Revenant Feedbacks [merged]

in Revenant

Posted by: steve.2945

steve.2945

whats the range on axe? I’m trying to build a good rev, but i never got to play one in beta :S

If I remember correctly, the 4 of the axe has a 900 distance range. Once you hit the foe, you teleport behind him. And the spell 5 has a 600 distance I think.
But the mace’s auto-attack is a melee attack, event though its two other spells are mid-ranged.
So you could say that mace+axe is a weapon set for melee and mid-ranged combat.

alritey, thank you very much!

Proud TTS member

in Revenant

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

Im not sure if i understand OP topic.

But looking at these icons i want to cry inside.

Attachments:

obey me

in Revenant

Posted by: Yota.7184

Yota.7184

@skowcia , where’d you get this picture ? If Glint’s skills are all signet, thet would be a shame

in Revenant

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

I think you missed a lot of speculations threads, and alikely, so I’ll summarize:

Revenant have 4 baseline legends:
3 Confirmed so far> Jalis, Mallyx, Ventari

1 Unconfirmed, but with already leaked weapons skills (Sword/Sword) and specialization track background : Shiro
http://imgur.com/nAs2Oge

And finally we have already confirmed that rev wll also get a elite spec within HoT, and that have also already been leaked the weapon skills (Shield) and specialization track background: Glint
http://imgur.com/6FW9xD2

Also, if you want to speculate even further, all main npc’s from the history seens to be “Specializing” into the elite specs (Marjory is training with sword, Brahan have a concpet art with Bow, ETC..). Following that linke of thought, rytlock is using glint as legend for himself, so it is quite reaseonable to think that this is the elite legend.

in Revenant

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Why would signets be bad? Passive effects and instant casts.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

in Revenant

Posted by: araskell.9018

araskell.9018

Not all signets are instant casts. Source

Lunas Deathwish | FA WvW – [BOMB]

in Revenant

skowcia.8257

@skowcia , where’d you get this picture ? If Glint’s skills are all signet, thet would be a shame

Search and you find it! I dont want another…

As for signets its the worse stuff ever made, passive bs which you dont want to use as you lose benefits, they are far from insta cast as well. It also gives the possibility that Glint unlike other legends will be cd based which is overkill for revenant. Now im olny curious if Glint is actually a f2 button.

obey me

in Revenant

Posted by: Yota.7184

Yota.7184

Why would signets be bad? Passive effects and instant casts.

I didn’t say signet would be bad, but being FULL signet would be boring maybe. Revenant is here for new mechanics, so if Glint offers only signets and no other skill, I think it’s a little bit disappointing.
But hey, I won’t judge till I try it

in Revenant

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

Hey, I searched and I found it
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3b9un5/bunch_of_revenant_skill_icons_new_and_old/

Do I get 5 achievment points?

in Revenant

skowcia.8257

Hey, I searched and I found it

Do I get 5 achievment points?

Nop, just infraction so you better remove that link.

obey me

in Revenant

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

That picture looks like a thief with a staff.

Yes, that is what we are speculating now, and that elite spec weapons won’t be exclusive to each one, like it may be possible that Druid and thief elite spec will get staff and Chronomancer and rev elite spec will get shield.

Honestly it would be sad. Part of the beauty of this whole ordeal is partially represented by the unique weapon each class can have for elites.

in Revenant

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Honestly it would be sad. Part of the beauty of this whole ordeal is partially represented by the unique weapon each class can have for elites.

I don’t see like that, sure it is nice some uniqueness, but also force new weapons just for the sake of being unique is a bad way of think.
Like Druid may get a mid/long range support skills staff while Thief elite get a melee AoE high sustain DPS Staff, same weapon but totally different game play.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

in Revenant

Posted by: Khenzo.2465

Khenzo.2465

Here’s some food for thought.

It’s pointed out how the class is limited in options.

It’s pointed out how some legends skills are utterly useless in some situations.

Glint the supposed elite spec gets signets.

Signets are I guess not so thematically tied to a legend?

The elite spec ‘fixes’ the isses with the class that was brought up, by letting us swap out a legends skill using a glint signet as a part of the new mechanics? With maybe a F2 skill surrounding Glint.

Yes, that is a cheap way of getting around the problem, but it’s probably too late to sort it out properly. Plus it takes less development time, by doing this they don’t have to create additional skills per legend AND make an elite spec with new skills.

Who knows.

