[OMFG] BotM Contest (Sept) *FINAL RESULTS*

in Mesmer

Posted by: Overlord.7394

Overlord.7394

If I am with my mother during winter break, I’d love to participate in a couple of months. My dad will be on my case too much for me to have that kind of free time.

My name is Remy. I’m a proud member of Lion Knights. Defender of Borlis Pass.
80s: Mesmer, Engineer, Guardian.
In progress: Warrior 52.

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

Thanks guys for all the feedback. I’m pleased to see a steady increase of interest from you guys.

@ Natsu: your build has been registered.

Maybe I’ll just make a new post with the condition build (and its variants) and give it a new name so that it won’t be confused with the other one. Due to RL stuff and most of my free time in GW2 is doing SAB and dailies, I don’t think I can make it in time for this BotM, but perhaps next month I can.

@ Phloww: yes I totally agree that you should make a new thread to showcase your new condition build, even if it’s based on another build of yours. If you can’t participate this month, you can always try next month. I will make note of this.

(edited by keenlam.4753)

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Keenlam. Put in the clone spammer build. By far one of if not the best mesmer condi build.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

You lot are beginning to tempt me … and I’m usually a secretive mofo.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Mesmer

keenlam.4753

Keenlam. Put in the clone spammer build. By far one of if not the best mesmer condi build.

@ jportell: Thanks, I’m flattered. As I’m running this event, i should probably sit this one out to prevent any conflict of interest. Maybe next month, when someone else could take up my mantle

You lot are beginning to tempt me … and I’m usually a secretive mofo.

@ Advent: then what you’re waiting for

in Mesmer

keenlam.4753

OFFICIAL COMMENCEMENT OF SEPTEMBER’S BOTM CONTEST

Hi guys,
With great excitement, I’d like to announce the official commencement of this month’s BoTM contest.

This event has so far received a great deal of interest and I’ve received a lot of good feedbacks from you guys. Now that we have everything in order, lets get the party started.

There are currently 3 builds registered for the contest, each is unique in its own rights.
I’m sure there will be more coming, just make sure you submit the build before the closing date (next Tuesday, 10/9). Note that we can be flexible with the deadline, but please don’t be too late.

To every one takes part in this event, please familiarize yourselves with the rules and information posted at the start of the thread on first page. I will try to update the Scoreboard section on a regular basis.

@ Participants:
- Please submit your build here.
- Please engage with the ORB in-game as soon as you can to facilitate the grading and testing of your build later on.
- Please compete in the spirit of fairplay.
Good luck to all of our contestants.

@ Voters (the Crowd):
- You can check out the participating builds listed in the Scoreboard section (first page)
- If you like a build, post and cast your vote here in this thread.
- If you don’t like a build, you can cast a downvote as well but please be respectful to the participating team. They work hard to bring forward good ideas for the community and that alone should be appreciated.
Happy voting guys.

This is the first time we run this event, its inevitably we will have some hiccups along the way, but I’m hopeful that we’ll all work together to make it successful. Thanks all for your great contribution and cooperation.

(phase retreat to exit stage /mesmerstyle)

in Mesmer

Posted by: themenaceofseventhdimension.2075

themenaceofseventhdimension.2075

Ohh! got a pretty darn good idea. How about. We choose the best builds to represent our guild. in the areas of:

DPS
Support
Condition

Of course, this would be set up after the contest ends, and unless some other build comes along that does better than the chosen builds that were already set, these builds become like a guide line for people in our OMFG guild.

in Mesmer

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

How about we don’t, because basically any power-spec’d build can offer all three of those.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

in Mesmer

yah that is tru, but I was thinking of soemthing that was geared specifically towards those things. Like if a hybrid build comes along, it should have its own category as the guide line for all people who love it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gummiplutt.7493

Gummiplutt.7493

Well, I don’t see why I shouldn’t offer my build as well in this competition!

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/BUILD-Manipulative-Minx/first#post2801183

Author of Manipulative Minx
Narcissa Kyle – a mesmer with a thing for them looks, ya’ll!

in Mesmer

keenlam.4753

Well, I don’t see why I shouldn’t offer my build as well in this competition!

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/BUILD-Manipulative-Minx/first#post2801183

@ Gummiplutt: hi there, do you have a testing partner? You need someone with a tester rank in the guild pairing up with you to enter the contest.

