Dragonhunter is a joke...

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

well, i agree with most of what was said here but…anet will pretend to be deaf/blind to it. they sure know that majority of guardian players hate it. yet all they respond in is: longbow need better sound effects. its sad, but true.
i mean, whoever created this… abomination called dragon hunter… im sorry for him/her.
its terrbile and number tweaks wont fix it.
they wont admit their mistake and at least apoligize to guard players that they failed to deliver us something interesting…after over 2000hours past 900days on guardian..i feel extremely dissapointed. and am looking forward to amazing reaper or herald. who knows what forge may bring?

To be fair, people DID request better sounds for the longbow.

in Guardian

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

well, i agree with most of what was said here but…anet will pretend to be deaf/blind to it. they sure know that majority of guardian players hate it. yet all they respond in is: longbow need better sound effects. its sad, but true.
i mean, whoever created this… abomination called dragon hunter… im sorry for him/her.
its terrbile and number tweaks wont fix it.
they wont admit their mistake and at least apoligize to guard players that they failed to deliver us something interesting…after over 2000hours past 900days on guardian..i feel extremely dissapointed. and am looking forward to amazing reaper or herald. who knows what forge may bring?

To be fair, people DID request better sounds for the longbow.

Out of all the things people requested, they replied to the LEAST important one

in Guardian

Posted by: NumenorLord.6539

NumenorLord.6539

The main problem with dragonhunter.

Traps.

Been thinking about that too, we could have Spirits, Survival skills or even Pets (could be cool). Problem now is that we are sticking with traps. Good news is that the Dev team is reading these posts and a lot of the changes coming for next BWE3 were some place in the forums (reducing trap CD, changing Hunter’s Fortification, slowing Deflecting Shot, among others).

Now, we can keep on complaining or say what we want to see. I know I’m not the only one saying that Traps must become Symbols to have synergy with other traitlines. Also, LB skills must get a damage and speed increase. Virtues problem is already been adressed. Remember this is Beta we can help them improve with ideas, that’s the whole point.

in Guardian

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

Just to reiterate, traps rely on the enemy player screwing up, it doesn’t actually reward you for playing well.

in Guardian

Hunter.4783

Just to reiterate, traps rely on the enemy player screwing up, it doesn’t actually reward you for playing well.

Couldn’t have put it better myself.

Devs really need to understand this part. Its one of the key flaws of the dragonhunter

in Guardian

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

Traps are useless, seriously, the only time when it works it’s with Thieves and Runes of Trapper, that’s it, nothing else…

in Guardian

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

Oh also, the new virtue’s are far worse than the older ones. Whether people want to admit it or not, DH IS a selfish line. The virtue’s themselves only really affect the Guardian and are on massive cd’s.

Long bow is too slow, has no defensive mechanics attached so if someone rushes you,(you can’t run because you’re a guardian) you are screwed.

Traits are a huge mess. Dogma discourages you from using your virtue’s which make no kitten sense. Flat % traits are boring and unimaginative.

in Guardian

Hunter.4783

Oh also, the new virtue’s are far worse than the older ones. Whether people want to admit it or not, DH IS a selfish line. The virtue’s themselves only really affect the Guardian and are on massive cd’s.

Long bow is too slow, has no defensive mechanics attached so if someone rushes you,(you can’t run because you’re a guardian) you are screwed.

Traits are a huge mess. Dogma discourages you from using your virtue’s which make no kitten sense. Flat % traits are boring and unimaginative.

I am personally ok with selfish virtues for as long as they are at least REMOTELY useful.

But they are not.

F1 is complete trash. needs to be instant cast for me to consider it. Must have added functionality. possibly a pull on affected target

F2 is a joke and gets you killed. Cast time needs to go, needs to be instant and give evade frames. 25 sec cooldown

F3 is an insult. Stun breaker on a cast time? are you kittening kidding me? The whole charm of F3 was due to safe stomps, stunbreaker and INSTANT CAST AOE

in Guardian

Posted by: Lyger.5429

Lyger.5429

Sadly after playing DH more I can say it is probably the worst spec. I previously thought this was Tempest but at least Tempest has a clear role (just some traits need to be looked at & overloads). DH on the other hand really doesn’t know what it wants to do.

in Guardian

Posted by: Wandred.4583

Wandred.4583

DH on the other hand really doesn’t know what it wants to do.

