Yojack's Min/Max, home of the Yojack Build 2012 for GW2

in Warrior

Posted by: Stynard.8914

Stynard.8914

Thank you for your post Yojack.
I have googled, duckduckgo’d, and /wiki but I can not find how to get sigil of blood. Is this something a crafter can make?

in Warrior

Posted by: BioMECH.2368

BioMECH.2368

Yojack from SWTOR! I remember you on TCB; always had fun going up against you esp. when you tore me a new one in Illum. Good to see you here, man.

-Creo, Sith Jug

in Warrior

Posted by: Lala Calamari.6170

Lala Calamari.6170

Thanks Yojack for this build, it worked incredibly well in WvWvW for me last night. I’ve been a level 80 warrior debating on builds for awhile now and finally settled on this (I was mainly waiting on gold to buy the proper gear). I love the fact that I have a constant speed buff and while being pretty tough and doing solid damage at the same time.

in Warrior

Posted by: Yojack.7082

Yojack.7082

Stynard, the sigils are crafted and you can buy them off of the trading post.

Creo, sup man! I miss swtor to be honest and wish that game would have just implemented some real world pvp. I would still be playing and may go back once its f2p.

Home of Yojack’s Min/Max and the Yojack Build!

in Warrior

Stynard.8914

Thanks Yojack. Do you happen to know which crafting type makes them?

in Warrior

Posted by: Azrexx.5469

Azrexx.5469

This is a very good build, I have been using it quite some time.

Aurora Glade

in Warrior

Posted by: Findecano.8124

Findecano.8124

It’s an interesting build. Although nobody probably reads this far, I would recommend not going this spec unless you have armor with condition damage. This might be fairly obvious, but if you don’t have the money to re-gear and are looking for an alternative: this is fun but not extremely effective without +bleeds.

Cheers to a versatile build nonetheless

? Creator of Thunderlord

in Warrior

Posted by: Shurimpu.2048

Shurimpu.2048

Thanks for the build, Yojack. Been running similar (10 str, 30 def, 30 tactics, GS Longbow with shouts), but I think yours would be better for damage.

One question, though. It’s been reported that there’s a bug with warriors, specifically:

" Tactics – Quick Breathing: Doesn’t convert a condition into a boon (cooldown reduction applies properly)."

Does anyone have any experience with this? It doesn’t seem TOO crippling, but I want to know before I retrait.

Edit: Also, what stats do you focus on weapons/armor? I’m going Power/Vit/Toughness to ensure maximum survivability, and as it is, I’m hard as hell to put down. (Even in WvWvW, if I focus on escaping, I can get away from like 6 people. Of course, your condition removals and swiftness should help more, but GS also had strong movement abilities. Hm.)

Edit Edit: All heals are good, and I see you seem to prefer healing signet/mending. However, considering I tend to keep all of my adrenaline up (Adrenal health), I use healing surge. Your thoughts? Is changing worth it? Sorry I’m asking like twelve questions in one post.

Kjaerand Gramvalda – Warrior – Maguuma

(edited by Shurimpu.2048)

in Warrior

Posted by: Deria.9158

Deria.9158

Quick Breathing seems to work; conditions are definitely being converted into boons. I think that the bug that people are reporting is that SOME conditions don’t get converted because they are being removed by the ability first (so instead of a removal and a conversion, you get a removal only).

in Warrior

Posted by: Obfuscate.1375

Obfuscate.1375

Bishopp, props to old school daoc player, thats where I got started too. I answered earlier but getting 10 in arms to get the +40 precision per unused signet and then just going signets until about lvl 60 or so is still the best setup for pve leveling. Greatsword is nice, but I still argue this build is better for kiting and having swiftness up for running around which actually makes pve much faster imo.

I want to also thank you (Yojack and other thoughtful contributors for this positive reading experience. Its SO refreshing to see constructive material on an MMO forum.

I’m new to the game .. about three weeks now.. I have taken several classes to lvl 10 and my warrior to lvl 18.. I am planning to stick with the warrior as my first lvl 80. I am hopnig somone here in this thread can help me map out a quick route to lvl 80 as a warrior.

as ill be 20 soon I have been working toward the advice here to go with signet build starting with 10 traits in arms and get +40 precision per unused signet.