May I kindly suggest you read and familiarize yourself with all the rules and information posted on page 1 then repost to let me know when you’re ready?

Cheers

(edited by keenlam.4753)

in Mesmer

Can a tester also take the valuable time to see this build plz?
I have some good ideas for changes in my build. I am planning to put a PU condition build in the contest. It is called Hidden Plague. Keenlam, could you help me find a partner? and BTW, don’t put this build in the contest registration yet. I want to improve the build more. ty for your time.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

I’d like to enter the contest with my Etheral Interventionist, too. However, I am still looking for a tester. And probably someone who can explain me how recording is done best.

Anyone got spare time and can help me?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

I’d like to enter the contest with my Etheral Interventionist, too. However, I am still looking for a tester. And probably someone who can explain me how recording is done best.

Anyone got spare time and can help me?

Looks like an interesting build! I can help you with recording, and if needed i can record for you. Im on an EU server though.

With my settings, video quality looks something like this , I’m always trying to improve (without succes) though!

Feel free to either PM me here, or whisper me in game.

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

in Mesmer

keenlam.4753

Hi guys,
Deadline tomorrow: Just a quick reminder that tomorrow will be the last day to submit your build for this month contest.

Also, so far this thread has received zero votes on the participating builds, which is a bit disappointing. There are currently 100+ members in the guild atm, so the Crowd should have no less than 90 people.

May I ask for your precious little time to have a look through the builds and cast your vote on them?
Thanks guys.

(edited by keenlam.4753)

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Build Name: chillruption condition
Maker’s name: skcamow
Test Partner Name: Deathcon.5903
Link to Build Thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Build-ChillRuption/first#post2374546

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

Ö

I didnt know we were already supposed to vote :O

Ill +1 the blackwater build. Its identical to the condition build i run in pvp, and my favourite ^__^.
+1 to bountifull interruption. I love playing support and Pvp. I thought they didnt mix, but this build proved me wrong.
I havent tried chilleuption, just didnt ‘see it’ when i looked at it :/.
Same goes for evasive signets, I only have money to buy 1 gesr set, and i dont really enjoy tanky builds.

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

in Mesmer

keenlam.4753

@ skcamow: your build has been registered and is now under review for originality.

@ Alissah: thanks, you’re the best =). Your upvote to Sensotix’s BI build has been put on hold because the build is still under review for originality. Your upvote to Blackwater build, on the other hand, has been recorded.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

If nothing else, I’ll +1 ChillRuption. I’ve played around with a similar setup, and it’s nasty for small group fights.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Mesmer

Xaylin.1860

+1 for Sensotix Build. Enjoyed this build. A lot of boons and interrupting is fun. Although, I still prefer my own approach *grin.

+0 for Chillruption. I really really like the idea behind it. It just didn’t do it for me when playing it. Since chilling someone is a major part of the build I feel that a different weapon set up (sw/x and staff) would benefit a lot more from the chill on swap because its a point blanket effect.

Didn’t have any time to test or have a closer look at the other builds.

Still looking for a tester so I can enter the contest with my own build.
Anyone got any spare time? Would be highly appretiated.

in Mesmer

skcamow.3527

@Xaylin, the chillruption build you probably tried was the original power build. I just posted a brand new, completely different condition damage build (which I entered into the contest) if you want to take a look.

in Mesmer

Done!!!!! Frickin Done!!! Ima so frickin happy!!!! Thank you all people who gave me aweseome feedbacks!!!! mostly Jportell~!! lol.

Keenlam, I would like to enter the Hidden Plague build right now. I have frickin finished it!!! Yeah!!!!.

To all people who are voting: I don’t care if everyone of you downvote this build. I just hope that you guyz will be able to try it out and enjoy it!!. Thank you for hosting this event OMFG. Best guild ever!!!! Again, I just hope taht you guyz will try and enjoy this build. I seriously don’t care if the majority of you down vote this build. Anyways, good luck to all my fellow competitors! May Lyssa Bless you!!!! lol.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Marsares.2053

Marsares.2053

Sensotix Bountiful Interruption
+1
Reason: it’s a viable build that works very well in tPvP. It gives the player good survivability due to a relatively high amount of boon generation, whilst generating an impressive amount of Might which subsequently can be shared with your team mates. Not only are you effective on your own, you also bring a lot to your team mates. For once, my Mesmer felt useful to its team other than through the box-standard utilities. Spend most of my weekend testing this build and literally had a blast doing so.

