Yojack's Min/Max, home of the Yojack Build 2012 for GW2

in Warrior

Posted by: Bas.7406

Bas.7406

Yojack, interesting build, and I always enjoyed your posts in WoW and SWTOR. However, I am puzzled by your choice in a few items.

1. Healing shouts with zero healing gear is a bit low. Though I get you use it mainly to clear conditions with the healing being a side effect.

2. You do realize that you adding 30 percent chance to heal allies to multiple weapons is redundant. If you have it on one weapon it applies to all weapons. Such as if you have it on your offhand warhorn you don’t need it on your rifle as it still will proc if you are using your rifle.

Thanks for the information, but I don’t think any build that has less than 2500-2700 armor is great for survival.

in Warrior

Posted by: caelaran.6250

caelaran.6250

Quick question – is there a particular level where it is more viable to switch to this build from the GS signet build?

If not, and leveling under this build is effective early on, what traits should be prioritized?

Thanks in advance!

in Warrior

Posted by: ImmortalZodd.6871

ImmortalZodd.6871

love your build Yojack. I agree with your decision to go for Rampager for high precision and power/condition damage, i think what a lot of people do is think the more damage you can do burst wise the better. But from experience i find it the other way since you won’t always be hitting your target because dodge/out of range having ticks of Condition damage often can seal fights in your favor, because lets face it your enemy isn’t going to stand there like some practice golem and let you burst him down, the smart ones will be dodge rolling ,range and kiting and so on.

one question though, why go mending over the signet passive, we already have so much condition removal that it is bordering on overkill. in long fights which happen quite a lot i prefer the passive heals even if they are not as strong simply for the fact i won’t have to spend cast time to heal when i could be doing damage and using instant shout for condition removal. in long fights i really do prefer the passive heals because psychologically the enemy will think they are just not doing enough damage to you and will run sooner in my experience, also in the 1v2 fights i often have my hands full with just doing enough damage if i would try to cast a heal i feel like they are doing enough damage that it was just a heal wasted because in that one sec they have done roughly 3/4 what that heal gave me (4k-6k damage in a sec is easy with 2 people on you).

I find i am doing more ranged burst/bleed stack than my lvl80 Ranger with full exotic Zerker gear/amulets, mainly cause shortbow is 50/50 with bleed stacking in WvW almost unreliable in solo fights when the enemy is facing you. Its sad but after playing both Ranged warrior > Ranged ranger. some times when i know they are rangers instead of just killing them with my sword i will play the range game and still out burst them, while wiping away there conditions better than they can mine.

again thanks for the build, i love playing WvW again when i was really starting to hate it with my Ranger, and how quickly i would die. now i have enough lasting power to run back from zerg out of combat and quickly run back in with full health all buffs.

in Warrior

Posted by: Yojack.7082

Yojack.7082

Stynard, thanks and yup, I have been dealing with the phenomenon since 2003 wow beta, haters going to hate lol.

Bas, thanks. 1200 heal from shouts is still 1200 health they have to fight through and aoe it can do 10k + healing in one button press….I still like it. Not sure if its a bad link on the builder but I have sigil of blood on main hand only, but if you are saying that I would still get the benefit of the main hand sigil even when swapped to other weapon set….then whoa…incoming tests to see if thats true! (thanks in advance if that is accurate even though inc fix im sure.)

calearan: Roughly about lvl 60-65 is when signet crit builds start fading and then would be an appropriate time to switch builds to what you think you will be using at 80.

Immortal: Thanks and I agree with your first paragraph completely, as I have won many fights with a bleed still ticking while im cc’d etc. I wouldnt recommend a FULL bleed build as dots in pvp are limited of course vs burst…but being able to have both = priceless. Mending vs signet. I love passive healing…but duing most wvw battles having a burst heal available is usually > then hots and you can NEVER have too much con removal It is kind of the sexiness of my build……

Andreasals: I will trust you on the math, and I have said earlier in the thread that the only other set I would consider for an overall build would be berserker. Obviously you can tweak the Yojack Build to taste going more burst, or more tanky but I will let the players playstyle make the decision here. Gear accordingly but I still love the core of the build better then any others I have seen or tried in beta.

Home of Yojack’s Min/Max and the Yojack Build!

(edited by Yojack.7082)

in Warrior

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

cool build. I run the exact same skill loadout but run discipline instead of tactics in my traits (and make up some of the defense lost in gear). I’m focused around rifle burst damage instead of hybridizing with condition damage. It’s fantastic for scoring quick kills but I like your condition removal and heals. Maybe an alternative I can play around with sometime.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ryx.5476

Ryx.5476

Another great guide from a fellow SWTOR player, I haven’t seen Taugrim yet though! Great guide, I’ll have this on my Warrior as soon as I get home! Thanks for the effort! +100

May Dwayna blaze you.. #420

in Warrior

Posted by: Vrede.8942

Vrede.8942

Hey!

First of all thank you for posting this build, going to try it on my noob warrior.
I have 2 questions:

I am only lvl 20 on my warrior, what stats should i focus on in Armor & weapons & jewelry while leveling up & trying to get your full build.

Did you buy any change write something for Guardian yet?

Thank you once again for posting this build up! (Loved your Swotr build)

The Goonie who wasn’t in the movie.

in Warrior

Posted by: Spifnar.4712

Spifnar.4712

For all the lowbies, 5 signet is superior until about L60, when you can trait this properly. You can use any weapon set. I personally used sword+warhorn with GS for PvE. IMO leveling is all about mobility. I also used the +damage and +crit with high adrenaline traits

The reason for 5-signet is because of the trait that gives +40 precision for each unused signet. That’s a flat amount, so is pretty OP at lower levels

(edited by Spifnar.4712)

in Warrior

Posted by: Sarrath.4918

Sarrath.4918

Hey Yojack!
Long time listener in GW2 forums, first time caller Just wanted to say this build excels in WvW, at least for my playstyle, surviving and contributing. I don’t mind being the speed bot for my guild groups, I was a Skald in DAOC and now i get to relive that in GW2 with this build, and actually survive…Skalds were such paper tanks

And i just wanna say to the “Bads” out there, if you take the time to learn this build and use every last drop of it (timing CDs, switching weapons, using dodge at the right times, etc.) then you can survive almost anything in WvW short of soloing a supply camp boss with a god buff on it (and i take a few whacks before i roll out, gotta get those bleeds on it). I feel completely confident jumping in the middle of anything, causing havoc and knowing I’m going to get out cause of all the OH kitten buttons it has.

I really love this build and, overall, CANNOT imagine playing anything else in WvW, it would just be “Wrong” :P

in Warrior

Yojack.7082

Sarrath, omg DAOC <3 <3 <3 best pvp ever and still one of my favorite games of all time. I had a skald on a free for all pvp server but minstrel was better in my opinion and was the last level 50 i played back on lancelot with a cleric buffbot.

in Warrior

Ryx.5476

Yojack, you are the best! I’ve been rolling with this build for the past 8 days and it is a blast! I can tank and heal at the same time plus do damage melee or ranged, I’ve switched to axe though and changed the last trait in Arms to Deepstrike to take advantage of the +80 Precision if the signets were not used. Overall, a 10/10 build for warriors. If you have any better suggestions when weilding an axe with your build, I’d gladly appreciate it!

in Warrior

Yojack.7082

Thanks Ryx. It may be obvious but if you are going to go with the Axe tweak of my build then you will want to go full berserkers instead of rampager to take advantage of bigger crits and burst damage. It can be a lethal tweak and arguably better in some cases then my sword/rampager variant. Both fun either way!

in Warrior

Posted by: Kinglette.4906

Kinglette.4906

So a few nights of wvw with build in full exotics has been fun as, looks like two guild warriors are swapping to the build as well. Only change I made coming was knights jewelry. Made back most of the lost condition damage with the toughness to condition damage food.
I recommend the omnom food that 66
chance to heal on crit. This has no cool down, I have regened health when leaping into groups from getting (most I have had is four of the 300 heals at once). And the omnom ghost version makes my assura even harder to see coming
I’m really looking forward to our melee team being 3 yo jack warriors a gs war, thief and support guardian, nothing like a big melee push to break a muck bigger group

80 Guardian, 80 Warrior, 80 Thief
[AVTR] FA

in Warrior

Ryx.5476

I’ve been stacking Precision and taking advantages of the crit chance. The fast auto-attack of the axe has been very painful to invaders and mobs as well, not to mention it’s like an AoE normal attack which is good if your CD’s are not up yet. I’ll try to find a better tweak though. One question though, does Precision stack Crit Chance only or does it come with Crit Damage too?

in Warrior

Posted by: Schwahrheit.4203

Schwahrheit.4203

No offense, this build is mediocre against people with half a brain. Unless you’re aiming for a “support” Warrior and not a “carry” Warrior then I guess its workable but there are better ways to “support.”

