Pulmonary Impact

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

Should not be affected by protection or toughness IMO.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

I wouldn’t mind this but to even it out it should do a flat amount of damage, like 1.5k.

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

Posted by: MadVisions.4529

MadVisions.4529

DECENT IDEA! lets standardise it to 1k damage to all types!

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

Posted by: Achey.3612

Achey.3612

why not 2k? if you think about it. a lot of AA do like 2k to us thieves, like ranger AA. my AA on SB does around 1.9k on mediums or lights. I don’t remember which.

2k for something you have to time doesn’t sound unreasonable to me especially in wvw, where every other class has a either crazy regen, tons of invulnerability and block, high defense/toughness, or basically more than 1 life bar… and hey, even classes that stealth better than us.

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

I used to hit 3.7k pulmonary strikes vs a glkittenter mesmer friend before the last big patch, and I understand it hits higher now. Given it’s affected by damage modifiers in our favour, it’s only fair that it’s also affected by those in the foe’s favour really.

If it’s really an issue for you, trait for Bountiful Theft and take the sigil that steals boons on interrupts. That eliminates protection if used correctly, you shouldn’t be bursting when bulwark gyro etc is active, and toughness is supposed to counter direct damage so there’s no reason to change how that works.

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

Posted by: Kageseigi.2150

Kageseigi.2150

glkittenter mesmer

Just curious… what was the intended word here? :-P

Suggestions to overhaul the Thief…

* * * Thief Trait Shakeup * * *

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

glkittenter mesmer

Just curious… what was the intended word here? :-P

Stupid forum censor xD

The words were glass, followed by shatter. Not the word for a hat made of sphincter.

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

Posted by: Slowmelt.8547

Slowmelt.8547

There is a bigger problem for Pulmonary Impact—It’s useless against anything with a breakbar. You can’t interrupt them so it never triggers.

It really ought to be set up such that “If you WOULD HAVE interrupted an enemy with a break bar, you trigger a Pulmonary Impact once per attack.” or something like that.
It’s a huge source of DPS for my Thief, and it’s agony to lose it for any boss fight.

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

Achey.3612

snipped

slight issue for pve. but there’s a lot of things for most classes that don’t work against world bosses, so it’s pretty fair. in wvw and spvp it’s not much of an issue.

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

I feel like I’ve gone back in time to when Halting Strike (Power Block) on Mesmer was and still is utterly useless in PvE. And what Slowmelt suggested is exactly what was suggested in the Mesmer community about 2-3 year ago

Gandara

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

Posted by: Talek.6795

Talek.6795

DECENT IDEA! lets standardise it to 1k damage to all types!

I actually agree with 1k

Talék

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

Posted by: Gallant Pigeon.5807

Gallant Pigeon.5807

Standardising it would be a huge nerf to thieves. Thieves are arguably the only class that does not overly benefit from taking lots of toughness or vitality. My point is you should see much more than 1k or 2k damage pulmonary impacts when running zerk. I often see 5k+ in wvw, 2-3k vs heavy armor and toughness.

Pulmonary impact in its current form is why D/P is preferable over staff for PvP for a lot of thieves.

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

Posted by: Slowmelt.8547

Slowmelt.8547

snipped

slight issue for pve. but there’s a lot of things for most classes that don’t work against world bosses, so it’s pretty fair. in wvw and spvp it’s not much of an issue.

I don’t mean to be rude, but… who cares?
This assumption that sPvP and WvW are the important bits of the game and that PvE is secondary is extremely frustrating.

It’s an oversight, at the least, to have it behave that way.
The fact that there are other things made basically useless by breakbars is news to me, but my point stands: Pulmonary Impact ought be fixed to either work through breakbars, or greatly contribute to breaking them.

Though, I would probably be satisfied with the trait being given “Stuns 50% more effective against breakbars” and the Fist Flurry skill being given some other perk to make it more useful against breakbars.

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

Pulmonary is too good not to interrupt every autoattack with headshot. Used to be better when u had to time your headshot to key moments.
Has to be nerfed in some way. I’d accept any of these: much lower dmg / internal CD /rework.

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

Posted by: alchemyst.2165

alchemyst.2165

Pulmonary is too good not to interrupt every autoattack with headshot. Used to be better when u had to time your headshot to key moments.
Has to be nerfed in some way. I’d accept any of these: much lower dmg / internal CD /rework.

I don’t really have a problem with Pulm as of now, but I wouldn’t mind an ICD. The trait is meant to be very effective at killing glassy classes, which it is, but it isn’t really useful in anything outside of 1v1s. Not very good in actual PvP. Plus, you sacrifice survivability for it, and it can easily be countered by stab. While it is annoying to fight sometimes, it can easily be worked around. So I really don’t think it needs changed tbh.

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

Achey.3612

snipped

I don’t mean to be rude, but… who cares?
This assumption that sPvP and WvW are the important bits of the game and that PvE is secondary is extremely frustrating.

of course it’s something subjective. for me, pve doesn’t really matter because in my eyes, pve doesn’t present a challenge at all. it’s not exciting.

but what i said still stands. all classes have things that don’t work against bosses with that bar thing. it’s nothing to really complain about