05/17/2013 NA Tier 2: DB/TC/FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: IIRedReignII.5063

IIRedReignII.5063

I’ve had a lot more fun this weekend than I have in most, great fights everyone!

Attachments:

| Tarnished Coast | [DIS]Dissentient |
| Ashe Daisuke – Guardian | Ms Cheng – Elementalist | Farron Eclair – Mesmer |

(edited by IIRedReignII.5063)

in Match-ups

Posted by: dirtyoldgoat.5496

dirtyoldgoat.5496

I think that DB is purposefully lowering their rating because they think they can eat up some easy points on two “fattened pigs” later on when they get whatever guilds they are currently farming for.

Good luck to them.

Maybe…. maybe not, but coming from an expert on the subject….. should certainly make people wonder about it.

…just saying.

Fallendruid, White Lighter, The Native Sun
PINK is the new Black
Tarnished Coast (via Tyranny)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Efface.8460

Efface.8460

We are still working on getting our people over from JQ and the process will take us a while- but a few of our people have gotten out to the borderlands since we started moving yesterday.

That being said – we are excited to be on DB – and are looking forward to some great fights with FA and TC! See you guys on the battlefield!

Welcome to DB, [FIRE]!

Thank you for the welcome, we are glad to be here!

We have already transferred a good chunk of our active player base and all of our Commanders over (except for myself – I have to watch the fort for awhile). Seems like a great community – and we are looking forward to fighting with former allies, new allies, and former enemies (used to have some great fights with you when you guys were on SoS).

Welcome

in Match-ups

Posted by: MarauderKing.4572

MarauderKing.4572

its NA if i remember correctly.

Correct FIRE is primarily NA – but we have a few members in Europe and the SEA/Oceanic time zones.

As someone being from [FIRE])I was from fire,esol,cex,gods,…. i can tell you these guys are friendly and easy going. Sad to see yall leave T1. Ans yes i know the reasons why. GL in T2 [FIRE]

Appreciate the sentiment Fuzzion – this was not an easy decision for us at all. But we are happy with it and did it in the best interest of our guild. We wish you and everyone on JQ the best of luck it was a great run fighting with you guys!

We look forward to some great fights with the folks on FA and TC and we are not taking Tier 2 lightly at all! Appreciate the welcomes!

It will take us a bit of time to adjust and get everyone over – but the guild is re-energized to tackle this new challenge!

Haniko – [FIRE] FIRE Gaming Community
Dragonbrand (Ex-JQ)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Arkanfel.8403

Arkanfel.8403

I think that DB is purposefully lowering their rating because they think they can eat up some easy points on two “fattened pigs” later on when they get whatever guilds they are currently farming for.

Good luck to them.

It doesn’t really matter what they do. Nobody is really going to respect any victory won by bank rolling a bunch of huge guilds over.

What if I told you that guilds are paying for their own transfers? DB isn’t “bankrolling” anything.

Sarabi “the Roaring Fury” Aminata

in Match-ups

Posted by: ganeshori.6309

ganeshori.6309

GJ to everyone this weekend and tonight. TC burned the midnight oil all weekend and is having a well deserved rest tonight. Thanks to all the people who stepped up under the massive FA and DB onslaught tonight, and the hoards who fought so hard all weekend.

That FA uber-zerg in EBG…. You had my head spinning. Gave us a scare there with Valley Keep for a few minutes. We built no less than 19 arrow carts inside inner to fend you all off (I counted). xD We had a good time, and were down to less than 15 of us on the map for a while there. Dat pressure… I dropped over 50 arrow carts in 4 hours. I’ll send you the bill.

Also, Anet: I love you for this game, but I hate you for the 30 minute siege timer. That needs to be 90 minutes >:[

I think you might be referring to the group that ran with our commander Novus. I was running with him last night. I gotta say, every time I’ve run with him..its been fun. If you are on Fort Aspenwood and you see a commander tag with the name Novus in it….run with the guy. In teamspeak or not….this guy will give you a fun night. Only thing I end up missing out on is….picking up my bags.

