Best healer in game II

Best healer in game II

in Warrior

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

video #7

video #8

So what are we supposed to be focusing on in these videos?

In 7, while I definitely appreciate that you’ve got great uptime on those banners as your server assaults the gate and that you’ve positioned them to give aid evenly across the area, you spend most of the video standing back and just watching. You’re not contributing to much here. While I realize folks are often standing around when gates are being hit, you’re not up there providing much harassment to folks on the wall, removing conditions for allies, or popping boons on allies.

This forces the focus of the video to solely be on the green 388s or thereabouts popping up on your allies. Great, cool, I definitely like seeing support in large group events. But that doesn’t seem to be doing all that much overall. You still have to walk up around three minutes in and rez all of the people that are downed on the stairs; the healing didn’t keep them up through the arrows and meteors and whatnot. I kind of feel I am left to question what contribution you bring here.

In video 8, I really do love that the group is keeping the banners going, knowing that you cannot carry all of them at the same time yourself. That’s always terrific to see! And again I always love longbow combo fields being tossed down in fights like the ones in this video, so that was a pleasure to see. However, there again is a lot of you standing around solely on banner duty while your allies do all of the fighting and buffing and most of the combo fields and blast finishers. I would honestly be surprised if your absence from the series of engagements actually meant more people died / your side lost anything, based on how it’s presented here. The earlier posts in this thread had me thinking you would be leading the charge in and absorbing punishment, laughing at the invaders as they failed to knock you down.

Banner regen is a neat concept, imo, and I love to see people make healing work in this game (especially since I’ve often been the reliable healer in other MMOs for guilds/friends/whatever). But these two videos show some green numbers over top of a decently-sized wub-wub melee. Does this perform in, say, dungeons? Does this keep a small roaming squad alive in more intimate combat (e.g. a team of three to five vs. equal numbers)? I suspect not, especially if your contributions to those situations would be more standing around and placing banners.

This thread had so much build-up at first, I kind of feel let down.

Best healer in game II

in Warrior

Posted by: Argis.7049

Argis.7049

Nea, I said : I do not show all my trics or tacticts for a REASON.Why would I give people I fight against so much power?
I change my skills 50x a day. based on fight, group and other factors.
Sadly 350-400 ticks DO help. 50+ people a day thank me fo healing and tell me how much it helps.I have NOT healed and then healed for thounsands of battles.I see the diff.
Sorry if our server crushed you(

I frankly dont care what claims any of you “see”.As of YET no one has shown anything better or even close on a vid.

“more then 5 is not possible to heal at once”
Play with your pause key..I have vids with 7-50+ at a time. I think this is like 10-15 often.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuPV0Jhe7w8

Again what I tell you is proof of concept..NOT all that I can do.

Does the US Military tell china/russia ALL our secrets?
I mean most think the TR3B is a “ufo” lol

I tell you just enough, if you dont like it…dont post.
I HAVE told other Yak bend folks.

Ty for the now 300+ Subscriptions and thanks.Also the 400+ views.
Sorry I can not answer all your PM and Emails. WIll address some of them later today maybe.It is my birthday.Going out a while and no work.

• was sent a pm SAYING " I bet all these kids who dont understand the build /power of heal are the same ones that used cheat codes on nintendo and playstation and xbox"

I agree. They want everything handed to them. Doing actual work to test and learn, never gonna happen.

100+ asked me " do these nubs upset you or get you mad"?
No, all the better….that much easier for my server to roll over what they play on.

As usual those that have real questions, feel free to ask away.

14 DPS+ 1 healer VS 50+
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3awZ5dZTIfc
naaa heals dont work

I’m sorry but I’m finally going to post on here.

Firstly, someone DID upload a video of healing that is better than yours already.

Secondly, I’ll bet 50 bucks that in the video where you have 3000+ vitality that you are standing next to Siegerazer or using the Rampage elite. Congratulations. I can get more HP than that on my Necromancer. And I’ll be using an elite skill that isn’t pointless.

Thirdly, healing ticks of 300-400 per second in zerg vs zerg fights in the open field mean very little. In order for that healing to make any meaningful impact, the fight would have to last a very long time AND not move out of range of your banners. Most open field zerg vs zerg fights last less than a minute. In this situation, burst healing is far more effective. ONE AoE from a damage specced person completely negates your healing.

Fourth and final point, this game has no holy trinity. There is no dedicated healer. You are playing the dedicated healer role in a game with no dedicated healer. You are healing people from, as you say, “a screen away” and contributing in no other way to the fight. Add to that the fact that 1 AoE completely negates your healing and you might as well not even be there.

P.S. I would love to get the chance to fight your zerg with my zerg but I’m on Maguuma so I doubt that will happen.

Myrmidon Elite [ME] – Arkham [Ark] – Maguuma
PvP/WvW videos – http://www.youtube.com/user/noscopeentertainment/videos

(edited by Argis.7049)

Best healer in game II

in Warrior

Posted by: Neandramathal.9536

Neandramathal.9536

The claims of being able to survive I believe it was “20-50” people for 25+ seconds, that would come in great at the front of the charge. But all the videos show is standing at the back.

The reason banners aren’t used much comes from two problems:
- so many other classes can provide regen that it’s mostly a waste
- they are too static.

Now sure the 1st one means cos you’re giving regen someone else doesn’t have to, but the 2nd? In BIG fights they tend to be more static sure, in small fights certainly not.