Dragon Hunter can take his own bow and go roleplaing!
Just think: Jormag, Zhaitan, Tequatl e.t.c. so much dragon’s for hunt! just kidding

i can write all what i think about dragonhunter in wvwvw. But I ’m afraid that I will be banned for bad words

#loldrghunter

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

The bow can be fixed and will be good in Zerg vs Zerg…

The Dragonkitten spec… garbage.

Should of given us a Shield Specialization AND the bow.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Guardian

Hunter.4783

Pretty much. i would much rather trade the bow as a core weapon, but be the only class without an elite trait line rather than the alternative we have now.

Its disgusting how bad the elite spec is right now

in Guardian

Posted by: Sauncho.8076

Sauncho.8076

I made a post titled “Sorry boys….we got the shaft.” Of course that was locked. Regardless, I still feel the same way. From the name of our “elite,” to the elite trait line, to the longbow, to the shield, to spirit weapons, to signets, to the sword missing, strafing our orbs, and everything else, it’s just sickening.

I have literally been using the same heal (shelter), same elite (renewed focus), and the same 3 medi utilities for the past 2 years. And now I have this kitten to look forward too? Please….And all Obtena has to say is, “don’t play it then.” Give me a break.

“Pimpin aint ez”

in Guardian

Amineo.8951

I made a post titled “Sorry boys….we got the shaft.” Of course that was locked. Regardless, I still feel the same way. From the name of our “elite,” to the elite trait line, to the longbow, to the shield, to spirit weapons, to signets, to the sword missing, strafing our orbs, and everything else, it’s just sickening.

I have literally been using the same heal (shelter), same elite (renewed focus), and the same 3 medi utilities for the past 2 years. And now I have this kitten to look forward too? Please….And all Obtena has to say is, “don’t play it then.” Give me a break.

This, Spirit Weapons are useless, Signets are half useless, shield is a wrong reason for not using focus, tomes got removed because they didn’t know how to redesign these…

Meanwhile Warriors and Revenant are slowly becoming the TRUE guardians…

in Guardian

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

LB needs more burning added to it, period. If Warrior auto can proc burning, so should DH. Traps should have ground targeting to match consecrations. Those two things would help QoL as a DH for me.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

DH is really in a good spot, I mean really, just push him over a cliff ))))

in Guardian

Posted by: honeybeeem.5469

honeybeeem.5469

None of you speak for me. This thread is a joke. I enjoyed DH and with the planned tweaks it will be fine. It fundamentally changes the way someone plays a guardian and if you can’t adapt with the spec, don’t run the line.

in Guardian

Posted by: Arnath.2319

Arnath.2319

None of you speak for me. This thread is a joke. I enjoyed DH and with the planned tweaks it will be fine. It fundamentally changes the way someone plays a guardian and if you can’t adapt with the spec, don’t run the line.

I enjoy eating pizza, doesn’t mean it’s good for me.

I’m glad you had fun, but you could have also ran around naked with the birthday blaster and seen similar results.

Don’t rely on zergs to judge whether Dragonhunter is good or not.

in Guardian

Hunter.4783

I’m glad you had fun, but you could have also ran around naked with the birthday blaster and seen similar results.

Don’t rely on zergs to judge whether Dragonhunter is good or not.

Saddly this is the recurring problem. Anet has been optimizing classes based on open world events, and hence why the idea of a “selfish” class came from.

And hence why they think its acceptable to have skills which root you in place for minimal results, ranger skills which can’t be fired from behind and virtues which have a cast time.

ofc, they think traps work wonderful when you have mobs with a fixed spawn time/location and everyone is camping it…

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Whether Dragonhunter is “good” or not is an opinion. Just because you dislike it doesn’t mean the idea or execution is bad. It’s okay to like good things. Kale tastes terrible and yet with some garlic and oil it makes conditions I inflict last longer. Dragonhunter does what it set out to do. You don’t have to like any aspect of DH for it to accomplish what it’s supposed to do.

