Mesmer Burst...

Mesmer Burst...

in PvP

Posted by: Skyro.3108

Skyro.3108

The only way a Mesmer can really instaburst you down is with Mirror Images, otherwise his clones/phantasms won’t all be in meele range of you to instantly shatter. So it’s not really “you can’t meele when they have 2+ clones out” because Shatter Mesmers will always have a high production rate of clones but they won’t be all be in meele range of you.

And 3K+ damage mind wracks that’s buggy. Even with full might stacks you can’t reach even close to that with a full 3 clone shatter.

Mesmer Burst...

in PvP

Posted by: Tekla.2139

Tekla.2139

The only way a Mesmer can really instaburst you down is with Mirror Images, otherwise his clones/phantasms won’t all be in meele range of you to instantly shatter. So it’s not really “you can’t meele when they have 2+ clones out” because Shatter Mesmers will always have a high production rate of clones but they won’t be all be in meele range of you.

And 3K+ damage mind wracks that’s buggy. Even with full might stacks you can’t reach even close to that with a full 3 clone shatter.

Here a shoot of just mind wrack as opening, as mentioned before, full glass cannon and traited for it. No might on me and illusion or vulnerability on the target. No more then 3 illusion was summoned for it to happen.

Attachments:

Mesmer Burst...

in PvP

Posted by: Sonnet.9840

Sonnet.9840

Shatter is “bugged” at the moment and will most certainly be fixed. So everyone can put away their pitchforks and torches.

/thread

Mesmer Burst...

in PvP

Tekla.2139

Here a shoot of just mind wrack as opening, as mentioned before, full glass cannon and traited for it. No might on me and illusion or vulnerability on the target. No more then 3 illusion was summoned for it to happen.

Here another shoot of just mind wrack as opening, not traited for it and instead of the rune of the scholar, i’m using the rune of the centaur. Actually mine build.
Pick the dmg suit u best.

Shatter is “bugged” at the moment and will most certainly be fixed. So everyone can put away their pitchforks and torches.

/thread

Perhaps the rune of the scholar along 25 stack of might and vulnerability is what u folks want to pitchfork. Oh, crap almost forgot it! Only the mesmer shouldn’t able to properly use what all other class can.

Attachments:

(edited by Tekla.2139)

Mesmer Burst...

in PvP

Posted by: Sonnet.9840

Sonnet.9840

Here another shoot of just mind wrack as opening, not traited for it and instead of the rune of the scholar, i’m using the rune of the centaur. Actually mine build.

/thread

Perhaps the rune of the scholar along 25 stack of might and vulnerability is what u folks want to pitchfork. Oh, crap almost forgot it! Only the mesmer shouldn’t able to properly use what all other class can.

Perhaps, but that’s not what this thread is about.

As far as I know, 25 stacks (or even constant 9 stacks) of might does not happen unless you seriously sacrifice something else (like scholar runes) to keep it up, and I haven’t seen any proof that this is viable in shatter build.

Mesmer Burst...

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Pointing out the differences:

1 – A 5 HS chain with haste takes around 2s …so no, it can’t be called burst, it’s just a crap chain of fast attacks…and it’s just unuseful 90% times.

2 – Thief’s BS burst is SINGLE target, shatter is AoE with the same dmg and pretty much the same casting time. There’s a difference from bursting down one target and aoe bursting everyone on a point…

3 – BS needs steal traited with mug, so you can perform a BS combo every 45 secs, without steal you’re going to lose something like 3k+ so it’s not going to be effective, so mesmer has a way faster cd on his burst.

4 – After the combo a BS thief can’t do anything for those 45 secs, if he’s not downed already, mesmer can still use BF to go invulnerable, just for example, while dpsing…

Not talkin’ about overall survivability were a mesmer easily outperform a thief hands down.

So if you know how shatter works you should see some differences between BS and AoE macro shatter.

(edited by Archaon.6245)

Mesmer Burst...

in PvP

Tekla.2139

/thread

Perhaps, but that’s not what this thread is about.

As far as I know, 25 stacks (or even constant 9 stacks) of might does not happen unless you seriously sacrifice something else (like scholar runes) to keep it up, and I haven’t seen any proof that this is viable in shatter build.