[GoV] Gnomes of Vabbi || [Imp] Impact
Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

Best healer in game II

in Warrior

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

14 DPS+ 1 healer VS 50+
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3awZ5dZTIfc
naaa heals dont work

I see you in a party with FOUR guardians…
riding with the flow of the zerg.
It reminds me of an " ant and elephant" joke

Best healer in game II

in Warrior

Posted by: Vanthian.9267

Vanthian.9267

Would you please stop updating this post. It is outrageous that it has been on the front page this long. Everyone knows it is a bad joke saying the Warrior is better at something than any other class. Stop updating this post, please….. I am tried of seeing it on the front page when there should be actual discussions of the Warrior class going on. Not some absurd notion that they are the “healer” in this game. Yes shouts heals are…. meh at best. Adding banners to that will not make the best healer in the game… it is broken logic to think that 40+((Level^2) x 0.18) + (Healing x 0.8) then adding in banners 130 + (0.125 * Healing Power) per second are effective heals for a zerg of 30+ (actually anything over 5…..)

Healing is not the point of this game. Denial of damage goes so far beyond healing …. That is why the Guardian will always, ALWAYS be better than the Warrior at supporting a group.

Everyone knows it is wrong. It is very easy to see why it is wrong. Just let this thread die, please….

Best healer in game II

in Warrior

Posted by: Seyren.8540

Seyren.8540

Holy Batman, what a good read. The OP’s lesser delusions of grandeur are top notch!

But anyhow, banner heals are alright, they’re not great they’re not bad, you’d be helping large groups a bit which is more than what a lot of people in wv3 do.

Best healer in game II

in Warrior

Posted by: WolfHeart.1256

WolfHeart.1256

Wow, I should get a in-game achievement solely for completing this thread. That being said, while I am impressed by how well the presented healing build works I am still not convinced by it.

I’ve watched your movies and so far I’m pretty sure you aren’t doing the great job you are claiming you do. Simply for the fact that most of the time you seem to not be doing much if anything at all except placing your banners. What kind of help is that?
In some of the videos you actually have people of your own party dieing and they are at the back of the fight. Your own party. You have already placed your banners and are just running about not doing anything, at least ressurecting.

And the fact that you said Necros are 99% useless in WvW, well…I’ll stop right there.

Albeit your banners heals are better than I had thought previous to reading this thread, they are far from the amazing thing you make them out to be. I can’t get over the fact that one of your party members stays at the back of the fight and still dies. With all your banner regen around him, plus his own self heal.

Hope you take it as constructive criticism, it speaks more to the way you play than what your character can do if played right.

[WOLF] Howlerin || Seafarer’s Rest
“They say you are what you eat.
Which is funny ‘cause I don’t remember eating a f.ing legend”

Best healer in game II

in Warrior

Posted by: Moddo.7105

Moddo.7105

30 points in narcissistic tendencies is one of the secret little tricks of this build it seems.

Best healer in game II

in Warrior

Posted by: ArtemisEntreri.4138

ArtemisEntreri.4138

For mass aoe heals and light healing to affect up to 20 people potentially the warrior has it down. The bonuses on the banners are lackluster but still offer bonuses after shouts have fallen off even with a bonus boon duration + shouts. I wouldn’t say banners are better but definitely easier to manage. One mentality people fall in to in this game is that they think there are dedicated healers... To clarify, you are support and should not be standing in the back tossing your petty heals (or banners) and doing nothing. A good support class brings other boons to either increase dmg output or dmg reduction which both will lead to your allies surviving and your enemies dying.

There was a post on page 1 that spoke about doing a side by side comparison to Vigorous Shouts and healing banners. Use those charts for your research so now we just need to find a theorycrafting guardian to provide charts on their possible outputs. I can only speak for guardians because I am no expert in eles or rangers but I am certain that if I go boon duration and shouts + clerics +energy food + energy sigils on both weapons and swap weapons every 10 seconds keeping my dodge on cooldown while rolling into 5 people that can take advantage of selfless daring to the max effect that I will probably surpass the banner healing. Sadly, I have no charts or videos and if I had the time I would be more than happy to supply them because I don’t want to invoke the wrath of CookMETEnder...

I will say though that banners are a great support for mass area effect and with game mechanics switching the healing to other targets based on smart targeting (heals 5 lowest players first) that you could have regen bouncing around quite a bit in a battle where health bars are always fluctuating. That could be why you see so much green bouncing around to your 50+ targets.

Just remember that banners are not burst healing so they are not going to be clutch life savers but really just another form of dmg reduction due to the low but sustained healing over time. Your banners won’t make or break a zerg but they definitely do support.

NOW GET IN THEIR AND PEW PEW WITH YOUR LONGBOW!

p.s. Not everyone that disagrees or demands proof of your discovery is a kid and I would recommend not trying to always go back to that line or boast your post count. Remember, this is a form and a good chance those posters that message you also have no kittening idea how to play as well.

Guardian / Warrior / Thief / Necromancer
Black Gate – Immortals of the Mist [IoM]

(edited by ArtemisEntreri.4138)

Best healer in game II

in Warrior

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

The OP is wrong.

People who agree with the OP are wrong.

I can’t really say more or the OP will report my post again.

