Mesmer nerfs :(

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lctl.6198

Lctl.6198

Unkittening unbelievable. I’m demanding that all class if blind or if they attacking one invulnerable target get’s their skill under cooldown. Especially channeled skill and AoE type shouldn’t keep going on while under those effect.

Pretty sure that all professions abilities go on cooldown when they cast them while blinded, or a target is invuln.

This is true at least for Necro, Warrior, and Ranger.

Preety sure those skills dont have an HP Bar associated with them, nor a travel distance at the speed of a slug nor do they prevent defensive measures to be activated.

Illusion/clone mechanics keeps getting slapped, because despite having a cool concept, the implementation was crappy as kitten.

Plenty of my abilities on these other classes have long travel time issues, and get obstructed all the time.

Obvious bug is fixed, yet (shockingly) people still cry.

It wasnt a bug . The LOS was kinda a bug, yes.

The summoning of clones/illusions WAS NOT A fakking BUG. Sorry to burst your bubble.

We need them to be there for defense if we can’t use them for offense.

Im preety sure you can’t kill other classes means of GTFO or applying damage. This has been discussed over and over. Yet, people still like to say it to justify the constant slapping to mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ddoi.9264

ddoi.9264

Something tells me the phantasm nerf is going to start making Mesmers see “obstructed” when trying to cast them like other ranged attacks do on occasion.

Yep, tried running around in open pve and already started noticing this. I have to make sure there is absolutely nothing between me and my target for phantasm to be summoned. The slightest bump between me and my target gives me a big fat OBSTRUCTED, LOL message. Sad. Think you need to see the red circle on the ground when you select your enemy to be considered in LoS.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tekla.2139

Tekla.2139

Why is blind stopping us from channeling a phantom? i mean if anything i should just transfer blind to the first attack of our clone/phantasm to miss it’s first target.

Because our phantasms aren’t channeled abilities?

No. Our phantasma are one time skill.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bones.5762

Bones.5762

I’m just saying that blind shouldnt be able to completely overshadow your ablility to summon clones/phantasm.

Will you help me move?

in Mesmer

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

Unkittening unbelievable. I’m demanding that all class if blind or if they attacking one invulnerable target get’s their skill under cooldown. Especially channeled skill and AoE type shouldn’t keep going on while under those effect.

Pretty sure that all professions abilities go on cooldown when they cast them while blinded, or a target is invuln.

Preety sure those skills dont have an HP Bar associated with them, nor a travel distance at the speed of a slug nor do they prevent defensive measures to be activated.

Illusion/clone mechanics keeps getting slapped, because despite having a cool concept, the implementation was crappy as kitten.

Plenty of my abilities on these other classes have long travel time issues, and get obstructed all the time.

Obvious bug is fixed, yet (shockingly) people still cry.

It wasnt a bug . The LOS was kinda a bug, yes.

The summoning of clones/illusions WAS NOT A fakking BUG. Sorry to burst your bubble.

We need them to be there for defense if we can’t use them for offense.

Im preety sure you can’t kill other classes means of GTFO or applying damage. This has been discussed over and over. Yet, people still like to say it to justify the constant slapping to mesmers.

LoS was absolutely a bug, to suggest otherwise is silly and makes it hard to take your arguments seriuosly.

The casting while blinded was also a bug, at least in my eyes (and apparently the devs). I’m not sure why you think these abilities should not be affected while blinded, like all other attacks.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

in Mesmer

alanis.6094

Why is blind stopping us from channeling a phantom? i mean if anything i should just transfer blind to the first attack of our clone/phantasm to miss it’s first target.

Don’t cast them while blinded then?

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>

in Mesmer

Tekla.2139

Nope, you can spam all day long channled skill and AoE if blind or vs an invulnerable target. You’ll just lose the first hit. LOL! kitten this is it, i’m tired.

All channeled abilities will have 1 tick of the channeled actually blinded.

These abilities DO go on cooldown when used while blinded.

