Yojack's Min/Max, home of the Yojack Build 2012 for GW2

in Warrior

Posted by: Alex.4186

Alex.4186

i’m looking for a build viable in both wvw and dungeon, i tried to spec +heal power and toughness but in dungeon all boss hit like a truck regardless of your defense, so iwas basically doing less damage but still taking a lot of damage, so i think at the moment vit>toughness, do you have tried your build in some istance? it worked well?

Sorry for the bad English

in Warrior

Posted by: mbelcikuwh.1379

mbelcikuwh.1379

i’m looking for a build viable in both wvw and dungeon, i tried to spec +heal power and toughness but in dungeon all boss hit like a truck regardless of your defense, so iwas basically doing less damage but still taking a lot of damage, so i think at the moment vit>toughness, do you have tried your build in some istance? it worked well?

i’ve tried this build in dungeons..it works really well for me…

the thing is how we supposed to position ourselves..yes,the boss really hits us hard,but like yojack says,we can spam “5” to add vigor to our advantages…

i usually use bolas to keep the mobs in check..

so my setups are:
sword-warhorn and GS/bow (if in dungeon) with yojack’s build – healing signet,for great justice,bolas,and shake it off and signet of rage

whenever i find myself get hits by the boss or being closed by them,i use anything that can slow or immobilize and get try to disengage the aggro to gave some space for me to recover a bit…

if i see there’s one or 2 melee in the dungeon i could switch bows to GS…

so far my strategy brought me quite easily thru dungeons

well,of course all of that depends on how our group responds inside…often i found myself in the 1st timer dungeons adventurer..so if i keep myself cool and told them how to do it properly (kite them one by one,or pick the most dangerous foe first,or even divide the task to distract foes),eventually we pull thru..

EDIT : oh and i never did toughness…i go all on power>vit>prec

in Warrior

Posted by: Gorge Express.7163

Gorge Express.7163

Armor(Which is defense+toughness) suffers from diminishing returns. Stacking it only does so much. Vitality gives you more room for error when dodging hard hitting attacks, but won’t save you from the smaller sources of damage you can’t dodge.

Basically, expect to have a rough time no matter what your stats are.

I think this build would work fine in instances. I would also carry an axe around as a backup offhander, in case you are in a situation where combo finisher whirl would benefit you more than a warhorn.

Personally, i don’t think the 15 in defense helps much for PvP though. The major traits at 20 and 30 offer A LOT, but everything before that is not as amazing. Adrenal health is nice for long fights in instances, but PvP is more burst orientated.

in Warrior

Posted by: Boonah.5374

Boonah.5374

None of these links work for me.

Can someone attach a working link?

in Warrior

Posted by: Tallenn.9218

Tallenn.9218

Been trying this a bit, and so far, I really like. I don’t even have the gear yet, but the traits and skills alone are way better than what I was using. I’m tons more survivable, and at least as good DPS.

in Warrior

Posted by: Yojack.7082

Yojack.7082

Dunegeons….yup there is no straight up tanking them. Even a mace/shield 0/0/30/30/10 spec has trouble tanking in this game. You are better off just kiting from ranged…i.e. rifle and warhorn swapping. Dodges again are key. The tank, healer, dps we are all so used to doesn’t really exist in this game. It is an interesting mechanic but we will see if anet doesnt retune the dungeons to be more causual friendly.

Home of Yojack’s Min/Max and the Yojack Build!

in Warrior

Posted by: Norek.2736

Norek.2736

Yojack, are you sure you only get 175 per second regen? I swear my signet alone was healing me for 200 and I have no healing gear (playing a completely different spec, was just curious about your regen since you also have adrenal health)

Overall a pretty interesting build, even if your shout heals are only 1100, in WVW if you have 10 people around you… 11,000 healing aint to shabby, and one of those shouts also clears up a condition. Sure this wont be for everyone, but its nice to see people thinking outside the normal box and coming up with new combinations.

in Warrior

Posted by: Irishbrewed.6537

Irishbrewed.6537

How much success have you seen with this build in spvp? It works great for WvW just wondering if you’re running this in spvp as well, and thanks for sharing btw. Really a great thread.

in Warrior

Posted by: grey dozer.9752

grey dozer.9752

Seems simple as to what is being brought to the table, all 3 shouts not only heal but are excellent for group support, especially if you’re the target-caller, you mark target(lil heal) buff your friends (lil heal) and defend everyone around you against conditions, even converting some of those conditions into boons, therefore strengthening the group as a whole, controlling the ebb+flow of conditions on a bigger scale, such as this, is going to make a big difference in WvW, add the runes and sigals and those lil heals also remove a condition from yourself, your topping up your heal every smack and getting so many crits as well, it’s gotta make a lovely synergy with the signet and adrenaline-based regen trait.

I’m so intrigued with this build, haven’t got to a position I can try it in yet, but loving WvW as much as I do (more-so when the nuances get sorted.) I can see this giving me and my friends a good time=)

A true support build for the warrior, kudos to you Yojack, hope to see more fresh builds like this.

Trev

in Warrior

Posted by: Ninfrham.1078

Ninfrham.1078

i was using the exact same spec except for the healing signet, even with the shout and the war horn i still prefer to use Mending over the signet.

for me this kind of playstile is really fun but for structured pvp i find that this kind of spec just don’t bring enough to the table, there is basically no cc and no brust, and using it to roam it looks like a waste for me since quick breathing is really a massive thing to have near the rest of the group
how do you people see this kid of spec for spvp?

in Warrior

Posted by: Stanholo.5394

Stanholo.5394

Awesome build, thanks for sharing! I’ve gone through a bunch of different build trying to get the perfect balance – GS, Hammer/Sword, Axe/Horn, and finally got around to Sword/Horn, which is definitely an all around winner. Your setup brings it together, very nice.

Kastagyr 80 Warrior
Kastigir 80 Guardian
Ascalon’s Requiem [END] – Blackgate

in Warrior

Posted by: flint.9351

flint.9351

When I say “weak stat allocation” my main concern here is that you’re trying to do everything without maximizing your potential in what would assumedly be your role in WvW, which is total throughput damage.

Your build, while hardy, is not going to hold up against 3 or more focusing you (hell, I’ve yet to find a build that can, assuming your opponents are worth their salt.)

I personally would focus my stat allocation to the following, in descending order; Condition Damage > Vitality > Power > Toughness > All others. (Your build puts power above Cond Dam, unless I’m reading those links wrong.) This maximizes your throughput damage, as we all know that Time on Target (ToT) for melee classes in WvW is infinitesimally small, unless you have numerical advantage on your side.

Of course, we can theorycraft on what is the best in a 1v1 scenario all day, but that happens so rarely (in my experience, at least) that it’s a moot point to argue. My main concern with your build (and other warriors using it, since it’s a better build than most can come up with without serious number crunching) is that it’s throughput damage in play is much lower than it could be, given 2-3 seconds ToT (which is my ballpark guesstimated average, since I don’t really stopwatch in the middle of WvW)

To give you an idea of what I’m going on about, using a Condition Damage-focused stat build, I’m able to consistently down players with only 4 Seconds ToT with 4 Sword Swings and half of the Sword Burst being used.

I’ll post a build later, when it isn’t 5 in the morning.

Would still be very interested in seeing your build.

in Warrior

Yojack.7082

Mending vs signet is actually a very argueable choice. Do I like the idea of heal over time always or a burst of heal at opportune moments. Really no wrong choice here. Overall I liked the signet + adrenal regen combo which is why I stay with it, but mending is really nice even though the condition removal is overkill in my build.

Spvp……perma sprint for moving from node to node, group heals and buffs, good dps single target and a great 1v1 build…..how would this NOT be good for spvp? =P

in Warrior

Yojack.7082

Oh and yeah my math was wrong on regen. I was thinking 215 + 320 =535/3 secs
But its 215 every sec + 320 every 3 secs so more like 320-350 every second on average. mix in sigil of blood procs every 2-3 secs (internal 2 sec cd) and its more like 500 sec at times….not too shabby at all.

in Warrior

Alex.4186

full rampager doesnt add any vitality, how do you ahve 26 k of health?

in Warrior

Posted by: Green Machine.3710

Green Machine.3710

Yojack, just want to give you a super thank you for providing all this wonderful information. This goes a long way to providing a more pleasurable experience playing a warrior, especially for people who arent quite as talented combining all these diverse mechanics, like talents, skills choices, weapon choices, etc together.

in Warrior

Yojack.7082

Thanks green! These threads started back in the beta of Wow. I was a rogue and at that time there was hardly any info coming out of beta with the nda etc. I have never been one to take beta info and then exploit it when launch comes so at that time I was posting in forums telling people how to spec there rogue and things to avoid upon launch to save gold etc. After thousands of posts and translations into chinese and german I concluded there were a lot more people who needed the help or had a desire to gain more knowledge about their class to enjoy the game more…..and so the Yojack Build continues… =)

in Warrior

Boonah.5374

I guess ill ask again.