(edited by Khenzo.2465)

in Revenant

skowcia.8257

They are. You channel Glint like any other legend, we have seen Rytlock channeling Glint in trailer after all. And most likely they also have cd like any other class out here. Selling an expansion with new class that getting up olny 15 utilities with elite spec compared to old classes with 24 when couting their elite spec is a joke.

Revenant has many issues and flaws, we all can see it already but im not even surprised looking at who designed revenant. Hint; the same person who designed warriors and rangers – and to this day they have a lot of useless stuff paired with some weird placement of traits in specializations. Incompetent designer will remain incompetent. I rather have Robert or even almighty Karl as a designer over the guy who designed war, ranger and rev anyday anytime. Sad but true. I bet revenant elite spec doesnt even have defiance bar – and they need it like no other class atm.

obey me

in Revenant

Posted by: Khenzo.2465

Khenzo.2465

They are. You channel Glint like any other legend, we have seen Rytlock channeling Glint in trailer after all. And most likely they also have cd like any other class out here. Selling an expansion with new class that getting up olny 15 utilities with elite spec compared to old classes with 24 when couting their elite spec is a joke.

Revenant has many issues and flaws, we all can see it already but im not even surprised looking at who designed revenant. Hint; the same person who designed warriors and rangers – and to this day they have a lot of useless stuff paired with some weird placement of traits in specializations. Incompetent designer will remain incompetent. I rather have Robert or even almighty Karl as a designer over the guy who designed war, ranger and rev anyday anytime. Sad but true. I bet revenant elite spec doesnt even have defiance bar – and they need it like no other class atm.

Yeh I know they aren’t looking to be so well made, which is why I suggested they went with the elite spec letting you interchange the elite spec signets with the other legends as apart of it’s mechanic.

And what I meant about the signets theme, is that they are just signets, they to me at least almost seem neutral among the legends skills, if you understand what I mean? Like they are bound to be a little plain, which then lets you fit them into the other legends skill sets without looking weird?

I don’t know xD

in Revenant

skowcia.8257

It will look weird as one of these signets will summon a huge dragon..lol

Legends should get 2 extra utilities to bring them up on par with rest and fix current weakness of rev like lack of stunbreaks/condi removal at the cost of offensive power.

And why weapons has no mobility beyond me. It like they think everyone and their mom will pick up Shiro

obey me

in Revenant

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

Im not sure if i understand OP topic.

But looking at these icons i want to cry inside.

woha… and i thought we reached the level of lame with locked skills and no weapon swap. Full signet legend…topkek

in Revenant

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

To be honest, I’m excited to see a full signet legend.

For other professions, signets aren’t designed to be all used in a single build, so you have some that improve condition damage and then others that improve boon builds or power builds, so you kinda do not want to take them all. It might be different for Revenant.

It’ll also be interesting to see how signets will interact with the energy mechanic, if at all. Lesser cooldowns means more passive downtime? Will they even cost energy? In GW1, signets didn’t cost energy.

I think there’s potential for something a bit more interesting here.

in Revenant

skowcia.8257

Full signet rangers are popular. Thing is other classes slot different skills than signets for stunbreaks etc. With rev it wont be a problem cause he doesnt have such thing as stunbreak -2pro for it

Rebember, stunbreak is for the weak!

Also sigets are mostly for passive crap, once you use them they goes on cd losing their effect. One from fresh datamined skills from Glint has 45cd so most likely Glint will be cd based like old classes on f2 key.

obey me

in Revenant

Posted by: makagoto.1204

makagoto.1204

signets lose efficiancy after being used, because they lose their passive, but the revenant can simply swap to another set of utility skills. This leads to some interesting gameplay mechanics.
The revenant is pretty restrictive but he/she can always fullfill two roles thanks to his/her legendary stances. So far the strongest skills in the game are the utility+ elite skills and for the revenant to have twice as many of those makes that proffession very powerful.
Many people already ignore most of the weapon skills not to mention another weapon set.
What annoyed me the most on early beta gameplay is that most people completely ignore those utility skills, not to mention the low cd elite skills, which were practically never used.

(edited by makagoto.1204)

in Revenant

skowcia.8257

Maybe they ignored them cause they wasnt really all that useful maybe?

obey me

in Revenant

Posted by: makagoto.1204

makagoto.1204

Maybe they ignored them cause they wasnt really all that useful maybe?

nah, it has more to do with the lets hammer that weapon 1 skill down for everything.

Summon the power of the legendary demon to transform into a powerful avatar. Increase all attributes, and copy conditions to nearby foes every few seconds.

Channel the power of the Rite of the Great Dwarf to turn yourself and nearby allies into stone to reduce incoming damage.

