MesmerVideos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Piolair

[Guide] WvWvW/Pve Shatter Cat 2014-04-23

in Mesmer

Posted by: UnknownFreak.2805

UnknownFreak.2805

I thought mesmer was suppose to be superior in 1v1 battles, but no… :/

How to crashreport…
Someone say game crash must be related to OOM
when you read the log it’s not related to that whatsoever…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

Lets just wait and see whate happening. They building the reasons for nerf shatter dmg on the fast GS and scepter beems get a buff. For anyone who not use scepter (99% of mesmers) or GS ( 50% of mesmers) it would mean a direct nerf to overall dmg. If they want dmg from shatters to be on our weapons they need to look at al weapons.

I expect them to buff the other weapns dmg in close time if they go thru with this or depending on the magnitude of the shatter nerf they drive ppl to play GS.

For now its just wait and see

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

I just hate the fact that without GS we have no means to really engage someone who intends to just keep running away and coming back when they are at full advantage. It is impossible to keep up with GS warriors, x/D elementalists, thieves, ect.
Against those classes the cripple is needed else they will just whittle you down.

It’s also one of the reasons I miss the pistol when I don’t have it equipped, too.

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Azral.2904

Azral.2904

osi why the trait compounding power since you’re shattering and not something like Precise Wrack… Looking at Heavy / Mist

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Taldren, a few classes have extremly good escape mobility, Shatter Cat Mist specced mesmers for example is as close you come to impossible to catch if thye intend to run, same go for shortbow thiefs and in some ways d/d eles (even if they a litllte less mobile now. Still the mist spec is wery good at catch ppl with short cd on blink and staff blink + swiftness. Chaos storm often halt ppl enought for a sword cripple to land aswell. The spec and even better at run away form ppl. I dont feel i miss the GS or pistol in the spec, a few who accualy want to run get away but thats part of the trade.

@Azral, compounding power butt al your direct dmg including shatters, phantasm dmg, rune of air and sigil procs with 3-9%, this is FAR better than give one of your abilitys crit chance a 10% buff.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Azral.2904

You’re saying that Compunding Power’s 3-9% is applied to the actual shatters of the Illusions?

So hypothetically lets say a 3 Illusion nr1 would do 300 dmg but with Compounding Power slotted it would net 327 dmg?

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Azral, not sure how tooltip work but the dmg is 9% + for illusionary persona shatter, 9% for 3rd clone 6% for 2 nd and last clone 3%+ Add that your iswordsman in the burst also get 9% your rune of air 9% and sigil of fire and sword frenzy its a rather major dmg inc. Easy to test, do some shatters and attacks without it and some with it. You kotice a rather nice inc. I have had 4 k + mw with 3 clones in phantasm hybrid spec.

\Osicat

in Mesmer

Taldren.7523

@Taldren, a few classes have extremly good escape mobility, Shatter Cat Mist specced mesmers for example is as close you come to impossible to catch if thye intend to run, same go for shortbow thiefs and in some ways d/d eles (even if they a litllte less mobile now.

That argument breaks down when the vast majority of all the classes in WvW are those “few” classes with extreme maneuverability. They have absolutely no problems catching a mesmer regardless of spec. I could make an entire movie on people just deciding they don’t want to fight me and basically walk away whenever they want to because I have no way to stop them or chase.

in Mesmer

Posted by: AngelExtreme.4872

AngelExtreme.4872

Good day osi, i am currently leveling my mesmer up and its going to be 80, before i used to prefer GS/P/S build and a glass cannon type, but i realized that it was too squishy in WVW, ive seen your vids and they were really great, at first i was confused on what build i should pursue on, but now i have 1 in mind the 3.2 phantasm? is it? that exist in this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O54jN_Wt9_s, correct me if im wrong, thanks for the vids anyways!

in Mesmer

Azral.2904

Interesting results with the Compounding Power… Heavy Target Golem 1 illusion = 833 dmg. 2 illusions = 635 dmg. 3 illusions = 590dmg. That was the average dmg after 6 tests each… so my dmg per illusions nr1 is decreasing not increasing. Am I missing something?

I’ve re-tested this now 3 separate times tonight.

feel like i’m going crazy

(edited by Azral.2904)

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@AngelExtreme, this is Phantasm Hybrid gameplay: http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=BnM3spSyjEI

@Taldren, I claim a d/d ele have no chance and tbh probobly not even a thief to catch a portal, dubble stealth, blink cd lowered, staff cd lovered rune of air using mesmer. Its bald but Im sure after spent last weeks troll ppl and groups in bl,s and simply outrun em and trolled em around on the map. To chase thu is harder as staff 2 blink dont have a steady target.