I made a post titled “Sorry boys….we got the shaft.” Of course that was locked.

Sounds like you’ve learned nothing from the experience. If it was obvious the thread would be locked, couldn’t you have phrased yourself differently?

Continuing with your analogy, maybe you’re eating the wrong kind of pizza. Pizza itself isn’t automatically unhealthy.

Fishsticks

(edited by Ghotistyx.6942)

in Guardian

Posted by: xinkspillx.3914

xinkspillx.3914

As primed as I might be to tear down the Dragonhunter like many of the posts here, I can’t bring myself to do it knowing that the version available in this most recent BWE is already outdated.

Yeah, right now it doesn’t really work, but with the coming changes we’ll see a much larger amount of trait synergy and overall specialization potential. Given the nature of traps they may indeed not work for some players, but already I can start to see the potential behind using them. Are they better suited to melee builds? Sure, but the cast time and activation time really don’t seem long enough to make them unusable in PvP, especially for keeping a point.

Granted, Heavy Light (and really just the idea of a passive knockback) is still fundamentally terrible. That being said, the new reworked version of Hunter’s Fortification really does promise some great potential for the Dragonhunter.

Does it still need work? Yes, absolutely, but it’s foolishly unrealistic to expect a complete rework or change of skill type at this point. If we could divert just 20% of the q.q here into constructive feedback, we’d at least be a few steps closer to having an elite specialization worth taking.

in Guardian

Posted by: Sauncho.8076

Sauncho.8076

Whether Dragonhunter is “good” or not is an opinion. Just because you dislike it doesn’t mean the idea or execution is bad. It’s okay to like good things. Kale tastes terrible and yet with some garlic and oil it makes conditions I inflict last longer. Dragonhunter does what it set out to do. You don’t have to like any aspect of DH for it to accomplish what it’s supposed to do.

I made a post titled “Sorry boys….we got the shaft.” Of course that was locked.

Sounds like you’ve learned nothing from the experience. If it was obvious the thread would be locked, couldn’t you have phrased yourself differently?

Continuing with your analogy, maybe you’re eating the wrong kind of pizza. Pizza itself isn’t automatically unhealthy.

I was ticked off and really it doesn’t matter anymore, 2 1/2 years of recommendations on these forums and hardly any QOL changes.

“Pimpin aint ez”

in Guardian

Posted by: Virgil.2634

Virgil.2634

At the very least I feel like ANet could have done themselves a favor and simply made longbows for Guardians look like a spear similar to the necro effect on staffs. With the slow firing rate it would simply be more likable to players while helping to avoid the ranger jokes. The name Dragonhunter would seemingly fit better then. It would look cooler and it wouldn’t be that difficult to do! I mean thats just a simple design idea. That’s easy. Atleast try to make something old look new. Jeez anyone who has ever used Ebay or had a garage sale understands that concept.Why allude to the Paragon when you had the chance to make that a real Spec to fit other guardian specs when your going to really design garbage instead? My guild has a joke with a Ranger WvW build linking to the same page as our guardian build. As if to say Rangers have no place in our comp and are a joke. (Which isn’t entirely true)But the funny part is Anet actually made a trap ranger spec the Guardian “elite” spec. Its not new. Its borrowed. Its boring. it doesnt fit. Right now it doesn’t work. It doesn’t have the same macho look or feel that made people play guardian or the utility. So ya, people hate it. Anet won’t ever back up and say hey we messed up and rework enough of this broken spec to fix it given the amount of effort we have witnessed so far. It feels like a small few people who never played Guardian designed this and effort is better spent avoiding it than providing feedback. I just hope this is not a representation of HoT as a whole

in Guardian

Posted by: Periclitor.1892

Periclitor.1892

The problem with offering positive feedback is that it is probably read as much as the negative one.

