Arguments in favor of healing signet?

in Warrior

Posted by: tattoohead.3217

tattoohead.3217

Because TU has a cast time, down time, requires timing, is easier to time poison with, and is worse than healing spring…

Sword+dagger..Anyone from rangers? 3 evades in one set and all of them on low cd..Easy access to Vigor inst a problem either.

Stop looking on small image like x hp/s and take the whole picture. If hp/s were all that matter warrior would be a best bunker by now, but for some reason he inst, or im simply wrong? Unlike other classes we taking everything on chest, and all we have for defense is:

Gs – whirlwind evade (gs is a crappy weapon for pvp anyway) 10cd
Shield stance – 3sec block. 30cd
Sword offhand riposte – block distance atatcks for 2sec, 1 attack for melee. 15cd
Mace mh counterblow – block single attack, 10cd
Endure pain – take 0 dmg from attacks for 4sec, 60cd.
Berserker stance – conditions cannot be applies for 8sec, 60cd.

Thats all we got from evades/blocks. Other type of defense we use is stuns. Thats what makes healing signet looking op and what the majority of ppl qq about. The Stuns. . U cant deal damage when ure stunned. Ask urself if u had troubles dealing with warrior that doesnt use stuns.

Also healing spiring healing allies and provides 15sec water field..do u really trying compare it to signet? No words man.

I’m not comparing it to healing spring at all. He brought up troll unguent. I brought up healing spring.

Yes, i do have trouble with warriors that don’t use stuns because all they do is run away and heal for 400hp/s the moment they see trouble.

If they run away that actually means u won. Congratz u beated non stun warrior..So i fail to see any issue with healing signet. Its not like they can run away, reset and come back without using signet. I did that many times with surge. So time to nerf surge i guess.

More like time to nerf mobility but that is a different story.

Anyways u just proved that healing signet is far from being OP and the thread was about it. Maybe its time to make a thread about mobility then? Moving on.

I think you are missing the point. Warriors have all this healing and they also have max base toughness + vitality. Read the first post. I simply used elementalist as a comparison because they have the least max toughness/health.

Ehh… they may have max Vit & Toughness but they have never been a bunker class. Its much more difficult to kill a Guardian or an Engineer. Necros are tough as nails is built right and so are Eles (even in the current meta) the only think that’s easier to bust down is a ranger… and well that’s a whole different story.

You make it sound like your stats actually matter. Its all about the proper use of mechanics in this game… i have no issue taking down a war. I also lose to wars all the time so id say that’s balance.

in Warrior

Posted by: honovi.7893

honovi.7893

Because TU has a cast time, down time, requires timing, is easier to time poison with, and is worse than healing spring…

Sword+dagger..Anyone from rangers? 3 evades in one set and all of them on low cd..Easy access to Vigor inst a problem either.

Stop looking on small image like x hp/s and take the whole picture. If hp/s were all that matter warrior would be a best bunker by now, but for some reason he inst, or im simply wrong? Unlike other classes we taking everything on chest, and all we have for defense is:

Sword offhand riposte – block distance atatcks for 2sec, 1 attack for melee. 15cd

Thats all we got from evades/blocks. Other type of defense we use is stuns. Thats what makes healing signet looking op and what the majority of ppl qq about. The Stuns. . U cant deal damage when ure stunned. Ask urself if u had troubles dealing with warrior that doesnt use stuns.

Also healing spiring healing allies and provides 15sec water field..do u really trying compare it to signet? No words man.

I’m not comparing it to healing spring at all. He brought up troll unguent. I brought up healing spring.

Yes, i do have trouble with warriors that don’t use stuns because all they do is run away and heal for 400hp/s the moment they see trouble.

If they run away that actually means u won. Congratz u beated non stun warrior..So i fail to see any issue with healing signet. Its not like they can run away, reset and come back without using signet. I did that many times with surge. So time to nerf surge i guess.

Anyways u just proved that healing signet is far from being OP and the thread was about it. Maybe its time to make a thread about mobility then? Moving on.

I think you are missing the point. Warriors have all this healing and they also have max base toughness + vitality. Read the first post. I simply used elementalist as a comparison because they have the least max toughness/health.

Ehh… they may have max Vit & Toughness but they have never been a bunker class. Its much more difficult to kill a Guardian or an Engineer. Necros are tough as nails is built right and so are Eles (even in the current meta) the only think that’s easier to bust down is a ranger… and well that’s a whole different story.

You make it sound like your stats actually matter. Its all about the proper use of mechanics in this game… i have no issue taking down a war. I also lose to wars all the time so id say that’s balance.

Depends entirely on the build. Warriors who are not speccd to have healing still have a lot of healing. That’s where i believe the issue with healing signet is. Warriors who are speccd into healing have really lackluster healing and team support if you are not defending a point.

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Depends entirely on the build. Warriors who are not speccd to have healing still have a lot of healing. That’s where i believe the issue with healing signet is. Warriors who are speccd into healing have really lackluster healing and team support if you are not defending a point.