If fact that doesn’t happen unless you’ll be in party with 2 or more ppl who’s like to trolling either; some static NPC mob of the mist or, the mesmer class.
Issue is not mind wrack per-se.
Issue is that noob just dislike fighting the mesmer period, you can’t face tanking it, face rolling it you don’t even understand how it’s working! all the clone and illusion.. oh my! sickeness!
A guy post an image about it’s mind warck damage w/o documenting it’s undergrounding and the witches hunt begin! again!

(edited by Tekla.2139)

Mesmer Burst...

in PvP

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Tekla please, stop this nonsense; shatters are bugged and you can make each illusion shatter for 4k (3k without vuln/might) by exploiting the system.
Being a mesmer yourself doesn’t refrain you from thinking (check me).
I’d make a video to prove you how wrong you are, but I care about my account.

Snow Crows [SC]

Mesmer Burst...

in PvP

Tekla.2139

Tekla please, stop this nonsense; shatters are bugged and you can make each illusion shatter for 4k (3k without vuln/might) by exploiting the system.
Being a mesmer yourself doesn’t refrain you from thinking (check me).
I’d make a video to prove you how wrong you are, but I care about my account.

Make it private and send a PM for it? Also, I don’t think that doumenting a bug is currently aganist the rule. As you can see by mine combat log, yes, mind wrack can hit HEAVY STATIONARIY GOLEM for almost 3k damage without might and vulnerability, so it is possible with both’s might and vulnerability ( 25 stack ) to reach 4k. Bugged? I don’t think so. A way overpowered if traited as glass cannon? aganist who’s? where? is the answer heavy golem in the mist? or can you make it happen all the time during a tourney? Also, sorry but I don’t undertand, exploiting what exactly? the use of a glass cannon build? the vulnerability and might staking done by third entity like – party member to you and your illusion? care to explain?
By the way, sure nerf it to the ground i don’t mind. Mine build on next patch will do what? x3 300 dmg on normal shatter and x3 600 if they crit? non-sense? I say who’s care! whiny baby will still /crying.

(edited by Tekla.2139)

Mesmer Burst...

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

Pointing out the differences:

1 – A 5 HS chain with haste takes around 2s …so no, it can’t be called burst, it’s just a crap chain of fast attacks…and it’s just unuseful 90% times.

2 – Thief’s BS burst is SINGLE target, shatter is AoE with the same dmg and pretty much the same casting time. There’s a difference from bursting down one target and aoe bursting everyone on a point…

3 – BS needs steal traited with mug, so you can perform a BS combo every 45 secs, without steal you’re going to lose something like 3k+ so it’s not going to be effective, so mesmer has a way faster cd on his burst.

4 – After the combo a BS thief can’t do anything for those 45 secs, if he’s not downed already, mesmer can still use BF to go invulnerable, just for example, while dpsing…

Not talkin’ about overall survivability were a mesmer easily outperform a thief hands down.

So if you know how shatter works you should see some differences between BS and AoE macro shatter.

2) Mesmer clones have 2600-3k hp
In team fights , Thiefs are bursted in aoes and has 14k hp . Why ppl cant aoe the 2600 hp clones ?
3)How much damage Mesmers auto attack does , compared to Shortbow Or Dagger main attack ?
Mesmers too need to unlock their Fantasmall Fury
4) Deahblossom or run out with Inflitrators Arrow

Personaly i love this Mesmer broken mechanic
Its like a new meta :P
Theres some classes that <<MUST>> kite and dont let them go near u and the other case where u <<Should Avoid>> to go near them :P
Or increase the hp pool of problematic classes (the 3 lowest hp characters) , while lowering something else :P

(edited by Killthehealersffs.8940)

Mesmer Burst...

in PvP

Posted by: Kirei.1792

Kirei.1792

how about people check this

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Every1-s-Opinion-about-balancing/first#post1076764
i gave few suggestions what could be better (some balance stuff)
instead of saying stuff that won’t change anything, try to say What could be better?

Mesmer Burst...

in PvP

Posted by: Pyrial.2917

Pyrial.2917

BS Thieves and HB Warriors can’t kill a decent bunker, but a skilled shatter mesmer with the new “glitch” can take down a full bunker in a matter of seconds, further compounded by the fact that if they don’t stay on point they lose it, whereas with a Thief, you can move, because a Thief in stealth can’t cap the point.