Shield have been bad since start and people have posted ideas how to fix it since release of the game and yet all we have seen is a cool down reduction, bug fixes Duration decrease and a added bug yet to be fixed.

At this point it is either clear that the developers rarely read the forum, or don’t care what is being written.

Periclltor – Guardian
Account and Char® name could
be the same, Profanity!?

in Guardian

Black Box.9312

The problem with offering positive feedback is that it is probably read as much as the negative one.

Shield have been bad since start and people have posted ideas how to fix it since release of the game and yet all we have seen is a cool down reduction, bug fixes Duration decrease and a added bug yet to be fixed.

At this point it is either clear that the developers rarely read the forum, or don’t care what is being written.

It was pretty frustrating getting nothing but a second cooldown reduction despite the overwhelming number of responses the first time saying that the cooldowns were not the problem.

in Guardian

Posted by: ThePaladin.2140

ThePaladin.2140

Been playing DH in both BWE and I did notice something fundamentally wrong with it. First, to be able to make the most use of it, you have to go zerk to be truly effective. With the attacks being very slow, you need to make each shot count thus making Zerk gear pretty much mandatory.
With that said, the most effective way to play the class is to kite. With your virtues getting cast times and your traps having cast times, for fast paced fights you really must move and kite or get your face bashed in. Considering we have a very low health pool, this further adds to the problem. Here’s the kicker, once you start to kite, Longbow2 and longbow5 are now useless since they root you. Longbow3 is a utility anti projectile and longbow 4 with the burns being removed and ground targeted wont do anything to stop an enemy rampaging towards you. This leaves you 2 things to fight him with, longbow1 and the knockback trait that you MUST have to be effective.
Overall bad design if you ask me. It’s relagated to becoming a pewpew machine, if any attention is paid the dragonhunter during combat, a prayer to all the 6 gods is your only recourse.

in Guardian

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

I noticed a couple pets here that play themselve as the defender of anets. The issues presented here are indisputable and deserve attention. The issues themselves don’t make people frustrated, it’s the Anet’s suspicious silence over it. So what people are supposed to do? obviously to continue pressure them with it. And these pests, i mean, pets come along and pratically go " whatever Anet give us, it must be good, shut up and stop demand improvement". You know who you are. How are we supposed to improve the class with this sort of gullible obedience mentality these guys are promoting.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

in Guardian

Hunter.4783

I noticed a couple pets here that play themselve as the defender of anets. The issues presented here are indisputable and deserve attention. The issues themselves don’t make people frustrated, it’s the Anet’s suspicious silence over it. So what people are supposed to do? obviously to continue pressure them with it. And these pests, i mean, pets come along and pratically go " whatever Anet give us, it must be good, shut up and stop demand improvement". You know who you are. How are we supposed to improve the class with this sort of gullible obedience mentality these guys are promoting.

Yep, and it’s this blind faithfulness that has kept the Guardian in a good place for over 2 years now

in Guardian

Posted by: Manimarco Devil.1790

Manimarco Devil.1790

Some people may genuinely believe DH is good based on some experiences they may have had but in general a majority of the forum disagrees. I am in the same boat. I primarily used Dragon hunter in sPvP in both beta and it felt clunky. The first beta was a bit more tolerable because some players did not understand how the class worked so there may have been some surprise factor but the 2nd beta was a complete disaster. It doesn’t help that my MMR climbed so now I had to face Abjured players like Toker every other match and they completely opened up the flaws of the spec.

Traps are trash I am not even going to discuss them.

Longbow is outrageously clunky and a problem I identified early on was that Hunter’s Ward specifically was simply a way of telling any bursty class (thief, mesmer) “Hey I am casting a slow skill that is easily dodge-able! Please come kill me!” They provided ZERO defensive capabilities to insure your could manage to get these skills off and the pay off is 100000% not worth it anymore with so many classes getting stun breaks and stability. Virtues not being instant cast makes it so that you cannot pop an aegis or heal yourself so you just get interrupted and die if you use the root/channel skills.
To top it off, Hunter’s Ward is complete garbage in a solo scenario as well because no competent enemy will every sit in it.

