Is the thief dead?

Is the thief dead?

in Thief

Posted by: Allan Assensor.5908

Allan Assensor.5908

Q:

Hey all,

Im back to GW2 after more than 1.5 years.. Nice to be back ^^
But, I must ask.. whaaats up with the thiefs?
They are mostly a joke in 1vs1 in WvW..
They are no longer competitive! Are thiefs patched to death?
My experience over the last days and the twitch streams that I have seen, make the thief to a joke..

I play myself no thief.. but, why do the devs destroy such a fine class?
I miss the nice old 1vs1 battles against thieves!
Arenanet.. bad job I thought you guys are different from the other MMO Devs..
So long

Is the thief dead?

in Thief

Posted by: Nayro.3270

Nayro.3270

A:

I got back to gw2 two months ago after years without playing it and I got the same reaction. I used to be main thief and when I tried it in wvw… just WOW!
Thief doesn’t have any effetive role in wvw anymore but scout =/

Is the thief dead?

in Thief

Posted by: Christonya.3856

Christonya.3856

Yes and no.

No we still have our uses, running from point to point afking most of the match decapping / capping things that have no defense.

Yes we’re pretty much the worst 1v1 class in the game, have arguably the weakest survivalbility, our elite spec is just a retooled acrobatics and yes we seem to be being phased out of the meta entirely.

Is the thief dead?

in Thief

Posted by: bliss.4305

bliss.4305

Hey all,

My experience over the last days and the twitch streams that I have seen, make the thief to a joke..

So long

That sounds like such a practiced and telegraphed story to help the class out… Sorry my fellow thief-mate, if it doesn’t work on us, it won’t work on them…

On the off chance that you’re genuinely sad and worried about the thief class, thanks for your concern but we stopped believing in anyone but our own gameplay perfection to be somewhat potent, at this point.

Is the thief dead?

in Thief

Posted by: Kageseigi.2150

Kageseigi.2150

Thieves never say, “Die!” (They just do it)

Besides, Halloween is just around the corner. All we need is the ability to become undead :-)

Suggestions to overhaul the Thief…

* * * Thief Trait Shakeup * * *

Is the thief dead?

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

There weren’t any substantial buffs or reworks. (Well, the change between trait lines to spec lines… But that was more of a shuffle of things along with somethings being removed and somethings being made baseline rather than a full-on rework.)

There have been a relatively steady stream of nerfs.

So yes, the thief is weaker than it was 1.5 years ago…. But it’s still stronger than what it will be in 1.5 years.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

(edited by Zero Day.2594)

Is the thief dead?

in Thief

Allan Assensor.5908

I got back to gw2 two months ago after years without playing it and I got the same reaction. I used to be main thief and when I tried it in wvw… just WOW!
Thief doesn’t have any effetive role in wvw anymore but scout =/

Pretty much!

Is the thief dead?

in Thief

Posted by: bliss.4305

bliss.4305

There weren’t any substantial buffs or reworks. (Well, the change between trait lines to spec lines… But that was more of a shuffle of things along with somethings being removed and somethings being made baseline rather than a full-on rework.)

So yes, the thief is weaker than it was 1.5 years ago…. But it’s still stronger than what it will be in 1.5 years.

The last sentence made me chuckle… I also doubt somehow this is STILL not our rock-bottom.

One other thing I can add to this info is that with the major balance update a few months back, all classes but thief were buffed heavily in damage & sustain.

Consequently, thieves, being more or less the same as they were, feel and play much less powerful now.

Is the thief dead?

in Thief

Allan Assensor.5908

Hey all,

So long

That sounds like such a practiced and telegraphed story to help the class out… Sorry my fellow thief-mate, if it doesn’t work on us, it won’t work on them…

On the off chance that you’re genuinely sad and worried about the thief class, thanks for your concern but we stopped believing in anyone but our own gameplay perfection to be somewhat potent, at this point.

I do not play thieves bro! I just lough about! and am a bit sad about what thieves are now..

See my API = A0EC9074-FFD2-3545-9E89-8748EAFA76817AAC684B-B44F-4D8D-8E2F-553F2FED2A6B

Check it here… http://mygw2.wvwintel.com/

Im a GW2 preorder! Since 2012, customer!