Best healer in game II

in Warrior

Posted by: CrossFire.8037

CrossFire.8037

All i see from your videos FastCar, is a clicker, trying to play a healer role which doesn’t exist in the game and offers very little in a large battle. You bring nothing to the table in your videos, other than sitting at the back whilst doing some very average healing. Bring your “healer” warrior build in TPvP and see where it gets you.

(edited by CrossFire.8037)

Best healer in game II

in Warrior

Posted by: FASTCAR.7831

FASTCAR.7831

I love when people think there is no healing. As my sever rolls over server after server…..with me healing.

BBL guys have to goto a clicker anonymous meeting.

Cant answer all my messages : TO the 15 guardians that re rolled warriors your welcome.

Best healer in game II

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Why that thread inst closed yet? Mod where u r?

Best healer in game II

in Warrior

CrossFire.8037

I didn’t say there is no healing. I said trying to play as a dedicated warrior healer like you are in your videos in a large scale battle doesn’t really offer anything at all. The videos you posted of yourself has proven that, you’re not bringing much to the battle at all and it’s hilarious that you actually think it does. I actually love the fact that in your videos, even though you’re a “healer” people around you are still dieing, even people in your party are dieing.

Is there a reason why all your videos of your “healer” are in WvW? Of course there is. The reason being, if you took your “healer” into TPvP, you would get stomped and the members on your team will tell you to leave because you’re gimping the team.

“Look guys, i can play healer warrior in zerg vs zerg, i just hang around at the back, herping and derping whilst i’m clicking and keyboard turning, but look at THOSE heal numbers ticking for 364, i’m really good”

Best healer in game II

in Warrior

Posted by: Sandra Martino.3870

Sandra Martino.3870

9/10 for giving a good read, this might turn into the new 4chan!

Still Feeling Lucky [PunK] – Gunnars Hold
Recruiting necros & guardians. Whisper ingame.

Best healer in game II

in Warrior

xiv.7136

All i see from your videos FastCar, is a clicker, trying to play a healer role which doesn’t exist in the game and offers very little in a large battle. You bring nothing to the table in your videos, other than sitting at the back whilst doing some very average healing. Bring your “healer” warrior build in TPvP and see where it gets you.

Well put and I agree with this, except for one thing:

Replace the word “average” with “weak”.

Best healer in game II

in Warrior

xiv.7136

I love when people think there is no healing. As my sever rolls over server after server…..with me healing.

BBL guys have to goto a clicker anonymous meeting.

Cant answer all my messages : TO the 15 guardians that re rolled warriors your welcome.

Thanks for your abusive PM. I will be sure to take it in consideration.

Best healer in game II

in Warrior

Posted by: AinSoph.5063

AinSoph.5063

This thread hurts my brain.

I wouldn’t even know where to begin…and it seems like most everyone else covered that.

You’re wrong.

I also can’t believe the entire Warrior subforum got trolled this hard.

—Ain Soph— Warrior
—Fort Aspenwood—

Best healer in game II

in Warrior

Posted by: Sugoi Travis.2651

Sugoi Travis.2651

I honestly cannot tell if OP is just inflating his ego to gargantuan levels or being serious.

Best healer in game II

in Warrior

FASTCAR.7831

Does anyone over 14-15 say " u mad bro?"
I bet not one of these nub troll younglings even has an 80 or has ever wvw.
That would be a good reason why not ONE video yet

O BTW, I timed how long my flag regen buff lasts each , about 2:15 or so

Best healer in game II

in Warrior

WolfHeart.1256

And that’s why your server was/is in T1 before and after the scores reset. OH WAIT …

I reiterate that your build is decent, your game is not however.

Best healer in game II

in Warrior

CrossFire.8037

FastCar, it’s hilarious that you call people “nub”, but yet you have uploaded videos of yourself playing like a complete nub in WvW. Clicking your abilities, keyboard turning, spamming banners in a large scale battles, trying to play a dedicated warrior healer, and hanging around at the back not contributing much at all. If that isn’t a “nub” of the highest order, then i don’t know what is.

People in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.

Best healer in game II

in Warrior

Argis.7049

Someone did upload a video. You refusing to acknowledge it doesn’t mean that it doesn’t exist.

Best healer in game II

in Warrior

Posted by: Schwahrheit.4203

Schwahrheit.4203

Some people are over-thinking/over-estimating/underestimating Banners. There are no “secrets” and there are no need for charts. Allow me to clarify a few simple things.

1.) Banner Regen only stacks in duration, you only need one Banner if you were actually good at the Warrior class, which the OP is new to. One Banner will give Regeneration for 120 seconds approximately. No point in stacking Banners when the baseline stats aren’t even that great. So the OP’s “secrets” aren’t worth the wait really.

- When you trait for Banners, you go Clerics. That being said, Banner builds make the most out of P/T/H, in which it heals for 250-300 regeneration a second so long as it doesn’t get over-lapped by someone else’s regeneration.

2.) That being said, if you want to make the most out of a Banner build, reach a point where you only need to use Battle Standard aggressively as your only Banner. Because again, you only need one Banner (And Battle Standard just happens to be the best Banner by itself, using it aggressively should be more rewarding) and are skirmishes really going to last longer than 2 minutes in WvW if you have a “premade team?”. Now you can have better utilities to aid team fighting.

-Since your smart enough to use one Banner, you now have access to balanced stance, endure pain, signet of stamina, shake it off, fear me, bolas. You could choose a combination of any of those to aid in team fights whether be it a damage soak or a disruptive tank.

