NEW Elementalist bugs and glitches thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Klutzy Charlatan.4820

Klutzy Charlatan.4820

New stuff!

Forked Lightning
Lately this skill (Trident auto-attack with air) will often get into a state where it will shoot above the head of my target and continually miss while the target keeps hitting me until I move around to a spot which lets me hit them (usually above them).

This is especially noticeable when attacking Barracuda, since they are smaller targets. On my Asura, the lightning projectiles all seem to be transposed too high, emanating from over my character’s head and going straight out over the target’s head.

Ride the lightining/Lightning Flash:
If you use Lightning Flash during Ride the lightining animation, the teleport will fail and Lightning Flash will go on cooldown.

I dont know how this is even possible. When I use RtL my heal, utilities and elite are all flipped to the locked state and unusable.

Zephyr’s Focus – Air Major trait II
Gives 10s of endurance regen buff when using channeled skills but disappears as soon as channel is done.
Tested on most of skills so far:
Here are 2 bugs I found out:
- Dagger main hand: Cone of Cold: regen buff does not disappear, lasting full 10s (or either all other channeled skills should get full 10s buff?)
- Staff: Lightning Surge: seems like this skill is not counted as channeled therefore it doesn’t trigger the trait

Never used this before, but I see the issue. Seems most likely that Zephyr’s Focus doesn’t end properly when done channeling Cone of Cold. Lightning Surge is a 1½s cast skill, not a channel. The trait doesn’t work at all with conjured weapon skills, such as Frost Bow’s Frost Volley or Ice Storm. Experimenting with this, I never really realized before how few channeled skills Elementalists have.

Although the scepter skill, Stone Shards functions as a channeled skill, it does not benefit from either Zephyr’s Focus (First tier, Air magic trait line) or Obsidian Focus (First tier, Earth Magic trait line).
All other skills that function in a similar manner increase the armor/toughness attribute displayed in the hero panel (Obsidian Focus), and apply a buff that increases endurance regeneration (Zephyr’s Focus) for the duration of the channel, when traited respectively.

I was initially going to disagree with you on this and say its a cast time skill, not a channel, but you’re right. Stone shards does behave more like the channeled Arc Lightning than the cast Ice Shards.

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

— I suspect these, and other traits and armor rune effects like it (Superior Rune of Earth, 6pc bonus) that trigger on % of hp are triggering on base hp of 10,805 instead of whatever your real maximum hp is. The images provided show Earth’s Embrace triggered at 5,200 (current hp 5,370 having just received 170hp from a tick of regeneration – too bad combat log wasn’t shown, so we can see how much that moa hit for) which is pretty close.

even if it was based on base HP
final shielding should at least pop at 2500 HP
It triggered under 1495 (see image before and after) that was 11% of my life at that time….

Its either a huge ninja nerf or a different bug…didn t test it since there btw >.> i was also learning daggers for that reason i was using the 2 shield traits….

Didn’t test since then.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Klutzy Charlatan.4820

Klutzy Charlatan.4820

Oh ya, definitely! I guess I did post my observation on that and then didnt provide my opinion of it. I, too, believe it should be based on Current max hp, not the base. That Final Shielding trait may be triggered differently, I didn’t look at those pics too closely, sorry. But the ones for Earth’s Embrace were pretty close.

I guess I could go try each of those talents out with some cheap high Vitality gear on, and try them again with no gear on to see what kind of a difference it makes on triggers. I’ll try it a couple times with something relatively light hitting beating me up, so the increments are small, and we can get a good number. I think there’s some places in Frostgorge with 77-78 mobs where there’s no scaling down from 80.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rainshine.5493

Rainshine.5493

Sorry to be the second elementalist bugs thread moderator to flake out on your guys, but I’m not going to be hopping on Anet’s brand new gear progression train. I took this thread on because never in a million years did I believe Anet would do something like this. Waited on this game for five years after playing the original for years as well.

Good luck getting these bugs fixed for those of you who are sticking it out, and cheers to whoever takes up the bug thread mantle next.

Ruse Torrent (elementalist) on JQ
trixnotes tumblr: quick hits of lore | personal tumblr (some other GW2 stuff)

in Elementalist

Posted by: ShadowbaneX.6273

ShadowbaneX.6273

I noticed something last night. I recently respec’ed my ele and picked up Evasive Arcana since it seems to be so potent…but one thing I realized was that the damage was lacking and I mean really lacking. When I used it for Flame Blast it did 50 damage…some times 49. My gear needs to be redone and I’ve just hit 80 so I’m running around with level 65 rare gear, but that seems very low.

What’s more, I run D/D, so Churning Earth when used with the dagger would hit for 1200 damage (non-crit), but when I got the Evasive Arcana version it only did 200 damage.

Is the damage from the Evasive Arcana version of the spells supposed to be lower than actually casting the spells?

Heroes of the Horn [HotH] – Yak’s Bend

in Elementalist

Posted by: Eddie.9143

Eddie.9143

phoenix is supposed to give 13s of vigor, it only gives 5.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Evasive Arcana no longer has any blast finishers at all. Not even the Churning Earth version, and that at least should be a blast finisher.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

(edited by ThiBash.5634)

in Elementalist

Posted by: thetreebranch.4831

thetreebranch.4831

Cantrip Mastery STILL does not affect Mist Form (even after being “fixed” in this latest patch)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikaido.6739

Nikaido.6739

Air Magic Trait “Inscription” still DOESN’T work with Glyph of Elementals (elite)

I can’t believe they left that bug out on this update…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Crunchy Gremlin.5798

Crunchy Gremlin.5798

Evasive Arcana no longer has any blast finishers at all. Not even the Churning Earth version, and it should be a blast finisher.

it doesnt cast churning earth. its shockwave. see evasive arcana bug list.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shinarika.5642

Shinarika.5642

While fixing/trying to fix ‘Magnetic Grasp’ they did something wrong with the leap finisher ability so we don’t get a fire aura anymore.

in Elementalist

Posted by: kulugo.7549

kulugo.7549

Dragon’s Tooth: The blast finisher for this skill now triggers at the spell location rather than the character’s location.

my favorite skill just got nerfed! and it doesn’t seem to work even if the spell lands on the combo field! >_<

in Elementalist

ThiBash.5634

Evasive Arcana no longer has any blast finishers at all. Not even the Churning Earth version, and it should be a blast finisher.

it doesnt cast churning earth. its shockwave. see evasive arcana bug list.

Doesn’t change my original point though, the skill should still be a blast finisher.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

(edited by ThiBash.5634)

in Elementalist

Posted by: mak.9027

mak.9027

Magnetic grasp is still totally broken (auto-stun), not fixed at all.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avatara.1042

New bug with:

Flame Axe: This weapon now grants the wielder power and condition damage.
Frost Bow: This weapon now grants the wielder increased condition duration and increased healing power.
Fiery Greatsword: This weapon now grants the wielder power and condition damage.
Magnetic Shield: This weapon now grants the wielder vitality and toughness.
Lightning Hammer: This weapon now grants the wielder increased precision and critical damage.

You get the new buffs ONLY when the weapon is summoned. Picking up the weapon gives you nothing.

in Elementalist

Oh I always forgot…conjured weapons STILL remove the stat bonuses from your actual weapons, meaning they are still rubbish outside of PvP and pulling people off walls in WvWvW.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Socram.6587

Socram.6587

Cantrip Mastery STILL does not affect Mist Form (even after being “fixed” in this latest patch)

Can anyone confirm this?

in Elementalist

Posted by: spOOky.8653

spOOky.8653

New bug with:

•Dragon’s Tooth: The blast finisher for this skill now triggers at the spell location rather than the character’s location.

Getting Dragon’s Tooth to hit inside Ring of Fire doesn’t work as a combo, and standing inside the Ring of Fire like it was before doesn’t work either. Doesn’t work as a blast finisher with Mesmers ethereal fields either.

(edited by spOOky.8653)

in Elementalist

Posted by: metalsonic.2503

metalsonic.2503

Remove please, class is wannabe a class because it doesn’t as good as every other class.

Even NPC’s are better to take in a dungeon.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Socram.6587

Socram.6587

Can anyone confirm this?

I just tested it myself: The cooldown (not only the tooltip) on Mist Form does correctly change from 75 to 60 seconds with Cantrip Mastery. Tested in the Heart of the Mists, out of combat.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Heimlich.3065

Heimlich.3065

Dragon’s Tooth is now a fire-and-forget skill. Fire it off and forget about it doing anything.

I look forward to the next rebalancing pass. I fully expect this:

Dragon’s Tooth: This skill’s description no longer references a Blast Finisher.

(edited by Moderator)

in Elementalist

Dragon’s Tooth is now a fire-and-forget skill. Fire it off and forget about it doing anything.

I look forward to the next rebalancing pass. I fully expect this:

Dragon’s Tooth: This skill’s description no longer references a Blast Finisher.

Pretty much. Seems to be their new way of ‘balancing’ Elementalists.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Anacrusis.6897

Anacrusis.6897

in Elementalist

Posted by: Scyntrus.2458

Scyntrus.2458

Sometimes when coming out of downed state mist form, you are instantly defeated.

After arguing with an engineer for a while, you begin to realize that he actually enjoys it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sedriel.7321

Sedriel.7321

Geyser isn’t getting it’s “Area Heal” Effect if its on another field. Even if it was the one placed on top. Such as me casting Frost field first and then Geyser on top of it and blasting with Arcane Wave. It gives me a Frost Aura. I think Healing Rain also has this issure

in Elementalist

Posted by: delmarqo.5038

delmarqo.5038

I thought it was the first field place that gives the combo, not the second one. That’s how I’ve been playing for awhile. Have I been wrong all along?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Reboco.7309

Reboco.7309

Can anyone confirm this?

I just tested it myself: The cooldown (not only the tooltip) on Mist Form does correctly change from 75 to 60 seconds with Cantrip Mastery. Tested in the Heart of the Mists, out of combat.

Hey, you are right, it works in Mists. But it doesn’t work in PVE or WvW. probably the problem is introduced because it seems they start to differ skills in pvp and pve.

in Elementalist

Posted by: roostapro.9827

roostapro.9827

Big surprise…

Earths Embrace (10 point Trait in Earth) Doesn’t trigger until 25% Health (Where as it says 50%)

Will need to test this out further before i confirm this.

Eredon Terrace – Voladeir Roost (Ele)|Roosta (War)|Error Occurred (Gua)|Àneskâ Necrötiâ (Nec)
RoostaGW2

in Elementalist

Posted by: Affably.7102

Affably.7102

Sometimes when coming out of downed state mist form, you are instantly defeated.

This is because coming out of using Vapor Form counts as a “new” downed state pigbacking on your “real” one, so if you had been previously downed (or however many downs it takes) you’ll be instantly defeated.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shadomen.9405

Shadomen.9405

3 skill bugs to report

1. The 11/15/12 patch did not fix Magnetic Grasp and Ride the Lightning tracking/performance. It is still an issue where you get “stuck” mid way during the travel. You also sometimes reach your target and then remain in the movement phase for these skills. Both situations need to be fixed because it basically leaves us stunned for the duration.

2. Arcane Evasion – the tool tip says it is supposed to cast Churning Earth upon dodge while under the earth attunement. What we REALLY get is not even close. The graphic looks the same but we get extremely low damage, 1 bleed and minor cripple. it is CLEARLY not churning earth that is being cast.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cosmic Teapot.9162

Cosmic Teapot.9162

The leap finisher on magnetic grasp only works about 5% of the time now.

in Elementalist

Posted by: roostapro.9827

roostapro.9827

I have noticed Ride the lightning just totally misses the target now (It is as if it thinks the target is moving, even when the target is still, it misses) and keeps me in its orb for a while….

Fixing that obviously bugged it out even more.

I can confirm (Probably already confirmed etc. etc., but i never used any earth traits until recently) that Earths Embrace Doesn’t trigger until around 25-30% health….sometimes it doesn’t even trigger at all (Even after CD is finished).

There also seems to be a Camera bug whenever casting different spells it pushes my camera upwards.

probably more bugs around the corner, no surprise there, and if i ind them i will post…….

Eredon Terrace – Voladeir Roost (Ele)|Roosta (War)|Error Occurred (Gua)|Àneskâ Necrötiâ (Nec)
RoostaGW2

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jakar.3685

Jakar.3685

Dragon’s tooth is still not working as a blast finisher on target atm.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cosmic Teapot.9162

Cosmic Teapot.9162

Ride the lightning’s cooldown is not reduced via the air cooldown reduction trait.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xolo.3580

Xolo.3580

Weapon Sigils are turned off when using a Conjure alongside normal weapon stats.

Some builds rely quite heavily on Sigil effects, so IMO the Sigils should not be disabled. For example: I’m currently trying a Daze/Knockdown build with 2 Sigils of Paralyzation and Lightning Hammer.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sedriel.7321

Sedriel.7321

I thought it was the first field place that gives the combo, not the second one. That’s how I’ve been playing for awhile. Have I been wrong all along?

You’r right =\ I was playing it wrong the entire time and only noticed on water. But thinking about it, I would like it the way i was playing it. It makes more sense for it to be the last field place. Plus it makes it easier to controle the land. Instead of making me skirt the area for ever looking for a place to lay down my healing AoEs where its not going to give me somethign else lmao! oh well

in Elementalist

More bugs added, old ones not fixed. I could say I am surprised, but that would be a lie.

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

Big surprise…

Earths Embrace (10 point Trait in Earth) Doesn’t trigger until 25% Health (Where as it says 50%)

Will need to test this out further before i confirm this.

that and final shelding (10% instead of 25%) are bugged since a month at least…

Already tested and already in bug list with screens.

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

happened this today…
Look at my skill

possibly future patch will introduice that <.<

happened after using a conjured weapon…
After relog i could at least attune again to have some skills…
Happened twice still not understood how to reproduce it reliably…

Attachments:

GW2 balance:

(edited by LordByron.8369)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mooncrosser.7519

Mooncrosser.7519

<deleted>
From patch notes:
Evasive Arcana: This trait no longer creates unintended blast finishers.

(edited by Mooncrosser.7519)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kouryuu.4213

Kouryuu.4213

Wondering what everyones experience with Glyph of Renewal is, I was using mercy runes and it didnt rez allies to full health in water attunement. It seemed that the mercy runes overrides the effect of the glyph in water attunement, healing them 20% more life instead of full health.

Forever unranked.

in Elementalist

ThiBash.5634

There’s still that bug with Evasive Arcana where Churning Earth doesn’t count as a blast finisher…

in Elementalist

Posted by: blackgoat.5172

blackgoat.5172

EA when attuned to water does nothing I’ve waited for awhile to say anything until I was absolutely sure but after several days testing this I’m certain that there’s no spell at all on a dodge when in water

Káge – 80 Thief / Asháman – 80 Elementalist
Project Mayhem A multigaming, PVx social guild on Dragonbrand
Dragonbrand Community Forums

in Elementalist

Posted by: MajorMelchett.6042

MajorMelchett.6042

EA when attuned to water does nothing I’ve waited for awhile to say anything until I was absolutely sure but after several days testing this I’m certain that there’s no spell at all on a dodge when in water

It works, it just has no animation effect at all to show it worked. At 1st i thought it wasn’t working aswell, but after a bit of testing it does indeed cast a heal on the dodge like a cleansing wave.

It really needs to be fixed to show a splash like the standad CW (every other EA dodge has an animation effect), as in the heat of battle you really need to know if it worked or not.

If your not actully getting the heal then i’m not sure what’s up, as i get the heal just fine – just with no splash effect.
—-
Regarding Mist form, it’s fixed in sPvP with Cantrip Mastery – but it’s still broken in anything else (man this one is annoying).

And i’m still shocked the churned earth cooldown hasn’t been fixed when interupted, it still goes on a full cooldown and not the 3 second one.

Zilori: Guardian – Desolation.
Zarturo: Elemental – Desolation.

(edited by MajorMelchett.6042)

in Elementalist

Posted by: guza.6170

guza.6170

Anyone know whats up with glyph of renewal? I swear i downed an ele today 2 times 1on1 at their treb and he got back up twice, he said he used the glyph in fire but i didnt notice him casting it during the fight and i dont think i downed him twice within 15s (thats how long the efect on fire is suposed to work), i think there must be some sort of exploit here, i tried to test it but it didnt work like that for me.

aka Subl

in Elementalist

Posted by: SkeeLd.2164

SkeeLd.2164

Lately when conjuring Frost Bow and immediately pressing 4, instead of showing the AoE in green it just fires the spell right on top of you. Very annoying when playing through the AC paths with graveling burrows :/

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mooncrosser.7519

Mooncrosser.7519

Conjure Frost Bow increases healing power by 1.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

Ride the Lightning can fire behind you (all of the skills where this was useful got changed to only fire in front, except Ride the Lightning, which can knock you off a cliff to your doom if the nearest enemy is behind you). It also targets anyone around you whether hostile or not.

Ride the Lightning seems to stop when it encounters a combo field. Same with when Wyrms go underground, they can’t travel through a combo field.

Dragon’s Tooth also doesn’t do damage when you dodge, in addition to reports of it being cancelled when using Mist Form or getting knocked down.

Dragon’s Tooth isn’t a combo finisher since the last patch.

Phoenix’s combo finisher doesn’t execute unless it’s targetted inside the ring of fire. A combo is supposed to happen if a skill passes through a combo field, and while a phoenix passes through twice, it doesn’t execute. Considering both DT and Phoenix give Area Might (to allies), it makes sense that it be granted where the caster fires, the way it was before the recent patch.

Updraft doesn’t knock down bosses reliably. It seems to randomly knock them down. Other times it says “Interrupt” only, but doesn’t even interrupt their attack.

Earthquake doesn’t knock down bosses reliably. Same as Updraft.
Gust seems to only affect 1 character, not “foes”. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Eruption’s combo field executes after the delay and the rocks explode, meaning it happens after most fields have vanished. This is contrary to Churning Earth, where the Finisher executes at the start of channeling, as it should because combos would never happen if it was at the end.

Obsidian Flesh’s invulnerability doesn’t work against traps.

Ice Globe – Could this be made to explode at the furthest range? It’s impossible to tell when it has gone past its range and to time its explosion at the furthest part.

Rock Spray. The description of this is very strange. It does lots of damage up close (which makes sense because it’s point blank), then less damage at medium range, but back to lots of damage at far range. Also, this skill rarely seems to hit. There’s something strange about it’s targetting.

I swear i downed an ele today 2 times 1on1 at their treb and he got back up twice, he said he used the glyph in fire but i didnt notice him casting it during the fight and i dont think i downed him twice within 15s (thats how long the efect on fire is suposed to work), i think there must be some sort of exploit here, i tried to test it but it didnt work like that for me.

If you kill something while downed, it rallies you. Maybe that was it? I have never had the fire renewal last long enough to rally me. Let alone twice. But then again I don’t use the skill anymore because it is garbage now that they’ve made it downed-only.

Why is it that whenever there is a change to elemenalist, ie the description says 8s and the skill works at 5s, the change is always for the weaker. The description gets changed in this case.

When if the description said 5s and the skill gave 8s the behaviour would be weakened to match the description. I have been waiting since launch for improvements to this class and every update is so disappointing.

in Elementalist

Posted by: blackgoat.5172

blackgoat.5172

It works, it just has no animation effect at all to show it worked. At 1st i thought it wasn’t working aswell, but after a bit of testing it does indeed cast a heal on the dodge like a cleansing wave.

It really needs to be fixed to show a splash like the standad CW (every other EA dodge has an animation effect), as in the heat of battle you really need to know if it worked or not.

If your not actully getting the heal then i’m not sure what’s up, as i get the heal just fine – just with no splash effect.
—-
Regarding Mist form, it’s fixed in sPvP with Cantrip Mastery – but it’s still broken in anything else (man this one is annoying).

And i’m still shocked the churned earth cooldown hasn’t been fixed when interupted, it still goes on a full cooldown and not the 3 second one.

OK cool. Thanks for the clarification.

Káge – 80 Thief / Asháman – 80 Elementalist
Project Mayhem A multigaming, PVx social guild on Dragonbrand
Dragonbrand Community Forums

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lyrsen.6702

Lyrsen.6702

Edited for me being wrong.

Yareon is correct the Arcana line speeds up the recharge time by 60% not reducing the cooldown by 60%.

Thanks for correcting me Yareon and Clark Skinner.

(edited by Lyrsen.6702)