SOTG Interview: DS To Get a Unique Condition

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheAgedGnome.7520

TheAgedGnome.7520

Copied from my post in another thread:

How about a condition that slowed the target’s attack speed (i.e., essentially the opposite of Quickness)? The result is that it drops the attackers overall DPS, and would be effective for pve/pvp/wvw. Call it “Melancholy”. Stack Melancholy with Weakness and the target’s DPS would really suffer, so balance would be somewhat tricky.

Stealth nerfs are the perfect fertilizer for mistrust.
PVE Power and Support Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Of course, an older suggestion of mine that was designed for Necromancer is a sort of boon eater that would either steal a few boons or consume them to create Stability. An example of this is to steal up to 5 boons from a target and convert them into stacks of 2 second Stability depending on the number of boons consumed.

This kind of Necromancer-centric skill is not what the developers are considering.

in Necromancer

Posted by: lettucemode.3789

lettucemode.3789

necros should get a condition thats like bleed but better

TWO BLEEDS

Sanctum of Rall
Builds: Facemelter Watch The Health Bar

in Necromancer

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

devs should ask thieves and mesmers for this new condition, those classes will have better access, stack and duration on it

in Necromancer

Anchoku.8142

This is an old, old suggestion of mine but what about the “condition” caused by drinking alcohol? One stack makes your vision wavy. The waviness gets a little worse as the stacks build until your character decides to pollute the ground. There is already a game mechanic for this. Would this not be awesome in zerg vs zerg?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Copied from my post in another thread:

How about a condition that slowed the target’s attack speed (i.e., essentially the opposite of Quickness)? The result is that it drops the attackers overall DPS, and would be effective for pve/pvp/wvw. Call it “Melancholy”. Stack Melancholy with Weakness and the target’s DPS would really suffer, so balance would be somewhat tricky.

There was already a skilkl like that in GW1 called faintheartedness and it was actually a really powerful hex skill, mostly in pvp but had it’s uses in certain hard mode pve situations too where some enemies were attacking at ridiculous speeds
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Faintheartedness
Pretty much what you were looking for and it even has what is equated to a “dot” effect in this game so it falls under the dev’s ideas of a dark dot. I for one would love this idea. Too much burst in this game as it is, but I think it should also slow them (movement-wise) by 25% or something otherwise they’ll just run off till it expires and we know there’s not much we can do about that. A minor speed reduction would at least make them choose to cleanse or fight through it because we’d be right on their heels. Not to mention in PvE, those ridiculously OP undead abominations (once they build all that frenzy) could finally be countered by a skill unless they decide to make it fall in the category of skills affected by “unstoppable buff” .

Edit: I should edit that I think it should affect skill activation time too not just attack speed since unlike necro, many classes don’t spam auto attack as much

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

(edited by Nay of the Ether.8913)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dervo.9186

Dervo.9186

Doesn’t matter. It could tick for 1 damage and It’d still be overpowered.

Nah just kidding, anything about 200 though and people would be crying for nerfs just because of me.

200 DPS, while a chilled is up, while the opp is moving (totally avoidable), being chilled a low duration condition is OP to you?

Actually its a great idea. It improves our attrition skills.

I do like the idea of damage while moving, though I think the “while chilled” would make it way to niche. It would be something that most good necros would put up when an enemy player is close to dying, since that’s when they’re most likely to run away. I actually think it should take things like shadow stepping and other teleports into account, though that might be complicating things too much.

If people complain about not being able to get away from necros, anet just needs to remember that is what they wanted with the necro class, to be about attrition which doesn’t work so well when enemies can just run away whenever they feel like it. I wouldn’t want it to do a lot of damage for short distances, so I’d want it to be long duration and medium damage (more than bleeding, probably less than burning).

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheMightyAltroll.3485

TheMightyAltroll.3485

Nah just kidding, anything about 200 though and people would be crying for nerfs just because of me.

200 DPS, while a chilled is up, while the opp is moving (totally avoidable), being chilled a low duration condition is OP to you?

On my build, I can easily achieve 30+ seconds of chill, not to mention fear forcing you to move (Add Terror to that) I’d be pretty OP.

Contact me ingame for Necro, Ranger, Mesmer, and Thief advice.

in Necromancer

Dervo.9186

On my build, I can easily achieve 30+ seconds of chill, not to mention fear forcing you to move (Add Terror to that) I’d be pretty OP.