Natsu Blackwater Build
+1
Reason: for coming up with a build that works very well in the current meta and can be utilised to great effect whilst roaming in the lakes. This build formed the inspiration for my current roaming spec. Although I’ve adapted it quite a lot trait-wise in order to suit my particular play-style, it got me back into playing a condition spec. And I know that I’m not alone when I say that many Mesmers have taken his build as the core of their spec.

Menace Ultimate Hidden Beast Epic Fail Mesmer Plague Salvation Build
Reason (x5):
- For randomly theorycrafting on the forum without any due diligence or testing
- For constantly bumping his own thread and renaming it a gazillion times
- For putting “salvation” into his build title, pretending it’s the one build that saves us all
- For claiming that his “build destroys all other classes completely around 90% of the time” whilst he doesn’t understand the basics of how traits, runes, sigils interact
- For constantly being defensive and argumentative with those who try to show the err of his ways

In general, he’s trolling and polluting the forum and generally devalues the Mesmer community by misinforming others with his ill-thought out “builds”.

(edited by Marsares.2053)

in Mesmer

Lol. I get that you are mad, but to me, you just can’t accept my point of view too. I completely understand your way of thinking, but I guess I can’t even make conversations with you anymore. Anyhow, I hope that someone puts the -5 points into the score chart. Everyone needs their thoughts officialized.

Edit: Also reason I said this build can beat all classes except Mesmers and Thieves 90% of the time is because it is true. No other reasons but that sole fact. Of course they can beat me, any class can, but I’m just pointing out that it will be kitten hard for other classes to beat a Mesmer. This goes to all Mesmers in the game.

(edited by themenaceofseventhdimension.2075)

in Mesmer

Yah, I do understand why you would be mad. I have changed the thread name too often and turned it into a chaotic thing. Also I have been slightly arguing with you on my opinion too. I guess all I have to say is I am humbled. You know, let’s not talk about this thing here, wouldn’t be fair to other people to witness such things. If you still want to talk, I hope that you will continue in my thread.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nikked.7365

Nikked.7365

Let’s not diminish Keenlam’s awesome competition here with the back and forth.

Let the builds speak for themselves. If you have a dispute, take it to the arena and duke it out. Last person standing wins

Jacked Jackal :: Norn Mesmer :: Giant and Fabulous
Dragonbrand

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Gah. Sorry I’ve been out of it recently guys, didn’t get around to a few posts I had wanted to make.

@keenlam: Do you mind if we extend the submissions by another week? I’m sure a few more people wanted to submit and meet up with testers.

Menace Ultimate Hidden Beast Epic Fail Mesmer Plague Salvation Build
Reason (x5):
- For randomly theorycrafting on the forum without any due diligence or testing
- For constantly bumping his own thread and renaming it a gazillion times
- For putting “salvation” into his build title, pretending it’s the one build that saves us all
- For claiming that his “build destroys all other classes completely around 90% of the time” whilst he doesn’t understand the basics of how traits, runes, sigils interact
– For constantly being defensive and argumentative with those who try to show the err of his ways

In general, he’s trolling and polluting the forum and generally devalues the Mesmer community by misinforming others with his ill-thought out “builds”.

While I do see your point of view for ALL of those, the ones I bolded give me a bit of concern. I don’t think it’s fair to downvote a build because of your opinion of the creator. Sure Menace is young, pretentious, and impetuous but he’s participating in this tournament and should have just as much of a fair chance based off the BUILD as anyone else.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nikked.7365

Nikked.7365

Just to make sure I did this correctly, I check out the scoreboard and cast a vote, yeah?

Scoreboard post link: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/OMFG-Build-of-the-Month-Contest-September/first#post2766574

Certainly no downvotes for me to cast here.

+1 to Sensotix’s Bountiful Interruptions. The build rewards skilled game play, and it’s a team player. Can’t wait to get better with it!

Jacked Jackal :: Norn Mesmer :: Giant and Fabulous
Dragonbrand

(edited by Nikked.7365)

in Mesmer

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

Can I -5 menace’s build too?

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

in Mesmer

skcamow.3527

@Menace, to properly register your build, you need to find a tester and then post it in this thread in the proper format (see the OP). Only then will Keenlam officially accept your build as “registered”.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gozzo.7380

Gozzo.7380

+1 Natsus Blackwater build. Love it and it’s trolling abilities since the first minute i tested it. The traits synergice well and it allows a well rounded playstyle.

