Tempest & Warhorn confirmed – Feedback [merged]

in Elementalist

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Merging four threads into one. So repeats by the same person don’t (necessarily) indicate forgetfulness, or extra zeal, or spamming.

Good idea! Thanks.

in Elementalist

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Warhorns are usually passive with boons, so that’s why people don’t like them much.

People want a weapon that does actual damage, such as an axe, pistol, or a sword. We don’t know what the actual skills will be, but i seriously doubt it’s going to be anything like these other off-hand weapons. At least with the Mesmer’s shield, it does pretty amazing damage skills, but if this new warhorn is anything like current warhorns, then it’s going to be useless.

Look at what your saying though. You countered your own argument. Shield on most classes is defensive is it not? Very low dps if any. And here we have chronomancer with a spec that will have the shield doing a good chunk of damage.

They took a passive weapon . Made it dps . There’s nothing saying the same can’t be done for the ele and warhorn.

I’m mainly talking about the immersion & visualization of a weapon, not the actual damage numbers or anything.

A shield is different. It’s been used as an offensive weapon in historical battles, but a warhorn is way different. You don’t see warhorns being used in movies or games as an offensive weapon in popular culture or whatever.

It’s just lame and boring like the scepter, but at least the scepter makes sense for an elementalist since it’s more magical. A warhorn is more suited for scouting roles in lore and fantasy in general.

A sword would’ve been better, or a new weapon such as a wand.

Anyway, warhorn just doesn’t make sense for a magical class like elementalist, from an immersion and fantasy setting. That’s what i’m trying to say.

in Elementalist

Posted by: DeviantShark.6548

DeviantShark.6548

We don’t know yet how mechanics will change…
Also, while bolt would fit (thematically) to elementalist, I do not think other swords would really, but that’s just a subjective point of view

But when I hear people talking about how fricking op the elitespec must be in order to beat out any of the core-specs, i believe this shows what state elementalist is in.

Also a game-wide comparison between sword and warhorn would show that a sword can fit in seven spots, while a wh can only fit in 3 (9 to 4 with the release of the expac).

playing elementalist myself, I am really curious, what the wh will bring us, since I funnily enough do not want just more raw damage (since we do have a lot of raw damage already) – also looking at the utilities, i am really interrested in seing them, since I do not have the slightest clue which they could be, and how they could work.

If you are glad you didn’t buy the expac, i can’t say much more than that I am happy for you, that you saved some money, also being happy for myself since there will be one person less being able to rant about the elementalist in the new zones.

Squirreltail? What’s that? [AUT] Oachkatzlschwoaf
We are constantly looking for Guildmembers which contribute to an awesome community

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

So can we get a list started of the players who will absolutely boycott ele warhorn? So if i log into WvW or run across you in PvE on your ele you should never be using the new spec. For PvP we’ll have to use the honor system though…

But i have a strong feeling warhorn will offer some pretty neat stuff many might enjoy using even if it edges out their preference for other offhands. But we should just wait and see.

in Elementalist

Posted by: yhvh.8703

yhvh.8703

Where is written that the elementalist warhorn MUST behave like an already existing warhorn being a support offhand, etc?

I mean, I simply don’t understand why people are reacting like this without even knowing the proper facts, only based on a preview watercolor painting that says nothing else, lol?

Because, we know the profession. We know where its strengths and weaknesses lie.

So, let’s take the two popular 2 weapon builds: Scepter/Focus and Dagger/Focus. Scepter, while it is a big pile of crap, does provide 2 blast finishers. Because we are ele’s and in PvE we will always take the fury coming from our fire fields…we need access to a fire field on Warhorn in order for it to be considered an alternative using the Scepter.

For the dagger, Focus brings two blast finishers…which means warhorn in order to be considered an alternative must have a minimum of two blast finishers.

Alternatively, it could provide the equivalent amount of might and fury…which would mean that warhorn functions like it does for other professions.

BUT WAIT, there’s more! Focus also provides: Unblockable chill (Water 4), a huge projectile destruction sphere (air 4), projectile reflection (earth 4), condition cleanse (earth 4), and an invulnerability skill (earth 5).

So because we have to choose between Warhorn and Focus, warhorn MUST bring something that is more useful than all the above in PvE. (I don’t do PvP, but i presume the list is just as long).

Now, you might ask: “Why does it have to compete?” Simple answer…because otherwise it won’t be used. If Focus can provide more to a fight than a Warhorn, why bring the Warhorn? It becomes a non-choice. And the answer isn’t to nerf focus. Focus is great. It’s our second best weapon. We just want something to pair with it so Staff in PvE has some competition. And even then, there’s a good chance that Staff might not be the best DPS in the upcoming xpac. Staff is ONLY good when the boss stands still…so new AI could make staff just a viable choice. And now…Ele’s are rightfully kittened.