Just my opinion. I don’t really see how you can compare this to BS Thief or HB Warrior, I’ve never felt helpless against either, as I’ve always been able to use my stunbreak + counter. Here, if I mis-time my first dodge, I’m dead, even running with 2.7 k armor, if they can pull off the “glitch”.

I think there some misconception going on, Sharp just seized the opportunity to beat the donkey more. The guy’s who’s posted his damage log was actually standing where the heavy training golem pack stand, just to let you know there is an area in the mist full of these golem.
He did x3 4100 DMG with mind wrack and forgot to mention that he was helped in buffing his illusion up to 25 stack of might while his party member debuffed and stacked 25 vulnerability on these static target before landing it’s mind wrack.
Mind wrack which, by the way would only hit for x3 3200 TOP if alone, also, this situation would only happen when all 3 illusion critted upon their simultaneous explosion. So, in reality on static target it’s happening 1 or 2 time out of 15 mind wrack, altho, ppl do move so, illusion hardly hit simultaneously.
The build, since there no video as proof, duo mine experiment, seems to be 30 domination 30 duelist 10 illusion, rune of the scholar, pvp berserk amulet.
This with all major trait utilized for mind wrack damage and it’s critical chance.

If there someone able to do replicate it’s damage, without the helping of any party member or something, please, be mine guest, open a thread and also don’t forget to provide more evidence of this behavior.

There was a whole thread with supported videos of the bug, which was easily to reproduce once you figured it out. That whole thread was deleted without any notification to those who posted in it.

Mesmer Burst...

in PvP

Posted by: Brinson.7289

Brinson.7289

Normally a thief would have an advantage because someone wouldn’t see “TheCombo” coming. The thief didn’t have the advantage here because he was already seen.
The only thing that comes to mind here is: “C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!!!
Read the fine print. ANet never said only thieves can instagank!

[P.S. I’m an engineer and don’t play either of those classes.
:-P ]

\-\ Poquito (Engineer) /-/ Tarnished Coast
Not Sure If Serious [BZNZ] ||| Cynical [CYN]

Mesmer Burst...

in PvP

Tekla.2139

BS Thieves and HB Warriors can’t kill a decent bunker, but a skilled shatter mesmer with the new “glitch” can take down a full bunker in a matter of seconds, further compounded by the fact that if they don’t stay on point they lose it, whereas with a Thief, you can move, because a Thief in stealth can’t cap the point.

Just my opinion. I don’t really see how you can compare this to BS Thief or HB Warrior, I’ve never felt helpless against either, as I’ve always been able to use my stunbreak + counter. Here, if I mis-time my first dodge, I’m dead, even running with 2.7 k armor, if they can pull off the “glitch”.

I think there some misconception going on, Sharp just seized the opportunity to beat the donkey more. The guy’s who’s posted his damage log was actually standing where the heavy training golem pack stand, just to let you know there is an area in the mist full of these golem.
He did x3 4100 DMG with mind wrack and forgot to mention that he was helped in buffing his illusion up to 25 stack of might while his party member debuffed and stacked 25 vulnerability on these static target before landing it’s mind wrack.
Mind wrack which, by the way would only hit for x3 3200 TOP if alone, also, this situation would only happen when all 3 illusion critted upon their simultaneous explosion. So, in reality on static target it’s happening 1 or 2 time out of 15 mind wrack, altho, ppl do move so, illusion hardly hit simultaneously.
The build, since there no video as proof, duo mine experiment, seems to be 30 domination 30 duelist 10 illusion, rune of the scholar, pvp berserk amulet.
This with all major trait utilized for mind wrack damage and it’s critical chance.

If there someone able to do replicate it’s damage, without the helping of any party member or something, please, be mine guest, open a thread and also don’t forget to provide more evidence of this behavior.

There was a whole thread with supported videos of the bug, which was easily to reproduce once you figured it out. That whole thread was deleted without any notification to those who posted in it.