Whereas some necros don’t do much chill at all, so DS #5 would be worthless to them if the condition had such a requisite. However, a non-spammable condition that only does damage while moving, but while moving is comparable to burning… would not be OP, regardless of whether they need to be chilled (it’d actually be UP in that case, for most people anyway).

That’s why I think it shouldn’t have any requirement of another condition being applied in order to work, it would be more complicated for balancing, oh and for programming as well. Probably harder on the servers as well.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

And the fact that this isn’t necro only, and the only class I can think of with enough chill to pull that off is maybe eles in certain builds.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Anchoku.8142

Whereas some necros don’t do much chill at all…

I can easily maintain perma-chill with one setup and it does not stack so adding more than, say, 80% up-time on Chill is kind of a waste.

in Necromancer

Dervo.9186

Engineers chill with grenades… but I wouldn’t want them to have this condition, they’ve already got enough going for them.

Rangers can chill with one of their traps, and a condition that does damage while moving would be a good fit for them. But yeah, any other class that got the condition wouldn’t be able to do anything with it if chill was required… not that I’d want a thief to have it. That’d just rub salt in the wounds.

Honestly, I’d just want it on necros, rangers, and mesmers.

EDIT: What is up with the bragging about applying chill, that isn’t the point, the point is the new condition should not require another condition to be on the target in order to work. How would you all like it if bleeding only did damage if weakness was on the target? Oh, but you probably cause perma-weakness too, then how about burning?

Can we get back to discussing the new condition and not ones that are in the game now?

(edited by Dervo.9186)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Puru.4217

Puru.4217

A life leech condition.

Stack on duration.
Basically anybody attacking leeches some hp off the target.
As for the dot, it would less than burning (of course) but still strong and procide a % of the damage into hp to the target at close range of the afflicted target.

The purpose is to give multi attacks a point other than getting kitten by retaliation, to force the target to get it off or dodge the mulit attacks, while providing extra support in form of healing and team damage to the classes who have access to that condition.

I would give it to necro and thieves, maybe engi, that’s it.

It’s not my fault if S/P is not popular !!!

(edited by Puru.4217)

in Necromancer

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

My suggestion from another thread:

A dot that ticks a % of the damage potential of currently applied damage conditions (burning/bleed/poison, maybe confusion). So after applying a bunch of conditions, you know they’ll be cleansed soon enough, but applying this dot frontloads some of that potential damage in a small burst. (Example: your applied bleeds have 4000 damage potential left if they run their full duration, and the new condition applies 25% potential, it’ll tick for 1k).

The nice thing is that almost any condition-based class can make use of such a condition, and it has utility in every aspect (pvp, pve, wvw). The numbers I listed are an example though, up to Anet to come up with the actual numbers.

(edited by roamzero.9486)

in Necromancer

TheMightyAltroll.3485

Acid

• Reapplies itself when cleansed
  • Burns armor value for (0.1 * Malice) per second
  • Damage to Armor lingers for (0.05 * Level) times the duration of the condition when expired
  • Damages for (0.15 * Malice) + (4 * Level) + 8 damage per second
  • Can be applied to structures
  • Damages structures for (0.25 * Malice) + (4 * Level) + 8 damage per second

Skills that apply Acid

Necromancer

• Master trait: Armor burn lingers for 50% longer
  • Grandmaster trait: 30% chance to apply Acid on Necrotic Grasp (3 seconds)
  • Putrid Mark (2 1/2 seconds)
  • Corrosive Poison Cloud (2 seconds)
  • Deathshroud 5 skill
  • Putrid Explosion (2 seconds)
  • Death Nova (1 second)
  • Spectral Wall (1 second)

Engineer

• Fumigate (1 Second)
  • Acid bomb (5 Seconds)

Thief

• Scale venom (2 Seconds)
  • Choking Gas (1 Second)

Ranger

• Carrion Devourer: Poison cloud (1 sec)
  • Whiptail Devourer: Devourer Siege (1 sec)

Mesmer

• Chaos Storm (5 Seconds)
  • The Prestige (3 Seconds)
  • Into the Void (3 Seconds)

(edited by TheMightyAltroll.3485)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Panhauramix.2784

Panhauramix.2784

I like your idea MrBox. I hate the fact that when I put on my Deathshroud, I can no longer manipulate conditions. Epidemic could now trigger this new condition on the user, and spread the other conditions already on the target to others. And every condition is benefecial to a necro, so even on a Power build spreading Vulnerability, Chill or Weakness woud be good.

