Tempest & Warhorn confirmed – Feedback [merged]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

Feels bad man….

I bought the ultimate…. ugh…. feeling major regret since I saw the teaser pic.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

i’m just curious what it will bring to the equation that isn’t covered by other off hand weapons. with reaper, it was obvious, with dragonhunter, also obvious, chronomancer…yeah i don’t know. ele’s sort of have a weapon for everything at this point already.

No good ranged single target weapon.

i assume you believe that scepter does not fill that void? yes i know its shortcomings, and that it’s heaviest damaging abilities are very avoidable, but at base level it is ranged and it is single target.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

Heart Attunement or bust

This!!!!!

No heart is fail.

Nope, the class mechanic is likely going to be singularity…. Promoting attunement camping…

Attachments:

in Elementalist

Posted by: zaneber.6908

zaneber.6908

I’m not going to trust anything until we get the mechanics of how the Tempest will work.
I am disappointed because endgame is about skins and how you look, warhorns are small and most of them just look blah! I’d be happier if we were getting swords because there are so many great skins for them.

Some people maybe happy with WH or disappointed, but it will really come down to the skills. But still I like to constantly make my character look as awesome as possible and WH just isn’t going to cut it!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: OneKlicKill.4285

OneKlicKill.4285

Honestly the ONLY way they can bring this back is to either say
A. “Just kidding”
B. “LOOK A SWORD BEHIND THE BACK”
C. Just be honest and admit to not understanding the ele class in the slightest and apologize to the community. Start communicating and posting on the forms asking for our opinion. Work with the top members of the ele community and work to fix our class with people who understand it.

Please skill/trait split and give control to the PvP team. Karl is fucking killing us

in Elementalist

Posted by: SoulstitchMMO.1396

SoulstitchMMO.1396

Apparently I’m the only one excited to the a warhorn storm generator

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arobain.8274

Arobain.8274

soulstitch, these guys are elitist, theres nothing we can do for em

in Elementalist

Posted by: zaneber.6908

zaneber.6908

I’m not going to complain about WH until I see the mechanics of how it will work.
I’m not happy since GW2 focuses on skin collecting and WH skins for the most part are meh!

I was one of the Eles hoping for sword, not just because of the great skins, but I really wanted more of a melee ele. I already imagined sword skills changing based on attunement. Maybe even the sword appearance changing for each, similar to the rings around our wrists. I will wait patiently though to see what WH is capable of

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Another class that can use my Howler. I’m happy.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in Elementalist

Posted by: Samarak.7519

Samarak.7519

It would be cool if the warhorn somehow changed your mainhand weapon graphic somehow.

Loving the game, thanks Anet.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Eleazyair.5716

Eleazyair.5716

This actually makes me excited about making an ele. Sword would have been boring, warhorn is much cooler!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fade.1743

Fade.1743

There’s nothing “elitist” about being disappointed in a choice made by the developers. Especially one that now puts one profession at a disadvantage to the rest. Only one autoattack out of 9 actually can cleave. We have no access to a weapon based autoattack chain (which, yes can add some skill to the game to learn how far into the AA you go before overriding it with other skills).

I’m disappointed in the choice for Warhorn. My only hope is that they announce that dagger is getting a real AA chain in all of its attunements. The problem with Warhorn for me…is that even IF it can compete with Focus and Offhand dagger…it has to be used with either Dagger or Scepter.

In PvE, that means that Fire and Air will be MANDATORY specializations (unless the AAs are changed) because Fire is…well…it’s just too good to pass up for any DPS and Support based Ele, and Air is needed for Fresh Air to get back to spamming lightning whip. Now, say the auto attacks on Dagger are changed and they are cleave and are roughly equal, then Fresh Air might not be as mandatory and Arcane could possibly see some use.

But would I not buy the xpac or quit the game over this? No. I’d just either work harder on getting an Ascended set for my Revenant or just wait until the Engineer Specialization comes out and hope that I can run a kitless build with it.

Magichemist Zeke – Asura Elementalist [TC]
An Insane(ly Intelligent) Genius!
“Did you just tell me the rules? Never tell me the rules!”

in Elementalist

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

This actually makes me excited about making an ele. Sword would have been boring, warhorn is much cooler!

I really don’t get people like you. What’s so cool about warhorn? The same animations for most of the skills? The very similar skills warhorn has across the classes? The fact it’s usually some kind of buff/support weapon? Or the idea ele could summon storms, which is already does with 7 skills btw?

Ele has no true melee, dagger is short range PBAoE, scepter is midrange and trash. There’s seriously so little option in the mainhands and we got enough offhands that are great already. What sense does it make to give eles offhand?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

No, you aren’t missing out.

Elementalist has access to four weapon sets via Attunements and a full rack of Utilities.

Revenant had access to one weapon set and two Utility sets they couldn’t (and still can’t) change the utilities in each set.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

Laraley.7695

Yeah, so great if only ele couldn’t summon storms with 7 skills already. Next please.

I’m quite mad at myself for buying the xpack. I thought ANet would listen to the ele community, but I should have known better.

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

From a pvp perspective, it really doesn’t matter if warhorn is good or not (putting my money on not).

What is more important is:

1. Are the utility skills good alternatives to cantrips, cantrips, cantrips. Similarly, is the heal a viable alternative to SoR.
2. Is the traitline better than fire/air/earth in potential tempest/water/arcana builds (Anet still hasn’t figured out how to balance the class in a way that doesn’t leave water/arcana as necessary for every build without make the class worthless).

However, my guess is that warhorns are going to be condi-based, so pretty trashy overall. Anet just can’t understand that being limited to burns in only fire and bleeds only in earth is killer. I just hope the trait-line isn’t condi based.

in Elementalist

BlackBeard.2873

Yeah, so great if only ele couldn’t summon storms with 7 skills already. Next please.

I’m quite mad at myself for buying the xpack. I thought ANet would listen to the ele community, but I should have known better.

Hahaha, did you REALLY think ANet has a CLUE about the ele community? You have to know better than that. Regardless, it is good that your hope is dying, as now you can be more real with your expectations.

As a general rule, I expect complete ineptitude, and am pleasantly surprised when they do something competent.

in Elementalist

OneKlicKill.4285

I mean I can call you a fanboy, obvious by your post history, but me being an elitist(by the way you should look up that word since you use it so much, it doesn’t mean what you think it means) doesn’t have anything to do with this.

The vast majority of the class and nearly ALL of the competitive players who know the ins and outs of this class and what it actually needs, agree that we need a melee weapon with true melee range and auto attack range. They agree that scepter is situational at best and needs some serious rework. They agree that OH dagger and focus are two extremely good offhands covering the majority of our OH needs, they agree we have a lot of team support and need a weapon that can bring self defense and utility in offense such as blinds, blocks, evades, teleports, disables; so we have ways to get away from cele amulet, sustain arc/water, and cantrips.

Warhorn can not bring us this, it will bring us either more AOE support or condi, none of which we need. And the only way tempest will work now is if it modifies all of our current weapons similar to reaper and shroud. Especially if it promotes attun camping, we have all of 2 auto attacks in this game that are actually decent out of 12, fire staff and air dagger. Sword was our chance to leave the cele/soldier history of our class behind and become a true damage dealer not having to use boons and tough/vit amulets as a crutch.

Please skill/trait split and give control to the PvP team. Karl is fucking killing us

in Elementalist

Laraley.7695

Hahaha, did you REALLY think ANet has a CLUE about the ele community? You have to know better than that. Regardless, it is good that your hope is dying, as now you can be more real with your expectations.

As a general rule, I expect complete ineptitude, and am pleasantly surprised when they do something competent.

Well, in my defense they were listening about other stuff regarding the rev, EA before…so I thought they might actually visit the ele forums for once. I guess that’s a good strategy, but they’re losing customers by not caring about their opinion at all.

in Elementalist

BlackBeard.2873

Ele doesn’t need a weapon-swap, it just needs changes in weapon skills to better fulfill their true purpose.

Daggers are in a pretty good place, with perhaps a slight nerf to MH dagger warranted. Focus fire could use a little improvement. Scepter needs a good deal of work as outlined in other threads. Staff could use a slight shave in AoE power, a fix to air to make it better for single-targets, and a fix to earth 5 to actually hit targets.

They also could actually spend the time to make conjures something that aren’t 100% worthless to fulfill their intended purpose of increasing versatility in place of a weapon-swap.

Of course, that is assuming that the people developing for eles have a clue, when we all know they either rely on a dartboard or like running around in circles like a chicken with the head cut off.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

yea man dagger eles have been in a bad spot for so long

in Elementalist

Posted by: Humenkind.9587

Humenkind.9587

You do all remember that Mesmer got shield, right? The other class with only two main hands and even more off-hands? And look how well that turned out. Anet have proven already that elite specs do not revolve around the weapon they give. It might not give us a new attunement, but there will very likely be new class mechanics to compensate.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

its nothing like a “punch in the face”

how can people get this hurt over something they never had or had any information over

Its precisely because we have such a small amount of info that we can feel so justifiably hurt. Its classic hype-generation, they want us to feel strongly about their product(one way or the other doesn’t matter).

The only nice thing about this for me is that I already had the fractal and tempest horn skins and already ascended versions for my warrior/necro. It will have to provide something really novel for me to bother with the expansion at all though. If not, all bets are on warrior.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Emtiarbi.3281

Emtiarbi.3281

At least wait for more information guys

Anredhal Amethyst – Lain Amethyst – Orss Jerre

in Elementalist

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

I mean I can call you a fanboy, obvious by your post history, but me being an elitist(by the way you should look up that word since you use it so much, it doesn’t mean what you think it means) doesn’t have anything to do with this.

The vast majority of the class and nearly ALL of the competitive players who know the ins and outs of this class and what it actually needs, agree that we need a melee weapon with true melee range and auto attack range. They agree that scepter is situational at best and needs some serious rework. They agree that OH dagger and focus are two extremely good offhands covering the majority of our OH needs, they agree we have a lot of team support and need a weapon that can bring self defense and utility in offense such as blinds, blocks, evades, teleports, disables; so we have ways to get away from cele amulet, sustain arc/water, and cantrips.

Warhorn can not bring us this, it will bring us either more AOE support or condi, none of which we need. And the only way tempest will work now is if it modifies all of our current weapons similar to reaper and shroud. Especially if it promotes attun camping, we have all of 2 auto attacks in this game that are actually decent out of 12, fire staff and air dagger. Sword was our chance to leave the cele/soldier history of our class behind and become a true damage dealer not having to use boons and tough/vit amulets as a crutch.

This is so true it hurts.

We needed a decent main hand weapon, not another off hand.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

Also, if the datamines are to be believed, the new “singularity” feature will involve camping attunements…which will exacerbate the problem of us having craptastic auto-attacks on our weapons, with the sole exceptions being Fireball and Lightning Whip. If the Tempest trait line focuses on singularity/warhorn usage, I don’t see how it won’t be hampered by our limited choice in main hands.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Ele’s are getting a warhorse? they gonna be so op in pvp.

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: yhvh.8703

yhvh.8703

It’s actually funny seeing people reacting to this weapon with “I quit the game!” without even knowing what the hell the elite spec does and how it does. I’m actually very hyped because anet can pull out an amazing spec based on the most bland weapon. Of course I might be wrong, yeah, but why don’t we wait until the end of the week so we can ACTUALLY SEE what is coming for Elementalists?

If I remember correctly mesmer players were just like this with the incoming shield “Wth, sheild no mh pistol!?”, yet after the reveal apparently the Chronomancer is one of the most hyped elite specs.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kyban.4031

Kyban.4031

You have to equip the elite spec to use it’s weapon, right? So that means even if we get sword later we can’t use warhorn with it… That’s a little disappointing, I hope they change it so you can use the new weapons without equipping the elite spec, more variety is always nice.

in Elementalist

yhvh.8703

Where is written that the elementalist warhorn MUST behave like an already existing warhorn being a support offhand, etc?

I mean, I simply don’t understand why people are reacting like this without even knowing the proper facts, only based on a preview watercolor painting that says nothing else, lol?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Batelle.1680

Batelle.1680

I don’t know if it’s funny or sad that people are actually mad that warhorns aren’t “sexy” (?) and apparently think it goes “toot”? I’ve yet to see a focus skin that makes me weak in the knees, but it doesn’t make me discount it as a weapon or disdain its existence. Also, I’ve played more hours on warhorn-toting toons than any other in GW2, and I’m about 100% positive that I have never heard a single one of them toot.

in Elementalist

Posted by: meeflak.9714

meeflak.9714

I don’t know if it’s funny or sad that people are actually mad that warhorns aren’t “sexy” (?) and apparently think it goes “toot”? I’ve yet to see a focus skin that makes me weak in the knees, but it doesn’t make me discount it as a weapon or disdain its existence. Also, I’ve played more hours on warhorn-toting toons than any other in GW2, and I’m about 100% positive that I have never heard a single one of them toot.

Agreed to all of this.

All professions lvl 80. x2 elementalist
main Druid ~~Adalyn Del Rayna~~ [SIGH]
[Ehmry Bay]

in Elementalist

yhvh.8703

Just wait a few days… we got all those datamined “sword” skills for nothing. This picture might be a scrapped concept..

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shinji.2063

Shinji.2063

I am so salty right now, kept hoping that this would pass. This is such a big disappointments for me.

in Elementalist

yhvh.8703

Ele was built having no swap, so giving them a weapon swap would mean that the profession would have to be rebuilt and rebalanced completely..

I doubt that’s the case.

Like above poster said, they could really buff conjure trait so it’s actually worthy and that would behave like a second weapon. One ideas to make that viable is to give the elementalist (not someone else who picks it) infinite charges and make it only time-based. Heck, they even can introduce a new elite called Arcana Swords for the warhorn whiners.

in Elementalist

OneKlicKill.4285

It’s actually funny seeing people reacting to this weapon with “I quit the game!” without even knowing what the hell the elite spec does and how it does. I’m actually very hyped because anet can pull out an amazing spec based on the most bland weapon. Of course I might be wrong, yeah, but why don’t we wait until the end of the week so we can ACTUALLY SEE what is coming for Elementalists?

If I remember correctly mesmer players were just like this with the incoming shield “Wth, sheild no mh pistol!?”, yet after the reveal apparently the Chronomancer is one of the most hyped elite specs.

Look at A-Nets track record with ele. Tempest trait line has to be OP to beat water/arcane and if not it’ll just be competing with fire, or be kinda fun but not as good like air. The utilites have to be better than cantrips which, lets be honest, wont happen. It has to bring defensive offense that would allow us to leave celestial a which it just cant do without auto attack chains and an offensive utility type weapon like sword.

Unless tempest reworks auto attacks for other weps and brings borderline OP utility traits its just going to be a competitor to fire in our one optional trait line selection.

Most players, let alone eles, have no faith in A-net they prove time and time again they just don’t get it. If you still have hope then good for you, but I’m sorry the glass is just empty, not half full.

in Elementalist

yhvh.8703

Look at A-Nets track record with ele. Tempest trait line has to be OP to beat water/arcane and if not it’ll just be competing with fire, or be kinda fun but not as good like air. The utilites have to be better than cantrips which, lets be honest, wont happen. It has to bring defensive offense that would allow us to leave celestial a which it just cant do without auto attack chains and an offensive utility type weapon like sword.

Unless tempest reworks auto attacks for other weps and brings borderline OP utility traits its just going to be a competitor to fire in our one optional trait line selection.

Most players, let alone eles, have no faith in A-net they prove time and time again they just don’t get it. If you still have hope then good for you, but I’m sorry the glass is just empty, not half full.

I’m sorry for your lack of faith, don’t take my words badly, but I don’t think anyone has the right to judge what they are yet to know. Yeah, a-net might have faulted players on a lot of occasions, but that ultimately does not mean that they can’t get something right, even with a lot of evidence pointing the opposite.

After all it’s just a couple of days before all the information comes out. Overall chaos can wait a few, no?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Well, this IS disappointing.

Oh well. At least I have the Red Lion Warhorn skin already, so my charr elementalist is set. Still, warhorn is so far down the list of weapons I wanted to see, it’s almost at the bottom.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

I mean simply put, they had an opportunity. The hype for Elementalist Sword was really high and instead they let down a huge number of people. I’m sure there’s some people out there who wouldn’t like the sword too but those are a fraction compared to the number of people let down by the lack of it. Elementalists get amazing offhands as is so adding another is either going to be wildly OP and overshadow the existing great options or simply be inferior and never get used.

When you look at things from a calm and rational perspective you begin to realize that ideas like a partial weapon (offhand only) and camping a single attunement when the rest of the character and weapons are built around rapid swapping it just doesn’t make sense.

The saving grace is the Elementalist is in such a good place it doesn’t matter if the Tempest is bad cause the base class is just that good.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

i’m just curious what it will bring to the equation that isn’t covered by other off hand weapons. with reaper, it was obvious, with dragonhunter, also obvious, chronomancer…yeah i don’t know. ele’s sort of have a weapon for everything at this point already.

i assume you believe that scepter does not fill that void? yes i know its shortcomings, and that it’s heaviest damaging abilities are very avoidable, but at base level it is ranged and it is single target.

I said good, scepter is lousy ATM

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

I personally think warhorn would be good, mainly because at the moment it is really hard to get a warhorn kill for the weapon master set of achievements, just like it’s hard to get a focus kill or a torch kill. I’m hoping the ele warhorn will be an offensive weapon instead of the support type weapon that warhorns are usually used for.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fade.1743

Fade.1743

Where is written that the elementalist warhorn MUST behave like an already existing warhorn being a support offhand, etc?

I mean, I simply don’t understand why people are reacting like this without even knowing the proper facts, only based on a preview watercolor painting that says nothing else, lol?

Because, we know the profession. We know where its strengths and weaknesses lie.

So, let’s take the two popular 2 weapon builds: Scepter/Focus and Dagger/Focus. Scepter, while it is a big pile of crap, does provide 2 blast finishers. Because we are ele’s and in PvE we will always take the fury coming from our fire fields…we need access to a fire field on Warhorn in order for it to be considered an alternative using the Scepter.

For the dagger, Focus brings two blast finishers…which means warhorn in order to be considered an alternative must have a minimum of two blast finishers.

Alternatively, it could provide the equivalent amount of might and fury…which would mean that warhorn functions like it does for other professions.

BUT WAIT, there’s more! Focus also provides: Unblockable chill (Water 4), a huge projectile destruction sphere (air 4), projectile reflection (earth 4), condition cleanse (earth 4), and an invulnerability skill (earth 5).

So because we have to choose between Warhorn and Focus, warhorn MUST bring something that is more useful than all the above in PvE. (I don’t do PvP, but i presume the list is just as long).

Now, you might ask: “Why does it have to compete?” Simple answer…because otherwise it won’t be used. If Focus can provide more to a fight than a Warhorn, why bring the Warhorn? It becomes a non-choice. And the answer isn’t to nerf focus. Focus is great. It’s our second best weapon. We just want something to pair with it so Staff in PvE has some competition. And even then, there’s a good chance that Staff might not be the best DPS in the upcoming xpac. Staff is ONLY good when the boss stands still…so new AI could make staff just a viable choice. And now…Ele’s are rightfully kittened.

Magichemist Zeke – Asura Elementalist [TC]
An Insane(ly Intelligent) Genius!
“Did you just tell me the rules? Never tell me the rules!”

in Elementalist

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

Eles did not need a sword. Maybe an axe. But warhorn will do just nicely.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

If it’s got good ranged damage, it’ll probably be very heavily gated by huge cooldowns.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Elementalist

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

The OP’s maturity level is so impressive.

/endthread

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Elementalist

Posted by: meeflak.9714

meeflak.9714

If it’s got good ranged damage, it’ll probably be very heavily gated by huge cooldowns.

Huge CD s across 8 skills still sounds pretty reasonable. As long as it doesn’t get out of control

All professions lvl 80. x2 elementalist
main Druid ~~Adalyn Del Rayna~~ [SIGH]
[Ehmry Bay]

in Elementalist

OneKlicKill.4285

The OP’s maturity level is so impressive.

/endthread

Just read your comment, think about it, and let it set in.

in Elementalist

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

warhorn offhand, camping attunement mechanic…
Seems they want to make conjures viable…
LH tempest might be a thing…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mahuyo.3079

Mahuyo.3079

I’m not going to trust anything until we get the mechanics of how the Tempest will work.
I am disappointed because endgame is about skins and how you look, warhorns are small and most of them just look blah! I’d be happier if we were getting swords because there are so many great skins for them.

Some people maybe happy with WH or disappointed, but it will really come down to the skills. But still I like to constantly make my character look as awesome as possible and WH just isn’t going to cut it!!

I’m not going to comment saying warhorn is good, but i’ve look though warhorn skins and I like a few. My only problem is the l-skills we are going to get, and that is what I don’t like about warhorn.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Well, in my defense they were listening about other stuff regarding the rev, EA before…so I thought they might actually visit the ele forums for once. I guess that’s a good strategy, but they’re losing customers by not caring about their opinion at all.

“Hey Anet I want my ele to be a supersayan and have a melee staff that grows on my command to cleave people!!1!1!!1!!” Not getting it? “Anet does not listen to us!!11!1!!”
Cmon, i use ele to, lets see before how turns out, then judge. You know, like reasonable people, not kids.
If it turns out bad than you have all the rights to complain.

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?