My Ranger who isn’t specced for healing, has a ton of healing.
My Thief who isn’t specced for healing, has a ton of healing.
My Guardian who isn’t specced for healing, has a ton of healing.

Point?

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Warrior

Posted by: Ajax.4970

Ajax.4970

Healing Signet is strong against attrition builds/classes and poor against burst builds/classes.

Why is this discussion still going on? Is the hard counter to every strong build really just moan on the forum till its nerfed?

in Warrior

tattoohead.3217

So the ele heal is base 168 without traits or gear its multiplied by .08 healing power
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Signet_of_Restoration

The warrior skill heals for 392/sec with a .05 healing multiplier
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Healing_Signet

Lets say your an Ele just using your Dagger fire attuned auto attack with a cast time of .5 you will have 336 HPS just from that. (168 × 2) You can easily burst 3-4 ability’s in 1 second giving you 672 HPS or more.

So what can we take from this, WAR has 400 HPS all the time and ELE has 672 HPS or more in combat. I would give the advantage to Elementalist here.

Also consider that gear wise Eles are more apt to take + Healing Power so that # just gets stronger

And before you go saying that its not fare because ele’s are easier to shut down remember we are looking at the skills in a box. If you bring skill into the mix it opens up a whole world of possibilities. And to that i say L2P and stop the QQ

(edited by tattoohead.3217)

in Warrior

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

Healing Signet is strong against attrition builds/classes and poor against burst builds/classes.

Why is this discussion still going on? Is the hard counter to every strong build really just moan on the forum till its nerfed?

You are right, Healing Signet isn’t that good by itself against burst builds. But, on the other hand, being able to reach 3.2k+ armor is. Uh, you can also have 24k HP and 2.2k power while doing so, dealing massive damage per hit.

The fact that it doesn’t scale with healing power at all and that its regeneration is insane even at 0 healing power is broken.

So the ele heal is base 168 without traits or gear its multiplied by .08 healing power
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Signet_of_Restoration

The warrior skill heals for 392/sec with a .05 healing multiplier
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Healing_Signet

Lets say your an Ele just using your Dagger fire attuned auto attack with a cast time of .5 you will have 336 HPS just from that. (168 × 2) You can easily burst 3-4 ability’s in 1 second giving you 672 HPS or more.

So what can we take from this, WAR has 400 HPS all the time and ELE has 672 HPS or more in combat. I would give the advantage to Elementalist here.

Also consider that gear wise Eles are more apt to take + Healing Power so that # just gets stronger

And before you go saying that its not fare because ele’s are easier to shut down remember we are looking at the skills in a box. If you bring skill into the mix it opens up a whole world of possibilities. And to that i say L2P and stop the QQ

That’s an horribly unfair comparison.
An elementalist is capable to cast 4 skills in a second once for a long period of time only to get about 50% more healing. A warrior can just sit and wait to get more healing of 2 elementalist’s casts.

in Warrior

Ajax.4970

You are right, Healing Signet isn’t that good by itself against burst builds. But, on the other hand, being able to reach 3.2k+ armor is. Uh, you can also have 24k HP and 2.2k power while doing so, dealing massive damage per hit.

To achieve those stats you would have little crit chance or crit damage, hardly going to deal massive damage, sustained damage yes, massive damage no.

The other thing which you need to bear in mind is that 3.2k armour is nowhere near the defence that you can get from much lighter armoured classes can with mobility, evades, teleports and stealth. Melee Warriors have to get up in peoples face and then get kited around constantly. With the lower armour and none of the mobility and evades other classes have we would be no threat whatsoever, i.e. we have to be where the damage is and mostly just take it to be able to dish it out. The best defence is to not get hit at all however, as a class don’t have the tools for that.

in Warrior

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

As i said somewhere else: the various buffs to war, that brouhgt him back in pvp, aren’t a issue and are quite balanced, picked one by one.
Is the stacking that got some overbuffing effect.

HSignet itself is not OP. But you’re slapping it on a class with high base HP and armour and a top tier mobility.
6 months ago this would’ve been ok anyway. Why? Cause “stustain” and “condition management” were issues.
Now, if the consider again, slapping HS on high HP Armor and mobility class….which got buffed Dogged march, added Cleansing Ire, buffed berserker stance as specific anticondition, will get improvements to healing shouts and shouts/Warhorn trait placement, and on top of that got some new deathly tools like 4 sec Mace stun…

Well, that needs some shaving somewhere.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in Warrior

tattoohead.3217

@sorrow my necromancer has 3.5k armor 33khp and 3.2k attack but i certainly don’t think its OP. My Engineer has anywhere between 2.9-3.2k armor and like 22k hp… Im not trying to be rude or anything but that’s not a good point and Healing sig is effected by Healing Power its a .05 multiplier.

Also saying that the ele comparison is unfair… is unfair and misinformed. An Ele can use 3-4 ability’s a second every second. Heck just using there auto attack (2x a second) its 336 HPS, you tellin me that’s hard to do?

