Ranger update

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Morphic.7045

Morphic.7045

I don’t mean to sound like I’m preaching here but honestly this is only 6 months after release and barely anything has been done to cure the major cancer that is holding Ranger back. I can understand that you as a developer want to keep this mechanic in and as a animal fan IRL and in video games I PRAY it stays in but it is not too late to scrap the current mechanic and work on designing one where the Ranger isn’t so dependent on a mechanic where the pets death cripples our viability. You said it yourselves that you want the Rangers pet to hold some of the Rangers utility but we are currently unable to use this mechanic to the mechanics full potential because of the issues that plague it.

This game has blown me away since release but these major and minor issues are starting to stack on top of each other and eventually the pile will lose balance. John got a very unfair treatment in this thread and I honestly can’t blame the community either but if we could just get SOME insight as to what’s actually being done then we can move on from this incident and to a brighter GW2.

DO NOT become just another game designer and claim you do this for us and then continue to ignore and/or stay silent thinking it’s for our benefit.

I hope I wasn’t too aggressive in this response and I pray that you take a look at everything that’s been said and take a bucket of salt with it. (pinch wouldn’t be enough due to the amount of very unthoughtful “solutions”

Keep up the good work.

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: TogoChubb.3984

TogoChubb.3984

Longbow current projectile speed is still not fixing the issue with hitting moving targets. To get the best damage out of the longbow you are too far away for the arrows to hit unless the target is running in a straight line at you or away from you. If the enemy runs to the side (not evading) the arrows are not fast enough to hit the target.
I would love to see either full damage at any distance on the longbow or slightly speed up the projectiles again so that we can hit enemies at max distance.

Other issues:
1. Obstructed shots
2. Cast times for the longbow do not match the said 3/4 second fire rate.

Commander Togochubb aka Chubby
Perfect Dark [PD] – Yaks Bend

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Jubei.5923

Jubei.5923

Hi ANet, fixed ranger yet?

No worries, I’ll come back tomorrow.

No animals were harmed during the typing of this post.

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: AjoraOaks.3659

AjoraOaks.3659

They’re obviously just building up suspense for a fix to aquatic pets, Aquaman won’t have anything on ranger.

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: jingseng.2150

jingseng.2150

I Summon Thee, JON PETERS

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

You don’t get badges for finishing, Infernia. You get badges for having dealt damage against a finished opponent. Note that you don’t ALWAYS get badges. In fact, two out of three times I don’t get any.

Thanks for the clarification. Now I know it’s just my dumb luck. That’s assuming that if you get credit for a kill you have a chance at getting a badge.

Back on Topic… so what’s the chance we see an update to Rangers in the next patch?

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Gotta think that a thread with 1000 posts and such consistent activity would warrant some sort of reaction from Anet….like actually addressing the known issues with Rangers and either fixing them or telling us blatantly to kitten off. The fact that we’re ignored is so……..<sigh>

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: deepwinter.9015

deepwinter.9015

Can this thread just be locked already? It has gone completely off topic.

Azhandris – Sylvari Thief
Tarnished Coast

Ranger update

in Ranger

Jubei.5923

Hi ANet, fixed ranger yet?

No worries, I’ll come back tomorrow.

Hi again ANet, fixed ranger yet?

No?

That’s cool, I’ll pop by tomorrow.

Oh hai ANet! Just passing through, you know, checking stuffs out, looking at buildz, wondering if you’ve decided to fix the ranger yet or not..

Hey deepwinter!

How about no.

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Lorelei.3918

Lorelei.3918

No, don’t lock this. This thread is literally a standing monument to how unfair anet has been to the ranger.

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

More like a standing monument to how much the Ranger community would like some fixes to our pets.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Dantaeus Heardt.5730

Dantaeus Heardt.5730

Hello devs as you can see this thread has over 1,000 comments and we Rangers all want to know the same thing, are you still working on our fixes? I’m not asking for a timetable or anything like that but the communication with us has been very sparse, a little bit of communication on your end would be welcomed. We’re all waiting and as you can see the patience of some has worn thin, we just want some type of communication. Thanks and enjoy your day!

Dantaeus X Heardt Ranger Lvl 80
Zhaitans Tears Guild[ TWS ] NSP

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

The fact that it hasn’t been locked or responded to again is evidence enough how Anet feels about Ranger and those of us who play as one.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Lorelei.3918

Lorelei.3918

More like a standing monument to how much the Ranger community would like some fixes to our pets.

Longbow needs fixes too. Oh and quickness not applying correctly to sb. And traps being in a tree unrelated to condition damage. Oh and 1h sword attack rooting you and making it impossible to dodge without taking it off autoattack. Greatsword damage is too low too.