Can i get some advice as to where to go from there .. 20-30, 30-40, etc.?

Also where should i concentrate during those levels? All PVE? WvWvW? Dungeons?

Thanks in advance =)

“It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.” – Jack Handy

in Warrior

Posted by: Deria.9158

Deria.9158

I am hopnig somone here in this thread can help me map out a quick route to lvl 80 as a warrior.

There is no need to rush to 80 — in fact, if you do, you’ll be doing yourself a dis-service. As for what to do, in general you should do whatever you find enjoyable but specifically you can zoom the map out and you’ll see each section labeled with the level range intended for that area; just pick one that you fit into and go. I would personally suggest avoiding dungeons until you’re comfortable with the idea of repeated, painful death. I haven’t done WvWvW or PvP yet (and I’ve been 80 for a little while) but I would think that of the two WvWvW would be the most interesting experience. Unless your server is like mine, anyway, where one of the worlds controls 99% of the map and the other two have < 1%.

Don’t forget tradeskills, by the way. You can -easily- get quite a few levels just by working up your tradeskills. I’m pretty sure I got at least 10 levels just doing my cooking and armoursmithing.

in Warrior

Posted by: Obfuscate.1375

Obfuscate.1375

@Deria Thanks for your input Sounds as if you prefer PVE to level … When i said where to go from there I didn’t mean where on the map
I should be more specific and ask what traits to follow in which order to maximize the effect of this build during the leveling up process.

Finally is there any advantage to WvW for getting exp ?

m(_ _)m

“It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.” – Jack Handy

in Warrior

Posted by: citizenErased.2013

citizenErased.2013

thanks Yojack. i use a very similar setup, main difference being i generally favor longbow over rifle. partly playstyle, partly self-combo, partly aoe vs. single target, partly cos the rifle bang bang boom does my head in after about 5 minutes (yes i know about the mute feature).

i was wondering tho, how your adrenaline generation feels? in my build i use the Arms trait ‘furious’ for extra adrenaline on crits and since our bars are mostly filled with shouts, “inspiring shouts” from Discipline seemed obvious. i’m yet to decide if this feels overkill, but so much of my dmg comes from dropping bow burst as quickly as possible, switching, and controlling my opponent to maximise burns and bleeds. although my build falls short of taking “fast hands” i rarely feel like i have too much adrenaline. in my tests “embrace pain” felt the weakest of the adrenaline boosts.

in Warrior

Posted by: Exercise.5106

Exercise.5106

Yojack, how do you feel about replacing on my mark with bulls charge? Also, using rune of lyssa instead of the soldier runes?

in Warrior

Posted by: Badwrong.3596

Badwrong.3596

Interesting build. I’ve fought people with it a few times, had no issues killing them and I’m using my own defensive build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNAS8ejgONvtQWPMxBE0jqIL2CVB4I9QMGw0A;T8AgzytEaJ1StlSLqsMZJyymlLLZWrBGgs/A

I’m guessing this build just isn’t good against defensive builds that have tons of condition removal, healing and mitigation? With only 1 stun breaker I just can’t compete with the amount of CC my build has, it can’t run away either.

Or is it just a PVE only build?

in Warrior

Yojack.7082

Obfuscate, yup just enjoy the leveling experience by doing pve imo (fastest leveling) and queue for eternal borderlands for when you get a little bored of heart filling and want to do some pvp. Either way you level extremely fast in this game.

Citizen, I hardly use my finisher so I usually am running with full adrenaline anyway taking advantage of better health regen and always having it ready to use a kill shot when I switch to rifle or the very underrated sword finisher with huge bleed and root.

Exersize, I leveled with lyssa macroing it to my 1 attack so it would just spam. It was actually kitten good for pve with health regen and protection for a few seconds. However, it was too random and not a good slot choice imo for lvl 80.

Badwrong, your build seems more suited for spvp and is very 1 dimensional for my tastes. The Yojack Build is a great overall core build for wvw, pve and spvp with many advantages for all situations without having to respec. If you take my build and add fear me instead of on my mark your only advantage imo is a couple of seconds of stun. Again 1vs1 you may be able to cc….but good luck while I am kiting the hell out of you LOL. I am glad your build works for your playstyle but ill stick with mine for now

in Warrior

Badwrong.3596

Badwrong, your build seems more suited for spvp and is very 1 dimensional for my tastes. The Yojack Build is a great overall core build for wvw, pve and spvp with many advantages for all situations without having to respec. If you take my build and add fear me instead of on my mark your only advantage imo is a couple of seconds of stun. Again 1vs1 you may be able to cc….but good luck while I am kiting the hell out of you LOL. I am glad your build works for your playstyle but ill stick with mine for now

That link I posted is my WvW build. In large groups it can snag a target and ensure the kill for people doing damage. Its extremely defensive and one aspect of it is goin out of my way to be the focus of enemy attacks and bait cooldowns.

There is no way your build could kite mine, there just isn’t enough CC removal to deal with the stuns and constant cripple/root. Like I said originally, I’ve fought against your exact same build and its beaten by a that defensive spec. Every build has some counter to it. However yours lacks balance stance, my procs it automatically. Your healing is going to be low, so taking the “healing shouts” is a waste. Its a good all around build, which seems to be your goal, but its spread very thin due to this.

Properly timed cooldowns from my build mean you will see this string of CC repeated on you: root > cripple > stun > root > chill > knockdown > root > cripple > knockback > stun > etc….
Thats why the weakness to my build is anything with high uptime on stability. Its cool that you are proud of your build, but one of the first things to do when making a build is to figure out how to counter it.

(edited by Badwrong.3596)

in Warrior

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

I didn’t think the Yojack build was intended for PvP.

It’s a good “run-around general gameplay regen” build centered on bleeds that makes solo PvE a breeze and adapts sufficiently to dungeons (although you have to watch the bleed stacks), but it isn’t critically effective for any specific thing in WvW or sPvP. It’s very generalist.

E.g. damage is too low to kill people in WvW, it has CC for WvW. Too soft / not enough CC to win a dangerous 1v1 encounter in WvW or to frontline in a large-scale fight. In sPvP it would have low damage output due to the more consistent player builds with condition removals. It’s pretty far from a bunker build, and it has 0 burst for roaming.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

in Warrior

Badwrong.3596

Well this line is in his original post: “This build is definately viable both pve and wvw and imo the best overall choice for survivability, group play and utility while still just being a BEAST one vs one =)”

That’s the only reason I bothered to post a counter to it, because his build is not what I would call survivable at all in PVP.

(edited by Badwrong.3596)

in Warrior

Posted by: Samurro.1463

Samurro.1463

At first I’d like thank Yojack for bringing this build to the forums. I didn’t clone it, but I used the part of the Tactic tait decisions coupled with using a warhorn in the offhand.

I for myself love to use axe and I think its the strongest 1h weap there is. I also hate bleeds and DoTs in generell, more from a PvP standpoint because burst damage>dps. So my current Trait build includes 25 Points into Strength for the main Axe traits.

Although I am not sure that the 15 point defense Ttrait is worth those 5 points. The life regen seems to tick every 5 seconds and is far from making you very tanky or more durable, imo.

Still I love the combination of healing shouts with condition conversing warhorn skills. And I am also not sure about Shake It Off/Soldier Runes, because you have enough condition removal with your warhorn skills. But I would rather switch in SIO for Fear Me than using Soldier Runes, definitely not worth it.

in Warrior

citizenErased.2013

@Samurro, i totally disagree with your last comment. imo soldier runes allow you to gear more offensively, especially if you take -20% shout cooldown. i’m not sure that you can ever have too much condition removal. if you’re going to be using a shout based build, why would you not take soldier?

if anything the emphasis on healing is the questionable choice for me, as Badwrong said, healing with no cleric gear is going to be weak. don’t get me wrong, some healing is better than no healing, but such is the nature of a build that tries to be good at everything.

in Warrior

Yojack.7082

I understand your points Badwrong and I appreciate you bringing them up here. Of course if there was one end all be all spec it would get nerfed to kingdom come. When in wvw and traveling in a pack, shout heals ARE a great bonus and I am really tired of the no healing = bad healing argument. If I have regen and lifesteal and healing shouts against someone who doesnt ….well….I will let you do the math. All that being said I really can’t ever see doing wvw without specing for some sort of range. It just seems horribly selfish and one sided and not TEAM oriented at all. Not saying the build is good or bad, its more of a philosophical question of playstyle, game mechanics and playing for the groups success instead of the individuals.

in Warrior

Samurro.1463

@Erased
In my build there are much better runes than Soldier runes which just add more condition removal, heck my example with Shack It Off was clear I thought. When you need more con removal than Shack It Off + Warhorn delivers, you are doing it wrong! Never have seen any scenario where I thought for myself “heck if I had more condition removal right now, I would perform better.”

