Mesmers are no longer viable.

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Hmm lets think…. High aoe burst combo known as mind wrack that melts necros… Portal from home to mid not needing a second bunker… Illusion of life when your bunker goes down… Moa morph the enemy by let when they have the point when he’s alone… Blink away from any nonsense or portal…. 1200 range spatial surge and I serker that deals great damage and keeps u safe… A number 2 downed ability which can avoid a stomp long enough for your team to stability stomp the Emmy necro….

Oh but you know not viable at all… LOL scrub

Maybe you haven’t heard necros survivability in Deathshroud got buffed…. Portal is as situational as fleshwurm and has a timer on using it so you can drop it at home but if they push it when the timer is up guess who is hoofing it back? Oh and guess who is one of the slowest classes in game. Moa morph is a cheap trick and needs removed noone is arguing there. Izerker hits like a truck but it is our only AOE phantasm that hits like a truck and just barely got fixed in the May patch. Don’t get it broken again. IOL<Elixir R or signet of undeath take your pick.
AOE Burst damage<AOE conditon Damage
Teams don’t need portal anymore because necros have AOE burst condition damage.

More than one mesmer on your team severely gimps said team. more than one necro or nade spamming engi helps.

See the difference?

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

I found torch 4 and 5 to be extremely useful without having to swap traits out, just give up a bit of power from greatsword for some more survivability. I could be wrong on this though. Not an expert at this by any means. Being able to stealth for a few seconds when you need to escape also makes you more mobile than before. The phantasm accomplishes quite a lot in terms of being a defensive skill.

Phantasm is not viable in tournament-play, that’s the problem. And torch, traited, just gives you 2 condition-removes, which is just not optimal.

I disagree

Countless

in PvP

Posted by: prozon.3561

prozon.3561

Everything that is powerful currently in the meta completely owns mesmer. I used to be able to protect xeph from the horrors that tried to charge him but it was useless, the horrors are now too much, so he switched to s/d thief. He then tried to stop the horrors from killing me on my ele but that was also futile. So now I’m a necro. We joined the horrors.

For reals? So much for my hope of seeing tp beat cheeze comps with a tried and true team comp. Pax is going to be a disappointment for showing what potential this game has.

PAX is going to a big failure for sure… but thats not our problem, other people will take their consequenzes out of this. The point is you can’t, you rly can’t handle the condi AOE kitten with past viable lineups… it’s still not possible.Some high tier teams follow the boring Meta, some others tried and are still not amused to and going for disband and many others disbanded allready.

Thats the way the game walks at the moment

www.twitch.tv/mufasapk

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

LOL scrub

Seriously?

in PvP

Posted by: Reesha.7901

Reesha.7901

I find it slightly amusing (in a sad way tbh) that so many people in this post just instantly asume that mesmers need more nerfs
Hey it’s pink and it has butterflies = nerf more.

I am no expert, but I think it’s safe to say that certain utilities have made the mesmer wanted on teams. Aka portal and Illusion of life.
Those are still awesome, but we cannot survive all the condition burst with those utilities and without them, we are not worth bringing.

Seeing Xeph (and Helseth too I believe?) leave their beloved mesmers, simply because the profession is not viable with the current meta, is very sad imo.
Which of the competitive teams are still running with a mesmer?

(edited by Reesha.7901)

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Everything that is powerful currently in the meta completely owns mesmer. I used to be able to protect xeph from the horrors that tried to charge him but it was useless, the horrors are now too much, so he switched to s/d thief. He then tried to stop the horrors from killing me on my ele but that was also futile. So now I’m a necro. We joined the horrors.

Same here…as i said i went back to thief too, mesmer is just unviable atm…sad but true…you have no option outside dps shatter and dps shatter is pretty much a free kill right now..hotzerg or reroll…

in PvP

Posted by: Lue.6538

Lue.6538

Something of interest is to note that everyone here whos going “Mesmer is not viable” actually changes to “this is the problem with shatter mesmers” within a post or 2, my mesmer works just fine in tpvp and I’m soloqueuing, mayhap you’re doing something wrong?

in PvP

Jasher.6580

Something of interest is to note that everyone here whos going “Mesmer is not viable” actually changes to “this is the problem with shatter mesmers” within a post or 2, my mesmer works just fine in tpvp and I’m soloqueuing, mayhap you’re doing something wrong?