Let’s not be Blind nor Confused by this new Condition Discussion. What we should discuss here is what the #5 DS skill could/should be, not Burn ourselves out talking only about a condition that will be accessible to others. I Fear that it would Cripples the mind, and my eyes Bleeds when I read some of the ideas that are too focused on the Condition part of the skill.

Seriously now: On my part, I feel that protecting our Condition would be a priority. Cleansing our condition should do something bad for them. Following Mr. Box ideas, maybe Epidemic could transfer the conditions, refresh them, and put a small Condition that says you eat the equivalent of:

Up to ten stack of bleed instantly if Bleed is on the target
Up to X sec of Fire damage if Burn is on the target
Reapply Chill, Weakness, Cripple, Vulnerability if they are removed for X sec.

Now that would be a real condition manager. Don’t come near me or you’ll be stuck with Red Icons for longer than you wish for. And in some case, would provide us with Burst, but only IF the target removes them.

80’s: Razdhül Necro/Desire Mesmer/ Ykarys War/ Yphrit Ele/
Panhauramix Guardian/Pistoleros Engineer/ Orbite Thief
Gates of Madness – Leader of Homicide Volontaire [HV]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tobias Steele.2071

Tobias Steele.2071

I vote disease. The ultimate Zerg buster. Despite what others have said on here you could easily add disease to other classes as well, ranger, thief, war, mes. Could easily add it to existing skills for these classes.

Entropy, Class lead Necromancer.
Tarnished Coast.

in Necromancer

Anchoku.8142

One more new “condition” idea is to have a condition/boon duration extender for use on enemies and allies. It might be similar to epidemic in some respects but available to all professions through trait skills or as a #5 slot skill on Necromancer.

Instead of multiplying conditions, it would slow condition and boon timers by some percentage. Something like that placed far up the trait tree of each profession could make less popular support roles more attractive.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stone.6751

Stone.6751

The only thing bugging me with this new condition is this: I want my DS #5 to be a necro DS skill, not a condition.

Now this skill might put a condition that will not be unique, but it must give us something else too. Else are other professions master of the Dark arts too?

So it’s kind of hard to suggest a skill that grants a condition accessible to all class, but with a Death Shroud background.

Hope we can get both sides of the coin!

This, this, this! Everyone is talking about a condition, but let’s not forget that this is going to be a DS skill first and foremost. Yes the developers seem to be strongly considering a new condition to go with it, but I’m just as interested in what new DS skill they will add because although I find DS very useful, I don’t find all the DS skills to be useful.

Skill = DeathShroud Scythe. It would swing in an arc in front of you hitting for a moderate amount of up-front damage that leaves the new DoT condition on anyone who is hit. We all want a scythe, so why not give it to us in our most appropriate form – the Death Shroud?

It would be great to have a melee skill in DS.

Penny Royalty – Level 80 Guardian
Raingarde – Level 80 Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Whereas some necros don’t do much chill at all, so DS #5 would be worthless to them if the condition had such a requisite. However, a non-spammable condition that only does damage while moving, but while moving is comparable to burning… would not be OP, regardless of whether they need to be chilled (it’d actually be UP in that case, for most people anyway).

That’s why I think it shouldn’t have any requirement of another condition being applied in order to work, it would be more complicated for balancing, oh and for programming as well. Probably harder on the servers as well.

All necros have chill on skill 2 of DS.

And also, doesn’t Fear require another condition in order to do more damage?

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

(edited by Dirame.8521)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

I want a condition that utilize condition dmg. And I was looking at the gw1 skills to get some ideas from. I think this would be good.

Barbs
Hex Spell. For 30 seconds, target foe takes 1…12…15 more damage when hit by physical damage.

I think it can change to
For 15 seconds, target foe takes 1…5 more damage.

So it’s like Vulnerability in condition build form. +5 to every damage, condition build will benefit more if +5/tick. Direct damage build will also gain a very little damage buff.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Viralseed.9362

Viralseed.9362

One problem I find with Necromancers is not combating boons, but rather gaining boons. Necromancers have to rely on others for the majority of boons as do some other particular professions. Why not a condition that steals boons applied (during its duration)? One could enter Death Shroud at low health, apply the condition on a number of enemies, and watch new boons transfer to you.

