Tempest Changes for Next BWE!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alphard.6529

Alphard.6529

Actually if you make the trait that gives aura on overload give the aura at the start of the channel, it would be a nice buff. And since it puts the attunement on a long cooldown, it won’t be worth to pop the overload just for the aura and then cancel it. I can’t see any ele putting any attunement on a 15s cooldown for an aura.

Maybe even make the aura on overload baseline. Then at least one spec (aurashare) might want to use them.

[KING] Alpha Cas

(edited by Alphard.6529)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Tempest is the most hated elite spec

Because Eles are spoiled.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Auren.9142

Auren.9142

This is a small set of changes from the first beta weekend event; we will continue to iterate on the specialization skills and mechanics and shall be listening for your constructive feedback.

We will be reviewing the Tempest traits along with casttimes vs. effects on overloads among several other aspects of the elite specialization.

Appreciate the outreach and the communication, but you’ve really addressed none of the concerns that the specialization is only effectively viable with daggers. At least in PvP it doesn’t really seem to add a new playstyle. Will we see any changes to scepters or the specialization to make the mechanics more ranged friendly?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Endlos.4852

Endlos.4852

I don’t main Ele, and don’t intend to, so forgive my potential ignorance.

One of the things I didn’t really see mentioned anywhere was the way Fresh Air and Overload (mostly don’t) interact.

From my limited testing, it seemed that Fresh Air basically did nothing unless you swapped out of Air to something else. Is this intended? A lot of the issues with Overload’s long charge-up, lockout, and cooldown could be (partially, for one attunement) alleviated if Fresh Air could reset you even if you remained in air.

The way I expected it to work was like this:

• Enter Air attunement
  • Air charges for 5s
  • Overload available
  • Cast overload
  • Post-cast, Air attunement goes on lockdown
  • You land a crit, Fresh Air procs, lockdown evaporates
  • Air charges for 5s
  • Overload available

TL;DR: I didn’t expect Fresh Air to immediately make the Overload available for use again, but I certainly didn’t expect it to do nothing if I remained in Air Attunement post-Overload.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Good start. I think the only other topping you need to add on overloads is maybe some extra bonus to the attunements skills after an overload or some kind of bonus to help reward those that stay in the attunement or manage to pull off the overload.

Since last beta test I sort of only focused on feed back to the attunements overloads but that doesn’t mean I think the traits and utilities are fine. The elite, especially, need some changes. When I get back home, I’ll get right on leaving my feed back for those (although it’s hard to leave feed back on the elite since I used it for a grand total of 15min then swapped to a racial skill)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

TL;DR: I didn’t expect Fresh Air to immediately make the Overload available for use again, but I certainly didn’t expect it to do nothing if I remained in Air Attunement post-Overload.

Why not though? It says it refreshes the cooldown, not the overload. The intended use of the trait is that you swap out of Air into another Attunement, crit, and then be able to instantly switch back into Air. That is still how the trait functions. It is not intended to let you use Air Overload faster than usual.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Elementalist

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Some issues you’ve addressed are nice and well spot-on, however, the things people are mostly asking about are traits and our horrible elite. I think you need a whole separate team to test the Tempest, because by now it’s not worth to spec into it, we don’t need a support-focused specialization, we can do it already pretty good.

You can remove 90% of the traits, apart from Element Bastion and Imbued Melodies (which are mutually exclusive) all the rest are too meh/uninteresting/non-synergic. Please, could you take some time to really re-evaluate the spec? The trait line is so horrible it doesn’t even feel worth grabbing.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

in Elementalist

Posted by: Remedy.3429

Remedy.3429

LOL

15 LOL CharacLOLters

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avador.8934

Avador.8934

Tempest is the most hated elite spec

Or clever.

I am lazy to write it over and over. So sorry for my English.

in Elementalist

Posted by: tuck.2719

tuck.2719

I’ve been playing Ele almost exclusively, and about 99% in PVP since release. As it looks right now I’m gonna main Mesmer in HOT.