That’s the problem. You’re solo queuing. We are talking about the meta. Competitive play. High rank and High level gameplay. You wouldn’t be feeling the effects of the issue at hand.

in PvP

Archaon.6245

Phantaram forced to run necro is also scary imo..something really wrong here…

(edited by Archaon.6245)

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

Remove MoA and replace it with a strong elite with a strong condition removal aoe (or condition immunity) with a not long cd.

So you delete a lamer elite (better for the game) And you insert a usefull elite for this meta and for party in general.

My 2 cents

in PvP

Posted by: Lue.6538

Lue.6538

That’s the problem. You’re solo queuing. We are talking about the meta. Competitive play. High rank and High level gameplay. You wouldn’t be feeling the effects of the issue at hand.

Well, no thats not at all the problem, the problem is that people are hellbent on using a particular build that is no longer as powerful and rather than adapting, they’re simply changing professions as there are builds for those professions that are tried and tested, this has actually little to do with metagaming but rather with people being unwilling to try something new as it may lose them a couple of games in the process of discovering something new.

As a follow up to this particular event tho you get into metagaming, enough people believe that profession X is OP, thus causing more of this profession to appear in competitive play, thus further fueling the illusion that they are infact OP, this at hand causes people to asume that profession Y is therefor less viable than profession X, but rather than experimenting with Y, they will simply concede and play X instead.

You’re infact not even talking about the meta here, you’re talking about balance.

As for the last statement you made? Well that is just plain dumb on your behalf, we can take Phanta here as example as hes in this particular thread, if he rerolls to a necro, odds are more people of his previous profession will do the same as they will draw the conclusion that again, necros must be pretty kitten good, thus sparking a new flood of necros to appear, thus changing matchups regardless of wether it is hotjoin, tPvP solo que or tPvP teams, so even if I were to do nothing but soloQ, I’d still be seeing the effects just as much as those actively competing with full teams, that you believe anything else just goes to show just how little comprehension you actually have of what “metagame” actually is.

Best of luck.

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

Phantaram forced to run necro is also scary imo..something really wrong here…

Why wouldnt he..The benefit of running his dps ele build was good burst,decent sustain damage and team support.When you have the condi bombs around the support part is going out of the window..
His good aoe prot uptime means nothing,hes 2 aoe ond removals every 10 sec are not enough,his heal is stopped by the so many poison sources around and his burst gets hardcountered by weakness (lol at 400 hits from arcanes ).
Not only that but he will lose 1vs1 to good s/d thief,cant kill spirit ranger/guard,melts to good engi and gets butt kitten d by any semi decent necro..thats pretty much all thats being run in like all levels of play.Thats what im seeing in almost all my soloq games now too
He might be able to still run his build though if his team already had necro.

in PvP

Posted by: Choops.3710

Choops.3710

Hi, I’m Pikachoops, and I approve of the current state of mesmers.

Attachments:

Pikachoops – Engineer, Fort Aspenwood

in PvP

Posted by: Blackjack.5621

Blackjack.5621

With the shift in the meta, having a Mesmer on your team flat out gimps you in competitive play. How can we fix this?

They just can´t compete with necro and evade thief, that´s all. The problem is not the mesmer tho.

I Zapdos I
WTS Boston winner
Esl profile: http://play.eslgaming.com/player/7930634/

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

With the shift in the meta, having a Mesmer on your team flat out gimps you in competitive play. How can we fix this?

They just can´t compete with necro and evade thief, that´s all. The problem is not the mesmer tho.

To be honest is the necro the one who brought the thief to “opness” state.

Pre- necro horror, an evade thief was a strong build but nothing else, now it’s basically the only power build capable to go 1vs1 a necro without insta dying ( while even having a chance to win) and the only power build capable to attain mobility, disangage, 1vs1 and AoE in a single build, all packed with good condi cleansing ( signet, shadow return, lyssa runes).

It just fits the meta perfectly, but it’s not thief fault if the meta is this way.