@Azral, the dmg pool incresing but the dmg is split over 3 sourses + 1 extra from ip.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Taldren.7523

Interesting results with the Compounding Power… Heavy Target Golem 1 illusion = 833 dmg. 2 illusions = 635 dmg. 3 illusions = 590dmg. That was the average dmg after 6 tests each… so my dmg per illusions nr1 is decreasing not increasing. Am I missing something?

I’ve re-tested this now 3 separate times tonight.

feel like i’m going crazy

Welcome to ANet math:
1 × 833 = 833
2 × 635 = 1270 ( +52% )
3 × 590 = 1770 ( +112% )
and
4×590 = 2360 ( +183% )

ANet penalizes you if not all your illusions can make it to the target … which often they do not.

(edited by Taldren.7523)

in Mesmer

Taldren.7523

I claim a d/d ele have no chance and tbh probobly not even a thief to catch a portal, dubble stealth, blink cd lowered, staff cd lovered rune of air using mesmer. Its bald but Im sure after spent last weeks troll ppl and groups in bl,s and simply outrun em and trolled em around on the map. To chase thu is harder as staff 2 blink dont have a steady target.

You are playing some really bad d/d ele’s then :p

When I play mine I have 100% swiftness uptime, lightning flash, ride the lightning, burning speed, magnetic leap on top of Grasping Vines, Frozen Burst, Updraft, and Earthquake.

Although with the RTL nerf now thieves and greatsword warriors can usually get away … which is very hypocritical of ANet since they are using THEIR weapon attacks to do the very thing that ANet decided is bad for Elementalists to do with theirs.

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Taldren, i give you pure speed from position a-b for d/d is better than mesmers, but our short distance sprint and mobility combined with portal and stealth let us get away if we do it right. D/d have one mountain/high climber in blink (potensialy 2 if you know how to use magnetic, btw can magnetic be reflected?) we have potensialy 4 plus stealth on this let us basickly be a pain in the kittens tail Still as you say, to catch a running d/d is close to impossible. But tbh its always easier to run away than to catch ppl.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vixtrolax.3915

Vixtrolax.3915

hey Osicat didn’t read through all 18 pages so sorry if this was covered already but you by any chance ever run with signet of illusions just to see how much of a burst you could pull off? something like
throw out your duelist —-> illusionary leap —-> dodge(for clone)—-> hit illusionary leap again to port in——> Blurred Frenzy—-> Mind Wrack during Frenzy—-> once Frenzy is done Mirrior Images—-> dodge(for clone)—-> Magic Bullet to stun target—-> Signet of Illusions—->Mind Wrack by then frenzy should be almost back if whatever you are attacking isn’t dead
also if you have sword on offhand of the other set you could start with swordsman then switch to sword/pistol and continue the rotation and just drop the first dodge out

(edited by Vixtrolax.3915)

in Mesmer

Taldren.7523

@Taldren, i give you pure speed from position a-b for d/d is better than mesmers, but our short distance sprint and mobility combined with portal and stealth let us get away if we do it right. D/d have one mountain/high climber in blink (potensialy 2 if you know how to use magnetic, btw can magnetic be reflected?) we have potensialy 4 plus stealth on this let us basickly be a pain in the kittens tail Still as you say, to catch a running d/d is close to impossible. But tbh its always easier to run away than to catch ppl.

/Osicat

Magnetic Grasp can be reflected, but if you get hit with it … it will do you no good against Magnetic Leap. I actually find Burning Speed a great short range maneuverability ability. I mean, you can spam it if you like … like most do … but if used right it can be amazing.

The meanest thing I do on my elementalist is use Grasping Vines → burning speed → ring of fire → dodge roll and get both the fire and earth AEs from Evasive Arcana → Magnetic Grasp (Magnetic Leap if they try and teleport from Grasping Vines) → Churning Earth → Lightning Leap. All this whiling keeping Earthquake for emergency CC and RTL for emergency escape.

Most of the time I can keep them knocked down or immobilized from full health to dead which makes escape sort of hard. :p Especially since Grasping Vines shows me where you while stealthed.