3.) What exactly is a “Banner Warrior’s Role?” When you spec 30 into tactics, you are a “Support-Tank-Initiator.” You do not play as a DPS with 30 points in tactics, that’s a waste. The OP went Long Bow as a Banner build, and all I have to say is face-palm.

-Ideal weapon set would be Sword + Warhorn (because Warhorn mastery in tactics) and Mace + Shield. Could use Hammer instead of Mace + Shield if you want more initiating power.

4.) Banners aren’t going to work in tPvP because there is simply a better “Tank Warrior” for tPvP. Same role, you’re an initiator but mind-set is different. Might work in EU meta but in NA meta, the regeneration from Banners just doesn’t help vs. how aggressive the NA meta is.

Since people are negative about nerfs, how about we buff to balance then?

Best healer in game II

in Warrior

Schwahrheit.4203

Old Banner build for reference:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/TPvP-Tank-Warrior/first#post1108457

Get rid of Banner of Tactics and switch it with something else to your liking. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t like Banners in tPvP as much as before but I know for sure that it will work in WvW better simply because the range of how many people you affect with the Battle Standard regen is much larger.

Best healer in game II

in Warrior

FASTCAR.7831

As Schwartz is not a troll but ( tried) to use facts:
Sadly he is wrong on SO many levels….like most.
I am not mad at him nor do I dislike him. He frankly, does not get it.
One by 1

1:You only need 1 banner: incorrect…often battles are HUGE or move ( because of running away) most of the time in real play I have all 4 banner out at once.This lets people move and be fluid and maintain my HOTs( regen). Also flags have diff buffs ( 1 even have a castable heal). In my case I am a FULL time healer not a part time. 3 flags is possible for me not 1.There are 20 reasons to use 3-4 flags. I wont go into all reasons here. I have yet to tell you any secrets

2: must use clerics, 250-300 regen :…again Incorrect : I no longer use clerics ( found better) and I regen for 331-440 /tick

Pre 3: use 1 banner: I have better uses of my time in real action then what you have stated..also incorrect

3:Long bow/face palm ; Again incorrect and clueless….I use the bow and my current gear set for a REASON. Massive AOE attacks. MY bow ( now 1200 range) burst fire attack does almost 14k AOE…regular AOE 2500-3500 and the attack thing 3 flaming arrows 5kish for massive condition damage.This by far out weighs any other skills I can use.( remember..or maybe not..I TESTED for hours and hours ALL builds and tacticts in real wvw…I used what works best and makes the most impact on fights and the battle field…have you?)

Trust me I knew a “healer” would not do DPS untill I discovered the fire damage on the bow. Ok some 1 will say “yea that burst attack is impressive damage BUT it recharges sooooo slow you nub” well, what I learned is 1 trait I have ( taking damage generates burst gas tank FAST…really fast..+ normal auto attack)
In fights ( on purpose) I hang back and do nothing…I dont show how I play for a REASON…..so now you know #1
I goto into AOEs and takes damageto charge my burst..I can SPAM that 14k AOE over and over.
Pre bow and curent build I would average in 8 hours like 20 loot bags MAYBE…..now I get 200-300 a day!
You really can dps and heal.
also , I ASSURE you..hit people with a 14k AOE fire a 3000+ aoe physical and third stacking 5000ish fire..they RUN or die.Yea yea yea they MIGHT be able to cure ( if not allready blown and on CD) no matter I re cast it.

Also due to massive regen.tanking and several damage immune skills, I taunt and tease people to attack me.Most people ( kids) get blood lust and fall for the trap..I take more damage..charge my 14k fire more often and pump out more kills ( as I heal myself and others).YES its an odd build, a wierd play style, but man does it work.I would NOT play it otherwise.It is fun, helps group ALOT and I get insane loot.

Again in my vids I DONT show my tactics for a reason. I dont want to give all the tricks to the build away. why would I? 1 hunt Asuran is 10x better at this build then any other race…in fact,not even worth it on non asurans IMO ( wvw mind you NOT spvp)

sword and warhorn are useless for my playstyle and build.
( Q: I got asked 100x in emails : Why in vids do you stand back : A: 1 because I dont want to show all the tacticts for the build 2 I want to get back and show the HUGE range of the heals that close range does not afford….several other reasons)
Vids are showing heal range and amount and proof of concept.FULL build and secrets and tactics for Fellow server mates)
FYI see 10x more flags on battlefield these days since I posted this.

4:also incorrect…learn to kite and soak up free HOTs ( regens)
people I roll with KNOW how to take advantage of my massive regen ticks and use them to max. combat advantage.

Hundreds have Pm or Email me thanking me for build.Must be a reason.
22 ( that I know of) have Xchanged servers to play with us.Must be a reason.
MANY have joined my group from other servers saying " GOD I hate playing VS your server or group..when we see you and Akgurd comming we know its allready over"

Trying to figure out a build you have NEVER played ot tested is silly.
As I was asked my regen lasts 2:15 or so each

(edited by FASTCAR.7831)

Best healer in game II

in Warrior

FASTCAR.7831

key in post #1 Total effect on the battlefield.
none of you tell me anything I have NOT tested and dont know.
I know ALL a guardian can do and how they heal, as well as ele and ranger, I KNOW combo field heals ( how often does that actually happen NON stop all day..never is how often)

This build works easily, safe,does INSANE damage,helps 20+ at the same time.
I KNOW other can do this or that, perhaps 1 burst heal now and again.Burst heals do NOTHING in long fights.Tiny range that others do add nothing in the big picture.