No, I’d never ask that because I really think it HAS to compete. But not with the same flavor. I think anet can really put some abilities there that bring stuff that ele has no access yet, or even odd ways of doing things. Yes, the focus is in a really good place right now, but judging by the recent trait design, you can guess that anet really wants to put stuff out there that will give people a hard time to decide wich one to pick.

But anyways, you can be totally right in your predictions, wich is bad, sadly. But I think the riot can wait a few days until the details comes out.

in Elementalist

Leo G.4501

I really encourage y’all to turn into Points of Interest on Friday on our Twitch channel. They’ll be showing the warhorn and skills and all that good stuff, and then you can better get a view of how it works as the Elementalist’s elite specialization.

We don’t dislike The specialization, we dislike The choice for The new weapon. It’s a bad choice, a poor choice. It has nothing to do with the new mechanics.

It is just that The warhorn is simply not a very interesting weapon, most players dislike it on most classes. Oh, The skills are not The issue, it is the weapon itself. It’s just not “sexy”, especially when compared to other more interesting weapons.

I think you guys failed on that (poor) choice for our weapon.

Coming from the majority voice that needs more greatswords, huh?

in Elementalist

Posted by: yhvh.8703

yhvh.8703

I’m not going to trust anything until we get the mechanics of how the Tempest will work.
I am disappointed because endgame is about skins and how you look, warhorns are small and most of them just look blah! I’d be happier if we were getting swords because there are so many great skins for them.

Some people maybe happy with WH or disappointed, but it will really come down to the skills. But still I like to constantly make my character look as awesome as possible and WH just isn’t going to cut it!!

I’m not going to comment saying warhorn is good, but i’ve look though warhorn skins and I like a few. My only problem is the l-skills we are going to get, and that is what I don’t like about warhorn.

But we don’t even know the skills yet. And please don’t say WH has to have X or Y types of skill… : /

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alurazle.5430

Alurazle.5430

Someone better pick up that phone…cause I called it CONFIRMED WARHORN YASS!

Dragonbrand4life

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

Someone better pick up that phone…cause I called it CONFIRMED WARHORN YASS!

Jeez, thanks…. Can we go after you with torches and pitchforks now?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fade.1743

Fade.1743

Oh, I wholehearted agree that IF the two mainhands were comparable to staff then this would be a much more interesting choice.

My optimistic prediction is that we were never going to get sword. All of the sword skills were the same as daggers besides the auto-attacks. We assumed that this meant they were a work-in-progress. However, I’m starting to think that they were testing how they could redo dagger and give it actual auto-attacks. By making it a different weapon but with the exact same numbers, they can give a very accurate side-by-side comparison.

And Anet has said they don’t want elite specs to fix the problems the base professions have. Engineer and Elementalist were the only professions that lacked melee cleave and an auto-attack chain. (As Necromancer has gotten better cleave with its dagger, though still limited) Both had ways to hand it with their utilities. However, Engineer lost its weapon abilities while toolkit was put on…so overall they only gave up 1 utility slot. Elementalist had to give up their entire weapon slot, their profession mechanic, AND a utility slot in order to get a “weapon” that didn’t even have full duration.

Lightning Hammer was said to get a nerf in the June 23rd patch…but it didn’t. Which means they’re fine with the way it is. In the end, Elementalist lacks a real melee weapon without having to resort to giving up everything.

So, we needed better main hand options and…a melee weapon. Dagger does have plenty of utility, but in order to be comparable to staff…it has to take fresh air to use lightning whip. Coming from a software developer background the issue is: Elementalists need a strong main hand to compete with staff, lack a real melee option, will be the only profession to completely lack a key mechanic, and will be shoehorned into one weapon choice without such an update (at least in PvE), and we need to fix that without requiring any expansion.

I’d think giving Dagger a true AA chain can fix pretty much all these issues. What if ALL auto-attacks were just as good as Lightning Whip? Then to be remotely viable, Fresh Air would be a choice rather than a mandatory selection. This could lead to less air camping so Air specialization might not be as mandatory with Dagger. And this would solve the problem…for every elementalist.

Honestly, I know this is just way too kitten ed optimistic…but if they announce something like that…by the Alchemy will so much of the rage and fire go down from Ele. Yeah, no one will get sword, but we get what sword was going to give us…without getting another weapon. Then on top of that we get Warhorn. 2 weapons. Hard to argue. Anet is hailed as heroes. GG;WP.

Magichemist Zeke – Asura Elementalist [TC]
An Insane(ly Intelligent) Genius!
“Did you just tell me the rules? Never tell me the rules!”

