Tempest & Warhorn confirmed – Feedback [merged]

in Elementalist

Posted by: OneKlicKill.4285

OneKlicKill.4285

they cant do main hand because foci/warhorn have less base damage than main hand 1h weps. so unless they plan on making a big change for us (lolololololol) it would be offhand

That can be easily solved by compensating on the skill base damage.

Then the scaleing between gear levels (exo/acended) would be different. making it mainhand will break their system somehow, requiring more work. leys just pray for sword, we really need a wep that can deal autos in all elements, i dont see warhorn doing autos period. they might as well make it a conjur and just say kitten it.

Please skill/trait split and give control to the PvP team. Karl is fucking killing us

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

they cant do main hand because foci/warhorn have less base damage than main hand 1h weps. so unless they plan on making a big change for us (lolololololol) it would be offhand

That can be easily solved by compensating on the skill base damage.

Then the scaleing between gear levels (exo/acended) would be different. making it mainhand will break their system somehow, requiring more work. leys just pray for sword, we really need a wep that can deal autos in all elements, i dont see warhorn doing autos period. they might as well make it a conjur and just say kitten it.

Oh I definitely agree with you. I would hate the guts of the guy who thought it was a good idea to make a warhorn spekittenil the ends of time unless he really pulled something like Chronomancer out of his hat – which seems unlikely if he thought that warhorn was a good idea in the first place.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

It’s like that Malcolm in the Middle scene: I expected nothing, and I’m still let down.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

in Elementalist

Azel.4786

It’s like that Malcolm in the Middle scene: I expected nothing, and I’m still let down.

Indeed. But I hope whatever it is it is shown soon, just to get rid of all the rumors and we either start praising the elementalist guy as our new savior our we bring out our bells and start shouting SHAME

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

TBH when I saw the datamine I was happily plugging away making the bank on the new ecto gambling. I saw the picture of the supposed Tempest warhorn, logged out and went to bed super upset.

If we get warhorn, I’m pretty sure that I’ll ask for a refund on my HoT purchase. I despise warhorn animations and design (and the idea of using it as a weapon) altogether. Not threatening or whining, but I’d just not have the desire to play my elementalist anymore and that’s pretty much the only reason I play the game.

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

in Elementalist

Posted by: Maris.3164

Maris.3164

My sympathies to all of you who main ele. Warhorn is like… The last weapon anyone wants to use. I was really expecting mainhand sword for eles but sure doesn’t look like it now. Shame.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mem no Fushia.7604

Mem no Fushia.7604

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/community/creations/Warhorn-for-Ele-share-your-ideas/first#post4487983

If devs read the forum maybe someone read that topic, get tainted and decided about warhorn, that maybe is why many suffer.

in Elementalist

Glenstorm.4059

Not threatening or whining, but I’d just not have the desire to play my elementalist anymore and that’s pretty much the only reason I play the game.

As much as I hate to say it, this is how I feel too. I don’t know if I’ll get HoT if Tempest end up being lame…the warhorn is not a good start IMO.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Piratoz.8627

Piratoz.8627

Man I was so excited for HoT, but getting warhorn would just kill any anticipation I had for the expansion. Warhorn is so lame compared to ANY of the other weapons in the game. Cmon Anet…. I really really hope that is just a gemstore skin or something. Give us swords, give us SOME kind of mainhand weapon.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Just a small disclaimer here. I’m not trying to ruin anyone’s day with this or trying to be off-the wall. I’m simply relaying a very distinct pattern I’m seeing with the standard/Ascended weapons in the database and how they are all otherwise closely related to Elite Specializations.

That said, I think they could make it work with things like bowing cincers and ashes into the eyes of enemies for burn/blind or arctic blast using the warhorb for a cone freeze effect. (CC heavy weapon) but of course, I just don’t know, but either way. I’m not trying to wreck sword dreams. Just being honest with the clues and patterns I’m seeing.

FYI, tempest having to do with wind and storms, it just isn’t that far fetched to me. So is hold off on crafting Bolts just in case.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Everyone and their mother wanted sword ele. This would be the worst class to surprise us with something different.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Elementalist

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

Everyone and their mother wanted sword ele. This would be the worst class to surprise us with something different.

You can’t say everyone, since I pretty much did not want a sword.

in Elementalist

Posted by: blubberblasen.3901

blubberblasen.3901

PLZ NO WARHORN PLZ NOT
NO
I WANT THE SWORD
NO WARHORN
ITS THE UGLIEST WEAPON IN THE GAME

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

i think if they release warhorn for ele I’ll ask for a refund… Sounds so disappointing, like another focus.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Theory: What if the data-mined “sword” skills from a long time ago, were actually just out Elite Specialization’s version of dagger skills?

What if our elite specialization changes our mainhand skills?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Divine Flavor.2016

Divine Flavor.2016

There are 6 weapons with “ascended” prefix in that datamine and they all are connected to elite specs:

Ascended Longbow -> Dragonhunter
Ascended Shield -> Chronomancer
Ascended Greatsword -> Reaper
Ascended Warhorn -> ???
Ascended Staff -> Druid
Ascended Hammer -> Engineer spec

So most probably, we will have another 3 elite specs released soon and those specs will be a druid, an engineer spec and some spec with a warhorn. That can be a thief, a revenanat or an ele (warrior already has warhorn skills). Out of those, only an ele had datamined sword (not confirmed) so I would put my money on a thief spec.

My understanding is that the only thing we really know is each class will get access to a weapon they can’t currently use. If that’s the case, Ele could get shield too, for all we know. (Yes, I’m trying to remain hopeful that it’s not warhorn.)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

It’s an expression…

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Elementalist

Divine Flavor.2016

It’s an expression…

I’m pretty sure our mothers didn’t all want swords, either.

in Elementalist

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

It’s an expression…

I know it is an express, I was just shallow and pedantic.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

It’s an expression…

I’m pretty sure all mother don’t all want warhorn, either.

in Elementalist

Divine Flavor.2016

It’s an expression…

I’m pretty sure all mother don’t all want warhorn, either.

You never know; there may be more than a few mothers with warhorns hiding under the bed.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tarkan.5609

Tarkan.5609

There are 6 weapons with “ascended” prefix in that datamine and they all are connected to elite specs:

Ascended Warhorn -> ???
Ascended Staff -> Druid

So most probably, we will have another 3 elite specs released soon and those specs will be a druid, an engineer spec and some spec with a warhorn. That can be a thief, a revenanat or an ele (warrior already has warhorn skills). Out of those, only an ele had datamined sword (not confirmed) so I would put my money on a thief spec.

My understanding is that the only thing we really know is each class will get access to a weapon they can’t currently use. If that’s the case, Ele could get shield too, for all we know. (Yes, I’m trying to remain hopeful that it’s not warhorn.)

hope its not warhorn… sword seems more likely (as stated in a few posts above)
and it likely wont be a shield as mesmers are getting one and i doubt anet will use a weapon twice for this expansion

PvP, Teef & Engi

in Elementalist

Glenstorm.4059

Ascended Warhorn -> ???
Ascended Staff -> Druid

hope its not warhorn… sword seems more likely (as stated in a few posts above)
and it likely wont be a shield as mesmers are getting one and i doubt anet will use a weapon twice for this expansion

Anet has said elite specs will give each class a weapon it hasn’t used before, but has not said they won’t be giving the same new weapon to more than one class. So it’s entirely possible that Revenants will also get shield, and Thieves will also get staff. In fact, if you look at the in-game model of the new shield, it looks Glint-related, and we already know Glint will be the elite specialization for Revenant. Similarly, the in-game model of the new staff looks like the staff the thief is holding in the new artwork that was datamined.

I think it’s pretty obvious we’ll get warhorn, as much as I hate that

in Elementalist

Divine Flavor.2016

A warhorn isn’t so bad, it kind of fits in with the whole tempest thing anyway. (which we’re sure is the point…)

Elementalists are just too cool – in the end we’ll be the ones to make warhorns cool too.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Scepter on mesmer, especially now that condi is strong, is way better than eles

in Elementalist

Posted by: Elementfury.4632

Elementfury.4632

I will be very disappointed if ele’s get warhorn. Probably going to stop playing not that Anet cares.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blazinflames.8415

Blazinflames.8415

I’m still failing to see how this is suppose to confirm a Warhorn as our new elite specialization weapon. The list also contained a Torch based on Animals, a Shield based on Glint, two different Staff’s and did y’all even looked at both hammer skins? Nothing screams Engineer or Forge about them. One even looks like the Scythe from the new Necromancers Reaper Shroud. This would also mean they are giving two elite specializations a Shield (Mesmer and Revenant) and two elite specializations a Staff (Ranger and Thief). How lame would that be? Besides those skins also look like they could be applied to all other Professions, what makes them specialization bound. IMO adding a Warhorn would be a real lame decision. Just look at the Warhorn skins we have at our disposal. There are way more Sword skins that would fit a Elementalist/Tempest better. Like many said, buying this expansion depends on the elite specialization of the Elementalist. If they screw this up I might as well not buy this expansion at all.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I’m still failing to see how this is suppose to confirm a Warhorn as our new elite specialization weapon. The list also contained a Torch based on Animals, a Shield based on Glint, two different Staff’s and did y’all even looked at both hammer skins? Nothing screams Engineer or Forge about them. One even looks like the Scythe from the new Necromancers Reaper Shroud. This would also mean they are giving two elite specializations a Shield (Mesmer and Revenant) and two elite specializations a Staff (Ranger and Thief). How lame would that be? Besides those skins also look like they could be applied to all other Professions, what makes them specialization bound. IMO adding a Warhorn would be a real lame decision. Just look at the Warhorn skins we have at our disposal. There are way more Sword skins that would fit a Elementalist/Tempest better. Like many said, buying this expansion depends on the elite specialization of the Elementalist. If they screw this up I might as well not buy this expansion at all.

Because all of the elites had two versions of their corresponding weapons, normal and Ascended. Glint is Revenants elite Specialization (assuming shield). Also it had Dragon hunters bow and reaper’s GS. None of the other skins you pointed out had ascended versions, coincidentally, they’re also all weapons that don’t seem to relate to an elite spec.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blazinflames.8415

Blazinflames.8415

Because all of the elites had two versions of their corresponding weapons, normal and Ascended. Glint is Revenants elite Specialization (assuming shield). Also it had Dragon hunters bow and reaper’s GS. None of the other skins you pointed out had ascended versions, coincidentally, they’re also all weapons that don’t seem to relate to an elite spec.

So adding 2 elite specializations with a Shield makes sense? There are 9 elite specializations and 16 weapons to choose from, yet they are giving 4 specializations the same weapons. That really looks unlikely to me. That a elite specialization has been seen with a weaponskin doesn’t directly mean that they are elite specialization bound. The sword the Mesmer holds in the trailer doesn’t look like its only suppose to be for a Chronomancer.

in Elementalist

Posted by: RyanDancePls.7351

RyanDancePls.7351

So adding 2 elite specializations with a Shield makes sense? There are 9 elite specializations and 16 weapons to choose from, yet they are giving 4 specializations the same weapons. That really looks unlikely to me. That a elite specialization has been seen with a weaponskin doesn’t directly mean that they are elite specialization bound. The sword the Mesmer holds in the trailer doesn’t look like its only suppose to be for a Chronomancer.

I know it’s hard to accept but at this point it’s 90% likely that Ele will get warhorn. The more you refuse to accept it, the more painful it will be when the time comes and they reveal that Ele is, in fact, getting warhorn.

in Elementalist

Laraley.7695

I know it’s hard to accept but at this point it’s 90% likely that Ele will get warhorn. The more you refuse to accept it, the more painful it will be when the time comes and they reveal that Ele is, in fact, getting warhorn.

Lol, you don’t know that for sure. Before it was 99% likely ele is getting sword. Nothing is sure till they actually reveal it and for the sake of the class I hope it’s not warhorn. I also can imagine what’s gonna happen on forums if it’s warhorn, majority of the people do not like the idea.

in Elementalist

Azel.4786

Lol, you don’t know that for sure. Before it was 99% likely ele is getting sword. Nothing is sure till they actually reveal it and for the sake of the class I hope it’s not warhorn. I also can imagine what’s gonna happen on forums if it’s warhorn, majority of the people do not like the idea.

We have to hold on to the hope that if it is the warhorn they are brewing the amount of rejection will make them rethink and give us something good….. And yes I expect the forum to explode if the reveal shows a warhorn and I will be there with the chaos.

in Elementalist

Laraley.7695

We have to hold on to the hope that if it is the warhorn they are brewing the amount of rejection will make them rethink and give us something good….. And yes I expect the forum to explode if the reveal shows a warhorn and I will be there with the chaos.