If necro gets nerfed, S/D thief will still be strong but not “as strong” as it is now.

in PvP

Posted by: Blimm.5028

Blimm.5028

This meta is so broken… I never imagined I´d think about this one day. But I guess I´m quitting.
One day I was on some 1o1 server, waiting for my tourney to start and helseth turned up, mentioning he had switched to necro and how he hated it… I nearly vomited over my keyboard. But Xeph too? Dx. And Phantaram? I had two favourite professions since betas: Mesmer and elementalist. They were OP for a while, but having them this insanely useless now…
WTB BWE1 balance reset and bugfixing before balancing…
I believe ive read and heard several times arenanet didn´t intend to push things of cliffs in balancing…But well, what do we expect from a two man balancing team? Competence? xD

Think With Portals [TWP]: 4th of 16 at Guildnews.de cup
Liane Frostfire – Elementalist [TWP] Ilona Frostfire – Mesmer [TWP]
Enya Frostfire – Mesmer [OMFG]

in PvP

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

So many facepalm inducing moments in this thread. If you guys think any of the classes are useless in PvP, you’re all high. Even warriors are dangerous in PvP, albeit they have to work harder to pull their weight. No wonder nobody likes the PvP community, you’re all completely insane.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in PvP

Posted by: Archer Henchman.2534

Archer Henchman.2534

Pre- necro horror, an evade thief was a strong build but nothing else, now it’s basically the only power build capable to go 1vs1 a necro without insta dying ( while even having a chance to win) and the only power build capable to attain mobility, disangage, 1vs1 and AoE in a single build, all packed with good condi cleansing ( signet, shadow return, lyssa runes).

It just fits the meta perfectly, but it’s not thief fault if the meta is this way.

If necro gets nerfed, S/D thief will still be strong but not “as strong” as it is now.

You can consistently beat any necro build with a D/P setup 1v1 reliably. You will, however, get your kitten demolished in team fights because you can’t deal with the CC and cleave from 3 other players.

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

You can consistently beat any necro build with a D/P setup 1v1 reliably. You will, however, get your kitten demolished in team fights because you can’t deal with the CC and cleave from 3 other players.

Absolutely disagree.

A necro just needs to have its Enfeebling blood ( that is also automatically cast when he goes into death shroud) to connect and it’s GG against a thief who can’t remove 13 secs of weakness from itself unless he uses shadowstep.

A necro can just sit into its spectral wall and ontop of weakness, the necro will have protection AND the thief will be feared.

a D/P thief has no chance to beat a somehow competent necro: this is not the case of an S/D thief.

in PvP

Jasher.6580

Hi, I’m Pikachoops, and I approve of the current state of mesmers.

So you like that a profession is not viable in competitive play?

in PvP

Posted by: Xeph.4513

Xeph.4513

I love all my Mesmer brothers, may you rest in peace or until the next balance patch…..maybe :<

Team Paradigm.
Xeph.

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

Remove MoA and replace it with a strong elite with a strong condition removal aoe (or condition immunity) with a not long cd.

So you delete a lamer elite (better for the game) And you insert a usefull elite for this meta and for party in general.

My 2 cents

I want to quote myself.

We know MOA is a strong elite but it’s a lame elite, it’s not fun to receive a MoA and 8 sec. without do anything is too much

Probably the game would be better without moa.

At the same time, in tournament, utility skills are frozen because these are the Mesmer core and without these utility (illusion of life and Portal) other classes can do better the role of mesmer (close holder or roamer). The other utility skill is generally a break stun (Mirror or blink most of time).

So if you remove and replace it with an usefull elite for team with condition removal inside more other stuff (with a CD not very long, max 60s) you solve at the same time:

1) MoA problem (game is better)
2) Main Mesmer weakness in a meta condition

(edited by MarkPhilips.5169)

in PvP

Posted by: Amaterasu.6280

Amaterasu.6280

Absolutely disagree.

A necro just needs to have its Enfeebling blood ( that is also automatically cast when he goes into death shroud) to connect and it’s GG against a thief who can’t remove 13 secs of weakness from itself unless he uses shadowstep.

A necro can just sit into its spectral wall and ontop of weakness, the necro will have protection AND the thief will be feared.

a D/P thief has no chance to beat a somehow competent necro: this is not the case of an S/D thief.

That’s kinda a l2p issue…You should learn to react to the DS enfeebling blood…its got a slight delay after the DS and it comes down in a swarm of flies…you can see it coming and just dodge. Once you pay attention to dodging the initial DS weakness, you’re in a much better place 1v1ing a necro.

It’s a 60/40 win in my opinion as long as you have all your CDs up and play aggressively. If you let the necro breathe, you’re done.

Kuro – Thief – NA
Undercoverism [UC]

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

Absolutely disagree.

That’s kinda a l2p issue…You should learn to react to the DS enfeebling blood…its got a slight delay after the DS and it comes down in a swarm of flies…you can see it coming and just dodge. Once you pay attention to dodging the initial DS weakness, you’re in a much better place 1v1ing a necro.

It’s a 60/40 win in my opinion as long as you have all your CDs up and play aggressively. If you let the necro breathe, you’re done.

That’s the point.

you’re at a disdvantage in the best case scenario, if you made A SINGLE MISTAKE you’re done for, and this of course not accounting the opponent ( he may cleanse the first blind by spamming life blast THEN use fear + all the kitten) or using enfeebling blood ( dagger) on itself as soon as you’re autoattacking, in order to force dodge and then going into DS for the second.

Marks on itself and GG.

I would say it’s a 70-30 in the best case scenario.

I even made it killing 2 thieves at the same place, simply because i random dodged their burst.

C’mon, it’s obviously not a balanced fight.

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Pop thieves’ guild, burn down necro.

Or get on the bandwagon and faceroll with s/d.

MrBig just doesn’t want to take points in shadow arts for condi removal.

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

I’m an S/D thief, i can easily win a necro 1vs1

I’m talking about D/P.

in PvP

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

All he is saying is all dps takes a back seat to necro exept maybe might stacking engi with grenades out, but they lack the survival and cc.

Necro will get nerfed in a few days and then engi over powered nade dps will shine again. Then if these guys have managed to remove there heads from their death shroud they will nerf that aswell.

Everything should be pretty balanced then now that neither war or necro are at the bottom class list that place held by thieves. We can always still kill noobs though joy and do not say just use s/* because its poopoo my ranger or mesmer does it better. Condi isnt bad but its to slow and the longer a thief is in a fight the higher his % of loss is since many abilities one shot them.

Eles are close but they are still viable bunkers.

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

(edited by Thesilentflute.8761)

in PvP

Posted by: feight.2704

feight.2704

There is no way we are talking about the same game….
Mesmer is still awesome. WE just have to be MORE creative not only with your builds but with your play as well. the changes they made to some traits opened so many new possibilities that i found myself having the best fun i ever had playing the profession since beta. Difficulty has certainly improved but so did the rewards.
-EXEMPLE: Bountiful interruption? what? 5 might per interrupt. are you aware of how many ways Mesmers have to interrupt foes at a time? focus (2), great-sword (5) and staff (5), for AOE pull, push, and interrupt. pistol, off-Sword, and Mantra for a more precision. …Add Halting strike for good measure and you got yourself 2k damage on interrupt.

Ahh! i like Meaty Numbers… Honestly , (and we’ll use the following as an example amongst many other viable builds) , few things are more satisfactory than interrupting another mesmer casting iBeserker with a charged power lock(2k), following up with ISwordsman(4k), i leap, F3(2k if rupt) blurred frenzy (3.5k), Swap, STaff 5(2k more if rupt), Phase(CA) then warlock(3-4K)…To finally have the downed player PM you requesting to give him your build; A build which, for the first time since Forever, don’t make use of Deceptive Evasion. It is of course if everything is “ceteris paribus”, but diversity in the gameplay is something that i for one, gladly welcome.

in PvP

Posted by: Schlieffen.2054

Schlieffen.2054

I’m an S/D thief, i can easily win a necro 1vs1

I’m talking about D/P.

Yep, and he’s saying that if you take Shadow’s Embrace in D/P then all you have to do is reset the fight, clear condis in stealth, and engage again (which you can do repeatedly until you figure out how to dodge EB). If you don’t have skill and patience in D/P you will lose, but if you have those two things you should win (even though it might take a bit of time).

in PvP

jportell.2197

Bountiful interruption depends on very specific situations and with some of the less than obvious animations (lookin at you necros) it’s hard to know what needs interrupted. And mesmer interrupts aren’t nearly as spammable as other more powerful non-damaging→damaging conditions (terror). Mesmer has great versatility and a plethora of builds. But almost none of them are tournament viable because that plethora of builds can be done by another class better in tPvP while they bring more to the team.
AOE condis>necro/Engi
Great Boon Support>Guardian/ele
Great Condi Removal>Guardian/Ele
Great healing>Guard/ele/engi
Fast travel for points>Thieves (shadow trap)
Great burst>Thieves/S/D eles/Condition necros.
Inst Resses>Spirit Ranger/Elixir R (eh kinda)
See there is not one thing that mesmers can do right now that can’t be done better by another class while having better support for a team. Anet needs to do some very meaningful buffs for the mesmer in terms of damage for us to keep up with thieves and s/d eles. OR some major buffs so we can actually become meaningful bunkers.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Bountiful interruption depends on very specific situations and with some of the less than obvious animations (lookin at you necros) it’s hard to know what needs interrupted. And mesmer interrupts aren’t nearly as spammable as other more powerful non-damaging->damaging conditions (terror). Mesmer has great versatility and a plethora of builds. But almost none of them are tournament viable because that plethora of builds can be done by another class better in tPvP while they bring more to the team.
AOE condis>necro/Engi
See there is not one thing that mesmers can do right now that can’t be done better by another class while having better support for a team. Anet needs to do some very meaningful buffs for the mesmer in terms of damage for us to keep up with thieves and s/d eles. OR some major buffs so we can actually become meaningful bunkers.

Mesmer damage don’t need buffing. Other classes’ damage need nerfing.

in PvP

Posted by: Ceraldor.3160

Ceraldor.3160

It’s very funny how this forum works in form of who posts what.
The op states a true fact about mesmers and instantly all the wanna-be heroes jump in with there “l2p” and “roflmao /15chars” comments. These people probably just rerolled some cond classes and are owning mesmers but in their mind it’s due to their high skill cap which leads to them being unbeatable but in no way that mesmers have some kind of issue in the current meta.
Then 1-2 known people jump in and support op (phantaram/xeph) and suddenly 95% of the “l2p” posts are gone.
Very entertaining though^^

on topic: Mesmers are getting eaten alive in the current meta. Xeph, Helseth, Supcuty (spelling? – watching 99% eu streams) all rerolled and probably many more…

in PvP

Archaon.6245

I love all my Mesmer brothers, may you rest in peace or until the next balance patch…..maybe :<

Thief is the way….

in PvP

feight.2704

Uno-I doubt any profession as more interrupts than mesmers. fear is good , but often single target. Secundo, interrupts are not as situational as you make them out to be; even more so once you understand that Auto-Attack skills are easily interrupted since they act like mini chnnel skills. Tersio: Mesmer have the most spammable interrupts in the game .counter blade, is on a 12 sec coooldown, power lock on a 24 secs cooldown with 2 charges. diversion on 45 sec (up to 3 X daze if lucky)…. chaos storm… pull-push, ect. to sum it up, the one thing that mesmers do better than other classes is dueling because of the array of the interrupts and boon stripping ability. (sword 1+ clones remove boons fast). Mesmers can take on many different builds using one setup, that’s diversity.

(edited by feight.2704)

in PvP

jportell.2197

My engineer with several AOE knockbacks cares to disagree so does my hammer warrior with a 2s AOE stun on an 8s CD

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

feight.2704

ok for the Hammer warrior, not or the engi… you will never have more knockback than mesmer have interrupts. again, you have to be set as an interrupt character compared to interruptions which are embedded in the mesmers mechanics. so it is still easier for us to interrupt than it is for other professions. and its just one of many new builds available to us.

in PvP

jportell.2197

ok for the Hammer warrior, not or the engi… you will never have more knockback than mesmer have interrupts. again, you have to be set as an interrupt character compared to interruptions which are embedded in the mesmers mechanics. so it is still easier for us to interrupt than it is for other professions. and its just one of many new builds available to us.

Except for interrupt has a very specific set of requirements to get the benefit of an interrupt and its not hard Cc. I mean we only have 2 stuns on long cooldowns and they are easily dosgeable (try using Sig of dom to interrupt) warrior dazes are also on shorter CDs. And you’re kidding about the engi right? Rifle thumper turret big ole bomb flame thrower. Anyone that doesn’t fart stability turns into a rag doll for engis.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Thesilentflute.8761

Bountiful interruption depends on very specific situations and with some of the less than obvious animations (lookin at you necros) it’s hard to know what needs interrupted. And mesmer interrupts aren’t nearly as spammable as other more powerful non-damaging->damaging conditions (terror). Mesmer has great versatility and a plethora of builds. But almost none of them are tournament viable because that plethora of builds can be done by another class better in tPvP while they bring more to the team.
AOE condis>necro/Engi

Mesmer damage don’t need buffing. Other classes’ damage need nerfing.