I wish stun breaks removed immobilize … it is far too powerful right now. ><

Anyway … back to Mesmer …

Your maneuverability is basically completely dependent on armor runes because without the swiftness boost you are moving far too slow to put the stealth/teleports to good effect. That is one major issue I wish they would address in addition to lackluster weapon options.

in Mesmer

AngelExtreme.4872

so this build is more focused on smaller type of group raids? tbh your moves are really imba! you kite and fight them through even though they are pounding on you,

anyways out of the topic what songs are this that contained in this video, they are really cool, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i9TPVp4BiQ thanks!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mishka.9623

Mishka.9623

so this build is more focused on smaller type of group raids? tbh your moves are really imba! you kite and fight them through even though they are pounding on you,

anyways out of the topic what songs are this that contained in this video, they are really cool, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i9TPVp4BiQ thanks!

Listed at the end of the video but here you go:
The chemical brothers – the devil’s in the details
MØ – GLASS
Rebbeca & Fiona – Taken over

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Vixtolax, I feel the burst from a normal setup is enought, if I used the sigil it would be for experement with another 4 sec immunity, mabye add reflection ontop of it. I have thu hard feel I can effective use al shatters and cd,s it offer.

For pistol the cd on sword is wasted by that setup and I would miss a staff. Also a untraited pistol is rather ineffective versus a good player due to the cd,s He simply immune/refect when you opening up, denying your 2 loong oh cd.

Sometimes I with a smile regret I post this builds, like the other day when I was messing around with Shatter Cat Origininal using pistol, and faced a mesmer I 100% sure player a kind of Shatter Cat Mist, he reflected my own pistolstun and folowed with a immoilce and nuked me.

@Taldren, yes totaly right, without rune of AIR I would not have the speed on the Mist spec that is needed to have any use of the movment utilitys, still its rather fantastic. Last night I jumped a guild team of 10, downed a player and then legged it to see what chased me. 3 thiefs with shortbows and HS jumps started chase me, and I out run em over half the south map, from the camp to my spawn. Full time I had em after me/around me. The low cd on staff blink in combo with low cd on blink, stealths and chaos storm, chaos armour etc is rather fantastic. If it was not so booring to see I might do a full “how to run form ppl” vid.

For how to fight d/d who use cc well I usualy try use as many movment abilitys as possible, blink + portal help even if immobilised.

@AngerExtreme, yes the Mist is no big/medium group play spec, its to focused on personal speed and dmg. If you looking for a group play spec Its Shatter Cat heavy you want as it can take a beating better + utilitys often more focused on support.

@Mishka, cheers for notice. Il keep addmy music in aftertext in future.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

Uppdate

Released the tactical guide. Its now ready to be used but still I working on it and adding more.

Can be found on first page, link under index.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Taldren.7523

Have you thought about using Superior Sigil of Generosity over Superior Accuracy given your limited condition removal? Also, something I do, you may want to put your Minor Accuracy on one of your water weapons and then just kill krait underwater to build your stacks. I found almost no one will ever interrupt you powering up. Then you could replace it on your staff with Sigil of Purity giving you two condition removals every 10 seconds.

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Taldren, yes accualy this is exactly what I do in SC Mist, generosity replace preci as soon I got a fair amount of stacks. When I farm stacks before I go out I generaly get 10-14 stacks in 30 sec after pulled al cayotes outside spawn. Take around 1,5 min to get 25 stacks if you use cayotes/wolfs and dont kill them all, just let em summon more.
I use 2 x preci sigils when I farm stacks, as soon I got em full I change. If I get downed in wvwvw and rally/reset stacks I change back staff to preci as soon out of combat.

Start in this vid where I show the grar you see the sigil of generosity replace preci:

Good input, cheers

/Osicat

in Mesmer

AngelExtreme.4872

@mishka: did not notice but thanks for the info XD.

@Osicat: errr, i like playing skirmishes and 3v1 or more stuff so i think the 3.2 build would workout just fine, i am still on the practice though, sometimes i over use my clones ending up cd’ing my skills hahaha, i also want to play roam or 1v1 or 3v1 or more stuff, hehe, i hope this copes up on my skill XD

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

Uppdate

Made a smal roaming video, was first unsure if I would post it or not buid mabye its of interest for somone Its not a guide or tutorial, just gameplay.

Enjoy:

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: xerzil.7523

xerzil.7523

Hi,

Thanks for producing such a great, informative post.

Please could you give me some advice on the stats to aim for on the Shatter Cat Mist build?

Just the primary 3 and what jewellery sets.

Atm I’m running full knights with Air runes, Berserker accessories, weapons and cavalier rings.
I’d just like to check I’m not missing the point of the build as my power seems higher than it needs to be.

Thanks for your time.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vixtrolax.3915

Vixtrolax.3915

Uppdate

Made a smal roaming video, was first unsure if I would post it or not buid mabye its of interest for somone Its not a guide or tutorial, just gameplay.

Enjoy:

/Osicat

amazing stuff as always!

in Mesmer

Taldren.7523

@Taldren, yes accualy this is exactly what I do in SC Mist, generosity replace preci as soon I got a fair amount of stacks. When I farm stacks before I go out I generaly get 10-14 stacks in 30 sec after pulled al cayotes outside spawn. Take around 1,5 min to get 25 stacks if you use cayotes/wolfs and dont kill them all, just let em summon more.

I believe that SSoGenerosity and SSoPurity don’t share a cooldown, so you could get 2 conditions removed every 10s given a decent crit rate.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Archinos.8754

Archinos.8754

Hay Osi,
Made another video based on your game style but with a small change :P
gear is berserker all the way, rune of the eagle and the rest is in the video guide.

The “Franz Mesmer” build:

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Taldrem. worth test, I will experement and test the cd theory whne I got tim, if u test before me repport

@Archinos, interesting vid, curious thu of why you pick retaliation on shatter over 3% dmg/clone alt 10% mw dmg. The build I understand on choice of triats and gear is focused on burst and survivial thru stealth, retaliation is usualy sued by "tanky"specc where you want to get hit often.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: Amadeus.5687

Amadeus.5687

@Osicat just to save you the time: All Sigils, both on swap and on cirt, share an internal CD, so you can’t stack them for more conditon removal

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

Uppdate

There is now a webbpage for the Shatter Cat guide

http://osicat.weebly.com

Enjoy

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

Hey osicat, I have made a few modifications to the phantasm hybrid build. So.
10/30/0/0/30. 20% MW dmg in domination and the third major trait in Dueling is Phants have Fury. All others are the same.
Gear:
Head: Berzerker
Shoulder: Berzerker
Chest: Knight
Gloves: Berzerker
Pants: Valkyrie
Boots: Berzerker
Runes: Centaur
Accessories: Berzerker, 1 has beryl (Valkyrie) gem
Back: Berzerker
Amulet: Berzerker
Rings: Berzerker, Cavalier
Sw/Sw+Staff: Berzerker
Sigils: Air/Perception+Force
Stats:
Crit chance (no stacks, no food): 46%, if I remember correctly. 60% with stacks, no food. This is good for dungeons, because you don’t need many stacks to get over 50% chance, as you may die losing all stacks
Crit dmg: 91% (no food, no Air runes)
Health: a bit over 16k with WvW bonus (while not in an overflow)
Toughness: 1130 or something. Enough for me to take any big hit in CoE. Even Alphas Ice strike (only if followed by Mantra Condition Cleanse)
Power: Can’t remember, I think over 3k.
Skills:
Healing: Ether Feast
Utility 1: Blink, Sig of Inspiration in dungeons, because I usually run with a Guardian, so I can double the 12 stacks of Might on my allies. Followed by TW
Utility 2: Mantra of Recovery. I simply can’t live with this cond removal. Especially in CoE. In WvW I take Decoy.
Utility 3: Mirror Images. I love bursting, so I need this.
Elite: Time Warp. In WvW I take Mass Invisibility
Overall: I think I’m doing as much dmg as I used to do with the 20/20/… build, but now it’s easier to me to keep up high crit chance in dungeons. Only thing I miss is 15k crit iWarlock in group events. Also yesterday I catched and killed a d/d ele! Lol achievement

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

(edited by My Sweet Lily.1952)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Atomsk.3481

Atomsk.3481

So, I’ve got myself an Asura Mesmer here, and I went with a variation of the Shatter Cat build for WvW. 10/25/5/0/30. Stats are generally the same as those shown in Osicat’s Solo Portal video. My question is, is there really a benefit to using these runes? I’ve been debating between Runes of Air or The Eagle, For the moment I have Orbs matching the armor pieces as place-holders until then. It seems like in terms of stats I would lose out by equipping runes over the orbs…

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Atomsk, Rune of air, speed buff in wvwvw is invaluable and not possible thru orbs. For the dmg part its hard calculate exact how many k dmg / 10 seconds the extra stats are worth, but a 3-6k hit every 10 sec is ALOT unless you go manly for pve. Also the fact it hit thiefs on proc the instant they attack you before rendered out of stealth, they hit enemys when you proc a retaliation hit etc etc make it a superb burst tool and again its alot better than orbs.