(edited by tattoohead.3217)

in Warrior

tattoohead.3217

Warriors are fine.

Win

in Warrior

AndrewSX.3794

Dont’ need no shave = Need shave.

Double negative = affermative, in english.

/rotfl

Btw, Daecollo, you’re wel known for posting 24/7 Warrior suggestions which makes no sense or are plain OP, so that you think Warriors are fine isn’t really meaningful, you know.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Dont’ need no shave = Need shave.

Double negative = affermative, in english.

/rotfl

Btw, Daecollo, you’re wel known for posting 24/7 Warrior suggestions which makes no sense or are plain OP, so that you think Warriors are fine isn’t really meaningful, you know.

Warriors are fine.

So since i’m passionate about a class, my feedback isn’t meaningful?

So I should just ignore you now then, /endthread

Attachments:

in Warrior

sorrow.2364

To achieve those stats you would have little crit chance or crit damage, hardly going to deal massive damage, sustained damage yes, massive damage no.

The other thing which you need to bear in mind is that 3.2k armour is nowhere near the defence that you can get from much lighter armoured classes can with mobility, evades, teleports and stealth. Melee Warriors have to get up in peoples face and then get kited around constantly. With the lower armour and none of the mobility and evades other classes have we would be no threat whatsoever, i.e. we have to be where the damage is and mostly just take it to be able to dish it out. The best defence is to not get hit at all however, as a class don’t have the tools for that.

Unsuspecting Foes.
That’s 50% crit chance for pretty much all the time.
Added with good base crit damage, you can really deal massive damage with that build.

Warriors have tools to completely mitigate damage, they are just not as prominent as other professions. There are some blocks, some evasions (on GS), vigor on stances, endure pain and berserker stance, stuns (which are also defensive) and so on.

Those are simply different professions. Imagine if warriors were able to evade like thieves, that would be insanely broken.

@sorrow my necromancer has 3.5k armor 33khp and 3.2k attack but i certainly don’t think its OP. My Engineer has anywhere between 2.9-3.2k armor and like 22k hp… Im not trying to be rude or anything but that’s not a good point and Healing sig is effected by Healing Power its a .05 multiplier.

Also saying that the ele comparison is unfair… is unfair and misinformed. An Ele can use 3-4 ability’s a second every second. Heck just using there auto attack (2x a second) its 336 HPS, you tellin me that’s hard to do?

It’s impossible to get 3.5k armor, 33k HP and 3.2k attack on Necromancer with the same build (I’m not even sure you can get to3.5k armor at all). It’s not by spreading lies that you will prove something.

Please, tell me how I can as an elementalist use 3-4 abilities per second every second. Keep in mind that skills have an aftercast delay too.

Warriors are fine.

So I should just ignore you now then, /endthread

Yeah, it isn’t meaningful if you are that passionate about a class.

You won’t say to a mother that her son is an a – hole because she will always say that he isn’t, even when he obviously is.

I was there to say that Thief was OP when he was, I was even the one saying that FS was overbuffed way before it became the new meta, even if I play Thief and I really enjoy the profession.
I was there to say that Necromancer became OP after the July patch even if I’ve been playing Necromancer since start.

Being passionate about a profession doesn’t mean that you need to completely forgot reasoning and defend your profession a priori.

(edited by sorrow.2364)

in Warrior

AndrewSX.3794

That wasn’t what i was trying to say.

Fact: it’s been months that Warrior subforum is cluttered by your OP and completely out of touch suggestions regards balance.

When somebody like that talks about Warrior, isn’t really surprising that his reply to a “Nerf to War” thread is “War is fine” and actually suggest that Warriors aren’t on equal footing with other classes.

It’s just an observation.

Also, fix the grammar if you want to keep posting that image..

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

That wasn’t what i was trying to say.

Fact: it’s been months that Warrior subforum is cluttered by your OP and completely out of touch suggestions regards balance.

When somebody like that talks about Warrior, isn’t really surprising that his reply to a “Nerf to War” thread is “War is fine” and actually suggest that Warriors aren’t on equal footing with other classes.

It’s just an observation.

Also, fix the grammar if you want to keep posting that image..

Did you not see the Tournament?

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

So, here it is. Your chance to defend healing signet. I find this skill to be the most ridiculous skill in the game, yet warriors claim its necessary and not unbalanced.

First off, there’s no need to “defend” the skill, but I’ll humor you for a moment.

Lets look at the base stats for warrior’s healing signet, keeping in mind that the warrior has the highest base toughness and health pool in the game.

Healing signet (pve): Base 392 health per second with a .05 healing power modifier.
Healing signet (pvp): same thing.

Now lets look at the elementalist, the class with the lowest base toughness and hp pool in the game:

Signet of Restoration: 202 base health per cast with a healing modifier of .1.
Signet of Restoration (PVP): 168 base health per cast with a healing modifier of .08.