That’s not even getting started on pet issues.

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Expansive.3716

Expansive.3716

nice name by the way

But I have to say this thread has provided a lot of laughs. But I do agree that this thread needs to be retired. I mean, it’s pretty outdated and if someone needs to create another thread then so be it.

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Expansive.3716

Expansive.3716

The fact that it hasn’t been locked or responded to again is evidence enough how Anet feels about Ranger and those of us who play as one.

Possibly

It does make me wonder why this thread hasn’t been closed. But like I mentioned already, someone will most likely make another thread just like this

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: raptor.1064

raptor.1064

so when is this update coming out? lol

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Anthrage.2519

Anthrage.2519

Look – if they can’t even fix something as simple as Splitblade, I think it’s reasonable to doubt our ability to have our issues addressed. This thread, this buglist, more than anything else, is an insult at this point…

Ranger Anthrage Stormrider – Sanguine Wild Guild [SW]
sPvP BuildWvW Build
Tarnished Coast Server- Anthrage Stormrider on Youtube

Ranger update

in Ranger

Jubei.5923

Can we please get a response as to how the developers feel about the current state of the ranger, if/when you plan to implement any changes and what you feel is an appropriate ETA?

I don’t like spamming the same kitten thread every day but what other choice do I have? What choice does anyone have?

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Skady.5916

Skady.5916

We don’t even need ETA, just let us know if something is planned for Ranger in the future updates.

Thank you in advance

A man of knowledge lives by acting, not by thinking about acting.
-Carlos Castaneda
Skady Valda

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Meryt.9823

Meryt.9823

Ranger could be easily fixed. Why the wait?

Attachments:

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster.

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Thrutian.7931

Thrutian.7931

Do you want me to fly to the USA and come down to your HQ? It’s as if you want that to happen.
The least you could do is reply…

please?

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

The devs all play d/d ele or thief, so they aren’t even aware there is a ranger in the game to fix, and no nerfs will happen to the aforementioned.

The above is about as likely to get a response as the other 1000+ posts on this thread, i.e. no chance.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Ranger update

in Ranger

Anthrage.2519

I think taking these issues to social media might be a more effective method than hoping for something via voicing our concerns on the forums, they seem to value those avenues of exposure quite a bit. It might be worth a shot, some kind of coordinated effort to draw attention to the wealth of issues the class faces…

sPvP BuildWvW Build

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: MaRko.3165

MaRko.3165

Exposing issues here or elsewhere won’t fix the broken underlying mindset that if the classes are ‘balanced’ in PvP or WvW they are also balanced in PvE.

Current popular thinking in PvE boils down to only three professions are remotely useful (one high DPS profession is most valued) and the rest (including Ranger) are fairly useless and more of a liability than an asset to any team.

“I was playing Farmville and a kitten MMO GW2 broke out of it…”
I cut my gaming teeth on Adventure&ZorkI,II,III.
i7-2600K/8G/GTX570SLI/WIN7/Stereoscopic_3D

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2guru/b/365009593
~50:00 (Anet Devs talking about builds)
I like how they talk about how they messed up spirit rangers. but havent come out with a solution to fix this~ for how many months now?
54:54 “I hear underwater rangers are pretty good.” I feel trolled

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Dantaeus Heardt.5730

Dantaeus Heardt.5730

I’m glad I’m not the only one that caught that. Nice to see the devs think it’s a joke that we’re very viable underwater but on land not so much. Seriously guys just fix what needs fixing and please stop kittenfooting the Ranger. Pet AI is still an issue, you guys admitted to screwing up spirit build rangers( I used to play one and would like to go back to it ), the trap traits are in the wrong traitline, s/b swiftness does not always activate, Lick wounds and S&R do not work 100% of the time, just fix it please.

Dantaeus X Heardt Ranger Lvl 80
Zhaitans Tears Guild[ TWS ] NSP

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: krojack.4920

krojack.4920

3 1/2 months since the Oct. 23, 2012 post that changes are coming. Not w word since then. If you’re still hanging on to some little spec of hope then chances are you will be forever. Move on to another class or cough something else. I moved on and am having leaps and bounds of more fun and for free I might add. I stopped wasting my life away here hanging on to that thread of hope. Granted I visit once in a while to see what’s going on.

Sorry to burst anyone’s bubble.

80 Sylvari Ranger – Jade Quarry
» My current Guild Wars 2 game annoyances

Ranger update

in Ranger

Anthrage.2519

Yeah that crack about rangers underwater really takes the cake. Man, that’s just unbelievable. Joke is definitely on us.

sPvP BuildWvW Build

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

The overall tone of the state of the game was ridiculous at times. Like the aforementioned ranger underwater jokes, or how they don’t know about the state of the balance of the game because they run a 5 man engineer team.
There’s a line between a vow of silence on future updates, and then just spitting in peoples faces. Maybe let’s be more careful about some of our condescending remarks next state of the game.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Convict.8526

Convict.8526

This isn’t the same A-net that gave us GW 1.

This PvP is dead and worthless (THE TRUTH HURTS)

HAHA what is the SOTG?

Isn’t it obvious?

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Daemon.4295

Daemon.4295

PvP isn’t dead and worthless, it just needs a few key features like rankings, dueling, and spectator mode to be top notch, and Anet has already told us they’re working on these aspects.

Back to rangers, I wouldn’t expect to see the fixes we’ve been asking for in the next patches, Anet has been working hard on changes to WvW and PvP. But you never know! To be fair, the amount of fixes and the quality of new content we’ve seen in under 6 months is pretty impressive, at least in my opinion, so I’m willing to wait as long as it takes. I just hope that eventually the class gets the attention it needs.

Ayana Wenona (Ranger) | Doctor Skorn (Necro) | Electra Lux (Elementalist)
Scarlett Daguer (Thief) | Gritt Bloodstone (Warrior) | Sirius Zand (Guardian)
- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

Ranger update

in Ranger

Anthrage.2519

I don`t find anything impressive about the long list of very basic ranger skills that are bugged or broken. I find it embarrassing. And so should Anet.

sPvP BuildWvW Build

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

Anybody home at anet?

Ranger update

in Ranger

Jubei.5923

Hello? We’re still alive here. ANet, JonPeters, anyone?

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: nekos.2584

nekos.2584

I like how they talk about how they messed up spirit rangers. but havent come out with a solution to fix this~ for how many months now?

That’s the first time i have seen that and my god… Is it any wonder why the class balance is so bad in this game ? Those 2 are " like " umm " like " “like” clueless. Wow, just wow.

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Skullface.7293

Skullface.7293

If they don’t seem to want to talk about the state of the rangers as of now, I guess we shouldn’t put our hopes too high for the patch of this month. Maybe there will be huge updates for us rangers, maybe none. Just don’t put your hopes too high guys.

Hiro || Talgo
Main: Ranger
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/hirothebeast

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: One Prarie Outpost.4860

One Prarie Outpost.4860

I predict that the Pet will be fixed in the February patch. The pet will be all over the targeted enemy like molasses! Unfortunately all the Ranger attacks will be obstructed by the new pet AI causing all attacks to miss…

I miss playing my Ranger… well sort of. I miss the Ranger but I’m tired of the bugs.

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Skullface.7293

Skullface.7293

I predict that the Pet will be fixed in the February patch. The pet will be all over the targeted enemy like molasses! Unfortunately all the Ranger attacks will be obstructed by the new pet AI causing all attacks to miss…

I miss playing my Ranger… well sort of. I miss the Ranger but I’m tired of the bugs.

Yeah same here. There is so much bugs in this class it’s not even funny. They should stop focussing on the other classes for a lil moment and focus on the ranger. Most of the arrows i shoot get obstructed 40 to 50% of the time.

Hiro || Talgo
Main: Ranger
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/hirothebeast

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Moddo.7105

Moddo.7105

Yeah same here. There is so much bugs in this class it’s not even funny. They should stop focussing on the other classes for a lil moment and focus on the ranger. Most of the arrows i shoot get obstructed 40 to 50% of the time.

To be honest they have not been focusing on anyone class at all. The amount of Class fixes in last patch all boiled down to them making “charged” effects lose a charge on Blind/miss/evades. And most of patch notes about classes where this.
So don’t think rangers are special as Anet is ignoring all class the same.

(It is just some class don’t need as much work as Ranger/Eng/Necro so it does not hurt them as much to be ignored.)

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Bars T Death.6451

Bars T Death.6451

still no reply from anet well maybe next decade

Jade Quarry
All lvl 80’s

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Zgroza Czarnych.6190

Zgroza Czarnych.6190

I love ranger skills recharge why not all skills make for ranger recharge 500 sec ?
Plz AN make 500 sec recharge any ranger skills

And I love this Concussion Shot recharge 25 sec
but what do uuuuuu
- Daze: 1 s
- Stun: 1 s
PLZ 0.1 sec plz AN plz plz plz 0.1 sec

(edited by Zgroza Czarnych.6190)

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Zgroza Czarnych.6190

Zgroza Czarnych.6190

Anybody home at anet?