As it stands, Necromancers (as I have experienced) can safely apply regeneration, might, swiftness, and protection at least for a few seconds. Retaliation can be applied, though its duration varies on enemies hit. Why not a way to pull in a lot of conditions quickly without consuming the entire utilities bar?

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

How about similar ability to underwater DS 4. Strip conditions off all nearby party members and gain lifeforce or health for it. Could apply the new condition to all nearby enemies aswell.

in Necromancer

Posted by: nomak.8693

nomak.8693

The new condition could be something that doubles/tripples the effectiveness to the already applied conditions for 3,4,5.. secs. When the condition ends the all the conditions are removed.

its penalty should be the player loses all of the remaining Life force.

in Necromancer

Posted by: spitfirejunky.1360

spitfirejunky.1360

I like disease, goes with the necro theme better than acid. Instead of spreading to others (we have epidemic for that) I suggest the following.

It could be a progressive dot, starts small and gets more damage the longer it persists, and randomly spawns other 1 sec conditions (symptoms).

This is by far my favorite idea in the entire thread.

To elaborate, it should stack in duration, scale with condition damage, cause other conditions, and necromancers should have a trait that reduces the amount of time for conditions to spawn.

I don’t even play a full-on conditionmancer and I would find this very useful.

in Necromancer

TheMightyAltroll.3485

Disease would be cool, but it doesn’t fit well with other classes. We also are severely lacking any Structural damage as condition builds. Ever try to kill a Treb with Staff/Scepter?

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Disease would be cool, but it doesn’t fit well with other classes. We also are severely lacking any Structural damage as condition builds. Ever try to kill a Treb with Staff/Scepter?

Yep. I summoned Flesh Golem and had him charge it, then told someone else in my group to finish it off.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

TheMightyAltroll.3485

And what happens when you’re pure conditions? Plagueform and all?

What happens when you’re Condition based and an Engineer drops Supply Crate, or uses mass turrets. What happens when your keep is undersiege and you can’t do anything to the Siege equipment.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

That was a joke, implying that I didn’t do anything except tell someone else to handle it.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

TheMightyAltroll.3485

I know, I was just saying that incase someone thought “I’ll just use Flesh Golem or a Well!!@#” >.>

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Yeah, frankly condition builds just don’t have any business dealing with siege (or any similar thing). Necros can kinda get away with it in non-standard builds, but that requires (like I said) non-standard builds (hybridization) and/or situational techniques.

Although Golem really does wreck stationary objects.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mere Image.8376

Mere Image.8376

Hopefully Mesmers will have access to this condition as well, considering that every rapid gear Mesmer is raging on our forums. With confusion getting such a hard nerf, it would be nice to have some method of being effective condition spreaders.

Server: Ehmry Bay
Guild: Commanders of the Reborn Empire Nation [CORE]
Level 80 Professions: Mesmer, Warrior, Thief

in Necromancer

Posted by: PolishSausage.1279

PolishSausage.1279

And also, doesn’t Fear require another condition in order to do more damage?

Only if it’s traited for it, which pretty much every Necro working a heavy condition build should have set.

in Necromancer

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Yeah, frankly condition builds just don’t have any business dealing with siege (or any similar thing).

Yeah, who would burn down a trebuchet instead of hacking it little by little with a dagger?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

Here is a possible condition that would be useful in PVE, WVW, and PVP:

Aneurism: Internal rupture
Essentially, Aneurism would be a condition that takes into account all the current conditions (or focuses on bleed only) on the target, calculates the potential damage over time the existing conditions (i.e. bleed) could cause, and causes them to explode doing the total damage of the condition stack instantaneously. Thus if you have 10 bleeds stacks on a target, and the bleeds stacks (assuming they are not cleansed) have the potential to do 4.5k damage over time. You hit DS5, and all bleed stacks are immediately wiped, and the target receives the condition damage immediately. Perhaps it also acts as a syphon and you heal a certain percentage of the damage done.

Perhaps this would be too deadly, if you ever got 25 stacks of bleed on someone it would be pretty deadly.

On the other hand, this could make us more useful in boss fights, due to the fact that a necro could burn the bleed stacks on a boss, and allow new bleed stacks to be applied, and allow us to have some form of spike damage on the boss.

At least it is unique.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kitedyou.1720

Kitedyou.1720

Just my two cents here, I don’t think a new condition is what is needed in this game.

One thing that really irks me is that you cannot get healed when in DS mode…well, I was thinking it would be cool to have an ability that would do that and then some…

The skill would be called “Planar Siphon”.

It would be a PBAOE Mark, akin to the Well of Blood.

The effects it would bring would be for 10 seconds at 1 pulse per second.

Upon using this ability there would be a big heal (like Well of Blood) to your corporeal form (and friendlies); also, stability would be granted to the caster only, for 5 seconds.

For every 1 second a smaller heal would occur; just like Well of Blood while you are in the mark; this heal would affect the corporeal form of the user as well as any other friendly that is in it.

Every 2nd pulse (five times total) it would convert boons on enemies into conditions and convert conditions on friendlies into boons.

This mark would be affected by Greater Marks.

The reuse timer should be something like 60 seconds.

Sorry for the redundant post…I just saw this thread after I created one on this very topic.

Sea of Sorrows
Tjegra: 80 Norn Necromancer
Mefitic: OTW to 80 Asura Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Doomsayer.8250

Doomsayer.8250

I like disease, goes with the necro theme better than acid. Instead of spreading to others (we have epidemic for that) I suggest the following.

It could be a progressive dot, starts small and gets more damage the longer it persists, and randomly spawns other 1 sec conditions (symptoms).

This is by far my favorite idea in the entire thread.

To elaborate, it should stack in duration, scale with condition damage, cause other conditions, and necromancers should have a trait that reduces the amount of time for conditions to spawn.

I don’t even play a full-on conditionmancer and I would find this very useful.

I like the idea of this. It could randomly apply crippled/poison/weakness each second, in addition to dealing damage. It’d also thematically be easy to extend to other classes (Ranger and Thief in particular, but Warrior and Mesmer might also make sense).

Although, I would like to see Necromancers get a trait that allows it to spread to nearby players when it ticks. Something about being that sneaky guy that comes around behind the WvW zerg, diseases a single player, and cackles madly as it subtly spreads throughout the zerg really appeals to me.

in Necromancer

Posted by: miniatureian.2501

miniatureian.2501

Epidemic has been and always will be one of my utility skills, it is i’d say an essential and signature skill for the necromancer that is quite devastating, therefore why not move it to the death shroud bar? Honestly, I’d like to see epidemic moved to the death shroud bar as the fifth skill.

This is the one thing that jumped out at me this whole thread. It gives conditionmancers an offensive reason to use DS, it frees a utility slot that feels manditory to take no matter what the build. My fear is the response to this would be “epidemic isn’t balanced for every necro to carry it” and would have to agree.

As for conditions, these feel like they would have interesting counter play:

1. Anti quickness — (is the terminology moving to "haste?)
2. Lifesteal dot — (on par with poison for damage?) (would need to enable healing in DS)
3. Damage based on distance moved — (that would help necro attrition)
4. Removal punish — (pair with anti quick for interesting counter play?)

TLDR: Epidemic moved to DS5 sounds like a great idea.

(edited by miniatureian.2501)

in Necromancer

Anchoku.8142

New condition: Pet Exchange

“I am taking your healing tree. Here, you can have my jagged house rat. Thx much.”

in Necromancer

Posted by: DarnDevil IV.2143

DarnDevil IV.2143

I really like the time bomb idea, as condition (necromancer) builds are lacking some sort of burst but I do like to keep conditions more like DoT/DoT bursting builds

I would like to see something like ‘Infection’, it would be a moderate duration condition

Infection:
After expiring or removal it deals damage based on the time it was applied or maybe the amount of bleeds or burning (condition damage scaling stable number) and poison (another condition damage scaling number).

Removes swiftness on apply.

Infection would have a really low base damage and would scale with condition damage making it a swiftness remover for non conditional builds and a “burst damage” condition for condition damage builds.

Skills that apply it would be ds #1 2 sec per hit (making it usefull for condi builds, too) when over 50% LF and ds #4 1 sec per hit, maybe the last 3 projectiles of poison dart volley 2 sec per hit and the dd thief dual skill also 3 or 2 sec if all hits land, also some ranger pets could apply it as someone mentioned.

If it would be based on conditions I would make it last longer and apply from less hits for longer duration (things like first life blast in ds to apply 10 sec of it, with piercing trait you could apply this to multiple ppl) so ppl have time to try to cleanse their conditions or infection.

If it would be based on time, I would make it do great dmg only after lasting for 5 seconds. If based on conditions, I would make it to deal great dmg when having 10+ bleeds and poison or burning and poison.