Saw one video it’s a bug. Even with the full 25 stack of might and vulnerability, it shouldn’t be possible for the mesmer to reach that damage, let alone with only 19 stack of vulnerability and 19 of might or, especially by triggering simultaneously skill for damage buff -.-
The video show 4700+ altho, it might be possible to replicate the bug and while doing so, add even more damage. Not today, tomorrow or the day later.. but a FIX is required.

(edited by Tekla.2139)

Mesmer Burst...

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Ok guys. I tried out the instant spike on a mesmer and it works. in response to the vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr8l833Gs9I …. I tried something similar that looks like the build and posted it on (http://www.gw2build.com/builds/dps-mesmer-9279.html).

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

Mesmer Burst...

in PvP

Archaon.6245

Why ppl cant aoe the 2600 hp clones ?

Because using macros you can spam clones and shatter them instantly, they have literally not enough time to die between summoning and shatter…even into aoes, sometimes they don’t even become visible before the mez shatters them..

Mesmer Burst...

in PvP

Archaon.6245

ANet never said only thieves can instagank!

And ppl complain about thieves istagank from, well….when this game opened, btw it’s not possible for a thief to do this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpE2k3ZN1vU.

Not possible. Period.

Mesmer Burst...

in PvP

Posted by: Schwahrheit.4203

Schwahrheit.4203

Don’t understand why people are still defending a legitimately broken mechanic. Whats even funny is its AoE and YOU DON’T NEED QUICKNESS to burst someone down.

If it deserves to get nerfed, which Jsharp just implied, then don’t get attached to it.

Since people are negative about nerfs, how about we buff to balance then?

Mesmer Burst...

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Why ppl cant aoe the 2600 hp clones ?

Because using macros you can spam clones and shatter them instantly, they have literally not enough time to die between summoning and shatter…even into aoes, sometimes they don’t even become visible before the mez shatters them..

What is scary is that the build I linked does its one second or less kills without a macro you just block with the sword (skill 4) dealing 3k on a thief and shatter them right when your character disappears and hits the enemy. This can hit for a quad 3k or extra 12k and then the flame sigil deals like 1.8k-2k all together that is literally 17k damage almost instantly.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

Mesmer Burst...

in PvP

Posted by: Moddo.7105

Moddo.7105

So really only thing to nerf is remove mirror image? Because that is only way to insta get up the required clones. Once bugged shatter is fixed what then nerf shatter? What about people running a GS/Staff shatter build and don’t use mirror image. It is like Thief signet that got “nerfed” BS did not get nerfed so neither should shatter. Just balance mirror image.

Mesmer Burst...

in PvP

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Nah broski, looking at the damage it was a 9k shatter, 1.5k from sigil of fire, 1.5k from air runes, and possibly 1.5k from phantasm crit. That’s 13.5k but there is more than just those sources of damage. Considering how squishy that thief was running, it’s believable, I could probably run a down on that guy pretty fast as well, although possibly not that fast as I can’t react that fast, nor would I have 2 clones out.

If you want to say, OMG THAT’S OP BS. Think about this: The thief has 14k hp at MAX HP. That means he is most likely running full Glass Cannon to instagib someone and just got hit by a 4shatter vs a… Glass Cannon mesmer.

Yeah, looking at the video frame by frame (I’m not going to video a frame by frame for you guys so go to ~0:33 seconds and pause it then spam → arrow key), you can see that as he went visible, he took a crit by a phantasm that stacked 3 conditions on him (probably the Mage Strike, which I’m assuming is the attack of a Phantasmal Mage which would be Confusion and Bleed since it was a crit, then he got hit by an auto attack by a …

scratch that, the guys running S/P so he probably got hit by a Staff clone which gave him a random condition + bleed with a crit, and got hit by an aa crit that caused flame strike while getting shattered by 4 which can easily hit for 9k + flame strike/aa.

OH WOW. No, watching the replay one more time, the Mesmer used S2F1 (BF + MW [Blurred Frenzy + Mind Wrack]).

Easily accounts for all the damage, flame sigil proc, shatter damage, and whatnot. He didn’t even go through all the BF hits, just enough to proc the flame sigil which got him down.

Mesmer Burst...

in PvP

Posted by: Ziddy.2583

Ziddy.2583

that was hella macro.

