05/17/2013 NA Tier 2: DB/TC/FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Wow lots of FA guilds are leaving no wonder their strength is dropping. Their coverage suck right now. Alot of guilds are leaving, some we have great fights with like [BT] & [VK] they leaving to Blackgate. I wonder who will defend their homeland now, all that is left is what [RET]?

For past couple of days they seem to be outman all the time even during their prime time. Perfect time to take all their stuff :p

Our destination is not set as of right now.

Sad to see you guys go. You were worthy opponents on the battlefield.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gellor.6497

Gellor.6497

Nobody ticks for +340ppts on reset. That said, I love your cardboard fort. Keep us updated on your holiday! I’m actually enjoying the little updates.

We did for the 1st hour on reset. Then downhill lol

Oh fair enough then, I wasn’t watching! But it’s very rare so props to you guys lol. And I would just ignore what Danelon.5146/Uuuonl says.

Imagine if BT and Agg became 1 guild….. I would /leave map

Bodacious Gellor/Adela Grace/Cherry Poptartz [rB]
www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I would howl if that happened because some BT folks were the most vocal about guilds transferring within the same tier and how wrong that was.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Nobody ticks for +340ppts on reset. That said, I love your cardboard fort. Keep us updated on your holiday! I’m actually enjoying the little updates.

We did for the 1st hour on reset. Then downhill lol

Oh fair enough then, I wasn’t watching! But it’s very rare so props to you guys lol. And I would just ignore what Danelon.5146/Uuuonl says.

Imagine if BT and Agg became 1 guild….. I would /leave map

Omai. Don’t say such things.

I think there are some “cultural” differences between the two guilds though, which might keep them from meshing well. Same goes for VK… /shrug

in Match-ups

Gellor.6497

I would howl if that happened because some BT folks were the most vocal about guilds transferring within the same tier and how wrong that was.

It wouldn’t happen just think about how tough they would be to kill…… shakes

www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Gellor.6497

I hope they stay on FA since FA has a great community

www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Posted by: Arkanfel.8403

Arkanfel.8403

I understand you CO guys are trying to help/rally DB, but wouldn’t strategic conversations about what should and shouldn’t be done be better kept on DB’s private forums? Posting it here likely will alienate a larger portion of the population that’s out there trying their best.

This. While the conversation probably needs to happen, when a new transfer guild starts giving constructive criticism, it can come across as “I know you guys have been here for a long time, but you’re doing it all wrong.” Probably best to keep those discussions off the official forums.

Sorry, not trying to criticize, I just really like the fight that DB brings. Wouldn’t want drama to interfere with your ability to bring the pain. ;-)

I don’t really see what the problem is, honestly. All that’s been said is that we need to buckle down and get on the same page. These things are being discussed in more detail behind closed doors, but I don’t see anything wrong with expressing a little self-awareness here. I know it’s important to keep morale up, but not everyone reads the server forums, and I think they deserve to know that people are aware of the problem and are trying to fix it. Painting too rosy a picture (“we’re doing just great guys!! keep it up!!”) can have its consequences too, and some of them were manifest on Kaineng.

Sarabi “the Roaring Fury” Aminata

in Match-ups

Gellor.6497

Given I’m not around so I have no idea what’s going on, I’m still very surprised DB would allow TC to take most of our home map. Guys need to have a meeting, reorganize, rally , and lock it down. Home BL is always your #1 priority. If you are raiding on another map switch back for a few moments, knock them out, and go back to your previous map (which you should be holding with arrow carts until your return).

DB NA forces clearly have the strength and numbers as on reset we could tick 340 PPT 1 hour in with no problem. Again, organize raid times to overlap with other guilds, build a stronger relation with our Oceanic and SEA guilds to coordinate their raid times, and lastly, reaching out to the same commanders that lead everyday (that are not in the major powerhouse guilds) and have a talk with them on how they can maximize the effort their spending in aiding our PPT.

Lions Arch response times should be used to. If your getting screwed on your home map, hop in LA and yell for help. If you see the call for help switch between your guilds and ask for a quick surge of reinforcements even if you can only contribute for 5 minutes. you are doing something to help.

Get back to building those cardboard box forts!!!!

www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hadan.2841

Hadan.2841

So how long until we see DB offer to pay for BT’s transfers lol jp.