On a different note you question the usefulness of Shout heals. The gain of cleric gear has the same effect like using Soldier runes, you marginaly increase your effectiveness in one area of the build and kitten yourself in others…

EDIT:
For the love of god, use a different build editor than gw2skills.net, I even copied Badwrongs link and still got a bugged link. guildhead gw2db etc….

EDIT2:
After qouting and copying the link it worked. Again such a one role build which can only do one thing good and brings close to nothing else to the table in terms of beeing useful/effective.

All you seem to do with your build is beeing hard to kill and trying to cripple as much as possible and waiting for your teammates going for the kills?
Shrug It Off + Shake It Off + Runes of the Soldier….srsly?

(edited by Samurro.1463)

in Warrior

citizenErased.2013

well i guess in a way i counter my own argument when i say that i personally don’t use “shrug it off” since that probably would feel like too much condition removal (to me). i can’t agree tho that having warhorn removal is reliable enough to invalidate soldier runes. with no “fast hands” i’d potentially be compromising range advantage in a pvp encounter in order to swap out to sword/horn to remove a condition, when i could just shout it off. i love warhorn removal when i’ve used all my immobilize/cc options but for me lacking fast hands its not consistent enough by itself. with no strength tree investment, mending often only removes movement impair leaving me poison/burn/bleed etc. shake it off removing two conditions doesn’t often feel wasteful to me.

i’m still playing around with ideas for my own setup. considering swapping full arms for full defense traits and gearing full rampager (bow/sword/horn) and getting either melandru or a more offensive rune set, perhaps playing with +stance duration instead of shouts.

in Warrior

Badwrong.3596

I understand your points Badwrong and I appreciate you bringing them up here. Of course if there was one end all be all spec it would get nerfed to kingdom come. When in wvw and traveling in a pack, shout heals ARE a great bonus and I am really tired of the no healing = bad healing argument. If I have regen and lifesteal and healing shouts against someone who doesnt ….well….I will let you do the math. All that being said I really can’t ever see doing wvw without specing for some sort of range. It just seems horribly selfish and one sided and not TEAM oriented at all. Not saying the build is good or bad, its more of a philosophical question of playstyle, game mechanics and playing for the groups success instead of the individuals.

I carry a bow, warhorn, and greatsword with me. My actual combat weapons are hammer + sword/shield. If I need to use a bow I swap it out of combat.

When I travel I swap the shield to the warhorn for speed, then swap to the greatsword for the dash, then swap back to use sword leap. Its extremely mobile when travelling.

My build and playstyle is extremely mobile. I’m always the one in my guild pushing the front line. Jumping into their lines, fearing and using shield block is a great way to make people scatter. Follow that up with hammer AOE stuns and cripples, and my team has a huge advantage.

Starting this video at 3:45
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dAwJ3QYr37k#t=224s
you can see we were pushed back into a tower and the enemies setup a treb. The video is from someone elses perspective, but you will notice me, the big norn warrior pushing them back with endure pain/fear bomb. The moment the guy filming jumps off the wall is right after I told them in vent to charge. As you can see we push them all the way back to the treb they had going. So my build is very team oriented.

I agree there is no, best builds, there are weaknesses to everything if you spec for it. Thats where teams come into play, and everyone tries to cover each others weaknesses.

in Warrior

Samurro.1463

My build and playstyle is extremely mobile.

How does your build offer mobility, care to explain? All your build does is beeing a good WvWvW iniator waiting for the cleanup zerg.

There is nothing wrong with that, everybody can play how he wants. But stating your build is somewhat better for anything else than WvWvW is not true imo.

