[E. Spec Concept] Vindicator
“Revolution begins here!” – “No foe can stand against us!”
In her life, Kalla Scorchrazor formed a secret rebellion against the tyrannical rule of the Flame Legion shamans, training female Charr in secret before starting a widespread rebellion that eventually defeated the Flame Legion once and for all at the Plains of Golghein. Yet, she died by a coward’s hand when stabbed with a poisoned dagger by the Imperator she offered parly to. But by then, Kalla’s place as a legend was already made.
The skills afforded to the Vindicator by Kalla Scorchrazor all grow increasingly more potent and decisive as their Health gets lower. At 66% and 33% HP, each skill becomes even more powerful which allows the Vindicator to wrangle victory from the jaws of defeat with nothing short of determination, grit and courage in the face of death.
- Second Wind – Healing Skill. Heal yourself and regain Energy. Healing and Energy gain increases as your health diminishes.
- Cry Havoc – Release a massive roar, Breaking Stun for nearby allies and Stunning enemies around you. Stun Duration increases and Energy Cost decreases as your Health diminishes.
- Pain Exchange – Strike forwards, tearing into a nearby enemy and Siphon Health from them, while also stacking Torment on them. Health Siphoned and Torment stacked increases as your Health diminishes. At 33%, this attack is Unblockable.
- Mistfire Arms – Upkeep Skill (-10). Coat your weapons in the flames of rebellion, causing them to surge with mystic energy. All of your attacks now deal 10% more Damage and cause Burning on enemies you strike at a set intervall. Upkeep Cost is reduced as your Health diminishes.
- Plains of Golghein – Elite Skill. Arrows rain down over the target area, Immobilizing enemies within and creating a Fire Field that Burns them at set intervalls, with Condition Duration increasing as your health diminishes. Spectral echoes of Kalla’s allies will appear to Finish off downed enemies and revive downed Allies within the field while it’s in effect.
Note: Kalla, like other legends, have call-out lines that occasionally play when using Healing or Elite skills:
- Healing: “We’re not going down that easily!”
- Elite Skill: “Upon these fields, we will know Victory!”
- Legendary Rebel Stance is colour-coded Red as Kalla was part of the Blood Legion, and the Mists rising from it vaguely takes the shape of weapons raised in a rally.
- Martyrdom – Gain Access to the Legendary Rebel Stance and the Sacrifice Mechanic.
- Pain Adept – Gain Protection (3s) when you activate Sacrifice.
- Desperate Power – Damage increases as your Health gets lower. Increase at 66%HP: 10%. Increase at 33%: 20%.
- Relentless March – Reduces the duration of incoming Movement-Impairing Conditions, depending on your Health. 100%HP: -25%. 66%HP: -50%. 33%HP: -75%.
- Imbued Exhaustion – Weaken (3s) enemies that you Siphon health from. You take 10% less Damage from Weakened enemies. ICD: 10s.
- Pain for Pain – Gain Retaliation (3s) when struck while below the Health Threshold. Threshold: 75%. ICD: 15s.
- Overpower – Gain Condition Damage equal to 10% of your Power.
- Spirit of Rebellion – Using a Legendary Rebel Skill grants you Stability (1 stack, 4s). ICD: 10s.
- Returning Vigor – Resurgance now Heals you and restores Endurance depending on Your health. Endurance gained: 25/50/75.
- Tyrant’s Folly – Combo Finishers you perform in Dark Fields now additionally stack Confusion (1 stack, 3s) on affected enemies.
- Sunder and Rule – Vulnerability you apply now also increases Condition Duration on the enemy by 1% per stack.
- Insurmountable – Incoming Condition Duration and Stun Duration is reduced by 25% while Sacrifice is active. Gain Resistance (3s) when you Activate Sacrifice. ICD: 20s.
Thief – Duelist | Ranger – Strider | Engineer – Technician |
Elementalist – Spellweaver | Necromancer – Warlock | Mesmer – Trickster |
(edited by TheSwede.9512)
Honestly while this sounds quite a bit OP on paper for PVE, I would love for something similar to this to happen! I’ve been saying over and over again in these forums that Kalla Scorchrazor would be perfect for the next legend. She would be an awesome legend for Charr players to use and add another awesome female legend to the cast!
I’ve also been posting in these forums about having a hybrid GS with her too! It just makes absolute perfect sense to pair these two.
While I do think some of the stuff in this elite spec sound OP, I do like that Sacrifice mechanic and that could be a pretty interesting new playstyle for Revenant.
PLEASE GIVE US KALLA AND GREATSWORD, ANET!
I absolutely LOVE the Greatsword concept, as well as the heal that grants both health and energy. This would be a welcome addition to the game in my book.
This was something i made a year ago
New Legend – Pyre trueshot
Theme – mid ranged skirmisher and condition applier
Special F2 skill – Mist arrow
- Fire a line targeted (similar to deflecting shot) arrow from the mists that does damage and knockbacks foes. Max 5 targets. CD 30s.
Special weapon – Shortbow
- The theme of the weapon would be mid ranged combat, of 900-1000, considering there already exists a long ranged power weapon. Short bow would apply single target condition pressure.
Skill 1 – flanking attacks inflict 3 seconds of Torment. Fire rate same as Ranger SB
Skill 2 – Rapid fire poison arrows for 2 seconds while gaining blur. CD 12 seconds. Attacks 5, poison stacks applied 5, duration 3 seconds.
