*Spoiler* Braham vs Marjory

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Fixing bugged thread

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: megakittytron.5971

megakittytron.5971

Didn’t Marjory rush Scarlet? Therefore she would have taken the brunt of the attack. Braham just got hit with the shock waves.

Lilith Ajit.6173

Didn’t Marjory rush Scarlet? Therefore she would have taken the brunt of the attack. Braham just got hit with the shock waves.

Yeah she actually grappled them both. The engineer… Something skill. Kal Spiro said the engineer skills.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

Posted by: Spiuk.8421

Spiuk.8421

You are looking way too much into it...

Rubios – Tales of the Sunless [TXS]

Lilith Ajit.6173

You are looking way too much into it…

I know. This thread is fun.

[ARES]

Posted by: crosknight.3041

crosknight.3041

Rox and Bro-ham aren’t going to have the moment. They get a “friends stick together no matter what”

they are going to get their moment in season 2 lol

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

IMO they took the same pounding, Braham was just being alpha male about it and Majory wanted to see how much Kas really cares and kiss her boo boo.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

Rox and Bro-ham aren’t going to have the moment. They get a “friends stick together no matter what”

they are going to get their moment in season 2 lol

Here you go

Attachments:

Pineapples

Lilith Ajit.6173

You’re beautiful that made my day.

[ARES]

Posted by: OtakuModeEngage.8679

OtakuModeEngage.8679

So, Marjory was hurt decently bad. She got knocked out, looked a little roughed up, looked dead.

Braham broke his leg. That’s it? Why? And by the way that whole part of the scene, I was just thinking about Peter Griffin clutching his knee, going “ssssstttt ahhhhhhh” for 45 seconds.

I get I’ll get flamed, probably, for this response, but honestly, I don’t understand why Marjory got so hurt and Braham basically didn’t even have his life threatened.

(Side note, during the cut scenes, did any of you think it was weird and immersion breaking how your character just stood there, still, staring in one direction or the other?)

could simply be the point of impact, Braham crumpled over on his legs, and Marjory slammed her stomach into a steel wall/floor, or the like.

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

You’re beautiful that made my day.

/bows d-(^.^)z

Pineapples

Posted by: NoxInfernus.2361

NoxInfernus.2361

I believe a mistake that several people have made here is directly comparing Human anatomy to Norn anatomy.
Humans and Norn are only superficially similar. By nature of their development, their skin (hide) is thicker, their muscle and Bone density higher. In short, their environment guided their development into 8 foot tall Mac Trucks.

The second assumption that people are making (which has been covered), is that with everything being equal, both individuals should take proportionate amount of damage.
This is simply not true. Sometimes people just get ‘lucky’ and are able to avoid the worst of the most horrific accidents.
In short, Braham ‘won’ the RNG lotto, Marjory lost.

Lilith Ajit.6173

No one has answered the real question: why is braham so useless that he can’t handle a tiny wittle broken leg?

[ARES]

Posted by: Tierce.5370

Tierce.5370

He forgot to equip condition removal skills and he’s not traited for it? Happens to the best of us, then we get locked in combat…

Posted by: godofcows.2451

godofcows.2451

It was an excuse to get a kiss from kasmeer. smart marjory.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Braham’s learned enough to know that female Charr like males who suffer big injuries in combat. (“Scars are sexy”?) So, he might be playing it up.

Posted by: megakittytron.5971

megakittytron.5971

No one has answered the real question: why is braham so useless that he can’t handle a tiny wittle broken leg?

His broken leg symbolizes his broken childhood stemming from his mother, Eir’s, abandonment. Rox is there to heal those deep psychological wounds by tending to his leg and maybe snuggling him.

Lilith Ajit.6173

I love you all. Thanks for those responses.

[ARES]

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

Marjory is a small human, maybe 120-150 pounds.
Braham is a huge muscled norn, say 500 pounds.
Norn are super strong. Their physical power is greater then any other race, even charr, and they live their whole lives in the harsh Shiverpeak mountains, hunting and fighting monsters. Marjory is physically fit, but she couldn’t compare to even a weak norn, and Braham is definitely not a weak norn. His body is much more durable than hers, and he can no doubt withstand a lot more without being hurt. He’s probably also better at dealing with pain then most—when they had to get out of the breachmaker, he stood up and walked on that broken leg. Owch!

(edited by Weindrasi.3805)

Posted by: RileyTheRad.8542

RileyTheRad.8542

It seemed like she just got knocked out, maybe some hemorrhaging. It’s really not complicated. She hit her head, he didn’t. He fell on his leg weird and it broke. They didn’t fall identically… I have no idea why you’re so confused with this. o___O Why would you assume they fell the same way? Or got hit by an identical amount of force?

Hoopa doopa.

Posted by: Pipra.7580

Pipra.7580

It would have been better if Braham had taken an arrow to the knee.

Posted by: godofcows.2451

godofcows.2451

^ i knew i saw him at a different game as a town guard.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

His broken leg symbolizes his broken childhood stemming from his mother, Eir’s, abandonment. Rox is there to heal those deep psychological wounds by tending to his leg and maybe snuggling him.

Cant wait for the Braham and Rox kiss next. MmmMm.

Or would it be face licking? Not sure how this Charr stuff works.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: adozu.6398

adozu.6398

the whole thing was disappointing to me simply because lord faren was not involved. we all know braham’s got nothing on lord faren.

Lilith Ajit.6173

Cant wait for the Braham and Rox kiss next. MmmMm.

Or would it be face licking? Not sure how this Charr stuff works.

Face licking and love bites!

[ARES]

Posted by: seacanari.4583

seacanari.4583

Charrs don’t kiss…they cuddle

(edited by seacanari.4583)

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

Marjory was attempting to stomp Scarlet and was right next to the magic… thing. I guess it was engineer downed #2.

Lilith Ajit.6173

Daaaw. I’d cuddle a Charr!

[ARES]

seacanari.4583

Daaaw. I’d cuddle a Charr!

Who wouldn’t? They’re cuddly and fluffy I love my charr

seacanari.4583

You wanna talk realistic? My human Thief killed an Elder Dragon, and a walking plant took credit for it. I think my issue holds more of a realism argument. Just saying.

Trahearn never claimed credit for killing the Dragon. He tells he he’s sad that he can’t continue on to help you with the fight and has to stay and work on Orr.

Only Trahearne haters allowed in this thread

And he spoke funny. And he tasted like okra.

Wait… you know how he tastes???

It’s a well known fact that all Sylvari taste of okra. It’s a basic aspect of their anatomy. Just like humans taste like pork.

A little late to the “sylvari taste” discussion
But I think they taste according to their leaf and …bark… colors

My sylvari tastes like potato she looks like a nightshade ( potato) plant cause she’s pink leaved with white bark ( and ironically ..her last name is Nightshade)

Posted by: Cloud.5312

Cloud.5312

Armored vehicle vs. Mini Cooper, just saying.

Lol, while I love the idea of a Norn being built like a freaking tank, we both know that isn’t realistic. Bones and flesh of Norn guardian versus Human Necromancer are essentially equal (especially considering that necromancers have super high health pool and guardians super low) in terms of the game mechanics, I really don’t think it makes as much sense as you’re implying.

Ahem… Aegis?

Posted by: Keyce.8137

Keyce.8137

We’d have to test Engie #3 vs Aegis in sPvP.

That said, I think Kasmeer admitted in the previous LS segment that she gets hiccups when she gets scared.

Sorry, guys. She was stone-cold-sober when she kissed Marjory.

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Aegis

15chars

Wouldn’t that prevent him from being knocked back too?

It hit twice.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: Pipra.7580

Pipra.7580

Braham is a huge male norn.

Well, “huge” relatively speaking. He’s probably like 7’0, 300 pounds, he’s not much bigger than Logan.

Lol I was thinking in comparison to Majory. ‘huge’ ‘small’ etc are always sort of relative to whatever they are being compared to/against.

Braham is actually kind of small for a Norn.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Braham is a huge male norn.

Well, “huge” relatively speaking. He’s probably like 7’0, 300 pounds, he’s not much bigger than Logan.

Lol I was thinking in comparison to Majory. ‘huge’ ‘small’ etc are always sort of relative to whatever they are being compared to/against.

Braham is actually kind of small for a Norn.

because he is a growing boy- see hair style :P

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Cuz gurdians have protection, stability and invulnerabilitys. He has aegis. Necros are slow and get knocked around. HE is also heavy armor big norn she is small weak human woman.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

(edited by Warlord.9074)

seacanari.4583

Cuz gurdians have protection, stability and invulnerabilitys. He has aegis. Necros are slow and get knocked around. HE is also heavy armor big norn she is small weak human woman.