I also think that a wellplayed Yojack build is far more usefull in a organized WvWvW group compared to your humping dumping cripple machine.

in Warrior

Badwrong.3596

Sword leap, earthquake, SoR, all offer mobility. The large amount of condition means breaking roots and cripples on me. I’ve fought yojacks build 1v1, it doesn’t have enough cc/condition removal to kite my build.

I also never said my build is good for PVE. In fact for PVE I change a lot of things. This is a WvW initiator build. The number one thing a lot of WvW groups lack is good initiation/chasing. Most commonly battles have a bunch of dudes standing at range and taking turns backing off when they are low HP. With my build I am able to jump into the enemy line and serve them back to my team.

You missed what I was addressing in the first place, which was his original post said it was the best overall survivability in WvW. I’m not arguing any other points of his build, just that it doesn’t bring the same amount of team support and survivability as the defensive initiator type that I posted.

in Warrior

EasymodeX.4062

I also think that a wellplayed Yojack build is far more usefull in a organized WvWvW group compared to your humping dumping cripple machine.

The only useful thing that build does in WvW is to immobilize targets with the sword burst.

The damage output is poor, the shout heals are minor — useful, to be sure, but in a very passive and uninteresting fashion (it’s not as useful as any class dropping a water field). The highlight of the build is its cyclical condition removal, although a light field or two is basically as good as the entire build.

The good part of the Yojack build is its coherent and well-employed mechanics for PvE. E.g. it’s the type of build I would actually make.

For WvW you want builds that:

1. Instantly kill someone. Glass cannon Berserker GS, Rifle.
2. Abuse mechanics to deal a lot of trollish sustain damage to a lot of players. Axe 5 + dodge + combo fields / Longbow + teammates. E.g. not a kill build or a #4 build, but sustains a lot of AOE damage while living. I probably wouldn’t run this build though … ever.
3. One banner kitten per zerg.
4. Initiate and walk into the crossfire of 30 players with CC and burst mitigation to soak attacks and move the line of scrimmage, and ideally break it. The dumbest part about pug WvW is that players will not choose to run or dive. They sit there and sit there, uselessly. Players that have push builds will break a standoff.

in Warrior

Samurro.1463

The only useful thing that build does in WvW is to immobilize targets with the sword burst.

AoE Condition Bon-convert/removal + Swiftness + Fury + Might + marginal Heals Buffbot? Hello? Your banner kitten can stay home if somebody uses Yojackbuild he would be 100x more useful.

(edited by Samurro.1463)

in Warrior

Badwrong.3596

So its a wanna be guardian that’s less effective at what it does?

The shout-healing-boon-conversion guardian specs do the same stuff, but with MUCH more effect and stability. The only time the build in this thread will give stability is on boon conversion, and that’s not something you can rely on to escape a situation.

Really… if buffing the group is one of the major points, not having a 100% reliable stability buff is not good.

in Warrior

EasymodeX.4062

AoE Condition Bon-convert/removal + Swiftness + Fury + Might + marginal Heals Buffbot? Hello? Your banner kitten can stay home if somebody uses Yojackbuild he would be 100x more useful.

Woohoo, AOE condition removal like it matters, and when it matters you can just use a Light field from your neighborhood Guardian or Mesmer! Not to mention everyone should have condition removal anyways. Even the scrubbier players in WvW.

It’s certainly useful, but not really critical. Fury, Might? Really? I didn’t realize this was the only Warrior build that managed to piece those boons together. Sustained perma Fury? Why the hell do you need more than 10 seconds of Fury in WvW? Relevant TTK should be in the 2-6 seconds. SOR alone provides more Fury than you’ll ever need in WvW.

Heals? Water field? Heals? 3k heals? Lol. Shout spam is good for Claw of Jormag, not really significant in WvW.

Swiftness? I didn’t know this build was the only one that could use a Warhorn, but I might be mistaken.

All that said, the point is that you can build to “feel-good”, or you can build to win in WvW. AOE Immobilize on a short cooldown makes you win. Endure Pain + CC makes you win. 20k burst damage wins. Buffing dozens of people with tons of stats is lame, but will help win. “FEAR ME!” wins. The Warhorn trait is actually up there in terms of things that are really potent. The rest of the build … shrug.