Also what you ALL miss ( #2 of 20 things)

senario: a 20 VS 20 fight.both sides average mix of skilled players and class/builds.
lets say I was a I.E dps 1zillion blades warrior.what total effect does ONE war have in the big picture…not that much.

same senario: 1 less DPS warrior and 1 healer thats HOT usually 400 non stop always buffs and instant heals..also casting INSANE AOE attacks and Confusion bombs ( secret #3) whats a confusion bomb? instant cast 1259 a sec damage AOE on skill use for 7.5 seconds+reflection thats 350ish also 7+ seconds

whats happens to 5 people when they get a 1200+confuse and 14000 fire attack at the same time? I will tell you..DEATH..lots of it.

Same senario : w/o me healing 20 vs 20 all things the same it ends 50% either way as to who won.maybe your group, maybe mine…law of averages

Same senario me in heal build : we win 99% of the fight with most left standing AND it happens fast. With me not doing DPS in the vids when out numbered you see the other groups drop FAST.

Remember folks I have played YOUR build..and tested it.
I do not use this build because ,umm I dont know how to play another class or build, or umm for zero reasons I assume its uber or any other reason.
I use it because it works and “overall” it has the most positive effect on the battle field.

I kid asked me : if your so good and your server and server mates so good..why ONLY T3 usually.

easy, low server pop.Sad for the others, we dominate other lower pop servers that are 2x we have.We own EVERYTHING on the map.

last night ( I counted) at midnight we had 16 on, another server that I could see ( defending SM..im sure this was NOT all of them) had way over 50

I see my heals and more then decent band-aids. They can only do so much.
I like my build, it works, its fun. I will play it till I leave GW2.
I HOPE other dont get or dont use the build..that much easier for us to roll over you.

Best healer in game II

in Warrior

Posted by: Sanny.1270

Sanny.1270

wonder how long hes going to continue to write out these long winded double posts.

Second To God ~ 80 Warrior
http://www.youtube.com/user/T3hSanny

Best healer in game II

in Warrior

Argis.7049

Number 1 troll NA

Best healer in game II

in Warrior

Schwahrheit.4203

Telling me that I don’t know what I’m saying is pretty funny because I definitely know my class more than you do.

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc413/arcfrog619/gw257_zps6911f8a2.jpg
http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc413/arcfrog619/gw251_zps7906f89e.jpg
http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc413/arcfrog619/gw140_zps063fa3eb.jpg

My credentials says hi by the way. Prove your worth against the players I’ve fought and then tell me if I still don’t know what I’m saying. Don’t need to win most of the time, just give them a good fight.

Other than that, I will simply sum up this thread and say:

1.) Don’t need 3 Banners if you’re actually good at your class, in which the OP is fairly new to. You only need an aggressive Battle Standard.
2.) Banners in WvW is viable, but the OP made a poor display of it.
3.) 30 tactics Warrior’s best role is a support + initiator tank, not some Long Bow spammer who isn’t making the most out of tactics and gear. No secrets and don’t need to over think. That’s your best role with 30 tactics.
4.) Quit asking for “tips” from the OP. I’ve said this before, her “secrets” aren’t worth the wait. Banners builds aren’t that hard to understand.
5.) Don’t even bother misleading people into thinking Warriors are “healers.” They are not.

P.S Ask yourself FASTCAR, are people going to listen to someone clearly new or someone who actually knows what he’s talking about such as myself?

Best healer in game II

in Warrior

FASTCAR.7831

Sadly schwartz you are NOT a healer nor have you tested one.
Nothing you say is correct. I dont care how much you explored.
You have showed NOTHING or added NOTHING to this thread but incorrect statements of somthing you know nothing about.Play your useless cookiecutter no skill war build, dont bother me at all.

Answer to your P.S. not sure man, but I have HUNDREDS of subscribers, people jumping servers,100s of PM and Emails daily thanking me..what do you get?
I rate your troll a 2 of 10.Nice try but you’re clueless.My guess, also a terrible player.

Back to topic, MANY have PM or emaled me or said here : Your regens dont last very long.Or somthing like " your regen is ONLY good if right next to flag"
First, flag range is 900 most other heals are “near by”

My flags last 90 sec, just running past my flag for one instant gives you a min. of 45 sec regen…what happens when an entire zerg runs by my flags? ALL have 45+ sec of regen.
With “tricks” I can extend this 45 sec to 1:30
And YES, thanks for asking..MANY listen to me.

Diff with me and many of the trolls, I can PROVE what I say….they just talk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL9072nHqxg

Rovus, claims? I have video proof of all my numbers I quote.
You got trolly at the end..but I will respond anyway

I am a healer build, I said that 100 times.No secrets in the traits really.
Key is in the tacticts and play style.This is where few “get it”
I do NOT use clerics any longer.
I am not sure if it is a bug or not, I no longer use grove rune set. I found MUCH better.

I have no ego here,I simply state facts. NO class can heal more at a long range while doing massive AOE dps and tank quite long.
As stated, I tested every build and class and gear set. Spent alot of cash on gear testing in real wvw also.

In the end, I picked what just worked the best…by my testing AND asking other players “what did you like best” 99% picked the warrior…thats what I picked.

