Automated Response-Immunity with no cooldown

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Maybe one solution is to give it a 10 second duration and a15 second CD at 25% hp

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

you get always the dmg from first tick but NO DURATION CAUSE ITS REDUCED BY 100% = complete (not-100% how some ppl write here)

all your attacks do dmg – how often ppl have to write this till you dont ignore it?

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

you get always the dmg from first tick but NO DURATION CAUSE ITS REDUCED BY 100% = complete (not-100% how some ppl write here)

all your attacks do dmg – how often ppl have to write this till you dont ignore it?

I have not tested that but even if that was true. That would mean stacking 3 stacks of bleeds on hit will only increase the hit damage by 300 so if you hit a 1k now it’s 1.3k but I get your point if this is true.

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

So what about the whole “it won’t make you immune to CCs with duration”? I’m not real worried about taking 97 damage from an attack that hits you with a bleed lol XD

Friggen, under 25% with AR+Regen under 25% trait Necro scepter 1 was providing me with more regen than he could deal damage to me.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: nakoda.4213

nakoda.4213

i look forward to the video, ron, but your duel vs a necro is not a proper demonstration of how AR operates in a tournament fight where the necro, presumably on a competent team, will be and OUGHT TO BE, assisted by a teammate when running up against a hard counter like an AR engie.

the part of the argument that is getting ignored by your side of the debate is that in team play, group composition must necessarily adapt to the composition of the other team. you have to proactively select a team comp that will hopefully succeed against your opponents.

have you never seen a foe logout and log back in with a new char during the warm up before a match so that their team can deal with yours more effectively?

Boundaries are for the effortless.
Benn E Violence :: 0/20/30/20/0
You kittens don’t even know what the prefix “meta” means.

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

i look forward to the video, ron, but your duel vs a necro is not a proper demonstration of how AR operates in a tournament fight where the necro, presumably on a competent team, will be and OUGHT TO BE, assisted by a teammate when running up against a hard counter like an AR engie.

This is why I felt it pointless to post a video to demonstrate something credibly.

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Its enough to prove that no counter this steep should ever exist in any game (ESPECIALLY) claiming to be E-Sport directed.

in PvP

nakoda.4213

Its enough to prove that no counter this steep should ever exist in any game (ESPECIALLY) claiming to be E-Sport directed.

that makes no sense as a rebuttal to what i’ve stated. my point is that you need a pocket theif or pocket ranger (the best option, imo) if you want to kill an AR engi as a condi burst necro or condi burst engi.

the ONLY people with problems with AR are condi burst specs. melee classes that cannot kill an AR engie under 25% are playing in a bracket much higher than their skill level.

where is this video?

(edited by nakoda.4213)

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Also, just fair heads up so no accusations, I did capture what he said about AR, but it wasn’t scripted, he didn’t know I was filming him until after the fight, but he’s a friend so he was okay with it. So anything said is totally his feelings too. And also, I don’t even run Condi necro. I run MM power build (which is near impossible to stay in range with when I can’t immobilze, chill, snare, while being snared.

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

that makes no sense as a rebuttal to what i’ve stated. my point is that you need a pocket theif or pocket ranger (the best option, imo) if you want to kill an AR engi as a condi burst necro or condi burst engi.

the ONLY people with problems with AR are condi burst specs.

how is that NOT apparently intended?

where is this video?

Its coming, trust me I’m excited to share, I’m pretty happy with how I did with limited Engi usage. xD I’m not a fan of how long processing videos takes with movie maker.

in PvP

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Sooo, when someone dies with that trait and posts a video he gets accused of having lost on purpose and when someone else does the exact opposite, it is all fair and square and absolutely not staged.
No, seriously, totally unbiased.

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Sooo, when someone dies with that trait and posts a video he gets accused of having lost on purpose and when someone else does the exact opposite, it is all fair and square and absolutely not staged.

If a non engi player can make an unkillable build versus a very popular and powerful build in literally minutes of creating it, and some engi main is dying and finding it “never useful or saving them”, yeah I’m going to go ahead and say its a problem with the player…

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

It can all be staged and therefor no one trusts the video

in PvP

Manuhell.2759

If a non engi player can make an unkillable build versus a very popular and powerful build in literally minutes of creating it, and some engi main is dying and finding it “never useful or saving them”, yeah I’m going to go ahead and say its a problem with the player…

And? For all we can know, your friend may have lost on purpose.
I mean, you people said the same thing with the engineer video, so why shouldn’t the opposite be true as well?
Either all the video are plausible, or no one is.

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Watch the fight if you want, but watch specifically 2:33+

in PvP

nakoda.4213

but it is not unkillable.

you would need to post an impartial video of an AR engie facing every individual class, as well as combinations of classes, within a TPVP environment to prove with video that AR is overpowered.

the only people qualified to do this are AR engies with experience surviving under 25% HP who know that it is not op because they will die to skilled players utilizing direct damage.