Mesmer Burst...

in PvP

Posted by: Zantetsuken.9051

Zantetsuken.9051

It takes thief 0.25-0.75 seconds at the very least to do that kind of damage. (Or, in a Warrior’s case, 1-2 seconds)
More than enough time to shadowstep/endurepain/deathshroud/distortion/mistform/etc…
When a Mesmer can burst for the same amount in 0.01 seconds, this is NOT balanced.

I would even go as far as to say if Mesmers could burst 50k dmg but it took them a quarter second or more to do it, it would be balanced.

Removed the link to vid as it provoked too many trolls.

Mesmer clones need to travel to their target before they detonate. If it takes 0.01 seconds to blow them up, then you are standing too close to the Shatter Mesmer’s clones. Standing too close to the Shatter Mesmer’s clones. Standing too close…..

Mesmer Burst...

in PvP

Posted by: kaplis.7195

kaplis.7195

It takes thief 0.25-0.75 seconds at the very least to do that kind of damage. (Or, in a Warrior’s case, 1-2 seconds)
More than enough time to shadowstep/endurepain/deathshroud/distortion/mistform/etc…
When a Mesmer can burst for the same amount in 0.01 seconds, this is NOT balanced.

I would even go as far as to say if Mesmers could burst 50k dmg but it took them a quarter second or more to do it, it would be balanced.

Removed the link to vid as it provoked too many trolls.

Mesmer clones need to travel to their target before they detonate. If it takes 0.01 seconds to blow them up, then you are standing too close to the Shatter Mesmer’s clones. Standing too close to the Shatter Mesmer’s clones. Standing too close…..

so you’re saying that people should stop playing with melee weapons? there are clones who attack within melee range so good luck “not standing too close to them”

Mesmer Burst...

in PvP

Posted by: Zantetsuken.9051

Zantetsuken.9051

Melee clones should be killed as a priority, especially if the Mesmer producing them is a Shatter Mesmer. But if you are using a melee weapon, you can do that quite easily. And if the Mesmer is setting his clones on you, it is a safe bet he is going to spike you, in which case, you can counter it.

Mesmer Burst...

in PvP

Posted by: Marduh.4603

Marduh.4603

Melee clones should be killed as a priority, especially if the Mesmer producing them is a Shatter Mesmer. But if you are using a melee weapon, you can do that quite easily. And if the Mesmer is setting his clones on you, it is a safe bet he is going to spike you, in which case, you can counter it.

Counter invulnerable and 10 sec cd teleport?
Are you kidding?

Mind wrack – very bad skill in terms of game design. Apparently that was the calculation of the explosion remains Mesmer without clones for a while. But they are never without clones.

Mesmer Burst...

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

imagine if ileap actually worked consistently

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

Mesmer Burst...

in PvP

Posted by: Breakin.2409

Breakin.2409

I posted this on the video comment section, but I’m gonna post it here as well to clear up any confusion.

That Mesmer used a macro, I guarantee you. His combo was basically this

He had 2 clones up. He used Diversion ( Daze and massive stacks of Vulnerability, probably 20-25 )> Mirror Images > Decoy > Mind Wrack. All this in LESS THAN HALF A SECOND

All the other comments like " You got hit by warlock " bla bla bla are clueless bullkitten.

Yes, you can actually pull this off without a macro, however, I highly doubt there’s a human that can do it THIS fast.

by the way, you wouldn’t believe how easy it is to macro in this game. you don’t need to hack and you don’t even need special software.

Mesmer Burst...

in PvP

Esplen.3940

He didn’t use Diversion, he used Blurred Frenzy. Look at his character animation, you’ll see the blurry effect appear on the real one as the THREE clones explode.

Look at it frame by frame.

Mesmer Burst...

in PvP

Posted by: Kavia.8249

Kavia.8249

He didn’t use Diversion, he used Blurred Frenzy. Look at his character animation, you’ll see the blurry effect appear on the real one as the THREE clones explode.

Then explain how he uses Blurred Frenzy again on the downed body?

Kavia Kael
Champion Illusionist
Stormbluff Isle

Mesmer Burst...

in PvP

Esplen.3940

Then explain how he uses Blurred Frenzy again on the downed body?

He downs the dead body. Broski, and BF has a channel duration, you don’t have to re-cast it when people go down.
If you’re wondering why he blurs mid-cast, that would be Distortion, not Diversion.

Mesmer Burst...

in PvP

Ziddy.2583

He didn’t blurred frenzy, but he still used a macro.
He dazed, decoyed, mirror imaged, mindwracked all conveniently with 1 button press!

Mesmer Burst...

in PvP

Esplen.3940

He didn’t blurred frenzy, but he still used a macro.
He dazed, decoyed, mirror imaged, mindwracked all conveniently with 1 button press!

Bro, look at the video frame by frame, you can see him using BF while MWing. There is no daze.

Mesmer Burst...

in PvP

Ziddy.2583

Alright so he didn’t daze, he used distortion. And?

Mesmer Burst...

in PvP

Esplen.3940

Alright so he didn’t daze, he used distortion. And?

You don’t need a macro for that. He KNEW the thief was still somewhat close as the clones were still alive, the thief runs into the middle of 3 illusions AND the mesmer, meaning a 4mw without any prep necessary, plus blurred frenzy + flame sigil proc + all doez creetz = legitimate, especially with the thief having 14k hp.

Mesmer Burst...

in PvP

Ziddy.2583

You don’t need a macro to do anything. But people do it anyway. I don’t see your point. Watch the video, it’s pretty obvious to me. I’ve gotten almost 4k shatters off the macro on heavy golems testing it. It looks the same to me.

Mesmer Burst...

in PvP

Posted by: Jumper.9482

Jumper.9482

14.6k is actually the semi-“balanced” setup using that extra bit of hp and toughness from Div runes to survive a burst from another glass cannon (usually).
I changed my setup now (14.1k) so I could get cheese RNG procs like this with crit backstab+mug+air with sin signet.
It’s actually just as OP as Mesmers’ burst. Literally 2 hits, instantaneous. Full to 0. No window of reaction time.
The correct solution, imo, would be to increase every class’s base hp by 1-3k (whichever amount necessary for any instantaneous burst to deal 99.9% hp MAX)

Also, looking back now I misplayed that by not activating my signet to blind his clone cast, thinking he was going to distortion or blink.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Jump-s-Ultimate-PvP-Teef-Wishlist-Jump-Doc/
Winner of Curse’s NA Masters Tournament
twitch.tv/loljumper

(edited by Jumper.9482)

Mesmer Burst...

in PvP

Esplen.3940

You don’t need a macro to do anything. But people do it anyway. I don’t see your point. Watch the video, it’s pretty obvious to me. I’ve gotten almost 4k shatters off the macro on heavy golems testing it. It looks the same to me.

Except everything was laid out so he didn’t cast anything for the shatters. Also, if he did use CoF, you’d see the damage of the explodes on his damage dealt as those would have easily stacked for 2k+ non-crits total.

Mesmer Burst...

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

14.6k is actually the semi-“balanced” setup using that extra bit of hp and toughness from Div runes to survive a burst from another glass cannon (usually).
I changed my setup now (14.1k) so I could get cheese RNG procs like this with crit backstab+mug+air with sin signet.
It’s actually just as OP as Mesmers’ burst. Literally 2 hits, instantaneous. Full to 0. No window of reaction time.
The correct solution, imo, would be to increase every class’s base hp by 1-3k (whichever amount necessary for any instantaneous burst to deal 99.9% hp MAX)

Also, looking back now I misplayed that by not activating my signet to blind his clone cast, thinking he was going to distortion or blink.

That only screws condition builds. What the hell don’t you get about the fact that increasing life pools without buffing conditions is a bad move?

They need to nerf your stupid burst, is what they need to do. At least it should have more ramp up or conditionals than pressing a couple of buttons.

I love it when thieves aren’t queen bees against every single class, and suddenly the world is ending. You have a sister cheese fotm class to grief you as you grief others with your OP class— get over it.

Mesmer Burst...

in PvP

Posted by: Alarox.4590

Alarox.4590

Lot’s of Thief/Mesmer drama. “You’re more OP!” “No, you’re more OP!” Maybe you’re both right.