I’m not sure what your argument is…

I’m taking Hundred Blades as example, but keep in mind that I could have mentioned anything else, anyhow first, you won’t even need a target and second if you cast it while blinded you’ll lose in fact one thick out of 8. So, I don’t know really what YOU are talking about. Are we playing the same game, because i’m not sure.

You seem to be complaining that something working as intended is not the way you think it should be working, if I gather correctly.

Channeled abilities lose one hit of the channel each time they are blinded, but nothing changes with the cooldown (the ability still goes on cooldown).

How could this even be remotly possible. You saying that something is working as intended? fine by me. Apply it to all class and we’ll see.

in Mesmer

alanis.6094

I’m just saying that blind shouldnt be able to completely overshadow your ablility to summon clones/phantasm.

Why not, the sole purpose of blind is to prevent an ability from landing.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>

in Mesmer

alanis.6094

Nope, you can spam all day long channled skill and AoE if blind or vs an invulnerable target. You’ll just lose the first hit. LOL! kitten this is it, i’m tired.

I’m taking Hundred Blades as example, but keep in mind that I could have mentioned anything else, anyhow first, you won’t even need a target and second if you cast it while blinded you’ll lose in fact one thick out of 8. So, I don’t know really what YOU are talking about. Are we playing the same game, because i’m not sure.

You seem to be complaining that something working as intended is not the way you think it should be working, if I gather correctly.

Channeled abilities lose one hit of the channel each time they are blinded, but nothing changes with the cooldown (the ability still goes on cooldown).

How could this even be remotly possible. You saying that something is working as intended? fine by me. Apply it to all class and we’ll see.

How does it not apply to all classes? Every class I play that has channeled abilities has merely one hit of the channel blinded.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>

in Mesmer

Tekla.2139

Well, i can suggest TO BE UNABLE TO CAST while blinded? ( OBSCURED ) because you know that mesmer is not really a tough guy without phantasma?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Raksha.8049

Raksha.8049

Some blinds last a quarter of a second to half a second.

You could be at the end of channel or cast bar at that point and you can’t interupt skill usage in GW2 which pretty much shafts you.

in Mesmer

alanis.6094

You could be at the end of channel or cast bar at that point and you can’t interupt skill usage in GW2 which pretty much shafts you.

Seems like the mob/enemy timed his blind well.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>

in Mesmer

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Anyone tried the mesmer after the patch?
I just did in PVE and I was like O.o O.o O.o

The LOS is annoying as hell.. how should I know if the foe is 600 or 900 away from me? It just said something like “Out of range” and then the CD came.
when I am in downed mode how should I get out my two illusions.. same as above described happened.. foe out of range (not of sight!!) and CD…

Does “out of range” mean “out of sight”?
Because I see my enemy and I am not that far away (just played like before) and we are on same level (no one standing on a wall), but it says “out of range” and the cd comes..

:-?

Moa: Which new abilities do they get? Anything that can break Moa Form?
I did cast it 4 times on a champion modniir and:
1. he was a moa for about 3 seconds
2. he was a moa for about 6 seconds
3. moa did not affect him (I was really close to him; he didn’t dodge away or something like that), but CD immediately
4. moa did not affect him (as described above), but CD immediately

Is that supposed to work so?

in Mesmer

Tekla.2139

How does it not apply to all classes? Every class I play that has channeled abilities has merely one hit of the channel blinded.

Perhaps you ain’t getting it. If you cast iBerserk while blind it fail and goes on CD.

in Mesmer

Raksha.8049

Seems like the mob/enemy timed his blind well.

It would appear that way, but it is more annoying then anything and I am pretty sure it mostly falls on luck and has nothing to do with skill.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kelesti.2458

Kelesti.2458

The undocumented Phantasm nerf hurts just as much too. Berserker and Swordsman were hitting a lot harder than they are now.

(edited by Kelesti.2458)

in Mesmer

Raksha.8049

The undocumented Phantasm nerf hurts just as much too. Berserker and Phantasm were hitting a lot harder than they are now.

