Necromancer bugs compilation. (discontinued)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Unpredictability.4086

Unpredictability.4086

I decided to do a quick trait test to see if I could find any bugs myself. I choose a simple trait, Terror.

Testing it resulted in really weird results. In the mists, using a steady weapon, I noticed the trait’s damage does not scale with +power from armor, sigils, or the spite tree. It doesn’t even scale with normal weapons with variable damage! It just deals a flat 392 damage, regardless of the armor strength of the test dummy I used. The damage does scale with might however and can critical hit too. However, when it criticals, it never factors in critical damage (just uses the 1.50x base) and never shows the critical hit blotch of blood with large text. The damage seems to scale with level though in PvE.

I also noticed that Death Shroud skill #3, Doom, does damage, though the tooltip doesn’t mention it. The damage amount is extremely low however, like only 4-6 damage. Somehow I seemed to get variable results from it even when using a steady weapon, no traits, no amulet, and no armor.

Another thing – was transfusion fixed. I saw mine healing for 417hp. Still stupidly low, but at least it’s paying attention to +healing.

(edited by Unpredictability.4086)

in Necromancer

Posted by: unleashed.8679

unleashed.8679

One new visual bug: Staff #2 “Mark of Blood” doesn’t change your Staff into a scythe. While all other staff-skills do.

I’d really would like to see the scythe all the time and not only while casting, but i think that will never happen

in Necromancer

Posted by: merch.1026

merch.1026

I decided to do a quick trait test to see if I could find any bugs myself. I choose a simple trait, Terror.

Testing it resulted in really weird results. In the mists, using a steady weapon, I noticed the trait’s damage does not scale with +power from armor, sigils, or the spite tree. It doesn’t even scale with normal weapons with variable damage! It just deals a flat 392 damage, regardless of the armor strength of the test dummy I used. The damage does scale with might however and can critical hit too. However, when it criticals, it never factors in critical damage (just uses the 1.50x base) and never shows the critical hit blotch of blood with large text. The damage seems to scale with level though in PvE.

I also noticed that Death Shroud skill #3, Doom, does damage, though the tooltip doesn’t mention it. The damage amount is extremely low however, like only 4-6 damage. Somehow I seemed to get variable results from it even when using a steady weapon, no traits, no amulet, and no armor.

Another thing – was transfusion fixed. I saw mine healing for 417hp. Still stupidly low, but at least it’s paying attention to +healing.

Terror scales of condition damage, hence why might had an effect (might giving 35 condition damage as well as 35 power now), since it is a condition I dont think it can crit. but i could be wrong.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Darkness Son.1279

Darkness Son.1279

Spectral Grasp pulls you to the enemy instead of the other way around.

This happened to me 2 times I think in WvW trying to pull of somebody from a wall. I just got my face smashed into a wall quite high up from the ground. Anybody had this happen to them?

Did you check your opponent wasn’t a Mesmer? I’m asking because they have a trait which reflects any control effect back to you; i.e.: if you fear them, you suffer the fear; if you pull them, you are pulled to them, etc.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Daiva.2394

Daiva.2394

Not to mention the fact that Spectral Grasp is a projectile, so if they have projectile reflection up, it in fact pulls you to them, and chills you.

[CIR] — Blacktide
Dai Va — Necromancer
Dae Va — Elementalist

in Necromancer

Posted by: SupahSpankeh.8452

SupahSpankeh.8452

Anyone?

Target the Weak – 2% per condition – tested in mists on target dummies with steady weapons… I can’t see it working.

Confirmed as a bug?

Mad Skullz | 80 Necro | Piken Square

in Necromancer

merch.1026

Anyone?

Target the Weak – 2% per condition – tested in mists on target dummies with steady weapons… I can’t see it working.

Confirmed as a bug?

Working for me using a steady staff, condtions have to be on before the staff auto attack hits to work,
laying down marks to add some condtions increase the damage by 1-2 hit points for me

in Necromancer

SupahSpankeh.8452

Tested, working now. No clue what happened – merch, thank you very much indeed for your time.

in Necromancer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

2% will add 2 to 100, so if your attack do 1000, you will see a increase of 20 pr condition.

in Necromancer

SupahSpankeh.8452

Yeah… I get that. Thanks though!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Berullos.6928

Berullos.6928

Dropping out of plague form does not give you stability, unlike dropping out of Lich form still maintains the full 30 seconds.

Also I have been feared while in plague form I have NO idea how that happened.

I swear its like why bother even trying to get stability as a necro, we’re expected to eat all the damage/CC.

Confirmed: Corrosive Poison CLoud is bugged, it isn’t going the full duration that it states in the tooltip. Only 1 second pulses.

I think just plague form stability isn’t working properly at all as I’ve been cc’d before while using it.