1 guy told me my ele was 10x better healer.SO he made an ele..spent 75g or so on a full gear set.he died non stop and healed very little in large battles…got frustrated and quit.he is now a thief

Best healer in game II

in Warrior

FASTCAR.7831

BTW Schwartz NO wvwr player cares about spvp, thats easy mode for people that cant play in LARGE scale fights.
No 1 is impressed, at all.
try wvw, son

Best healer in game II

in Warrior

Posted by: Vanthian.9267

Vanthian.9267

BTW Schwartz NO wvwr player cares about spvp, thats easy mode for people that cant play in LARGE scale fights.
try wvw, son

FACEPALM

I thought saying the Warrior is the “Best Healer” in Guild Wars 2 was bad enough…. Saying it takes more skill to “Out Zerg” another server than to actually fight as a cohesive and organized group….. ugh.. This thread kills me.

I truly don’t understand why everyone continually gives this thread front page space……

Best healer in game II

in Warrior

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

OK

I know I am probably being trolled here…

but here is my second guess for the FASTCARs build

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/warrior/?8.1|3.1f.h6|9.1f.h6.e.1f.hy|1f.719.1f.719.1f.719.1f.719.1f.719.1f.719|21m.0.21m.0.31m.0.31m.0.21m.0.2w.0|0.a6.u18b.u5ab.0|4d.e|5y.1.63.62.6k|e

its not cleric, and no boon duration on runes, and high condi damage,
(thats why she sticks to mainly spamming F1+3 bow skill. and not using other setup)

apothecary armor on ALL slots, healing power. toughness and condition damage.

30 in defense ,full apothecary armor and accessories and weapon and sigil of life will bring you to the 1600+ healing power.

6*superior runes of undead, converts toughness to more condition damage, plays well with warrior heavy armor, apothecary armor and 30 in defense.

30 in tactics is self explanatory. though I speculate she use the burning arrows trait to get extra 10% damage on bow 3 after she set fire field on F1.

I would use quick breathing and sword/warhorn instead of mace/shield in offhand. as if I already play support, then i should bring more to the table than banner regen , i.e. condition conversion on all allies, free vigor / swiftness to all allies and weakness to enemies via the warhorn etc.

the 10 points in arms is to stack more condition damage, in my first try i though 10 in strength would be better but in order to achieve the high confusion and burning numbers that she claims to have, you need to squeeze every point to condition damage

with this setup, popping pain inverter you can actually obliterate any glass thief before he realize whats going on.

unfortunately, my asuran warrior is too poor to buy all the karka shells for the apothecary armor to test this build in WWW..

Best healer in game II

in Warrior

WolfHeart.1256

I goto into AOEs and takes damageto charge my burst..I can SPAM that 14k AOE over and over.
[…]
Again in my vids I DONT show my tactics for a reason. I dont want to give all the tricks to the build away. why would I?

But you don’t. You really don’t. Your movies show that. No reason to hide this since you’re already talking about it. You’re planning on hiding something you expose every time you post? That doesn’t make sense. Even for you.

Also due to massive regen.tanking and several damage immune skills, I taunt and tease people to attack me.

This was a good joke, the thread needed a smile. You got Shield Stance and Defy Pain. Perfect taunting abilities.

Best healer in game II

in Warrior

Posted by: Chipmunko.5870

Chipmunko.5870

Hi ..
i wanted to ask something … well i can agree that warr is able to keep reg. on highest number of ppl for considerable time at once
but how u measure the term “best healer” ?

PS: i posted link to this thread on every class forum ( named as “Supports Challenge” ) .. mb some1 post a vid. u r still looking for

(edited by Chipmunko.5870)

Best healer in game II

in Warrior

FASTCAR.7831

lala good post. I will speak to you as you are not a troll:
Close on gear, good job
My heal power now is about 20% more then you listed.
NICE runes, but dont use those ( do on my COND warrior though..see vids)
I use 3 diff runes that add +100 heal and other stats

Trust me, I tried horn and sword.It was ok, the bow just adds SO much dps. When I “pain inverter” bomb, I throw on the shield so I can block as I run in and bomb.THis also instantly fills up my burst gas tank and its followed by a fast wep swap and combustive shot.

You get it,The others want to dislike me and my build SO bad..they wont even think why it may actually be good.

As for your gear, farm karka below “owans refuge” you can AOE them and make tons of cash.With a decent 5 man party and at least one guardian 35g/hour is possible. ( in that spot..others are MUCH slower)

YES pain inverter is devistating, the confuse/reflect is 1500ish damage for over 7 sec.
Drops so many people, its just wrong.Any melee type is np at all.
Often thieves come at me 2-3x a a time.They all drop fast.
( also an amazing thief hunting build)

Good post

Wolf: I change skills often based on what I am doing and group makeup.No reason to have pain inverter on when I am just healing.OR any other skills I rotate in.
AGAIN: Vids are to show the general idea, proof of concept NOT my tacticts.

**Killed 13 thievies last night ( some could be the same guy)
ALL must have come from FPS games. I used “clicking” and killed them all easily while taking almost zero damage)
Silly non clickers /facepalm

To answer several PM : Yea So I recorded a vid is max FPS.Put down ONE flag and let 37 run past it ( going into a fight)
ALL 37 got heal ticks.

At 30 FPS you only see 6-12 of them , with also about 35-40 people.
If your PC is slow or whatever and your at low FPS you may be missing some of the heals you are actually doing.