Thats my main gripe atm, the skills are situational in thier current state. They are also very fragile and can be killed instantly.

We sacrafice almost every facet of AoE ability to pour it into Illusions, and yet, that is being removed also.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Stratigo.1976

Stratigo.1976

They do seem weaker, but that may be just psychology. Or they may have broken something by accident. Patching is not a smooth process, and fixing a LoS issue might have had them accidentally shuffle a number somewhere

And the problem with LoS is that it is incredibly buggy, half the stuff in this game ends up being obscured, and suddenly our ability is on CD

Also with how often people run around in PvP, having a loooong kitten CD as people kitten around behind you is a pain.

Also, can Anet fix mantras sometime? The mantras themselves are just completely terrible and only exist for trait benefits. They are just so bad.

(edited by Stratigo.1976)

in Mesmer

alanis.6094

Perhaps you ain’t getting it. If you cast iBerserk while blind it fail and goes on CD.

As it does with all similar abilities. If I cast a Mark on my necro while blinded, it goes on CD.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mystiq Angelic.8193

Mystiq Angelic.8193

The undocumented Phantasm nerf hurts just as much too. Berserker and Phantasm were hitting a lot harder than they are now.

This is what I’ve just found out too in my recent testing after the patch. The initial first strike by Phantasmal Berserker does NOT do its full damage or it could be the number of hits for its first strike is reduced or the damage output for the first strike is reduced. The second attack does more damage than its initial attack. I’m not sure if this is a bug or not. This further ties with the general survival ability issues with phantasms that rarely lives through its second attack, so that means our phantasm’s first strike is usually our measure for our overall DPS. The damage reduction is by as much as roughly ~50% and it’s very noticeable. My attack is 3k and with 25 stacks of superior sigil of bloodlust that brings up to about 3.3k attack. My crit chance is 60% and +crit damage is 40% and the first attack by Phantasmal Berserker on CRIT will does 1400~2000 and without crit it hit just slightly over 1k. It’s a major disappointment to realize that my auto attack does the SAME damage as my Berserker. It feels really lackluster to kill things with GS now and our DPS using GS went down significantly after this patch.

I think this may be the end for me as a Mesmer with over 1100 hours clocked.

“If you sacrifice nothing, you gain nothing”
GWAMM & CotG
[HERO] – Star Leader – Black Gate

in Mesmer

Tekla.2139

As it does with all similar abilities. If I cast a Mark on my necro while blinded, it goes on CD.

Is mark your primary source of damage while killing something into the wild? nope.
Is mark a type of skill which require your target to be SELECTED for you to be able to cast under it’s feet a delayed mark? nope.
Is mark a single non AoE conditioning debuff? nope.

What is your propuse around here exactly? Asking question to me?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Defilade.8569

Defilade.8569

Yeah, iberserker seems to be doing about 50% less damage for me. I posted on the bug forums, maybe I will get a response. If this is an intentional nerf, it is freaking huge. I mean 50% less damage, did anet think we wouldn’t notice?

in Mesmer

alanis.6094

Just trying to figure out why you think we should get special treatment against blinds.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>

in Mesmer

Mystiq Angelic.8193

Yeah, iberserker seems to be doing about 50% less damage for me. I posted on the bug forums, maybe I will get a response. If this is an intentional nerf, it is freaking huge. I mean 50% less damage, did anet think we wouldn’t notice?

Glad that you took the initiative and posted about it on the bug forum. The damage reduction is so severe that it has to be bugged, also I noticed the average number of hits by Berserker is reduced down to just 3 hits per each of its swirl. That’s the result from what I just tested at HotM. My pvp mesmer stats has 2.7k attack, 58% crit chance and +37% crit dmg. Against stationary heavy golem, the initial attack by Berserker does roughly 500~1k and my auto attack can sometimes hit more than that. It’s just absurd how our phantasm is behaving right now. This is too much of a hit for me that I find myself unmotivated to do anything and even lost my interest in the upcoming new event. I’m afraid this may be the end of GW2 for me after so much time invested on my mes, 1100 hours +.

GWAMM & CotG

in Mesmer

Tekla.2139

I can also confirm that the initial damage for iBerserk is cut in half on it’s first appearance.

in Mesmer

Posted by: E Tan.7385

E Tan.7385

Well I just messed around with the nerfs and Im heavily dissapointed.. My IZerker seems to be doing less damage than normal (600-1k Crit instead of 3-5k depending on crits). It also blows that the Zerker and any other phantasms for that matter can fail and start full CD while clones still pop on anything Invulnerable or dodging, have yet to try blinded but im sure its the same. I can understand the LoS although I did enjoy it and I think something that fragile wouldnt be so game breaking when it gets 2 shotted by a butter knife.

Time to start rethinking my build. To bad a Mesmer in the right hands can be amazing and so we’re penalized for it.

Same here, i made somes test, the max crit still look the same for me, but it look like too the the berserker make more often a very small amount of damage compare to the pre-nerf. Its really annoying….

Like he made servan Crit at only 800… thing who NEVER happend before, and only made something like 400damage.. same thing never happend before :/

Bad nerf, that create new bug who will certainly never solved…

VERY good job Anet… ( irony inside )

“we leave the grind to other MMOs.”
Mike Obrien
Legen – Wait for It – dary joke

in Mesmer

Tekla.2139

Just trying to figure out why you think we should get special treatment against blinds.

Special treatment. Again, i’d like to see these changes applyed over all class.

Be advise: I’m not saying that for real because Anet will lose ton of player, since the game will be completely broken at that point.

(edited by Tekla.2139)

in Mesmer

alanis.6094

Special treatment. Again, i’d like to see these change applyed over all class.

Be advise: I’m not saying that for real because Anet will lose ton of player, since the game will be completely broken at that point.

I don’t think you’ve identified any discrepancies between what happens for the Mesmer and what happens with other professions.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hudry.3489

Hudry.3489

Indeed berserker damage feels completely off. For god’s sake I’ve had several times zerkers hitting for 700 damage on summon (and it was a full spinning, they didn’t die during the animation or anything like that). Even without crit it’s ridiculously low damage as I have 3k attack.

I hope this is just a bug that will addressed quickly. In the meantime, my greatsword will remain in my inventory. At least warden and warlock don’t seem affected …

in Mesmer

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

So far from testing this is what I notice

- zerker initial damage is down for sure.

- iMage confusion scales with your condition damage now and it will stack with any other confusion you apply but from what I can tell the mages confusion stacks with drop of faster than your other confusion stacks so optimal seems to be apply whatever confusion you want if traited for 33% longer confusion then apply your iWarlock confusion. As far as I know none of these happened before which is why warlock wasn’t very good.

- scepter auto attack doesn’t overwrite phantasms anymore(bug fix?)

need to look illusions summoning skills reduced to see if it changes anything on iLeap an reposite and scepter block havent tested those yet.

I will say that I am still testing torch its still is kind of niche because of the retal thing with warlock but I do like that warlocks confusion scales now. 3 stacks for me is 1k on skill use added with 5 stacks from scepter is pretty good.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Mesmer

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

the blind nerf is fine, just autoattack once before summoning.

however dodge rolling also obstructing the summon is completely kitten before, it would summon but the first attack made by the phantasm would get evaded, which makes sense, this atleast gives you an illusion to shatter, or hope it stays alive to make a second attack. but now you’re taking away half your illusion generation skills, the core mechanic of the class.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

It would be great if some more people would describe the “bug” with the beserkers damage in this thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/iberserker-doing-significantly-less-damage/first#post748838 .
They maybe will have a look at it sooner, the more people describe what’s happening to them.

in Mesmer

Posted by: TantriC.2865

TantriC.2865

Anet: Our Nerfs will blot out the sun!

