Token Wallet! Thank you a-net!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Donner.6293

Donner.6293

Maybe a designer/developer could explain the reasons for removing ability to deposit gold in the bank?
From my point of view it seems nothing but arbitary and completely unrelated to the introduction of the wallet feature. The wallet could work exactly as described while keeping the bank exactly as it is now, and (almost?) everybody would be happy.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Maybe a designer/developer could explain the reasons for removing ability to deposit gold in the bank?
From my point of view it seems nothing but arbitary and completely unrelated to the introduction of the wallet feature. The wallet could work exactly as described while keeping the bank exactly as it is now, and (almost?) everybody would be happy.

Because it’s mechanically redundant feature bloat. It was there pretty much exclusively so you could transfer gold between characters. With account-wide currencies, that function is no longer necessary, so it’s getting cut to cut down a bit on the UI chrome.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Busko.7408

Busko.7408

I totally agree Anet is taking something that looks REAL good and taking it to far almost breaking it.

KEEP the function to deposit gold to your own bank. I can see tons of tickets about peeps buying expensive items…

Im a Kitty Cat rawr
what what what….

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Cyan.6904

Cyan.6904

This will be interesting, lot of free space!

Cyan Graceland — Elementalist
The Knights Temple [TKT] — Aurora Glade

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

KEEP the function to deposit gold to your own bank. I can see tons of tickets about peeps buying expensive items…

Isn’t there a confirmation box if an item costs more than a few gold? If you manage to click first once to buy an expensive item you don’t want to, and then again on the confirm, there’s little you can blame Anet for.

Honestly – players should slow down a bit if you click around so fast you make purchase mistakes by being sloppy or not checking what action they’re currently doing…

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: KratosAngel.7289

KratosAngel.7289

I’m very often disappointed by the updates.
But, honestly, this single point is probably the best quality of life update the game has known until there.
Very, very good news, so good

in Queen's Jubilee

Donner.6293

Because it’s mechanically redundant feature bloat. It was there pretty much exclusively so you could transfer gold between characters.

That may be a point from a developers view, right, but actually that is simply not the only reason why gold is being stored in the bank. So it’s not a redundant feature, especially not after people got used to it for more than a year.

Isn’t there a confirmation box if an item costs more than a few gold? If you manage to click first once to buy an expensive item you don’t want to, and then again on the confirm, there’s little you can blame Anet for.

There is none on the trading post, which is where you can lose most of your gold with a small misclick. Besides the commander manual there are not that many expensive items sold by vendors anyways (and you can (still!) not buy in bulk…).
The trading post however may even lag, resulting in multiple items bought.

A simple way to lose a lot of gold unintentionally btw. is when you have multiple windows up (bank, vendor, trading post) and accidently click on the few visible pixels of the buy button on the TP window in the background, while you just wanted to bring it to the front. Yes this happened to me, and this is why I started to never run around with more than 2g on any ckitten

Honestly – players should slow down a bit if you click around so fast you make purchase mistakes by being sloppy or not checking what action they’re currently doing…

At least you worded it nicely, but it’s basically the same arrogant statement that always comes up when people talk about safety features (A similar topic wher I have seen this: The missing confirmation when vendoring exotics. Who does intentionally sell an item worth multiple golds, maybe even transmuted with a rare skin, for 5s? Why no confirmation here?).
Mistakes happen, and even though you may think you will never do one, that is simply not a valid argument supporting the removal of the ability to protect yourself if you want to.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

An what about currencies stored in bank?
There is said that upon first login of every character on the account all the currencies that character wield will be stored into wallet – so I’m asking when – if – will be stored currencies form the bank?
do I need to take all the tokens on the one of character from the bank before the update?

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: humfrid.2615

humfrid.2615

The wallet is a wonderful idea and I very much look forward to having all my tokens stashed away somewhere where they aren’t occupying bank slots.

That being said, I share some of the concerns that have been raised here about not being able to deposit money away to your bank any more.

I really hope that it will be possible to either keep depositing money ot the bank in the game or implement some other kind of safety measure with the new wallet, like e.g. the ability to divide your gold up in “spending money” that you can use to buy things with all your characters and “money in the vault” that cannot be accessed normally and has to be converted to “spending money” before you can use it at vendors or the trading post.

(On a less important note, I liked the fact that I could designate money to specific characters and would be happy to still be able to do that in the future, but in the end, I guess I could live without that.)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

I don’t wanna know how much gold people will unnecessarily lose because of this new “feature”.