1 guy using this build now told me he is at 18-25 FPS in large fights or near buildings.

Reaper and others, you got me ! I do use a third consumable to heal for more good catch.it STILL works in wvw , allthough the various bombs and robots and other items have been “fixed”
Max ever was 449/tick I usually get 439.
My shouts are at 3000ish each
I was carefull to not have this on during fights…how did you and a few others figure this out? ( I assume you found the item pvE while leveling)

Best healer in game II

in Warrior

FASTCAR.7831

Chipmonk: Read the very first post.
Short answer : Total effect the build/class has on the battlefield…overall effect, if you will.

Best healer in game II

in Warrior

Posted by: Chipmunko.5870

Chipmunko.5870

Chipmonk: Read the very first post.
Short answer : Total effect the build/class has on the battlefield…overall effect, if you will.

aha ok … but “overall effect” doesnt acctually mean only raw healing … so Q is whos best support ?

Best healer in game II

in Warrior

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

50k hp is impossible in gw2. This OP guy is blatantly lying.

Best healer in game II

in Warrior

Posted by: Lert.6287

Lert.6287

Tbh either elementalist or guardian are the best healers.
Both, going for mainly healing power (1200+) aren’t wasted classes. They can still do pretty much. Both can apply regen to allies, ele can apply soothing mist for 9sec and guardian that F2 or F3 thing which are other kind of regen. And more to it, both got other sources to heal allies. Guardian has his ulti and dodging heals allies. Elementalist got healing skills on 1-5 sets and additionally from traits. With around 600 healing power, just by dodging and in same time attuning to water and right away using D/D 5th skill with 30water/30arcane traits, you can recover to you and nearby allies 6k health in basicly 2seconds.
So in my opinion, as many others’, both guardian and elementalist are rather best supportive classes. Warrior isn’t even close to that.
PS: Both can cure conditions and apply boons, as well tank and disturb enemies allowing allies to run away by that time.

Engineer / Piken Square
Former Team Psy [Psy] member/ [BNF] guest
YT Channel

Best healer in game II

in Warrior

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Alright, alright.. I just can’t.

• Firstly, if FASTCAR’s build is working for her, then what right does anyone have to demand changes or write it off? A lot of people in this thread are being far more obnoxious than they need to, and forwhat?
  • “THERE IS NO HOLY TRINITY YOU’RE WASTING YOUR TIME!” Yet people make pure tanks and DPS all the time. The game was made so that ANY CLASS can play ANY ROLL. Elementalists can be DPS, supporters, or tanks. So can Guardians, Mesmers, ect. If I’m not mistaken, the “no holy trinity” ideal means that no class is shoehorned into one particular role. It doesn’t mean you can’t make a viable support character.
  • @FASTCAR. At the same time.. Surely you couldn’t have expected a different response when you refuse to put up videos of healing from other classes that you’ve tested. I understand and share your love for Support-based classes, but if you reread your original post, it comes off as a bit snobbish and presumptuous with little actual information to back it up. People come to the threads to learn from eachother, and you refuse to post your build, put up videos that explain very little, and claim yourself the best support.
  • Some people click, some people use hotkeys. Some people do both at the same time. (instant cast moves ect.). People tend to judge others only to stroke their own ..er.. kittens. [I.E. feel better about themselves.]
  • Mesmer can outmatch that heal, regeneration, and apply nearly every buff in the game every 36 seconds. Unfortunately I don’t have a way to put up videos as my computer needs some serious repair works, but if you replicate my GUIDE: The Chaos Maestro with whatever gear you’re currently using, you’d see larger returns.

TL:DR – Warriors aren’t the best healers in the game; there is no best healer. Many classes can match your support/heals in their own ways and offer their own pros/cons without being superior or inferior.

Best healer in game II

in Warrior

Posted by: Sandra Martino.3870

Sandra Martino.3870

This keeps getting better and better!

Still Feeling Lucky [PunK] – Gunnars Hold
Recruiting necros & guardians. Whisper ingame.

Best healer in game II

in Warrior

Posted by: Raptured.9307

Raptured.9307

Time is the best healer. gg scrubs

Rank 37 spvp, dungeon master
[HL] Deadly Protection @ Sanctum of Culling

Best healer in game II

in Warrior

Posted by: CookMETEnder.7582

CookMETEnder.7582

“You mad bro?” is probably one of the most common troll phrases in games regardless of age. Guess you don’t play games?

I’m sorry, but what am I supposed to be posting a video of?
You want a video of me playing a Hammer/GS warrior on WvW?

Good job reporting my posts btw Thank you for the one day suspension.
I enjoyed being unable to look at your nice, competent posts about how healing is most definitely the best most awesomerest flowery healer.

I love everyone.

Do I still get infracted?

Best healer in game II

in Warrior

Posted by: Sanny.1270

Sanny.1270

“You mad bro?” is probably one of the most common troll phrases in games regardless of age. Guess you don’t play games?

I’m sorry, but what am I supposed to be posting a video of?
You want a video of me playing a Hammer/GS warrior on WvW?

Good job reporting my posts btw Thank you for the one day suspension.
I enjoyed being unable to look at your nice, competent posts about how healing is most definitely the best most awesomerest flowery healer.

I love everyone.

Do I still get infracted?

you should prolly report all his posts that have excessive flame in them. most likely it would suspend the op and close this topic.