Grant resistance to yourself and nearby allies. Absorb conditions from those allies, gaining additional resistance per condition.

Deal damage to your foe. Remove boons from and apply confusion to that foe. Apply bonus confusion if you have equal or more conditions than the threshold applied to you.

those skills sound pretty useful to me, either way i am gonna have hands on in the next beta, whenever that may be.

in Revenant

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

And why weapons has no mobility beyond me. It like they think everyone and their mom will pick up Shiro

My immediate thought is
1. ANet plans to liberally give Taunt condition to Rev
2. Sword ‘3’ 450 range

Anet will push it all out and see what happens (much like the newer mechanic/trait/stat distribution redo). I fully expect Revenant to be broken (Shiro/Glint elite just like Jalis elite) before being nerfed back down.

(edited by Artaz.3819)

in Revenant

skowcia.8257

My immediate thought is
1. ANet plans to liberally give Taunt to Revenant
2. Sword ‘3’

Shiro utilities and elite (?) Anet will push it all out and see what happens (much like the newer mechanic/trait/stat distribution redo). I fully expect it to be broken and overpowered before being nerfed back down.

Sword 3 wont be a mobility skill, more likely a skill that has a radius effect and invul/evade status. As for Shiro mobility i think it will be close to a thief with shadow shot. Elite is aoe mid range basilisk (2 sec stun in other words) which was datamined some time ago and called “jade wind”

obey me

in Revenant

Posted by: Thunder Buddy.3052

Thunder Buddy.3052

Here is what I think I will play with

Attachments:

in Revenant

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

O wow lol it’s been a while since I made this thread XD still relevant though, considering we don’t have the revenant profession forum (yet).

I’m glad this thread came up again actually, because it’s been a long time and I’ve changed my original outfit for my future revenant by a lot. Below is more of what I want my rev to look like now, and I want to show some skin on him because there aren’t enough skimpy males. He’ll definitely be wearing one of the 3 blindfolds, along with the juggernaut to make his armor nice and shiny.

Attachments:

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

in Revenant

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

Will this make use of the beta slot or will I need to use a real character slot? It isn’t clear enough, and was hoping somebody else had some insight.

in Revenant

Belzebu.3912

Will use the beta slot.

in Revenant

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

Álso one question: is this the half-finished kitten version of Revenant or the complete (minus Elite Spez) ?

Cause this will have a huge diffrence in testing both for us and for you.
Kinda hard to do a proper test with only 3/4 Profession imho.

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in Revenant

Belzebu.3912

Will be the “half-finished kitten version”: Mallyx + Jalis + Ventari

in Revenant

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

Álso one question: is this the half-finished kitten version of Revenant or the complete (minus Elite Spez) ?

Cause this will have a huge diffrence in testing both for us and for you.
Kinda hard to do a proper test with only 3/4 Profession imho.

It’s actually 4/5 profession I’d say (we got 4 of the 5 core specializations, 3 of the 4 core legends and 4 of the speculated 6 core weapons).

in Revenant

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

Was it in the post by anet and I’m just blind? Anyway I’ll take your word for it, thanks!

in Revenant

Diovid.9506

Was it in the post by anet and I’m just blind? Anyway I’ll take your word for it, thanks!

They said the following:

For this test, we’re looking for your thoughts on balance and how fun it is to play as our new profession, the revenant—along with its newly announced Ventari legend and the staff weapon—in the existing Guild Wars 2 game world with (and against!) existing professions.

That seems to imply that we will get everything of the Revenant that has been there in previous events plus Ventari and the staff. If there would be anything more than that they would probably have said so.

in Revenant

skowcia.8257

They said the following:

For this test, we’re looking for your thoughts on balance and how fun it is to play as our new profession, the revenant—along with its newly announced Ventari legend and the staff weapon—in the existing Guild Wars 2 game world with (and against!) existing professions.

That seems to imply that we will get everything of the Revenant that has been there in previous events plus Ventari and the staff. If there would be anything more than that they would probably have said so.

There still a hope that they post a blog about devastation line+Shiro. We need full base class to give them a proper feedback. Howered i doubt that it will change anything when it comes to pvp unless they create defensive utility skills to swap.

obey me

in Revenant

Posted by: WhiteFox.9432

WhiteFox.9432

Will use the beta slot.

This.

Also, this will be my first experience with the revenant. I can’t wait to experience how it plays. Hey, maybe I’ll get lucky and even find a bug or exploit. :o

in Revenant

Diovid.9506

There still a hope that they post a blog about devastation line+Shiro. We need full base class to give them a proper feedback. Howered i doubt that it will change anything when it comes to pvp unless they create defensive utility skills to swap.

If there was going to be a blog post, they would’ve released a teaser, like they did with Ventari. There is no hope. However, I don’t agree that we need the full base class. At least, not right now. Eventually we will need the full base class to give proper feedback but for now it is fine that we just get most of the class and play with it in different parts of the game, with some different builds, a few different weapons and even different stats.

in Revenant

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

I initially had high hopes for this class, and was really eager to play it and make it my main based on the lore alone, but the more we’re shown about the class, the more my hype’o’meter goes down.

There’s one thing the revenant is lacking that we have yet to see on the class, and it’s a pretty big thing that will make or break a class in PvP and WvW, and even some dungeons.

Stun breaks.

The revenant (Currently) hasn’t got a single one.
Any revenant is going to get absolutely destroyed by anyone that has any shred of sense in PvP, which leads me onto my next subject.

The lack of gap closers. The only gap closer shown so far is on an offhand weapon, and it can be dodged, yay?

Why is it that this class currently has no stun breaks and no reliable way of attacking ranged targets (if he’s not wielding a hammer)?

You may think that Elementalists and Engineers do fine without weapon swapping, but Engineers have kits. This gives them multiple ranges of combat, from melee to mid range to long range.

The elementalist, even when using D/D has a kitten ton of gap closers and teleports.

The revenant? Jack kitten. This class NEEDS weapon swap.

I apologize if any of this didn’t make sense, what i was writing made sense to me, but re-reading it, i can see how some of it was written poorly.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

in Revenant

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Probably best to hold off until the remaining skills and specialisations are revealed. Way too early to say if it will suck or not.

in Revenant

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

This class NEEDS weapon swap.

I wouldn’t put it as strongly as you have but with the weapons so closely themed to be used with particular legend and trait line combination, it sure would help a bunch.

However, the lack real cooldowns on most utilities is something that I have to play with before giving it more though (rite of the great dwarf is a stun break, for example, so with fast energy regen it can be used pretty often I hope).

Also, revenants are a heavy armour class with two heals skills in combat, plus staff that has effectively regen on auto-attack. Things to keep in mind. The only real thing I worry is, for example that using a Staff will only make sense for Ventari (and his trait line) Axe/Mace for Mallyx and Hammer for Jalis. Of course the one-handed weapons you can mix and match, but staff and hammer in particular seem like they could have it tough with other than their assigned legends.

(edited by Crise.9401)

in Revenant

skowcia.8257

I already been saying it. I will definitely make a solid review+vids from gameplay to show how weak he is in reality. The olny thing i disagree is wep swap, that would kill it for me.

Probably best to hold off until the remaining skills and specialisations are revealed. Way too early to say if it will suck or not.

Shiro legend wont change anything outside of mobility and maybe burst. But like other legends he wont have stunbreaks either

This class NEEDS weapon swap.

I wouldn’t put it as strongly as you have but with the weapons so closely themed to be used with particular legend and trait line combination, it sure would help a bunch.

However, the lack real cooldowns on most utilities is something that I have to play with before giving it more though (rite of the great dwarf is a stun break, for example, so with fast energy regen it can be used pretty often I hope).

Rite of the dwarf sux hard. It really really sux. Show me any other stunbreak with 3sec casttime. Please im waiting for it. As for weapon and it closed theme nature that could easily be fixed by modifing skills a bit during different legends just like ele glyph. Mallyx would reduce pwoer damage but ad conditions to them, jalis would provide defensive boons, ventari naturally healing, shiro burst

obey me

(edited by skowcia.8257)

in Revenant

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

I’m still holding off hope that the class can redeem itself with the upcoming reveals for it, but so far it’s very underwhelming and just looks like they’re trying too hard to not make it overpowered at release, and are just going to make it incredibly lackluster and weak.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

in Revenant

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I already been saying it. I will definitely make a solid review+vids from gameplay to show how weak he is in reality. The olny thing i disagree is wep swap, that would kill it for me.

Shiro legend wont change anything outside of mobility and maybe burst. But like other legends he wont have stunbreaks either

I’m not saying you are wrong, but how do you know?

in Revenant

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

I’m hoping it atleast gets a weapon swap or more utilities for each legend still. I really don’t like its design for PvP though, and Ventari line seemed terrible and too gimmicky to be useful. The whole profession seems so pigeonholed instead of being versatile like I expected but we’ll see.

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

in Revenant

Diovid.9506

Stun breaks.

