Jumping Feedback Thread

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Selenya.6410

Selenya.6410

I might also jump if the map itself didn’t put my lappy on its knees with 8fps…
GG anet, always the best contents… /sarcasm

Time to upgrade for both you and the OP.

I’d much rather they make fun content than pander there releases to computers that are barely capable of still running xp.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/s2/Dry-top-is-EXTREMELY-frame-rate-taxing

I was at firt undercided if answer to such ignorant comment, however, I run every other map at 60fps normally.
I think its most a case of very bad optimizzation most likely.

Nexon = Advanced Cancer

(edited by Selenya.6410)

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

But you CAN learn to do them. That’s the whole point. Nothing is making it impossible for you to do it, other than you deciding that you can’t do it.

Learning to jump is not the same as learning the jumping paths. In this game you learn the jumping paths and where the developers intended you to jump in order to succeed, no matter how absurd the path (jump) might look. If you deviate even the slightest from the set path, you will fail. There are countless places in the game where a jump seems trivial yet when you try to perform it you will fail just because the execution of 3D collision maps says so.

Essentially jumping success in GW2 depends only on how much time you have to spend on finding that ideal path, nothing else.

(edited by holodoc.5748)

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: aelfwe.4239

aelfwe.4239

I might also jump if the map itself didn’t put my lappy on its knees with 8fps…
GG anet, always the best contents… /sarcasm

Time to upgrade for both you and the OP.

I’d much rather they make fun content than pander there releases to computers that are barely capable of still running xp.

I have the worst pc of my friends. They lags like hell, i dont. Anet did some crap into this map

Aelfwe Dark Asura Mesmer\Thief,
FREE PYRO

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Elden Arnaas.4870

Elden Arnaas.4870

re: Not to sound rude or anything, but why are you playing a game that involves jumping – It shouldn’t have jumping so integrally involved. This isn’t a platform jumping game, it’s a high fantasy MMO.

re: jumping is easy, anyone can do it! – No, not everyone. We all don’t have great PC’s, and we all don’t have great internet connections. Plus we all don’t have the coordination of 12 year olds.(even when we were 12 years old.)

re: time for an upgrade – Everyone can’t just plop down a stack of cash for a new PC, or even a decent upgrade. Feature creep should keep in mind the original game specs.(Especially for a game less than 2 years old.)

(edited by Elden Arnaas.4870)

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: FugueState.3842

FugueState.3842

If you’ve ever had to play on the most minimally capable computer, you would know that jumping ability isn’t always trainable, it’s a software issue.

Actually if it is a minimally capable computer it would be a hardware issue, not software

If the computer fulfill the minimum requirements of the game (which might change over-time mind you) it should be fully possible to train it.
But since the player didn’t really seem to talk about having a bad computer but rather just being bad at jumping I would say that he could very much train up the ability.

IF the issue is with computer slowing down and such, lowering graphics to the very lowest should help quite a bit.

Ok you’re getting on my nerves. You keep answering to this post like you’re some kind of expert on Mario on GBA.

Let me tell you something Krall; this is not SMA:GBA. Someone already posted in this thread about being in Australia.

Let me ask you, do you know anything about Ping? Jitter? Latency from your ISP to the host server? If you’ve got a ping of 250+ you are auto kicked from most Halo multiplayer servers based on script alone. This is because the packets of information are hiccuping in their course of travel causing unreliable connections to the host, resulting in what is called “warping” around the map. Since you keep answering blatantly, you must be one of those people who accuse someone with bad ping of hacking because you see them warping around the map; but they aren’t hacking, they just want to enjoy the game but their ISP is pure crap.

Forcing the jumping puzzles on people with bad ping is a bad move. Having jumping puzzles in an MMO like this is just plain kittened IMO. They should focus on improving the combat mechanics and implementing new terrain dangers that force people to actually THINK, not just “oh, let me match purple with purple”. I’ll tell you what, if we can pick up aspects around WvW it would make it much more interesting than what it is now. And that comes from killing nearly 31k+ people over the past 2 years.

So learn something about Ping, Jitter & Latency before you post again please.