Second To God ~ 80 Warrior
http://www.youtube.com/user/T3hSanny

Best healer in game II

in Warrior

Posted by: Leadfoot.9071

Leadfoot.9071

This is rather ironic – “u mad bro” is 14-15 year old material but “nub troll younglings” is very mature and completely legit – haha!

Best healer in game II

in Warrior

Posted by: Helequin.2608

Helequin.2608

My flags last 90 sec, just running past my flag for one instant gives you a min. of 45 sec regen…what happens when an entire zerg runs by my flags? ALL have 45+ sec of regen.
With “tricks” I can extend this 45 sec to 1:30
And YES, thanks for asking..MANY listen to me.

Diff with me and many of the trolls, I can PROVE what I say….they just talk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL9072nHqxg

I’m not sure I want to dive into this thread, but here it goes. There’s too much misinformation going back and forth, and this statement here is a big one.

Yes, FASTCAR, the banner leaves you with about 45s of regen after it dissappears. However, that is only becuase the duration has been stacking for the entire time the banner was sitting there.

At base, the banner applies 3s of Regen every 3s. You have 30 in tactics (+30% boon duration) So that makes it at least 4s. The banner lasts 95s.

Let’s say that gives you 32 ticks of regen (96/3 = 32). By standing in the banner area for more than one tick, the extra duration starts to stack up. If you had no other boon duration buffs, the last tick should give something close to 35s of regen.

What this means, is a zerg running past the banner does not gaikittens of regen, but 4-5s. The banner will only have time (if they indeed run right past it) to gain one or two ticks. If the zerg carries it with them, the duration is either still very limited (since the ticks will jump around to the 5 players with the least health) or will only stack onto 5 players, not the whole zerg.

Your own video proves it. Watch how much more quickly the first few ticks of regen tick down compared to the last one.

None of this is to say that the overall regen isn’t useful, but a single banner does not bring 45s regen to anyone who happens past.

Best healer in game II

in Warrior

ArtemisEntreri.4138

The warrior wins in most allies touched for healing but it is a very small amount being healed when players are getting hit for 3-7k damage every 1-3 seconds. Combat is chaotic and having a little regen buff is never going to make or break a zerg. If you are looking for heals in a burst situation, shouts are better. Banners apply the regen for light healing, nothing more. Your banners do provide a nice bonus but again, nothing game changing. Shouts and banners are both situational but I can’t tell you how many times I have been saved by my guardian’s ability to burst heal through damage from a thief or a GC (insert class here) or even stupid amounts of AoE.

Regen will not save you. It only relieves the stress of conditions that aren’t stacked at 25 intensity. Your build touches a lot and supports but to deem yourself the best healer class in the game is a misinterpretation of all the little green numbers you see.

Just enjoy your build and don’t create threads like this only hoping to boost your own ego or think you have discovered something no one else has. Forums are here to help each other and toss ideas out for others to critique and help improve. You have stated countless times you’ve received PMs about your build and educated others on how to play. That’s great.

My own opinion is each class has it’s strengths and I find warriors to be a better offensive support than defensive. I find guardians and ele’s burst healing capabilities much more supportive than a 400 tick of regen helpful based on the situation. Heck, I don’t even look at regen as a heal but a minor protection boon.

p.s. Get into WvW! We’re beating you guys!

(edited by ArtemisEntreri.4138)

Best healer in game II

in Warrior

ArtemisEntreri.4138

I roll something like this on my guardian. Put this into perspective.

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/guardian/?3.4|2.1k.h1j|9.1k.h6.e.1k.h1j|1k.71g.1k.71g.1k.71h.1k.71h.1k.7o.1k.7o|1k.68.1k.68.1k.68.1k.68.1k.68.8c.68|0.0.a0.u23b.u29a|1b.1|x.18.16.19.1j|e

Hammer/Mace+Shield(defensive) or GS/Sword+Focus(offensive) + toss staff in while moving the zerg for buffs and speed.

All shouts, healing breeze, and either Renewed Focus or Tome of Courage (situation depending).

I have condition removals:
Purity (self)
Pure of Voice (1 condition = 1 boon per shout for up to 5 allies)
Virtue of Resolve(improved with trait) removes three conditions from myself + 5 allies near me.
Save Yourselves (Give it to me! I take all conditions off 5 nearby allies).

Boons: (60% bonus + 80% to protection)
All for self.
Protection, regen, stability, aegis, and retaliation from shouts and virtues.
All possibilities with Pure of Voice.

Healing: (1580 w/ sigil)
Regen from Hold the Line, Virtue of Resolve’s passive and active.
Healing Breeze
Light of Deliverance (5 man full heal) or hit Renewed Focus for another VoR + invincibility.
Symbol of Faith (could heal more if I went Writ of the Merciful)
Selfless Daring 129 + healing power. Heals 5 nearby allies after dodge.

You can do the math Nicole. I have burst heals and boons covered very well. I won’t hit 20+ people with a 4-5 second regen (or longer if they stand in the full duration of the banner) but I bring more to the table. I’m no healer but I gladly take the title of support.

If you need videos of all of this working together, give me a bit to install Fraps and find some time to jump into WvW. This isn’t even my build. It’s a slight variation of Christos de Soufre. He’s the genius for posting the build.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/WvW-PvE-The-Healway-Guardian/page/7#post1556421