There are capabilities that help you win, and then there are capabilities that help you run around in circles while the enemy runs around in circles. Most of the Yojack build focuses on the latter with regards to WvW, although it does it well.

in Warrior

Yojack.7082

OK Yojack time! First this thread was able to make it 4.5 pages without trolling so I have to ask we keep it constructive. This thread is not for you if you 1) already have a build, 2) consider yourself elite gaming pro and don’t need help 3) Just here to troll and say mine is better yours is bad etc.

Every build can have its time to shine in a certain enviorment. Everytime I read this thread or warrior threads in general I am looking for an edge, a build, a tactic to up my game. Every time I wvw I love my build and it works for me exceedingly well with my guild/group/team and arguing that it isnt effective or “I have fought this build and won” is absolutely ignorant. Skill + gear + effective build/playstyle determines the “winnar”.

Thank you for continuing to post ideas, counters and intelligent arguments to improving the game of all who read the thread, otherwise please dont come back……you are already to good and don’t need this thread to get better

in Warrior

Yojack.7082

Back on topic, for pve I have on my mark equipped, but trade it out for fear me when I rvr because it is much more useful obviously. Even though I hate anything with longer then a 1 min cd, its utility for the group is unmatched with our other choices.

in Warrior

Posted by: Winzzy.9435

Winzzy.9435

I will speak into the whole you don’t need that much condition removal… I run full soldier runes and man, I love the condition removal. First of all it lets me use shout cooldown reduction instead of warhorn if I want, second… having massive amounts of condition removal is the only way to escape a zerg. I have played this build in WvWvW without the runes and I wasn’t nearly as effective at getting away from the edge of the zerg when needed.

The only problem is now its going to be hard for me to try any other type of warrior than a shout removal build. =(

in Warrior

Posted by: Kerri Knight.3168

Kerri Knight.3168

I sniffed this build out when preparing to roll a Warrior, myself. Glad to know I’m in good company! :9

My slight alterations will be a 2 Monk/2 Water/2 Krait. This gives a 60% up-time on the 6-stack might overlap from FGJ and potentially 100% up-time on warhorn boons (ideally). Adding a Sigil of Agony to the rifle takes the bleed stacking capability even higher, to a full 14 seconds (50% Deep Cuts, 15% Krait, 10% Sigil 8*1.75=14).

I tend to prefer the support role and find myself on back line in the field (unless helping with a push to revive allies) or up on the walls, so I tend to prefer Battle Standard and sometimes may even sub in another banner for On My Mark since I’m not with an organized WvW guild and rarely in on any kind of disciplined assist train.

Not being 80 yet, I’m still pondering the possibility of squeezing some heal power in somewhere, but with the adjustment that was recently made(?) I may reconsider that. Also considering keeping a longbow handy for siege situations, maybe even an offhand sword for situational use (Impale and Riposte bleeds would last an insane 19s, 21 with Agony), that may be more of a PvE thing than WvW.

Excellent build all-around, though. It isn’t a trainwreck/powerhouse type build, but it is loads of fun (even at my level) with a more casual/skirmishing type of strategy where the key is staying on the roam and snagging map points quickly or surprise flanking a gate assault in progress.

(edited by Kerri Knight.3168)

in Warrior

Posted by: Green Machine.3710

Green Machine.3710

Thanks Yojack for this fantastic build.

I have a question because I’m confused over the jewelry choices that the build editors dont really show. What do you use for PvE jewely? The links to the build editor just Rampager amulet and rampager jewel. Does that work in PvE too, or just PvP?

Thanks and sorry if this is obvious, was trying to look for what the link shows on the trading post, but think they are only PvP rewards which I thought did not work in PvE.

Thanks again!

in Warrior

Posted by: Einherion.7043

Einherion.7043

I am a complete noob when it comes to warrior. However, the crit interests me. Where is all this crit coming from?

in Warrior

Kerri Knight.3168

Einherion.7043

I am a complete noob when it comes to warrior. However, the crit interests me. Where is all this crit coming from?