As fun as DD cantrip ele is, after 3 years of the same spec I’m looking for something new which apparently Tempest won’t provide.

I’ve been thinking the same thing. Glad I’m not the only one I guess. :/

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

I honestly thought this needed more tweaks than Reaper. It is simply not on the same level as the rest of ele.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Elementalist

Posted by: tuck.2719

tuck.2719

Hey everyone.

Not all feedback could be addressed this iteration in fair part due to time constraints on key members of our design team. That does not mean we are dismissing your feedback or that all the issues you’ve raised up to this point will go unchanged before expansion release.

This is a small set of changes from the first beta weekend event; we will continue to iterate on the specialization skills and mechanics and shall be listening for your constructive feedback.

We will be reviewing the Tempest traits along with casttimes vs. effects on overloads among several other aspects of the elite specialization.

Thanks for the follow-up. It’s good to hear that the feedback has been heard, even if there’s not time to address it this round.

in Elementalist

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

In what universe has the concepts behind overloads been generally well received?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Elementalist

morrolan.9608

Tempest were in a great spot last build??? you literally are the first person on the ele forums that have suggested they are in a “GREAT” spot…. There was nothing positive about tempest to say, as you can see from the feedback on the forums….

Yes, the Tempest forums were a hotbed of salt, that doesn’t mean that they were actually right.

What makes you right and those of us who dislike it wrong?

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cyan.6904

Cyan.6904

It’s a start. My guess is that more will follow, on every aspect.

But some people really have some attitude problems here. Time constraints doesn’t mean Devs don’t care about an elite spec and don’t want to spend any time to work on it. There are countless things that can effect the amount of work the Devs can deliver. It is a shame that the standard reaction seems to be: “I don’t see the changes I wanted, so Anet doesn’t care.”

Also, it’s ridiculous to claim that the Tempest is the most hated elite spec there is. People who don’t like stuff or disagree with how things work tend to be more vocal about it. And true, there are a lot of feedback and complaints here on the forum, but just scanning these posts show the same names over and over again. We have some very vocal complainers over here, but that doesn’t reflect the whole community of Ele/Tempest players.

Cyan Graceland — Elementalist
The Knights Temple [TKT] — Aurora Glade

in Elementalist

morrolan.9608

The reason people are complaining is because Tempest does not, in their minds, provide a NEW and/or distinct enough role for Ele to play. Whether or not Ele is “the best class in the game” has NOTHING to do with the fact that Tempest isn’t living up the proposed goal (opening up new playstyles.)

What playstyle did people want? Personally, I find the D/D playstyle to be a lot of fun, and the Tempest brought a bunch of cool new functions to that.

More variety to a ranged play style which is meant to be the primary play style of the class. Staff is effective but mundane, scepter is not great. We don;t have a really effective ranged single target play style. Mesmers are duelists but have more effective ranged options.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

But some people really have some attitude problems here. Time constraints doesn’t mean Devs don’t care about an elite spec and don’t want to spend any time to work on it. There are countless things that can effect the amount of work the Devs can deliver. It is a shame that the standard reaction seems to be: “I don’t see the changes I wanted, so Anet doesn’t care.”

Also, it’s ridiculous to claim that the Tempest is the most hated elite spec there is. People who don’t like stuff or disagree with how things work tend to be more vocal about it. And true, there are a lot of feedback and complaints here on the forum, but just scanning these posts show the same names over and over again. We have some very vocal complainers over here, but that doesn’t reflect the whole community of Ele/Tempest players.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Reaper-Changes-for-Next-BWE/first

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Chronomancer-Changes-for-Next-BWE/first

Now compare it to our changes, which Tempest definitely needed the most. Reaper and Chronomancer got good changes with actual reasons from the Developer as to why it was buffed/changed/unchanged. Hell, they made an entire new minion AND a new mechanic JUST for the Reaper.