The guy will keep you on the move and happily fighting the enemy at all turns. You just gotta remember to grab yer bags when ya can…cuz he rarely stays in one place for long, hehe.

this guy ever leaves FA…I will cry in RL.

Sgt Rock / Necrotic Charm —- Dcon
2nd Battalion / 5th Marines – Hotel Company – Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

Good luck to them.

Maybe…. maybe not, but coming from an expert on the subject….. should certainly make people wonder about it.

…just saying.

We didn’t fatten TC up for a cruel slaying, or hide our intentions. SOR told TC flat out that we will hold back for a period of one week to let our new ( at the time guilds) get acclimated, and then that we would massacre you the week after. We did just that.

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

in Match-ups

Aurust.8961

Good luck to them.

It doesn’t really matter what they do. Nobody is really going to respect any victory won by bank rolling a bunch of huge guilds over.

What if I told you that guilds are paying for their own transfers? DB isn’t “bankrolling” anything.

Why are you trying to hide this? Please refer to this post from a member of RE… somewhere page 2 or 3.

Repair bills have been astronomical this weekend… I guess we’re experiencing the full might of TC, now that their PVE/college population is back in WvW…

Hope you enjoyed your stay in Tier 2.

Don’t be that guy.

Yeah for real. I think DB is just burnt out from pushing too hard. In any case, great fights so far everyone!

its not that db is burt out most of certain wvw guilds have been farming gold to assist other guilds (coming soon) in getting to db

JQ WvW

in Match-ups

Arkanfel.8403

Good luck to them.

Why are you trying to hide this? Please refer to this post from a member of RE… somewhere page 2 or 3.

Repair bills have been astronomical this weekend… I guess we’re experiencing the full might of TC, now that their PVE/college population is back in WvW…

Don’t be that guy.

Yeah for real. I think DB is just burnt out from pushing too hard. In any case, great fights so far everyone!

its not that db is burt out most of certain wvw guilds have been farming gold to assist other guilds (coming soon) in getting to db

I’m not “hiding” anything, I’m just pointing out that it’s not like DB just has some giant war chest and we’re bribing all these guilds. What’s happening is people are choosing to come here and some of the WvW guilds already here are helping them out with their transfer fees. If someone considers that dishonorable or cheap I don’t really know what to tell them. I might laugh though.

That being said, I love how DB is still getting all the negative attention despite TC’s observable population increase. They weren’t “full” two weeks ago, but I don’t see people saying they deserve to be disrespected for it.

in Match-ups

Posted by: dirtyoldgoat.5496

dirtyoldgoat.5496

Good luck to them.

…just saying.

We didn’t fatten TC up for a cruel slaying, or hide our intentions. SOR told TC flat out that we will hold back for a period of one week to let our new ( at the time guilds) get acclimated, and then that we would massacre you the week after. We did just that.

These are lies. Maybe not lies you yourself said… but easily verifiable lies said by others.
First “SORING the ratings” was admitted, then denied, then extremely denied, now here admitted again.

who to believe?

Fallendruid, White Lighter, The Native Sun
PINK is the new Black
Tarnished Coast (via Tyranny)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Elano.2014

Elano.2014

Why is a SoR posting in this thread? :/

in Match-ups

Posted by: The Slyfe.7231

The Slyfe.7231

Good luck to them.

Don’t be that guy.

I’m not “hiding” anything, I’m just pointing out that it’s not like DB just has some giant war chest and we’re bribing all these guilds. What’s happening is people are choosing to come here and some of the WvW guilds already here are helping them out with their transfer fees. If someone considers that dishonorable or cheap I don’t really know what to tell them. I might laugh though.

That being said, I love how DB is still getting all the negative attention despite TC’s observable population increase. They weren’t “full” two weeks ago, but I don’t see people saying they deserve to be disrespected for it.

There was a solid week (or two) of how TC was buying its way to 1st and “destroying” T2 by creating a massive imbalance… you must of missed that.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

Good luck to them.

Don’t be that guy.

