So...this just happened.

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Posted by: Emi.4152

Emi.4152

Hey Tempest

fellowww d/d thief here! If you don’t mind me asking, what is your build and equipment? I won’t say LTP because i also play with 200+ ping and sometimes get caught off guard by a random glass warrior kneeling at 1200 range :P

however, if you do see a warrior with a giant gun kneeling… as long as you have the blind on stealth trait that almost all x66xx d/d thieves have… you can just cnd → steal at the warrior and be completely safe from the kill shot. I find that i can get cnd → steal → bs → full auto chain into them before they finish casting that silly skill. Blind on stealth will keep you safe so you won’t even have to dodge.

I see a few people here saying that you should try to open range with them and kite… for me that has never worked very well, opening range on someone that has 1200 range when you only have 900 max. What i personally find really effective with warriors is to keep at 0 range. If it’s a rifle/GS warrior, keep blind on them consistently, walk through them when they do the channel pew pew skill (it will make the channel fail), dodge only the stuns and immobs that you are unable to blind, when they take out the GS and do the swing swing swing skill, walk INSIDE their character and most of the chain will miss you. If you land your auto poison on them consistently, it would only be a matter of time before they run or die :P

Happy hunting!

Yak’s Bend – Hello Kitty and Friends (aFK)
Lv 80 Thief – Emi Smacks / Lv 80 Ele – Emi Casts / Lv 80 Necro – Emi Nox

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Posted by: Reavan.8753

Reavan.8753

Tempest, I don’t think a single person in this thread has supported you or the major points you have stated, other than lightly agreeing with some of the Thief weaknesses.

Instead of taking the most helpful responses and constructive criticism and reflecting upon them, you have been immediately denying their validity, quoting every counter points responding each time with what seems to be longer versions of “NO YOU ARE WRONG”

An overwhelming majority of this thread and subforum disagree with you. Have you once considered that maybe they have valid points themselves?
Stop being blinded by your pride.

So true.

He is so blinded by his own ego he think’s he is winning some sort of trolling contest or something here when all he is doing is looking like a gigantic clown.

Haha!
He needs no encouragement though let him keep going til this thread gets locked.
I am positive he will come out with some other weird stuff to have a giggle at before this is through.

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Posted by: Tempest.4507

Tempest.4507

Tempest, I don’t think a single person in this thread has supported you or the major points you have stated, other than lightly agreeing with some of the Thief weaknesses.

Instead of taking the most helpful responses and constructive criticism and reflecting upon them, you have been immediately denying their validity, quoting every counter points responding each time with what seems to be longer versions of “NO YOU ARE WRONG”

An overwhelming majority of this thread and subforum disagree with you. Have you once considered that maybe they have valid points themselves?
Stop being blinded by your pride.

Look, another one!

All that has been said to me is;

1- I play thief wrong.
2- I should get out of the range of my enemy all the time while trying to stay in the melee range.
3- Thieves require no skill to play what so ever. We are in fact, able to dominate by just mashing on keyboard randomly.
4- I should be a comedian.

I guess that sums up your “most helpful responses and constructive criticism”.

In every MMO, stealthy backstabby classes always received the most hate, wheter they are overpowered or underpowered, it does not matter. People fear and hate what they can’t see. Even if they are able to one-shot that invisible boogeyman, they still fear it. Much like insects and spiders. You fear them, you hate them, those tiny, hard to see animals, although you know you can just smash them in an instant.

(edited by Tempest.4507)

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Tempest.4507

Hey Tempest

fellowww d/d thief here! If you don’t mind me asking, what is your build and equipment? I won’t say LTP because i also play with 200+ ping and sometimes get caught off guard by a random glass warrior kneeling at 1200 range :P

however, if you do see a warrior with a giant gun kneeling… as long as you have the blind on stealth trait that almost all x66xx d/d thieves have… you can just cnd -> steal at the warrior and be completely safe from the kill shot. I find that i can get cnd -> steal -> bs -> full auto chain into them before they finish casting that silly skill. Blind on stealth will keep you safe so you won’t even have to dodge.

I see a few people here saying that you should try to open range with them and kite… for me that has never worked very well, opening range on someone that has 1200 range when you only have 900 max. What i personally find really effective with warriors is to keep at 0 range. If it’s a rifle/GS warrior, keep blind on them consistently, walk through them when they do the channel pew pew skill (it will make the channel fail), dodge only the stuns and immobs that you are unable to blind, when they take out the GS and do the swing swing swing skill, walk INSIDE their character and most of the chain will miss you. If you land your auto poison on them consistently, it would only be a matter of time before they run or die :P

Happy hunting!

Full berserker gear, 6 on SA and other 8 keep changing as I like to experiment with diffrent builds.

I always have the blind on stealth(really helpful since almost all the AoE spells range is really wide and hits no matter if the target is behind you or not as mentioned before by someone else, channeled skills still hit you even if you go stealth #kittenlogic) but that blind applies only if you are on melee range. Steal as I presume most of you know, has 900 range AND 35 sec cooldown. Kill-shot, 7.5-10 with 1500 range that can be used many times in a fight due to traits that increase your adrenaline gain and a signet that refills all your adrenaline.