We just got numbers. Not to mention they ignored most of the feedback and suggestions(Robert totally read the forums, as I remember reading about giving Minions that sort of mechanic and many players wanted changes like what he gave). Can’t blame people for being upset.

(edited by Malchior.5732)

in Elementalist

morrolan.9608

Thats not actually the reaction, the reaction is they have ignored most of the feedback and are actually making false statements such as the overload concept has been well received.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

Normal Staff Ele > Any Tempest Kind

At least for fractals…

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…

in Elementalist

Cyan.6904

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Reaper-Changes-for-Next-BWE/first

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Chronomancer-Changes-for-Next-BWE/first

Now compare it to our changes, which Tempest definitely needed the most. Reaper and Chronomancer got good changes with actual reasons from the Developer as to why it was buffed/changed/unchanged. Hell, they made an entire new minion AND a new mechanic JUST for the Reaper.

We just got numbers. Can’t blame people for being upset.

I don’t blame people to be upset. If they want to be, go ahead.

But it’s a fact that the Dev team had/have time constraints while working on it. Taken that in consideration, it’s a good thing that they made a start, and can expand on this. They acknowledge the given feedback (if you believe it or not), there are more rounds before release to change content.

Some people choose to react without any respect. That isn’t working out.

in Elementalist

Cyan.6904

Thats not actually the reaction, the reaction is they have ignored most of the feedback and are actually making false statements such as the overload concept has been well received.

And how is that a false statement? How do you know that there weren’t any reaction about how people enjoyed overloads? Because there are more negative posts on the forum than positive ones? With the same users posting over and over again?
There are so many ways to make opinions known. Mail, social media, direct messaging, in game, written letters if you want to be fancy. All possible, even if Anet prefers the forums to get feedback.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

Greetings Tyrians,

The concepts behind overloading an element were pretty well received, however you called out that the time cost of overloading compared to the final rewards were too unbalanced.

I don’t know where you’ve been gathering feedback from, but from the huge amount of feedback I’ve been reading, the general consensus behind the attunement overload mechanic was pretty badly recieved, quite the opposite of what you just said. I’d venture and say Overloads as a whole are part of the Tempest that gained the worst reception.

Overloads are intended as potent tools which are not always available – to push this feeling each of them has been given a stronger effect to bring some more parity to the risk vs. reward of using them.

• Overload Air – Increased damage by 30% and increased the radius of effect from 240 to 360.
  • Overload Earth – Increased damage by 50% and increased the immobilize upon end from 3 seconds to 4 seconds.
  • Overload Fire – Increased the damage by 20% and increased the duration of burning applied per pulse from 2 seconds to 3 seconds.
  • Overload Water – Increased the amount that healing power affects pulsed healing by 400%. Increased the final heal value by 50%.

The only one that desperately needed higher numbers was Overload Water. The others needed some defense/supportive mechanism. As examples:
Air Overload pulsing blinds or weakness
Earth overload pulsing blinds or weakness
and Fire overload blocking/reflecting proyectiles.

You want your squishiest profession to stand there in the fronlines channeling a long casting spell, well, fine, but provide it the tools to do so, flat damage increases do not cut it.

And again, no stability (give them a single stack at least!) on channeling means interrupt bait (and even with stability), which also means it’s all risks and no reward at all.

Speedy Conduit. Swiftness on channeling is incredibly underwhelming. Change it to Superspeed instead.

5 secs (or 6?) to get an Overload is too harsh, reduce it 3.

Harmonious Conduit. Make 16 secs attunement lockdown base, or at least make this trait give something else, it’s really bad right now.

Latent Stamina. This one is really random and it seems like it slipped from the Water specialization, it’s still really bad and it wont ever be taken in its current iteration. Redesing this one entirely. :/

EDIT: I forgot about the elite Rebound. Make it give you Alacrity AoE, and maybe some other cool effect like reducing your current attunement CDs by 50% or something like that. I already suggested that in a previous thread, it’s current iteration makes it among the worst elite skills in the game.