DOES ANYONE HAVE A LINK TO THIS THAT WORKS?

in Warrior

Posted by: Korppi.6481

Korppi.6481

I’m a theorycraft noob when it comes to GW2 but could this build be tweaked for Sword ‘n’ Board or Axe/Axe? Thanks for the thread anyway

PS. I tend to run Dungeons more than anything else

The Almighty Turtles (TaT) -Ring of Fire (EU)

(edited by Korppi.6481)

in Warrior

Korppi.6481

Boonah, the lower link works. The Gw2db one.

in Warrior

Boonah.5374

Boonah, the lower link works. The Gw2db one.

Not for me it doesn’t. Simply thinks a while then says can’t open the webpage and do i want to diagnose the problem.

My internet works for every other website in the history of the internet if that helps. That said my computer simply refuses to open gw2db.com, as does my wifes laptop, my smart phone & her smartphone. /confused.

(edited by Boonah.5374)

in Warrior

Yojack.7082

Sorry boonah, please just cut and paste the first link for best results. So, drag and highlight the entire first link….open a new window on your browser and paste the link to the address bar. Tested and working perfectly….if that doesn’t work….its your comp =(

Was running COF last night and was loving my build even more. Group speed buffs and heals help greatly and to be honest I just kringe when I see a greatsword warrior now because it just screams ME ME bringing nothing to the table except dps….who cares

in Warrior

Korppi.6481

My internet works for every other website in the history of the internet if that helps. That said my computer simply refuses to open gw2db.com, as does my wifes laptop, my smart phone & her smartphone. /confused.

I’m no internet wiz but might the problem lie in your ISP? Only thing I can think of tbh.

in Warrior

Boonah.5374

Hmm I dont suppose it would be too much to ask someone to do the build on a different site that isnt borked for me?

in Warrior

Korppi.6481

Sorry boonah, please just cut and paste the first link for best results. So, drag and highlight the entire first link….open a new window on your browser and paste the link to the address bar. Tested and working perfectly….if that doesn’t work….its your comp =(

Was running COF last night and was loving my build even more. Group speed buffs and heals help greatly and to be honest I just kringe when I see a greatsword warrior now because it just screams ME ME bringing nothing to the table except dps….who cares

Think this build might be viable for Axe/axe if the Quick Breathing was replaced with Lung Capacity and Blademaster with Rending Strikes? Edit: In dungeons that is, don’t really care much about sPvP or WvW

in Warrior

Boonah.5374

Managed to get it working. Looks interesting.

What order do you normally pop your skills/shouts etc?

Give me an example of a boss fight in a dungeon, what order you do stuff

thanks for your guide its pretty sweet!

in Warrior

Yojack.7082

Signet of rage and for great justice I just spam as soon as they are off cd. Bacially thy are just constant boons for me with this build. Shake it off and on my mark are my actives that I use when necessary etc.

in Warrior

Yojack.7082

Ok, tonight while cof farming I actually paid attention to my heals.

signet 205/sec
adrenal 358/3 sec
sigil of blood 438/4 sec (avg)
shout heals 1231 (141/sec avg)

So on average im regenerating 570-590 health per second when actively attacking a target. 20 second fight = 10k worth of extra health. To all the people crying…you dont have + heal, your heals are meh….GG. =)

in Warrior

Posted by: Killer.4709

Killer.4709

as an up and coming worrior i was just wondering how viable this build is for pve cause that is my main focus?

lvl 80 Ele
KnT Commander

in Warrior

Posted by: Kor.3605

Kor.3605

Switched to this build on Friday. I have to say I really like it man. I too enjoyed your Trooper build in swtor. I just like how this build is pretty much great for everything. I love not having to retrain my traits every time I want to do a dungeon or wvw or event chain a zone.

Also its been great in dungeons to be able to switch out on the fly for an axe off hand and just change the warhorn recharge faster trait to the shout version. I flip those around a lot depending on the situation.

thanks again.

in Warrior

Posted by: Bishopp.8421

Bishopp.8421

Yojack,

Thanks for the great guide and insights. Contributors like you enhance the game play
for so many players and you’re often unrecognized.

I’m still new to the warrior (lvl 17) and lvling almost exclusively through PvE though I
welcome WvW (or, as a former DAoC player, RvR).

For the lvling PvE warrior, how would you prioritize traits and skills? For example,
should I max tactics before turning to the other trees or be more balanced (esp. b/w
arms and tactics) as a I lvl?

Similarly, is there a stat preference for armor or should I try to equalize among
power+precision+condition?

Any suggestions on crafting? It seems that going down the Huntsman and Weaponsmith paths will keep me
fairly up to date on weapons. Would a different trade offer a better fit?

in Warrior

Yojack.7082

Hey Kor, yeah I switch out rifle for longbow on keep defenses etc, so its a very tweakable build too.

Bishopp, props to old school daoc player, thats where I got started too. I answered earlier but getting 10 in arms to get the +40 precision per unused signet and then just going signets until about lvl 60 or so is still the best setup for pve leveling. Greatsword is nice, but I still argue this build is better for kiting and having swiftness up for running around which actually makes pve much faster imo.

I have tried it all, but I am still sold on power prec con dmg gear. If you are 80 and not farming COF for the power/prec/com gear then get to it before its nerfed. It is a really cheap way to get a full exotic gear set with very good stats.

Yojack is not a crafter persay and I only do it for either economic reasons (it makes it easier to get rich) or you have to do it to get the best gear (hate that but meh). There are way better guides online for crafting so I will leave that to the guys that like that stuff ;)

in Warrior

Posted by: kyokara.1867

kyokara.1867

Hi! I am level 38 and still new to WvW and sPvP (rank 9) and was using kind of a similar build to this, it was entirely based on the rifle, and the sword/warhorn was just for me to escape (mainly in WvW with leap + speed). I feel much more useful to my group with this build though. I was wondering if you could tell me how to be more effective with it particularly in sPvP. Should I be in the middle of the fray slashing things with my teammates so they get the aoe heals and buffs? Or is it better to stand back + spam buffs and only use the sword when the enemy closes in?
Thank you for the build!!

80 Warrior
2 Mesmer (sPvP only)

in Warrior

Posted by: Overunity.4273

Overunity.4273

Thank you ,your thread give me something to aim for with my characters .

We just want to have fun

in Warrior

Posted by: Unreal.9025

Unreal.9025

Been using GS and signet build to lvl, but always knew that is not viable at 80 for WvW and dungeons.

Have just switched to this build and I am loving it, perma swiftness soooo good in WvW, and group buffs in dungeons are amazing, all without having to respec. Thank you Yojack!

Lvl 80 Charr Warrior, HoD

in Warrior

Posted by: fost.9167

fost.9167

Im nearing 80 and just switched to this build (but swapped out the signet for normal mending, and using a longbow).

Playstyle suits me, but im wondering at 80 what kind of gear you go for to support this… i was thinking knight.

in Warrior

Yojack.7082

Unreal, thank you! Not having to respec is one of the definate perks and is kind of a staple of my builds.

Fost, I prefer prec/power/con dmg……your surivivability comes from 100% end regen for more dodges and heals over time (see above for the break down) stats wise I go for dps and love it. I was tanking COF last night just fine with no vit or toughness gear. Warhorn “5” gives a buff that makes all non crits glance you. THIS IS HUGE for damage mitigation. Everytime I see a shield warrior I just think….nub. Its natural to assume shield means tank…..but its not the case imo here.

in Warrior

Posted by: mozi.8549

mozi.8549

Thx for the build yojack. i realized the awesomeness of the horn early on but could not settle on a build/playstyle till I read this thread. loving the sword and horn.

Got a question, have you considered taking the last 10 points out of tactics and putting them into strength for beserker power? Im mostly focused on wvw and spvp. the idea is to stay at max addren since the burst skills of sword and rifle have some big drawbacks in pvp. do you think losing the heals on the 3 shouts you have traited would be worth a constant (almost anyway) 12% damage? side bonus is the extra dodges horn gives damage foes, anyone know how much the damage is?

in Warrior

Posted by: Strife.4956

Strife.4956

Must say I re speced to this build last night & my god was it fun.
I am currently running with with 6 piece berserker armour the 2 Sigils you listed and i will get some Condition Jewellery I think.
My regular dungeon group were over the moon with my new support pew pew build.
Thanks Yojack for all the fun

GrimmWullf – 80 Warrior, DU
Arkktos – 80 Thief, DU
Down Under Guild – Stormbluff Isle

in Warrior

Yojack.7082

Mozi, you are giving up survivability in heals and boon duration to add more power and 12% damage. Its a fair trade if you want more dps, but your going to be much squishier. The damage from the roll is about 1k and it pretty hard to land and not worth trying to actually focus on vs just being in better position against a foe.

YW Strife =)

in Warrior

Posted by: Overunity.4273

Overunity.4273

As soon as I did this build ,Orr became a much easier place to farm ,before with greatsword/rifle I was spending more time killing stuff i didn’t want to kill.
Now it’s remove conditions and run with no 4 horn ability .
Remove condition and run with the signets one removes conditions and the elite is 30 seconds of sprint ,so even for farming densely populated areas for materials this is perfect .

Thank you so much for your theory crafting skill and expertise I’am having so much more fun now.
I accidentally got tanking a boss and normally its get back to range as soon as possible ,but I could not believe that for quite a while my health virtually never budges and like you said between spamming no 5 horn and the full adrenal burst that immobilises it gave everyone a chance to dps without kiting ,I still had to get away for a bit while them two abilities recharge .

We just want to have fun

in Warrior

Posted by: poochythedog.6749

poochythedog.6749

I’ll love to give this build a try. What sort of stats are you looking to use on weapons/armor?

in Warrior

Alex.4186

what you think to use rampager on armor and weapon but carrion on jewelry? you lose 6% crit chance, and while still being over 90% crit you gain some more life
i’m in my way to make up gold to obtain full orange, but i want to besure before i buy the gear

in Warrior

Yojack.7082

The core of the build is untouchable imo for overall flexibility and fun. As far as gear is concerned, of course tweak to taste. Want more vitality, lose some con damage….there are going to be tradeoffs but right now I am very happy with rampager and I don’t feel squishy at all while doing max dps possible for the build gear wise.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ryouzanpaku.1273

Ryouzanpaku.1273

Nice build.
Have you expirienced bug in Blademaster trait? (Arms VIII) it does nothing for me – no incerase in crit chance when equiping sword with this trait

Player plays the game. MetaKitten plays the DPS meter on the golem.

in Warrior

Yojack.7082

I can say that it does not show up in the character screen and i don’t see the increase from 5% sigil on my warhorn…..but based on the fact that every time I swing its a crit….i think its working

in Warrior

Posted by: KillerCore.5738

KillerCore.5738

Hey Yojack thanks for sharing your thoughts and build. I see you use the rampager set with soldier runes? what do you have on your accesoires (might have missed it through reading this topic, if so sorry =p)

in Warrior

Posted by: Ryouzanpaku.1273

Ryouzanpaku.1273

I can say that it does not show up in the character screen and i don’t see the increase from 5% sigil on my warhorn…..but based on the fact that every time I swing its a crit….i think its working

Well – my base crit with sword is 54% and because fury uptime is really high it is 74% most of the time (which shows on char screen)…. tbh I am not able to recognize difference between 74% and 84% crit chance while playing without parser…
Anyway – bugged this ingame so hopefully it will get fixed.

Player plays the game. MetaKitten plays the DPS meter on the golem.

in Warrior

Yojack.7082

Yeah Ryou, without parsing you cant be 100% sure and there are definately a lot of bugged traits. The rifle trait doesnt lower cooldowns etc. But running at 98% crit…it just “feels” right in that I hardly ever miss a crit.

in Warrior

Posted by: niedawow.6725

niedawow.6725

Thanks for the build, Yojack. Realy enjoying it.

Short question of general nature – the warhorn, it does no offhand damage at all? It seems to me this way, because I am doing way more damage with axe as offhand.

The loss in DPS is compensated by the two abilities of the warhorn?

Gimpo Exitus – proud guardian