dont know if it was posted again but i found this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17GtedDJmeI

I don’t get it…

Tempest & Warhorn confirmed – Feedback [merged]

in Elementalist

Posted by: chris.6583

chris.6583

i was checking the vid of woodenpotatoes about elite specs
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viZ2CN-Pn4w)
and at min 10:13 he says something about traits that allow you to change skills and add new effects, so…. if you see the first 12 skill at the image:
http://i.imgur.com/hMuuZRe.png
you can see some skills in the same attunement (sword skills supposedly), but there is 1 skill of dagger and 2 other “chain” skills, so i think tempest will allow you to change your main hand dagger skill # 1 to a very short melee range chain skill (melementalist)

also remember what devs said at Specializations AMA Livestream Notes (check dulfy page for more info: http://dulfy.net/2015/04/24/gw2-specializations-ama-livestream-notes/), “The windborn dagger and scepter one with endurance weren’t super exciting so we are going to give you something more exciting”

that means tempest will affect scepter and dagger skills to have new effects therefore the new weapon is going to be an off-hand that will complement those weapons, the point is that tempest will change or add new effects to all skills (or at least for dagger and scepter) so dont worry if the new weapon is a warhorn or a dual focus, probably you dont have to use it to benefit from tempest

in Elementalist

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

i was checking the vid of woodenpotatoes about elite specs
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viZ2CN-Pn4w)
and at min 10:13 he says something about traits that allow you to change skills and add new effects, so…. if you see the first 12 skill at the image:
http://i.imgur.com/hMuuZRe.png
you can see some skills in the same attunement (sword skills supposedly), but there is 1 skill of dagger and 2 other “chain” skills, so i think tempest will allow you to change your main hand dagger skill # 1 to a very short melee range chain skill (melementalist)

also remember what devs said at Specializations AMA Livestream Notes (check dulfy page for more info: http://dulfy.net/2015/04/24/gw2-specializations-ama-livestream-notes/), “The windborn dagger and scepter one with endurance weren’t super exciting so we are going to give you something more exciting”

that means tempest will affect scepter and dagger skills to have new effects therefore the new weapon is going to be an off-hand that will complement those weapons, the point is that tempest will change or add new effects to all skills (or at least for dagger and scepter) so dont worry if the new weapon is a warhorn or a dual focus, probably you dont have to use it to benefit from tempest

Except every spec will get a new weapon, not reworked current weapon, that was stated. Also, I think it’s most likely that the skills were just placeholders.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

I really want sword to play like a mobile assassin play style.

If ele gets warhorn I will cry.

(edited by Grimreaper.5370)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kotte.2460

Kotte.2460

lol dis qq. everyone so salty like mcdonalds fries

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gynok.1756

Gynok.1756

Yeah I agree that there’s so many comments about wanting burst and this mobile/evade style play. Theres already a class which has all that.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

Yeah I agree that there’s so many comments about wanting burst and this mobile/evade style play. Theres already a class which has all that.

Yeah but that class has to hide like a little bish :p

in Elementalist

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

Better to get Warhorn now than later. Although you still don’t know what skills and mechanics will come along with it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: chris.6583

chris.6583

Except every spec will get a new weapon, not reworked current weapon, that was stated. Also, I think it’s most likely that the skills were just placeholders.

Except necro is getting a new weapon and Death Shroud is reworked when you have reaper spec active, Death Shroud is not a weapons skill set, but the same rework could apply to some weapons :V

(edited by chris.6583)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dr Gonzo.6259

Dr Gonzo.6259

Well it looks like revenant just got duel swords so it seems even more likely that tempest will get OH warhorn. This does not mean its gonna be bad btw.

in Elementalist

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

Well it looks like revenant just got duel swords so it seems even more likely that tempest will get OH warhorn. This does not mean its gonna be bad btw.

rev got swords for core legend, not legendary spec.
so it might get shield for glint spec, making it the second shield elite spec.

I really hope we don’t get warhorn. not now…

- I rather have bolt than howler on my ele.
– I want a mobile/evading/flurry melee gameplay, not more aoe and/or support
– I want a true melee MH, we already have good offhand options.
– A high dmg melee weapon would have a role across all gameplay modes, a support OH weapon wouldn’t.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

BTW just wanted to add to this topic saying that Shiro was almost everything I was wishing ele got… on the utilities side they seem cool, but it wasn’t what I was thinking. But on the weapon skills side, yea that was pretty much the design I was dreaming of for a tempest….

At this point I actually shudder to think what we will get in our reveal as more and more warhorn feels like it will actually happen…. brace yourselves it’s going to hurt.

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Shiro looked really cool I planned to level a Repentant and for sure will now after seeing that. I’ve had Zap and a Gift of bolt in my bank since 2013(I hated map completion the first time). Looks like I’ll just make bolt anyway for Shire and my thief and hopefully the new Ele specialization. I wouldn’t be bummed if it is warhorn as long as it’s good and fun.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: Drayos.8759

Drayos.8759

NGL, but warhorn does seem alot more likely then the swords tbh, i feel like people saying this warhorn could be a placeholder or be there for a multitude of reasons which means it isnt 100% for the Tempest, but tbh, its only a argument cause some want to somehow reassure themselves the warhorn isnt happening.

I wouldnt be arguing against it, dont get your hopes up for it as it’ll only dissapoint you further due to it not being a sword, im not sure they’d give us a Melee Assassin styled playstyle to begin with and the datamined Sword Skills are apprantly just placeholders for Daggers.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Argol Vazin.3061

Argol Vazin.3061

im not sure they’d give us a Melee Assassin styled playstyle to begin with and the datamined Sword Skills are apprantly just placeholders for Daggers.

Do you people actually listen to yourselves when you say that? What daggers? We have daggers, They aren’t going to replace all our dagger skills. Think about it. Why would they have placeholder “dagger” skills in the first place. Especially elementalist themed ones. The coclusion. Because ele is either getting sword or those skills are part of conjure rework.
EDIT: another idea would be warrior getting an elemental themed elite spec which is very unlikely

(edited by Argol Vazin.3061)

in Elementalist

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

Do you people actually listen to yourselves when you say that? What daggers? We have daggers, They aren’t going to replace all our dagger skills. Think about it. Why would they have placeholder “dagger” skills in the first place. Especially elementalist themed ones. The coclusion. Because ele is either getting sword or those skills are part of conjure rework.
EDIT: another idea would be warrior getting an elemental themed elite spec which is very unlikely

Mate, this looks like a last breath of hope but we’re getting a warhorn, I’m pretty sure of that and we could bet on it.

(edited by rotten.9753)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

Singularity, which is most likely going to be the ‘profession mechanic change’ that comes along with the elite spec, at least it looks cool on paper. When you stay in an attunement for a few seconds, you press your attunement botton again and your ele performs a PBAoE pulsing skill for a few seconds. With that (180) range, when can speculate Warhorn skills could be melee range as well, with some whirl attacks and other persistent fields to combo with them, possibly.

Attachments:

in Elementalist

Posted by: OneKlicKill.4285

OneKlicKill.4285

“Combo Finisher Whirl” never seen a war-horn do that

Please skill/trait split and give control to the PvP team. Karl is fucking killing us

in Elementalist

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

That’s not the warhorn skill. It’s the (supposed) Tempest class/specialization ability bonus. It allows you to use your atonement as a unique skill when you spend an extended time in an attunement. Has nothing to do with Warhorn.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Elementalist

Posted by: OneKlicKill.4285

OneKlicKill.4285

That’s not the warhorn skill. It’s the (supposed) Tempest class/specialization ability bonus. It allows you to use your atonement as a unique skill when you spend an extended time in an attunement. Has nothing to do with Warhorn.

It’s okay, I thought about it and spinning around with 180 range with a staff like a helicopter sounds awesome.

On topic: Why the hell would I want to be at 180 range with a scepter/staff/warhorn/focus? Hell I try to be out of that range with dagger, its abilities are (Nearly) all 300-600 anyway. The only reason you would want/be at that range is if your abilities are primarily that range aka sword.

So if were going to fight logic about an argument of speculation, why would they create a class specialization for an offhand support weapon that promotes staying in one attun (which you would only do if you were utilizing the auto attack)?

Although then again, a-net has a track record for not really understanding our class so its probably war-horn

Please skill/trait split and give control to the PvP team. Karl is fucking killing us

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

The warhorn can be good and changed in how it functions. People assume that thieves are getting staffs which wouldn’t be bad if they used them in a martial arts type of manner. I think revenant uses a staff mêlée too.

I would prefer a sword for it to be a true mêlée which means no more 200-300 range stuff but a lot of 180 range and it would definitely be a change of pace, but if it is warhorn I would just judge it based on effectiveness and fun.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

Had not seen that singularity thing, but I don’t know if it is such a good idea.

First of all, if the new weapon is a warhorn, why the hell would we want to sit in one attunement? Dagger and scepter are not exactly weapons for a single attunement…. maybe scepter if you run some of the uncommon bleed condi build, but still…

Second, even if it is a main hand, attune swapping is kinda our thing and if we don’t do it we handicap ourselves. Why would we kitten us by staying so long in an element for a minor boon that we can just as well by attune swapping?

Now if this was a growing storm as we stayed on a fight (aka like adrenaline), yeah choosing when it would be appropriate to trigger it based on the element we are on would be good, but this, this is just the beginning of a horrible train wreck.

in Elementalist

rotten.9753

Seems like tempest is full of contradictions. Only mainhand weapon that makes sense is dagger but it’s hardly a decent weapon to stay in one attunement (maybe except air in pve).

in Elementalist

Laraley.7695

Seems like tempest is full of contradictions. Only mainhand weapon that makes sense is dagger but it’s hardly a decent weapon to stay in one attunement (maybe except air in pve).

Yeah well, no weapon is good enough to justify staying in one attunements. That’s why we have 4 of them, I don’t know what they’re trying to implement.

in Elementalist

rotten.9753

Yeah well, no weapon is good enough to justify staying in one attunements. That’s why we have 4 of them, I don’t know what they’re trying to implement.

Currently, staff in pve incentives staying in fire attunement. But that’s a two-hander.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

In order to justify camping an attunement, the singularity skill or whatever needs to be pretty powerful…and hopefully ground-targeted so it isn’t useless at mid/long range.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mahuyo.3079

Mahuyo.3079

Hmmm, this singularity thing seems interesting, wonder what the effects are.

in Elementalist

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

Worst thing about warhorn is it means WVWers will continue to be stuck with staff, as sceptre is kitten in large scale, and there’s too much GT AOE floating around for dagger in T1.

downed state is bad for PVP

(edited by scerevisiae.1972)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Worst thing about warhorn is it means WVWers will continue to be stuck with staff, as sceptre is kitten in large scale, and there’s too much GT AOE floating around for dagger in T1.

That’s why I’m hoping that the new ele weapon is also 1200 range. Anything else and we won’t use it for anything else than roaming.

in Elementalist

Laraley.7695

That’s why I’m hoping that the new ele weapon is also 1200 range. Anything else and we won’t use it for anything else than roaming.

The problem is that ele misses a true melee weapon, so I think it makes more sense if we get a melee weapon over another 1200 range. I don’t think that not getting a 1200 weapon must mean that you can’t use it for anything else than roaming. If the new weapon would be really good and opened a new playstyle it could completely change the meta.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

Normally I’d be happy that I was right, but at the moment, I’m just very apprehensive.

Hold onto your butts, folks!

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

in Elementalist

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

Well folks it has been fun, but I am out. I am off to necromancer land. (the warhorn was just the tie breaker, I have an irrational hatred for the dagger and scepter isn’t ever going to be fixed).

in Elementalist

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

I doubt it is going to be bad. They get 8 new weapon skills by default, and there are some pretty interesting things that can be done with a warhorn concept.

Other good news though, this will likely mean that 2 more elite spec reveals will be released next week and the following, so there’s that

Well folks it has been fun, but I am out. I am off to necromancer land. (the warhorn was just the tie breaker, I have an irrational hatred for the dagger and scepter isn’t ever going to be fixed).

Way to quit before you even know anything about it. Stick around a while and hear them out. Cast your judgment to your heart’s content after the full reveal.

in Elementalist

Posted by: AimEd.3519

AimEd.3519

Lots of kitten in this thread, I for one am excited.

in Elementalist

PlatinumMember.5274

I know right, how dare people hate what you like.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Welp, looks like we’re getting the warhorn after all. I was rooting for the sword personally.

Attachments:

in Elementalist

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

Welp, time to wait for Friday’s specialization preview!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shadowphazon.7529

Shadowphazon.7529

Thoroughly disappointing.
I was hoping for either a true melee weapon or a ranged mainhand that isn’t terrible like the scepter. I’m sure 8 variations of blowing a horn will be just as exciting!
(No.)

in Elementalist

Posted by: AimEd.3519

AimEd.3519

Come on man, you’re all hating on something we literally have 0 information on. Stop being so kittening childish.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Emtiarbi.3281

Emtiarbi.3281

It seems like elementalists got Warhorn

Anredhal Amethyst – Lain Amethyst – Orss Jerre

in Elementalist

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

I’m quite intrigued by it. Might get me to hop on my elementalist more often.

in Elementalist

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

So we will get a conjurer? We’ll see….

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

in Elementalist

PlatinumMember.5274

I doubt it is going to be bad. They get 8 new weapon skills by default, and there are some pretty interesting things that can be done with a warhorn concept.

Other good news though, this will likely mean that 2 more elite spec reveals will be released next week and the following, so there’s that

Way to quit before you even know anything about it. Stick around a while and hear them out. Cast your judgment to your heart’s content after the full reveal.

Sorry for not being clear, I was talking strictly PvP. I will still clown around in PvE with the ele, but PvP not so much, the viability of the class depends on playing in a specific weapon set which happens to be a set that I truly dislike. I don’t see the scepter being fixed now the issues I have with the class in PvP ever being fixed.

Come on man, you’re all hating on something we literally have 0 information on. Stop being so kittening childish.

Dude relax it is just a game. Me deciding to not playing a class doesn’t make me childish, it just means I have a difference interest than you and that is fine. Life goes on.

in Elementalist

Posted by: sebradle.7034

sebradle.7034

warhorn confirmed for ele has hate for dagger… leaves for necro what

in Elementalist

Posted by: lulu bell.1730

lulu bell.1730

I fail to see how they can do anything creative with a warhorn that isn’t just ‘create various elemental storms’ and ‘buff nearby allies’ we have plenty of skills like that already.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

It’s warhorn therefore it will use warhorn skins and the blowing animation. Therefore, I dislike it.

We do know SOME of what’s coming.

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

in Elementalist

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I was also hoping for sword, but warhorn goes better with the Tempest name than sword does. Oh well, hopefully it’ll be a neat specialization.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ashamir.9574

Ashamir.9574

Why was it so hard to implement that sword everyone was hyped for at one time?
Seriously, we have two good Offhands. They could have at least given us a main hand. I mean Necro gets GS, Engi hammer, Guard LB, the Chronomancer skills are awesome… and we get warhorn.