Some changes here and there and the Tempest should be set. With those proposed by the devs it won’t be anywhere near enough I think.

(edited by Khenzy.9348)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avador.8934

Avador.8934

And how is that a false statement? How do you know that there weren’t any reaction about how people enjoyed overloads? Because there are more negative posts on the forum than positive ones? With the same users posting over and over again?
There are so many ways to make opinions known. Mail, social media, direct messaging, in game, written letters if you want to be fancy. All possible, even if Anet prefers the forums to get feedback.

You know that most of those rare positive posts are also being posted by the same people over and over again?

I am lazy to write it over and over. So sorry for my English.

in Elementalist

Malchior.5732

We just got numbers. Can’t blame people for being upset.

I don’t blame people to be upset. If they want to be, go ahead.

But it’s a fact that the Dev team had/have time constraints while working on it. Taken that in consideration, it’s a good thing that they made a start, and can expand on this. They acknowledge the given feedback (if you believe it or not), there are more rounds before release to change content.

Some people choose to react without any respect. That isn’t working out.

See, why exactly did they have time restraints? I don’t know. Reaper and Chrono seemed to have plenty of time and Robert was also working on the Warr elite spec.
Why didn’t we even get a post from Karl?

Why are we wasting our time with another BWE when the issues weren’t resolved at all? It’s going to get the same feedback from veteran Elementalists. The only people who seemed to enjoy it are few and are in between or people who don’t play Ele very much at all.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Seriously?

A 50% increase in damage for EARTH overcharge, the overcharge of a CONDITION/ATTRITION DAMAGE playstyle with nearly all its damage based in the bleed condition! How was adding bleeding not the most freaking obvious change to be made?

No alternative explored or even mentioned to the horrid attunement lockout system that feels in no way like a cost for overcharging, but instead feels like a punishment that no amount of buffs will justify.

And NOTHING addressing the fact that 99% of the base class mechanics get weaker when combined with the tempest mechanics.

What is wrong with whoever is working on the tempest?

(edited by Conncept.7638)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

If you followed discussions here and on Reddit you would see the reaction that Tempest is the least liked Elite Specialization (check the numerous pools that have been done) and that Overloads have been questioned a TON by the majority of people.

There have been so many conceptual and mechanical issues brought up by the majority of the forum AND reddit that are not acknowledge at all in the main post and just after a kittenstorm been made they said “Well we didn’t have time to talk about other stuff.”

Not even a word on problems just generic stuff like cast times (numbers again when the problem is mechanical) and Traits (without anything they find to be an issue or not).

They literally gave us nothing of an acknowledgement of the issues. NOTHING.

I am actually impressed with some of the people here and I will say some stuff:

- Stop treating the devs as your friends. They are not. In fact they don’t even post in here for you to have a chance to talk with them.

- The devs are working in a product that you bought / will buy. Just like you on your job need to deliver a good work, they too need to. They are not fantastic people doing a great charitable work for the good of mankind. Take them out of the pedestal.

Praising them for this is like praising the mechanic that didn’t fix the engine of your car, but rather just put some new tires on it and send it out to you to do a test run.

Your car still doesn’t work, but hey “It is a work in progress, maybe by the end of the deadline I will fix your engine and it will run, maybe not, but pay me the full price of the fix anyway.”

The fact some people here think the above scenario is great and would jump at it baffles me, but again, maybe that is the proper way to do money…

in Elementalist

Cyan.6904

You know that most of those rare positive posts are also being posted by the same people over and over again?

I don’t disagree with that. But in my eyes it’s connected to my earlier point that people who aren’t happy with content or changes tend to be a lot more vocal about it. Especially on forums, because of the opportunity of discussions. And yes, these can also be very helpful and provide lots of feedback. But it doesn’t have to correctly show the proportions between the amounts of positive and negative opinions.

Praising them for this is like praising the mechanic that didn’t fix the engine of your car, but rather just put some new tires on it and send it out to you to do a test run.