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mithrilos.8036

Mithrilos.8036

oh Warhorn ? nice ! But Charrs are going to be angry !
Nice touch for the lore and all !
can’t wait to see the spec

Mithrilos Wildwill[SNIP] – You know that Charr sniper from Vizunah…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nighty.9721

Nighty.9721

Ah… no, warhorn skins are bad.
And the weapon itself lacks appeal.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Treetoptrickster.4205

Treetoptrickster.4205

To anyone who’s instantly going to respond with a warhorn complaint, please read through the whole post first (mwahaha your week is booked). I’m up for civil debates in the comments. Ahead of time, I’m not saying warhorn’s definitely going to fix anything or that it will be better than sword would be. Just that I personally think it’ll be cool and that we should wait and see the new stuff before we can say that warhorn sucks and that it doesn’t add anything to the class. If that turns out to be the case I’d be more than happy to complain to Anet, but not about choosing warhorn over sword, just that they did a shoddy job with their elite spec.

Is there anyone out there who’s interested in what’ll be coming to ele and happy or intrigued by what warhorn and what may bring? I’m really excited/worried to see how Anet portrays that weapon in the hands of a theme like the elementalist. I’m hoping… interesting abilities. I’d definitely be disappointed if it’s just an ele-fied version of other warhorns. If you want to feel free to type below any datamines or concepts you have for what the trait line, mechanics, or weapon will have to give.

Now we get to the sword vs warhorn problem…

I was ok with eles getting sword and definitely wanted to see what it was about and then decide whether or not to use it, but I just thought it was an overused weapon that probably wouldn’t bring anything new to the game since the auto chain appeared kinda bland. I was excited by the fact that it was an auto CHAIN, though. When I saw the warhorn datamine I was thinking “Hmm, this could be neat.” I just think there’s a lot of creative wiggle room with warhorn since it’s a fair bit more mystic than a sword. Not saying there aren’t cool skills on the sword for some professions – looking at you guardian and revenant – I just wasn’t really looking forward to yet another set of skills revolving around the same cleaving and mobility as other sword sets, but just elementalist themed. I looked at sword with the same prejudice based on existing skills as some are looking at warhorn. The class might need all that the sword could offer, but I’m just saying that I wasn’t too excited to get what so many others already have. I also thought that melee skills and mobility are already partially covered by the dagger so unless the sword was very unique (like I’m hoping warhorn will be) there would just be overlap. For all we know sword could’ve sucked and failed the class more than warhorn might.

To all the warhorn nay-sayers out there, complaining about the skills it offers being useless, OP, or UP compared to other off-hand weapons simply isn’t a valid complaint at this point since we all have NO solid info on what skills it has. Yes, it will fight with focus an /d but any new weapon would, and that’s not a bad thing so long as it fits its own unique niche although I’ll admit I can’t come up with one. I only really have sympathy for those who wanted another viable main hand, wanted the sword play style, a chain AA, or a new main/two hander simply so that we would get more new skills than an off hand provides. Wanting a melee option isn’t really something I can agree is a valid reason due to every skill in the game being able to be used at melee range. Wanting skills that aid in melee combat, however, I can agree with, but we already have a number of skills that do so with the focus and the dagger such as auras, mobility, defense, and PB AOEs. There are some other reasons that are valid such as a hating warhorn animations, although for all we know the tempest may not even have to blow in it. Not liking any warhorn skins works too. Point is, most viable complaints are just that. Viable. They just shouldn’t make people automatically disqualify the notion that warhorn could be a good at what it’ll do and be an interesting off hand option.

The class may be lacking in multiple departments, but so far it has been and still is one of the strongest in the game even though it ironically doesn’t have some elements that other classes have. I say instead of worrying about what it didn’t get we should be excited or at least interested in what it may get.

TLDR: Looking for others who are excited for Tempest. Don’t hate warhorn for not being sword, wonder what it could be and wait and see weather it should be welcomed into the class.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

I really don’t get people like you. What’s so cool about warhorn? (…) Ele has no true melee, dagger is short range PBAoE

What’s so cool about sword? Short range pbaoe is strictly better than ‘true melee’ so I don’t see how not being truly melee is actually a problem for dagger. If anything, the thing that ele is missing is a single target ranged weapon, but even then that’s more an issue of scepter balance than something the elite spec should be doing.

Sword and warhorn are nothing. All that matters is what skills the spec gains.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

Not to read too much into the artwork, but where’s the mainhand weapon?

Empty mainhand? Warhorn a two handed weapon?

Pretty sure Mesmer picture didn’t have a main hand in the picture either.

Well, mesmer’s was (mostly) out of the picture. But that’s why I qualified it as trying not to read too much into it.

It’s in the ele’s left hand, main hands are always held in the right hand.