Mesmers: Then we will shatter in the shade!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

any1 else noticed how bs damage from iBerserker is now? WTF… its not even in the patch notes and now the phantasm spikes for like 250-400 damage instead of 700+

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Karthaugh.6532

Karthaugh.6532

Seriously, the amount of overreaction here is ridiculous. Nerf???? 30 second cd to portal is pretty much negligible in its effects. Moa? we now get it underwater, and from what I’ve checked with my guildies the only noticeable changes we saw were skills 4 (a typical moa daze) and 5 (a warrior type charge).

And the LoS thing? absolutely broken as it was. Some of the comments I’ve seen……. >.> you can swap to staff on sieges, I do, and I have no problem hitting targets on walls. You know what? lets have thief summoned thieves not need LoS, and Elementalist and Necro pets! All pets! any pets!.

Mesmer remains one of the strongest classes in the game. I didn’t really notice the blind thing, since with Iwarden I had already seen it blocked/obstructed/evaded and not spawn, so I thought it was the same with all those kinds of skills (also thought moa worked that way) and it makes sense to me.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Odaman.8359

Odaman.8359

Seriously, the amount of overreaction here is ridiculous. Nerf???? 30 second cd to portal is pretty much negligible in its effects. Moa? we now get it underwater, and from what I’ve checked with my guildies the only noticeable changes we saw were skills 4 (a typical moa daze) and 5 (a warrior type charge).

And the LoS thing? absolutely broken as it was. Some of the comments I’ve seen……. >.> you can swap to staff on sieges, I do, and I have no problem hitting targets on walls. You know what? lets have thief summoned thieves not need LoS, and Elementalist and Necro pets! All pets! any pets!.

Mesmer remains one of the strongest classes in the game. I didn’t really notice the blind thing, since with Iwarden I had already seen it blocked/obstructed/evaded and not spawn, so I thought it was the same with all those kinds of skills (also thought moa worked that way) and it makes sense to me.

Yes, you use staff to use a high cd aoe that does pretty much 0 dmg. I don’t mind the los nerf, but I do wish they had the foresight to know we’d be worthless in offensive siege other than support features and feedback (which still ignores los o noes nerf).

I was liking shatter build anyways and this gave me more reasons to run it, especially with the ninja nerf to zerker damage and the failed fix for phantasmal haste.

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma

in Mesmer

Posted by: Winds.3087

Winds.3087

To start with, ele and necro pets don’t need any target to be summoned, therefore they don’t care about los. Not sure about thieves guild though.
And any normal mesmer will never use storm on wall. Why? Because it’s better to throw it in the bunch of your allies and grant some of them aegis, then deal laughable 800 crit to that guy on wall.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Thieves guild doesn’t require you to have a target at all to summon them.

Phantoms are not pets.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Mesmer

Tekla.2139

Special treatment. Again, i’d like to see these change applyed over all class.

I don’t think you’ve identified any discrepancies between what happens for the Mesmer and what happens with other professions.

It happen that if you equip the toilet paper and use it’s skill, you’ll get the same result as to having a weapon equipped in either your hands while “sumonning” a phantasma.
I have not that deeply knowledge involved through all class in game like you. So, i can’t really comment anymore.. I mean: I won’t answer to you in particular.

(edited by Tekla.2139)

in Mesmer

Posted by: gamefreak.5673

gamefreak.5673

To start with, ele and necro pets don’t need any target to be summoned, therefore they don’t care about los. Not sure about thieves guild though.
And any normal mesmer will never use storm on wall. Why? Because it’s better to throw it in the bunch of your allies and grant some of them aegis, then deal laughable 800 crit to that guy on wall.

Also necro pets do not run though/up walls to attack players, even teh ranged ones will almost never target/hit a player on a wall. Ive seen my wurm look like he was attacking, but i never say any damage in my combat logs

in Mesmer

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

People are overreacting as usual.

The Phantasm LOS and Blind/Invulnerability nerf actually only nerfed a few Phantasms, in particular Berserker; because most other Phantasms already require LOS and are already negated by Blind/Invulnerability even before this patch.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

If they wanted to make our phantoms more like thieves guild I wouldn’t have any problems with that. They sit by the player and wait for things to come into los then jump on them. Make ours do that if they aren’t in los. In NO case do they just not appear at all. Blind/dodge make no difference with thieves guild as well.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Mesmer

Posted by: venusiano.8246

venusiano.8246

GS utility and the mesmer as a class has been seriously nerfed due out only attack at people and weaponry in siege walls (or any high place) been removed (Chaos Storm is a joke). I though they were going to make Mind Stab a useful AoE skill or at least fix the LoS issues (“obstructed”), but they did just the opposite.

Now our utility in siege situations is close to zero. The only thing left is to taxi people via portals. No wait… they were also nerfed.

in Mesmer

wads.5730

The Phantasm LOS and Blind/Invulnerability nerf actually only nerfed a few Phantasms, in particular Berserker; because most other Phantasms already require LOS and are already negated by Blind/Invulnerability even before this patch.

except berserker was the only option mesmers had to contributing to a seige.

you know something is kittened up with the class when a bug fix to a single skill completely destroys a mesmers abilities when attacking in wvw.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Somna.5168

Somna.5168

Pfff.

That portal adjustment was worthless.

They should just make taking a portal cause the loading screen to come up for a few seconds.

in Mesmer

Embolism.8106

you know something is kittened up with the class when a bug fix to a single skill completely destroys a mesmers abilities when attacking in wvw.

I know, although it actually isn’t impossible to conjure LOS requiring Phantasms on walls: I’ve managed to cast Warden up there many times, dealing AoE damage and watching fools shoot themselves. It does fail sometimes for no apparent reason (as sometimes you can’t tell if someone is in LOS of your character or not), but it is far from impossible.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Winds.3087

Winds.3087

Also necro pets do not run though/up walls to attack players, even teh ranged ones will almost never target/hit a player on a wall. Ive seen my wurm look like he was attacking, but i never say any damage in my combat logs

Just like ele’s pets.
However, man, you still have your marks! Not much, but at least something to slap that smartkittens on walls. We lost our only reliable way to deal damage. Buggy damage, surely.
Our second “only way” is jumping while skill still casting in hopes it will fire.

in Mesmer

wads.5730

I know, although it actually isn’t impossible to conjure LOS requiring Phantasms on walls: I’ve managed to cast Warden up there many times, dealing AoE damage and watching fools shoot themselves. It does fail sometimes for no apparent reason (as sometimes you can’t tell if someone is in LOS of your character or not), but it is far from impossible.

you managed to summon warden up there because they were standing on the little lip at the edge, in which case anything could hit them.

in Mesmer

Mystiq Angelic.8193

Yes, you use staff to use a high cd aoe that does pretty much 0 dmg. I don’t mind the los nerf, but I do wish they had the foresight to know we’d be worthless in offensive siege other than support features and feedback (which still ignores los o noes nerf).

I was liking shatter build anyways and this gave me more reasons to run it, especially with the ninja nerf to zerker damage and the failed fix for phantasmal haste.

For anyone who is suggesting staff as an offensive measure in capturing a tower/fort/castle shows you have little understanding about Mesmer. Like others have mentioned many times in the past, the duration lasts only 5 secs and can be easily avoided by moving away or dodged away from the ground AoE. The damage it dealt to structure, sieges or even players is just a minor irritant. The main usage of Chaos Storm is more of a defensive measure than offensive measure. You’re not going to kill anything or anyone even standing still in its full duration. The main source of damage for Chaos Storm is condition and that does nothing to structural and siege weapons and its source for conditional conditional damage can be mitigated by conditional removal or simply take 2 steps away to get out of harms way.

The less we need for false suggestion in this community the better. Do not try to mislead people.

GWAMM & CotG

in Mesmer

Embolism.8106

you managed to summon warden up there because they were standing on the little lip at the edge, in which case anything could hit them.

And what’s wrong with that? Defensive fortifications are meant to protect whoever’s inside, I think it’s quite reasonable for defenders to be vulnerable if they try to get a better shot.