True Shot suffers from the a similar effect as you cannot afford to self root in many scenarios. Also I get stability is all the jazz but what the hell is the point of stability on True Shot?? Getting semi-random stability is not skillful nor useful. I already established in another post that its better to cleave them out than to True Shot and stomp and its not even good defensively because if you need stability and are getting focused, you have to SELF ROOT and land the kitten thing. I shouldn’t need to explain why that is just bad in general.

Finally we have the wonderful inability to shoot GROUND TARGETED SKILLS behind us. Both Deflecting Shot and the Symbol are literally garbage without this basic functionality. This follows the same line as the whole True Shot Stability because if you are running away from anyone ranged and want to protect yourself you have to turn around to fire Deflecting Shout….lol

The traits are uninspiring and they add zero flavor or change of playstyle. Instead its just a case of picking the best/overpowered just so your spec seems viable. Prime Example: Heavy Light. This trait is not good. It is un-interactive and random. Neither player interacting here knows when it goes off and its just an annoying knockback. But guess what? The other traits sucks so much that this effect is a must take in sPvP.

I didn’t really want to leave guard after this much time but this is unacceptable. I am already looking toward revenant to be my new main.

Battlelord Taeres

in Guardian

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

people are upset for 2 main reasons.

The elite spec is crap
Most of the updated skills DIDN’T make it into this test
Mechanics we have been asking for years miraculously make it into other elite specs, such as the revi shield

So really, i would say we have a VERY good reason to be upset

Revenant support makes me cringe everytime I look at it, it’s just way better than Guardian and there’s a good chance we might get replaced by Rev for Fractals and some Dungeons when HoT comes out, DH is just bad, traps are useless in all game modes, Longbow skills aren’t good enough to pressure somebody in PvP like Ranger and does not have good DPS compared to Scepter, and Virtues are downgraded when you switch to it…

Also, Shield and Torch skills better on Berserker and Herald…

Berserker is currently worse than DH. watch your tongue

You can’t be serious.

yea im serious.

DH is bad because it has no synergy etc, but if you drop a traitline and use DH, you atleast still have the guardian greatness. You gain a bow, and traps, yippie. They arent that good, at all, but you dont become worthless.

Taking Berserker on Warrior, right now, makes you worthless. No matter what traitline you drop, youre losing damage/utlity/healing/defense/movement speed. It literally has no place anywhere. The condi on it is so weak its almost cry worthy. 15 second up time on a 15s cd… lol. It ONLY supports hybrid builts (which I approve of btw) and it doesnt even do it

in Guardian

Black Box.9312

The elite spec is crap
Mechanics we have been asking for years miraculously make it into other elite specs, such as the revi shield

Revenant support makes me cringe everytime I look at it, it’s just way better than Guardian and there’s a good chance we might get replaced by Rev for Fractals and some Dungeons when HoT comes out, DH is just bad, traps are useless in all game modes, Longbow skills aren’t good enough to pressure somebody in PvP like Ranger and does not have good DPS compared to Scepter, and Virtues are downgraded when you switch to it…

You can’t be serious.

yea im serious.

DH is bad because it has no synergy etc, but if you drop a traitline and use DH, you atleast still have the guardian greatness. You gain a bow, and traps, yippie. They arent that good, at all, but you dont become worthless.

Taking Berserker on Warrior, right now, makes you worthless. No matter what traitline you drop, youre losing damage/utlity/healing/defense/movement speed. It literally has no place anywhere. The condi on it is so weak its almost cry worthy. 15 second up time on a 15s cd… lol. It ONLY supports hybrid builts (which I approve of btw) and it doesnt even do it

Not really.