I am aware. I was try to make a joke/keep the hype going about an empty main hand set of skills to accompany warhorn, much like how the thief #3 skill is different with no offhand equipped.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Elementalist

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

Before people figured how to survive with an ele,eles were not used, ok, but it was a problem with the players, not the profession. You would see groups of 5 warriors. People didnt even blast fire fields, etc etc. Dont blame the class. Right now, eles are meta in all the game modes, that should tell you something.

And what are you talking about bursty spec? Try scepter with icebow and electric storm, if you dont melt everything in your path it’s because you cast everything in the wrong place…

Seems like you misunderstood me.

PvP: first few months after the launch ele was considered bad but then players learnt how to play (defensive specs). But then it was nerfed to the ground in the dhuumfire patch and for almost a year it was the worst class in pvp (meta was hambows, dhuumfire necros, spirit rangers). Only after celestial buff and revert to some of the most crucial aspects of tanky eles they became powerful as we see currently.

PvE: for about a year after the launch ele was considered non-meta due to the reasons you mentioned.

Now, when I mean viable burst spec I mean mostly pvp because fresh air is currently a niche. Your icebow with glyph of storm is used in pve with staff builds (currently the only meta build) which is mostly about sustainable damage.

Regardless, warhorn will probably won’t be used in pve at all outside play-how-you-want circles. This offhand not only has to be stronger than already strong dagger offhand and focus but also has to make dagger mainhand (scepter is just weak) stronger than staff (which is already borderline op). Good luck with that. Seems like the spec will be used mostly for traits/utilities rather than the new offhand (like longbow for dragonhunter in pve which most likely be ridiculed in team-based activities).

in Elementalist

rotten.9753

What’s so cool about sword? Short range pbaoe is strictly better than ‘true melee’ so I don’t see how not being truly melee is actually a problem for dagger. If anything, the thing that ele is missing is a single target ranged weapon, but even then that’s more an issue of scepter balance than something the elite spec should be doing.

Sword and warhorn are nothing. All that matters is what skills the spec gains.

Single target ranged weapon? Do you mean scepter?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chobits.2430

Chobits.2430

Good Post.

It isn’t often that I read a post anywhere on these forums where I don’t come away feeling dumber and wondering why I read these forums.

I’m excited to see what new mechanics come with the elite spec and warhorn.

I love playing my Ele. Maybe I’ll like the Elite Spec and maybe I wont. If I don’t care for the playstyle, I’ll just keep playing the same Ele I’ve always played and loved.

in Elementalist

rotten.9753

Yes, it will fight with focus an /d but any new weapon would, and that’s not a bad thing so long as it fits its own unique niche although I’ll admit I can’t come up with one.

PvE wise, it will fight with neither focus nor offhand dagger. It will fight with staff. And I’m reluctant to believe it can make mainhand dagger better than staff.

in Elementalist

Treetoptrickster.4205

Yes, it will fight with focus an /d but any new weapon would, and that’s not a bad thing so long as it fits its own unique niche although I’ll admit I can’t come up with one.

PvE wise, it will fight with neither focus nor offhand dagger. It will fight with staff. And I’m reluctant to believe it can make mainhand dagger better than staff.

Of course other weapons would still be more useful in certain situations. We can’t rule out that warhorn could be good for PvE yet, though. I’m just trying to say in my post that we can’t say warhorn will be bad at what it’s supposed to be able to do.

Elite specs weren’t really made to be better than the base class, they’re supposed to open up a new style of play and I’m hoping that Tempest will fulfill that goal. I’m also hoping that warhorn will be a weapon that people will have a reason to use, not a weapon that overshadows every other option. Since new stuff is exciting people are naturally going to be expecting and wanting to be able to use whatever’s fresh everywhere but that’s not how it’s going to work :/ Tempest and warhorn will just have their own place in the game so I don’t think it’s a problem that you’d still want to run staff for PvE.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

1. Elementalists are like the best class in the game, so stop complaining. It’s so so horrible that you can’t do anything in pvp without water and arcane, all that sustain must get so boring compared to playing necromancer and being hammer trained time and time again.

2. We don’t know what the warhorn or elite spec will do at all, so complaining about a weapon is foolish when you have little more than a speculative guess about what it will do.

3. You can spec into tempest without using the warhorn, after all it could offer great things for D/D ele in terms of new utilities. Honestly most mesmers that spec into chronomancer will take torch over shield, and I can guarantee that. Meanwhile the necro GS is so slow that it won’t be a given take on many pvp builds with all t he blind spam right now.

4. There are tons of great warhorn skins available if you’re able to drop the coin on black lion skin. I have howler so it’s not my concern, but there are plenty of other warhorn skins that would go awesome with my Ele like the tempest warhorn or the ley line warhorn (I have all the leyline Ele weapons).

In what world will a mesmer take torch over shield? You think a stealth skill on a 24-30 sec cd on a weapon with a terrible phantasm is gonna override a weapon that can generate 2 phantasms with one skill, phantasms that cleave, and has an aoe stun not to mention it’s the one weapon with alacrity granting capacity?

What are you smoking?

Do you even play mesmer in pvp? I remember most of your posts are pve posts, and I don’t really care about that anymore. The pledge is an amazing tool for setting up bursts, disengaging, and avoiding being targeted. Glass Mesmer specs die incredibly fast to focus fire in teamfights once their defensive cooldowns have been blown. The torch gives them the best way to avoid that focus fire in a teamfight among its other uses.

The shield has potential teamfight utility as well I do admit, but the 2 blocks it gives do very little for your survivability compared to the stealth. The phantasms are irrelevant in pvp, as they’re basically just shatter fodder and neither of them are high DPS phantasms in power builds to begin with. I see its potential, but I honestly feel that stealth works better, and most of the top mesmer players I know agree with me. Shatter mesmers will still run Greatsword and either staff or sword/torch depending on map and team composition. Shield will probably work most on niche support based specs rather than damage oriented ones.

Now this is the Ele forums, so I think we should get back to focusing on Eles, because you thinking I’m wrong because I know more about mesmer in pvp than you, is a point of discussion that doesn’t belong here.

No, you’re simply someone so deluded about the value of personal stealth over granting your team an aoe ranged stun that also buffs them in teamfights. Sword/torch is a recent thing, mesmers have been participating in tpvp without torch long before that, and the torch was mainly forced on the spec due to thieves, who are no longer as much of a problem.

Though it’s cute you would parade pvp credentials as if anyone knew who the hell you are. Credentials worth nothing for the kind of individual who dismisses a weapon and phantasms he hasn’t even tested himself considering chronomancer has been unavailable to the public lol.

in Elementalist

Posted by: DeviantShark.6548

DeviantShark.6548

I do want to say that arenanet has the possibility to add a bunch of warhorn skins to the game, if needed. (With you know… the expac..)

Squirreltail? What’s that? [AUT] Oachkatzlschwoaf
We are constantly looking for Guildmembers which contribute to an awesome community

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

He’s not saying that it has to be necessarily better than staff, just that it can be a viable alternative. Currently staff is so much better than any other weapon set in PvE that nothing really comes close to it’s effectiveness. It has everything rolled in one, heals, massive damage, reflect and so on. Without making Warhorn so much more powerful than Dagger offhand or Focus offhand it won’t be able to compete with the staff in PvE.

As for ytour question in the OP – I’m not excited, but I’m not down either. I will wait to see the mechanics released for the class. It’s very possible that like Chronomancer, the elite spec and it’s utilities interest me where the new weapon didn’t interest me at all. I can see this being the case here, that I will severely dislike warhorn but the spec itself may have merit.

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

in Elementalist

Posted by: Maris.3164

Maris.3164

Nah. They would need to start over and go to Elementary school.

All this rage on the forum is because we don’t have the warhorn to channel their inner tempest yet. Some people are just a bit wind up, it will most certainly blow over.

Thank you for this, made me laugh^^

Seriously though, people need to wait and see what it’ll be like. I understand warhorn is kind of a lame weapon on the other professions that have it but I doubt it’ll be that bad on ele. My only real problem with it is the boring, awful skins that most warhorns have.

in Elementalist

rotten.9753

Of course other weapons would still be more useful in certain situations. We can’t rule out that warhorn could be good for PvE yet, though. I’m just trying to say in my post that we can’t say warhorn will be bad at what it’s supposed to be able to do.

What other situations? All ele weapons are versatile but if one of them is above others with a considerable margin (which was even increased with the recent specs patch) then I’m very skeptical.

The question is, in which area will warhorn try to excel? If it’s niche enough or not needed then this weapon is pointless.

Elite specs weren’t really made to be better than the base class, they’re supposed to open up a new style of play and I’m hoping that Tempest will fulfill that goal. I’m also hoping that warhorn will be a weapon that people will have a reason to use, not a weapon that overshadows every other option. Since new stuff is exciting people are naturally going to be expecting and wanting to be able to use whatever’s fresh everywhere but that’s not how it’s going to work :/ Tempest and warhorn will just have their own place in the game so I don’t think it’s a problem that you’d still want to run staff for PvE.

The problem with this reasoning is that ele as a profession cannot swap weapons. Unlike other proffs, you cannot use alternative weapon sets. That’s why it’s so crucial for warhorn to be decent enough.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

Ill wait for the Dev’s explanation. And if it’s bad, I’ll switch to main Revenant.

They have heavy armor, dual sword, and 30 skills

20 skills. 10 for each half of the bar.

Eles have 25 skills.

If quantity of skills available to you was your primary concern, you’d be sticking with Ele.