What if he popped his Virtue right as he was falling…after the first was popped?

Posted by: Kajin.5301

Kajin.5301

Marjory necro, highest hp pool, bit no evade no invuln frames. Braham guardian, medium hp pool but as we all know, first blow’s soaked by Aegis. / case closed

Skysap & Qaju & Juqa -VILE- Desolation

Lilith Ajit.6173

I love most of the latest responses, but I do wish more people would read the whole thread before posting.

Also, at the person who said Sylvari taste like potatoes: I have a degree in molecular gastronomy and can confirm that Trahearne, at least, tastes of okra.

(I really hope you get that I’m joking)

[ARES]

Posted by: Ghostextechnica.3270

Ghostextechnica.3270

I was just thinking about Peter Griffin clutching his knee, going “ssssstttt ahhhhhhh” for 45 seconds.

Hahahaa brilliant!!

Yeah I thought that whole scene was a little strange.

Especially given there are injuries and emotion and our character just kinda stands there and listens to everyone before running off.

When I get that feeling I want… spectral healing.

Lilith Ajit.6173

I was just thinking about Peter Griffin clutching his knee, going “ssssstttt ahhhhhhh” for 45 seconds.

Hahahaa brilliant!!

Yeah I thought that whole scene was a little strange.

Especially given there are injuries and emotion and our character just kinda stands there and listens to everyone before running off.

Haha my character just looked so bored. “Oh, you’re done now? Mmk lemme kill Scarlet for you while the dumb Mesmer gets blasted every which way.”

[ARES]

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

You wanna talk realistic? My human Thief killed an Elder Dragon, and a walking plant took credit for it. I think my issue holds more of a realism argument. Just saying.

Trahearn never claimed credit for killing the Dragon. He tells he he’s sad that he can’t continue on to help you with the fight and has to stay and work on Orr.

It’s a well known fact that all Sylvari taste of okra. It’s a basic aspect of their anatomy. Just like humans taste like pork.

My sylvari tastes like potato she looks like a nightshade ( potato) plant cause she’s pink leaved with white bark ( and ironically ..her last name is Nightshade)

Why is that ironic if that’s what she looks like?

In any case, while you may be correct, I think you’ll find it is potato seasoned with okra.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Leshain.6720

Leshain.6720

1. Because men are stronger than women.

2. Because the writers wanted (strangely animated) lesbian fan service.

3. Because Braham eats a lot of ham.

Lilith Ajit.6173

1. Because men are stronger than women.

2. Because the writers wanted (strangely animated) lesbian fan service.

3. Because Braham eats a lot of ham.

applauds

Freaking Braham and his ham. #1 though… Meeeeeeehhhhh lol

[ARES]

seacanari.4583

I love most of the latest responses, but I do wish more people would read the whole thread before posting.

Also, at the person who said Sylvari taste like potatoes: I have a degree in molecular gastronomy and can confirm that Trahearne, at least, tastes of okra.

I never said ALL sylvari taste like Potatoes, I said it was based on what they look like
:P Trahearne really does look like Okra…I think Caithe tastes like Asparagus

Lilith Ajit.6173

I never said ALL sylvari taste like Potatoes, I said it was based on what they look like

Caithe does in fact taste like salty asparagus.

Nightmare court actually taste like beets.

[ARES]

seacanari.4583

In any case, while you may be correct, I think you’ll find it is potato seasoned with okra.

Because I had no idea what a nightshade was when I named her or made her XD
:P Scarlet probably tastes like tomatoes but we’d never know because she’s gone now

Lilith Ajit.6173

:P Scarlet probably tastes like tomatoes but we’d never know because she’s gone now

I did taste her. And she tasted like moldy slimy okra (speculation, go!)

[ARES]

seacanari.4583

Caithe does in fact taste like salty asparagus.

Nightmare court actually taste like beets.

What does the Pale Tree taste like?
I think she tastes like Parsnips…because that’s one of the few pale veggies

seacanari.4583

I did taste her. And she tasted like moldy slimy okra (speculation, go!)

D: are you one of those vegetarian charrs? They eat my sylvari friends..

…what do you think Braham and Marjory taste like?