Now lets take those numbers and actually put them into play, with 0 healing power.
Heal Sig procs every 1 second, so it’s HP/S is easy; 392/s
Most auto skills on Dagger/Dagger are 1/2s cast time, so 202 × 2 = 404/s

Whoa, the Ele restoration signet actually wins. Now yes, of course, this assumes 100% uptime, and can be slowed down by longer cast time skills, dodging, and other various delays, while the warriors is a steady per/second. But any decent ele should easily maintain 80% uptime. And dont forget, mist regen in water form, and a Dagger #5 heal. That easily closes the gap.

Lets see what happens to our signets with +300 healing power.
War Healing Sig = 407
Ele Resto Sig: 232 × 2 =464

Not only does ele win, but now it’s pulled way ahead. Lets see how 1500 healing plays out…

War Healing Sig = 467
Ele Resto Sig: 353 × 2 = 706

Huh. That’s… quite the disparity.

I just don’t see how you can justify this healing signet. It’s almost twice as good as the elementalist’s signet…

…when you totally ignore numbers and make baseless accusations!

Seriously man, go do some basic math and stop crying on the forums.

in Warrior

tattoohead.3217

It’s impossible to get 3.5k armor, 33k HP and 3.2k attack on Necromancer with the same build (I’m not even sure you can get to3.5k armor at all). It’s not by spreading lies that you will prove something.
Please, tell me how I can as an elementalist use 3-4 abilities per second every second. Keep in mind that skills have an aftercast delay too.
-Sorrow

Im at work or I would post a pic of my Necro Thats full Solders + Sentinel Weapons and Ascended accessories. the only part i don’t have an exact stat for is my attack (you will notice I said attack not power) and i do know its over 3k. Take a look on the Necro forums its not uncommon for a bunker to sport insane stats like that. It doesn’t help us not get murdered when focused and stunlocked

As far as the Ele argument look it up in the wiki, most auto attacks have a .5 sec cool down and you have plenty of instant cast ability’s to follow that up with. The fact is someone compared Elementalist (the best overall sustain class) to Warrior (one of the worst sustain classes)

in Warrior

Posted by: dukerustfield.7120

dukerustfield.7120

I restarted my 80 warrior because of how good they seemed to be in WvW. I am indeed hard to kill with my healing signet and tons of Tougness and Vitality/heal. That said, I believe I have lost solo to every decent elementalist I’ve fought. I’m not a terrible player and every piece of my gear is orange 80. I don’t know PvP vs. WvW, but in WvW a solo warrior isn’t going to outheal and outburst you easily. Warrior burst dmg or any kind of significant dmg requires the enemy to be in roughly one spot. Every immobilize/cripple we have is dodgable (not even using dodge) and usually short range. If I have to take out a long bow or gun, I’m not longer a warrior, I’m a really terrible dps ranger.

Where warriors have been rolling people is in small groups. Not solo, which is the implied nature of this thread.

As for Endure Pain and “immunity to conditions for 8 seconds” that is 4/5 seconds out of 60 and 8 out of 60. That’s kinda lousy for a profession that doesn’t kill fast. If stances had cooldown reduction I’d be much more interested. But half of them don’t even use the 25% duration extension. My mesmer can be blocking 3 seconds out of every 9 1/2 and if you hit him you get tormented and while he’s blocking he’s doing dmg (and healing) from pets. And he can be stealthed about 1/3 of the time. My warrior is certainly more survivable in something’s face beating on it, but my Mesmer is nearly impossible to kill in open WvW. I had 2 warriors fight me for about 5 minutes, I couldn’t get away because I was in a giant field, but they couldn’t bring me down—well, until 5 mins later. If it was 1 warrior I would have easily gotten away or killed him. Again, this is not me saying I’m awesome, I think the warriors were better players than I.

But that whole hammer stuff is a one trick pony and didn’t do much to me. It was that fight that I realized Warriors aren’t OP. They need the sustain because they aren’t opening up with stealth backstabbing someone.

I use auto balanced stance and shake it off and wish I had more condition removal. Mending is awesome. And Healing Surge can burst heal you for >11K.

in Warrior

Posted by: sinzer.4018

sinzer.4018

So, here it is. Your chance to defend healing signet. I find this skill to be the most ridiculous skill in the game, yet warriors claim its necessary and not unbalanced.

Lets look at the base stats for warrior’s healing signet, keeping in mind that the warrior has the highest base toughness and health pool in the game.

Healing signet (pve): Base 392 health per second with a .05 healing power modifier.

Now lets look at the elementalist, the class with the lowest base toughness and hp pool in the game:

I stopped here. This is a flawed analysis. You cannot compare warrior’s healing signet to an elementalist’s heal. Elementalists, unlike warriors, always have access to other healing abilities purely by switching to water attunement, regardless of equipment and traits. Anet atleast tries to balance elementalist’s 6 heal with those from their weapon skills.

I have said this before. The elementalist’s skill need either 30 in arcane or 15 in water to get that “ridiculous healing” and our dagger healing skill has a cast time. All the warrior needs to do his put his healing signet on.

I never mentioned anything to do with “ridiculous healing”, dont put words in my mouth. What i am saying is that you cannot directly compare the healing of warrior, a class with only their basic heal unless traited to an elementalist, a class that has their basic and atleast 2 healing abilities from water attunement dependant of weapons. Of course the warrior’s 6 heal will generally be better than an elementalists, elementalists are designed to always have access to some secondary healing.

in Warrior

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

I use healing signet sometimes on some builds. Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose. I would like to see it nerfed so that most the time I lose, and occasionally I win..just like the old days.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

in Warrior

honovi.7893

For all you math whizzes out there: elementalists auto attack still has an aftercast like the rest of the auto attacks in this game. Your math is off a wee bit.

in Warrior

tattoohead.3217

It’s not a .5 cast time it’s a .5 cool down. The cast animation takes a total of .3 seconds so you still get 2 in 1 second.

in Warrior

honovi.7893

It’s not a .5 cast time it’s a .5 cool down. The cast animation takes a total of .3 seconds so you still get 2 in 1 second.

Does that mean I get 20 attacks every 10 seconds?!? On a serious note… this is straight from the wiki for dragon’s claw. “Attack speed is 1 attack per 1.0 seconds”. It is also an awful skill. Nice ad hominems by the way guys. It means a lot to me ;_;. Someone needs to recheck their ~basic math~ statement though… ( swallow your pride use the edit button while you can!!! I just did after I read your idiotic statement and nearly died laughing lol!!!)

(edited by honovi.7893)

in Warrior

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Good to see someone else has a memory longer than 30 days. Warrior’s for the longest time have had a poor, to below average reputation in any form of PvP. i like the changes they (a-net) have made. However, I don’t main a warrior. If I can remember my spvp split, I think Guardian, then mesmer by a smidge and then warrior a few percent behind them, ranger, necro. In other words, I regularly face warrior like everyone else and I don’t really see what the entire QQ is all about. I would rather handle a tuff nut warrior than a pure bunker engineer..or the infamous fear spam necro everyone was seeing 5-6 weeks ago.

in Warrior

Ajax.4970

Unsuspecting Foes.
That’s 50% crit chance for pretty much all the time.
Added with good base crit damage, you can really deal massive damage with that build.

Warriors have tools to completely mitigate damage, they are just not as prominent as other professions. There are some blocks, some evasions (on GS), vigor on stances, endure pain and berserker stance, stuns (which are also defensive) and so on.

Those are simply different professions. Imagine if warriors were able to evade like thieves, that would be insanely broken.

The fix to Sigil of Paralyzation will drastically bring down the window where UF is applied, however to get the stats you spoke of earlier my point was that you won’t have good base crit or the crit damage to deal the massive damage. Screen shot me a character window with these golden stats that let you deal this uber damage.

Warriors have some tools on long cooldowns for windows of defense, they are not quite up to par with the tools other classes have to kite around avoiding damage and I don’t think they should be. You’ve made my point for me, Warriors would be OP with the armour level they have AND those tools, but the point was that is why they need that level of armour and mitigation.

in Warrior

tattoohead.3217

Does that mean I get 20 attacks every 10 seconds?!? On a serious note… this is straight from the wiki for dragon’s claw. “Attack speed is 1 attack per 1.0 seconds”. It is also an awful skill. Nice ad hominems by the way guys. It means a lot to me ;_;. Someone needs to recheck their ~basic math~ statement though… ( swallow your pride use the edit button while you can!!! I just did after I read your idiotic statement and nearly died laughing lol!!!)

Man, did I bit a nerve or something… Just a little hateful there.

Just did a test run to be sure it’s not quite 2 attacks per sec it’s more like 2 attacks per 1.2 sec (my bad) still my original point stands if you want to see for yourself it’s easy enough to test.

All In all this has little to nothing to do with the op so I’m done at this point

in Warrior

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

There is no “defending” of anything.
Skills are balanced in an objective manner on mathematical bases.
Healing Signet heals a little more than Surge and is countered easily with poison; I believe some people hate it because they have a feeling that a lifebar “regenerating” is more annoying than a burst heal, but you’re really going through the same amount of health in the end.
Actually, you rarely get the chance to get the full 12k heal from signet because against anyone decent the fight will not last 30 sec – while Surge is 10k guaranteed on demand.
Healing Signet is a noob counter, but Surge is better against decent players.

That being said – I still believe the hate is toward the build allowing to use tank stats on a high damage build (due to Unsuspecting Foe), and it might be irritating to see a Warrior with that kind of lasting power but also killing power.

Fixing unsuspecting foe will render that exploit useless and everyone will calm down.
No need to destroy 50 balanced skills because 1 trait is exploitable.

(edited by Red Falcon.8257)

in Warrior

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

Good to see someone else has a memory longer than 30 days. Warrior’s for the longest time have had a poor, to below average reputation in any form of PvP. i like the changes they (a-net) have made. However, I don’t main a warrior. If I can remember my spvp split, I think Guardian, then mesmer by a smidge and then warrior a few percent behind them, ranger, necro. In other words, I regularly face warrior like everyone else and I don’t really see what the entire QQ is all about. I would rather handle a tuff nut warrior than a pure bunker engineer..or the infamous fear spam necro everyone was seeing 5-6 weeks ago.