I do not troll
regards

(edited by Allan Assensor.5908)

Is the thief dead?

in Thief

Posted by: Amante.8109

Amante.8109

Dead? No. On life support? Yes.

Is the thief dead?

in Thief

Allan Assensor.5908

Dead? No. On life support? Yes.

I would really like to start now a thief after so much time break.. But, you think Anet will show some love in the future?

Really do not wanna to waste my time I have better things to do!

Get thieves a little more love in the future Anet?

Is the thief dead?

in Thief

Allan Assensor.5908

I do not want thieves OP! but competitiveness.. they do not have it anymore ^^
I do not wanna be just a scout or be able to just kill noobs

Is the thief dead?

in Thief

Posted by: Keitaro Dragonheart.9047

Keitaro Dragonheart.9047

Thieves have been all but Smiter’s Boon’d out of the game. It was a powerful enchantment that allowed monks to both heal and smite, and was considered overpowered. Instead of fixing it, Anet’s solution was to nerf it so hard, it was effectively useless in ALL situations. And so it has remained, utterly useless and unfixed, 7 years later.

Thief isn’t there yet, but it’s getting there. And frankly, it’s a little depressing watching my favorite class get butchered to kitten.

Is the thief dead?

in Thief

Allan Assensor.5908

I was 1,5 years not here and was not folowing the forums..

Let me guess..

The majority (the other classes) has been crying in he forums, that the thief is too OP! and Anet nerfed it to almost death.. Right?

Is the thief dead?

in Thief

Posted by: Keitaro Dragonheart.9047

Keitaro Dragonheart.9047

Let me guess..

The majority (the other classes) has been crying in he forums, that the thief is too OP! and Anet nerfed it to almost death.. Right?

Pretty much.

Is the thief dead?

in Thief

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

I like the true story behind that last sentence. This could easily replace old necro’s “3 more years to go” and it’s original. Most seems to wait for HoT release as deadline but this is costing them the thief population.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Is the thief dead?

in Thief

Allan Assensor.5908

Let me guess..

Pretty much.

Thanks!
I’m very sad of these profit policy!

Is the thief dead?

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

and it’s original.

Nope, I just remember someone else saying this along the lines… name starts with either B or M…. can’t remember… :| sorry.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Is the thief dead?

in Thief

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

and it’s original.

Nope, I just remember someone else saying this along the lines… name starts with either B or M…. can’t remember… :| sorry.

I remember but by original I mean I won’t have to use the one for necro which I got from a GW1 player’s experience. They quickly made it useless fortunately but thief is shaping to fit that belief.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Is the thief dead?

in Thief

Allan Assensor.5908

I am a player of the older generation!
I no longer play your Nerf Buff and Politics Anet!

Send me a mail if you are out on this nursery! (you got my Mail as well)

Bye all.. was nice to meet ya again But, I do not have time for this bullkitten..

Bya all, best wishes for the future!
Kiss

Is the thief dead?

in Thief

Posted by: Narlack.3198

Narlack.3198

Yes, thief is dead, Official Unofficial Funeral yesterday. Trying out other classes to prep for HoT now.

Is the thief dead?

in Thief

Posted by: Amante.8109

Amante.8109

I’m very sad of these profit policy!

For what it’s worth, I don’t think it’s a problem of greed as much as problematic corporate culture and structure. I’ve heard both from word of mouth and Glassdoor reviews that ArenaNet is a fun place to work at in a lot of ways, with some very cool and creative people around… the problem is how hard it seems to be to get any changes through without a lot of red tape and approval processes getting in the way.

Is the thief dead?

in Thief

Posted by: MadVisions.4529

MadVisions.4529

Pls realise that the current bad 1v1 potential is becouse of sPvP. It would (actually was) be kittened if the most mobile class could win most 1v1s. Imagine pushing offensive áll game and wrecking any opponent who decides to defend. If you are getting +1’d all you do is refugee and wait till 1 leaves then win 1v1 if both stay team wins 4v3.

Is the thief dead?

in Thief

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

Thief is not in his best shape now, it’s harder than it was but it can still be effettive (wvw speaking).
One of the greatest problem is getting the stomp, since few AoE can kill you; that will hopefully be solved with new elite skill.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara