Warrior Discussion

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

There has been a LOT of forums posted recently pertaining to Warrior. I’m wondering what the balance team feels about Warrior as it is currently. Most of the “information” presented in these forums is just downright wrong. It’s a lot different than Spirit Rangers where it was apparent that there was very few exploitable weaknesses. The current Warrior meta to me is only strong because it aims to counter the condition heavy meta, which I feel was an attempt to allow the players to shift the meta on their own without directly nerfing said builds in the current meta. The builds we run have several counters, you just don’t see them frequently because they aren’t popular currently. If Warrior remains how it is we may see a shift in the game so that for example Mesmers come back into the fray to counter the Warriors that are Countering Rangers and Necros.

I just pray that you do not listen to these forums filled with incorrect information and “shave” Warriors back into mediocrity so shortly after we were made useful after a year of being the punchline of every PvP joke.

If power meta returns trust me warriors will be OP. They will be one shoting people with sustain. So yea I hope they nerf it so noobs on warrs don’t think they are good at the game (same reason I want spirit ranger nerfed). Warriors were balanced before it was just the other classes needed adjustment. ZERK STANCE AND HEALING SIGNET NEED HUGE NERF. I HATE THAT THE CLASS I PUT MY EFFORT INTO LEARNING IS EASY TO PLAY FOR ANYONE NOW. Enough said.

Clear cut counter to berserker stance: wait for the stance to end (very easy to do) then condi burst war. If you spam every direct dps ability when a ranger uses “Protect Me” or the signet then you will have to be an idiot. If you spam all conditions on an engineer traited for 100% condi immunity at 25%, yeap need not repeat myself.

Counter to healing signet: maintain poison on target or maintain pressure. This also seems to work against rangers, mesmer’s, guardians, engineers and elementalists. Well go figure for that eh?

Opinion sack, I never have trouble with these types of wars as I understand the mechanics in play and know how to counter them.

We can also pop zerk stance when we are already training you then what happens? You cant blind his stun you just have to hope to god you dodge the stun or he is dumb and completely misses an insta cast.

Or…you know…you could make sure to save your stunbreaker/stability until you get hit by Earthshaker and not waste it before then. Not to mention popping the Zerker Stance while your training means sure, you’ll probably not get blinded but you’re getting less overall use because they’ll be CC’d for most of the length of the skill.

The optimal use would be to save it until you REALLY need it or to start the fight with it and use Earthshaker right at the end. That way you not only have a chance to have them waste all their good skills but you’ll get to use a full Combustive shot and Earthshaker.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: apt.9184

apt.9184

There has been a LOT of forums posted recently pertaining to Warrior. I’m wondering what the balance team feels about Warrior as it is currently. Most of the “information” presented in these forums is just downright wrong. It’s a lot different than Spirit Rangers where it was apparent that there was very few exploitable weaknesses. The current Warrior meta to me is only strong because it aims to counter the condition heavy meta, which I feel was an attempt to allow the players to shift the meta on their own without directly nerfing said builds in the current meta. The builds we run have several counters, you just don’t see them frequently because they aren’t popular currently. If Warrior remains how it is we may see a shift in the game so that for example Mesmers come back into the fray to counter the Warriors that are Countering Rangers and Necros.

I just pray that you do not listen to these forums filled with incorrect information and “shave” Warriors back into mediocrity so shortly after we were made useful after a year of being the punchline of every PvP joke.

If power meta returns trust me warriors will be OP. They will be one shoting people with sustain. So yea I hope they nerf it so noobs on warrs don’t think they are good at the game (same reason I want spirit ranger nerfed). Warriors were balanced before it was just the other classes needed adjustment. ZERK STANCE AND HEALING SIGNET NEED HUGE NERF. I HATE THAT THE CLASS I PUT MY EFFORT INTO LEARNING IS EASY TO PLAY FOR ANYONE NOW. Enough said.

Clear cut counter to berserker stance: wait for the stance to end (very easy to do) then condi burst war. If you spam every direct dps ability when a ranger uses “Protect Me” or the signet then you will have to be an idiot. If you spam all conditions on an engineer traited for 100% condi immunity at 25%, yeap need not repeat myself.

Counter to healing signet: maintain poison on target or maintain pressure. This also seems to work against rangers, mesmer’s, guardians, engineers and elementalists. Well go figure for that eh?

Opinion sack, I never have trouble with these types of wars as I understand the mechanics in play and know how to counter them.

We can also pop zerk stance when we are already training you then what happens? You cant blind his stun you just have to hope to god you dodge the stun or he is dumb and completely misses an insta cast.

Or…you know…you could make sure to save your stunbreaker/stability until you get hit by Earthshaker and not waste it before then. Not to mention popping the Zerker Stance while your training means sure, you’ll probably not get blinded but you’re getting less overall use because they’ll be CC’d for most of the length of the skill.

The optimal use would be to save it until you REALLY need it or to start the fight with it and use Earthshaker right at the end. That way you not only have a chance to have them waste all their good skills but you’ll get to use a full Combustive shot and Earthshaker.

Well then a necro can’t peel you off using fears and you can pop stab once they go down. Btw you do know earth shaker is easy to dodge why would I need stab for that.

Lil Apt
L2P deeez nutz

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

Well then a necro can’t peel you off using fears and you can pop stab once they go down. Btw you do know earth shaker is easy to dodge why would I need stab for that.

Smart Warriors use Pin Down first, or just aim for where they’ll be at the end of the roll.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: The Primary.6371

The Primary.6371

In that situation it would still be a waste and I actually use stun breakers unlike other people. But then again commen sense is hard to come by and well if many others had it, we might see less cries for nerfs or QQ e.g. coloxus(or however you spell his name) vs unknown war.

(edited by The Primary.6371)

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: imaginary.6241

imaginary.6241

As others have said, once we bring down the conditions that “hold down” some of the physical based classes, they will feel stronger. We’re aware of that!

Thanks again for the feedback!

AreaNet is missing a clear plan that should be made and released beforehand that is not based by their mere asumptions and personal feelings (f. e. when a video or opinion of a single class reprensative shows them owning others without seriously taking into consideration why this is happening and if it ’s their skill thats inbalanced and not their tools). By that I mean releasing information about the internal functions of that said balance changesf. e. the formula or the soft and hardcaps and new limits of that skill and whats their purpose is.

Communication is the key to success and happyness to most. Both to the Developers, the Playerbase and even the Publishers (= means more SALES!).

1. Close down all those brainless, pointless and countless NERF threads
  2. Make a proper plan for at least 2-3 months ahead
  3. Release that plan to the public and take their opinions and theoretical assumptions into consideration (yes there are quite a few good theorycrafters lingering around)
  4. Rework your plan on the final results and rerelease it to the public to see if there were any faults with planing / taking those opinions into consideration
  5. Apply patch
  6. Profit

Edit: Edited out my assumptions as no real information has been made public as to what will change and what not.

Klakk Bumm. One of the Leaders of TxS, the European Tequatl Slayer Alliance.
Click to apply for Daily EU Tequatl Kills here
My Guides: xPvP Mighty Stealth Bomber

(edited by imaginary.6241)

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

apt.9184

Smart Warriors use Pin Down first, or just aim for where they’ll be at the end of the roll.

Smart warriors have reaction time too lol :P I rarely get hit with that. But, if they can chain it yes it can hit, but yea reaction time plays a huge role counter with lot of warrior builds in past, but now not really since they have so muh sustain and damage all in one package. There is so much room for bad players to land stuns it ridiculous (zerk stance healing signet cleansing ire lyssa runes, burst skill reduction on cd). Previously if you had missed stuns before the addition of cleansing ire on the build you got kittened (now people are defending it with there life since warrior finally can be played by wide spread of people including the inexperienced ones and overall having builds and classes like that is bad for the game and is why people like xeph have left this game). You guys may have fun kitten people right now, but trust me in couple of months it will get boring.

Lil Apt
L2P deeez nutz

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: Void.4239

Void.4239

Thanks guys!

We’re being very mindful about the way the Sigil of Para fix will hit Warriors. We’ve already got another balance patch brewing, and we’re being very careful to watch all the classes and see how they feel after we shave down the condition spam classes slightly.

As others have said, once we bring down the conditions that “hold down” some of the physical based classes, they will feel stronger. We’re aware of that!

here’s feedback :

-1 ) Wars healing to strong ( put the healing on par with that of other closecombat non bunker characters ) atm glasscanon wariors outbunker guards…..while maintaining best burst in the game.

-2 ) STUN chaining should not be allowed to accomplish. there should always be a window where you should be able to dodge between.

-3 ) either you do 1&2 or reduce wars damage by 30% .

conclusion:

Atm wars have a too good a balance between healing / damage / stuns.
Making it a to rewarding character for the little risk a war has these days.

Most characters get punished if they messup a few skills, war does not get punished like other characters do .
ONLY warrior has to land 2 hits in order to win a 1 vs 1.

So basically warrior gets rewarded for landing 2 skills and missing 8 skill.

And plz do not act like you dont know this…..

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

Just revert healing signet buff and the warrior will be in a good place. Berserker stance can stay like it is now then.

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

apt.9184

In that situation it would still be a waste and I actually use stun breakers unlike other people. But then again commen sense is hard to come by and well if many others had it, we might see less cries for nerfs or QQ e.g. coloxus(or however you spell his name) vs unknown war.

lol tell we what happens if they epi or spite signet you or corrupt boon your stab then condi pressure you? It obv depends on the state of the team fight, but say you know you can 100-0 the person and do it then and let guard secure stomp or stab stomp yourself. Necros have lots of ways to apply pressure so you have to know scenarios to counter that.

Lil Apt
L2P deeez nutz

(edited by apt.9184)

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

Just revert healing signet buff and the warrior will be in a good place. Berserker stance can stay like it is now then.

According you…
Good place = Free kill

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Void.4239

According you…
Good place = Free kill

and you must be 1 of those warriors are fine folks ………enough said.

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

apt.9184

According you…
Good place = Free kill

It was never a free kill……….

Lil Apt
L2P deeez nutz

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

JETWING.2759

No one looks that warrior is a single and permanent target.
- No have minions.
- No have invul.
- No have stealth.
- No have teleport.
- No have blind spamm.
- No have combo fields.
- No have easy access to protection, retaliation and aegis.
- No have good heal.

This. Nerf healing signet and destroy warrior.

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

JETWING.2759

According you…
Good place = Free kill

Still being.
For me is the easiest classe to kill. I rarely dye for warriors.

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Void.4239

- No have minions.
- No have invul.
- No have stealth.
- No have teleport.
- No have blind spamm.
- No have combo fields.
- No have good heal.

- endure pain , beserker stance ( sort of invuln.)

- 1skill kills, ( who needs minions when you hit everything down in 1-3 skills)

- stun aoe chains, ( its better then blind/ protection/ retaliation or aegis)

- 2 times the healing a thief has ( should other closecombat characters get a boost to healing then ?)

- movement skills that stun/or dps targets on low coolodowns + good swiffness uptime ( gs )

- and dont forget the stat advantage a heavy armor character already has. ( more toughness for free )

put it on par with the other closecombat characters , or boost the other closecombat characters .

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: Seisyll.5914

Seisyll.5914

80 Ranger | 80 Thief | 80 Ele | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior | 80 Engineer | 80 Necromancer
Piken Square

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

JETWING.2759

- No have minions.
- No have invul.
- No have stealth.
- No have teleport.
- No have blind spamm.
- No have combo fields.
- No have good heal.

- 2 times the healing a thief has ( should other closecombat characters get a boost to healing then ?)

- movement skills that stun/or dps targets on low coolodowns + good swiffness uptime ( gs )

- and dont forget the stat advantage a heavy armor character already has. ( more toughness for free )

put it on par with the other closecombat characters , or boost the other closecombat characters .

- Endure Pain and Zerk Stance are ridiculous. Compare with Blurred Frenzy or anothers skills that provides true invulnerability for more uptime and with less cd.

- 200 extra toughness not compare with protection, stealth, invul, perma evade, teleport spamm, minions (not, they aren’t one hit kill).

- Stun AoE where? Hammer?, on of most weak weapon of warrior. One skill that requires full adrenaline to grants 2s stun. Not compare with CC spam that others classes have.

- 2x Thief heal?
Thief heal when hits. Thief heal while in stealth. Thief heal when use iniciative. Thief heals when bleeding. Thief heals when uses shadow refuge. Thief heal when breath. Thief heals with each action.

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

JETWING.2759

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

- No have minions.
- No have invul.
- No have stealth.
- No have teleport.
- No have blind spamm.
- No have combo fields.
- No have good heal.

- Endure Pain and Zerk Stance are ridiculous. Compare with Blurred Frenzy or anothers skills that provides true invulnerability for more uptime and with less cd.

- 200 extra toughness not compare with protection, stealth, invul, perma evade, teleport spamm, minions (not, they aren’t one hit kill).

- Stun AoE where? Hammer?, on of most weak weapon of warrior. One skill that requires full adrenaline to grants 2s stun. Not compare with CC spam that others classes have.

- 2x Thief heal?
Thief heal when hits. Thief heal while in stealth. Thief heal when use iniciative. Thief heals when bleeding. Thief heals when uses shadow refuge. Thief heal when breath. Thief heals with each action.

1. Blurred frenzy was nerfed a patch cycle ago…. On a cloth class with almost no defense at all?
2. 400-1200 hp regen is up there for me; especially combined with zerk stance and endure pain and shield stance. Warrior also has ridiculous stability up time.
3. cc spam that other classes have? lol Warrior deals crazy damage AND ccs AND regens/invulns like crazy. One at a time these things are balanced and even fair, all together in one package? No Ty.
4. Lol what?..

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Seisyll.5914

How many would you want? I play ranger and the only combo fields I am sure of are water and fire. Of course I can also have poison and frost, but to gain cf poison I have to use certain pets F2 skill which can fire any moment since the use up to eternity, also with frost i gain it only by a trap, and believe me someone has yet to step into it. Also by having them I don’t feel any better

80 Ranger | 80 Thief | 80 Ele | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior | 80 Engineer | 80 Necromancer
Piken Square

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

JETWING.2759

How many would you want? I play ranger and the only combo fields I am sure of are water and fire. Of course I can also have poison and frost, but to gain cf poison I have to use certain pets F2 skill which can fire any moment since the use up to eternity, also with frost i gain it only by a trap, and believe me someone has yet to step into it. Also by having them I don’t feel any better

The point are that your ranger can to do!
Is you choise when and how to make

In warrior’s case, they need imperatively wield LB and have one or more adrenaline bar.

- Compare diferences

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Healing Signet could use a 50 health/second nerf. I think that would make it more balanced.

Its a good noob skill but it has no business being more effective than skills you have to actually use.

Sure, but then the active heal needs to be raised to 8000 hp heal.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Seisyll.5914

The point are that your ranger can to do!
Is you choise when and how to make

In warrior’s case, they need imperatively wield LB and have one or more adrenaline bar.

- Compare diferences

Ok and I have to wield a warhorn to have combo:Blast, and a torch to have combofield:fire, or fire/frost trap and have someone enter it(not my choice really) and as I said a certain pet with combo field:Poison (remember when I told they are unreliable?). Only combo field:Water is given with healing skill, but hey! I have to equip that too.

Piken Square

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

JETWING.2759

But you can

Combo field grants skill divesification.
More combo fields = More possible skills and effects.

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Seisyll.5914

And you can do a quick dmg burst on me while I can’t and probably will never be able to. Also your burst require less skill to pull of while I have to either play as spirit ranger (which I don’t and probably will never do as far as I can kill even one player with my build) or play some viable build which requires skill to play

Piken Square

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: SPESHAL.9106

SPESHAL.9106

I wanna know the thought process behind dealing more damage to a stunned target. i mean it’s stunned right, like it cannot use its skills, and you can deal more damage to it? OP much?

The balance in this game is actually quite good considering how many professions and roles are possible.

However, it’s good to see an educated forum post from someone who has figured out the main culprit of most balance issues.

Whether it’s damage during fear…burst during skull crack…people don’t LIKE losing control of their character PLUS taking huge amounts of damage.

Similarly…professions like thief and mesmer can do huge damage while also fearing/interrupting/evading/teleporting all on very short cooldowns.

All of this gameplay may appear “balanced” on a spreadsheet when you consider their weaknesses, but it’s still cheesy and people DON’T LIKE IT.

IMO, if you’re going to have classes with huge CC, then their options for burst have to neutered accordingly. You CAN’T have both.

If you’re going to have classes/builds with high burst in the game, then they are going to have to be modeled similar to power necros who do huge damage, but have almost no escapes, mobility, protection, regen, stealth, evades. And if you catch them without any life force, then they die almost instantly.

These are FAIR tradeoffs for burst/cc.

What’s Not fair is…I can do huge burst to you while you do nothing to me and I can escape or become invulnerable/regen at ridiculous rates too.

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

JETWING.2759

For me its ok reduce heal of healing signet to 300s. But allow each banner to grant a specific field for 3s when sumoned or planted.
- Strenght = Fire
- Defence = Ice
- Discipline = Lighning
- Tactics = Water
- Battle = Dark

Instead blast finisher, grants field iniciator

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

JETWING.2759

And you can do a quick dmg burst on me while I can’t and probably will never be able to. Also your burst require less skill to pull of while I have to either play as spirit ranger (which I don’t and probably will never do as far as I can kill even one player with my build) or play some viable build which requires skill to play

The only easy burst with warrior is control + 100b, and even that requires utility + 2 weapon sets. This if the target is not carring bs.

Ranger just spamm rapid fire or sword chain.

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Seisyll.5914

You are forgetting that combos are created to encourage playing together. If you could do everything alone then why play mmo. Also funny thing, give warrior combo field Dark “hey I can apply blind!”, combo field Water “hey another way to heal myself!”, Frost “here comes the chill”.
I cant understand why placing a banner would place such fields anyway

Piken Square

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Seisyll.5914

Yay I can use rapid fire once every 10s and maybe it gives 10k+ dmg, but first I have to channel it for 4s.
Also about sword. Maybe its chain have a good dmg, maybe not, but one thing for sure is that it glitches so much that sometimes it’s hard to dodge or run away, cause it wants to make this stupid and useless leap

Piken Square

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

Yay I can use rapid fire once every 10s and maybe it gives 10k+ dmg, but first I have to channel it for 4s.
Also about sword. Maybe its chain have a good dmg, maybe not, but one thing for sure is that it glitches so much that sometimes it’s hard to dodge or run away, cause it wants to make this stupid and useless leap

i can say this exactly for warriors, what is your point. all your arguements even the ones above can apply to warriors as well, this is just ridiculous

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Seisyll.5914

Show me one weapon on the warrior that is broken and hard to use

Piken Square

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

This thread should of died while it was SPVP.

It is no longer an SPVP discussion, whining has taken it to WvWvW and other things. Please move it to its proper forum.

Most people are announcing things which describe having 8 utility slots and mythical 30/30/40/30/30 specs.

You can’t be everything. Sorry.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Lighter.5631

greatsword

“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Seisyll.5914

greatsword

What’s so wrong about it? I have never seen anything bad about it

Piken Square

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

greatsword

Hundred blade is trash if enemies know how to move.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Lighter.5631

greatsword

You have never seen anything bad about it, because you don’t play it, son.
greatsword has been one of the most broken weapon in warrior history for a long time not because of its design, it’s broken the way it is

next time, make sure you don’t throw BS all over the place without knowing the actual thing.

-Excalibur.9748

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

apt.9184

According you…
Good place = Free kill

Still being.
For me is the easiest classe to kill. I rarely dye for warriors.

Lol I will join your hot joins and find ya :P

Lil Apt
L2P deeez nutz

(edited by apt.9184)

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: Lampshade.7569

Lampshade.7569

Class balance really needs to stop revolving around spvp. New nerfs come and go, smashing through each and every PvE trait setup, while the pvp players just go: Oh, class XX got kittened? Too bad for them, lets roll something else . . .

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

Thanks guys!

We’re being very mindful about the way the Sigil of Para fix will hit Warriors. We’ve already got another balance patch brewing, and we’re being very careful to watch all the classes and see how they feel after we shave down the condition spam classes slightly.

I apologize in advance if any of this will sound rude Jon but, is that dev jargon to say that we’re getting nerfed back into “not realistically viable for sPvP” state?
Please don’t.

I mean if you need to tone down Skull Crack a bit it’s ok, but please dont go touching the good changes you did to our traits and skills.
It was all good design and I really enjoyed the new Sword skill setup, the cooldowns toned down, the trait reallocation, healing signet made viable, etc.
It made me start playing GW2 again after a break, I don’t want my whole class to be flipped upside down or having my warrior again unwanted in tPvP.

Thank you.

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Kolly.9872

healing signet made viable,

Thank you.

Well it’s a matter of different point of view!!
I would say more “Healing Signet made Broken”
Personal experience, I was testing different classes and builds today against a friend of mine using a common warrior build with healing signet and I lost 3 times in a raw.
After that I asked him to just swap the healing signet while the rest of the build stayed the same. Guess who won?
Surely this doesn’t prove anything, it was just my little daily experience.. but having a signet that PASSIVELY heals for something like 407 hp\s without any effort, is something I would not realy define “viable”

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: The Primary.6371

The Primary.6371

Healing signets healing tick is bugged, meant to heal every 3 seconds if I remember correctly. I think it heals for every second, needs confirmation. But even so, a nerf would be targeted to either the healing amount or intervals of healing.

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: Baltzenger.2467

Baltzenger.2467

Thanks guys!

Thanks Jonathan, I’m happy to read that you shifted the way balance has been handled in the past, with a new concept of shaving. To me, the thing that is more dangerous to the game, is what happens in this forum/thread, that people feel that every time they don’t like something, they can complain and have it changed. A competitive game should not be changing so drastically, monthly, or bi monthly, not even every 6 months. I’ve seen the “meta” of this game shift so often, that now I’m afraid of investing in a build or character I like, fearing that I will lose 20+ gold (to my limited time, that’s a lot) per gear, because the effects of items and skills will change next month.
I’ve played warrior since december last year, my first character, I’ve seen the class being called from useless and free kill, to now, “overpowered”, all the gear, the skins, the runes, the sigils I invest in my character face danger every patch, of being changed to something I didnt want when buying them or crafting them.

I hope the metagame of this game to be balanced around warrior, since it’s mechanic is the most intuitive of all, is similar to what monsters bring to the game, and I don’t want to see that the fact of being a “simple” or “intuitive” class, translates into being plain underpowered around the gimmicks of other classes : stealth, clones, minions, pets, etc.

As a warrior, I rely more on combat awareness and being quick with the simple tools I have, than to a special mechanic, which other classes have.
As a suggestion, I would say that GS needs to have its burst revised, mace should have an option for condition builds (maybe change the daze for confusion), shouts need to be revised, banners need to be revised (for QoL issues), and I would be satisfied if our sustain is based on being aggresive than being defensive. Right now a lot of people complain about healing signet, but the signet alone is not enough to be “super sustainable”, is the mix between many sources, including adrenal health. Maybe you could consider make us regenerate health on hits, or damage, or adrenaline gained (not spent, pls, blindness is a pain), rather than just a passive gain. I think the old way omnomberry pies worked on warrior made them viable in pvp while not being OP, I understand the change to the food, but maybe, with the current philosophy, you could’ve “shaved” the change, by giving us something similar in exchange.

Thanks for this awesome game, and I wish you good luck with your future work.

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: Psybunny.8906

Psybunny.8906

Want that “OP” warr dead?

Here you go, reroll your fotm neccys/rangers to bursters:

• S/F burst ele is very strong against hammer/lbow warrs, should have no trouble against it. Same spec as usual S/D burster.

Want to survive on a neccy? Grab spectral walk, wurm, lyssa runes and stab on DS, you’ll still push out decent damage and don’t get facerolled in that 8 seconds that zerk stance lasts since you don’t bother to carry a stunbreak.

“But I’m an engineer, I need my kits, I can’t grab a stunbreak.” – NO! Be less lazy and play defensively like the rest of us! >:/

Brought to you by AdaptToMeta™.

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Kolly.9872

Want that “OP” warr dead?

Here you go, reroll your fotm neccys/rangers to bursters:

do you mean “it’s still an overall Dead spec against every other profession in teamfights” right?
Prove me I’m wrong, show me a video of you fighting against this condition meta with that build and still survive. You don’t need to kill your opponent but just to survive and I will be fine.
and the problem with Warrior is that you will need lot of mobility and blind for survive to their CC spam. If you fail once, you’re dead. Their sustained damage is crazy, a thief certainly cannot fight face to face against a warrior, a thief will need mobility of course. But guess what? while the thief “dance” around trying to avoid all the stuns, the warrior will regen to full life while still contesting the node.
But of course this is fine, cos warriors were UP for so long time that now it’s their time to shine.

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: Nuoper.7503

Nuoper.7503

whoa. I see a cry about a warrior…warrior??
Am i still in the kitten dream?
why don’t you cry about stealth or something?

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Void.4239

- No have minions.
- No have invul.
- No have stealth.
- No have teleport.
- No have blind spamm.
- No have combo fields.
- No have good heal.

- 2x Thief heal?

I got the strange feeling you dont pvp that much
Maybe you should try out pvp because no1 is talking about pve……….

sure you dont have top invuln uptime / you dont have top evade& stealth skills

- strong stun chains
- top healing you can have 700heals/second
- high swiffness uptime
- best damage output
- good damage mitigation ( atm can bunker almost better then guards , thanks to the healing )

and you have that while in full glasscanon spec……….

every other character type in glasscanon spec dies in 2-3 hits, cause they had to sacrifice alot to get good damage.

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: KarlusDavius.1024

KarlusDavius.1024

What warrior are you playing? I wish I could be that tanky as a glass warrior

Cmdr. Kiro Heimdahl
Warrior
Far Shiverpeaks

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Atm i have a choice, play my favorite professions (ele, ranger, and to some extend necro, although i don’t like the direction anet went with those), and be underpowered (seriously even their auto attacks are crap wich are 80% of the games damage), or play warrior and have immunity available to virtually everything.

1) Double endure pain (trait+skill), 2) longest utility stability in the game, with still an incredible short cd (40 sec), 3) best healing skill in the game, wich on top of it, is split up in increments per second, so poison affects it less, and can never ever be interrupted or removed. 4) Both rangers very good trait ‘50% endurance regen’ and lyssa effect (remove all conditions), in one powerfull signet, with short cd. Yes you loose one for another, but that barely is a downside. 5) Most stuns available in game, and on short cd. 6) After RTL nerf, the best profession to disengage a battle from (apart from thief). Rush, Sword 2 and gs 3 are just incredible good. 7) The best ‘damage while completely avoiding damage’-skill in game (Whirlwing attack). best elite in game to combine with rune of lyssa. This aint a problem apart from the issue other professions are sitting with not so cool 180+ sec cd elites. (Venom and flesh golem both have issues why they are slight/a lot less good then Signet of rage for lyssa rune effect). 9) most immunity skills in game (dogged march, berserker stance, endure pain etc, passive > active, and warrior excels in this). 10) Incredible good condition removal, while it may not look that way. Especially cleansing Ire (8 sec cd, potentially with 3 condition removed), is incredible strong, compared to say mesmers/rangers. to strong. They basically completely removed warriors biggest downside: conditions. 11) Best hp/armor combo in game (and that with all the stuff listed before this, the power creep difference becomes apparent). 12 Best damage modifiers igame (both base, and full power/berserker builds). 13) Easiest prof to get perma fury on, wich equals 420 precision, wich means, this is 420 FREE STATS that can be invested elsewhere. Again massive powercreep. As if Healing signet ain’t enough, they have Adrenal health, wich is stronger as a major minor, compared to Ranger Grandmaster ‘beastmaster’ trait. Stronger and half trait points, and that compared to a profession wich already has harder time surviving then a warrior. 14 Most weapon sets in game, (takes a lot more time to get bored with). 15) Best bow (sb/lb both) in game, especially combo finisher wise. Sb is slower, and is harder to land projectiles with, the blast maybe slightly better, but will drain viable initiative away. 16) 5 sec weapon swap. This is a big one! I can’t believe how many times, on another profession i’m like ‘omg weap swap cd, get ready will you, i need ranged/melee now instead of the other’. Warrior? no prob, I never have to wait for weapon swapping. Add on that the general low cooldowns compared to other professions, and you got a true winner. Only engineer kits come close to this, but they have big downsides (use up utility slow, are usually less potent, just more defensive, etc).

1 vs 1 op in my opionion, in worse case use sword 2+4 to runaway and get back. Only when overrun by conditions (multiple necros, engie, rangers etc), then they will melt faster then ele/guard/necro.

And @ counter arguments like ‘but profession X can do this too’, yes but at a much bigger opportunity cost (skill slot, or more trait points). And they can’t take so much of these advantages at same time.

All the advantages I listed either have to be looked at carefully and some of them nerfed. I don’t like this however though. It feels like warrior is where is should be (apart from healing signet, that’s just op, we know you won’t boost all other heals in game, to balance against this one, so the easiest and only way to fix this is nerf healing signet slightly). Stuff like Fast hands, i don’t know why warrior alone should have this. Ranger, necro, guardian would be a lot more playable with something like this.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

(edited by Phoebe Ascension.8437)

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

The current warrior balance is required to counter the condition meta. I didn’t see these complaints about warrior before condi necros became so good. In fact warriors were generally free badges in WvW until everything moved to conditions. If power becomes the meta, then warriors will be low on the stick again.

I run mesmer and the condition builds eat me up (unless I have all my condi removal on c/d, and sometimes not even then). However I never lose to a warrior (even with HS, stuns, and HB).

That’s how rock-paper-scissors works — and it applies to 1v1. GW2 is probably in the best state it’s ever been with hard counters between professions and builds (similar to GW1).

If you run conditions, expect to be owned by a properly built power warrior in 1v1 — deal with it or change your build.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”