Since people are negative about nerfs, how about we buff to balance then?

in Warrior

Posted by: Praxis.6289

Praxis.6289

Hi Yojack I like your build, I had an idea about playing bleed warrior in pvp until I heard they completely suck from variety of forums(I’m not 80 yet). Your build is kind of cool though I gave it a try in sPvP today. Very tough to go down, altho mesmers were impossible 1v1(me being fairly new and mesmers wearing fancy designed armor[ie experienced] also didnt help lol).

So I was thinking of making a solo(and some warhorn zerg-support when needed) roaming WvW build which would be based entirely on your build with few changes – Seems like a build like this can outdodge, outlast, outbleed and “outregen” (out-mitigate too lol) many of 1v1 encounters. So Im going to be dropping shouts completely in exchange for more gank friendly skills and therefore swapping last ten points in tactics for something else. Now this where the hard part begins – I can spend these in tactics for 20% signet recharge… Or I can drop last 5 points arms as well and get 30 Defence instead and maybe get BOTH autoactivated Balanced stance and Defy pain(or spiked armor instead ?)… Any suggestions would be welcome.

Since Ill be dropping shouts Ill get rune of dolyak for triple(!!!) regen.

This also will leave me 3 free slots to pick whatever skills I want based on expected amount of conditions being thrown at me on top of horn condition removing skills so I am primarily interested in your opinion on trait deviation.

(edited by Praxis.6289)

in Warrior

Ryx.5476

No offense, this build is mediocre against people with half a brain. Unless you’re aiming for a “support” Warrior and not a “carry” Warrior then I guess its workable but there are better ways to “support.”

No offense too but Yojack never mentioned that this is a “support” nor a “carry” build. That’s the good thing about Guild Wars 2, you can be versatile in your own way. Versatility is the way this build should be, you can tank, heal, debuff and deal decent damage all at the same time. After seeing all the positive replies from this thread, you’d suddenly make that kind of impression for this build? Atleast Yojack contributed something for the Warriors out there, what have you done so far?

in Warrior

Yojack.7082

Thanks Ryx, but Schwahrheit is entitled to his opinion. And obviously my build would be mediocre against him…..

Praxis, you will be completely unimpressed with the dolyak regen as it it literally 30 health a second….(may have changed but last I checked). Sounds great on paper but the key to the Yojack Build is it isn’t based on theorycraft. Its tested and works in real time actual gameplay and if played effectively by someone who understands the build, game mechanics and overall team oriented play, the Yojack Build is a great spec and can be used as the core for MANY effective variations based on personal preference or playstyle.

in Warrior

Posted by: lomdecaverne.3186

lomdecaverne.3186

Thanks for this build Yojack. My team loves me since I play it in dungeons.

However, I must say that I miss the insane damage output of a simple berserker build ^^.

All the same, great build !

in Warrior

ImmortalZodd.6871

Thanks Ryx, but Schwahrheit is entitled to his opinion. And obviously my build would be mediocre against him…..

Praxis, you will be completely unimpressed with the dolyak regen as it it literally 30 health a second….(may have changed but last I checked). Sounds great on paper but the key to the Yojack Build is it isn’t based on theorycraft. Its tested and works in real time actual gameplay and if played effectively by someone who understands the build, game mechanics and overall team oriented play, the Yojack Build is a great spec and can be used as the core for MANY effective variations based on personal preference or playstyle.

a better choice if they want more health regen per sec is to use mango pies is around ~89 health per sec with 70+ vit as well at 25.8k health i regen ~300hp a sec with mango pies and signet of healing, adrenaline at full is another 285+ every 5sec. Rune of Soldier is just too good for condition removal to pass up.