To the issue with menace’s build. I think this contest should be free of any animosities that focus on certain players. let’s be sportsmen here. There are couple of other threads for this issue.

in Mesmer

kitten. Sorry for messing it up skcamow. Thank you for lettin me know. Gozzo. Let the build speak not us fighting, if in the end, my build proves to be bad, then you can crap at me all you want, and even if that happens, I believe in this build, because I have done 1 vs 2 plus all day long with this bad boy and I believe in it.

in Mesmer

Build Name: Hidden Plague
Originator name: Menathion
Tester Name: Nonsense Verses
Link: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Menace-s-Hidden-Plague-Mesmer-Build/page/3#post2815770

If I am too late, then that’s that.

to those of you willing to try out this build:

DO Not ABuse your stealth!!!

Use Chaos storm to your advantage!

in Mesmer

keenlam.4753

Hi guys,

As I am aware that people are having difficulties finding testers to join the contest, I gladly extend the deadline to Sunday 15th Sept. However, please be advised that Stage 1 still ends on patch day (17th Sept) which means if you submit your build just in time for deadline, you have only around 2 days to refine and finalize your build for stage 2.

Some quick tips:
- please check the guild member list for anyone with Tester rank (someone with swirling symbol iirc) and pm them to ask for their cooperation.
- also, if you want to help out your friend, you can ask any member with Teacher rank to change your rank to Tester rank so you can group up for the contest.

@ Chaos: there are some builds still currently under review for originality (Sensotix’s BI build and skcamow’s Chillruption build). Can you discuss with Pyro and Fay to review them and get back to me promptly? Thanks, Chaos.

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Hmmm should I enter? IONO!!!!!!!!!

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

skcamow.3527

Hmmm should I enter? IONO!!!!!!!!!

Of course, the more the merrier.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Remnant.3240

Remnant.3240

I really want to get into voting, but it’s kind of hard to vote or downvote someone’s build unless it has been tested by myself. Plus I think most of us in the guild are scholars, maybe that’s the reason why you’re not seeing a lot of votes? I have no idea how these builds work and feel like, so I can’t really vote with a logical reason. I feel like votes are kind of limited to teachers and testers.

in Mesmer

keenlam.4753

@ Remmant and others who has the same perception about voting:

If you’re a part of the Crowd, you can vote regardless of your rank. As long as you can provide a logically sound reason, your vote will count. You don’t have to prove that you have spent time playing and testing out that build at all.

I give some examples:
A build is usually based on a central idea, if you like the idea you can upvote.
Originators usually showcase the build with a build editor where you can have a look through the resulting stats, weapon choice, trait choice, etc. and form your opinion on the build and vote for or against it.

And that’s why these votes are called popularity votes.

(edited by keenlam.4753)

in Mesmer

keenlam.4753

Scoreboard updated. Thanks all for voting.

in Mesmer

keenlam.4753

All 4 builds have been reviewed and approved for originality. Keep on voting guys.

@ Menace: could you please provide the tester account name so that I can double check. Character name is hard for me to verify.

(edited by keenlam.4753)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Phloww.1048

Phloww.1048

I was gonna wait till next BotM, but with the extended date, it’s tempting me….and there’s already some very good builds submitted.

in Mesmer

keenlam.4753

Just bumping this thread up to page 1 so people are aware of the contest and the voting process.

in Mesmer

Xaylin.1860

@Xaylin, the chillruption build you probably tried was the original power build. I just posted a brand new, completely different condition damage build (which I entered into the contest) if you want to take a look.

My bad.

Had a look at your new build. I think it is solid. But I also feel like it lost its focus – or at least doesn’t relate to its origin and name anymore – due to several reasons:

• Less daze/rupt because you ditched Imbued Diversion
    (For covering up confusion with bleeds…?)
  • No chill on weaponswap
    (For covering up confusion with poison…?)
  • Less powerful synergy for Chaotic Interruption
    (Magic Bullet stuns/dazes for 2s anyway, Veil knocks down anyway)

Its more a perplexity build than it is a chillruption build. Still solid, I guess. I just think your initial power build was way more intriguing and unique. So still a +0 from me. Sorry.

I think it is a great build. However, its power substantially comes from the Perplexity Runes. Basically, every build using these runes will be able to achieve a very similar outcome. Even if it wasn’t a Mesmer. It also lacks a reliable (!) way to remove stability if needed which I feel is important for an interrupt build.