^THIS.

To the guy talking about reseting the fight thief v necro in tpvp you have x seconds before his buddies get there.

To the guy talking about mesmers getting eaten up its everyone man necro is a god among the other classes.

in PvP

feight.2704

Knock-back is good , no doubt , but i think their interrupt are not as profitable to them than ours if we both setup for it.
-For the engis, they have many knock backs, i concur but how useful being set solely as “interrupt” will be in a match? in contrast, mesmers ,when set up for it, benefit more from actually interrupting foes than other profession – close second would be warrior. The advantages are no only in our traits but also in our style of play . Here’s an example…
-:Traits: I play a 10\20\20\20\0 mantra build (bezerkers/valkyrie jewel). Sword-Sword (always on deck) and Staff .
First, domination minor traits are all daze/interrupt related. Basically adding damage% via vulnerability application and Grandmaster minor. halting strike buff last patch really made it consistent with the theme .
Dueling is a must for many builds but is also one of the most useful trait line. 20 points invested in will greatly improve mantra’S usefulness (something we’ll discuss later on).
Chaos is my favorite right now: bountiful interruption is heavenly on an interrupt build, often granting protection, swiftness and other juicy boons on top of 5 stack of might for 10 seconds, no internal cool-down (something i suppose they’ll change once this build catches on to the general public).
Inspiration brings this whole build together : 2.6k of AOE healing per mantra cast. coupled with 20% reduction on recharge and 400 armor while casting them , mesmer can basically take care of other things while letting their phantasms do the damage and getting healed themselves (inspiration master minor + Restorative mantras).
Thats the reason why i think mesmers benefit more from interrupt builds than other profession, because they can do OTHER THINGS while interrupting. that makes it the prime Profession to fill this role , just as in GW1. and that brings us to the gameplay…

To start off, Daze is not just an interrupt , it’s also a skill blocker like a shorter Blackout in GW1… a fact that is easily dismissed while it shouldn’t be. Dazing whether interrupts or block stills allowing mesmers to create nice openings for timing his attacks and those of his phantasms.
Experienced mesmers seems to develop an internal clock which help them predict when their phantasms will strike again. With good positioning , a decent player can lure foes away from phantasms and back towards them at whim allowing phantasms to recharge their attacks.
The phantasms have around 3-4k health which is decent. You on the other hand have the ability to healspike yourself , your phantasms as well as your teammates (10k to yourself plus 4 sec of bonus armor , enhancing damage% (phantasms live longer) and team efficiency.
I read another post calling for the nerf of Lyssa’s runes. And i must admit that on this build they feel almost OP. Invincibility and invisibility for 5 sec every 90 sec with mass inviso. Use it to cloak your phantasms after their first attack, use it while on distortion when outnumbered, for stability and TOTAL condition cleanse, random boon whenever using heal skill(using healing mantra, spells synergy?)… so many uses.
Mesmers basically have 2 Speeds: active Attack and active Defense. the Formal being 50% automated and latter rendered extremely easy with the all in one tool: chaos armor. whenever off CD or casting a mantra(400A don’t dare forgetting), popping chaos armor whether through staff 4 or the plethora of leap finishers available (almost 4 in this build) greatly enhances survivability. I figured there was no need to mention chaos storm as both an AOE interrupt and survival tool. i just did.
I couldn’t help but to turn this post into a mesmer eulogy , but the point i wanted to make should be clear by now : mesmers traits and gameplay allow them to be the best at interrupting foes; not via knock backs or Condition but Via direct daze, often without casting time. interrupting will deal damage , grant you boons and create opportunities for you’re Attacks… which really aren’t yours but your phantasm’s.
between you and me , if you let me get 2 Iswordman out, you will die. better kill them kill… through a barrage of daze and auto-attacks :P
Mesmers are still viable AND fun to play. we just got toned down in order to have our build diversity expand beyond the Shatter-Phantasm dichotomy. GReat advancement toward Esport.

in PvP

feight.2704

wow that was really long … i’ll make sure to synthesize for latter posts.

in PvP

jportell.2197

Healing mantras-Cool story bro almost 3 second cast that can easily be interrupted by anyone out there.
The engi CC is better than mesmers for one reason. It may not have traits that make their CC more beneficial to them however it is hard CC meaning that whoever they CC is completely locked out of everything thanks to the knockback/launch.
Engineers have the most launches in the game which is more useful than mesmer daze (sad yes I know but its true) because it launches are only susceptible to stun breaks AFTER the person has landed and the person is much easier to focus fire when launched compared to daze/stun.
Engis also have more knockbacks and pulls (if traited) than mesmers. The hard CC is why even when fully traited into interrupting and interrupt mesmer will not provide as much to a team as a stunlock warrior or any form of engi build.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

feight.2704

even if you have to land before being able to stun break, how is it really an advantage? not much thing cant be done while foes is flying around . second yes engi have the hard cc. but its not as SPammable as mesmers daze… and since daze is more beneficial for mesmer than engies, it makes mesmers better at interrupting . engi have have crowd control , mesmer have interrupt.
and i think your are missing the point. Casting Mantras dont Necessarily makes you vulnerable .

(edited by feight.2704)

in PvP

jportell.2197

even if you have to land before being able to stun break, how is it really an advantage? not much thing cant be done while foes is flying around . second yes engi have the hard cc. but its not as SPammable as mesmers daze… and since daze is more beneficial for mesmer than engies, it makes mesmers better at interrupting . engi have have crowd control , mesmer have interrupt.

However interrupts benefits are much shorter lived than a launch. And you would be surprised what happens when chain cc’s occur and chain cc’s are much more effective than chain interrupts.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: saVdoom.2067

saVdoom.2067

Hard CC is much more beneficial because it makes that much easier for other classes to land their skills while the guy is still landing on the ground. Mogwow does that alot with super, while engineer CC the person, Mogwow lands his 100% burst on it. Besides it also has the benefit of launching the guy off point to get a decap or something like this.

in PvP

Posted by: Schlieffen.2054

Schlieffen.2054

To the guy talking about reseting the fight thief v necro in tpvp you have x seconds before his buddies get there.

Or you could just be good enough to dodge the two EBs in the first place. The d/p stealth build is an attrition build anyway, so of course one of the main drawbacks is that you have x seconds before his buddies get there. My point remains, if you consistently die to a necro 1v1 as a d/p thief then you are not doing it right. If you’re not good enough to kill the necro, then all you have to do is backcap behind him because you’re highly mobile and he’s not.

in PvP

feight.2704

how so? we just saw how mesmer stack up might and boons every conditions. other traits like chaotic interruption and furious interruption weren’t even discussed.. interrupt benefits mesmers in the long run.
chaos storm on more than 3 foes most certainly will let you stack up to 20 might

then cast i swordman for 6k damage every 3.2 sec.
not negligeable by any means.

in PvP

Posted by: feliscatus.1430

feliscatus.1430

They’re still good. I never got used to the celerity change and the longer CD’s, but I finally just got sick of the kitten poor mobility. Feel more effective as a warrior these days o.O

in PvP

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Good, less nerfs for the only class i care because in anet’s view, if a class is played=OP and needs to be nerfed.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in PvP

Thesilentflute.8761

This is a post from a dup thread:
What is going on here is no other class is viable lol cause necro and engi aoe dps is out of control. The only reason engi is no longer at the for front of balance issues it because a very poor pvp team at anet was given the ok to mega buff necro. None of the other classes are weak its just they can’t compete with that kind of crazy aoe dps.

Edit: It seems to me you guys said buck it lets make necro crazy awesome since they have not seen much play since the aoe cap, destroy all the work we’ve done the last 4 months to balance the classes, and ruin the structured part of spvp by making it a aoe fest. You didn’t even balance the the class that you were already having this same problem with 2 months ago. This is the most vile show of incompetence I’ve seen in pvp since blood death knights at the start of cata.

in PvP

Posted by: JinDaVikk.7291

JinDaVikk.7291

Feight if you run mantra mesmer ( I want it to be viable) against a non brain damaged d/p thief? Gl. they can SPAM interrupts on you. You will never heal.

Team Radioactive
Crysis, Lil Damage, Ovi, Jindavikk, Guard
Causing cancer all day.