Keeping at 0 range never worked either because a greatsword wielding, minimum 20k health heavy armor wearer that also has regen warrior easily crushes the tiny little thief with 13k. (although it might make you able to dodge the kill-shot) D/D thief can’t really blind whenever he/she wants because our only blinding ability (stealthing) takes 6 initiative and once you use 1 (or even worse miss 1) you won’t be able to either hide or deal any good amount of damage. Why? Let’s take a look at D/D thieves weapon skills. Our main damage source other than backstab, our auto-attack. Heartseeker, only viable when our opponent has less than %50. Death Blossom, does anyone even really use this skill? Dancing dagger, laughable damage coupled with 3 sec cripple. And our only means of survival, Cloak and Dagger.

And to those people that keep thrashing on this thread and pretty much are only able to thrash and nothing else, you are a welcome sight. Only thing you are proving is how the truth hurts and you simply can’t stop yourself intervening.

(edited by Tempest.4507)

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Posted by: MarauderShields.6830

MarauderShields.6830

glass cannon complains about being beaten by another glass cannon (arguably the worst, most easily shut down and most gimmicky).

rule 1 of the thieves guild: if you go burst, prepare to get bursted.

/thread

Former running-really-fast-man. Now proud member of Revenant clan.

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Tempest.4507

glass cannon complains about being beaten by another glass cannon (arguably the worst, most easily shut down and most gimmicky).

/thread

Aaand another one! It’s raining today!

“if you go burst, prepare to get bursted.” – Should I go bunker then? Is that what most thieves do now? I can only imagine what a 2k backstabber thief would be able to kill.

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

/thread

I agree thief class is burst class, the part i do not agree with make burst Instant Kill= Instant Guarantee Win!

Example; you play need for speed race game? Just because the car have boost do not guarantee instant win. If that was case, the game would fail for game company and its player.

Again, us player not saying thief can not burst but for Arena net design thief burst to guarantee instant win is fail design and fail balance for thief class.

Same for stealth example: us player do not care if thief stealth but for stealth to guarantee instant win is fail design and fail balance.

Last: for Arena net to Punish its player for chose glass build “just because thief is burst class” is also fail design and fail balance. Why punish other class for “just because”?

Example: so “just because” car have turbo engine, it is ok to guarantee instant win? very poor mentality.

Imagine if other company have same mentality, their company would instant fail.

That is call Monopoly! Monopoly: “1 Rule Them All” = No Challenge.

Monopoly: “exclusive control of a commodity or service in a particular market, or a control that makes possible the manipulation of prices”. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/monopoly

What do this mean? Thief is design to have exclusive control, exclusive advantage, exclusive possession and exclusive power over all class in the game: that is not right at all!! Discrimination is the after-effect to other class.

In result, us other class in the game feel discriminate because arena net design thief to be a monopoly class.

see here: it make all sense-

Discrimination— "

: the practice of unfairly treating a person or group of people differently from other people or groups of people

: the ability to recognize the difference between things that are of good quality and those that are not

: the ability to understand that one thing is different from another thing"

That is why us class feel treated unfair because of “for just because Thief” is that or do that, can do that!! and if us class complain, “it is our fault” or “we have to ltp”

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/discrimination

So what is solution?

First solution is for thief monopoly mentality need to end
Second solution is to redesign thief class without monopoly design

I hope you understand

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

(edited by DarkSyze.8627)

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Posted by: PsyKoOz.8701

PsyKoOz.8701

No Blinds
No Invis
No Interupts
No Tps
No Dodges

Kill Shot too fast !
Thief so hard, war so big and strong !

Attachement:
http://i.memeful.com/media/post/9d6Kxjw_700wa_0.gif

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

I’ve played a thief for over a year both WvW/Spvp and warrior the last 3 months. Since OP is talking about WvW Ill stick with that point of view. As others have already stated, and as you know Tempest, they both have their own mechanics and niche. In your example it was a zerker rifle warrior which has to build up adrenaline to dish out that damage in a channel. Thief can backstab much more often, at less damage, but with easier access as long as they stay on target as you chose to be melee. Fighting X classes on my thief is easier than on my warrior, but then again you have to factor traits gear weapons etc.

I feel your whole thread is a little too focused on warrior supposedly OPness rather than counting in the whole picture such as drawbacks. You mentioned immunity to damage but that’s only for 4 seconds every 60 seconds if he chose to pick up endure pain utlity, vs thiefs faster access to stealth (and regen + condi removal when stealthed + shadow refuge). Even though a GS warrior has some mobility and potential to escape fights, it is no way a 100% escape potential as the thief has, that is gold on my thief as I know I can get away 100% of the time or reset the fight, your niche. A warrior cant do that. But again your focus was on the zerker rifle war and if you fought him 1v1 you would’ve bested him, hands down, if you used your dodges/stealth, as rifle is an ineffective 1v1 build and doesn’t support the other weapon set. It’s like a troll build, like the thief’s dual pistol set where you can burst a target quickly down – but the set has no other useful mechanics and especially once all that initiative is gone.

The fact that you took the full 15k dmg raises an eyebrow and you should ask yourself what were you doing that exact moment, were you not paying attention to his predictable channel ability, the problably only ability you even would’ve had to dodge in such a fight?

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

(edited by nacario.9417)

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Tempest.4507

No Blinds
No Invis
No Interupts
No Tps
No Dodges

Kill Shot too fast !