As I said, I think it is a very good build. But for me personally, it is too exchangable for upvoting it.

It would be great if the currently contesting builds and recent news were in the FIRST post of this thread.

in Mesmer

skcamow.3527

@Xaylin, guess I could have changed the name, but I think CI is strong enough it still warrants it. ID is wasted in 1v1, and I needed the bleeds to provide enough condition pressure. I have no problem proc’ing plenty of confusion (see video). Same reason I took doom sigil vs hydromancy, more condition pressure.

Also agreed, magic bullet stun is one thing that counters CI, though the CI proc’d conditions do last beyond the stun. BUT, in 1vMany don’t forget the 2nd bounce is daze, which CI works good with.

We will likely be playing around with a staff/sc-p variant which will introduce more chill back in (via CS). We’ll see, and thanks for the feedback and for voting!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

@Xaylin, My Blackwater build is not an interrupt build and never will be, why would I need to remove stability when i’m not trying to interrupt?, it makes no changes to me if they have stability or not. The power does not come substantially from the perplexity runes, and does pretty much exactly the same with other condition based runes like the un dead.

The only reason I chose to replace the un dead runes with perplexity was simply because I felt that 3 stacks of confusion every 15 seconds or so would be more useful then a small amount of condition damage, I rarely, if ever get the 6th to proc and don’t exactly try to, but if it does, then so be it.

Just letting you know ^^

in Mesmer

Xaylin.1860

@Xaylin, My Blackwater build is not an interrupt build and never will be, why would I need to remove stability when i’m not trying to interrupt?, it makes no changes to me if they have stability or not. The power does not come substantially from the perplexity runes, and does pretty much exactly the same with other condition based runes like the un dead.

The only reason I chose to replace the un dead runes with perplexity was simply because I felt that 3 stacks of confusion every 15 seconds or so would be more useful then a small amount of condition damage, I rarely, if ever get the 6th to proc and don’t exactly try to, but if it does, then so be it.

Just letting you know ^^

Sorry, I guess I made a wrong assumption then. I was assuming that you are using the perplexity runes to burst down people. The runes certainly add a different aspect/playstyle to your build which would not be possible with runes of the undead.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Warlord of Chaos.7845

Warlord of Chaos.7845

Alrighty here are my votes:
+1 for Sensotix’s spec. I enjoy interrupting and the playstyle of it. It was very well designed.
+1 for Evasive Signets. This spec is very different from what ive played but is very strong in the way it functions. With a couple of modifications for personal preference this spec can be fantastic.
For the Blackwater I have a harder time deciding. I would give it a +0.7 to 0.9 as I have played versions of that spec for a very very long time and I know the weaknesses of PU specs. The only problem with it is people can just walk away from you and you cant do a lot about it and since you only have torch for condi remove, it is a very risky style of play. Otherwise this build can kill people very quickly and efficiently.
For Chillruption I give it a +1 as I have played this before and interrupting the entire backline of a zerg is game changing. The only problem In zerg fighting is the interrupts are a little bit random but if you get a good amount off it is completely worth it. It also reminds of a bit of glamour seeing those many purple numbers.

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

@Warlord, I don’t “only” have the torch for condition removal, its a simple matter of 2 clicks to swap out blink/veil for null/dischanter/arcane/mantra, at no point have I ever said that you cant/shouldn’t take these, and I have always said that its flexible and that people should take what they feel comfortable running with.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Warlord of Chaos.7845

Warlord of Chaos.7845

Yeah I can agree with that. Personal preferrence is important. However using staff means you have more defense at the cost of stopping people from running. The reason I am a little picky on this spec is because I have played it even before the pu buff or similar versions of it. It is why I gave the spec a 9, as the only weakness is stopping people from running.
Edit: changing my vote on blackwater to 0.9 for sure, as I have changed my mind based on what natsu said, as I didn’t see that

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

(edited by Warlord of Chaos.7845)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gingelyr.3648

Gingelyr.3648

+1 Chillruption Condition

I’m trying this out now, and it’s pretty fun. The big advantage of condition builds, in my opinion, is that they provide good feedback on how you are playing. Seeing the interrupt boons pop up is very good training for how to use an important mesmer tool.

Plus, it’s got a good mix of the fun weapons. Effectiveness wise, I struggle with thieves because there are fewer visible cues for interrupts.