Leader/Driver of Krew/MR

in Match-ups

Gellor.6497

I*ll pay for yours!

www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Posted by: Saruon.4085

Saruon.4085

Sad to hear BT is leaving, you guys were fun to fight!

Goodluck on your future endeavors!!

[Aggression] -Relentless by Nature-
We <3 Haters
The Prophet of Aggression

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

I*ll pay for yours!

I’m getting serious Deja Vu by this exchange…. This seems to be an inadvertant parody on another conversation from a couple months ago…. :-O

in Match-ups

Gellor.6497

I*ll pay for yours!

I’m getting serious Deja Vu by this exchange…. This seems to be an inadvertant parody on another conversation from a couple months ago…. :-O

I like Wreck… So I don’t get it

www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hadan.2841

Hadan.2841

Ppl dont knw we use to be on DB. I may be on FA now but still keep in touch with alot of ppl on DB. nuthin i say or they say to me should be taken serious

Leader/Driver of Krew/MR

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

I*ll pay for yours!

I think there was a conversation in one of the old KN/FA/TC threads that said basically “So how long until <someserver> pays for <anotherguild>’s transfer?” And then someone from TC said something very similar in response.

Sorry. Brain. Tangent. Back on topic.

in Match-ups

Gellor.6497

I*ll pay for yours!

I think there was a conversation in one of the old KN/FA/TC threads that said basically “So how long until <someserver> pays for <anotherguild>’s transfer?” And then someone from TC said something very similar in response.

Sorry. Brain. Tangent. Back on topic.

Oh thanks, I didn’t mean anything implicit by it.

www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kreaven.3172

Kreaven.3172

BT/VK, let me start by saying I wish you would stay on FA. I am not in your guilds so I dont know why your leaving. But if you have to leave I would hope you would not try to destabilize a tier. If FA drops, which would be a few weeks at the least there is no server that is currently ready to come up. But again if you have to go, Please don’t bandwagon a top of the tier server. Personally I would go to a server that is losing to help balance the tier for better fights. Which is what I am told is what you like.

Commander Ravana Mace[CERN] – 80 Ranger
~Tarnished Coast since the beginning

in Match-ups

Posted by: PredatoR.5247

PredatoR.5247

As far as I know, half of VK have already joined Agg on DB.

yes

Jericho The Usurper[Agg] – Aggression

in Match-ups

Posted by: Calvin.5380

Calvin.5380

Wow lots of FA guilds are leaving no wonder their strength is dropping. Their coverage suck right now. Alot of guilds are leaving, some we have great fights with like [BT] & [VK] they leaving to Blackgate. I wonder who will defend their homeland now, all that is left is what [RET]?

For past couple of days they seem to be outman all the time even during their prime time. Perfect time to take all their stuff :p

But why leave FA? I’m curious, but also selfish in asking this — BT is one of the best guilds we’ve come up against, and it’s always nice to fight them. If you leave this tier, it will not only impact FA, but also the other two servers. Why, BT, why? Aren’t you having fun here?

Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Posted by: IRSyKo.5843

IRSyKo.5843

But why leave FA? I’m curious, but also selfish in asking this — BT is one of the best guilds we’ve come up against, and it’s always nice to fight them. If you leave this tier, it will not only impact FA, but also the other two servers. Why, BT, why? Aren’t you having fun here?

Not particularly

Through discipline, we prevail.
[BT]
Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Not particularly

Well at least they are honest. Bottom line is, if you and your guild aren’t having fun, maybe it’s time for a change. It’s a video game at the end of the day, if BT isn’t having fun with it, I hope they find a place they can have some fun

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Considering BT/VK had a habit of pushing TC, as long as they don’t run to DB (aside from the completed Agg transfers), this seems like a move that’s more favorable to TC.

/shrug

Still very sad to see you guys leaving FA. Seemed like you were part of what defined it.

in Match-ups

Posted by: ganeshori.6309

ganeshori.6309

If BT or VK leaves…then they leave. If you cant handle the heat….buh bye. You either have pride in your server or home as I like to call it….and pride in your community. If not, oh well… no love lost then. Those of BT or VK that chooses to stay…or any other guild…. hell any single player that chooses to stand and fight. My utmost respect goes out to you.

Sgt Rock / Necrotic Charm —- Dcon
2nd Battalion / 5th Marines – Hotel Company – Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

PredatoR.5247

Good matchup so far guys been a lot of fun and look forward to the next week.