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

He didn’t lose… he gave up because it was useless to even try anymore. XD

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

And? For all we can know, your friend may have lost on purpose.
I mean, you people said the same thing with the engineer video, so why shouldn’t the opposite be true as well?
Either all the video are plausible, or no one is.

Even worse people will judge the video to satisfy their opinions they decide who they want to win. In any case I wouldn’t have brought AR if it wasn’t a key engineer skill and any fix to it will not be a delete guarantee.

in PvP

nakoda.4213

i’d like to see that video from the necro’s perspective to see what skill he was using after you hit 25%.

also, reading his comments, as you recommend, i see he is misinformed that by applying all his condis just before 25%, they will disappear.

they do not.

also, from 2:33 until you started talking to him, all he did was stand tehre and auto attack while you ran around in circles.

if this werea tournament, you would either leave the bunker alone and stop wasting time, or call in an ally ot finish him off.

i don’t see the problem.

i see the bug where 100% duration reduction is being applied after bonuses and not before. that’s about it.

looks like a solid build for countering condition users.

(edited by nakoda.4213)

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

i’d like to see that video from the necro’s perspective to see what skill he was using after you hit 25%.

lmfao… Wow. He didn’t even know why were were doing this, all I asked him was to help me test a build, and didn’t even say I was recording it.

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

I have to say the results from the video are hard to ignore I wonder what people will say to It. What is seen in the video is exactly why I brought up this topic.

in PvP

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

I was looking forward to seeing it but came out dissapointed. Congrats on creating an anti condition build and even building ur hp over 2k and even taking elixir c. But now how would u do with that build when someone power based joins the fight?

I dont play my guard but if I make a bunker to 1v1 me vs someone like say… a warr or thief they arent going to kill me either no matter how much they try.

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

I was looking forward to seeing it but came out dissapointed. Congrats on creating an anti condition build and even building ur hp over 2k and even taking elixir c. But now how would u do with that build when someone power based joins the fight?

I dont play my guard but if I make a bunker to 1v1 me vs someone like say… a warr or thief they arent going to kill me either no matter how much they try.

He had a stun breaker and blocks for power and stability. Also his healing skill recharges at 25% hp. He also had a blinding field.

(edited by Zelulose.8695)

in PvP

Manuhell.2759

I have to say the results from the video are hard to ignore I wonder what people will say to It. What is seen in the video is exactly why I brought up this topic.

I feel it is quite easy to ignore those.
First, because it can be staged. Exactly like the other video.
Second, because if it wasn’t staged, that necromancer plays really bad. All he would have had to do is a well placed condi burst when the engi healed himself – and thus was above the immune threshold. And he had many opportunities to do that while the elixir C was on cooldown – you can see it from the video itself. Using elixir s wouldn’t have sufficed – you still get damaged by the conditions already applied.
And this should be versus a full condi necro, right? Like, the exact build the trait should counter.
If anything, the only thing the trait would need is a clear visual cue.

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

I didn’t “build for condies” I had AR (the very trait we’re talking about" and I took Elixir C… Which by the way, will also clear any chills/cripples/bleeds etc that power builds sometimes often provide passively and turn them into nice boons, and under that hp I wouldn’t be able to be immobilized, snared or what have you, and the entire fight I had 100% uptime on vigor/swiftness, good uptime on other boons and better access to protection versus power builds (since the condy builds weren’t taking 10% of my hp in 1 hit very much if ever).

in PvP

nakoda.4213

protective shielding, stabilized armour, exlixir infused bombs, protection injection, invigorating speed, AR, and speedy kits.

soldiers ammy shammy/cleric jewel, and i presume 4xgrove 2x earth to hit 500 healing?

notice how you cannot kill the necro either? that is the point.

counter build is countering. working as intended.

speedy kits is a waste in tpvp, but invigorating speed can be useful if you are with a group dropping lots of swiftness.

you should have taken backpack regenerator instead of vigor, imo, and taken healing turret instead of medkit.

kit refinement might be helpful as well for magenetic bomb which has the potential for interrupts, and if you keep medkit it gives you a projectile reflection.

still, though, at any point a thief could have one shot backstabbed you, or a ranger+pet would interrupt you and dps you down, or any combination of things to overcome the direct counter this build has to condies.

your duel demonstrates the trait working but does not demonstrate its efficacy in a tournament scenario

(edited by nakoda.4213)

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Okay this guy is rank 40 necro, he had no idea I was filming, until afterwards, I told him, He DID try (and almost successfully a few times) to out condi me at 30% but I had Elixir C and the 4 on med kit for the very occasion, if I predicted a burst at about 30% I could also Elixir S to juke some of those burst condies. Plus I can heal for about 200 or so per bomb and 100% vigor uptime, so warding off a few lingering bleeds or what have you wasn’t very hard, not to mention I passively get Regen under 25% when hit.

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

I feel it is quite easy to ignore those.
First, because it can be staged. Exactly like the other video.
Second, because if it wasn’t staged, that necromancer plays really bad. All he would have had to do is a well placed condi burst when the engi healed himself – and thus was above the immune threshold. And he had many opportunities to do that while the elixir C was on cooldown – you can see it from the video itself. Using elixir s wouldn’t have sufficed – you still get damaged by the conditions already applied.
And this should be versus a full condi necro, right? Like, the exact build the trait should counter.
If anything, the only thing the trait would need is a clear visual cue.

You forget that the med kit and the profession skill from elixir c also remove conditions. While his conditions have an 8% chance to be converted into boons

in PvP

Manuhell.2759

I’ve just noticed the build at the end of the video. Elixir-infused bombs without the trait to extend their range. So you are saying you would defend a point – even versus other power opponents – using bombs with a 120 radius?
Oh, please.

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

And no, the point is, bunker builds need to not be able to last forever, in a game with conquest as the main objective, standing on a node to win, this easy of a win is not okay… And for the record, prior to this fight I actually BEAT (in about 5 minutes lol) a Power necro. While there wasn’t much they could do about me staying alive.

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Um… If you’re standing on a point (which btw I was the entire video?) I had no issues being healed by my bombs… and I played an engi for about 2.5 hours total. If YOU’RE having issues healing yourself, I’m not sure who’s in any position to be saying whats good or not. You’re obviously doing something wrong…

in PvP

nakoda.4213

elixir infused bombs also dmg opponents, and if they are outside of 120 units, your bombs are only 50% effective, wasting a 30pt trait.

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

No… I built to bunker and not die, that point was held, and there wasn’t a thing he could personally do about it. That’s what’s broken.

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

It’s because of this trait that engineers bunk better than any other class in the game.

in PvP

nakoda.4213

im a better bunker thank that video shows and i don’t use AR.

your opponent was on the point the entire time.

in PvP

Manuhell.2759

And no, the point is, bunker builds need to not be able to last forever, in a game with conquest as the main objective, standing on a node to win, this easy of a win is not okay… And for the record, prior to this fight I actually BEAT (in about 5 minutes lol) a Power necro. While there wasn’t much they could do about me staying alive.

You were losing in a 1vs1, with a bunker build made especially to counter him, that has no other application other than that video and that would lose versus any other half-decent opponent, especially power-based ones. Untraited bombs have a terrible radius. All they have to do is kite from a distance -inside the point, because the radius is small enough to permit it- and there goes all your (small) damage. Or simply use CC skills to gain control of the node – you have no reliable way of getting stability, in either case.

in PvP

nakoda.4213

ya i know, i described it above for you.

good thing im a nontop-1000 ranked scrub who knows nothing about engineers.

it isn’t a very good build.

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

A. That’s not true.
B. I wasn’t really trying to knock him off, wasn’t the purpose of the video, but I do have 2 solid knockbacks.
C. It wouldn’t matter, if I grabbed home, I’d already have it, or I’d have someone help me grab it real fast so I could hold it with (too much) ease versus anyone who came at me with conditions.

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

No slander please I don’t want to have people reported on this thred.

in PvP

nakoda.4213

No slander please I don’t want to have people reported on this thred.

what slander?

i called myself a know nothing scrub, then said the build was bad.

sensitive skin much?

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

FYI I was ranked 500 as an MM no less (You know, another nonviable build). Which dropped, and I haven’t really checked it recently, but because I started playing with irl friends trying to get into tpvp who are new and not very good yet. But nice try with that…

in PvP

nakoda.4213

A. That’s not true.
B. I wasn’t really trying to knock him off, wasn’t the purpose of the video, but I do have 2 solid knockbacks.
C. It wouldn’t matter, if I grabbed home, I’d already have it, or I’d have someone help me grab it real fast so I could hold it with (too much) ease versus anyone who came at me with conditions.

and by the same logic, and intelligent necro would call in the cavalry to burst you down with physical damage, and take the point.

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

The fact that you don’t need AR to bunk just makes AR push past the limit that makes it a little to much in terms of defense.

in PvP

nakoda.4213

The fact that you don’t need AR to bunk just makes AR push past the limit that makes it a little to much in terms of defense.

no, it makes AR a niche build suited only for condi builds.

a good build will be effective against everyone.

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

A. That’s not true.

and by the same logic, and intelligent necro would call in the cavalry to burst you down with physical damage, and take the point.

No one is going to call for more “back up” when assalting far at the beginning of the game, unless of course they just don’t want other points… More than likely if a guy goes in vent “QQ I cant kill this guy come help!” they’ll either say “hold him off while we get x” or “then kittening leave…”

in PvP

nakoda.4213

so your gambit of far point area denial fails because you face an opponent specifically build to stop you from doing so.

where is the problem?

the problem is that you are trying to be a magical rambo who doesn’t need to work with his team.

gg, prostar.

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

I sometimes forget constant healing with bombs, knockbacks, perma vigor, high uptime regen/protection, perma swiftness, are all things that make for a bad build versus other types too.

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

But it is effective against everyone.

in PvP

nakoda.4213

But it is effective against everyone.

but it isn’t. necro are one of eight professions.