Pretty much this. On my thief I usually have a much harder time with engis/guards (depending on their/my build at the time). Mathematically healing signet barely eeks out an advantage in healing only and doesn’t offer any other benefit (boons, stealth, condi cure).

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Warrior

sorrow.2364

Im at work or I would post a pic of my Necro Thats full Solders + Sentinel Weapons and Ascended accessories. the only part i don’t have an exact stat for is my attack (you will notice I said attack not power) and i do know its over 3k. Take a look on the Necro forums its not uncommon for a bunker to sport insane stats like that. It doesn’t help us not get murdered when focused and stunlocked

As far as the Ele argument look it up in the wiki, most auto attacks have a .5 sec cool down and you have plenty of instant cast ability’s to follow that up with. The fact is someone compared Elementalist (the best overall sustain class) to Warrior (one of the worst sustain classes)

You have yet to shot me which combination of skills an Elementalist should perform to cast 4 skills in a second and how he can replicate those skills every second.

I’ve already said to you that any skill has an aftercast delay other than a casting time, except obviously for instant skills. That’s why you can’t cast a skill right after it has been casted. You can’t just sum casting times of skills because in reality there is an aftercast delay of about .2-.3 (depending on the skill).
You can test the skills you are claiming to be casted twice in a second and you’ll see that you barely manage to start the second cast at the end of the second.

Waiting to get a screenshot from your Necro.

Just saying, having 3.5k armor and 33k HP on Necro means that you have about 2580 toughness and 2379 vitality in the same build, which is pretty much impossible, even with full ascended gear.

The fix to Sigil of Paralyzation will drastically bring down the window where UF is applied, however to get the stats you spoke of earlier my point was that you won’t have good base crit or the crit damage to deal the massive damage. Screen shot me a character window with these golden stats that let you deal this uber damage.

Warriors have some tools on long cooldowns for windows of defense, they are not quite up to par with the tools other classes have to kite around avoiding damage and I don’t think they should be. You’ve made my point for me, Warriors would be OP with the armour level they have AND those tools, but the point was that is why they need that level of armour and mitigation.

Pic of the warrior I’m talking about attached.
Keep in mind that it is PvP, where Crit damage cap is about 50-60%.
This build has Unsuspecting Foes, which means 62% crit damage on stunned foes.

I can show you also a log if you want to realize which kind of damage this build does. 4-5k damage on Earthshaker or Skull Crack are fairly common.

You didn’t explained why having that insane healing capability comes into the equation. We have said that armor+HP is a fair tradeoff from the lack of escapebility of other professions, but this topic started from Healing Signet, not armor, neither HP.
Most professions to get the healing capability provided by Healing Signet alone have to bring Cleric amulet, which completely destroy their damage output and vitality.

Attachments:

in Warrior

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

I’m not sure why you guys lack the ability to solve this Elementary School problem.

Problem:
Warriors with tank gear and still high damage by relying on stun+unsuspecting foe.
Cause:
It’s totally not the fact that a trait allows a tank build to get high damage, it must be healing signet!
Solution:
Simple! We nerf healing signet which does nothing to prevent this exploit to work, but screws up a lot of other builds. So we don’t solve anything at all, but create more problems!

God I’m glad this game is developed by a team of adults.

in Warrior

sorrow.2364

I’m not sure why you guys lack the ability to solve this Elementary School problem.

Problem:
Warriors with tank gear and still high damage by relying on stun+unsuspecting foe.
Cause:
It’s totally not the fact that a trait allows a tank build to get high damage, it must be healing signet!
Solution:
Simple! We nerf healing signet which does nothing to prevent this exploit to work, but screws up a lot of other builds. So we don’t solve anything at all, but create more problems!

God I’m glad this game is developed by a team of adults.

No, I see the problem in another perspective.

Problem:
Warriors with soldier gear deals decent damage while having also incredibly high sustain which usually only Cleric gear can give. It is fine that they can deal average damage while being tanky, this is what warrior is about.

Cause:
It must be that Healing Signet gives crazy regeneration without you needing to spend a single point into healing power.

Solution:
Nerf healing signet base healing and make it scale more with Healing power, so it prevents those warriors to have also crazy sustain other than high damage and toughness. Also, slightly increase the signet active effect.
We will solve the fact that a 0 healing power warrior has better sustain compared to a 1400 healing power tank.

I like you attempt to call your opinion as a mathematical truth, though. Nice try.

in Warrior

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

I still don’t really think healing signet is the main problem. Maybe it does need a slight shaving, but I think it’s the frequent stunning, condi removal/immunity, damage immunity, stability, and extremely fast adrenaline building that end up being the real culprits. Healing signet doesn’t help very much if a warrior is being bursted down, but the case is that you can’t burst them down when they’re stunning you every 7-10 seconds, popping immunities, or flying away with their greatsword.

in Warrior

honovi.7893

I stopped here. This is a flawed analysis. You cannot compare warrior’s healing signet to an elementalist’s heal. Elementalists, unlike warriors, always have access to other healing abilities purely by switching to water attunement, regardless of equipment and traits. Anet atleast tries to balance elementalist’s 6 heal with those from their weapon skills.