Well, maybe that’s their plan. Remember the supposed nerf to EA? People were worried about the viabily of ele, then they changed their mind, gave us slight buffs and suddenly people were screaming ele was saved and praising devs. Maybe they want everyone to expect the worst, so we’re satisfied with little.

in Elementalist

Azel.4786

Well, maybe that’s their plan. Remember the supposed nerf to EA? People were worried about the viabily of ele, then they changed their mind, gave us slight buffs and suddenly people were screaming ele was saved and praising devs. Maybe they want everyone to expect the worst, so we’re satisfied with little.

True, these rumors more and more smell like ANET testing the waters rather than anything else…. and I sure hope they got the feel this would be an absolute train wreck idea.

Honestly, we don’t even expect much from the specialization, all everyone cries out to is a good burst spec with maneuverability, that is it. We don’t even ask for flashy stuff like the other 3 specializations had… heck some of us are even saying we want Mantras – and mantras offer no “flashy” stuff like the other classes got.

Warhorn, if it happens, will likely be a bunch of flashy skills that will suck up development time for complete trash skills.

in Elementalist

Posted by: FFiend.4783

FFiend.4783

Erm…Guys. If we go with the data mine skills AND assume we are getting war horn, wouldn’t that just mean war horn would be a main hand weapon?

If I recall, on the data mined stuff it was around 600 range on some (which is fairly long range for a sword). What if we use the power of arcana/wind to push the elements out of the war horn?

Mini fire tornado as an auto attack? That sounds pretty cool.

in Elementalist

Posted by: sevenDEADLY.5281

sevenDEADLY.5281

I think you’re all getting played pretty hard. You’ve all suddenly forgotten the data mined skills that clearly indicate either a sword or axe or at the very least a mainhand weapon for sure. And there’s no such thing as mainhand warhorn, that’s just silly and they’re not adding new weapons to the game (thematically they wouldn’t add a weapon that is exclusively offhand to mainhand just like the refuse to add a weapon that is exclusively water (spear) to land.)

Obviously an expansion is adding more then ONE new weapon skin per weapon. So they data mine a new warhorn skin and suddenly you all just forget that skills were already data mined.

in Elementalist

Glenstorm.4059

I think you’re all getting played pretty hard. You’ve all suddenly forgotten the data mined skills that clearly indicate either a sword or axe or at the very least a mainhand weapon for sure. And there’s no such thing as mainhand warhorn, that’s just silly and they’re not adding new weapons to the game (thematically they wouldn’t add a weapon that is exclusively offhand to mainhand just like the refuse to add a weapon that is exclusively water (spear) to land.)

Obviously an expansion is adding more then ONE new weapon skin per weapon. So they data mine a new warhorn skin and suddenly you all just forget that skills were already data mined.

That was a while ago, and most of those skills were current dagger skills. It’s possible that you’re right (I certainly hope so!) but I feel that the in-game warhorn skin, trend with the other elite spec in-game weapons, and process of elimination all support the idea that warhorn indeed is our elite spec weapon, and that the sword skills were scrapped. At least for the moment.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Eaglebach.7593

Eaglebach.7593

If we follow the logic of this thread, then some class must have that “Ascended warhorn” as its new weapon. Eles need to suck it up and take one for the team.

On the other hand, thief should get warhorn so that they can blast their own smokescreen.

in Elementalist

Maris.3164

If we follow the logic of this thread, then some class must have that “Ascended warhorn” as its new weapon. Eles need to suck it up and take one for the team.

On the other hand, thief should get warhorn so that they can blast their own smokescreen.

Because warhorn is such a stealthy weapon :P I can blast my own smokescreen just fine with a shortbow and less noise^^

Also, thieves seem to be getting a staff http://imgur.com/a/cIOW3

in Elementalist

Raif.9507

If we follow the logic of this thread, then some class must have that “Ascended warhorn” as its new weapon. Eles need to suck it up and take one for the team..

No thanks. I don’t believe in taking one for the team when it can be easily avoided in this case. No class wants warhorn and ANet isn’t being forced to create a warhorn specialization as there are more weapons than classes. So far, no class has received sword as it’s specialization so there should be no reason to be “stuck” with warhorn.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Heh if you guys are just going to quit ele or even the game just because they didn’t implement the weapon you wanted (and not taking said weapon off the table), then it’s hard to say but I doubt the community would suffer losing you.

At least wait to see what it offers before raging. Sure, be upset, but to quit? Wow.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Heh if you guys are just going to quit ele or even the game just because they didn’t implement the weapon you wanted (and not taking said weapon off the table), then it’s hard to say but I doubt the community would suffer losing you.

At least wait to see what it offers before raging. Sure, be upset, but to quit? Wow.

I did overreact …this much I can admit, I may be disappointed but..in case we do get warhorn, I’ll check first hat it has to offer before passing judgment

in Elementalist

Raif.9507

I did overreact …this much I can admit, I may be disappointed but..in case we do get warhorn, I’ll check first hat it has to offer before passing judgment

I know I over-reacted, I just don’t really care. I dislike warhorn and don’t even want to see what it has to offer because the animations of using warhorn bother me.

Call me crazy, but it’s just how I feel. I may just end up not using and ignoring Tempest altogether if it is this way, or I may just leave. You may not miss me, but I’m sure my guild and friends will.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mem no Fushia.7604

Mem no Fushia.7604

Main hand Staff and off Hand warhorn high concept.

in Elementalist

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

Saying you’re quit is certainly an overreaction. However, if you would learn that your profession is getting 8 new weapon skills whose all animations are the same (blowing horn) that says something about the attitude of anet developers towards that class.

I’m saying what is almost certain, mesmers got an awful offhand but to balance that out they got f5. Eles won’t get it (too much work to be done).

Moreover, most of the revealed elite spec utilities are bland. So far we got wells, traps and shouts.

Like someone said this perfectly, I was expecting nothing and I’m still disappointed.

I lost hope in Karl long ago.

in Elementalist

Laraley.7695

Because warhorn is such a stealthy weapon :P I can blast my own smokescreen just fine with a shortbow and less noise^^

I think people take the concept art too seriously. I really doubt they would give two professions the same weapon and it’s confirmed that rangers are getting a staff.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jaetara.4075

Jaetara.4075

I love the Warhorn Idea, I have even speculated we are getting one few months ago, even if ppl kept insisting that we are getting sword cause they saw a data mine with few changes on dagger skills lol.
Well as I said this is a good idea in my opinion, warhorn seams to fit the Tempest concept, at least the one I have in mind and I even had few fun ideas for skills like:

Fire:
Fire trap: Teleport (similar to the Flashing Light) summoning a fire tornado at your previews spot. The tornado leak flames and burns foes close to it.
Fire head: Buff your self with quickness and swiftness. This skill could be also a finisher.
Water:
Acid Rain: Summon a water storm that makes enemies vulnerable and weak while healing allies.
Ice cube: Freeze (paralyze) your enemy for 1-2 seconds. (similar to Deep Freeze)
Air:
Electric Skin: (buff) Damage, weaken and blind foes that are attacking you.
Compressed Air: Through a wave of air around you damaging and dazing foes (similar to the Tequatle’s wave). This could be a finisher.
Earth:
Rough ground: Create a field that cripples and blinds foes, while giving stability to allies.
Tactical retreat: Leap backwards leaving 3 lines of earth spikes that knockdown and damage enemies.

Only down side, this Warhorn skin looks more like a Toy that a real weapon, lets hope this is just a draft. I was expecting something more shinny, maybe with golden details to the edges and some cool wind effect around it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

You’re going to be so disappointed.

in Elementalist

Maris.3164

I think people take the concept art too seriously. I really doubt they would give two professions the same weapon and it’s confirmed that rangers are getting a staff.

If you look at the thief specialization image then the datamined staff skin (I think it’s the second staff skin) you’ll notice it is indeed the same staff the thief is holding in the concept art. Also revenant seems to be getting a shield with Glint specialization, just as Chronomancer is getting a shield. I don’t think it matters that two professions are getting the same weapon, the skills and themes are all different anyway.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3aug92/datamining_upcoming_features_from_the_june_22/

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shinji.2063

Shinji.2063

If we get warhorn i might quit, i would not be able to take that kind of disappointment.

Should of never of came to ele forums. this has just killed my day, dont even want to log on anymore.