Engineer actually if # of skills counted :P Weapons 5, med kit 5, #1ukit 5, #2 ukit 5, #3 ukit 5, Mortart 5, 5 toolbelt skills. Total of 35 skills.

in Elementalist

Posted by: magikfox.9658

magikfox.9658

What happens if, much like the glyphs, the Tempest warhorn weapon skills were the same between all attunements, and only changed slightly based on attunement? And they shared the same cooldown…

Imagine if that happened! OMG, did I jinx it?

Song The Fox
~(-_-~) RALL (~`3`)~
[FOX]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Notsoperky.4291

Notsoperky.4291

I could care less what weapon it is,all i want to know is what it does, and how it fits in with other weapons (can we swap) and skills and builds.

in Elementalist

Killyox.3950

well , gj at kittening it up anet , cant belive we get such a useless piece of kitten , majority of ppl i talked to wanted the sword so bad and new we get that junk

and not to mention that fantasy wise it would make more sense that an ele can create a sword from fire or lighting to fight and a kittening warhorn belongs to the warriors , who the kitten thinks of a warhorn when you talk about elementalists

i was looking so much forward to the new weapon and new we get that junk , im incredible dissapointed and i think you have made a huge mistake anet

i simply lost any to motivation to play ele at all, guess i will spend my time on thief/mes from now on

Oh, you already know what weapon skills and utility skills the Tempest Specialisation will get? Please share us your inside knowledge!

its a kittening warhorn , useless piece of kitten , no matter the skills the sowrd would always be better

Your exaggeration is not funny even. Always? Hardly. Sword 1 hit once, sword 2 hit twice sword 3 hit thrice. whoop-e-dooo!

Warhorn – kill everyone on the map

Skills make a weapon. Give them a chance.

in Elementalist

Killyox.3950

This actually makes me excited about making an ele. Sword would have been boring, warhorn is much cooler!

I really don’t get people like you. What’s so cool about warhorn? The same animations for most of the skills? The very similar skills warhorn has across the classes? The fact it’s usually some kind of buff/support weapon? Or the idea ele could summon storms, which is already does with 7 skills btw?

Ele has no true melee, dagger is short range PBAoE, scepter is midrange and trash. There’s seriously so little option in the mainhands and we got enough offhands that are great already. What sense does it make to give eles offhand?

That right there is definition of melee. Otherwise you can as well say warrior’s GS or axe oh etc is not melee but pbaoe :P

in Elementalist

Treetoptrickster.4205

Could you elaborate a bit more on your points? I’m not really understanding where your concern lies and what you think the warhorn has to be. From what I gather you’re saying that the staff already does so much and so well that the warhorn won’t be used due to the staff simply being better at what the warhorn tries to achieve. Are you basically saying that the warhorn has to be stronger than everything other than staff to be seen as
good enough to be used over staff?

If so my response is that the staff relies on targeted aoe, is slow, and lacks very much mobility or flat out burst. It’s very versatile in role like every ele weapon, but not so much in how it plays. It has its weaknesses where you’d rather pick other options. I think that warhorn will be another one of those options that you’d pick because it’s right for the job but not for others like the staff. In order to be successful it just has to be unique, strong, and cool enough at what it does to see play, not better at what other weapons do than they are.

Anyways, the main idea of the original post was just that we shouldn’t be overreacting to warhorn because we don’t know what it could offer us that sword or existing weapons can’t, not what that is because at this point, we just don’t know it. We just have to remain open to the possibility of it either going well or failing miserably.

(edited by Treetoptrickster.4205)

in Elementalist

Raif.9507

Warhorn – kill everyone on the map

Skills make a weapon. Give them a chance.

You’re overly optimistic. Wish I could have that optimism. I fear it will be support oriented based on current versions of the warhorn. I can always be pleasantly surprised though!

(edited by Raif.9507)

in Elementalist

Posted by: magestik.4132

magestik.4132

Even if we had got sword, it could have been sword offhand. So same power with a different weapon. I find it better to have a weapon who fit the specialisation.

And about the specialisation. It’s not an upgrade to ele, it’s a different way to play it.
So maybe they could even remove the 4 attunement, to make a different way to play ele.
For exemple there is always a storm around the ele, and using f1-4 can change the nature of the storm.

in Elementalist

Posted by: drkn.3429

drkn.3429

Maining ele since the headstart – i don’t give a rat’s kitten whether it’s a warhorn, a sword, or your grandma’s knitting set. It’s the skills and overall specialisation that count.
Then again, i’m from the old age of gaming when graphics / visual design weren’t the most important factor.

in Elementalist

Posted by: thelafman.9143

thelafman.9143

Warriors, Rangers, Necros empower their allies, summon or call birds/insects with their warhorns. Eles are heavier spellcasters! They can channel a lot more stuff through a warhorn. Look at it as a different ’’focus’’ for their spells.

I for one thrilled if we’d get a warhorn mainhand. W/D or W/F would be awesome. It could give us fields and finishers we don’t have access to in our current mainhands that would compliment nicely those we have offhands.

Let’s say an ‘’earth’ storm could give us a Dark field or even be a Whirl finisher. An ’’air’’ storm could give us even more crazy mobility ( W/D with RtL and Updraft) with a gust of wind propelling us the enemies, being a leap finisher and a lightning field on landing. More leaps would mean more auras which can synergize well with other ele stuff.

TL:DR Warhorn main hand ftw and much love to Warriors, Rangers and Necros

Selena of the Wolf – level 80 Elementalist – Ehmry Bay

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mantheren.5428

Mantheren.5428

Looking at that image there appears to possibly be some sort of beam coming from the warhorn mouthpiece going to the storm overhead.

So perhaps the tempest is using the warhorn in the opposite direction it would normally be used.

So drawing air in through the bell and out through the mouth piece, then infusing the beam of air with an element and directing it into a tempest like storm.

If it works anything like that I might feel it at least fits with the elementalist theme.
Since we can not really blow on it anyway. How were we going to cast our spells with our mouth wrapped around the mouth piece? Using it inverted seems interesting at least.

in Elementalist

Posted by: drkn.3429

drkn.3429

Maining ele since the headstart – i don’t give a rat’s kitten whether it’s a warhorn, a sword, or your grandma’s knitting set. It’s the skills and overall specialisation that count.
Then again, i’m from the old age of gaming when graphics / visual design weren’t the most important factor.

in Elementalist

Posted by: doddbox.8153

doddbox.8153

All but 3 classes have access to Sword which is already too many, especially when you consider Rifle/Hammer are only available to two classes respectively.

very special guild tag [tX]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

I can’t understand why ppl complain when they haven’t even seen the skill set yet. Not to mention why would you want another close range dagger-like weapon… Warhorn seems interesting.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

What is skill 4 summoned a storm and skill 5 moved it around like Revenant Tablet?

That could be cool actually.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

What if Warhorn 4 summoned a Storm, and Warhorn skill 5, moved it around like Revenant Tablet. That could be pretty cool.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

Wait untill they reveal the skills of the Tempest. It can be really OP!
And if you want you can chose to use Tempest without the Warhorn! Big Revelation!!!

I really like the idea of the warhorn. I’m waiting for a sword, but also a good warhorn can make us strongher.

Actually the Warhorn is prevalently used to support our allies (only necro use it to support itself and deal daze/damage). What if the warhorn become a good chance to deal damage by calling down storms of lightnings, ice, sand and fire?

I would like to see a big bad ele coming to me covered with a storm of fire! That will be Epic!!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

OMG I’ve been wanting warhorn for sooooo long on the elementalist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not really.

But…i actually had!! =_=

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Elementalist

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

As long as we don’t have to blow it i’m ready to give it a try. If the ele uses it more like a focus, with animations like xmen’s storm, floating around, with elemental gaze, calling powerful winds, storms, lightings, tornadoes, ripping rocks appart and make them fly, i’d be ok with the terrible aesthetics of the weapon…

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

in Elementalist

Posted by: magestik.4132

magestik.4132

A specialisation doesn’t have to be stronger than the main class.
Specialisation is about playing differently each class.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Akikaze.1307

Akikaze.1307

Feels bad man….

I bought the ultimate…. ugh…. feeling major regret since I saw the teaser pic.

And that’s why there was like dozen threads telling people to not pre-purchase until you know what’s actually in the expansion.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bio Flame.4276

Bio Flame.4276

I really encourage y’all to turn into Points of Interest on Friday on our Twitch channel. They’ll be showing the warhorn and skills and all that good stuff, and then you can better get a view of how it works as the Elementalist’s elite specialization.

We don’t dislike The specialization, we dislike The choice for The new weapon. It’s a bad choice, a poor choice. It has nothing to do with the new mechanics.

It is just that The warhorn is simply not a very interesting weapon, most players dislike it on most classes. Oh, The skills are not The issue, it is the weapon itself. It’s just not “sexy”, especially when compared to other more interesting weapons.

I think you guys failed on that (poor) choice for our weapon.

“Our” weapon isn’t a fair thing to say. Neither is “we” Thematically the warhorn has the ability to fit perfectly with a tempest. Storm caller. Whatever. And it’s “appeal” is going to be relative to the individual. If this weapon does some pretty awesome stuff then hey. Its awesome

And please tell us. What you mean by " New mechanics" what new mechanics do you know of that this particular warhorn will be synergizing with ?

We have no clue…… We don’t know…. It’s very un reasonable to say this weapon doesn’t work with game mechanics, and should not be called poor till Friday

I think you so busy multi-posting and trying to white knight any opinions that you don’t even read what people post.

I was clear when I said that the player’s dislike for the warhorn has nothing to do with the Tempest Spec, whatever it is. It has nothing to do with the new mechanics, whatever they are. It has nothing to do with the new skills regardless if they will be good or bad skills.
The warhorn is not “sine qua non” to the Tempest spec. ANET could arguably switch any skills from one weapon and slap them on another weapon and they would work fine. It just a line of code
(Oversimplified, but you get my point)

And you can’t argue that the warhorn ties well with Tempest (how do you know?) but then argue that people can’t complain about the warhorn because we don’t know nothing about the Tempest spec.
Sounds illogical but that was your argument.

I said that warhorn, as a weapon choice is a poor choice. It’s not a “sexy” weapon, it’s not an interesting weapon.
And again, this does not mean that I am defending another Greatsword.
I am merely pointing out that, of all the choices available for a new weapon for Elementalists, warhorn is probably one of the top2 worst choices (arguably tied with Torch?).

Let’s see what was theoretically available to Elementalists as NEW weapons: Rifle, LongBow, Short Bow, Greatsword, Hammer, Sword, Axe, Mace, Pistol, Shield, Torch, Warhorn.
(For now, let’s just ignore that some conjures would overlap)

That’s 12 possible choices (if I didn’t forget any).
Now, if you would do a poll concerning the most interesting weapons (not skill-wise, mind you, just interesting), or the most wanted weapons, you can be sure that Warhorn would rank really, really, reaaaaaaaally low.

Before any white knights start white knighting again, I am not saying I know which one of the 12 would rank higher, but one can pretty much guess that warhorn would rank lower/lowest of all.
One doesn’t need to be a rocket-scientist for that, one merely has to play GW2 and talk to other players for the past 3 years, and see/listen how people feel about off-hand weapons, especially the Torch and Warhorn, for all classes. One only has to look while playing the game and see how many people play warhorns or talk about how awesome they are.

Are there people that LOVE warhorns? Of course there are.
But does the MAJORITY of the players love warhorns? No.
(disclaimer – before people spout nonsense again, no, I am not championing for Greatswords. In fact, there are more interesting, less used weapons to use).

TLDR: There were/are far more interesting options for a new weapon, as far as Elementalists are concerned. It has nothing to do with the new Spec (which we know nothing about), it has nothing to do with the new mechanics (which we know nothing about), it has nothing to do with the new skills (which we know nothing about).
The weapon itself….it’s just not interesting.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Scizzor.8137

Scizzor.8137

All warhorns are fugly as sin. Enjoy your fugly skins eles.

in Elementalist

Raif.9507

I keep seeing people state that the elite spec can be OP. We don’t want OP. OP is bad for the game and bad for the class. OP means it’s way too powerful, way too good and pushes aside all other current builds. That is not what you should want.

I also see many people stating the fact it can call down storms and do much damage and that’s what will make it awesome. I’m not sure what elementalist you’re playing, but we already do this in PvE (Meteor Shower, Frost Volly, Glyph of Storms) and this wouldn’t change the playstyle nor add anything new or exciting to the class.

I’m all for waiting to see what the developers have up their sleeve, but please keep this in mind. You should want new and interesting mechanics that are an alternative to the current ones, not something we already currently do (call down storms, AoE boons and heals) nor something that is stronger than what we currently have. D/D ele in PvP is already very very strong and staff in PvE is king. We should look for Warhorn to provide a playstyle alternative to this.

Whether or not they deliver is something we’ll see on Friday.

in Elementalist

Leo G.4501

What if Warhorn 4 summoned a Storm, and Warhorn skill 5, moved it around like Revenant Tablet. That could be pretty cool.

Well that’s only 2 types of skills. I could probably see 2 skills out of the 8 doing that but that leaves 6 more. Some cool skill ideas I had in my head:

Flame Dijinn Conjure – Explode in a burst of flames, burning those around you and teleport to a targeted location, creating a fire field that removes 1 condition every second for 3 seconds. Call yourself back to the targeted location (within 15sec) but removes 3 boons in the process. (basically a blend of Lightning Flash and Cleansing Fire but allows for 2 teleports)

Canyon Echo – Summons a crag of mystic stone that will copy 3 of your offensive weapon skill you use within its range. (So summon it then cast Phoenix and the crag casts Phoenix too).

Avalanche – Summon a glacier that periodically casts ice spells for its duration. As it takes damage, it casts more often and more powerful spells. When destroyed, it freezes foes in a block of ice.

Could definitely fit a storm in there though. Moving it around should probably be a utility skill though. Maybe just the ability to turn off the storms with a utility skill to hasten the recharge of the storm skills instead to kind of show your prowess with control over the element.