@My sweet Lilly, interesting setyp and especialy for dunegeons this seem like a extremly strong setup.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dasboba.1652

Dasboba.1652

Osi, any thought of trying GS over staff w/this new patch? I really like the defensive capabilities of my staff.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fierro.8901

Fierro.8901

Thanks for your guides and videos, they just changed general look of mesmer for me. I like songs in your videos too, so i’ll just leave this here.

http://muzebra.com/l/-2d7gm5wew7ld/
http://muzebra.com/l/14np3a3003/

(edited by Fierro.8901)

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Dasboa, I might try it as I try everything to be able to give a oppinion, but even if the gs is good for aoe purposes the utility is unafected and staff remain the shatter mesmers best friend in my opinion. What make me a happy cat is the buff to sword leap as the cd reducing is fixed. This is amazing especialy towards d/d eles who hate cripples over al else. Also the fix(?!) to thiefs stealth ( and ours ina way) will accualy help us as this class was and is one of our threats as we move in same areas.

Overall this was a Fantastic patch for us Mesmers, the specces I play and manege on this thread have got constant buffs sens december, Mesmers remain a top class for wvwvw.

@Fierro, ty alot mate fot the tipps, will look at em.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@All

Uppdate

New video. About in combat mobility

Enjoy

in Mesmer

Posted by: FLIMP.8172

FLIMP.8172

LOL you made a website. too funny <3

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dasboba.1652

Dasboba.1652

Osi, I ran GS s/s last night and had a load of fun. With asuran weapon skins, I looked like an awesome blademaster. That said, I really missed staff #2. I’m so used to being able to use that to get out of a bad situation. Plus, I missed getting chaos armor when using sword 3 over a chaos storm.

in Mesmer

Posted by: uranus.7610

uranus.7610

since l found you on youtube,l enjoyed to play with mesmer much more!! btw GZ for your website)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Qwyksylver Vyqtunos.6312

Qwyksylver Vyqtunos.6312

I may have missed it somewhere but I was wondering what gear you use for a shatter cat mist build?

Raagar Deathclaw-Necromancer | Korgin Shadowmind-Mesmer

Circle of Legends [BOLD]

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Dasboba, will test it aswell but as you say, staff is fantasic.

@Uranus, cheers mate.

@Qwyksylver Vyqtunos, The gear is shown in this film in start, only difference is that I now got the fractal chavalier backpiece.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svvbTHeDcOE

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: Qwyksylver Vyqtunos.6312

Qwyksylver Vyqtunos.6312

@Dasboba, will test it aswell but as you say, staff is fantasic.

@Uranus, cheers mate.

@Qwyksylver Vyqtunos, The gear is shown in this film in start, only difference is that I now got the fractal chavalier backpiece.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svvbTHeDcOE

/Osicat

Thanks osi =)

Raagar Deathclaw-Necromancer | Korgin Shadowmind-Mesmer

Circle of Legends [BOLD]

in Mesmer

Posted by: avdima.2846

avdima.2846

at first, thank you for your interesting and helpful guides!!

i just have one question, couldn`t find this information in the guide (or didn`t see it, my english is not the best)

on 3.4 Shatter Cat Condition build, wich stats shall i use on the weapons? also Prec, T and Condition dmg (Rabid stats)?

i got all the gear in orr for karma, except the shoes and chest, this one you can get from caudecus and Twilight Arbor. so you don`t need to buy the expensive khilbron gear

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Avdima, yes rabid stats is the strongest as they provide both longöasting survival and dmg.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: UnknownFreak.2805

UnknownFreak.2805

Is it good to change rune of the air to rune of the eagle?, I have checked on build calculator and I got an improvement from ~43% crit chance (no food/ accuracy boon), to 51%, with the loss of 1% extra crit damage, and yes I know about swiftness loss, and lightningstrike, but can it make higher burst…?

still not decided cause it will cost me 23gold, and I am not the one that likes to mass spend gold even if I have 80gold :O, cause I either save for commander or to be able to make a legendary

@Avdima, yes rabid stats is the strongest as they provide both longöasting survival and dmg.
/Osicat

longöasting

I think you mean long-lasting

How to crashreport…
Someone say game crash must be related to OOM
when you read the log it’s not related to that whatsoever…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Erifin.8423

Erifin.8423

Have not confirmed ingame yet but i think you can get rabid gear for wvw-badges now

/E

in Mesmer

Posted by: avdima.2846

avdima.2846

thanx and yes, thats true, you can get this armor in wvw