Alarox – Human Guardian
Rampage Wilson – Charr Engineer
Sea of Sorrows

Mesmer Burst...

in PvP

Posted by: Delofasht.4231

Delofasht.4231

I watched the video several times, I could not say whether it’s a macro or not though, I respond pretty crazily fast to things sometimes, especially when I anticipate an attack. Gone so far as to preemptively shatter a Distortion literally a quarter of a second or less before getting jumped on by a Thief out of stealth. (he CnD’d me and I counted a couple seconds and then waited a hair longer then Shattered, right as I did a black cloud appeared behind me and he opened on me again, boy was he kitten called me a cheater and said I was hacking and could see where he was. . . o.0 just timing and a little luck)

“I’m sorry, my responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.”
- Dr. Alfred Lanning, fictional character of great intellect.

Mesmer Burst...

in PvP

Posted by: Breakin.2409

Breakin.2409

I’ll repeat it again.

Diversion > Mirror Images > Decoy > Mind Wrack and he may have slipped Distortion into the end of his macro just in case.

To whoever was arguing that he used BF or whatever, YOU should watch the video again.

Look closely. Actually you don’t even need to look closely, it’s obvious, I don’t know what the kitten you are seeing.

You can clearly see the thief getting Dazed and lose target, which is more than enough proof that he used Diversion and Decoy.

I hate it when clueless people argue.

Mesmer Burst...

in PvP

Ziddy.2583

I actually don’t even think this Esplen guy even knows what blurred frenzy is. Breakin is exactly right, and that is the same macro all the mesmers in the current pvp scene are using. Some of them even try to deny it when it’s all over their vods rofl.

Mesmer Burst...

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I actually don’t even think this Esplen guy even knows what blurred frenzy is. Breakin is exactly right, and that is the same macro all the mesmers in the current pvp scene are using. Some of them even try to deny it when it’s all over their vods rofl.

Why would you waste all your stun breakers for the same result a deceptive evasion could give you?

Mesmer Burst...

in PvP

Posted by: Seragi.5910

Seragi.5910

<<If they lower their clone damage , the class will be destroyed
They are worthless as tanks and the only job there is for them is as a glass cannon
Their main attacks are really pitiful
Ppl should L2P , instead of whining on the forums
Ppl should look how to counter them and look on the pros on Twitch videos
The class is already worthless and if nerf their damage all the ppl will quit>>

Replace the <<Mesmer>> with an other class here :P
After all this time , i want to troll a bit too :P

thats what we as thiefs said when they cut all of skill dmg by 50%… stop crying newb mes… every skill we have got a 50% dmg nerf and were still doing fine… mes needs to be nerfd into the ground end of story

Mesmer Burst...

in PvP

Posted by: Vinhoney.4517

Vinhoney.4517

hey hey, so the mesmer BUG that everyone’s talking about is the one that causes f1+f2 to take effect on the same set of clones right? Or is there another one? there’s so much arguing I can’t follow. and oh yeah, remove portal please. heh

If you have no doubts of your skills, then challenge me for a duel please.

Mesmer Burst...

in PvP

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

This thread, right here, this is why no one takes PvP in this game seriously.

Come now people, we can do better.

I just see a well played mesmer that got very luck in timing and crit damage coupled with a thief that got a taste of his own medicine. But we can keep debating forever…

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

Mesmer Burst...

in PvP

Ziddy.2583

I just see a well played mesmer that got very luck in timing and crit damage coupled with a thief that got a taste of his own medicine. But we can keep debating forever…

And this is why you uinformed people should stop posting. ‘we can do better’. There is a current bug in the game right now, where mesmers shatters hit for 50% more damage via a macro.

Mesmer Burst...

in PvP

Posted by: Pyrial.2917

Pyrial.2917

And this is why you uinformed people should stop posting. ‘we can do better’. There is a current bug in the game right now, where mesmers shatters hit for 50% more damage via a macro.

Advice, your own, you should take it…It can be done without a macro.

Mesmer Burst...

in PvP

Ziddy.2583

Advice, your own, you should take it…It can be done without a macro.

It CAN be done without a macro but your odds of triggering the bug is SIGNIFICANTLY lower. The bug procs with more frequency when the delay between the actions is set to be as low as possible.

Take your own advice and BE INFORMED.