If you drop Zeal, then you lose out on DPS, particularly with GS and symbol builds. If you drop Radiance, then you’re giving up any chance at a condition-oriented build or any sort of damage without having to pile on extra precision. If you drop Valor and/or Honor, you’re saying goodbye to any potential sustain and a great deal of party support. And if you drop Virtues, you’ll be losing more party support, more condition damage, and you’ll be left with high cooldown virtues with pretty mediocre effects.

No matter what you drop, the DH traitline is a downgrade. At best, you get a bow and some really situational, selfish traits that don’t synergize with any of the above. Not really worth the opportunity cost.

in Guardian

Posted by: Rune Darkmoor.3269

Rune Darkmoor.3269

The elite spec is crap

You can’t be serious.

yea im serious.

Hold on.

You get skills on torch we WISH we had, (including one we’ve asked for for AGES) and utilities that ARE NOT traps and you’re saying it’s worse? Huh?

News flash, DH requires you to give up at least one important line for either offense or defense, AND turns 2 of our 3 virtues, our class mechanic into extreme MEH.

If you try to run Condi with DH you need Radiance and Valor, meaning no Virtues for the much needed VoJ buffs, or you have to give up one of the other two. (Extremely MEH situation to be stuck in)

DH is in the same boat there. BUT WORSE STILL. Cause the skills, utilities, and weapon barely synergize with the class.

Try again.

in Guardian

Ghotistyx.6942

Let’s just remember that opinions are opinions and not fact. It’s okay to have an opinion that’s different, but let’s not waive it around like it’s undeniable truth.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Amineo.8951

The elite spec is crap

You can’t be serious.

yea im serious.

Berserker sure is worthless… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St40f1IFawg

in Guardian

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

So who did either BWE with Runes of the Trapper? or Traveler?

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Pretty much. i would much rather trade the bow as a core weapon, but be the only class without an elite trait line rather than the alternative we have now.

Its disgusting how bad the elite spec is right now

Wards like the ebon ones, would be awesome with the bow for the back like of teh zerg, pvp, pve… trap… only mobs triggers them.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Ward_spell

(EDIT) DH is a trap for game propaganda as the mace/shield guard was! XD

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Guardian

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Dragonhunter will never be viable in spvp without massive changes. And what I mean by viable is effective against good players that are grouped. I don’t care about anything else.

in Guardian

Posted by: Asmodal.6489

Asmodal.6489

wanted to and had everything prepared but they did not copy the bank again like I thought they would.

in Guardian

Hunter.4783

I tried with traveler runes. Longbow/melee weapons and a combination of any possible trait lines with dragonhunter

What ended up happening is that i would end up switching the longbow out and improve my overall effectiveness by 2-3 fold

Basically i feel, as i already pointed out, the dragonhunter and the longbow (not to mention traps, lol) is a complete downgrade to the current guardian.

PVE zerg events? GS and staff reign supreme
PVE zerg bosses? Why waste a traitline for longbow when scepter focus is FAR superior
PVE Solo questing/events? scepter/focus and GS or Sword/focus and Scepter/torch for hybrid builds are simply FAR stronger
WvW? Longbow is a death sentence…unless you are outzerging/snowballing the enemy team, and at that point, running around naked with a lvl 1 blue staff is equally as effective….and end up tagging more players too
Dungeons? Why would ANYONE even CONSIDER longbow and DH over a plethora of builds involving a combination of our traitlines which again are stronger. And being 1200 range pretty much puts you out of PS warrior might stacking range
sPvP? ahahaha…haha…haha is that a joke?

in Guardian

Asmodal.6489

PVE zerg events? GS and staff reign supreme
PVE zerg bosses? Why waste a traitline for longbow when scepter focus is FAR superior
PVE Solo questing/events? scepter/focus and GS or Sword/focus and Scepter/torch for hybrid builds are simply FAR stronger
WvW? Longbow is a death sentence…unless you are outzerging/snowballing the enemy team, and at that point, running around naked with a lvl 1 blue staff is equally as effective….and end up tagging more players too
Dungeons? Why would ANYONE even CONSIDER longbow and DH over a plethora of builds involving a combination of our traitlines which again are stronger. And being 1200 range pretty much puts you out of PS warrior might stacking range
sPvP? ahahaha…haha…haha is that a joke?

sadly this is true. I have fun with the longbow but other options are stronger.
It might feel different with the increased damage on #2 + #3 and a high projectile velocity. I think LB has a chance to become viable when it forces the enemy in melee range. to achieve that it hast hit like a truck from afar.

in Guardian

Posted by: dace.8019

dace.8019

I agree with you. Not only that, the DH is by far the most boring class specialization I’ve played. Not sure how Arenanet didn’t catch this.