Tell me what massive recruitment effort has TC undertaken over the past two weeks and how many and what WvW guilds have we gotten here in that time? but i think you’ll find that question hard to answer because you obviously don’t know what you’re talking about

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cozzyboy.3094

Cozzyboy.3094

Good luck to them.

Don’t be that guy.

Tell me what massive recruitment effort has TC undertaken over the past two weeks and how many and what WvW guilds have we gotten here in that time? but i think you’ll find that question hard to answer because you obviously don’t know what you’re talking about

So why are people saying that DB is a bandwagon server? When they obviously don’t know anything?

[RE] Red Essence

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Good luck to them.

Don’t be that guy.

TC has traditionally been one of the first servers to go “full.” Historically it was one of the ones that almost always stayed full before the pop-cap increase of a few months ago.

That said, we didn’t have an influx of WvWers. Your first two weeks in the tier were two burnout weeks for us. There aren’t any new guilds here that weren’t here before that, and the players are all familiar faces.

in Match-ups

Arkanfel.8403

you obviously don’t know what you’re talking about

Ah, yes, of course TC has been “full” population for weeks and I just didn’t notice.

’k

EDIT: for the record, I’m not trying to hassle TC for this, I’m just pointing out what appears to be a double standard. TC swears up and down that they’re not getting transfers, but to me it doesn’t matter. People are going to play where they want to play and y’all need to stop crying about it.

(edited by Arkanfel.8403)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kreaven.3172

Kreaven.3172

Ah, yes, of course TC has been “full” population for weeks and I just didn’t notice.

’k

I dont want to go back and read everything but if your implying TC just got a bunch of transfers then your mistaken. Either way it doesn’t really matter. All that matters is that one is having fun in said match up. Personally I am having a blast.

Honestly these forums at times remind me of Political games and how I hate politics.

Commander Ravana Mace[CERN] – 80 Ranger
~Tarnished Coast since the beginning

in Match-ups

Aurust.8961

’k

EDIT: for the record, I’m not trying to hassle TC for this, I’m just pointing out what appears to be a double standard. TC swears up and down that they’re not getting transfers, but to me it doesn’t matter. People are going to play where they want to play and y’all need to stop crying about it.

For the record, i never said that i find what DB is doing dishonorable, nor did I call DB a bandwagon. Just my observations….

JQ WvW

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Dear FA,

We saw the super secret RP walk and bailed. (wink, wink)

Congratz on SM!

(Kidding you guys earned it!)

Love,

TC

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Can someone provide a score update for our working crew?

in Match-ups

Arkanfel.8403

For the record, i never said that i find what DB is doing dishonorable, nor did I call DB a bandwagon. Just my observations….

Well if you look closely, I wasn’t actually talking to you at first. I was responding to a post that implied DB deserved no respect because the server was “bankrolling” its guilds. That’s not exactly what is going on, no one is actually being paid to come here.

in Match-ups

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

Good luck to them.

Don’t be that guy.

I like how you conveniently include “over the past two weeks” in there.
TC got plenty of transfers, just not as recently as we did.

Also, maybe worth noting couple months ago myself, other officers in my guild, and my guild leader, were all very subtly and privately approached by various representatives of different TC guilds all trying to butter us up and get us to transfer off DB and into TC.
And if my tiny little can-barely-put-more-than-10-people-in-wvw-on-any-night-but-reset guild was getting attention from TC, I would wager we were far from the only ones.

So let’s not pretend TC doesn’t recruit, just like every other server.

Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Posted by: Calvin.5380

Calvin.5380

Good luck to them.

Don’t be that guy.

Aurust… please go away. Your drama and conspiracy theories are not welcome here.

You are taking credit away from whoever is rightfully winning in this tier. TC made an excellent late-game push last week, and they won because of that. End of story. Learn to be gracious in defeat.

Dragonbrand

(edited by Calvin.5380)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tholian.6321

Tholian.6321

I don’t care if it was a planned effort, but the DB/FA 2v1 TC speed flip of all of TCBL map (except garry) in less than 45 mins just right now was an great offense. Hats off. We had to squeeze forces out of other maps to now reorganize TCBL.