Attachement:

A quick research on your forums posts shows your degree on trolling.

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Tempest.4507

“Thief can backstab much more often, at less damage, but with easier access as long as they stay on target as you chose to be melee. Fighting X classes on my thief is easier than on my warrior, but then again you have to factor traits gear weapons etc. " – Gaining stealth through CnD is much harder than warrior gaining adrenaline. I could use Stealth utility but warrior also has instant adrenaline fill signet.

“You mentioned immunity to damage but that’s only for 4 seconds every 60 seconds if he chose to pick up endure pain utlity, vs thiefs faster access to stealth (and regen + condi removal when stealthed + shadow refuge).” – Thieves regen in stealth vs warriors all time regen? A condi removal where you need at least half of your initiative and to be able to hit your enemy in melee range while trying to stay away from their random AoE that will take you down with pretty much 1 shot? Shadow Refuge which has a sign on it that says “Please AoE and Pull/Push/Knockback the kitten out of this place”?)

“Even though a GS warrior has some mobility and potential to escape fights, it is no way a 100% escape potential as the thief has, that is gold on my thief as I know I can get away 100% of the time or reset the fight, your niche. " – You really mean to tell me that you have always been able to escape on your thief? What do you do exactly? I am curious.

“A warrior cant do that. But again your focus was on the zerker rifle war and if you fought him 1v1 you would’ve bested him, hands down, if you used your dodges/stealth, as rifle is an ineffective 1v1 build and doesn’t support the other weapon set. It’s like a troll build, like the thief’s dual pistol set where you can burst a target quickly down – but the set has no other useful mechanics and especially once all that initiative is gone.” – Sure It can be a lot easier when you are dueling with the warrior. But in a small scale fight that said warrior can randomly take a target, use his shot, then continue fighting the other person. Which was the scenerio that happened to me as I was focusing on a very low health ranger and all of a sudden I am down even though I had full health. Please continue to tell me how I should have dodge with my spider senses and go in stealth while doing a 360 noscope long range blind or interrupt.

“The fact that you took the full 15k dmg raises an eyebrow and you should ask yourself what were you doing that exact moment, were you not paying attention to his predictable channel ability, the problably only ability you even would’ve had to dodge in such a fight?” – Already covered in the above part, but aye…It does raise an eyebrow.

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Emi.4152

Full berserker gear, 6 on SA and other 8 keep changing as I like to experiment with diffrent builds.

hmmmm, you might consider changing from full berserk to a valk/cav/berserk mix. I started off with full berserk too but it didn’t work as well as i wanted it to, added valk & cav and started to win alot more! as i got better i found that i could start putting berserk pieces back one at a time hehe.

poof!

And to those people that keep thrashing on this thread and pretty much are only able to thrash and nothing else, you are a welcome sight. Only thing you are proving is how the truth hurts and you simply can’t stop yourself intervening.

mmmm, I would agree that thieves (especially d/d thieves) has weaknesses. I wish we had a little bit more burst (you can never have enough!). I wish power rangers would stop engaging me at the perfect distance (1000~1100) when i can’t get far enough away fast enough and too far for me to close in time to do any good… That med guardians stop being the giant scary monsters that chases me (gahhh! stop chasingggg meeeeee).

But overall, I think we’re still doing quite fine no? Then again… i really love the d/d playstyle… even if they nerf us to the point that we can only tickle… i’ll still be out there tickling people to deathhhh! so maybe i’m biased :P

Just abit of gameplay from me. The first fight has a rifle/gs warrior (among other things… :P) poor thing is just crippled from blind > _ < they attack so slowly! It’s from the chinese server where i have better ping but pretty much the same thing I do in NA.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8XH5BmQ4qE

#selfpromotion yay!

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Well Ive tried to explain it and all i can say the classes work differently with each their niche. You basically said it yourself, you died because you didnt pay attention. We all know rifle burst skill hits like a truck. Thieves will always be squishy. Squishy died because active defensives werent used, be on your toes or fall where you stand. I could put dual pistols on my full zerker thief and burst someone, unaware like you, down with haste during zerg fight, like that warrior did.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Tempest.4507

hmmmm, you might consider changing from full berserk to a valk/cav/berserk mix. I started off with full berserk too but it didn’t work as well as i wanted it to, added valk & cav and started to win alot more! as i got better i found that i could start putting berserk pieces back one at a time hehe.

poof!

mmmm, I would agree that thieves (especially d/d thieves) has weaknesses. I wish we had a little bit more burst (you can never have enough!). I wish power rangers would stop engaging me at the perfect distance (1000~1100) when i can’t get far enough away fast enough and too far for me to close in time to do any good… That med guardians stop being the giant scary monsters that chases me (gahhh! stop chasingggg meeeeee).

But overall, I think we’re still doing quite fine no? Then again… i really love the d/d playstyle… even if they nerf us to the point that we can only tickle… i’ll still be out there tickling people to deathhhh! so maybe i’m biased :P

Just abit of gameplay from me. The first fight has a rifle/gs warrior (among other things… :P) poor thing is just crippled from blind > _ < they attack so slowly! It’s from the chinese server where i have better ping but pretty much the same thing I do in NA.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8XH5BmQ4qE

#selfpromotion yay!