This would enable some interesting comboing with engineer volley and burning timing, thief dd 3 and poison applying timing and necromancer with bleed and poison stacking (ofcourse spreading infection with epidemic sounds SO GOOD)

(edited by DarnDevil IV.2143)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nemesis.8593

Nemesis.8593

Sorry to intrude on this thread, but i feel that this needs to be said.

Saw this on another forum topic apparently quoted from Anet "Awesome ideas guys. Just wanted you to know we’re watching/listening to your ideas for things that fit GW2.

Keep in mind that we are trying to find a condition that can be used by multiple classes (doesn’t have to be all classes, but we like to keep the condies/boons low in the game so that it’s easy for players to learn) and something that has cool play for the caster, as well as the target.

So, with that in mind, keep the ideas flowing!"

So are you going to change it and come up with a new idea then Nemesis?

Not to question ArenaNet’s intentions… but…

They are adding a skill 5 on Death Shroud for the necromancers in order to make the class more balance i presume, certainly not to imbalance it even further.

The fact that this condition will be shared with other classes makes me… pause a bit. If you have a glass 1 that has more water in it then glass 2, you add water in glass 2 to make it even, then why would you add water in glass 1 again… Of course this is a blunt argument but let’s continue a bit…

So far we have…
Bleeding – Inflicts X damage per second. Stacks in intensity.
Blind – Causes the target’s next hit to miss instead. Stacks in duration.
Burning – Inflicts X damage per second. Stacks in duration.
Chilled – Reduces movement speed and skill recharge by 66%. Stacks in duration.
Confusion – Inflicts X damage each time a foe uses skill. Stacks in intensity.
Crippled – Reduces movement speed by 50%. Stacks in duration.
Fear – Causes the target to run directly away from the caster. Stacks in duration.
Immobilized – Immobilizes and prevents dodge. Stacks in duration.
Poison – Inflicts X damage per second. Reduces outgoing heals by 33%. Stacks in duration.
Vulnerability - Increases damage the target takes by 1%. Stacks in intensity.
Weakness - Causes 50% of attacks to be glancing and reduces endurance regeneration by 50%. Stacks in duration.

This conditions also have a an opposite in the game in the form of some boon… this conditions can also be achieved by corrupting their opposite boon. The entire game was designed around this boons / conditions variables, all the skills were adjusted for this… they have also tried to incorporate everything you might need into the game at launch.

We have blind, burn, chill… movement speed reduction (cripple), daze aka interrupt, stun… fear… In this setup there isn’t much “unique” stuff left that will not imbalance the game. You can’t increase or decrease condition damage because by default it goes through toughness… you can’t reduce the target’s armor to power damage because we already have vulnerability. Movement related conditions have been covered…

I do not understand their thought process behind this. I also believe that it will have too great of an impact on everything… which, even if positive, i believe it is too hard to calculate the balance of it, while starting at a foundation that is not yet perfectly balanced…

… and my 3rd and final argument: All the in game conditions present so far have multiple way of being applied by the player at any given time. We have more then 1 skill that applies that condition per build per class per player. A new dark theme condition that is only on DS 5… what is up with that ?… Or will they put this condition on other skills as well ? For all classes ?… So much balancing to do then…

If not… and it’s a unique condition on one unique skill, has to be "special"y strong. What are we going to get, agony ?

EDIT: With this being said… i will now drop out of the initiative of adding the DS 5 skill. I still believe my skill was genius for the necromancer, it was just not what they were looking for i believe.

I do not claim to be able to theory craft from the top of my head something that will have that much of an impact on the game. The number of variables that it has to verify and go through, the number of scenarios it has to validate for balance is just too great… and like i said, the game is not 100% balance at the moment, modifying it… i believe is a bad idea for now… but then again i may not be an expert…

This is why none of my suggestions from the past modified the core of the game in any way. It’s simply too hard to calculate all the possible implications of that…

Nemesis Youtube channel - necromancer & mesmer tutorials, PvP and more…

Nemesis live-stream channel - focusing mainly on Guild Wars 2, League of Legends and Dota II.

(edited by Nemesis.8593)

in Necromancer

Posted by: mrmadhaze.8706

mrmadhaze.8706

They are adding a skill 5 on Death Shroud for the necromancers in order to make the class more balance i presume, certainly not to imbalance it even further.

The fact that this condition will be shared with other classes makes me… pause a bit. If you have a glass 1 that has more water in it then glass 2, you add water in glass 2 to make it even, then why would you add water in glass 1 again…

This should be sticked dear Devs.
Put this on a big poster near your desks, and read it
Not only for this new condition, but also for future balance fixes. And when you are near to make more OP some classes (maybe the same 2/3), read it again.

in Necromancer

Kitedyou.1720

I have created a poll for voting on whether a new condition (possibility of being shared with other classes) or a new skill (unique to the necro) should be added for the necro DS #5 slot.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/9QKHP8X

Please take 10 seconds and click the link and weigh in on this topic!

Sea of Sorrows

in Necromancer

Posted by: Overkillengine.6084

Overkillengine.6084

Blight: Target has their boon duration reduced while the blight condition is active. Blight deals damage based on number of boons active when either it is removed or it expires.

in Necromancer

Kitedyou.1720

Awesome ideas guys. Just wanted you to know we’re watching/listening to your ideas for things that fit GW2.

Keep in mind that we are trying to find a condition that can be used by multiple classes (doesn’t have to be all classes, but we like to keep the condies/boons low in the game so that it’s easy for players to learn) and something that has cool play for the caster, as well as the target.

So, with that in mind, keep the ideas flowing!

~J

This statement made me scratch my head a bit…if you read each word in it…there is a contradiction in here…does no one else see it??

I’ll point it out… “Keep in mind that we are trying to find a condition”, “we like to keep the condies/boons low”…

Well if this is true…DON’T ADD ANOTHER CONDITION!! Pretty simple…

While I am glad that ANet is trying to do something with the 5th space in DS for the Necromancer…I am not happy that it is another condition…because there are so many easy ways to remove conditions… Making a skill that would heal the corporeal form of the necromancer would be more ideal…whatever else happens with that skill is a bonus from there…

Please see my above post for further details on that thought…

Oh, and take 10 seconds to vote on this poll so we, the PAYING CUSTOMERS, can help ANet see what the masses want for the game!

Sea of Sorrows

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sepreh.5924

Sepreh.5924

Two ideas, sorry if these have already been mentioned:

1: marked for death – puts a given number of stacks on an enemy. Every time the enemy is hit, the number of stacks is reduced by one. There is a timer on it. If you/your teammates get the number of stacks down to zero, they die. If you and your allies do not, two possible options (not sure which is more balanced)

A. You die
B. you lose 75% of your hp

2. Other idea is much more situational but it would be amazing to have a condition that causes the revealed debuff on a timer

Ooo, thought of another idea too:
3. Tainted healer – next healing skill causes damage instead of healing, reducing hp by the amount that would have been gained by the heal. On a timer

Legendary Sepreh, Necromancer
[SYN] Synyster Legion | Dragonbrand Server
Youtube Necromancer

(edited by Sepreh.5924)

in Necromancer

Kitedyou.1720

Thus far the community is leaning towards a unique skill for DS #5.

Get your vote on!

Sea of Sorrows

in Necromancer

Posted by: Julius Seizure.4985

Julius Seizure.4985

My preference is for the DS 5 skill to be some sort of debuff or punishing mechanic. I would prefer for it to NOT be a damage-over-time skill or traditional damage condition, as I feel that the Necromancer has been partially established as a debuff/weakening type of class.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Oh, and take 10 seconds to vote on this poll so we, the PAYING CUSTOMERS, can help ANet see what the masses want for the game!

Paying customers my kitten the only way you could have a say to complain about new implementations is if you spent 6k+ of your local currency on gems, all you paid for is a working enjoyable playable game, we mostly got it, now be happy that they are pushing out free patches pre month before is slap you with my undead rodents kitten that i refuse to summon and even if i do for some reason, i force him to suicide 3 seconds later.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Kitedyou.1720

Paying customers my kitten the only way you could have a say to complain about new implementations is if you spent 6k+ of your local currency on gems, all you paid for is a working enjoyable playable game, we mostly got it, now be happy that they are pushing out free patches pre month before is slap you with my undead rodents kitten that i refuse to summon and even if i do for some reason, i force him to suicide 3 seconds later.

Wow…you spent 6k of your currency? Was it Rupee’s?

Vote and be heard, rather than try and troll me. BTW, your troll failed terribly, all I did was laugh…no rage here! :p

Sea of Sorrows