We will get them back, and next time we’ll be quicker.

Definitely nothing planned on FA’s part. We noticed you had your hands full, went to see if we could join in the fun, the lag got so hideous half of us couldn’t even move much less anything else, so we decided to wander off and take a nice refreshing swim in Bay for a while.

Brax
WvW Freelancer
Blackgate

in Match-ups

Jayne.9251

Here you go hon .. Supreme Commander Bruce Campbell seems to be rallying the FA troops!

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Here you go hon .. Supreme Commander Bruce Campbell seems to be rallying the FA troops!

Thanks!

in Match-ups

Jayne.9251

Good luck to them.

Don’t be that guy.

Aurust… please go away. Your drama and conspiracy theories are not welcome here.

You are taking credit away from whoever is rightfully winning in this tier. TC made an excellent late-game push last week, and they won because of that. End of story. Learn to be gracious in defeat.

Aurust has a known history of hating TC. He’s on SoR. He’s not even in this tier.

As for the rest, again again again .. look at posting history before you respond!

Cookies for everyone!! Wahoo!

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Funny you should mention, considering I’ve got a plate of cookies sitting next to me right now. Two plates, actually.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/35/#history
It’s a shame, Dragonbrand hasn’t actually gone down in position since late last year. Guess we’re overdue for a bump in the road!

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

in Match-ups

Efface.8460

Now back to the rainbows and butterflies

in Match-ups

Asudementio.8526

’k

There is a difference between people choosing a server to start playing on, or transferring as a few individuals and guilds moving between servers. Though i can understand why wagonbrand would want to try and muddle the distinction.

Leader of [Suh]
#TeamEvonforever

in Match-ups

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Well if you look closely, I wasn’t actually talking to you at first. I was responding to a post that implied DB deserved no respect because the server was “bankrolling” its guilds. That’s not exactly what is going on, no one is actually being paid to come here.

‘Getting more people’ is never going to be a strategy folks will respect. Doesn’t matter if you are paying them or not and any success a server has after getting a bunch of transfers is tainted.

~ AoN ~

in Match-ups

Asudementio.8526

Good luck to them.

Don’t be that guy.

Also, maybe worth noting couple months ago myself, other officers in my guild, and my guild leader, were all very subtly and privately approached by various representatives of different TC guilds all trying to butter us up and get us to transfer off DB and into TC.
And if my tiny little can-barely-put-more-than-10-people-in-wvw-on-any-night-but-reset guild was getting attention from TC, I would wager we were far from the only ones.

If you would actually read the conversation you were replying to the time frame give for Tc going to “full” status was two weeks, thus why i chose two weeks. Nice try.

Leader of [Suh]
#TeamEvonforever

in Match-ups

Posted by: RoninDB.9540

RoninDB.9540

Dear DB and FA -

Please allow me to clear a few things up:

A) Hills does not have any ice cream in it. Despite the rumors of chocolate chip cookie dough goodness hidden in the Lord’s Room.

B) Jayne does not hide her cookies behind the vendors in our Garrison.

C) Bay is usually a beach party, but we don’t have beer or hot babes and dudes. Try SouthSun for that.

Therefore, I respectfully ask you please stop stealin’ our stuffs!

(Kidding – very nice push last night. Thanks for killing me 900x, I can only think I was trolling you by the amount of WXP I don’t give you on those kills. Also, can Agg NOT chase me down and kill me, seriously, I’m a cute necro with no skills! I swear!)

Zero Negative [ZN]
Public Relations/Inter-Guild Relations Officer
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

‘Getting more people’ is never going to be a strategy folks will respect. Doesn’t matter if you are paying them or not and any success a server has after getting a bunch of transfers is tainted.

For the record we went from T6 to T3 with relatively few transfers. It’s just now that everyone’s starting to like us. =D

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

in Match-ups

Efface.8460

As for the rest, again again again .. look at posting history before you respond!

Yes….please do your homework on all posters in this thread before you respond…

k thanks…

lol

in Match-ups

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

For the record we went from T6 to T3 with relatively few transfers. It’s just now that everyone’s starting to like us. =D

~ Kovu

I would say you got to T2 with relatively few transfers, given that the transfers started to occur when you were set to go to T2.

~ AoN ~

in Match-ups

Posted by: Iconik.8712

Iconik.8712

Again:

Tarnished Coast: HOMEGROWN WvWvW.

We like to build our franchise in the farm system.

Oh Hey Girl – Troll Thief Extraordinaire Tarnished Coast – www.twitch.tv/iconikk

in Match-ups

Arkanfel.8403

Good luck to them.

Don’t be that guy.

If you would actually read the conversation you were replying to the time frame give for Tc going to “full” status was two weeks, thus why i chose two weeks. Nice try.

He still has a point. DB is getting all kinds of crap for recruiting guilds so they can compete in T2. It doesn’t really matter to me what people respect or not, you can’t compete if you don’t have the population.

I didn’t bring up TC being full to deride them, I’m just pointing out that no one has… well, pointed it out. DB is getting pooped on because people are transferring there and I don’t really think that’s fair, and I highly doubt that TC has never ever ever gotten any transfers. I just think it’s silly to look down on another server for that reason. If people want to play on @@server@@, they have every right. They paid their $60 and their transfer fee just like the rest of us. You don’t have to like it, but to come on the forums and make a big deal out of it is just childish.

Now let’s go sit by the fire and sing Kumbaya or something. This pointless angst is making my head hurt.

in Match-ups

Posted by: sparklevision.8109

sparklevision.8109

The thing about TC is..

it has toast
it has coast
it has roast
it has post
it has host
it has doast

AND

it has cheesecake with blueberries on

Furnished Host | Angels of Eternal Destiny
On hiatus from GW2 since mid-July 2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Faeryll.1673

Faeryll.1673

For the Bruce!

in Match-ups

Asudementio.8526

Good luck to them.

Don’t be that guy.

He still has a point. DB is getting all kinds of crap for recruiting guilds so they can compete in T2. It doesn’t really matter to me what people respect or not, you can’t compete if you don’t have the population.

I didn’t bring up TC being full to deride them, I’m just pointing out that no one has… well, pointed it out. DB is getting pooped on because people are transferring there and I don’t really think that’s fair, and I highly doubt that TC has never ever ever gotten any transfers. I just think it’s silly to look down on another server for that reason. If people want to play on @@server@@, they have every right. They paid their $60 and their transfer fee just like the rest of us. You don’t have to like it, but to come on the forums and make a big deal out of it is just childish.

Now let’s go sit by the fire and sing Kumbaya or something. This pointless angst is making my head hurt.

That being said, I love how DB is still getting all the negative attention despite TC’s observable population increase. They weren’t “full” two weeks ago, but I don’t see people saying they deserve to be disrespected for it."

What you said explicitly states you think TC should be scrutinized for its server status going to full in the same that DB is for being a bandwagon destination. How is this anything other than an attempt at derision. It’s fine if it is but don’t play so innocent.

Leader of [Suh]
#TeamEvonforever

in Match-ups

Posted by: lani.7431

lani.7431

Good luck to them.

Don’t be that guy.

I find it funny that members of the Tarnished Coast think that Dragonbrand is dishonorable. Do I need to drag up the history of Tarnished Coast? What did people in your forums discuss when you were in T3 hammering us? Do you really want us to bring this up again? Then again evidence of people plotting to try to become friends of Dragonbrand so that we would team up against Fort Aspenwood with Tarnished Coast? (Information with screenshots was posted in our forums). So please lay off the dishonorable crap… you’re going to stir up your own servers kitten pile. No one on our server bought guilds, our WvW guilds decided to help guilds who had already decided to move here. They were not paid to move to DB they were helped.

Lani [Krew] – BP
Former [EA] DB Commander

in Match-ups

Aurust.8961

I log on and see RE spamming Mag LA mapchat trying to recruit.