Gotta hand it to you, you play good. But in some of those fights your opponents don’t really look like they know how to counter a thief. That guardian in the first fight seemed like his other hand is full :P

I am very interested in your build and gear, sigils and runes. As even though I go more damage based with my build I do lot less with my backstabs and well…overall burst. Highest backstab I did to a non-upscaled player was 7k and thats with 17 or so might and a build that has no survibility (0 in SA and Acro)

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

I know I’m going to get some heat for this but the great swords charge ability needs its ranged halved. Currently its used for running away or gaining ground. It’s rarely used as a charge. (intended use) That in itself is past the scope of what the warrior is suppose to be doing. Either make charge a ability where you NEED a target WITHIN range or nerf the range.

They could make it like ele’s RTL, hit a target = normal cd, no hit = longer cd.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Posted by: PsyKoOz.8701

PsyKoOz.8701

No Blinds
No Invis
No Interupts
No Tps
No Dodges

Kill Shot too fast !

Attachement:

Maybe said like a troll but it doesn’t mean I’m wrong

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Tempest.4507

No Blinds
No Invis
No Interupts
No Tps
No Dodges

Kill Shot too fast !

Attachement:

Maybe said like a troll but it doesn’t mean I’m wrong

Have you tried to fight a condi ranger that has trapper runes? Now that is invis.
Interrupts only with /P builds.
Most classes have Tps
We got dodges aye(Only viable wih Acro build coupled with Trickery though), still I would rather have higher health pool and toughness to survive anyday, as it doesn’t even require you to press a button with lightning reflexes to survive.

“Kill Shot too fast !
Thief so hard, war so big and strong !”
– Can’t argue with that!

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Emi.4152

Gotta hand it to you, you play good. But in some of those fights your opponents don’t really look like they know how to counter a thief. That guardian in the first fight seemed like his other hand is full :P

I am very interested in your build and gear, sigils and runes. As even though I go more damage based with my build I do lot less with my backstabs and well…overall burst. Highest backstab I did to a non-upscaled player was 7k and thats with 17 or so might and a build that has no survibility (0 in SA and Acro)

thanks! I think the guard was trying really hard to keep his guildies alive (all 3 were from 1 guild :P) and by the time it turned into 1 v 1, his cooldowns were all gone! It’s true that quite a few of those in the video do not know how to counter a thief properly but… most players do not know exactly how… especially in wvw! (basically the same thing in both NA and CN). Skill levels are abit higher in NA but not to the point where it’s significantly harder.

Something i’ve always found very interesting about the d/d set is that while i might lose to particular players or builds 1 v 1 but when it turns into 1 v 3~4 it suddenly becomes much easier! cnd is much too easy to dodge 1 v 1 but when there are multiple targets~ it becomes impossible :P

The build i (mostly) used in the video is linked in the description. New server, new guild, new everything so i played the very safe 06620 :P mostly full exotic except for a couple of ascended trinkets. I also like 26600, 20606, 56003 for d/d. Also like silly builds like hybrid p/d trap rune thief (i think i got whole map zergs angry and chasing me the week i played that… :P!)

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Tempest.4507

thanks! I think the guard was trying really hard to keep his guildies alive (all 3 were from 1 guild :P) and by the time it turned into 1 v 1, his cooldowns were all gone! It’s true that quite a few of those in the video do not know how to counter a thief properly but… most players do not know exactly how… especially in wvw! (basically the same thing in both NA and CN). Skill levels are abit higher in NA but not to the point where it’s significantly harder.

Something i’ve always found very interesting about the d/d set is that while i might lose to particular players or builds 1 v 1 but when it turns into 1 v 3~4 it suddenly becomes much easier! cnd is much too easy to dodge 1 v 1 but when there are multiple targets~ it becomes impossible :P

Well I do not full know hows skill level in NA and CN as my only source of knowledge is through these videos, but in EU Tier 1, it gets real tough. It’s like everyone can see the future, the moment you throw shadow refuge for example, you get insta-feared, knockdowned, or get too much AoE pressure. Can’t really tell how many times I get downed inside Shadow Refuge, to the point where I start to think changing it with something else. You would expect the stealthy class to shape the fight but thats not the case here. Most people save their skills for the time you are revealed.

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Emi.4152

Well I do not full know hows skill level in NA and CN as my only source of knowledge is through these videos, but in EU Tier 1, it gets real tough. It’s like everyone can see the future, the moment you throw shadow refuge for example, you get insta-feared, knockdowned, or get too much AoE pressure. Can’t really tell how many times I get downed inside Shadow Refuge, to the point where I start to think changing it with something else. You would expect the stealthy class to shape the fight but thats not the case here. Most people save their skills for the time you are revealed.

mmmmm i know what you mean. don’t get me wrong, there are players who do know full well how to counter a thief with their own build. Also keep in mind that d/d isn’t really the most viable build in the world… (I’m sorry! it has to be said! :P) But if the people you’re fighting seems to predict everything your doing… then you might be playing too strait forward. bait out their dangerous skills while you have the cooldowns to deal with them. bait out dodges with fake cnds. cnd + teleports are nearly impossible to predict in a group fight, you can literally be aiming for anyone at a distance.

and refuge… if you cast it without having the dodges to deal with whoever you’re fighting then… well then you’ll die ^^ you just painted a giant target on the ground that you’re not allowed to leave… i think the game automatically teleports any GS mesmer within range and automatically casts iWave whenever a thief uses refuge. yup, i believe there’s a law somewhere that states just that! if you absolutely do not have dodges left and really have to cast it, at least open up the range to the people trying to smack you before putting it down. Withdraw + weapon change will let you dodge + heal + stay inside refuge. SB 3 at an empty direction and pray in a pinch!