They’ll lose gold through their stupidity, laziness or because they’re in a rush, NOT because of this great new feature.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

I don’t wanna know how much gold people will unnecessarily lose because of this new “feature”.

They’ll lose gold through their stupidity, laziness or because they’re in a rush, NOT because of this great new feature.

Or because the Trading Post very frequently glitches and lags for me, and other players, in recent patches.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

An what about currencies stored in bank?
There is said that upon first login of every character on the account all the currencies that character wield will be stored into wallet – so I’m asking when – if – will be stored currencies form the bank?
do I need to take all the tokens on the one of character from the bank before the update?

It’s already been answered that all currencies stored in the bank (tokens, etc.) will automatically be transferred to the wallet with the update, so you’ll basically log in and have all that space available and a fat, happy wallet singing show tunes.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Oranisagu.3706

Oranisagu.3706

Or because the Trading Post very frequently glitches and lags for me, and other players, in recent patches.

you know.. when you hit buy it’s possible to just wait for the confirmation. if you don’t get one, wait a few minutes and check again before rapidly clicking like there’s no tomorrow. ESPECIALLY if you’re buying something expensive like a precursor.

it’s fun how I never had any problem with expensive transactions as I just was a bit more careful than when I bought 5 copper food, where I didn’t care if I accidentally bought it twice.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: arabeth.2361

arabeth.2361

This feature is really awesome. The only thing that makes it less awesome is that it should have been implemented at launch. But whatever, at least we’re getting it now!

in Queen's Jubilee

Donner.6293

you know.. when you hit buy it’s possible to just wait for the confirmation. if you don’t get one, wait a few minutes and check again before rapidly clicking like there’s no tomorrow. ESPECIALLY if you’re buying something expensive like a precursor.

it’s fun how I never had any problem with expensive transactions as I just was a bit more careful than when I bought 5 copper food, where I didn’t care if I accidentally bought it twice.

Wow thank you for this insight, I bet people who have been a victim of the trading post lags have not realized this already…Seriously, what is your point, except telling others that you don’t make mistakes? How does this contribute to the topic, that people cannot easily protect themselves anymore from losing too much money – for whatever reason exactly? It doesn’t matter if it’s because of plain stupidity or technical issues or a simple misclick.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I think the Devs need to consider how much server space is going to be burned with people starting “personal” Guilds due to this change (not that I think it is a bad change….I love the idea). I have never considered starting a Guild until this point and I’m guessing MANY others are going to do so to provide some level of personal financial restriction and security.

If 80% of the player base starts a new Guild when this goes live, how will this effect the game (or the resources behind the scenes)?

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I definitely like this change, and am very appreciative of all the clarification offered by the staff.

I guess I can sort of understand the concern with having all of your gold accessible all the time, but I don’t see it as a big deal. If you are really so concerned about ‘over spending’ on a character, or fat fingering a transaction, then pay better attention. For over spending, make yourself a ‘checkbook’ via a speadsheet (Excel has a free version, Google is free, open office if free, just to name a couple) and track your spending. Hold yourself to a budget and accountable when you don’t stick to it.

I realize accidents happen (done it myself), but come on. We need to have some responsibility for our actions here. They are simply trying to make life easier for us.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Dog.1472

Dog.1472

The currency wallet will not have the 250 stack limit. Currencies in the wallet will behave in the same manner that gold and karma do currently.

This is the most amazing thing in the history of things.

I love you.

“Please, you can look down on people without having to be physically above them.
As an asura, I do this all the time.”

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Anet can’t seem to win….
Ugh, get rid of the confirmation for buying everything, it’s so tedious when you want to buy multiples.

Oh no, what if I accidentally buy too many/the wrong thing. Put confirmation buttons in.

Personally I love the update, the wallet and everything they’re doing in the upcoming update. This is a much needed update and I hope that we’ll get the seasonal/event currencies added too eventually.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Oranisagu.3706

Oranisagu.3706

Wow thank you for this insight, I bet people who have been a victim of the trading post lags have not realized this already…Seriously, what is your point, except telling others that you don’t make mistakes? How does this contribute to the topic, that people cannot easily protect themselves anymore from losing too much money – for whatever reason exactly? It doesn’t matter if it’s because of plain stupidity or technical issues or a simple misclick.

yes, the trading post has issues which need to be addressed, but there are very simple and easy workarounds everybody can follow if they really care about a transaction.

thus my point, as I already posted: stop clicking blindly around if you’re not sure what happened and you won’t get any problems. pretty simple imho, works every time and the additional effort is hardly noticeable.

people can and always could protect themselves from losing too much money by thinking before acting (or posting). this change has no influence whatsoever to that, so my question in return: what does your rant add to the topic at hand?

Anet can’t seem to win….
Ugh, get rid of the confirmation for buying everything, it’s so tedious when you want to buy multiples.

Oh no, what if I accidentally buy too many/the wrong thing. Put confirmation buttons in.

Personally I love the update, the wallet and everything they’re doing in the upcoming update. This is a much needed update and I hope that we’ll get the seasonal/event currencies added too eventually.

+1
I love it, frees 2 or 3 banktabs for me.
and no, when it comes to user error, there will always be people who double check before buying and don’t need an extra confirmation and others who blindly click around and complain afterwards.
the best compromise would probably be to set the limit when to ask for confirmation. i.e. when buying stuff with tokens I like the confirmation always on, for karma only >40k and for gold only >5 gold.

(edited by Oranisagu.3706)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

The currency wallet will not have the 250 stack limit. Currencies in the wallet will behave in the same manner that gold and karma do currently.

Loving how this game gets better and better.

JQ Druid

in Queen's Jubilee

Donner.6293

yes, the trading post has issues which need to be addressed, but there are very simple and easy workarounds everybody can follow if they really care about a transaction.

thus my point, as I already posted: stop clicking blindly around if you’re not sure what happened and you won’t get any problems. pretty simple imho, works every time and the additional effort is hardly noticeable.

people can and always could protect themselves from losing too much money by thinking before acting (or posting). this change has no influence whatsoever to that, so my question in return: what does your rant add to the topic at hand?

Seriously, what exactly you are arguing about here?
Putting gold in your bank has always been optional and many people use it to limit the amount of accessible gold, just in case… Now this ability is about to be removed and people already posted their concerns here, just to point out that ArenaNet should reconsider this decission.

Your “point”, which is basically that people should protect themselves from mistakes (and technical issues) by not doing mistakes, is hardly useful here. Even if you think this ability should to be removed, because you don’t need it and so nobody else should need it either, you are still not giving a reason why it should be removed.
You can always argue about confirmation boxes, because they are annoying in the wrong place, but if you don’t deposit gold in the bank you you are simply not affected by this, whether it’s possible or not.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Depotboy.6204

Depotboy.6204

Best news from this update imo.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lurker.6539

Lurker.6539

I like the Wallet, no more character hopping to collect up their gold.

Sad to see the personal bank go away, I liked having a reserve and how map travel would warn you that you were about to access your reserve. And how the reserve protected me… my finger has a twitch, and sometimes clicks all by itself (Oops, I just bought what?)

On the confirmation box topic, some software I designed has a user configurable threshold that will only pop up a confirmation if the transaction exceeds that threshold. It put the confirmation box existence in the hands of the user, and got them off my back.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Korsbaek.9803

Korsbaek.9803

how high can the currency stack im thinking tokens as 250(a normal stack now) would still make a problem with space tho not so fast or are they stacking to 999 or more?

Commander Korsbaek lvl 80 Guardian
Ayano Yagami lvl 80 ele

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

how high can the currency stack im thinking tokens as 250(a normal stack now) would still make a problem with space tho not so fast or are they stacking to 999 or more?

There’s no limit, like karma and gold.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: theecho.2065

theecho.2065

Are skill points considered a core currency? If not, could this possibly be added for all skill points after a character is level 80? I hate having to buy crystals on separate characters and it takes up a lot of bank space since they will not stack if they are soul bound to individual characters. I do love the wallet idea though!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Vashoom.8512

Vashoom.8512

Are skill points considered a core currency? If not, could this possibly be added for all skill points after a character is level 80? I hate having to buy crystals on separate characters and it takes up a lot of bank space since they will not stack if they are soul bound to individual characters. I do love the wallet idea though!

skill points are not considered a currency, neither are crystals (which should be, imo), or at LEAST make them account bound -.-

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: sinderhella.5680

sinderhella.5680

Now if they only made something to store all my kitten potions from the achievement boxes……..

Sinderhella – 80 Thief | Magoria – 80 Necromancer
When a thief tells you ’’L2P’’, they mean this.
Solider Bee ~ Sinister Swarm

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

I’d like to say that I LOVE this idea!!!! This will help clean up my bank (in which I was nearly about to purchase another tab). I also love the fact that I can share my gold and karma easily now. I hated having to run to the Bank or switch toons, deposit, switch back, and withdraw. Not to mention the zoning in and out to get to banks to achieve that feat.

I don’t understand the negative backlash for the gold though. I’ve never ONCE made a mistake of making a purchase. Should ANET be responsible for putting up safeguards because people aren’t paying attention themselves? I don’t think so. I hear the argument that lag or bugs can help cause a mistake and to me, that is the only logical and real argument to make.

I can’t wait for Tuesday and this update. How long until the LFG tool?

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: theecho.2065

theecho.2065

IMO, think of the current bank deposit like a savings account. Why do you have 2 different bank accounts if everything could just go into a checking. Some people like to have options for budgeting their money…. This is just my take on it however.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Order of Venvardis.6073

Order of Venvardis.6073

Just want to add another huge “THANK YOU!” It’s so amazing to finally have storage for dungeon tokens, badges of honor, and even guild commendations! Thank you, thank you, 1000x thank you.

It does seem weird that they overlooked (or just chose not to include) pristine fractal relics, but I hope they’ll include them in a future update. And at least it’s only one type of token you’ll need to keep in inventory/bank. Plus, if I’m not mistaken, you can only get one once per day, and with the introduction of FotM being about 8 months ago, would anyone actually have more than a single stack of them?

Lastly, while I think it makes sense for them to remove the bank because the account-bound wallet makes the feature (mostly) meaningless, I do understand the plight of those who want to store money for saving or to avoid accidental spending/splurges. It makes sense why they would think to remove it, but I guess it is a useful feature regardless… Maybe in the future they will add that again, and since we now have the “wallet” maybe they can do something cute like have a “piggy bank.” Instead of needing to go to the bank maybe it would just be another little menu-thing in inventory: “send gold to piggy bank?” Ooh, or it could be that you could deposit money from anywhere but can only withdraw it at the bank.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Just want to add another huge “THANK YOU!” It’s so amazing to finally have storage for dungeon tokens, badges of honor, and even guild commendations! Thank you, thank you, 1000x thank you.

It does seem weird that they overlooked (or just chose not to include) pristine fractal relics, but I hope they’ll include them in a future update. And at least it’s only one type of token you’ll need to keep in inventory/bank. Plus, if I’m not mistaken, you can only get one once per day, and with the introduction of FotM being about 8 months ago, would anyone actually have more than a single stack of them?

Lastly, while I think it makes sense for them to remove the bank because the account-bound wallet makes the feature (mostly) meaningless, I do understand the plight of those who want to store money for saving or to avoid accidental spending/splurges. It makes sense why they would think to remove it, but I guess it is a useful feature regardless… Maybe in the future they will add that again, and since we now have the “wallet” maybe they can do something cute like have a “piggy bank.” Instead of needing to go to the bank maybe it would just be another little menu-thing in inventory: “send gold to piggy bank?” Ooh, or it could be that you could deposit money from anywhere but can only withdraw it at the bank.

My guess is that “Fractal Relics” was a catch-all and that Pristine relics would also be included.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Anet can’t seem to win….

Except that is not entirely true.
Alternatives have already been mentioned.
They could simply leave the wallet as currently stated AND leave the bank as it exist now with the gold storage. Anyone who actually wants to carry all their gold with them can just ignore the bank.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Martin Kerstein.3071

Previous

Martin Kerstein.3071

Head of Global Community

Next

It is not as simple as having both, it is something that is within the code and the interaction of multiple different elements of the game. So it might look like an easy thing on the outside – under the hood there is a lot of programming magic going on.

So if you need to have a bankspace to protect yourself from – well – yourself, you have to use the “individual guild” route.

in Queen's Jubilee

TehPwnerer.7215

It shouldn’t be anyone at ArenaNet’s job to make sure people don’t spend their money on stuff they don’t want. There are plenty of fail-safe methods in place to prevent people from accidentally buying things – the exception being the trading post which will instantly take your money if you have enough to buy what you’ve clicked on.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Conner.4702

Conner.4702

It is not as simple as having both, it is something that is within the code and the interaction of multiple different elements of the game. So it might look like an easy thing on the outside – under the hood there is a lot of programming magic going on.

So if you need to have a bankspace to protect yourself from – well – yourself, you have to use the “individual guild” route.

If it is simple or not is irrelevant. Just because it is harder to do does not mean you should not do it and is a cop out argument.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Martin Kerstein.3071

Previous

Martin Kerstein.3071

Head of Global Community

Next

You did not read my post properly. It is not an option. It is not possible without touching core systems. Which will have other consequences. An MMO is a very complex thing.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Bjorn Wolfen.4752

Bjorn Wolfen.4752

While I mostly love the idea of the wallet, I too think making gold account wide/removing it from the bank is a bad move. There’s really no arguments I can present that haven’t been mentioned several times in the thread already, so I’m just adding my “vote” for keeping the gold out of the wallet. I seriously hope Anet can at least reconsider this decision, though I’m afraid it’s already too late, what with the update being so close already.

P.S. Even though I’m not going to quit GW2 due to this update (like I said, wallet = mostly awesome), I have to say that if my real life bank was to suddenly tell me I couldn’t have a savings account, and all my money would be transferred to a single account, I would immediately take all my money elsewhere. That’s pretty much exactly what this update is doing. Just some food for thought…

in Queen's Jubilee

TehPwnerer.7215

If it is simple or not is irrelevant. Just because it is harder to do does not mean you should not do it and is a cop out argument.

People will complain about anything. They’re allowing you to have all of your stuff stored account-wide and accessible on any character. How is that a bad thing whatsoever? I fail to see why there’s any complaining about this.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Akechi Hotaru.7129

Akechi Hotaru.7129

I’m looking forward to this patch more than any before it, the wallet is a great idea that I’m glad to see implemented. I am however of the personal storage camp as none of my characters ever carry more than 20s at any given moment (enough for armor repairs and wp’s)If I’m going to buy something I go to a city withdraw my desired amount and make the purchase. I don’t think of it as inconvenient, rather it is a way for me to save up my money sight unseen.

Anet has a tendency to take things a step too far and the wallet is a prime example of this. I doubt there is anything in the code of the wallet that conflicts with that of the personal bank so I see no reason why they can’t simply leave the personal storage alone and add the wallet. I’m fine with all the cash im holding being shared between my characters, in fact that makes it easier to manage, I’ll admit that. I do however strongly believe removing cash storage from the bank is unnecessary and will alienate players for whatever their personal reason for wanting cash storage is.

All said all through, I have a few personal guilds for bank space and rp that will soon hold the sum total of my savings lest they decide to reverse their decision on this one lousy feature they want to implement with the wallet. It is by no means a game-breaker to me like it is to some but that’s likely only due to the fact that I already have personal guilds. It does suck to be driven into a corner like this with only 1 option to safely store your savings away from your characters.

tl;dr version: Love the wallet as well as many of the features being added with the QJ patch, sucks to lose the ability to store my money in the bank away from my characters, but since I’ve got guilds for storage and rp already it won’t affect me as much as some others.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

You did not read my post properly. It is not an option. It is not possible without touching core systems. Which will have other consequences. An MMO is a very complex thing.

I get what you are saying and except we can’t have both. Any chance for some sort of confirmation dialog in the TP when we are going to spend more than say 5G? How about a user settable WARNING level? It’s one thing to accidentally buy something you didn’t mean to with the limited funds on your present existing character, but quite another to potentially wipe out your game life savings on an accidental click.

Just a suggestion from someone wanting to avoid the potential disasters I foresee from this update (that I think is a AWESOME idea, BTW….I just see the potential dangers and would like to see it idiot-proofed as much as possible.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

I’m just thinking you overdid it a bit. I see how the core mechanics of where gold goes changed with removing the personal gold. And that the gold banking is altered.

But I’m just thinking you could use a lot of the old coding for the new system. Perhaps an addition to just re-add the coding of the personal gold, and then add a function to deposit / withdraw it from the wallet? That wouldn’t really effect much of the coding requiered for the wallet, except from removing that gold drops goes there (and you’ve already sorted that out with the old coding). Then it just requires you to code the deposit / withdrawel function.
I can’t look into your coding, so I wouldn’t know how much effort that would be… but it seems like the best of both worlds to me.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: ShunsuiKouKyoraku.9106

ShunsuiKouKyoraku.9106

I too, love the wallet! Though I will agree removing the gold bank isn’t the wisest choice. But it’s also not terribly expensive to make a personal guild for that purpose, so really I’m not worried. Just has to change locations for my 5 Legendaries Savings.

