Mesmer is not as fun anymore.

in Mesmer

Posted by: reflexyo.6719

reflexyo.6719

Shatters hit way harder now which is fine , but it is not as fun as before since it does not require very much set up anymore. It was much more fun to play a mesmer prepatch when it was harder to play a mesmer, now with the new patch it seems everyone is playing a mesmer because of how easy it is to burst and that kinda ruins it for me.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

try out other classes, is the perfect time to experiment

in Mesmer

reflexyo.6719

True, but I kinda hope they nerf shatter damage a little.

in Mesmer

Posted by: teegees.9638

teegees.9638

Second that. I laughed my kitten of yesterday when I blew up a bunker engi in the blink of an eye. But it’s not fun when its so easy. And I dislike seeing so many warrior/thief/engi fanboys invade my favorite profession.

in Mesmer

reflexyo.6719

Thank you teegees. Make mesmer difficult again so others can go back to their other professions.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kabikaz.8637

Kabikaz.8637

Thirding it. Im tempted to give guardian ago this week, hammer staff or something.
Enjoy the broken burn.

I enjoyed mes before because it felt really rewarding to get a kill.

I killed a thief once and I felt like I won the universe!

in Mesmer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

yeah to be honest, I find shatter mesmer with mantra of distraction, confounding suggestions, and power block to be the most faceroll build I’ve played yesterday.

At least with cheesy necro power or condi specs you don’t have the free ability to disengage to compensate for all the damage CC and area denail you do.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Mesmer

Posted by: SlimChance.6593

SlimChance.6593

I think it has to do with the combined traits and the fact you can grab 3 FULL lines. I’m sure every profession has some of this as well.

Give it awhile, I’m sure ANet will make the Mesmer the underdog again soon enough.

Eccho, Echo Oread – Mesmers (Yak’s Bend)
My EchoRupt Build - Forum Post

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Dude.. Lockdown isn’t even difficult or unique anymore. Everyone is running the same build. =[ I know I should’ve expected it (hell I even promoted it) but it kind of hurts my heart a bit.

However.. Mesmer is fun as hell. So many new things to play with. #boonshare

in Mesmer

reflexyo.6719

Ya true, I am happy that a few others feel the way about mesmer right now.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kirito.9207

Kirito.9207

We ask for buffs and we finally get them. Then we complain about the buffs lol..

in Mesmer

reflexyo.6719

I never asked for buffs , I think mesmer was in a really good spot. The only problem was that thief could counter mesmers most times.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

@reflexyo:
For the most part, yes.

Sadly, if the meta remains “zerk” … Thief will still do this.

We’ll have to see how the dust settles on this one.

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Clownmug.8357

Clownmug.8357

What people here are really trying to say is, “I played Mesmer before it was cool. I think I’m going to play insert profession so I can try out this new build. You’ve probably never heard of it.”

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

We ask for buffs and we finally get them. Then we complain about the buffs lol..

You know, it’s a funny psychological thing.

Personally, I’m very happy with most of the changes. I never really noticed how much I enjoyed playing a class that felt more difficult than other classes. With all these improvements, they’ve pushed more builds closer to viability, but that also means the build I used to play has become so mainstream (or rather.. was so common yesterday) that it actually kills some of the draw to play it.

Mesmer seems to be in a much better place now, even despite the buffs other classes received, and now has a bit more build diversity to play with… That should be awesome, yet I harbor some bitterness I can’t really explain!

I feel like some angry old man. “All these lockdown whippersnappers don’t know what it was REALLY like! Before Anet made it insanely easy to build a good lockdown build and literally rolled out all the traits for you perfectly! They don’t know about the struggle in the meta! The hours of practice! There was no guides for this back in my day! I wrote the durn’d guides!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zera.8907

Zera.8907

This. Like wtf?

Blackgate: Zera Mithrandir- Reaper| Zera Targaryen-Mes|Zera Naharis – Ranger|

in Mesmer

Sebrent.3625

@Chaos:
LMAO.

@Zera:
Complainers will complain complain complain :-p

It’s not good enough to be meta.
Now it’s good enough that more people are playing it.

I’m not sure there is a “just right” for some people.

Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Mesmer is less fun since they just gutted condition shatter.

Honestly I was happier with it before the patch and no IP.

in Mesmer

Posted by: tetrodoxin.2134

tetrodoxin.2134

Reroll. You’ll be back in a week max.

Anet hates [your class], since [other classes] got buffs while [your class] only received nerfs.

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

Reroll. You’ll be back in a week max.

Oh I’m not rerolling. Mesmer is the only reason I play gw2 so I’m going to have to change builds completely.

in Mesmer

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

Less talking and more links to this so called OP build =D

[HUE]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

I’m finding Mes much more fun to play now. It feels more fluid and better than before. I think the devs have done a good job. A lot of people are still experimenting with builds, so don’t use this period in time to estimate how good something is until the dust has settled.

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

Less talking and more links to this so called OP build =D

Jebro, mandj, myself, and 90% of lockdown players all over the world have linked variants of the same spec. Just roll dom/dueling/chaos grab all lockdown traits except furious interrupt (grab shattered concentration) grab a pistol and staff with zerker and you’re good to go.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

At the same time you have to remember that something can be fun even if it’s not just you playing it anymore. You just have to let go of the “I wanna be the underdog” and just enjoy – I know it’s tough, I’m the same. But at the same time, you enjoy what you enjoy, and if everybody else does it’s a shame to just not have that enjoyment for that reason.

If one legitimately feels things changed for the worse it’s obviously different, hehe.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

I play some kind of Shatterlock (Dom, Chaos, Illusions) and i honestly feel sorry for thieves sometimes. 1200 range insta-stun followed by oneshot shatter is like the worst thing that could happen to them.

People will hate me for bringing this up again, but on top of that burst i probably also have a higher stealth uptime than them.

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

I’m having a lot more fun now with Domination/Inspiration/x and Staff/Focus interrupt builds using mantras.

I actually prefer Chaos over Duelling because of the amazing staff trait here.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

youre all insane. this is the most fun mesmer has ever been. so many viable builds it makes my pants uncomfortable 24/7

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Mesmer build options and effectiveness have been so consistently kitten for so long that when they’re suddenly something else…you have no idea how to react.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but Mesmer requiring 10x more effort to accomplish what everyone else could do didn’t make it better or more fun…it just made it non-meta and aggravating to play. Now we’re getting a reward more appropriate to the effort we put in, and some deluded mesmers are asking for nerfs. It boggles the mind.

You can’t scream for buffs all the time and then turn around and ask for nerfs after you get buffed. Stupid threads like this are one of the reasons mesmers never get nice things.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

DON’T TOUCH MY SHATTER!
DON’T TOUCH MY MESMER!

Besides, all classes have there own nice burst also. & are more tanky

in Mesmer

Posted by: Loxsus.3841

Loxsus.3841

Tell me people aren’t surprised that Mesmer was the class to attract all the Hipsters?

“Oh my class and build? It’s so underground … you probably haven’t heard of it.”

… I tease :P

……. mostly.

I’m one of those you should hate. Played Mesmer and Ranger at the start but wife took Mesmer so I just stuck with ranger. She eventually gave up on mesmer so I decided to go back to it finally, just before all the changes hit. I can tell a remarkable difference though I can’t decide WHICH VIABLE SPEC TO PLAY!!

It’s an embarrassment of riches.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

Funny when I pointed out the GS bug/perma invi/insane burst, and Mesmer becoming quite out of hand, someone suddenly refers me as “thief/ranger troll” , and then this post comes out and people are agreeing with him. Hypocrisy is real.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I actually flipped over to my necro (mesmer is my main), for giggles. Mesmer is all about evading, necro is all about giving hugs .. COME TO MEEEE! WAIT! WHY ARE YOU RUNNING AWAY?!! I JUST WANT TO HUG YOU!!!

But yes, I took an odd pride in playing a class that not many wanted to … bummed a little I lost my beloved hybrid build too (used four trait lines and now forced into three ).

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in Mesmer

Posted by: LunarRXA.5062

LunarRXA.5062

Well, to be fair Chaos, I picked up Lockdown a while back when you first started promoting it. I spent some time learning it and I’ve been having a blast with it on occasion in unranked ever since. I felt like a god yesterday so in a way it felt really nice to be rewarded for learning how to react and counter specific animations.

The one thing that grinds my gears is Prismatic Understanding/Shatter Mesmer with Sword/Torch + X (Blink/Decoy/Mimic/M.I.) + The Pledge. You can’t fight people when you don’t know they’re there. Stealth used to be more like a “flip-book” in the sense that we would play around maybe 3-4 second stealth durations.

Being able to cast Phantasms and other spells while stealthed is broken and brain-dead. It’s one thing when you’re able to react; but that implies you know someone’s around…

Right now it’s incredibly over-tuned. Being able to sit in stealth for 12 or more seconds. (The record seems to be somewhere between 45 and 58 seconds) pretty much guarantees that you lull people into a false sense of security. Low duration stealth has mild counterplay; high duration does not. The boons on top of everything? I… just don’t want to talk about it.

Something like… http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-RFkg;1VPV11y6oV-71;9;4UTW;0237138237;4Wwl3L;1F-03F-03a0P

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jordy.1436

Jordy.1436

Things are too strong. I got bored of pvp pretty fast yesterday. I played around 20 matches and only lost 2-3 of them. This is not because i am good in anyway because before the patch it would be more like 50-50. Maybe it’s just because people are trying out all sorts of new builds and that’s why.

I’ll probably just wait a few weeks and see how things change but i was not having fun just completely annihilating everyone with a lockdown build.

ps: Also can’t believe how many pew pew rangers killed themselves thanks to mirror

in Mesmer

Sebrent.3625

4s Mirror + 2s from Blink … love it. I’m right there with you Jordy.

Better yourself.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Forsaken.4215

Forsaken.4215

OkAy one class will be easier than the other until we get specs remember mes gets shield which will make them lose DPS yo
It aint the end my friend

kenjutsu

in Mesmer

Vieux P.1238

Are main mesmer players really complaining? after all the kittening on how we wer subpart to all other classes? or is it only a few salty rangers among others trolling for a nerf?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jordy.1436

Jordy.1436

Are main mesmer players really complaining? after all the kittening on how we wer subpart to all other classes? or is it only a few salty rangers among others trolling for a nerf?

I’m as surprised as you are but, yes. Obviously we can’t say anything for certain since the patch is still new and a new meta has to be created but the fact that i was killing everyone left and right really surprised me. And it’s not because i played well

in Mesmer

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

I used to respect and admire good Mes players…not so much now. I no longer wish to play this class because the challenge is gone. You know something is wrong when I feel more skillful playing a Skull Crack Warrior than as a lockdown. I think the main culprits are IP being baseline and CS being so good now. Hit one daze and you’ll probably hit them all. Oh, and all the extra blind.

The burden of skill used to be on the Mesmer but now I think it’s the opposite. I’m pretty bummed.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Forsaken.4215

Forsaken.4215

I used to respect and admire good Mes players…not so much now. I no longer wish to play this class because the challenge is gone. You know something is wrong when I feel more skillful playing a Skull Crack Warrior than as a lockdown. I think the main culprits are IP being baseline and CS being so good now. Hit one daze and you’ll probably hit them all. Oh, and all the extra blind.

The burden of skill used to be on the Mesmer but now I think it’s the opposite. I’m pretty bummed.

Remember, its guild wars 2 Beta for the next 6-7 years

kenjutsu

in Mesmer

Vieux P.1238

i dont agree. sorry.. :/

in Mesmer

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

Playing a lock down warrior is for noobs sorry

Compared to what lockdown Mes is now it feels like rocket science in comparison. Also, hard to top the satisfaction of hitting a Crack and following with a 100b that deals 20% more damage AND you get quickness at 50%. Shame there’s little reason to bring one when Mes is so easy and strong now.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in Mesmer

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

LOL, just click insta cast ranged CC and watch people get one shot

in Mesmer

Posted by: Volarican.2157

Volarican.2157

I don’t play mesmer much but I wanted to hop on one and see what the damage looked like first-hand. Shatter mes can kill a light golem with two skills…Run at the golem while casting mirror blade, dodge toward it summoning a clone, and shatter. A lot of the time this split second burst kills it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: denis.9487

denis.9487

This is sad. We have what we asked for!!! Why complain. Checking on golems!!! What can a warrior do with a golem. The golem doesn’t move dodge anything.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Volarican.2157

Volarican.2157

Im just saying its a little of the top for how short of a cool down both abilities have.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

This is sad. We have what we asked for!!! Why complain. Checking on golems!!! What can a warrior do with a golem. The golem doesn’t move dodge anything.

Pretty sure no-one ask for PU buff… And then they went all the way to give it 100% more duration.

Also most mesmers were asking more survival options and diversity, not insane burst damage and infinite lock-down.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Mesmer’s still fun. However, I would’ve loved to actually see the Confusing Combatants change go live. Let alone MtD not getting nerfed the same frigging day the patch went live.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Sounds like a serious case of the whines to me. As I’ve said several times today; crying for nerfs and claiming the class isn’t “skilled” enough doesn’t make you cool.

If you don’t feel challenged please go away. I’ve waited years to be able to play shatter effectively. It’s idiotic to encourage ANET to nerf Mesmer when we have seen they are likely to trash anything we find effective anyway.

Please just leave and play something else.

Mesmerising Girl

in Mesmer

Vieux P.1238

I know..right? .. you should see the horror of damage dease classes does. so im sorry also that i’m not following the nerf bandwagon