Your car still doesn’t work, but hey “It is a work in progress, maybe by the end of the deadline I will fix your engine and it will run, maybe not, but pay me the full price of the fix anyway.”

You are right here. Except that we didn’t hit the end product yet. Till release it’s all allowed construction time.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

My current trait setup is still more powerful (damage modifier wise) than if I were to run with the Tempest trait line (which would actually make me weaker), so still no incentive for me to run with the specialisation, but I’m sure those who like using warhorn will probably like the very few changes that were made.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

in Elementalist

Malchior.5732

I don’t disagree with that. But in my eyes it’s connected to my earlier point that people who aren’t happy with content or changes tend to be a lot more vocal about it. Especially on forums, because of the opportunity of discussions. And yes, these can also be very helpful and provide lots of feedback. But it doesn’t have to correctly show the proportions between the amounts of positive and negative opinions.

You are right here. Except that we didn’t hit the end product yet. Till release it’s all allowed construction time.

Did you even see the Elite Skill and Vote threads? Mostly negative.

Also, it might be “construction time”, and that’s why they need to see all this negative feedback. Fix it before we’re stuck with it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

White Knights. They always show up against logical feedback, specially when they’re mostly critic, and not in favor of something.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arricson Krei.9560

Arricson Krei.9560

Did you even see the Elite Skill and Vote threads? Mostly negative.

Also, it might be “construction time”, and that’s why they need to see all this negative feedback. Fix it before we’re stuck with it.

I agree with this. The whole point is, it’s construction time! So why are the devs taking baby steps and not pulling out the big guns. It’s a lot easier to see what’s wrong when something is wrong, rather than speculating what could be wrong. What better time to do it with a BW? I’m not suggesting the devs buff everything through the roof, but to experiment with potentially overpowered traits, weapon skills, and class mechanics. Key word: POTENTIALLY.

Go ahead and put superspeed on Speedy Conduit.
Go ahead and put 3s Quickness with a 20s CD on overloading attunements.
And go ahead and put at least 1 stack of stab on Hardy Conduit.

It’s a crap philosophy to take baby steps in a beta state. If you continue this slow paced judgement calls, then eventually you’ll reach a point where everything will, at best, be ‘okay’. You’ll shrug and say, “It does alright”, and leave. Know where to go, know how not to go there, and end up at your destination.

Should you climb a mountain without a map? Should you figure out which pathway is best on the go? Should you reach the top without knowing it’s elevation compared to other summits, stop, and say, “We’ve reached the highest point!”?

No. Look at the map, do some research on which paths to take, build a pathway, and get to the highest summit possible. Respectively, that’s: Figure out where the profession lacks, experiment in the beta with substantial ideas, evaluate what went wrong, and work towards what it should be.

in Elementalist

Posted by: NiteSlayr.4563

NiteSlayr.4563

Hello, I am a random forum user and I am going to tell the people that make video games how to balance said video game. Oh yeah, don’t forget to add all of my completely biased assumptions on what the class should be because I can only play one playstyle and I have no imagination whatsoever. While we’re at it, let’s add a comment like “See?! Devs of games, ESPECIALLY Anet don’t EVER listen to me!! I am important!!!!” -proceeds to throw tantrum- Now, after careful analysis, and by that I mean briefly looking over the traits, abilities, and stats, as well as only playing the class for about an hour, these are the changes you guys should make, because I am right. I know more than you guys do so implement these changes now or I will continue to torment you by furiously typing out hate messages on the forums and amassing a huge following of other like-minded individuals.

Edit: Oh, I forgot to mention, I main this class and I don’t think it’s strong enough compared to the other classes. It’s not fair that I can’t be the top of the top when it comes to people deciding between classes. I swear, it’s like you’re trying to give me some other unique power instead of further increasing my strengths and that’s stupid!!

(edited by NiteSlayr.4563)

in Elementalist

Malchior.5732

Agree totally with Arricson.

I also just want to say: There are a TON of suggestions for fixing the Tempest up that shouldn’t actually take many resources and can re-use all the animations, but what we need is word from the Devs and for them to take action.