If you end up super emergency last ditch i’m out of everything else cast refuge on my head while that giant is whacking me with a hammer then pray then you’re only suffering from the mistake of letting yourself run out of resources to keep yourself safe, a mistake you probably made 30 seconds before you even thought about casting refuge > _ <

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

in the end, emi just basically said “l2p” in a fashionable way.

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

ppl can still see you because of floating damage numbers

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-

New thief. Play first complain later.

They don’t see damage numbers when stealthed. Any implication that they see you is them guessing (successfully) where you are.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

(edited by Azure The Heartless.3261)

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Tempest.4507

in the end, emi just basically said “l2p” in a fashionable way.

Not really. No. But if you wanna beliave that then i could not care any less.

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Tempest.4507

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-

They don’t see damage numbers when stealthed. Any implication that they see you is them guessing (successfully) where you are.

People should learn to read the whole thread before writing anything. You make more fun of yourself while trying to make fun of someone else.

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

Why are you even trying to play a thief with 170-500ms latency? You should be on warrior or minion master necro…

Just another noob thief…

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Posted by: SoulSin.5682

SoulSin.5682

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-

People should learn to read the whole thread before writing anything. You make more fun of yourself while trying to make fun of someone else.

We’ve read the whole thread a few times already. It’s just you that refuses to see the truth.

If dodging, blinding, interrupting, staying out of range or behind the warrior aren’t real solutions to you, you might change your full berserk to valkyries and never get one shoot again.

Worth mentioning that the standard Valk thief walks around with 15~18k HP and will NEVER get one shooted by a sniper warrior. (which is a build only used by bad warriors, since its a gimmick/fun build)

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Posted by: Arkitech.9158

Arkitech.9158

Just gunna throw this out there, signet BS thief used to be able to do ~17k in 1 backstab. It’s nerfed now so the max is like ~14k i believe, haven’t tested in a while. Tbh this kind of spike damage is normal if you all in invest into it. Idk why you are surprised.

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Tempest.4507

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-

We’ve read the whole thread a few times already. It’s just you that refuses to see the truth.

If dodging, blinding, interrupting, staying out of range or behind the warrior aren’t real solutions to you, you might change your full berserk to valkyries and never get one shoot again.

Worth mentioning that the standard Valk thief walks around with 15~18k HP and will NEVER get one shooted by a sniper warrior. (which is a build only used by bad warriors, since its a gimmick/fun build)

What…I don’t even…Have you even read what the guy wrote?

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Tempest.4507

Why are you even trying to play a thief with 170-500ms latency? You should be on warrior or minion master necro…

Except nowhere it dictates that people with high ping should not play thief, although I agree with you. It is terrible to play with this ping for all classes, worse on a thief. Forget dodges and other stuff, Heartseeker doesn’t even hit my target even though the target is pretty close to me on my own screen, they usually are out of the range of Heartseeker. If I had a chance to switch classes without needing to open up all WPs again, I would.

(edited by Tempest.4507)

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Posted by: SoulSin.5682

SoulSin.5682

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-

You might edit your first post then because you clearly wrote down that players “can still see you because of floating damage numbers” on it.
And no, the glitch excuse won’t cut it. The Thief boards would be an uproar if such a bug was in the game. (its probably a side effect from lag)

We are not here to troll you. Emi, Sir Vincent III, Quakeman and even PsyKoOz (in a sarcastic way) gave you proper answers of how to counter that very specific Warrior build.

And like I said, you can always change to Valkyries and walk with 16k HP or more and not get sniped.

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Have you even read what I wrote mate? That warrior has been critting me? Like many times?! I had full health. Full Health. Have you checked my health and the damage I received?

The image you posted don’t lie.

So I should not get into melee range as a thief. Alright. I will spam throwing knife next then. Oh what’s that? Now I need to get out of the range of a 1500 range skill? In 1.25 sec? kitten It’s so easy compared what Warrior had to do for that kind of damage. ( Pressing F1 requires MLG level skills)

/facepalm
That’s why you have shadowstep. If you don’t know what shadowstep is for, like wasting it to get in melee range, then you really have a L2P issue.

So next time I manage to get in stealth, instead of trying to backstab and continue the fight, I should just run away. Noted.

Getting out of range is not the same as running away. Every decent Thief knows the difference.

I would like to emphasize on "The thief profession is not like a Warrior that you can simply one-shot ppl. You need to work your kitten off and still manage less than most other proffessions.

Nope. That’s just you. More than likely that those who play Thief knows how to play Thief. So for your sake, L2P Thief.

What? You do what now? Are you opponents are so bad that they don’t target you first? Or you are just god-like? You are able to dodge attacks with 1/4 second of evade of Heartseeker too? I am just blown right now. And where did you get the idea of I am using auto-targetting?

Simple. You failed to use HS to get out of range, which is the only real reason is that you have your training-wheels (auto-targetting) on.

Again, 1500 range, 1.25 sec casting time.

Shadowstep is 1500 range that you cast in almost an instant. L2P.

Thief has issues now? Man the picture you drew just right now shows thieves are just OP. We need more nerfs.

Yes, however L2P is not one of them. That’s a player issue.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-

People can however see fire blast from fire sig and heal numbers (on them) if they have any heal on dmg trait/lifesteal food and their HP isn’t full.

Not defending Tempest, just throwing the info here.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

I hope you guys like stories -

~This is a heartbreaking tale of a community of Thieves trying to help another Thief who just-doesn’t-get it. Some of his brothers are harshly criticizing their inexperienced colleague, others taking a more matronly tone, trying to nurture the young Thief’s growth. But alas, he just didn’t get it.
The End.~

A masterpiece! Symbolism! Coming of age! Action! Love! Soon to be a major motion picture playing on an Aetherblade Holocoder near you!

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Tempest.4507

sigh

“The image you posted don’t lie.” – And?

“That’s why you have shadowstep. If you don’t know what shadowstep is for, like wasting it to get in melee range, then you really have a L2P issue.” – I know full well what is shadowstep, the thing is, ,its requiring me to switch to my shortbow that does funny damage compared to my daggers or needing me to use my 1 time ability is not helping againts a 7 sec cooldown 1-shoting ability. Learn 2 Math.

“Getting out of range is not the same as running away. Every decent Thief knows the difference.” – Alright. Is it a secret though? Are you gonna tell me this big secret or you are just gonna claim that I am bad and you are good and pretty much that’s it?

“Nope. That’s just you. More than likely that those who play Thief knows how to play Thief. So for your sake, L2P Thief.” – Good advice. As expected from you.

“Simple. You failed to use HS to get out of range, which is the only real reason is that you have your training-wheels (auto-targetting) on.” – So I should have used HS and not shadowstep to get out of the range is that it? Make up your mind man. But let’s say its HS. HS has 450 range and costs 3 initiative. Animation it self takes 3/4 of a second. You need to cast at least 4 times of these to be able to get out of the range of a Kill shot. 4 × 3 = 12 initiative which is the max without traiting for it. 4 × 3/4 = 3 secs which is 1.75 sec more than the casting time of Kill-shot. Please go back to your school and finish your education. Oh and one more thing, I disabled “auto-targeting” in the first 30 minutes of this game. But keep believing!

“Shadowstep is 1500 range that you cast in almost an instant. L2P.” – You might wanna create a thief and hop on sPvP to check what kind of abilities we have. You seem like a person who never even tried to play as a thief.

Shortbow shadowstep = 900 range
Shadowstep utility = 1200 range
Kill-shot = 1500 range

“Yes, however L2P is not one of them. That’s a player issue.” – L2UYB. If you don’t know what it is, It’s Learn to use your brain. Genius, right?

(edited by Tempest.4507)

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Tempest.4507

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-

You might edit your first post then because you clearly wrote down that players “can still see you because of floating damage numbers” on it.
And no, the glitch excuse won’t cut it. The Thief boards would be an uproar if such a bug was in the game. (its probably a side effect from lag)

We are not here to troll you. Emi, Sir Vincent III, Quakeman and even PsyKoOz (in a sarcastic way) gave you proper answers of how to counter that very specific Warrior build.

And like I said, you can always change to Valkyries and walk with 16k HP or more and not get sniped.

I don’t need to prove anything to you, just like you don’t need to prove anything to me. But if you only take some parts of my whole post and ignore the rest, well…it’s only fitting that I do the same to you, isn’t that right?

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Tempest.4507

I hope you guys like stories -

~This is a heartbreaking tale of a community of Thieves trying to help another Thief who just-doesn’t-get it. Some of his brothers are harshly criticizing their inexperienced colleague, others taking a more matronly tone, trying to nurture the young Thief’s growth. But alas, he just didn’t get it.
The End.~

A masterpiece! Symbolism! Coming of age! Action! Love! Soon to be a major motion picture playing on an Aetherblade Holocoder near you!

I think you missed your kindergarten. You might wanna seek some professional help.

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Rifle warriors are a running joke on my server, I’m not sure if they are absolutely the easiest build to kill but they are pretty darn close. Since all the ways you could have countered it have been listed numerous times and you continue to ignore any helpful advice I’m not sure what is left to say.

I’m torn between advising you to play a new class or just making fun of you for dying to a rifle warrior.

Oh I actually do have some advice that is common sense for most people. If you are fighting X numbers target the easy bags like rifle warriors first.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

(edited by Puck.9612)

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

And?

The Warrior has been critting you, from your own provided image, yet you refuse to step back and evaluate your hopeless and reckless approach.

It pays to use your brain and think in combat, instead of keep on banging your head to a wall hoping for a favorable result.

I know full well what is shadowstep

I’m sorry but you obviously don’t. The proof is written all over this thread.

…the thing is, ,its requiring me to switch to my shortbow that does funny damage compared to my daggers or needing me to use my 1 time ability is not helping againts a 7 sec cooldown 1-shoting ability. Learn 2 Math.

So using the utility skills that can save your behind is a bothersome affair?

That’s usually the excuse of window washers falling to their death about wearing their harness.

Alright. Is it a secret though? Are you gonna tell me this big secret or you are just gonna claim that I am bad and you are good and pretty much that’s it?

Here it is: /drumroll

LEARN-2-PLAY

Good advice. As expected from you.

Sometimes it has to be repeated multiple times so that the child can remember what it is you’re trying to remind them of. L2P.

So I should have used HS and not shadowstep to get out of the range is that it? Make up your mind man.

L2P Thief 101
1) If moving can get you out of range from your target (i.e. 100-Blades). Do it
2) If HS can get you out of range from your target (i.e. AoE, channel). Do it
3) If all else fail, use shadowstep.

Your questions just making it more evident that you indeed have a L2P issue.

But let’s say its HS. HS has 450 range and costs 3 initiative. Animation it self takes 3/4 of a second. You need to cast at least 4 times of these to be able to get out of the range of a Kill shot. 4 × 3 = 12 initiative which is the max without traiting for it. 4 × 3/4 = 3 secs which is 1.75 sec more than the casting time of Kill-shot. Please go back to your school and finish your education.

Why would anyone who knows how to do Math will use HS 3x-4x?

Every one who KNOWS how to play Thief that it only takes 2xHS to get outside of 1500 range.

You don’t know this because you never learn how to play Thief.

Here’s a hint – Swiftness

Oh and one more thing, I disabled “auto-targeting” in the first 30 minutes of this game. But keep believing!

Nah, you didn’t, else it would be fairly obvious on how to get out of range. Nice try.

You might wanna create a thief and hop on sPvP to check what kind of abilities we have. You seem like a person who never even tried to play as a thief.

So you’re scratching your head why shadowstep is 1500 range and not 1200, huh?

lol. It’s ok. Most player who don’t know how to play Thief don’t know this either.

Shortbow shadowstep = 900 range
Shadowstep utility = 1200 range
Kill-shot = 1500 range

Figures. You see, there’s a big difference on looking at the tool tip than actually playing the Thief. You’ll know this when you L2P one.

L2UYB. If you don’t know what it is, It’s Learn to use your brain. Genius, right?

So I’m really confuse why someone who claim to use Math and use their brain can’t learn how to play a Thief? Mystery of a lifetime.

Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-

People can however see fire blast from fire sig and heal numbers (on them) if they have any heal on dmg trait/lifesteal food and their HP isn’t full.

Not defending Tempest, just throwing the info here.

This is very true!

However, both of those circumstances require a successful hit from a swing at an invisible target.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Turk.5460

Eventually we can just agree with all of this guy’s posts, and he’ll probably continue to quote and “counter” our posts, blissfully unaware of his own foolishness.

-Sorrow’s Furnace-

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

I just wish someone would get the thread renamed to something like: ‘This happened a while ago and I won’t let it go’

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Tempest.4507

“The Warrior has been critting you, from your own provided image, yet you refuse to step back and evaluate your hopeless and reckless approach.” – Are you mentally challanged or what? I have told you this before, there is no “critting”. There is no time to think or anything. It’s “one-shot”. Death in a second, a bullet coming out of my field of view, from full health to downed. Is it really that hard for you to understand?

“So using the utility skills that can save your behind is a bothersome affair?” – Of course it is not. And I use it all the time. Except “Kill-shot” can be used 5 times more than my utility.

L2P Thief 101
1) If moving can get you out of range from your target (i.e. 100-Blades). Do it
2) If HS can get you out of range from your target (i.e. AoE, channel). Do it
3) If all else fail, use shadowstep.” – HS to get out of 100-Blades is pretty stupid, as expected from you. But please use your HS to for evades. I would love to see a thief do that and fail.

“Every one who KNOWS how to play Thief that it only takes 2xHS to get outside of 1500 range.” – No It won’t. But please make a video and show me. I really wanna see it.

Here’s a hint – Swiftness” – I know full well that swiftness or any other speed increasing buffs also increases the range of leaping skills. Problem is you can’t count on having swiftness all the time. If you try to apply swiftness though, before using HS, by the time you get it, you will already be lying in the ground.

“Nah, you didn’t, else it would be fairly obvious on how to get out of range. Nice try.” – Do you also still believe in Santa? No need to answer. It is pretty obvious.

“Figures. You see, there’s a big difference on looking at the tool tip than actually playing the Thief. You’ll know this when you L2P one.” – Again, just claiming things againts my proofs. You are sinking.

I have concluded that you are just a troll living in a cave with Wi-Fi who just logs in to thief forums everyday to troll. Well…it was fun arguing with you, as fun as arguing with a 6 year old. I am very happy to announce that any further posts you write will be totally ignored. Feel free to spam more L2P, just like spamming HS. Maybe you will be able to evade something with it or get out of the range of kill-shot one day. Boy I would really liked to see that.

(edited by Tempest.4507)

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Tempest.4507

Eventually we can just agree with all of this guy’s posts, and he’ll probably continue to quote and “counter” our posts, blissfully unaware of his own foolishness.

Still not a single viable counter-argument has been made. But I love these kitten kind of posts. You know, the ones that only has trashing in it. Keep em coming.