(edited by ImmortalZodd.6871)

in Warrior

Posted by: RONcket.6405

RONcket.6405

Great all around balanced build Yojack, I’ve been using it exclusively for the last 2 weeks since before I hit 80 and I don’t see me using a different one.
Now I’m full rampager’s exotics with runes of the soldier and using sigils of blood on both rifle and sword plus accuracy on the warhorn. Since I’m full exotic I can tell there’s a huge difference in my survivability, damage and crit rate.

I have a couple of concerns and will like your/others opinions.

I feel like for WvW the sigil of blood on the rifle is wasted a bit, especially on sieges. It doesn’t trigger nearly enough on small skirmishes and during big fights you could have something that gives you an edge on attack because I feel the healing is negligible. I’m considering either Earth for an extra stack of bleed or Agony to make it last longer but I don’t want to commit to spending gold to try it (I’m quite poor).
On the same subject, the sigil of accuracy on the warhorn for just 5% crit rate seems like a little overkill since it’s already pretty kitten high when using a sword and traited for it with rampager’s gear. Maybe that slot could be used for some additional utility (again maybe earth or agony)

What is your position on using longbows for siege? Which sigil?
I know that for roaming rifle is definitely superior.
While using longbow on a siege will a temporary change in Tactics VI to IV (VI is increased damage per every boon and IV is long bow range) and/or Tactics IX to VIII (IX is warhorn recharge and VIII is shout recharge) make a big impact on this build?

Edit: there’s a few other changes that might be useful like Defense II to I to gain adrenaline when hit. Also put Signet of fury somewhere to help build adrenaline for combustive shot. But I think that with this many changes I might neglect changing back and making me quite kitten if we have to chase or if they break through the door.

(edited by RONcket.6405)

in Warrior

Ryx.5476

With this build, it’s really team oriented. My zergmates can escape without any problems due to the specced warhorn + the heals. The opposite zerg may cripple them yet I and a couple of other warriors that share the same spec as mine is there to debuff, +random boons, +heal and grant speed boosts. So we can siege, chase and retreat very quickly. With this build, we are really essential dungeon or Wv3-wise.)

in Warrior

Yojack.7082

RONcket, you bring up some interesting questions. Of course tweak to taste but the overall Yojack Build is al about overall fun gameplay and not necessarily a one trick poiny build. I don’t switch to longbow very often as I am usually running with plenty of AOE for most sieges and I will want to single target dps oil, arrow carts etc. Sigil wise if you want to tweak for more damage with earth that is fine but remember blood is doing damage AND healing you so I think its the best for this build especially since it proc on crit.

in Warrior

Posted by: Schwahrheit.4203

Schwahrheit.4203

No offense too but Yojack never mentioned that this is a “support” nor a “carry” build. That’s the good thing about Guild Wars 2, you can be versatile in your own way. Versatility is the way this build should be, you can tank, heal, debuff and deal decent damage all at the same time. After seeing all the positive replies from this thread, you’d suddenly make that kind of impression for this build? Atleast Yojack contributed something for the Warriors out there, what have you done so far?

Come back to me if any other Warrior (other than a handful that I know) can pull this off. No seriously, this is my definition of both SUPPORT and CARRY. The one of the few builds that can do both.

You’re telling me Yojack’s build can carry or support? I could do both better with a carry build.

P.S I am in NO WAY saying that Yojack is bad. Builds are different from skill level of a player and Yojack’s build is definitely the sword in a “gun in a sword fight” scenario.

P.S2 You honestly think Shouts are good at their state right now? I’ll let you think that and see how far you go.

Since people are negative about nerfs, how about we buff to balance then?

(edited by Schwahrheit.4203)

in Warrior

Posted by: RONcket.6405

RONcket.6405

@Yojack: I tried last night during WvW and constantly switching to Longbow (even without changing your traits) is not worth it, it’s better to keep the build as it is because it’s better all around. Longbow may excel in a few scenarios, but WvW is about reacting to changing scenarios. Regarding the sigil of blood, I had no idea the proc was doing additional damage, I guess since I haven’t tried it on dummies I didn’t realize.

@Schwahrheit: What did you do for the next 40 to 70 seconds of that video while your stuff was all on cooldown? Some people (maybe even most) think that this build or any other build is only viable if its about big red numbers, killing fast, etc. I guess you are one of those people. For me this build is nice because I can solo and only a few classes totally destroy me (looking at you d/d elementalists), and if I’m in a group or simply running with the zerg I’m quite useful.

in Warrior

ImmortalZodd.6871

@Schwahrheit: What did you do for the next 40 to 70 seconds of that video while your stuff was all on cooldown? Some people (maybe even most) think that this build or any other build is only viable if its about big red numbers, killing fast, etc. I guess you are one of those people. For me this build is nice because I can solo and only a few classes totally destroy me (looking at you d/d elementalists), and if I’m in a group or simply running with the zerg I’m quite useful.

when i encounter the rare D/D ele that wrecks me, its usually because they have very good timing with magnetic aura on my volly or killshot. i have since waited till i have downed them before i use volly or killshot, stay at range with rifle and stack bleeds when you see him switch earth , gap close and try to melee till they switch atune again (they are pretty quick so its hard a lot of times i wont get any damage because he dodges) seam to do the trick and in a few sec later they go back to fire or water.

in earth mode they have stupid protection and reflect projectile aura’s, but always remember bleeds and condition ignore protection boon and armor so don’t volly till after aura and focus on stacking bleeds to ignore the protection. i also save most my condition removal for fire mode because burning sucks.

in Warrior

Posted by: JustT.7465

JustT.7465

Hi guys, another formar skald from daoc Loving the spec as I feel more useful to my groups.
Will be dinging level 80 over the weekend and still unsure what I should be doing regaurding armor? I have about 120k of karma, but should I be getting rampager crafted rather than spending the karma on t3 armor ?

JustTz
[FURY]

in Warrior

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Hi guys, another formar skald from daoc Loving the spec as I feel more useful to my groups.
Will be dinging level 80 over the weekend and still unsure what I should be doing regaurding armor? I have about 120k of karma, but should I be getting rampager crafted rather than spending the karma on t3 armor ?

T3 armor is bought with gold, and Orr Karma armor has bad stats for most specs.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

in Warrior

Yojack.7082

For the record I have never spent karma on anything except for leveling chef when it was easy to do with karma vendor ingredients. Otherwise I have just been saving karma up for when they actually add something that is worth buying

in Warrior

Posted by: seraph.6897

seraph.6897

Hey Yojack, links on the first page wasn’t working, can you fix it or just give trait build +which traits to pick? Thanks.

in Warrior

Yojack.7082

cut and paste into browser for best results:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIEQNBkYDbE0p6t5R5hJOggPUFXGJRAmeUGsRaA;T0Ag1CqoyyklILbWuskZtwYgxBjNBPMA

Replaced “on my mark” with “fear me” for a move pvp centric Yojack Build a long time ago but this link is updated for this.

in Warrior

Yojack.7082

^^ Oh and crack shot instead of 10% crit with sword. Weird can’t edit post.

in Warrior

Posted by: seraph.6897

seraph.6897

Ah thanks, its working now.
BTW, how would you modify it if I wanna go with axe/horn and rifle with berserker gear?

in Warrior

Posted by: andreasels.3918

andreasels.3918

Ah thanks, its working now.
BTW, how would you modify it if I wanna go with axe/horn and rifle with berserker gear?

No modifying needed, you can use it just as it is or use the Vulnerability on crit trait instead of Crackshot.

For Greatsword, just switch out the Crackshot for the Greatsword trait (might on crit and 20% less CD) and the Warhorn trait for Shouts recharge 20% faster.

The 25 points in Arms are very versatile and grant you a good amount of damage with every weapon (bleed on crit and 10% more dmg on bleeding foes is awesome). The 15 in def and 30 in Tactics grant you good sustain combined with the benefits of 30% boon duration.
That’s why I say, you can make this build work like a charm with nearly every weapon, but imo works best with Sword/Warhorn, Greatsword and Axe/Warhorn.

in Warrior

Posted by: JestersMadness.7528

JestersMadness.7528

Are we gonna see a WvW vid, of someone using this build, any time soon?

in Warrior

Posted by: NyteFox.9176

NyteFox.9176

Testing out Crack Shot with rifle Volley. Mouse over shows cooldown of 8 sec vs the 10 sec, but when you fire it the count starts at 9 secs. Anyone else getting this same result?

in Warrior

Posted by: Shayde.2564

Shayde.2564

NyteFox – known bug, crackshot is still not reducing the cooldown on volley by 20%.

in Warrior

Posted by: nergalo.9825

nergalo.9825

sorry mate, any videos to show the build at work?

in Warrior

Posted by: JustT.7465

JustT.7465

Yojack, you still using full rampagers?

JustTz
[FURY]

in Warrior

Yojack.7082

My last posted build (a few posts up) is perfect for a berserker geared axe/warhorn/rifle set up but its great for swords if you prefer. I am still in full exotic rampager but zerk/axe is just as viable. It comes down to more burst vs harder dots but I just really like savage leap too much to go axe. I think its because of the ability storm on my trooper from swtor. I just love gap closers with melee characters and axe I feel to kiteable at times.

in Warrior

Posted by: paydro.3904

paydro.3904

Loving the build. I used to play DAoC on Lancelot as well — on Mid though. The game still has some of the best RvR-style mechanics imo (plenty of other crappy stuff, but they got that part right).

I switched to this spec while still holding onto my PVT armor and Knights jewelry (I was doing a lot of dungeons for gear and got tired of dying) and it still rocks.

Since I didn’t have a lot of precision with my current gear I just ate some condition +precision food. That and the bonus from Sigil of Corruption (cond) or Accuracy (+prec) helps a ton. I put those sigils on a spare weapon and swap them out once I get the full stack.

For dungeons I like omnomberry pies.

Last night I had some serious fun in WvWvW with this spec. Killed four people with my brother (elementalist) in a 2v6ish. Then the zerg came before we could kill the last two, but we were able to make it out alive.

in Warrior

Posted by: swarmofseals.5813

swarmofseals.5813

Thanks for this build Yojack. I used GS/rifle signet build to level up all the way to 80 (not the most efficient I know but it’s fine) and then switched to something very close to your build. I swapped in Fear Me for On My Mark and use the gain adrenaline on hit trait instead of Turtle’s Defense. I also swap between longbow and rifle in WvWvW.

Anyway, I love your build. I’ve been running it a lot on spvp recently and it works fantastically well for that pug style pvp.

I find that the build is very good in group situations — the shouts and warhorn skills make a real difference — but it also is very good solo. Having swiftness up all the time and tons of dodging/condition removal means that this spec is absolutely excellent for going behind enemy lines and neutralizing/capping. I find that I can win many 1v1s, although I do have trouble with tank engies, good DD elementalists and mesmers. Most other classes are doable and many are just an absolute joke.

The damage on this build is not great but it is respectable. Real glass cannon builds go down fast against you — I’m always shocked at how quickly thieves die if I survive their initial burst. Tanky specs like DD ele and defensive engineer can be really difficult though as they can usually outlast you. The good news though is that they usually take a long time to kill you too, so escape can be an option.

Condition damage specs are an absolute joke, especially ones that rely entirely on bleeds. I ran into a sword/sword warrior yesterday in spvp and he simply could not touch me. Even if I got rooted by a full t3 sword burst I’d just toot my horn and 10-20 stacks of bleed would be instantly gone. Condition necros are a bit more annoying but I’ve had good results against them too.

I’m also endlessly amused by how often my enemies bleed out even if they manage to down me first. Normally I find the warrior downed state to be pretty bad but when enemies bleed down before they can stomp you the number 3 ability really shines. I’ve had several experiences attacking a point defended by one guy where we both downed each other, I then was able to get up with 3, stomp him and cap the point.

A few things I have noticed:

1. Timing your skill use is absolutely critical. It can be easy to blow your cooldowns too early or too late. Sometimes you’ll run out of condition removal and wish you hadn’t used both warhorn skills early in the fight. I think it’ll take practice to get a good sense of this.

2. The sword burst skill is incredibly powerful, especially against stealthers. For some reason I have a knack of timing my burst skill use right when they stealth — the results are often comical as they are rooted for the entire duration of their stealth and come out of it with a massive bleed stack. This ability is also really powerful but really dangerous to use in a big fight. You can sometimes catch and root three enemies with it and do a ton of damage, but at the same time you are also stuck in place so if you are getting focused or position yourself in a lot of AOE you can often get reamed. I’ve found that following up this ability with Fear Me can be extremely effective as it not only allows you a moment to maneuver after finishing the burst but also ensures that your bleeds have a couple of seconds to tick.

(cont.)

in Warrior

Posted by: swarmofseals.5813

swarmofseals.5813

(cont. from previous)

3. Fear Me is incredibly valuable in spvp. There are MANY situations where you can use it to much greater effect than just the ability itself. It’s obviously useful for buying time to escape, turning the tide of a large group battle, etc. But you can also do all kinds of neat tricks with it:

• Use it to steal Forest Spirit kills — wait until the spirit is close to death, hit fear and then finish it off with your rifle spike abilities. I had a match yesterday where I stole three kills from the enemy team in this way including one at the very start of the match where they had nearly their entire team on the spirit.
  • Use it to neutralize points. If you are assaulting a point and it’s defended by a force that you can’t handle alone, you can often run in and fear them off the circle for long enough to neutralize the point and then escape. This is a small amount of value but it can be a difference maker in close games.
  • Capricorn Ruins: when defending, fear gives the sharks more time to damage attackers. When attacking, fearing allows you to neutralize the point while temporarily getting the sharks off of you. It’s really hard to take that point if it’s defended by even one guy, but neutralizing the point makes it a much more even fight (especially if you fear the defender into additional sharks =)

*Battle of Khylo: Fearing enemies in the clock tower is especially effective as it will take them extra time to get back up the stairs. If you are especially tricky you can divide enemy forces up by sending them off opposite sides of the platform, allowing your team to take out half the enemy force while they are divided. Fear Me is also amazing in treb attack or treb defense. The platforms are high up enough that fearing them off the edge will actually damage them. I’ve killed people before by fearing them off the edge when at low health. Even if this doesn’t kill the enemy it buys you extra time for reinforcements to arrive or to allow your cooldowns to reset. When the enemy attacks in overwhelming force, you can fear them all and escape pretty easily. You can usually cap at least one point while they are busy destroying your treb. By the time the enemy gets back into the field you can often already have your repair kit and be well on the way back to base.

in Warrior

Posted by: Edgar.8063

Edgar.8063

cut and paste into browser for best results:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIEQNBkYDbE0p6t5R5hJOggPUFXGJRAmeUGsRaA;T0Ag1CqoyyklILbWuskZtwYgxBjNBPMA

Replaced “on my mark” with “fear me” for a move pvp centric Yojack Build a long time ago but this link is updated for this.

Cant see your build in this link… can you provide another link plz? Im usin the sword atm and would like to try the axe to see the diferences. This build for dungeon is super fun and good on WvW groups

in Warrior

Yojack.7082

Cut and paste for best results:

This is the lastest version of my 24/7 build that I use for everything wvw/pvp/dungeons etc. If you can suggest another build calc I can put it in but the above is the only one i know of that is complete and up to date.

in Warrior

Yojack.7082

in Warrior

Yojack.7082

For the above links, actually drag and highlight to COPY then paste directly into your internet browser. Do NOT select copy link from the thread as it will be a bad link. That may help some =)

in Warrior

Posted by: ZettaiHero.7819

ZettaiHero.7819

Hey Yojack! thanks for sharing this cool build! I’m in the process of crafting all the equipments now and I have a question for you, what runes are you using for the armor set? sorry if this question was asked already.

EDIT: just found out on the link you gave. No need to answer that. XD

(edited by ZettaiHero.7819)

in Warrior

Posted by: Galactorix.4719

Galactorix.4719

Hey Yojack! I have been running your build from about level 60 and having a blast! I have been farming Gold, and have enough to buy full exotics now. When you say you run full Rampager’s, does that mean all your Trinkets are Rampager’s also? And are all your weapons also rampager?

in Warrior

Posted by: kitai.7638

kitai.7638

I got an issue with this build cuz i was just trying it and the problem i had is the bleed stacks. against a champion with 2 rangers, a necro and i think it was a thief, and they had 25 stacks of bleed perma on the thing!!!! so….. if you would suggest an alternate route which weapon would you choose for this build? and what trait line would you suggest?