AN looking for “motivated people to join our team”

You know w8 5 years then some one in home

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

Anet has been working hard on changes to WvW and PvP.

Wait what, you mean the silly titles and PvE content no one actually wants but that will still be added into Wv3? They surely are working hard!

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: EmanioAmor.1653

EmanioAmor.1653

I totally agree F2 should be instant cast, its already getting frustrating having to stay still for the pet to cast a spell. I couldn’t imagine trying to stay still long enough in the Arah dungeon.
Also for example the boar tree contains 4 different breeds but all do the same thing. And there’s only 1 pet that heals with F2 could we have a little more skill diversity?

(edited by EmanioAmor.1653)

Ranger update

in Ranger

Jubei.5923

- Fix pet F2 responsiveness.
- Fix pet AoE survivability.
- Fix pet AI so that they don’t run off to random, far-away targets.
- Explain the 40ms shortbow nerf and why each shortbow#1 attack is a lot longer than 40ms.
- Adjust dps on longbow so that other longbow classes can stop laughing at us.
- Explain why BM traits are scattered everywhere instead of the BM tree.
- Fix ‘obstructed’ error with bows.
- Regardless of ETAs, can you please tell us that you acknowledge these problems? Everybody understands you can’t fix things with the wave of a wand, but it would mean a lot to everyone if they knew you were aware of these problems. Not saying anything only leaves us to assume that the developers don’t agree with our suggestions – and that’s OK. Just give us confirmation/closure and we’ll stop nagging.

Is that enough for you?

(edited by Moderator)

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Daemon.4295

Daemon.4295

Wow, I hadn’t seen that. At about 59’ they start talking about class balance and they say “we’re being really careful to not over-destroy certain builds, like the ranger (in reference to trap builds) and the ele, we want to bring them down a little bit but we don’t want to whack-a-mole them either.” All we need now is a nerf to trap builds.

Ayana Wenona (Ranger) | Doctor Skorn (Necro) | Electra Lux (Elementalist)
Scarlett Daguer (Thief) | Gritt Bloodstone (Warrior) | Sirius Zand (Guardian)
- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

Received two infractions this week for bumping this thread. It was apparently spam and ‘of little or no substance’.

Seems harsh that you would get an infraction for wanting the company to communicate with us. You would not have had to of bumped the thread if they would put the donut down and actually communicate with the customer. Their are Great Apes that can sign so not sure where the issue with communication is coming from.

Would be nice to know if/when some of the bugs and just poor coding would be resolved. From pet management to the items on the list to follow. Also my traited camo on knockdown etc is not working, it will flash for a half second and then I am fully revealed and still face down from the attack that triggered it.

List of ranger bugs that need to be addressed, and this is not a complete list.

Lack of communication from the company
Ranged attacks often say ‘obstructed’ even when it’s clearly a landed hit
Longbow/Harpoon Gun don’t auto attack at max range (1500) with Eagle Eye.
Horn skill Call of the Wild (5) with autotargeting on will cause start autoattacking anything near
Horn skill Call of the Wild (5) gains 2 seconds from Off-Hand Training on the tooltip, but the duration is the same in real-time
Horn skill Hunter’s Call (4) can cause very odd graphic anomalies on enemies of specific sizes. More info here.
Spear Swirling strike is interrupted by the Stab chain if auto-attack is enabled
Sword’s Slash/Kick/Pounce chain will cause the player to be semi-rooted in place resulting in inability to dodge or readily reposition yourself (more info here and here)
Shortbow’s Quick Shot doesn’t always trigger the swiftness boon or move you backwards. More info here
Shortbow’s Crossfire (1)’s added delay as of the 10/7/12 patch is seemingly unintended. More info here
Shortbow isn’t affected by quickness correctly. More info here
Shortbow’s autoattack is auto-canceling since the animation fix. More info here
Greatsword’s Swoop (3) will often miss if the target is on a different elevation as you.

(edited by Moderator)

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

Don’t forget:

Pets can be trivially kited by regular run speeds (moreso by increased runspeeds via signets/swiftness), removing a large portion of Ranger damage.

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: jubskie.3152

jubskie.3152

I hope all the QQers and closed minded people stay on this thread

I like the positivity and actual discussion slowly emerging in the Ranger section without every other post being “boo hoo ranger sux”.

Most of the people here seem to ignore the fact that we were already given buffs, it’s just not the buffs that they wanted. Yes, more changes are needed but its not as bad as the posts here make it out to be.

Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG] Desolation
Doing It With Style
www.exg-guild.com