High-five.

There’s a couple of things I’d cherry pick off DH to put somewhere else if I could but I won’t take the whole spec not because it’s flawed (which it is), weak (which it is), off-piste for the Guardian (which it is) but because it’s boring and unfulfilling in equal measure.

in Guardian

Asmodal.6489

I agree with you. Not only that, the DH is by far the most boring class specialization I’ve played. Not sure how Arenanet didn’t catch this.

High-five.

There’s a couple of things I’d cherry pick off DH to put somewhere else if I could but I won’t take the whole spec not because it’s flawed (which it is), weak (which it is), off-piste for the Guardian (which it is) but because it’s boring and unfulfilling in equal measure.

that really is a matter of perception. I find Berserker and Dare Devil extremely dull. ther is really nothing new to the class.

Mesmer and Reaper are really cool but I think reaper might get dull fast as well.

in Guardian

Posted by: dace.8019

dace.8019

that really is a matter of perception.

That’s why my name is next to the post.

in Guardian

Ghotistyx.6942

And yet you seem to be implying an awful lot of fact in your statements.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Azure.8670

The elite spec is crap

You can’t be serious.

yea im serious.

oh wow look, you found a video of a guy bursting a zerker necro… WOW. That means its good? A DH can kill a zerker necro just as fast or faster. Doesnt mean its good.

stop, just stop.

in Guardian

Amineo.8951

The elite spec is crap

You can’t be serious.

yea im serious.

oh wow look, you found a video of a guy bursting a zerker necro… WOW. That means its good? A DH can kill a zerker necro just as fast or faster. Doesnt mean its good.

stop, just stop.

You stop, you have better torch skills, much more mobility, true condi builds, while we have nothing good or fun to play when picking DH…

in Guardian

Azure.8670

The elite spec is crap

You can’t be serious.

yea im serious.

stop, just stop.

You stop, you have better torch skills, much more mobility, true condi builds, while we have nothing good or fun to play when picking DH…

bring this to the warrior forum and youll come running back

in Guardian

Azure.8670

warriors are forced to take stances and fast hands, and fast hands is basically mandatory for berserker due to the pathetic CD and uptime. Rage skills arent even an option, even though they suck anyway, and we lose not 1 but 2 traitlines to use berserker. please.

in Guardian

Black Box.9312

warriors are forced to take stances and fast hands, and fast hands is basically mandatory for berserker due to the pathetic CD and uptime. Rage skills arent even an option, even though they suck anyway, and we lose not 1 but 2 traitlines to use berserker. please.

Guardians are forced to take Valor for extra sustain along with either shouts for defensive builds or meditations for offensive builds. Better take Virtues too if you want your entire class mechanic to be anything more than borderline useless, especially with those cooldowns. What’s that, want Dragonhunter too? Guess that limits your options, doesn’t (it) (geez this censor is ridiculous)? Especially since the Dragonhunter traitline is full of garbage anyway. At least Berserker traits look like they’ll be worth taking, even if you’re giving up something else for them. Not to mention that all we’re getting is a hardly functioning longbow and traps that can’t possibly be any better than rage skills that can actually be used on demand.

Feel free to think what you want, but I can guarantee you that a good portion of Guardian players here would swap the elite spec they’re getting in a heartbeat. Berserker has far more potential than Dragonhunter ever will.

in Guardian

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

I wish I was forced to take a 5 second reduction on my weapon swap cooldown… or a trait to let me run 25% faster so I don’t have to keep using traveler runs in wvw or pvp….

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand