Problems with Engineers and Legendaries

in Engineer

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

Turning the hobosacks into (Batman) utility belts would be awesome. Beyond awesome, actually.

And when you swap to a kit, your weapon should be stowed on your back where the hobosack used to be.

in Engineer

Posted by: Oxstar.7643

Oxstar.7643

You consider race changes, that could actually change your build depending on racial skills, as crap, but you complain about legendaries, which are just skins and nothing else, and tells us that pure cosmetics ruined the game for you…

I think it’s time you might move to a new game where you can explore a new world.

in Engineer

Posted by: Arkham Creed.7358

Arkham Creed.7358

You consider race changes, that could actually change your build depending on racial skills, as crap, but you complain about legendaries, which are just skins and nothing else, and tells us that pure cosmetics ruined the game for you…

I think it’s time you might move to a new game where you can explore a new world.

I never said race changing was crap, I said it was never going to happen. The choice of race has too much impact on too many aspects of the game, and is too much a fundamental of the core design to be changed now. But a simple cosmetic oversight like this….if Arena Net actually cared this could be knocked out in a single Living Story patch. Less than two weeks effort by the team. Just whip up two are three new skins and spend a few hours hammering out the code. Ship it off to testing while you work on re-skinning the content and rewriting the same quest text that you use and reuse for every Living Story update.

(edited by Arkham Creed.7358)

in Engineer

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

+1

Anetpls. We want to be your favourite child too!

I ? Karkas.

in Engineer

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Great news!!

While we may not have any resources working on a fix to the hobo-sacks or legendary/kit issue, we are going to get SAB returned next month with a new world!

Oh, and don’t forget about the new Zodiac weapons!!!

And… if that wasn’t enough…. new finishers!

“higher priority and wider reaching”

in Engineer

Duke Blackrose.4981

Great news!!

While we may not have any resources working on a fix to the hobo-sacks or legendary/kit issue, we are going to get SAB returned next month with a new world!

Oh, and don’t forget about the new Zodiac weapons!!!

And… if that wasn’t enough…. new finishers!

Yeah, I like how new finishers is a higher priority than fixing an issue that turns people off to an entire profession.

in Engineer

Posted by: wondergod.2498

wondergod.2498

I also like how Anet has pretty much ignored this post for a while now. Even though this is a major issues for all PVE users of this class. Why even play it if there is no end game gear worth acquiring?

I bet if guardians or warriors had this issue it’d be fixed in a month and Anet would be reminding them every day that it’s being fix right now.

I hate to call Anet out on this, as I feel they have done a really good job at this game and fixing a lot of issues, but it’s coming up on the 1 year anniversary and all they have done is made legendaries worse for us kit users.

in Engineer

Posted by: Denwic.2607

Denwic.2607

I took a very long hiatus from this game, and they still haven’t fixed the cosmetic issues on my main?

Very disappointing, I guess it wouldn’t make sense to help a small portion of the community.

Denwic – Level 80 Engineer – Gates of Fabulousness

in Engineer

Posted by: itamar.4690

itamar.4690

Ever since i got my quip i have been wondering
why isnt the grenade kit works like the Grenade Barrage (gren kit toolbelt skill)
and by that i mean throwing the connfeti bullets thingy

in Engineer

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Great news!

We now have a miniature Set #2 out!!!!!!!

in Engineer

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

After making the freaking gloves able to hide, i am not surprised by any of the priorities ANet seems to have.

in Engineer

Arkham Creed.7358

After making the freaking gloves able to hide, i am not surprised by any of the priorities ANet seems to have.

You’re serious? When did they do that? And who wanted that? My god that seems like a waste of…well, everything. Time, money, effort, brain-cells….

in Engineer

lakdav.3694

You’re serious? When did they do that? And who wanted that? My god that seems like a waste of…well, everything. Time, money, effort, brain-cells….

With Flame and Frost update some months back, when the reward for being active in the Living Story was that over the top fused glove skin. The display option tick for the glove was not in the game on release.

in Engineer

Duke Blackrose.4981

To be fair, hiding gloves is a reasonable feature that I don’t doubt some people have happily made use of.

It’s still disappointing to see the Engineer’s aesthetic issues unfixed a year in, however.

in Engineer

lakdav.3694

Its reasonable, sure. Its useful too, even though changing a glove for something that you actually like to see on your character is as simple as…changing the freaking glove.

And then there are us. We are stuck with kit hobo-sacks. Like it or not. Good luck finding another skin for those that you may like. There isnt any.

in Engineer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

+1

Anetpls. We want to be your favourite child too!

You realize that Engineers being so loved with their insta-win Grenade Kit is the common complaint of other classes?

(Just goes to show how balanced a game is, everyone complains that the devs only love the other classes)

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Engineer

wondergod.2498

Once again legendary updates but still no word on any Engineer improvements. Its been 1 year and kit users have only received a nerf when it comes to legendaries.

Even worse still no response or confirmation that they even care.

in Engineer

Posted by: joffmonk.1285

joffmonk.1285

I never said race changing was crap, I said it was never going to happen. The choice of race has too much impact on too many aspects of the game, and is too much a fundamental of the core design to be changed now. But a simple cosmetic oversight like this….if Arena Net actually cared this could be knocked out in a single Living Story patch. Less than two weeks effort by the team. Just whip up two are three new skins and spend a few hours hammering out the code. Ship it off to testing while you work on re-skinning the content and rewriting the same quest text that you use and reuse for every Living Story update.

>>>>So rather than create another thread in the suggestions sub-forum to be swiftly buried under requests for stupid crap like race changes, mounts, and rifles for the ranger, I’m just going to outline the issue one last time here, and open it up for general discussion to see where the community at large stands, and if Arena Net remains blind to it.

uh huh…

Bettsy Boomstick -80 engy ! Helliz Arka -80 ranger
Keshana Devone -80 warrior ! Cherry Doomblossum -80 ele !
Titanica Teenytank -80 guardian

(edited by joffmonk.1285)

in Engineer

Posted by: lightsheep.8673

lightsheep.8673

It’s something we’re absolutely aware of and want to address in the future, one of my main characters is an engineer so I feel ya on this one. My poor quaggan backpack is visible like 2% of the time I play as I kit swap, never mind my weapon skins.

We’re currently focusing our engineering (programmers, not guys with net guns) resources that could work on solutions to issues like kits/skins on major systems that address issues higher priority and wider reaching like lag in large battles, LFG, custom arenas, spectator mode and so on but this issue is absolutely on our radar.

As always, please post your ideas of what you’d like to see solution wise, we love to see the fun ideas y’all come up with too!

So we have culling removed, LFG coming next patch, spectator mode, ascended weapons, revamped world bosses next patch also. Has this issue of legendaries been moved close to the top now? Update on this would be really nice thx Colin!

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

They’ll update us when they’re within a month of implementation. Not a minute before.

in Engineer

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

Not even sure if anyone looks here much anymore from the Anet side. I hope they do, and would guess they look from time to time.

New Legendary system with choosing stats. I own QUIP. On a Charr Engineer the footsteps are barley noticeable. This is after the update. I didn’t even know it had footsteps before they were so unnoticeable.

Stats selector. Pretty good. Except. I was surprised when I went to look for Givers stats. (Prec. Vit. Cond Duration) and found I can not choose that? Why not, please add this. I own a legendary but still need to transmute it to get the stats I want.

in Engineer

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Stats selector. Pretty good. Except. I was surprised when I went to look for Givers stats. (Prec. Vit. Cond Duration) and found I can not choose that? Why not, please add this. I own a legendary but still need to transmute it to get the stats I want.

They have deliberately not added Givers to Ascended/Legandary. This isnt an oversight, they did it on purpose.

So, enjoy transmuting you’re legendary down to an Exotic because of the stats you want.

in Engineer

Posted by: VIVorcha.7853

VIVorcha.7853

The problem is that Kits have dominated the toolbelt as our class mechanic.

in Engineer

Arkham Creed.7358

That is because the tool belt…well….sucks. Of all the class mechanics in the game the tool belt is the least interesting and inspired. It basically amounts to a few more utility skills (that aren’t as good as normal utility skills) and that we can’t select. Seriously, would anyone, ever, waste an actual utility slot on Ignite Ammo? Honestly? Burning damage on one attack? And the only time you would actually need it is if you’re using a rifle and don’t have the incendiary powder trait, and in that event you’re likely running a power build so a condition application is worthless.

But making a case for why we need a difference profession mechanic is an entirely separate thread. Feel free to make it.

in Engineer

Posted by: VIVorcha.7853

VIVorcha.7853

That is because the tool belt…well….sucks. Of all the class mechanics in the game the tool belt is the least interesting and inspired. It basically amounts to a few more utility skills (that aren’t as good as normal utility skills) and that we can’t select. Seriously, would anyone, ever, waste an actual utility slot on Ignite Ammo? Honestly? Burning damage on one attack? And the only time you would actually need it is if you’re using a rifle and don’t have the incendiary powder trait, and in that event you’re likely running a power build so a condition application is worthless.

But making a case for why we need a difference profession mechanic is an entirely separate thread. Feel free to make it.

I did.

It’s turned into a thread about why I lack the proper skill to appreciate the Engineer class and the 500 reasons that I should roll another class or L2P.

in Engineer

Arkham Creed.7358

I did.

It’s turned into a thread about why I lack the proper skill to appreciate the Engineer class and the 500 reasons that I should roll another class or L2P.

The internet is such a wonderful place.

/sarcasm

in Engineer

Anymras.5729

I did.

Class mechanics have nothing to do with ‘One of the most influential, widely-used skillsets removes the Engineer from the cosmetics game that dominates Living Story Gem Shop goods and the pursuit Legendaries because the devs haven’t bothered to fix it.’

I don’t use Kits if I can help it, being one of the stubborn breed known as ‘Turret Engineers,’ but how about we keep one thread on track? I’ve had the “You don’t like Kits, so you don’t like the Engineer” spiel delivered at me, too, but this thread’s about Legendaries and Kits.

in Engineer

KOPPER.1458

’They have deliberately not added Givers to Ascended/Legandary. This isnt an oversight, they did it on purpose.

So, enjoy transmuting you’re legendary down to an Exotic because of the stats you want.
"
Why was it left out on purpose? Those are the stats I want sadly.

in Engineer

Carighan.6758

Or maybe Givers was considered a mistake in hindsight due to the overly balance-changing effect Expertise already has right now, in general?

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Engineer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Next 3 actually.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Incendiary_Ammo

But yeah, they are hit or miss. I kinda like the tool kit wrench and the grenade kit barrage, and the elixir gun now has a stun breaker on top of its regeneration (thumper turret tool belt skill also has a stun break, and a 1 second stabilize).

in Engineer

KOPPER.1458

I don’t know, or really understand this. (noob in this field)

“Or maybe Givers was considered a mistake in hindsight due to the overly balance-changing effect Expertise already has right now, in general?”

in Engineer

Terrahero.9358

’They have deliberately not added Givers to Ascended/Legandary. This isnt an oversight, they did it on purpose.

"
Why was it left out on purpose? Those are the stats I want sadly.

They have not given a reason. Just commented that Givers missing on Ascended and Legendary was a deliberate choice.

Or maybe Givers was considered a mistake in hindsight due to the overly balance-changing effect Expertise already has right now, in general?

I dont know what the devs think but i believe Giver’s weapons are perfectly balanced. Giver’s statbudget is in line with other prefixes. Dont really see that many people running with them either. Unlike Berserkers, which i think is the prefix of choice.

Why would they be against actually giving players another choice of enhancing their conditions besides just condition damage? Mind you, Condition damage isnt even on Giver’s weapons. So its either a weapon with damage, or duration.

I think the devs are winding up a big nerfswing on conditions across the board. In the meantime i have 0 reason to upgrade to Ascended seeing as it doesnt affect my kits, and i’d lose desireable stats that i build the rest of my gear around.

So i am also suspecting they will in the future nerf the Exotic Giver’s weapons, they dont want to force people into a gear grind… buuuut, they want you into the gear grind.

in Engineer

Carighan.6758

Yeah I like givers, too. I just figured that it might be the reason they didn’t include it. :S

I mean, I dislike condition duration at a basic level (the trait-based one excepted), entirely because it makes conditions so difficult to balance IMO. But that’s a very basic, game-wide, issue.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ichishi.9613

Ichishi.9613

What do you expect in a game solely about warriors (and guardians as their weapon bearers)?
You know warriors got sword auto 3 reworked, got movement skills pathing fixed, and traits reworked numerous times for better synergy in builds?
Engis got ugly sacks (untouched), ugly rifle animations (not that pistol ones are better, untouched) and traits that hinder each other and whole trait lines that question the very existence of engineers in pve. In addition to rocket boots with immobile at the end of leap half of time(in addition to the invisible range-wall, teleporting to the leaping engi projectiles and unstoppable slide) and a hellish ELITE MORTAR that shoots teddy bears(damage wise) and does not work with anything engi has or knows.
That is why I am not getting legendary on engineer. Not only you can’t see it most of the time, but you can’t even benefit from it most of the time.

in Engineer

KOPPER.1458

thanks for clearing that up on Givers. Didn’t know that had commented before on that subject.

in Engineer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Why not make it so that all your kits look different when you have a Legendary? its quite simply really and its shocking that Anet released these and made it so that we have to use Kits knowing that we will be in our normal weapons for like 5-10% of a fight….

in Engineer

Terrahero.9358

To add to this, a line from the patchnotes

•Legendary weapons now have functionality to allow their inherent stat combo to be changed to any other stat combo when out of combat.

Basicly arenanet promised you Givers stats on your Legendary weapon. You could make a ticket and call them out on it.

in Engineer

Posted by: ionfone.5803

ionfone.5803

Anybody who legitimately cares about this thread’s core topic should go through and +1 every post they feel adds some value to the issue. I would love for devs to review a lot of this, but there’s a lot of fodder too. :/

If enough of the community really cares and makes that statement, maybe ANet will take the time and effort to finally address it.

in Engineer

Posted by: Iarkrad.8415

Iarkrad.8415

There are many crippling issues with engineers

Legionaries arn’t one of them

And i am fully prepared to retract this statement and every slimier one i have made about engineers thus far if you can find one ANet post that is about engineer balance, rather then crippling bugs or hobo-sacks. It shouldn’t be that hard, ANet has posted more on engineer then all other class forums (but my information is somewhat outdated.)

No more non cosmetic world event rewards. We haven’t forgotten the Ancient Karka.

in Engineer

Posted by: ionfone.5803

ionfone.5803

I don’t see how legendaries not affecting your damage with kits isn’t an important issue. Most of my ranged rotations don’t use my Predator at all for damage. My Elixer Gun, Grenades, Bombs, Tool Kit and Flamethrower all do not benefit from its legendary status. I’m better off having made an exotic pistol/shield, or p/p, to contribute as much base damage, plus the bonus of an additional sigil.

That’s pretty important if you ask me.

Granted, this particular problem is more an issue due to ascended weaponry going live more than the legendaries I guess…

in Engineer

Anymras.5729

Yeah, that’s more due to the Ascended gear level than Legendaries themselves, which are really more cosmetic than anything.

in Engineer

Posted by: FishAnna.9081

FishAnna.9081

thats why i stuck with my SD build

in Engineer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Yeah, that’s more due to the Ascended gear level than Legendaries themselves, which are really more cosmetic than anything.

Cosmetic….One of the main reasons to have a Legendary weapons. They look really cool, have great combat effects and such as well and we lose out on that as we barely spend that much time outside of kits.

in Engineer

Posted by: Cryptis Midnight.9637

Cryptis Midnight.9637

in Engineer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

You’re doing a fine job. It won’t change anything, but have at it.

Given enough time a single glass of water can reshape the entire planet. Patience is a virtue I strive to master, and I’m nothing if not stubborn.

Yeah, I got that. lol

We are what we are.

Honestly I am getting to the point where I don’t really care about any engineer weapon. The only reason I want one at this stage is for a legendary, and there is only one legendary I really like and it just so happens that the engineer can’t use it. I’m told I should just wait and see if Arena Net adds more, but frankly they seem resistant to add weapons the engineer can actually use in any of their updates, and even when they do they are not themed in such a way as to look right.

Honestly at this point don’t we have enough magical swords? Can’t we get some tech themed weapons at some point? Give me something steampunk, please.

no steam punk. give me a kitten shotgun legendary that fires dragon’s breath on the blunderbuss.

Interestingly enough, after that post was made we got steampunk themed armor (with another on the way. Seriously have you previewed the new medium armor in the PvP locker? Like steampunk Iron Man meets Assassin’s Creed), and just recently steampunk weapons. I’m happy. Mostly. I just hate that the weapons come from the worse RNG scam yet (you have to get lucky TEN times instead of once for these skins).

i honestly think it looks terrible. and reiterate the point you quoted.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Engineer

Arkham Creed.7358

You’re doing a fine job. It won’t change anything, but have at it.

Given enough time a single glass of water can reshape the entire planet. Patience is a virtue I strive to master, and I’m nothing if not stubborn.

Yeah, I got that. lol

We are what we are.

Honestly I am getting to the point where I don’t really care about any engineer weapon. The only reason I want one at this stage is for a legendary, and there is only one legendary I really like and it just so happens that the engineer can’t use it. I’m told I should just wait and see if Arena Net adds more, but frankly they seem resistant to add weapons the engineer can actually use in any of their updates, and even when they do they are not themed in such a way as to look right.

Honestly at this point don’t we have enough magical swords? Can’t we get some tech themed weapons at some point? Give me something steampunk, please.

no steam punk. give me a kitten shotgun legendary that fires dragon’s breath on the blunderbuss.

Interestingly enough, after that post was made we got steampunk themed armor (with another on the way. Seriously have you previewed the new medium armor in the PvP locker? Like steampunk Iron Man meets Assassin’s Creed), and just recently steampunk weapons. I’m happy. Mostly. I just hate that the weapons come from the worse RNG scam yet (you have to get lucky TEN times instead of once for these skins).

i honestly think it looks terrible. and reiterate the point you quoted.

Pretty old post you’re quoting there. Also I believe they changed that “ten times” thing.

Now we need to win against RNG FIFTY times for each skin. Seriously, you need ten scraps for each ticket, and now you need five tickets for each skin. Just think of how many keys you would need to buy to get that many.

in Engineer

wondergod.2498

Anet we still haven’t forgot about this. Seriously, no response what so ever yet?

All these content updates and this still hasn’t been fixed? Or hobo sacks?

Really??!

in Engineer

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

i think a good and easy solution (until they have the time to make fancy changes) is to simply give us a show/hide option for kits where our pistols/rifle etc are shown stowed.
this would solve 2 problems:
1. it would remove the aptly named “hobosacks” which ruin the look of many engi’s
2. it would let everyone see your shiny legendary

people could try to argue that our backpacks need to be seen to let enemies know what kit we’re using, but lets face it, they all pretty much look the same, especially if the engineer is facing you!

in Engineer

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

This deserves as much attention as the hobo sack issue. Putting it back on the front page.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Tarkan.5609

Tarkan.5609

+1

Legendary effects on kits!

PvP, Teef & Engi