The important thing is that how the mechanic itself currently works is mostly unusable and even if you tweak the numbers, it’s still competing with our current builds and I’m sick of hearing “oh, but base ele already does everything”. It doesn’t.

We’re still lacking front-line specs(and I’m talking real front-line, where AoE Stab is in short supply) which the Tempest will never be able to touch, we’re lacking single-target ranged DPS, we’re lacking dedicated Condi(Tempest actually has LESS conditions to apply), we’re lacking an actual Burst build(Scepter burst is not only difficult to land, it’s easy to disrupt), and the list goes on.

Right now, we have a very strong generalist(which, if Burning gets toned down, will mostly be just for attrition, which benefits mostly just Conquest and not much else).

in Elementalist

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

I don’t get why everyone’s hating on the Tempest elite Rebound. It’s got great potential.

To make it workable simply make it add a buff to the user (and everyone affected), the same way that Quick Draw works on Ranger. Don’t let it work on auto-attacks.

Boom-bam, everyone has control over what they use the bonus on. If anything I would change that the CD reduction applies to attacks and utilities, not just attacks.

And maybe increase the CD reduction from 25% to 50%. Make it a stunbreaker while we’re at it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: OneKlicKill.4285

OneKlicKill.4285

LOLOL

What the actual kitten… It’s not april first…

Greatest Post from devs to ele to this day. Absolutely amazing.

I’ll be playing Revenant and Mesmer for now on, 3 years of d/d cantrip from pre launch betas to pre launch expo betas is kittening amazing. Every class has gone through different builds and metas over and over except for ele. They can’t even make a change with new mechanics. Seriously kitten tier ele development, they give no kittens about us.

Please skill/trait split and give control to the PvP team. Karl is fucking killing us

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bloodyx.5946

Bloodyx.5946

wait is this real? you guys didnt touch the elites, cantrips, traits…. you just buffed damage?!

someone, is this fake?

in Elementalist

Azel.4786

wait is this real? you guys didnt touch the elites, cantrips, traits…. you just buffed damage?!

someone, is this fake?

The majority of us wish it was fake.

The majority of us are wishing that we can wake up tomorrow and read a “haha got you! Here are the real changes”

The majority of us are hoping they didn’t dismiss our several pages of feedback and basically told us to kitten off.

Reality though is harsh. This is the truth. This is what we get for trying to provide feedback.

And most importantly, this is what we get for pre-ordering.

Lesson learned.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

To follow up on from my previous post (because it’s all very well saying what doesn’t work, I should back it up with something that, in my opinion, WOULD work), I don’t really care about the warhorn skills (because I’m a staff ele and dagger/warhorn just aren’t my thing), so I won’t suggest any, but I’ve come up with a couple ideas for Tempest grandmaster traits:

Righteous Resistance:

Become invulnerable while using an Overload. (my reason behind this is that overloads are very short in duration, and there should be a HUGE incentive to using an overload. This would be a great incentive, would make enemies truly fear you and try to avoid you, and would be a pretty good trait, hence grandmaster).

War Caller:

Based on your current attunement, shouts inflict a condition on foes. Gain more ferocity (+150) when using a shout. Shouts recharge (20%) faster. (inspired by the arcane grandmaster trait, elemental surge)

Fire: Burning
Water: Vulnerability
Air: Weakness
Earth: Bleeding

The only trait line I would consider sacrificing for tempest, if I HAD to choose one, would be arcane. But as it is right now, I could never justify swapping arcane out for tempest, because arcane, to me, is much stronger. Arcane also synchronises extremely well with my skills. And here’s why:

When I use my arcane blast utility skill, it not only deals critical damage, but it has a whopping 1500 range, gives me +150 ferocity for 15 seconds (when traited with elemental surge), and synchronises with my arcane healing skill, arcane brilliance. So I can maintain +150 ferocity. This synchronisation I get from arcane gives me a nice damage modifier that tempest simply doesn’t offer me as an alternative.

The only way I could see tempest being remotely enticing for me, is if it had traits, skills and damage modifiers similar to arcane (or in tempest’s case, shouts), that synchronises with my healing skill (so in tempest’s case, introduce a shout for your healing skill), offers me the same damage bonuses (+150 ferocity for 15 seconds when traited, and using shouts), and gives me something extra/new to look forward to from the specialisation, that other trait lines simply don’t offer, like overloads, and the ability to become invulnerable while using them (when traited with the grandmaster I suggested, Righteous Resistance. OR, at the very least, a 50% reduction from incoming damage by enemies, and immunity to crowd control skills whilst overloading).

I want to remain a staff ele because I like the skills and warhorn doesn’t do it for me, but as it is, if it’s not the warhorn I dislike, it’s the tempest traits. It doesn’t offer me anything more (apart from overloads, but that’s not a big enough reason to swap out a much better trait line for), and this is why I will remain using my current build.

I hope this has been good feedback.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bloodyx.5946

Bloodyx.5946

someone, is this fake?

The majority of us are wishing that we can wake up tomorrow and read a “haha got you! Here are the real changes”

The majority of us are hoping they didn’t dismiss our several pages of feedback and basically told us to kitten off.

Reality though is harsh. This is the truth. This is what we get for trying to provide feedback.

Lesson learned.

“hey lee, I know you sweep the floors here at Arenanet’s building, but could you stay a little after hours to balance a part of our game called the elementalist? I’ll give you a $20 and buy you coffee in the morning. you da man bro”

in Elementalist

Posted by: OneKlicKill.4285

OneKlicKill.4285

someone, is this fake?

Lesson learned.

“hey lee, I know you sweep the floors here at Arenanet’s building, but could you stay a little after hours to balance a part of our game called the elementalist? I’ll give you a $20 and buy you coffee in the morning. you da man bro”

Lee here, I would’ave done a much better job with a hour of over time than this! kitten you for relating me to them!

Please skill/trait split and give control to the PvP team. Karl is fucking killing us

in Elementalist

Azel.4786

someone, is this fake?

Lesson learned.

Lee here, I would’ave done a much better job with a hour of over time than this! kitten you for relating me to them!

Yeah, show some respect for Lee man. Total lack of respect.

Lee you da man. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise! You are the only thing that works in the elementalist department…. too bad you aren’t able to clean it in all respects….

in Elementalist

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

someone, is this fake?

I think they don’t know what to do. The issues with the Tempest aren’t a matter of numbers – the specialization itself has been very poorly designed and should be reworked (and the same applies to the Dragonhunter, by the way; notice how both have names that don’t even fit them).

But with ArenaNet at crunch mode, they can’t really afford the time and manpower to rework two (or more) specializations.

All they will do will be to try to use high numbers to hide poor mechanics, until eventually the Tempest skills will become overpowered (despite still being mechanically poor), forcing ArenaNet to nerf it, and then relegating the Tempest to be forgotten.

in Elementalist

Azel.4786

All they will do will be to try to use high numbers to hide poor mechanics, until eventually the Tempest skills will become overpowered (despite still being mechanically poor), forcing ArenaNet to nerf it, and then relegating the Tempest to be forgotten.

Exactly what we all fear and don’t want.

But exactly what we will get out of our $50…

in Elementalist

Ohoni.6057

Nothing, my point is that neither side can claim to be absolutely right on this. They got positive feedback, they got negative feedback, they have to balance the two and try to make everyone happy, but all the histrionics about “how DARE they not bow down to us?!” is completely out of place.

More variety to a ranged play style which is meant to be the primary play style of the class.

No it’s not. You might like the ranged playstyle, that’s fine, but Eles overall are a skirmishing class, middle distance. If you want more range, ask for more range, but don’t try to make the class “supposed to be” anything that it isn’t.

If you’ll remember, they mentioned that they weren’t satisfied with the Reaper summon shout back when they first announced the class, they likely had been working on the new version the entire time, and only included their original version in the BWE1 build to gauge expectations. Just because they announced a change last week does not mean that they completely designed that aspect over that week.

We just got numbers. Not to mention they ignored most of the feedback and suggestions(Robert totally read the forums, as I remember reading about giving Minions that sort of mechanic and many players wanted changes like what he gave). Can’t blame people for being upset.

I certainly can. People are entitled to be disappointed, for wanting something more eventually, but upset? No. They are not entitled to be upset over this, because it’s just part of the beta process. They were not entitled to have any major changes made between BWE1 and 2, so they should be pleased that anything was done, even if they’re concerned that not enough will happen between now and launch.

There is a respectful and realistic way for people to express their concerns, and largely this thread has failed at that.

Why are we wasting our time with another BWE when the issues weren’t resolved at all? It’s going to get the same feedback from veteran Elementalists. The only people who seemed to enjoy it are few and are in between or people who don’t play Ele very much at all.

Because the BWE is not about you. It’s about testing the game. There will likely be new events that need testing, Glint will likely be in, probably 2-4 other classes that weren’t in BWE1, there will be things that need testing. Maybe Tempest won’t be one of those things, and that’s ok. It’d be much more important to get solid testing in of the other four classes than it is to get Tempest nailed down at this point. They can run with the feedback from BWE1 and continue to improve on the Tempest behind the scenes for more testing in BWE3 or 4. Would you prefer that they just lock out Elementalist characters from BWE2?

done by now.”

in Elementalist

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

How DARE we entitled gamers want tempest to be something more than a footnote, right?!!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

Attack the posters instead of arguments, very mature and productive.

in Elementalist

morrolan.9608

More variety to a ranged play style which is meant to be the primary play style of the class.

No it’s not. You might like the ranged playstyle, that’s fine, but Eles overall are a skirmishing class, middle distance. If you want more range, ask for more range, but don’t try to make the class “supposed to be” anything that it isn’kittens

the typical mage class, the primary play style of which is ranged. Its what the class was in GW1. Its the only class with a combination of light armor and lowest base health……………… The D/D brawler style was originally just an option but became so effective due to enterprising players. The class doesn’t need another brawler option it needs more ranged options.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in Elementalist

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

He just said it.

in Elementalist

Ohoni.6057

How DARE we entitled gamers want tempest to be something more than a footnote, right?!!?

That has nothing to do with the topic at hand. You should feel free to critique the class as it stands now and suggest ways to improve it. What is completely unjustified is the “mememe, nownownow” mentality on display around here. ANet has no responsibility to fix the Tempest immediately, only to fix it at some point between now and HoT’s official launch.

the typical mage class, the primary play style of which is ranged. Its what the class was in GW1.

Yes, but the GW2 Ele is not, and never has been a “typical mage class,” nor is it GW1’s ele class. The Ele class has always been about controlling the middle distance between standoff and melee ranges, and about hitting many enemies at once with a ton of AoEs, rather than maximizing single target damage. If you want something different, then that’s fine, and ask for it on those terms, but it is not something owed to you, it is not something they did “wrong.”

The D/D brawler style was originally just an option but became so effective due to enterprising players.

If they added D/D to the game, they intended it to be viable, especially given how the Ele has necessarily fewer total options than other classes (as opposed to, say, Ranger Torch, where they have plenty of other things to go there). It’s not the players that forced the D/D role onto ANet. And if they had ever intended for the Ele to be dominant at standoff range, they would have either done so at launch, or at least would have done so during one of the major feature patches since. They clearly like the way Eles handle range. It’s not like they hear what you say and then go “wait, Fred, you pushed the button that unlocked Elementalist Rifle in 2012, right? Fred?. . . Fred?”

done by now.”

in Elementalist

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Dear devs,

Please give all of the overloads breakbars and stun them if the breakbars are broken like revenant shield.

Love,
a sad elementalist.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..