Fury from FGJ 20%
Blademaster from Arms trait line 10%
Sigil of Accuracy on the Warhorn 5%

in Warrior

Posted by: Einherion.7043

Einherion.7043

Einherion.7043

Fury from FGJ 20%
Blademaster from Arms trait line 10%
Sigil of Accuracy on the Warhorn 5%

is the rest of the crit (up to 98%) from gear? Precision gear, correct?

in Warrior

Yojack.7082

I love Crit. I may even get a bumper sticker and a t-shirt. I have always liked crit builds all the way from vanilla wow beta. The reason I went for rampager is not for bleed stacking persay. I wanted the highest crit possible without going over 100% and without sacrificing dps. With rampager you get the highest precision possible while still getting decent power. The con damage makes your bleeds good enough that targets WILL blow cds to remove them which is GOOD. You can reapply at will with the Yojack Build while still hitting the target with good “white” damage because of the high crit rate. If your bleeds are insignificant or you go axes and dont have any bleeds whatsoever….then your target can just sit on all his cd’s and you are unable to “force his hand”. The constant pressure I can keep on a target from either ranged or melee is formidable and while not super bursty it is a great combo of bleeds for when they kite and solid direct damage from constant crits. Dps uptime is superior and that is always an underrated component of any build.

in Warrior

Badwrong.3596

OK Yojack time! First this thread was able to make it 4.5 pages without trolling so I have to ask we keep it constructive. This thread is not for you if you 1) already have a build, 2) consider yourself elite gaming pro and don’t need help 3) Just here to troll and say mine is better yours is bad etc.

Every build can have its time to shine in a certain enviorment. Everytime I read this thread or warrior threads in general I am looking for an edge, a build, a tactic to up my game. Every time I wvw I love my build and it works for me exceedingly well with my guild/group/team and arguing that it isnt effective or “I have fought this build and won” is absolutely ignorant. Skill + gear + effective build/playstyle determines the “winnar”.

Thank you for continuing to post ideas, counters and intelligent arguments to improving the game of all who read the thread, otherwise please dont come back……you are already to good and don’t need this thread to get better

Eh, I was trying to give some counters and feedback to your build, you seem to not be open to the idea that it doesn’t do everything you say. Which is fine, but just be aware that saying “min/max” means you are giving the best possible thing for a given situation. When I read your first post, it says its the best survivability for WvW… which is just plain wrong.

A problem this causes is other people wont think for themselves and you could lead them wrong. You claim a lot of things, but then when someone gives a counter you get a bit defensive.

Of course one major problem with MMOs in general is that people actually need help to spec their character. Reading tooltips and contemplating how each trait can work with skills/weapons isn’t something I would rely on others for. It would be more helpful to guide people on how to discover good builds on their own… instead, the message I get from you is “this is the best build period”

And of course anyone you don’t agree with is just going to be considered a “troll”. Its interesting how that term has evolved, it used to be people who specifically posted to cause trouble, now its just anyone who isn’t in 100% agreement with someone else.

in Warrior

Posted by: Revanssi.4623

Revanssi.4623

Badwrong – Just to toss this out, I don’t believe that anyone has a problem with your points that the build may not be the best in all circumstances, or that certain builds may or may not have an advantage over it. Rather, the approach you took in communicating your view point.

What I’ve gotten from this thread since making a warrior is that the build is a generalists build, not that it is the “best” in all given situations. Instead, it’s “good” in all situations and most importantly, it is FUN to play. I can attest that it is indeed very fun to play and I don’t feel overly weak against anyone. As a note – I started a warrior and went from 1-80 (full exotic gear) using this spec. With that said, my I also have an 80 guardian (full exotics) running a hammer build and it has huge advantages over Yojacks build in certain situations, so I can see where you’re coming from. Nothings perfect.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kagoshima Josh.5412

Kagoshima Josh.5412

Just want to add my thanks for posting this build, Yojack.

I’d been running full signet greatsword for leveling, WvW, everything. It was ok, but nothing special.

I’ve just specced into this (only lvl 60 currently) and everything is about 1000% more fun! Running around in PvE is amazing due to speed buff and everything is dps’d down just as fast as with greatsword! I’m shocked.

Also, just tried WvW for 10 minutes – a large group had be sieging a castle for an hour, and they kept getting pushed back. I’m not saying my presence was the reason we ended up getting the castle in 10 minutes, but I was running around, buffing everyone, not getting even close to getting killed myself. I felt very tanky, yet had good pressure due to bleeds. Rezzing folks seemed easier/quicker too.

I’m in love with Warrior all over again!

Arnold is Numero Uno

in Warrior

Yojack.7082

Badwrong, at this point I have to assume you are just trolling or unable to read. in my first post I stated “This build is definately viable both pve and wvw and imo the best overall choice for survivability, group play and utility while still just being a BEAST one vs one”. This in no way grammatically implies it is the best for survivibility. Key words here are its viable….and an overall build, not a its best at this or that. I won’t even address any of your other comments at this point because you aren’t adding anything worthwhile other then spam and flames. You are welcome to start your own thread or add your insightful comments some where else because obviously you aren’t here to gain any knowledge or make your gameplay better….you are already better then all of us here.

Kagoshima: Thanks and glad you are having fun with the build, I know I love wvw using it too!

in Warrior

Posted by: andreasels.3918

andreasels.3918

Hey Yojack, thanks for the build Idea. I am using it aswell, even I wear a way more defensive armor (Soldiers Armor, Knight’s Weapon + Rings, Valkyrie Earrings/Amulet + all Jewels), which makes me really tanky with this.

Anyway, what I wanted to suggest is to use Berserker’s Jewels, since compared to raw attributes, the crit damage on those is much higher than on other items.

Example:
1H weapon: 90 main attribute, 64 minor attribute, 5% crit damage (instead of minor) -> 0,078125% crit damage per Attribute
Jewel: 25 main attribute, 15 minor attribute, 3% crit damage -> 0,2% crit damage per Attribute

This means that the ratio on jewels is 2,56 times as high as on a 1H weapon for example.

So on jewels in more or less every build it is the best to use crit damage -> use Valkyrie or Berserker’s there.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sivi.2437

Sivi.2437

Hi Yojack ty for this awesome build. I’m still lvling my warrior and feeling great being able to acctualy contribute as a support, instead being just dps. Can u tell me where and when i can obtain rampage set?

Life is a glitch

in Warrior

Badwrong.3596

I’ll just separate the words you seem to be mixing up which makes you contradict yourself:

imo the best overall choice for survivability

This in no way grammatically implies it is the best for survivibility.

Is english your native language? I could understand if its not, and word order is different. I’ve taken some different languages and work with french, german, dutch, italian and various other nationalities… so I see english sentences being out of order and can fully understand something gets lost in translation.

What you put however, to an english speaking person, read: “imo the best overall choice for survivability”

You put “viable” way before it and your last post seems to claim it means something else? Weird.

And no, I’m not trolling and you might want to learn what that term really means in a forum (hint: someone pointing out you’re wrong is not trolling). I really do see the need to point out what is wrong with your build, because I see other people considering it a good build. Your thread title says min/max… this is anything but that. Its a mixed and varied leveling build, thats it. It does nothing else well and would be a terrible choice for WvW. If someone feels they are doing good with it in WvW, then they will be amazed at what actual good builds can do. The problem though, is that so many MMO players are not able to simply read the tooltips and theorycraft a build on their own. So subpar builds like the one you post actually end up getting used. Its an interesting cycle…

in Warrior

EasymodeX.4062

It’s a significant step up from 5x Signet.

Just saying.

in Warrior

Stynard.8914

Yojack, thank you again for posting this build. Though others may not ‘agree’ with you, you have provided a well thought out build option, while others have not, but seem to claim yours is not good.
It is easy to be critical but to put yourself out there with information coupled with experience often tends to attract negative responses from those that can’t.
Thank you.
Still would like to know which crafting type can craft superior sigil of blood. i.e, amorsmithing?

in Warrior

Kerri Knight.3168

Yojack, thank you again for posting this build. Though others may not ‘agree’ with you, you have provided a well thought out build option, while others have not, but seem to claim yours is not good.
It is easy to be critical but to put yourself out there with information coupled with experience often tends to attract negative responses from those that can’t.
Thank you.
Still would like to know which crafting type can craft superior sigil of blood. i.e, amorsmithing?

From what discussions I have seen, they are random drop only, not craftable.