Skill 3 – Shoot a frozen arrow onto your target chilling and crippling them, while appearing on the opposite side of them. Evade during it. CD 15 seconds
Skill 4 – Swing your bow in an AOE knocking down everyone for 1 second in an 180 AoE. CD 25 seconds
Skill 5 – Reatreat into the mists gaining invulnerability for 3 seconds and removing 3 conditions. Prevents cap contribution. CD 35 seconds
Utilities – Mix of Traps and Survival skills
Heal skill – Blink to an area while removing 3 conditions and healing for a small amount. Gain stealth for 2 seconds. CD 35 seconds
Utility 1 – mist infused trap Place a trap that immobilizes and slows enemies for 2 seconds and applies 6 stacks of bleeds for 10 seconds on activation. 35 energy cost
Utility 2 – resist Break stun and gain 2 stacks of stability for 3 seconds while converting 1 condition into a boon. Energy cost 30
Utility 3 – infused torment Apply 1 stack of torment for 3 seconds onto your next 5 attacks while gaining fury. Cost 35 energy
Elite – Maelstrom Lay down a trap that upon activation pulses blind and weakness to enemies and 2 stacks of might for 10 seconds to allies per pulse. 5 pulses. 10 second CD and 50 energy cost.
- enable SB and Pyre skills
- gain 2 seconds of stealth when swapping legends
- gain 2 seconds of super speed when swapping legends
- Gain 20% condition duration and 25% movement speed when wielding a Short bow
- Mist arrow transfers 3 conditions to the first enemy it hits
- Deal 10% extra damage to enemies beyond 600 range
- cast resist when stunned. 40 seconds ICD
- gain 2 stacks of stability for 3 seconds when casting mist arrow
- your trap skills apply 3 seconds of chill and cripple when activated
- heal 1000 hp/sec when in stealth. When exiting stealth gain 5 seconds of swiftness and regeneration. Only self cast stealth applies. ICD for boons 5 seconds.
- Mist arrow corrupts 2 boons on each enemy hit
- Condition damage taken is decreased by 25% when channeling Pyre. Toughness is increased by 150 when channeling Pyre
Very nice concept and nice work overall. I like it a lot ! :-)
Desperate Power – Damage increases as your Health gets lower. Increase at 66%HP: 10%. Increase at 33%: 20%.
You had me at this trait. I love these kind of high risk, high reward ideas.
My main concern is with a player becoming too powerful at low hp. There definitely needs to be a limit on how powerful one can be at low hp, so that they don’t end up doing so much damage or CCing for so long that there’s no way anyone can defend themselves or counterattack without taking too much damage. It’s a high risk, high reward spec, but it shouldn’t be high risk, extra high reward because then it becomes OP.
Plains of Golghein – Elite Skill. Arrows rain down over the target area, Immobilizing enemies within and creating a Fire Field that Burns them at set intervalls, with Condition Duration increasing as your health diminishes. Spectral echoes of Kalla’s allies will appear to Finish off downed enemies and revive downed Allies within the field while it’s in effect.
An AoE finisher and res might be a bit too extreme, unless the resing and stomping is extra slow or the echos can be interrupted or killed easily. This would also need to have a long CD, not like the current elite spec CDs which are short (for God knows what reason).
The GS weapon skills have two evades, which is risky because evades are already too common from HoT, though I understand why this spec would need them. My concern here is that this’ll tie in too well with Shiro and staff to create far too many blocks and evades for a spec that could possibly do crazy high damage. That’s what’s happening with the current Power Shiro spec. You can spec for super high damage and rely on constant evades and blocks to avoid being hit altogether. Imagine a power GS/staff Devastation/Invocation/Vindicator spec, running Kallo/Shiro. It would have 4 evades and 1 block, not including dodges. Revs are fantastic at doing high damage at low hp, so the increased evades could end up making this a lower risk, high reward spec, which of course is bad. But this is because two of the biggest attacks for power rev are Relentless Strikes and Surge of the Mists, and the former was nerfed because it was so insanely OP when used to its full potential. So I think the two evades on GS could be fine as long as they don’t do much power damage. Think of it this way, would the spec be godly if you were running Destroyer or Viper amulets because of the high quantity of evades? It’s fine if the spec can work with them, but then you need to consider numbers that don’t make the spec too weak without them or too powerful with them.
This is still a fascinating elite spec idea and I support it. These are just my thoughts and concerns with some of the ideas in it.
(edited by Zintrothen.1056)
Vindicator is a title that far belongs more to Guardian than revenant. They’re the justice soldier archetype.
I’m in favor of this, if only because Revenants really need a ranged option that isn’t Hammer and ranged condition damage. A shortbow (which is only used by like 2 other professions atm) would be much more interesting on a heavy profession than yet another GS setup (though I do like the OP’s theme surrounding it). Traps could also work really well if they’re not as nuts as DHs were, but not underwhelming like a Ranger’s.
Please, no more traps. They’re boring.
We should get ritualist spirit summons ;>
I really like the “rebel” idea. I especially love how you gave calls out to the legends.
The spec in itself seem fine but in need of some tweeks :
- Desperate power : a minor trait that give up to 20% increased damage is a bit to strong. 66% give 7.5% increase and 33% give 12.5% should be more balanced.
- sunder and rule : sould probably be change to : condition you inflict last longer with each vuln stack on foe. simply, I doubt that the game have enough ressource to track down and apply the trait effect on each vuln stack.