Insert milkshake joke here.

Page 2 from tier 3 thread. If someone on DB was wondering why you guys are getting negative attention ( not from me, since i dont care), recruiting efforts such as this will get you that. Not to mention coming into tier 1 thread and saying how DB is going to take tier 1 by surprise etc.

JQ WvW

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mister Mustard.7203

Mister Mustard.7203

I don’t understand that philosophy.

If a server receives an influx of players, which puts them on par with the servers above them, why is that a bad thing?

If a sports team lands the high-price, big name free agent, are they then “tainted” because they didn’t do it with less talent?

If the game is about coverage, and someone decides to address that issue, why are they badmouthed for trying?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pervin.5036

Pervin.5036

Dear FA,

We saw the super secret RP walk and bailed. (wink, wink)

Congratz on SM!

(Kidding you guys earned it!)

Love,

TC

Jayne, I hate to be the bearer of bad news and tarnish the image of FA, but there is a growing population that participates in RP Tuesdays. Granted, it mostly involves a lot of alcohol being consumed as we track invaders with our sonar beards and slay them for their dastardly acts, however, in recent weeks the participants have been growing in number.

I’m sorry if this will forever ruin your image of our server. I know the hubby (not really her husband) has been itching to tell you but he just didn’t have the heart to.

[HB] Commander Skarlack – Necro
http://blackgatewvw.com/

in Match-ups

Aurust.8961

If a server receives an influx of players, which puts them on par with the servers above them, why is that a bad thing?

If a sports team lands the high-price, big name free agent, are they then “tainted” because they didn’t do it with less talent?

If the game is about coverage, and someone decides to address that issue, why are they badmouthed for trying?

How would you feel if tier 1 players came into DB LA and started spamming recruitment messages to shore up their coverage?

JQ WvW

in Match-ups

Arkanfel.8403

What you said explicitly states you think TC should be scrutinized for its server status going to full in the same that DB is for being a bandwagon destination. How is this anything other than an attempt at derision. It’s fine if it is but don’t play so innocent.

No, what that passage says is that DB is being ripped for increasing their population, and TC isn’t despite being full. DB is not (at least not that I’ve seen) but we’re the ones getting pooped on for some reason.

Pointing out a double standard should not be taken as an insult to the server, it should be taken as a smack on the nose to forum warriors. It just seems a little silly to me to mock DB for its population/turnout increase when it still has less than TC. I mean hell, TC is full right now and it’s 2pm EST on a weekday.

in Match-ups

Jayne.9251

Good luck to them.

Don’t be that guy.

I find it funny that members of the Tarnished Coast think that Dragonbrand is dishonorable. Do I need to drag up the history of Tarnished Coast? What did people in your forums discuss when you were in T3 hammering us? Do you really want us to bring this up again? Then again evidence of people plotting to try to become friends of Dragonbrand so that we would team up against Fort Aspenwood with Tarnished Coast? (Information with screenshots was posted in our forums). So please lay off the dishonorable crap… you’re going to stir up your own servers kitten pile. No one on our server bought guilds, our WvW guilds decided to help guilds who had already decided to move here. They were not paid to move to DB they were helped.

First off, Aurust is on SoR and not TC. You responding pointing the finger yet again at TC is unwarranted. But it’s the first thing you do, every time.

You became the darling of TC when you copy/pasted an entire post from our private forum in an official match thread you weren’t even a part of — way back in the middle of April waaay before DB even got to Tier2. That was completely tasteless and you’ve been stirring up drama for a long time.

We also happen to have screen grabs from DB whispering TC asking them to team up against FA. So what you’re saying is silly, as usual.

Stop being the drama queen. Seriously.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gellor.6497

Gellor.6497

How would you feel if tier 1 players came into DB LA and started spamming recruitment messages to shore up their coverage?

WTF I promised to stay off the forums for the week, but I must answer this….. They did to recruit our SEA guilds

Bodacious Gellor/Adela Grace/Cherry Poptartz [rB]
www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart