Why doesn't Sky Pirates have RNG boxes?

in Living World

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

Asked no-one ever.

Thank you for at least not putting them in the gem store. I get so tired of people complaining how they wasted their money.

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

in Living World

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

As a kid I learned that stupid questions don’t exist.

As an adult I learned they were wrong.

This would be a stupid question which is why no one asked.

Sarcasm thread ftw

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Living World

Posted by: Astraea.6075

Astraea.6075

Sadly the likely answer is because the rich dragon coffers will still be available for at least 2 weeks after this update goes live. Why add another RNG box to compete with one you’re already selling?

in Living World

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

It didn’t explicitly say that there weren’t going to be RNG boxes – and it is my assumption that the Aetherblade weapons will be based on weapon tickets again.

I guess they will add “Aetherblade Airdrop Boxes” after the Rich Dragon Coffers go out of sale.

in Living World

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

Assuming that there will be RNG boxes crew checking in! Once it’s live and running I’ll believe otherwise.

in Living World

Posted by: Naginto.4597

Naginto.4597

Asked no one ever

Thank you for making me smile so early in the morning!

80 Ranger / 80 Mesmer
80 Engineer / 80 Guardian
80 Necro / 80 Thief

in Living World

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

The impression I’m getting is that the aetherblade weapons will be the rares that they’ve talked about being able to get from the dungeon. Which means they’ll need a transmutation crystal to move the skin onto your exotic weapon that is actually useful…

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Living World

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

Asked no one ever

Thank you for making me smile so early in the morning!

My work here is done

flies away with jetpack

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

in Living World

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

flies away with jetpack

I see what you did thar!

in Living World

Astraea.6075

It didn’t explicitly say that there weren’t going to be RNG boxes – and it is my assumption that the Aetherblade weapons will be based on weapon tickets again.

I guess they will add “Aetherblade Airdrop Boxes” after the Rich Dragon Coffers go out of sale.

If you look at the page announcing the features, you will see that they do explicitly mention RNG boxes in the form of rich dragon coffers. Remember the dragon bash festival runs for a month, so the sky pirates content would have been out for at least 2 weeks before the rich dragon coffers are removed from the gem store.

in Living World

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

Asked no-one ever.

Thank you for at least not putting them in the gem store. I get so tired of people complaining how they wasted their money.

You’re kidding, right? Wait to be disappointed on the 25th.

in Living World

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

I really don’t want another chest-buy-carrot-moneytheft. Just let us earn these weapons and armour sets through completing dungeons. And also, please don’t make the new dungeon temporary.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in Living World

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

im assuming that they will be but im hoping im wrong

in Living World

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

“New Story Dungeon: Aetherblade Retreat – June 25-July 9”

It’s temporary, sorry.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Living World

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

That blows. 15 chars

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

You’re clearly not cynical enough, OP. RNG will come in the form of those sweet new Aetherblade skins only available from a chest at the end of the story dungeon. We shall have people who run the dungeon hundreds of times and never get a skin, and that annoying player who dies constantly, cusses out everybody on the team, gets carried all the way through, and gets a skin on his very first trip.

in Living World

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

You’re clearly not cynical enough, OP. RNG will come in the form of those sweet new Aetherblade skins only available from a chest at the end of the story dungeon. We shall have people who run the dungeon hundreds of times and never get a skin, and that annoying player who dies constantly, cusses out everybody on the team, gets carried all the way through, and gets a skin on his very first trip.

LOL and double lol

Oh just as long as it doesn’t have a single player mode, It’s bad enough i have to get cussed by a team, single player mode i have to cuss on myself, and really does your self esteem in

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

But people, there are RNG boxes for Sky Pirates.

They’re called Dragon Coffers.

Sky Pirates is simply Dragon Bash p2, just like Last Stand at Southsun was part 2 of Secret of Southsun. Just as those two steps shared RNGs, so too, will the Dragon Bash and Sky Pirates.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Living World

Posted by: kiwiburner.2186

kiwiburner.2186

Sky Pirates is simply Dragon Bash p2, just like Last Stand at Southsun was part 2 of Secret of Southsun. Just as those two steps shared RNGs, so too, will the Dragon Bash and Sky Pirates.

Well, except that Dragon Bash part 2 was Dragon Bash part 2. If you want to stubbornly argue this, at least call Sky Pirates Dragon Bash part 3 (except beware that the Dragon Bash festivities, decorations and Dragon Ball are all going to have disappeared, together with the hologram projectors and other Dragon Bash-related content, less the gem store item overlap).

“poopsock made it past the filters!” -stinkypants.8419

in Living World

Astraea.6075

With all due respect, while I agree that the RNG boxes will be present in the form of dragon coffers, I disagree with the premise that Sky Pirates is part two of Dragon Bash.

While it falls under the auspices of Living Story, Dragon Bash is planned to be a recurring festival event. Yes, there were story elements present that served as an introduction to the upcoming Sky Pirates arc, but the main focus has been the festival activities. Despite the similarity with how the two Southsun episodes were structured, the crucial diference is that Dragon Bash will return next year, while Secret of Southsun won’t.

in Living World

Astraea.6075

Well, except that Dragon Bash part 2 was Dragon Bash part 2. If you want to stubbornly argue this, at least call Sky Pirates Dragon Bash part 3 (except beware that the Dragon Bash festivities, decorations and Dragon Ball are all going to have disappeared, together with the hologram projectors and other Dragon Bash-related content, less the gem store item overlap).

Dragon Bash will continue till early July (ends on the 9th IIRC), so none of the event content will be disappearing when Sky Pirates is released.