~De Oppresso Libre~
Shunsui Kou Kyoraku~Thief |Afro Claptrap~Warrior|Korra Jorradóttir~Elementalist
Zaraki Bladebreaker~Guardian|Mikasa Ackkermann~Mesmer

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Thanks for the confirmation I guess. Now I can just going ahead and start the unlocks without wasting any time when the patch hits. Anyone else planning to create a storage guild for this purpose should do the same as well. Keeping in mind that there is a 72(?) hour waiting period before you can use the guild bank. Lots of accidents can happen in 72 hours! There is also the time it takes to build the unlocks.

I would also recommend making a “banker” character to avoid the hassle of having mess with representing(this is especially annoying when the guild system stops functioning from time to time) every time you need to access the personal guild bank. This also brings up the other other problem with this “solution”. The guild system is a bit lacking and occasionally decides that you are not in any guild which would make all the gold stored in the guild bank inaccessible. Sometimes it will still treat you as being in a guild but decide that your guild no longer has the vault unlocked.

(edited by Khisanth.2948)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: MokahTGS.7850

MokahTGS.7850

What will happen to Jugs of Liquid Karma? Will they stay in my bank or should I drink them all now?

Does it matter, drink ‘em anyways, since now you don’t have to save them for a certain character.

Actually, now that it isn’t character-based…these karma consumables will likely become obsolete. It would make far more sense to simply award a given amount of karma rather than a consumable that serves no purpose.

Actually a consumable is preferred as there will still be karma boosters in game making for guild karma parties the recommended way of gaining karma.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: ShiningMassXAcc.4735

ShiningMassXAcc.4735

This seems to be confirmation that, yes, make a “individual guild” if you are really nervous. As a stats/telemetry geek, I’d love to see GW2 guild creation stats for the coming weeks/months to see how many people are actually concerned about this enough to act on it.

*haven’t stated yet, but overall really pleased with this wallet ty

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Depositing coins into the bank is no longer possible.

Mmmm…. could I ask for this feature to come back in a later patch? (since I realize it’s probably too late to do anything about it now).

I like depositing gold in my back so I don’t accidentally spend it. I already had an incident once when I bought a pair of Heavy Tier 3 Cultural Boots on my Thief :/ (this was before you added a warning before buying those. I still have them in my bank as a reminder and in hopes that I can get my money back one of these days…)

Guild bank man GUILD BANK, it is the new personal (stopping me from messing up and losing a lot of money) bank.

Until you log in and you suddenly no longer have a guild vault with all of your money in it because your guild no longer exists due to the guild disappearing bug. For some, a reload of the game brings your guild back, for me this fixed it on one occasion where I had this bug. Another time my guild was just gone even after several days of restarting and relogging. Lost several gold I had in my vault and some items. Had to eventually remake it (same name, same tag) and get it all trained up again with vault, guild armor and weapon, etc.

After that I put all of my gold into my bank except for copper and the 5s I kept on each character for waypoint fees so I didn’t cause my bank to have copper in it from it autopaying from my bank.

I love this new feature, especially for Badges and Karma as long is there is NO cap on the amount of karma as I have millions worth in jugs and boosts waiting to be used…though nothing really to spend it on. But as many people will now treat a personal guild as their bank, I would think they would ensure the guild disappearing bug was actually fixed before implementing this.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I’m genuinely confused about the people complaining about this feature… How does account wide gold and karma affect you negatively?

Waypoint fees.

Generally pays not to have accessible gold when you’re running around the Bazaar or the Aetherblade jumping puzzle.

You do know that WPing comes out of your personal bank if you don’t have enough on your character? So this will change nothing. Time to put your gold in a guild bank. by the way WPing can’t take it out of there.

So, Devs, what happens now if a player has no coin in the wallet or not enough for a waypoint fee? Do they stay dead until someone happens upon and revives them? What if they’re not really in an accessible area and should not expect anyone to happen across them? Or will they then have switch to an alt if they have one, or for those with only one character, will they have to then make an entirely new second character just to kill a few things to get a few coin in their wallet so they can then log back into the dead character since they can now afford a waypoint fee?

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

So, Devs, what happens now if a player has no coin in the wallet or not enough for a waypoint fee? Do they stay dead until someone happens upon and revives them? What if they’re not really in an accessible area and should not expect anyone to happen across them? Or will they then have switch to an alt if they have one, or for those with only one character, will they have to then make an entirely new second character just to kill a few things to get a few coin in their wallet so they can then log back into the dead character since they can now afford a waypoint fee?

The exact same thing that have happened since release if you die without any kind of money.
You get a free WP.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square