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Tempest.4507

I just wish someone would get the thread renamed to something like: ‘This happened a while ago and I won’t let it go’

I am not the one that won’t let it go though. I just log in once a day in hope that somoene with brains might have written a post. Sadly though, all i can find is you guys bashing. Well, if you are really bored of it, I have a great announcement for you! You can actually “let it go”. Amazing, right?

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Turk.5460

But we come here for comic relief! We can’t just let a free stand-up show pass us by!
??Keep dishing out that comedy gold, you marvelous person. ??

-Sorrow’s Furnace-

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

mug got nerfed a long time ago because people are crybabies.

if you nerf charge so it can’t be used to run away with you’d have to nerf all the other mobility skills in the game too.

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

the modern gamer: encounter an issue. don´t even invest 5 minutes to investigate the issue. Go to forum, rage, name and shame. Don´t even consider you might be wrong on the issue at hand, so do not ask with even a shred of decency. Blame and scream bloody murder instead.

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

Are you mentally challanged or what? I have told you this before, there is no “critting”. There is no time to think or anything. It’s “one-shot”. Death in a second, a bullet coming out of my field of view, from full health to downed. Is it really that hard for you to understand?

No time to think?….that’s your problem. It’s called situational awareness — every Thief knows this.

Of course it is not. And I use it all the time. Except “Kill-shot” can be used 5 times more than my utility.

Not if you’re out of range.

HS to get out of 100-Blades is pretty stupid, as expected from you. But please use your HS to for evades. I would love to see a thief do that and fail.

“evades”? Really? That’s what you understood from what I posted?

Never I mention anything about “evades”. That is simply a fabrication of your own mind so that you can continue to QQ instead of L2P.

The time you spent in this thread would have improved your Thief IQ and perhaps would have made you a better Thief if you spent that time to improve your game play.

But no, you rather try to rationalize your inexperience by making silly arguments that compares the zerker damage of Thief to that of a Warrior. You build your Thief as glass cannon and you complain when someone shattered you into piece. Advocating that Thief should have more damage as a form of compensation won’t save any Thief from their lacking situational awareness and knowledge of how to play a Thief.

No It won’t. But please make a video and show me. I really wanna see it.

This knowledge is so basic that even players who write Thief guides don’t even bother making video about HS travel distance with swiftness.

I know full well that swiftness or any other speed increasing buffs also increases the range of leaping skills. Problem is you can’t count on having swiftness all the time. If you try to apply swiftness though, before using HS, by the time you get it, you will already be lying in the ground.

That’s a build issue — another L2P case. Swiftness is an invaluable asset that all Thief should have as a staple to their build. 1-point to Acro will give you Swiftness on Dodge. 2-point into Trick will give you Swiftness on steal. There’s no excuses.

Do you also still believe in Santa? No need to answer. It is pretty obvious.

What’s obvious is that you don’t know how to play a Thief. Whether I believe in Santa or not has no relevance to the fact that you have a L2P issue.

Again, just claiming things againts my proofs. You are sinking.

What proof? That it takes 4HS to get out of 1500 range? It’s 2-3 HS relative to the terrain — and you don’t have swiftness that it would take you 4HS to cover that distance then that is more proof that your have a L2P issue.

I have concluded that you are just a troll living in a cave with Wi-Fi who just logs in to thief forums everyday to troll. Well…it was fun arguing with you, as fun as arguing with a 6 year old. I am very happy to announce that any further posts you write will be totally ignored. Feel free to spam more L2P, just like spamming HS. Maybe you will be able to evade something with it or get out of the range of kill-shot one day. Boy I would really liked to see that.

The typical opt-out when their silly argument goes out in flames.

To recap;

1. it is from your own fabrication that you believe I posted that HS gives evade. That’s all you. If you L2P, you’ll know this.
  2. to claim that Thief has no access to swiftness when needed is another fabrication of someone who needs to L2P Thief.
  3. only someone who has a L2P issue will not know how to use distance as a form of defense (i.e. stepping back from 100-blades, HS out of AoE, shadowstepping out of channel)
  4. only someone with L2P issue complains about being 1-shotted while running with a glass cannon build
  5. receiving 14k crit damage from a telegraphed kill shot not only shows how bad the Thief build is, but also that the Thief is lacking situational awareness — a L2P issue

There are more, but that should suffice.

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Tempest.4507

But we come here for comic relief! We can’t just let a free stand-up show pass us by!
??Keep dishing out that comedy gold, you marvelous person. ??

Exactly the same reason I come here at least once a day because it’s been long proven that none of you have the intelligence to actually prove your claims. Just look at that trolls post. Don’t know how he do it, but he manages to write a wall of non-sense every single time. Kudos.

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Turk.5460

It makes perfect sense to me, and pretty much everyone else who’s laughing at’cha. I haven’t made any claims of my own, but rather have been pointing out that your fellow thieves do not agree with you – and for some reason you think every single one of them is wrong and you are right.

You came here to vent, hoping others would back you up and vent with you. When they did not… you made a fool of yourself and are continuing to make a fool of yourself, even after other thieves have been giving you logical and heartfelt constructive feedback.

What are the odds that all of them are wrong and you are right? But please, continue telling us how its impossible to play our profession in ways that we are playing every day.

-Sorrow’s Furnace-