I have said this before. The elementalist’s skill need either 30 in arcane or 15 in water to get that “ridiculous healing” and our dagger healing skill has a cast time. All the warrior needs to do his put his healing signet on.

I never mentioned anything to do with “ridiculous healing”, dont put words in my mouth. What i am saying is that you cannot directly compare the healing of warrior, a class with only their basic heal unless traited to an elementalist, a class that has their basic and atleast 2 healing abilities from water attunement dependant of weapons. Of course the warrior’s 6 heal will generally be better than an elementalists, elementalists are designed to always have access to some secondary healing.

An elementalist does not have at least two heals dependent on weapons. A D/F ele will not have any heals at all unless they spec 15 in water or 30 in arcane.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_elementalist_traits
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_elementalist_skills

in Warrior

honovi.7893

Man, did I bit a nerve or something… Just a little hateful there.

Just did a test run to be sure it’s not quite 2 attacks per sec it’s more like 2 attacks per 1.2 sec (my bad) still my original point stands if you want to see for yourself it’s easy enough to test.

All In all this has little to nothing to do with the op so I’m done at this point

I dont mean anything towards you. Someone else said something along the lines of “stop whining and learn how to do some basic math”. Unsurprisingly, he has not yet posted. I respect you because you keep your arguments ad-hominem free.

Back on another note, if you truly want to test how many attacks per second that skill does you would use signet of restoration (168 healing) without any healing power to determine this. Simply time for 60 seconds and observe how much the health goes up. Divide 60 (the amount of time) by the difference of health over 168 and you have your answer.
Ex.

Number of attacks per second = 60s / [(Final Health – Initial Health) / 168hps]

If you want to try this out in game you can send me a PM and we can meet in the mists to test this out. However, it would be much more beneficial to test out the only auto attack most elementalists use, lighting whip.

in Warrior

Posted by: FirstBlood.7359

FirstBlood.7359

This discussion is so typical for class subforums. You pick out two skills from two different professions – Healing Signet and Signet of Restoration – and compare them in isolation, really?

In WvW the Healing Signet is completely broken. The combination of Lemongrass/Melandru, insane mobility and strong regeneration makes Warriors invincible. It’s almost impossible to kill a warrior. In sPvP Healing Signet is balanced, because Conquest forces players to stay and fight on points.

Tz tz

in Warrior

honovi.7893

This discussion is so typical for class subforums. You pick out two skills from two different professions – Healing Signet and Signet of Restoration – and compare them in isolation, really?

In WvW the Healing Signet is completely broken. The combination of Lemongrass/Melandru, insane mobility and strong regeneration makes Warriors invincible. It’s almost impossible to kill a warrior. In sPvP Healing Signet is balanced, because Conquest forces players to stay and fight on points.

Well here is something i can sort of agree with. I still feel that either the base vit of warriors needs to go down or the healing signet needs to go down though. “well they are still vulnerable to burst!” is not an argument for healing signet when warriors sit at 20k hp.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ryan.8367

Ryan.8367

Point?

You will never see a ranger winning without Shaman’s amulet in a sustain fight.

I’m confused on all the QQ About rangers, we’ve been nerfed to kitten and are countered by most warriors builds now anyway in 1on1s which is where most of the crying is coming from anyway. The only thing we have left is a spirit build that’s good for teams but any competent player in a 1on1 will destroy the 2 most important spirits, stone and sun.

You said a warrior wouldn’t dare run Dwayna, of course you wouldn’t , you don’t need to and that was his point. We HAVE to run dwayna and i dont think you realize how much dps we lose to have the sustain we have. I would take healing signet over troll ungeant by the way as we are good with sustain because then i wouldnt need to slot dwayna and could run DPS runes instead. So you comparing the 2 makes absolutely no sense. By the way, troll ungeant scales horribly with Healing power too , as well as our signet. It’s the regen boon that scales well with HP and is also a major reason why boon steal thieves heavily counter the bunker ranger. Steal the regen boon, we just lost 50% of our sustain if not more.

Tanbin 80 Ranger
Maguuma

(edited by Ryan.8367)

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Point?

You will never see a ranger winning without Shaman’s amulet in a sustain fight.

I’m confused on all the QQ About rangers, we’ve been nerfed to kitten and are countered by most warriors builds now anyway in 1on1s which is where most of the crying is coming from anyway. The only thing we have left is a spirit build that’s good for teams but any competent player in a 1on1 will destroy the 2 most important spirits, stone and sun.