I have been asked by a lot of people as of late, how many members Aggression actually has or how big we are etc, I hope this answers all those questions:

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/8418/aggguildlist.png

shout outs to the TC guilds we’ve come across this week so far for open field fights:
-CERN
-EP
-PiNK
-TSL
-TV

looking for more! and goodjob TC

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

If BT or VK leaves…then they leave. If you cant handle the heat….buh bye. You either have pride in your server or home as I like to call it….and pride in your community. If not, oh well… no love lost then. Those of BT or VK that chooses to stay…or any other guild…. hell any single player that chooses to stand and fight. My utmost respect goes out to you.

On this note, other than the point dip a couple days ago, FA has been largely holding its own without BT and VK on the field. I think BT and VK played a part in FA’s success, but they were by NO means responsible for it.

in Match-ups

Posted by: whitespirit.9734

whitespirit.9734

Yep we are too strong. Had to give up some awesome guilds to make it an even match up for next week.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Andy.9137

Andy.9137

whatever they do is their business, personally I have too much pride to leave FA.

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

I have been asked by a lot of people as of late, how many members Aggression actually has or how big we are etc, I hope this answers all those questions:

shout outs to the TC guilds we’ve come across this week so far for open field fights:
-CERN
-EP
-PiNK
-TSL
-TV

I’m impressed! Your zerg attendance percentage is extraordinary. Is that member count before or after some of VK joined up? If after, I’m even more impressed. I know we keep gushing about you guys, but you’re seriously providing some of the funnest and most challenging fights a lot of us have seen…

in Match-ups

PredatoR.5247

-CERN
-EP
-PiNK
-TSL
-TV

I’m impressed! Your zerg attendance percentage is extraordinary. Is that member count before or after some of VK joined up? If after, I’m even more impressed. I know we keep gushing about you guys, but you’re seriously providing some of the funnest and most challenging fights a lot of us have seen…

hi thanks, only 10 members are ex-VK

in Match-ups

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

well since ur leaving t2 for t1 plzz look at jq over bg

and im from sor so its not uh why not r server thing

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in Match-ups

Posted by: ganeshori.6309

ganeshori.6309

As I posted that, I do feel that I gotta say. I do have alot of respect for BT, VK too, just dont know them or have fought with them as much as I did with BT. So I sucks and kitten es me off to see them leave, if this is the truth. I would follow BT into any battle at any odds. Win or lose, I would feel good about what I did to contribute.

But I wont bandwagon to some other silly server. Did Darkhaven for Beta 1…..been a Aspenwooder ever since. And we’ve made it to the upper crust… there are only 5 other servers above us, out of the whole NA set.

So if ya leave, ya leave. Better luck elsewhere I guess.

Sgt Rock / Necrotic Charm —- Dcon
2nd Battalion / 5th Marines – Hotel Company – Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mayoken.9851

Mayoken.9851

Cool news that Agg and some ex-VK are meshing nicely. It’s interesting how some people say half of VK joined Agg when in reality JERICO said it was 10 people. As to the rest of VK and BT you guys are simply awesome and will make a good impact wherever you go. Choose very very carefully.

Mayoken [PLX] Plexity – Lieutenant – 7nth lvl 80 WW
Blackgate – www.plexity.guildportal.com –
Founder of [CO] | Nov ’12 2012 – May ’13 2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

Bottom line is, if you ... aren’t having fun, maybe it’s time for a change... I hope they find a place they can have some fun

I completely agree. I recently transferred onto TC. It was one of those things where I wasn’t having much fun, especially with a ton of stuff going on in the background of that pesky real life thing, so I jumped. I dunno, without my RL drama, maybe I would have stayed. Maybe not. At least being in a guild didn’t figure into my case.

That being said, I strongly encourage EVERYONE to taste the Toast! Preferably in that kindly burnt bread of a server, with tasty spread, sort of way. Not in that kill you and tear out your heart for a snack kind of way. But if that floats your WvW boat, then go ahead. But really, ew. Grainy goodness. Better than meaty goodness.

Salty Goodness, yeeeah boooy!

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Aeonblade.8709

Bottom line is, if you … aren’t having fun, maybe it’s time for a change… I hope they find a place they can have some fun

I completely agree. I recently transferred onto TC. It was one of those things where I wasn’t having much fun, especially with a ton of stuff going on in the background of that pesky real life thing, so I jumped. I dunno, without my RL drama, maybe I would have stayed. Maybe not. At least being in a guild didn’t figure into my case.

That being said, I strongly encourage EVERYONE to taste the Toast! Preferably in that kindly burnt bread of a server, with tasty spread, sort of way. Not in that kill you and tear out your heart for a snack kind of way. But if that floats your WvW boat, then go ahead. But really, ew. Grainy goodness. Better than meaty goodness.

Salty Goodness, yeeeah boooy!

Oh noes, my kindly sentiment has turned into a TC recruitment toast….er…post

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sunspots.9861

Sunspots.9861

Sorry to hear BT is leaving FA. They were the heart and soul of Fort Aspenweod for a very long time and I’m sure any server they end up on will instantly see it reflected in the score. See you guys around.

Auburn Skies – Retired- Ranger of [PiNK]
When wvw was still fun feat. [PiNK]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lanimal.6541

Lanimal.6541

I thought people like IRSyko and Malose held the FA community together to a large extent (At least for the NA timezone). In terms of numbers leaving it might not be a drastic impact but in terms of influential people / commanders It might be a very big loss for FA.

Theongreyjoy
[VoTF] www.votf.net

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

Wherever BT goes i hope you are happy and find good fights; it has been a pleasure fighting you for as long as we have i wish the best for your guild going forward.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in Match-ups

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

Oh noes, my kindly sentiment has turned into a TC recruitment toast….er…post

When recruiting, we write a little message onto a piece of toast and put it through your letterbox.

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

When recruiting, we write our little message onto a piece of toast and put it through your letterbox.

What’s biscotti anyway? Toasted toast? I always thought someone found a way to sell stale but edible rock.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: katanah.8431

katanah.8431

-CERN
-EP
-PiNK
-TSL
-TV

Thx from TV! (and Im sure the rest would say the same) You guys have been very fun!

in Match-ups

Usagi.4835

When recruiting, we write our little message onto a piece of toast and put it through your letterbox.

What’s biscotti anyway? Toasted toast? I always thought someone found a way to sell stale but edible rock.

Biscotti is gross, that’s what it is.

in Match-ups

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

I*ll pay for yours!

to a different tier :P

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

It’s one of those things that is trying SO hard to be good, but just can’t quite manage.

I think it’s just dried out bread. You’re supposed to dip it in coffee or something?

in Match-ups

Aeonblade.8709

It’s one of those things that is trying SO hard to be good, but just can’t quite manage.

I think it’s just dried out bread. You’re supposed to dip it in coffee or something?

Reminds me of when I go to restaurant, order a 30 dollar steak dinner, and the salad comes with a bunch of bread from last year all over it. Come on guys? Really? At least spring for croutons/rocks that taste good.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Delune.4817

Delune.4817

Reticle [RET] is staying on FA, it has become our home. We do not plan to transfer in the near future. Yes our numbers are downed i would say, but that’s ok! outmanned buff is soo much fun! XD Just the other day in EB we were out manned and i was like ok guys lets PV Door and people enjoyed PV dooring while a TC zerg roamed around EB FA had a community meeting last night and we believe that the split/ leaving of VK and leaving of BT will not effect us too drastically.

Commander All The Delune, Fort Aspenwood
Guild Leader of [TK]
“FA, stomping bandwagons since 2012….”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Delune.4817

Delune.4817

Also right now DB your PPT is terrible…… :S

Commander All The Delune, Fort Aspenwood
Guild Leader of [TK]
“FA, stomping bandwagons since 2012….”

in Match-ups

Usagi.4835

Coffee is kind of gross as well, so it works.

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Reticle [RET] is staying on FA, it has become our home. We do not plan to transfer in the near future. Yes our numbers are downed i would say, but that’s ok! outmanned buff is soo much fun! XD Just the other day in EB we were out manned and i was like ok guys lets PV Door and people enjoyed PV dooring while a TC zerg roamed around EB FA had a community meeting last night and we believe that the split/ leaving of VK and leaving of BT will not effect us too drastically.

That’s really good to hear. Gotta keep the core strong. Hopefully you retain the strength to remain in T2! If you don’t, I’m sure you’ll have a ball dominating T3.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

FA had a community meeting last night and we believe that the split/ leaving of VK and leaving of BT will not effect us too drastically.

I think Lanimal has a better grasp of our community then those at the meeting.

~ AoN ~

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Coffee is kind of gross as well, so it works.

How dare you insult the almighty coffee! Coffee is nearly as sacred as toast!!