(edited by FugueState.3842)

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I kind of like it. It adds another level of depth to exploring – be it time requirement or number of charges. It really expands your view on the map. You don’t stare at the ground, but want to look up. Something interests you and then you want to figure out how to reach your point. Be it finding aspect crystal, planning how to proceed with limited charges/time and not fall to death.

Sure, sometimes jumps are annoying. I play mostly charrs and because of that many jumps are 150% of difficulty for humans/sylvari/asuras but I don’t complain. The feel when you manage to overcome all obstacles and do it as a big charr is also 150% better.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I am fully aware about how ping works. That was however nothing that the guy I was mainly responding to talked about. The only thing he said was that he “couldn’t do it”.

And even with lag and such it would be fully possible with training. I have had several sessions with rather sever lag during the Bazaar, and yet have been rather able to time the jumps and such well enough to still manage to do it.

I also have a guildie from Australia that have no issues at all with those things, despite having high ping.

But I suppose if one have decided that they will never manage to do it they probably never will.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Hjorje.9453

Hjorje.9453

I am with Krall here. The guy never said anything about bad computer or ISP issue he just said “he couldn’t do them”. Now I used to suck at JP’s and there are some I still can’t do but I don’t rage quit trying them any more, because guess what, I went out and practiced doing them and learning the best way to move, when to jump, timing and such.

So it is very possible to train on how to do a jumping puzzle just like Krall said, I don’t see anything in this post trolling except the guy Krall was talking to keep changing his reason for not being able to do something.

As for the new content I am loving it. I think it is a nice addition. I do hope they don’t make all new zones this way. But seeing as the Zeph ship crashed here I don’t see them doing this for all the zones.

Hjorje

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Sarah.1825

Sarah.1825

Jumping can be trained….. I give you arthritis, tendinitis, carpal tunnel, I give you stroke, amputations, and plain old bad hand/eye coordination that cannot be ‘trained’.

The one thing that I like(d) about this game is that you were not forced to do things you don’t like or can’t do. Don’t like PVE, go WvW, don’t like PVP, go Dungeons.

I avoided the Aspects the first time they were around, I completely avoided the entire thing the second time around. I haven’t had the chance to try the new zone yet but if you MUST use the aspects to progress then I won’t have any of my characters able to do it, plain and simple. Charr or Asura, it won’t matter, I will never get any of my (currently) 14 level 80 toons into that zone.

I don’t care if it takes 4 times as long to do it without the Aspects, it should be POSSIBLE to do it without them.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Jedisa.9513

Jedisa.9513

The aspects and jumping don’t bother nearly as much as the incredibly short timer on the Aspect skills.

That is just not enjoyable at all for me to not only try to figure out where to go but to also do it in 5 seconds…..

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Len Knr.7481

Len Knr.7481

Also some of us have trouble with jumping for whatever reason – doesn’t mean we can’t! It is supposed to be an MMO, not a jumping marathon! I hate vista but I’ve been there, done that! Oh, well!

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: josephleahy.2943

josephleahy.2943

sorry, did i miss something? we all can jump even back in the day on guild wars we could…. /jump if you are saying its to hard then sorry that’s what the achievements are for now. they are made to be harder.

~One mans magic is another mans engineering.
RNG engineer~

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Neox.3497

Neox.3497

Wait what?
What jumping part is hard about the new area?
Most times you just use “Assisted Leap” to get higher.
About twice the “Light Dash”.
And twice “Lightning Pull”.
The ‘timelimit’ is no problem because it’s right there where you have to use it. lol

The only “hard” one is the jumping puzzle + dive.
Or is there something that stops the jumps because you have a bad pc?

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

Jumping can be trained..... I give you arthritis, tendinitis, carpal tunnel, I give you stroke, amputations, and plain old bad hand/eye coordination that cannot be ’trained’.

The one thing that I like(d) about this game is that you were not forced to do things you don’t like or can’t do. Don’t like PVE, go WvW, don’t like PVP, go Dungeons.

I avoided the Aspects the first time they were around, I completely avoided the entire thing the second time around. I haven’t had the chance to try the new zone yet but if you MUST use the aspects to progress then I won’t have any of my characters able to do it, plain and simple. Charr or Asura, it won’t matter, I will never get any of my (currently) 14 level 80 toons into that zone.

I don’t care if it takes 4 times as long to do it without the Aspects, it should be POSSIBLE to do it without them.

Yep, agreed. I think they’re trying to make me feel more decrepit than is absolutely necessary with this content. I’ve done the story (and a fight in it made me despair at my wrists and seemingly increasingly poor reactions, ultimately rendering it no fun), and figure that’s me done for this content.

I can only say to those who have no issues, you’re very lucky. Enjoy it.

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Julischka Bean.7491

Julischka Bean.7491

Hi Eledon.
I feel the same way you do about jumping….I can’t do it. My computer is fine, I am just uncoordinated

However, last year I could not jump up to the Sanctum..this year, this year, I refused to give up. I fell so many times….but I made it!!!!!! When the cut scene started, I fist pumped and whooped so loud I scared my cat who was snoozing next to the keyboard..he almost spilled my water glass

I have not done the new stuff yet…you say it is the same Zephyr aspects I beat into submission??? Oy Vay.

Well, I am again going to refuse to give up….but, I agree, Anet, when you plan your activities, please, please, keep in mind that not all people have the coordination of a young whippersnapper, hotshot gamer.

Grin. Maybe you, Arenanet, can do a survey. Check yes or no-do you have the coordination of young whippersnapper, hotshot gamer?

Hugs Eledon, you are not alone.
Lisa.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Dunan Atreides.5436

Dunan Atreides.5436

Honestly, it’s a level 80 map.

I used to play on an old laptop, and I couldn’t play WvW or high level pve content because my laptop would die – did I whine to anet that it’s not fair? No I didn’t.

Now for you guys who do have a good PC and still complain – breathe. Take it slow. You are developing a skill, stop complaining that you can’t do it. Like playing the piano, you have to take it slow at first, and ignore the people who can do it easily. Visualize where you’re going.

Aside from the LS, most of the platforming isn’t even required – just jump down when you get to dry top, and then you can access most of the map from there aside from one high jump which isn’t that bad.

Patience people, learn.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: fumbii.3582

fumbii.3582

Now people are whining about… jumping

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

Aspect Skill Tips:

When to use which skill:

Use #1 when jumping up unto vertical cliff walls above you.
Use #2 when you want to go through a barrier/shield or quicksand.
Use #3 when jumping across a large gap (You can jump up platforms as well if they are higher than you are as long as you are far enough distance away to make use of the leap arc).

How to efficiently use each skill:

Jump Skill #1: Press 1 to go up then hold W to go forward as you reach the top.
Speed Skill #2: Aim your camera and character in the direction you want to go in then tap 2 to move through the barrier/shield/quicksand then press 2 again to stop moving forward as soon as you get through.
Leap Skill #3: Enable “Fast with Range Indicator” or “Normal” in your options menu under ground targeting. Move the green circle unto the platform ahead then press to move there (Unless you use Range Indicator in which case you hold 2 then let go when the green circle is in the right place). Do not use WASD or jump keys while using this leap skill it will do the work for you as long as you indicate the position it should leap to.

Just remember that the skills themselves will do most of the work for you. Hope that helps

Edit: I’d also like to add that it’s easier to use the aspect skills than actual jumping because you have more time between pressing the jump button and forward. I think because the skills control your character so suddenly and in a big way that people panic a bit while using them.

Just try to remember that the skills will do most of the movement for you and to try to relax when it does. Pretend you’re on an elevator and all you have to do is press the button to go up and hold forward to get out as you reach the top (in regards to the trickier skill #1). Don’t panic or try to steer the skills too much. You also don’t need to press spacebar to make the jump work.

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

(edited by Fay.2735)

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Selenya.6410

Selenya.6410

I used to play this game for fun, nice combat system, nice enviroments, the only annoying thing… jumping.

As others have stated already, this is not a platforming game, it’s an MMO fantasy theme – should be -, and not all of us are Super Mario’s clones.
Till you are able to ignore it and do things regardless, fine, who am i to negate to those who like jumping such amazing aspect of the game…? Live and let live.

But now… Let’s say i maybe had some hype about this LS2 expecially, toward new contents since we are on a cold streak of NO new ones quite a while, and all i get is.. being forced to do exactly what i like LESS in order to complete it and the new set of achis.

I almost regret LS1 all the way…

Nexon = Advanced Cancer

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: SvenskNavi.9378

SvenskNavi.9378

What exactly is so hard about getting around the map? I just ran through to the first quest inside to try to figure out what “entrance jp” there is that’s so hard.. First you hit 2 to move forward through a sand-waterfall. No harder than hitting w to go forward. Then you jump twice using 3 and clicking where you want to go. No different than using any ground targetting skill. Then you one 1 to jump up to a high cliff.. No different then any jumping at all.. Run around a cliff and make 2 short jumps, then another high one no harder than the first, and then you’re there.. Please, explain which part is so hard.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Julischka Bean.7491

Hi Dunan.

I think you are right about developing the skill part. Every time I fell into the net, and I probably fell enough times to set a record, I think I added more info to my brain. In time, I made it to the top

Ignoring everyone who seemingly danced their way to the top of the sanctum was hard until I told myself, that I did not see them last year. For all I know, last year these youngwhippersnappers might have fallen as many times as I did.

Thanks for the advice Dunan.

Lisa.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Julischka Bean.7491

Lisa Sits up straight, and hits the print button.

Thank you a ton Fay. I am going to use this.

And I think you are right about the aspects/skills doing the work for you. That was very true with the lightning aspect. I just aimed for the matching purple cone and off I went

Thank you so much for helping. This was very sweet of you.
Lisa.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: GrahamB.8301

GrahamB.8301

Thanks for the tips Fay, do appreciate your help.

However, like the OP I was really looking forward to the content..then entered the area ….and …urgh…jumping…..
8(

If I wanted to play a jumping game, I’d play Mario not GW2…..

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

If I wanted to play a jumping game, I’d play Mario not GW2…..

Well, Guild Wars 2 has always had jumping elements from the get-go and has added a lot of jumping things during living story updates so I think it’s safe to say that jumping IS a thing in Guild Wars 2.

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Aguri.2896

Aguri.2896

You know what else get’s tiresome? Having nothing to do but fight and kill. MMOs are meant to have more than just kill kill kill everything gameplay. I am glad they tried something different and I hope each LS release has a unique gameplay element like this and at least a little jumping required for gameplay. This is the best Living Story stuff yet… feels like a real game rather than grindfest.

I’m only here because sometimes I just like to watch things burn.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Elden Arnaas.4870

Thank you for the good advice and kind encouragement. It is greatly appreciated.
I’m not saying they should take all jumping out of GW2. But I would like viable alternatives where jumping exists in the open world and Living story.(Except for jumping puzzles, jumping is the whole point of those and that’s fine with me. I just don’t want to be forced to jump, and jumping puzzles are optional.)

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Elden Arnaas.4870

Enjoyment and ease of jumping is highly subjective. Also some of us can’t jump, for physical reasons, or because of poor internet connections, or PC’s in the lower range of the spec.
Why can’t we have multiple way to progress. It’s not a new “Jumping Puzzle”(At least it’s not been advertized as such) It’s new “Living Story”, which is about fighting evil, not jumping around like Mario. Since when is platform jumping a part of high fantasy MMO’s?

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Honestly I think I will quite enjoy this, even though I don’t normally do the JP’s unless I can find a passing mesmer and get a lift (literally). My one and only problem with the area is that the skills don’t last long enough for me to make some of the jumps.

I am sure in time I will get the hang of them, but honestly I would have preferred the timer be longer for us older people without the reflexes we used to have.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: dkspins.4670

dkspins.4670

I’m in total agreement Baldrick, I absolutely despise jumping puzzles and fail at them miserably (I’m older as well, like in my 60’s) and most that I’ve finished I’ve had help from kind mesmers, despite playing 5.5k hrs. There are already 25 jumping puzzles in the game. But, I realize they cannot please everyone.

For myself, I feel no emotional investment towards the Biconics (aka Destiny’s Edge v 2.0) and even less towards the Zephyrites. There is nothing occurring storywise in the open world as in LS 1 that players under l. 80 are able to do as before. Last year, the kick-off was riveting and I really felt badly for the Charr and Norn who’d lost their homes – this year meh. I’ll keep d/l ing the patches, hope that one of my dd’s who plays the game or my son in laws can help me finish puzzles involved and/or wait for a Dulfy guide.

7k hr, 13k AP, 16 char, all classes 80 Sadly, 3.5k hr. Ranger

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Whyzo Serius.2379

Whyzo Serius.2379

Guys, seriously. I’m all for players of any level, but the whole “I’m not a young whippersnapper” and “Coordination of a 12 year old” stuff is just sad.

You press jump and a direction….

If you can’t jump just say so, don’t try and rationlise your unwillingness to learn how by saying your too old, it’s just you.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

I don’t really like the timed aspect of the jumping by using the aspects. Nor the fact that it’s tied to exploring the zone.

I don’t mind that its tied to exploring. I actually kinda like it.

I HATE the time limit. Having to rush makes it not fun to me.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Guys, seriously. I’m all for players of any level, but the whole “I’m not a young whippersnapper” and “Coordination of a 12 year old” stuff is just sad.

You press jump and a direction….

If you can’t jump just say so, don’t try and rationlise your unwillingness to learn how by saying your too old, it’s just you.

You know what I find particularly ironic in your post?

You will get old some day too. Time is the great equalizer; have fun with that.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Why can’t we have multiple way to progress. It’s not a new “Jumping Puzzle”….

Yes it is. All this waiting and hype for a new jumping puzzle…. ><

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Lachanche.6859

Lachanche.6859

I am all for different levels of challenge (i am one of those players who enjoyed trying a bazillion times to complete the nightemare tower when it first came out) but core contents such as living story updates shouldn’t be gated, everyone should be given a fair chance to enjoy a main feature of guild wars 2.

I think a good way to deal with this issue could be to introduce a jumping puzzle next to a ladder, if you climb the ladder you quickly get to dry top, if you complete the jumping puzzle you get an achievement to reward your efforts.

Any thoughts on this idea ?

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: minbariguy.7504

minbariguy.7504

NO ONE is saying that there shouldn’t be any jumping at all.

However…

Regardless of how easy or difficult you think they are, jumping puzzles should never be a mandatory activity that will lock you out of new content if not completed. It is just a bad idea to have content gated behind a jumping puzzle. This is highly disappointing.

(edited by Moderator)

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Elden Arnaas.4870

I think that an achievement for a more difficult path is more fair. The important thing(IMO) would be an alternative way for the “jump-challenged” to progress in Living Story Season 2 and open up the new map.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Evon Skyfyre.9673

Evon Skyfyre.9673

Anet, me personally, I love the addition of the Aspect skills. It’s letting my mesmer continue to help other players. For that, many thanks. To those not appreciating them, they are at the core of the Zepherites lives and lore. I finally get the LS, it is not a standard mmo mechanic, and that is good. The boring, run here kill kill kill, run there kil kill kill, is so old. Even Blizzard put there new mmo back to alpha, they realize their way of doing things is over. Newgames are breaking away, they are abandoning the notion of the trinity, and fixed position fighting and want you to immerse yourself, feel the danger, the frustration, and joy in each encounter. We have to think, and plan, or plot, to finish events. Turn based, shoot em up, sandbox themeparks are dead. And in my opinion, it’s about time. With the new LS story journal you can load and relive any and all living stories you wish to. If all that isn’t what you want, then it’s doubtful you’ll be happy with Guild Wars 2 now, or in the future. Perhaps it’s time to find a replacement. I guess I’m a convert, I no longer care about the loot etc.. I want to have fun and escape the real world for abit. If you get to a place you cannot get past, look for a mesmer, we’ll give you a lift

(edited by Evon Skyfyre.9673)

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Shivan.9438

Shivan.9438

Platform/Base jumping has been a game genre all by itself. It’s taken over a lot of games and I feel that it was implemented into GW2 in order to tickle the fancy of the players who like it. Not saying it’s a bad thing, but it’s not my idea of a good time nor is it of many others. It’s certainly an acquired taste. To force it into story progression without an alternative is kinda lame. I think that it should be used on a limited basis and not the only way to progress in the game.

Someone above me said something about waiting for a guide to come out and that’s truly sad. When your only choices in playing a game are do it and not have fun, or don’t do it it and miss out, it makes me wonder if the people who come up with these ideas are actually thinking about the opinions of those that might not agree with said idea or even care.

A real bummer, looks like I won’t be doing S2, I was kinda hoping for something better than a free ticket to kill Zhaitan in this new content.

(edited by Shivan.9438)

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Raenzjar.4210

Raenzjar.4210

Having scars + scar tissue on my hand/ fingers jumping is near impossible. Having met players with Rheumatism and some with muscular disease, I’d like to thank Anet for excluding a zone once again. Fractals can not to be done, and now this zone.

Yes, jumping can be fun indeed (no sarcasm there).

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: cdsmith.1072

cdsmith.1072

Yeah this update seems to pretty much be a big steaming pile of….. 3D Super Mario all the way to the magic coins.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Jumping can be trained….. I give you arthritis, tendinitis, carpal tunnel, I give you stroke, amputations, and plain old bad hand/eye coordination that cannot be ‘trained’.

throw arthritis, tendinitis and carpal tunnel out. my mom and dad have all three of those put together, my mom cant move her hand sometimes, and shes a better jumper than i am. my dad has terrible hand eye coordination and can do them without many trys usually 4-5. does he get frustrated? yes, does he hate them? yes, does he do them? yes, and he feels good when he finally finishes. stroke and amputations i can understand, the rest? No. do i have sympathy for the people that have them? totally. Hand eye coordination cant be trained? since when? i had terrible hand eye coordination when i was little and slowly got better. And before anybody gets on my kitten about how they have a bad computer, my mother play guild wars 2 at 3 fps if shes lucky and has gotten all the jumping puzzles done, as well as doing all the living story so far.

Aspects do need improving though. the lightning jump/pull lags half the time and throw players to the ground in the middle of a jump sometimes getting them killed or better over the targeted location sending them to the ground getting them killed. the sun sprint wont deactivate when triggered making players flash off that first bridge. the wind one as far as i can tell doesn’t have any problems.

Im loving the patch, but i can understand some dislike for it. a portal option would be nice so that after a few trys you can just port up to the next part of the puzzle, if you are so inclined.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

. This is the best Living Story stuff yet… feels like a real Mario clone jumping puzzle rather than grindfest.

There, fixed that for you. You can all the jumping you could possibly want in a game that has a 2+ age rating, no need for all the skills, combat or anything else.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

my mother play guild wars 2 at 3 fps if shes lucky and has gotten all the jumping puzzles done, as well as doing all the living story so far.

Aspects do need improving though. the lightning jump/pull lags half the time and throw players to the ground in the middle of a jump sometimes getting them killed or better over the targeted location sending them to the ground getting them killed. the sun sprint wont deactivate when triggered making players flash off that first bridge. the wind one as far as i can tell doesn’t have any problems.

Your parents AND you play GW2..loving the family time…. if it’s true >.>

But you go on to say that lag isn’t a problem…while contradicting yourself and saying that it is.
The lighting pull cutting out or over throwing is because of lag.
yep.
So anyone with low fps, is gonna have a hard time with the lighting pull. Which IS something to complain about, as it’s not an issue in other jumping puzzles.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Raenzjar.4210

Raenzjar.4210

I’ll repeat myself..

“Having scars + scar tissue on my hand/ fingers jumping is near impossible. Having met players with Rheumatism and some with muscular disease, I’d like to thank Anet for excluding a zone once again. Fractals can not to be done, and now this zone.

Yes, jumping can be fun indeed (no sarcasm there)."

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

dkspins.4670

Talk to me in 30 years when you’re over 60 and can’t coordinate the jumps. Whoever said that jumping was added (perhaps in another thread) to the LS last year was dead wrong. There is a timer now on the skills (there was NOT in the original Lab. Cliffs, only a usage skill fact, i.e. 10 times to use before you had to find another crystal).

I am a slow deliberate player doing jumping puzzles who has done just fine in EVERY dungeon, dodges well, etc. And I loved the original Lab. Cliffs last year during the Evon/Kiel campaign. This new direction is unacceptable in my eyes, feeble as they might be. <smile> I really was hoping for more open world events like last year where I actually felt any emotion towards the protagonists.

But please don’t say you can learn, for some of us that ship has sailed. Back to FF & SR

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Omar Aschi Popp.7496

Omar Aschi Popp.7496

I love jumping puzzles.

When I know I’m in one.
Because then I can stop if I get frustrated.

Also, seriously, kitten Zephyrites. Am I the only one utterly detached from EVERY character ever involved in LS since Last year? If Majory got kitten d by Ulgoth and torn to shreds by earth ele, you know what my FIRST thought would be?!

“… …Soooo, Ulgoth, are you still up for 21:30? Cause, you know… gotta kill you and kitten. But! But, if you need to like clean or something, like, you do that first”

Because kittening ULGOTH is a more memorable character for me.

And he’d be all like “Neiighhh!!! Sure thing Human scum!”

Also Dkspins, that’s crazy, you playing Guildwars made me smirk, it really is diverse in here I +1’d. Also totally agree.

List of people whose posts speak on my behalf:
Lunar Sunset.8742
Rogue.7856

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

my mother play guild wars 2 at 3 fps if shes lucky and has gotten all the jumping puzzles done, as well as doing all the living story so far.

Your parents AND you play GW2..loving the family time…. if it’s true >.>

But you go on to say that lag isn’t a problem…while contradicting yourself and saying that it is.
The lighting pull cutting out or over throwing is because of lag.
yep.
So anyone with low fps, is gonna have a hard time with the lighting pull. Which IS something to complain about, as it’s not an issue in other jumping puzzles.

It is true :P we play alot, you can find us if you really want to see for yourself xD my brother even plays sometimes.

Never said lag isnt a problem, i Know it is, i believe i even said that it was indeed a problem when it came to the aspects. she does have problems with the lag on skills, she does have problems playing the base game even when shes out by herself. she cant do certain areas of the game because of lag. PVP, WVW, any of the champ trains or dungeons are unable to be done because she cant react quick enough because of lag. so i get having alot of lag. i get mad watching her play on her crappy computer because she plays so much more than i do, but i dont make enough to by her a new one.

Yes it needs to be complained about, does it ruin the living world? it hasnt for her so far and she hates lagging out and falling to her death, but she is loving the new zone as she gets to revisit an area she spent a lot of time in, in gw1.

i guess im getting at, that with all the problems her hands and her computer give her she still got to the top of the new zone, and done what most of the people are complaining about with her issues.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

(edited by Dante.1763)

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

dkspins.4670

I love jumping puzzles.

When I know I’m in one.
Because then I can stop if I get frustrated.

Also, seriously, kitten Zephyrites. Am I the only one utterly detached from EVERY character ever involved in LS since Last year? If Majory got kitten d by Ulgoth and torn to shreds by earth ele, you know what my FIRST thought would be?!

“… …Soooo, Ulgoth, are you still up for 21:30? Cause, you know… gotta kill you and kitten. But! But, if you need to like clean or something, like, you do that first”

Because kittening ULGOTH is a more memorable character for me.

And he’d be all like “Niighhh!!! Sure thing Human scum!”

Also Dkspins, that’s crazy, you playing Guildwars made me smirk, it really is diverse in here I +1’d. Also totally agree.

Thanks Omar Aschi Popp! Tell me, is Ulgoth up for 21:30 – Love that guy! Gonna go check him out in a few! And no, you are not the only one detached from the Biconics & Zephyrites (but I do like Taimi – she may not look like much but she’s smarter than we think)

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

I figured that this would be a bit bigger…. cuz its a desert, ya know? Instead its a hole in the ground.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

Oh I love jumping. In fact, GuildWars 2 is one of very few games which makes great use of the jumping mechanic. I even wish we could jump and climb more, like on every single mountain on all maps.
Wait… this thread is against jumping? Oh… jumps away