You said a warrior wouldn’t dare run Dwayna, of course you wouldn’t , you don’t need to and that was his point. We HAVE to run dwayna and i dont think you realize how much dps we lose to have the sustain we have. I would take healing signet over troll ungeant by the way as we are good with sustain because then i wouldnt need to slot dwayna and could run DPS runes instead. So you comparing the 2 makes absolutely no sense. By the way, troll ungeant scales horribly with Healing power too , as well as our signet. It’s the regen boon that scales well with HP and is also a major reason why boon steal thieves heavily counter the bunker ranger. Steal the regen boon, we just lost 50% of our sustain if not more.

And BOON STEAL thieves, your counter. Is being reduced by 50% effectiveness in the next patch.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ryan.8367

Ryan.8367

And BOON STEAL thieves, your counter. Is being reduced by 50% effectiveness in the next patch.

Boon steal doesn’t just counter us, it counters any class that relies on boons to survive – eles, guardians, in the warriors case a major portion of their offensive damage so I’ll also say WARRIORS. A thief being able to gut 75% of a warrior/ranger elite in one attack should have it’s effectiveness reduced. Please don’t act like rangers are the only one suffering by one overpowered skill. Not to mention it deals a kittenload of damage along with it.

Rangers are forced to go shaman’s in tpvp, rangers are also FORCED to go 30 into WS to get the condition removal which is a bunker condition tree by Anet (those conditions also aren’t completely removed theyre handed to our pet), Rangers are forced to choose conditions over power because a major portion of our direct dmg is alotted to our pets who have a bad AI and we get nothing but cried about for these restrictions. Anet designs our shortbow the way it is , rangers use it and get called 1 spammers. It’s pretty unfair, but I guess it is what it is.

Tanbin 80 Ranger
Maguuma

in Warrior

Ajax.4970

Pic of the warrior I’m talking about attached.
Keep in mind that it is PvP, where Crit damage cap is about 50-60%.
This build has Unsuspecting Foes, which means 62% crit damage on stunned foes.

I can show you also a log if you want to realize which kind of damage this build does. 4-5k damage on Earthshaker or Skull Crack are fairly common.

You didn’t explained why having that insane healing capability comes into the equation. We have said that armor+HP is a fair tradeoff from the lack of escapebility of other professions, but this topic started from Healing Signet, not armor, neither HP.
Most professions to get the healing capability provided by Healing Signet alone have to bring Cleric amulet, which completely destroy their damage output and vitality.

Confirms the awful crit chance I was talking about, and you might get the odd 4k earthshaker and skullcrack is a higher damage single target skill so this doesn’t surprise me that it hits high when it does crit.

The reason the other skills come into the equation when talking about healing signet is that defence needs to be assessed as a collection of skills. Some classes and builds are about not getting hit and therefore don’t require the same amounts of mitigation or healing , other are built entirely around mitigation and/or healing for the majority of their defence. You can’t just compare the healing skills from one class with the healing skills of another and just say they should provide the same amount of hp/s that just doesn’t work.

in Warrior

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Put poison on the Warrior kite around picking at him dodging important skills GG. This is just WvW I put spider venom on my thief kite around a bit. Eventually the warrior tries to run because he has 1min 30seconds of poison. Poison really screws warriors over with signet.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Warrior

sorrow.2364

Confirms the awful crit chance I was talking about, and you might get the odd 4k earthshaker and skullcrack is a higher damage single target skill so this doesn’t surprise me that it hits high when it does crit.

The reason the other skills come into the equation when talking about healing signet is that defence needs to be assessed as a collection of skills. Some classes and builds are about not getting hit and therefore don’t require the same amounts of mitigation or healing , other are built entirely around mitigation and/or healing for the majority of their defence. You can’t just compare the healing skills from one class with the healing skills of another and just say they should provide the same amount of hp/s that just doesn’t work.

Maybe you missed the part that this build has 62% crit chance on stunned foes.

I repeat that warriors have way to completely cancel damage and I’ve listed also how. Don’t forget also that stunned foes usually don’t attack.

in Warrior

Posted by: VidurrRedhands.1964

VidurrRedhands.1964

Since most of the problems seem to stem from the passive nature of the signet I’d be fine with giving its HPS to mending and calling it even.

in Warrior

Posted by: vrilek.4038

vrilek.4038

Healing signet was banned on few 1v1 private servers.. Reason?

in Warrior

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

They failed at basic math in school

(edited by mini.6018)

in Warrior

Posted by: FirstBlood.7359

FirstBlood.7359

Poison as counter to Healing Signet is another myth of the warrior forums. Next to my favorite, blind counters Skull Crack.

Tz tz

in Warrior

Posted by: vrilek.4038

vrilek.4038

Or maybe they know hs is op in practice not in theory.

in Warrior

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Or maybe they know hs is op in practice not in theory.

lol what is this? Player made ban thats hilarious. 1v1 balance rofl then used as a basis for argument when there is no 1v1 mode lol.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Warrior

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

Poison as counter to Healing Signet is another myth of the warrior forums. Next to my favorite, blind counters Skull Crack.

Blind counters ALL warrior skills.