Any revenant is going to get absolutely destroyed by anyone that has any shred of sense in PvP, which leads me onto my next subject.

The Revenant so far has two stun breaks: 1) Empty Vessel (the grandmaster minor trait in Invocation) and 2) Rite of the Great Dwarf, Jalis’ elite skill. In addition the Revenant has access to traits like Unwavering Avoidance, Eye for an Eye and Redeeming Protection.

The lack of gap closers. The only gap closer shown so far is on an offhand weapon, and it can be dodged, yay?

Why is it that this class currently has no stun breaks and no reliable way of attacking ranged targets (if he’s not wielding a hammer)?

First of all, the Axe is also a ranged weapon.

Second of all, Hammer, Mace and Mallyx all have leaps. The Staff also has a charge.

This is all not to say that your points are invalid but it might be less severe than you made them out to be.

in Revenant

skowcia.8257

I’m not saying you are wrong, but how do you know?

Cause Shiro is offensive type? His elite was datamined to be an aoe medium basilisk venom skill – in other words, 2 second stun. Where they would place stunbreaks? Hes already must have either way as Shiro is probably the olny legend with mobility, must have for any melee user whenever you like it or not.

obey me

in Revenant

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Cause Shiro is offensive type? His elite was datamined to be an aoe medium basilisk venom skill – in other words, 2 second stun. Where they would place stunbreaks?

Maybe in one of the utility skills? The whole profession is in flux, I’m sure they won’t release it without stun breaks.

in Revenant

skowcia.8257

Stun breaks.

The Revenant so far has two stun breaks: 1) Empty Vessel (the grandmaster minor trait in Invocation) and 2) Rite of the Great Dwarf, Jalis’ elite skill. In addition the Revenant has access to traits like Unwavering Avoidance, Eye for an Eye and Redeeming Protection.

First of all, the Axe is also a ranged weapon.

Second of all, Hammer, Mace and Mallyx all have leaps. The Staff also has a charge.

This is all not to say that your points are invalid but it might be less severe than you made them out to be.

That trait is terrible from practical point of view, as you will have to swap to different legend no matter what leaving you without stunbreak. Thing about it as a stunbreak on wep swap, a thief comes out of nowhere and spike you. You had melee set on which could counter thief, but you been forced to swap to a ranged set – now youre useless and a thief will enjoy his freekill.

Rite of the dwarf is a terrible stunbreak as it lock you into animation, it doesnt provide you invul, it doesnt offer protection, insta teleport like JI, anything at all. Youre locked yourself out of skills for the skill duration which last 3 seconds. Terrible.

Unwavering Avoidance – anyone will w8 for the stab to wear off then stun you. It doesnt last long.

Eye for an Eye – high cd and doesnt completely prevent you from taking damage unlike other traits like guard which offers protection, ranger which prevents stun, mesmer which copy effect and so on. It is in same tier as redeeming protection as well so nobody will pick it up

Redeeming Protection – good trait, must have for pvp espesially in current state of rev. Howered that alone wont be enough.

obey me

(edited by skowcia.8257)

in Revenant

skowcia.8257

Cause Shiro is offensive type? His elite was datamined to be an aoe medium basilisk venom skill – in other words, 2 second stun. Where they would place stunbreaks?

Maybe in one of the utility skills? The whole profession is in flux, I’m sure they won’t release it without stun breaks.

They need to add extra 2 skills per legend and bring them up on par with rest. Old classes got 20 utility skills while rev has olny 13. Thats a serious problem which needs to be addressed. I cant see where they could place stunbreak on shiro – mobility skill? That will break his mobility as cost for stunbreak must be high to keep it in balance. Now going by gw1 skills – burst skills aka double damage and condi transfer? Life stealing? I dont think so.

obey me

in Revenant

Posted by: CodeHavoc.7926

CodeHavoc.7926

I’m rapidly losing interest in even trying the Rev class. To me it seems like a heavy armored Necromancer and not much else. I’m not a heavy lore guy, so excuse me when I say I have very little investment when it comes to the legends the class is supposed to have. I’d like some insight first if anyone is willing to give it.

Note: Please don’t start lambasting me with “Huuuuur, duuuuur If you no like, don’t play it.” I’d like to keep this thread civilized.

Necro Jesus is a thing apparently
The Zerker Bunker meta is the biggest bug in the game

in Revenant

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

It seems like each legend is inspired in a different profession, sharing similar themes but with different playstyles. So Jalis is guardian-esque and Mallyx feels similar to a necro.