I got a question does regen still work while in DS? Like heals your real HP, I can’t tell cause we don’t have our health shown. Wondering if the Vampiric stuff works while I’m in DS.

(edited by Berullos.6928)

in Necromancer

Daiva.2394

I already reported on the difference between dropping out of Plague and Lich Form, but it’s good to have it confirmed (let this serve as a note that there have been two reports of it). Getting feared while in plague form likely happened through corruption of the stability boon — which turns it into fear — or just boon stripping followed by fear. I’ll also say that I’ve never had any cc effect affect me while in plague form with the stability still on me, so I doubt that it is broken.

Lastly: no, currently you cannot be healed (whether through regeneration, or some other healing ability) while in DS. This is definitely something that should be fixed, one way or the other. It doesn’t matter if it’s done by letting heals affect LF or heal through DS.

[CIR] — Blacktide
Dai Va — Necromancer
Dae Va — Elementalist

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Lastly: no, currently you cannot be healed (whether through regeneration, or some other healing ability) while in DS. This is definitely something that should be fixed, one way or the other. It doesn’t matter if it’s done by letting heals affect LF or heal through DS.

About it, Its kinda like all transformations (they reduced the out of Transform hp loss, but you still do lose a bit), if possible it takes as much % hp of your currnt hp as it gave you, that applies with Life force as well, thus regeneration boons do actually regenrate life force (only in such pittiful amounts you dont notice it unless you go full shammy or cleric gear), you can confirm it with the Full of Life perk, also just as all other transformations, perks that aint specific to them dont work in them (just like plague, moa and rampager).

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zardar.7508

Zardar.7508

1:A weird thing i noticed is about the ‘’corrupt boon’’ ,it’s that when the higher your condition damage is,the higher dmg it will do to you.Ok that’s logical for skills like ‘’blood is power’’ where you sacrifice more health (bleed self) for greater dmg on foe.But when ‘corrupt boon’ does not have an intesity measure about dmg or anything else and does only one thing(convert boons)why should it do more dmg on self?

2:Signet of spite does not usually add the correct amount of conditions.

(edited by Zardar.7508)

in Necromancer

Daiva.2394

@Andele

I’m in full Clerics actually, and no healing affects my life force in any way, and that’s not the same as any other transformation. Any heal that hits you while in DS is completely wasted, while in other transformations, it does still heal you. All of this has nothing to do with non-specific traits not working in transformations.

Though, I have to admit, that it doesn’t necessarily “have” to get fixed. I’m fine with it being a part of the skill of using DS — timing it so that others don’t blow their heals on it (and not wasting the WoB heal with it). That’s completely acceptable, even though it’s something only the necro would have to be mindful of. If they were to change it, however, I would not be sorry.

[CIR] — Blacktide
Dai Va — Necromancer
Dae Va — Elementalist

in Necromancer

Posted by: Unpredictability.4086

Unpredictability.4086

Terror scales of condition damage, hence why might had an effect (might giving 35 condition damage as well as 35 power now), since it is a condition I dont think it can crit. but i could be wrong.

Weird, it DOES scale with condition damage. That might be why I thought it was critical hitting, though the damage it was goin up was like 1.49, not perfectly 1.50x but so close it looked like the base 1.50×. Fear doesnt’ normally deal damage at all, yet there’s this. Weird.

(edited by Unpredictability.4086)

in Necromancer

Posted by: They are hashes.4523

They are hashes.4523

Need Confirmation
• Plague stability is ignored by Point Blank Shot.
• (NB0004) Full of life “Gain 5 seconds of regeneration” will trigger after entering DS and receive foe damage. (Ignores %HP trigger)
• (NB0105) Last Gasp “Gain Spectral Armor” will trigger after entering DS and receive foe damage. (Ignores %HP trigger)
• Reaper’s Touch (Focus skill): the bounces only activate if an eligible target is within 600 range.
• After summoning a flesh worm if you use necrotic transversal it counts as a kill/type on the daily kills count.
• If you enter DS while getting hit by a channeled damaging ability, the damage “bleeds” through to your regular health instead of / in addition to hitting the DS life force pool.
• Staff #2 “Mark of Blood” doesn’t change your Staff into a scythe.

New / Updated:
• (NB0021) Plague Signet only removes the first condition, the others are just copied. (Like Deathly Swarm and Gathering Plague)
• (NB0112) Dropping out of plague form does not give you stability, unlike dropping out of Lich form still maintains the full 30 seconds.
• (NP0008) You cannot be healed while in DS.
• (NB0113) Corrosive Poison Cloud: This utility is not working as the tooltip says. Pulses or information need a rework.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Don Karl.6028

Don Karl.6028

Death Nova puts a poison on for 8 seconds up to 3 times for 24 seconds but they don’t tick the full 8 seconds. When standing in the the poison cloud for the full 3 seconds the total number of ticks are 9 not 24. So doing the math they either need to fix the number of ticks done or the amount of time the poison is applied for down to 9 seconds if you stand in the poison cloud for all 3 seconds.

Human~ Necromancer
Jeweler~Artificer
[[The Oracle would like to know the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow.]]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Don Karl.6028

Don Karl.6028

Need Confirmation
• Staff #2 “Mark of Blood” doesn’t change your Staff into a scythe.

Can Confirm

Human~ Necromancer
Jeweler~Artificer
[[The Oracle would like to know the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow.]]

in Necromancer

merch.1026

Death Nova puts a poison on for 8 seconds up to 3 times for 24 seconds but they don’t tick the full 8 seconds. When standing in the the poison cloud for the full 3 seconds the total number of ticks are 9 not 24. So doing the math they either need to fix the number of ticks done or the amount of time the poison is applied for down to 9 seconds if you stand in the poison cloud for all 3 seconds.

I think this is as designed. why I say this is that the spectral wall gives you protection, but you cant walk in and out of it getting more and more protection. protection is only re-applied after the first set has ended. in the case of death nova and a very similar skill the corrosive poison cloud poison will only apply to targets that are not already suffering from a previous hit.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

See example attached, please. My Death Shroud isn’t working properly, so I figured I would send you a visual example of what I am experiencing.

http://youtu.be/a0Sz-7fuHSk

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in Necromancer

Posted by: Billaguana.4015

Billaguana.4015

When doing Unholy Feast from my axe, I only receive one stack of retaliation no matter the amount of enemies I successfully hit.

in Necromancer

digiowl.9620

Retaliation only stack on duration, not intensity.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Retaliation

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

@Andele

I’m in full Clerics actually, and no healing affects my life force in any way, and that’s not the same as any other transformation. Any heal that hits you while in DS is completely wasted, while in other transformations, it does still heal you. All of this has nothing to do with non-specific traits not working in transformations.

Though, I have to admit, that it doesn’t necessarily “have” to get fixed. I’m fine with it being a part of the skill of using DS — timing it so that others don’t blow their heals on it (and not wasting the WoB heal with it). That’s completely acceptable, even though it’s something only the necro would have to be mindful of. If they were to change it, however, I would not be sorry.

No healing skills, but the regenration boon~ the transformation thing is, if you are healing in a transformation, heals affect the hp gained from it first, then your hp that you will have after you get out of it (whats even more screwed up with life force), for short heals that hit you in lich form if you took any damage essencially just healed you for 2/3 of the amount, heals in plague for 1/2 because going out of the transformation takes away hp.

in Necromancer

Daiva.2394

No healing skills, but the regenration boon~ the transformation thing is, if you are healing in a transformation, heals affect the hp gained from it first, then your hp that you will have after you get out of it (whats even more screwed up with life force), for short heals that hit you in lich form if you took any damage essencially just healed you for 2/3 of the amount, heals in plague for 1/2 because going out of the transformation takes away hp.

No, regeneration does not affect LF at all while in DS, nor does any other sort of healing, as I said the first time. Hence it’s not at all similar to other transformations, though you are (as we all know) correct in how heals affect those.

[CIR] — Blacktide
Dai Va — Necromancer
Dae Va — Elementalist

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

It does, test it and you will see life force will go up to 98% from 96% if you have regenration up.

in Necromancer

Daiva.2394

I have tested it. MoB on a critter to get regeneration, pop DS and wait X seconds, leave DS — you now have 4X less LF% than before you popped DS, just as you would if you didn’t have regeneration.

[CIR] — Blacktide
Dai Va — Necromancer
Dae Va — Elementalist

(edited by Daiva.2394)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Billaguana.4015

Billaguana.4015

I know, but I’m hitting like 50 people with this and getting the same duration as is I only hit 5.

in Necromancer

digiowl.9620

I know, but I’m hitting like 50 people with this and getting the same duration as is I only hit 5.

Because you only hit 5. All AOE effects are limited to a max of 5 targets.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fiesbert.9816

Fiesbert.9816

Got another bug regarding Death Shroud and Moa Bird.
If you get transformed into a Moa Bird you can’t leave Death Shroud. Easyly reproducible since it happens 100% of the time.

Necro autoattack/minion DPS http://tinyurl.com/8wd6lv6
DS battle tank http://tinyurl.com/8dv5q9p

in Necromancer

Berullos.6928

If you get transformed into a Moa Bird you can’t leave Death Shroud. Easyly reproducible since it happens 100% of the time.

I personally would like to ENTER death shroud when I’m MOA’d. It would allow my shroud to soak the damage I’d take while MOA’d.

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

I personally would like to ENTER death shroud when I’m MOA’d. It would allow my shroud to soak the damage I’d take while MOA’d.

Look up on the forums for the post about minions despawning when moad, you can see my moa shroud there~

in Necromancer

Posted by: unleashed.8679

unleashed.8679

Found one:
Plague Form – CD of the skills are wired. normaly 1s. If you make a short break it’s ~0.5s and sometimes without a reason 1.3s while spamming the skill/s

Could be caused by lags but i don’t think so

in Necromancer

digiowl.9620

Thing about plague form is that you only have to press any of the skills once to apply the effect for the duration of the form.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Proven.2854

Proven.2854

Some things to clear up:

1. Dead NPCs = Downed Allies. Any skill that revives people for any class will revive downed allies but not dead allies. NPCs have no downed state.
  2. Right now, doesn’t every single ground targeted AoE not work right underwater? That’s why the Enfeebling Blood trait doesn’t work underwater. You could call it a bug that they even give you access to this signet.
  3. Vulnerability will never affect condition damage. This is working as intended. If you want, they can change the tool tip to say that it only increases direct damage to be more accurate. We already got our one buff to condition damage, and that was through Might.
  4. If a character is using a skill that reflects projectiles, then yes, Spectral Grasp will pull you towards the target instead of the other way around. On the one hand this still makes it a gap closer. On the other, it’s another reason why I find Thieves annoying thanks to all the Dagger Storm usage in WvW.
Call me Smith.

in Necromancer

digiowl.9620

3. Or they could reword it to say that it reduce target armor by x%, as that is strictly speaking what it is supposed to represent. Might increase damage, vulnerability reduce the targets ability to protect against it. As condition damage ignores armor in the first place, there would be no confusion.

in Necromancer

Berullos.6928

Vulnerability stated pretty clearly on the tooltip that it increased all damage. And it used to state on the wiki that it was all damage taken was increased.

And as a necro who primarily gives conditions rather than boons it makes sense to give vulnerability rather than to stack might.

in Necromancer

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

I’m not confident it’s a bug or not, but if you use a minion skill (flesh golem charge, bone fiend immobilize, shadow fiend blind) while the minion is currently cc’d (during, not interrupted), it puts the skill on cooldown without the minion doing anything.

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard

in Necromancer

Posted by: Darkness Son.1279

Darkness Son.1279

" • Plague stability is ignored by Point Blank Shot."

Cannot confirm. Plague stability is not ignored by Point Blank Shot.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aga.8641

Aga.8641

I’m not sure if this has been mentioned, but it’s not on the list. Absolutely no traits work while in Plague Form (assuming it’s the same for Lich, I don’t use it)…

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

I’m not sure if this has been mentioned, but it’s not on the list. Absolutely no traits work while in Plague Form (assuming it’s the same for Lich, I don’t use it)…

Traits dont work in all forms of transformation (half of em in DS, Mist Form and other non elite transformations). As a norn mesmer, go stealth with snow leopard, it wont cloak for longer.

in Necromancer

Posted by: UncannierYames.6598

UncannierYames.6598

dont know if this posted but spectral wall will not apply protection if you have it from any source

in Necromancer

merch.1026

death nova does 0 damage when exploding, poison is working now. but seems very poor for a grandmaster trait? the rune of the afflicted death dova does 2000-3000 damage scaling on power and the trait that give 50% extra damage while downed

in Necromancer

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

If you use the flesh golem charge while he is chilled, his charge moves at the same speed as a chilled walk. effectively cutting the charge distance from 1200 to 200.

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard

in Necromancer

Posted by: Whargoul.9613

Whargoul.9613

Feast of Corruption doesn’t seem to be adding the 8% damage per condition for me. It’s always the base damage that’s listed on the tooltip even if I have 3-4 different types of conditions on the target. Is this happening for anyone else or am I just crazy?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aesa.4819

Aesa.4819

Regarding:

(NT0007) Blood Magic trait Mark of evasion Tooltip does not indicate the hidden CD “This trait can be triggered once every 10 seconds.”

Why is it that Necros have an Internal CD on their “on dodge” trait, no other proffession has that afaik. Shouldn’t it be removed? The Endurance acts as a “cd” anyway.

in Necromancer

Daiva.2394

I know elementalists have a CD on their Evasive Arcana (though it’s a separate one for each attunement).

[CIR] — Blacktide
Dai Va — Necromancer
Dae Va — Elementalist

in Necromancer

digiowl.9620

@Whargoul Hard to say. each condition would deliver about 8 extra damage pr 100 done by the attack. Best i can suggest is head for the mist and fire off some bites on the golems before and after placing some conditions.

in Necromancer

Berullos.6928

Are minions that are summoned through items (Rock dog, Flesheater) supposed to scale with Minion damage increase and survival increase?

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

Another bug: Greater Marks trait causes the BWE2 (or was it BWE1… not sure) Chillblains (with new icon, but 1/4 cast time and old skull texture) that has a seperate cooldown from the normal one.