11/13 Kaineng vs Shiverpeaks vs Anvil Rock

in WvW

Posted by: JudgeD.5673

JudgeD.5673

I’m seeing shades of DR in that AR zerg that ran my sorry rear over 5 times tonight. Brings back the memories…

The Robertsons – Julie, Lyana, Adrian, and Lewis
CrSy/LaWz
Tarnished Coast Server (formerly of Kaineng)

in WvW

Posted by: lBANKAll.2183

lBANKAll.2183

TCMM goodwork in kainengs BL was fun.

Got my thief to lvl 13

Commander IBANKAI Lord of Quaggans
[ALS] Anvil’s Last Stand Guild Leader

in WvW

Posted by: jkctmc.8754

jkctmc.8754

The large guild Sekz left DR to join Kaining this week. DR, and/or BP might suffer when they get bumped down with the guilds they’re losing.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece
80 Thief – 80 Warrior – 80 Guardian – 80 Ranger
80 Mesmer – 80 Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: StormWolf.7645

StormWolf.7645

The large guild Sekz left DR to join Kaining this week. DR, and/or BP might suffer when they get bumped down with the guilds they’re losing.

Reset night I actually saw that Guild on NSP…about 15 of them…

in WvW

jkctmc.8754

Reset night I actually saw that Guild on NSP…about 15 of them…

That’s why I shouldn’t do multiple things at once. I meant NSP.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece

in WvW

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

what I’ve learned on anvil rock is……

kaineng is just as bad as they were in T8.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in WvW

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

GG. We take back 2 towers through breakouts and are met by this.

We cant defend that.

@bradderzh there are ways to defend on that, and in all honesty that is a poor use of prints and supply on the attackers part. At work though, will work out a few new tower layouts after I get back in the game now that I see the strategies they are using.

In that screenshot, I can see two locations on the wall where I would deploy arrow carts to nuke those catapults. One superior arrow cart may have been sufficient to end that attempt, though that isn’t to say that Kaineng wouldn’t have eventually owned that tower.

Did you read the chat and see on the far right an arrow cart build site?

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

in WvW

Posted by: Mastermavrick.2439

Mastermavrick.2439

You guys love your catapults and interesting placement with nice guard of ballistas.

Attachments:

The Revenant Apostle [Rvnt]→ DragonBand
Kaiji Ruko – 80 Ranger, Revanat Shadowdeath – 80 Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Vistal.2906

Vistal.2906

See the trick there is ELE’s need to protect siege . thats 1 thing keing has going for them. A bunch of good eles defending siege from other siege. I seen it all night.The other good thing they have is a nice big WvW pop. boost .

in WvW

Posted by: Catisa.6507

Catisa.6507

You guys love your catapults and interesting placement with nice guard of ballistas.

that placement has been around forever, nothing new or special there. Anytime I siege up garrison I always place siege specifically to counter that tactic since its well known and often used.

AR

in WvW

StormWolf.7645

what I’ve learned on anvil rock is……

kaineng is just as bad as they were in T8.

We do enjoy our BDSM. It’s why we’re always spanking our opponents…we know they like it.

in WvW

Posted by: Mastermavrick.2439

Mastermavrick.2439

@Catisa huh first time I’ve noticed it i guess with all the siege on Watergate / West wall & inner gate.

The Revenant Apostle [Rvnt]→ DragonBand
Kaiji Ruko – 80 Ranger, Revanat Shadowdeath – 80 Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

was it something I said? :P

nice work taking it back.

K

Great fights tonight. I remember reading somewhere that AR’s night presence isn’t all that great – apparently that doesn’t apply on weekends. GET OUTTA MY BL! xD

And it took us hours in EB to scrub all/most of the red dye out. I’m tired. G’night.

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: nekos.2584

nekos.2584

Any one know what servers Kaineng will play next week ? So frustrating being this outnumbered and would love to be on a server that can match their numbers. Will be amusing watching them get trounced.

in WvW

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

Any one know what servers Kaineng will play next week ? So frustrating being this outnumbered and would love to be on a server that can match their numbers. Will be amusing watching them get trounced.

Actually started to respond to this… then realized, yanno, I don’t really care. xD

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Keyba.9570

Keyba.9570

overall, i’m learning alot from this fight. I like fighting really skilled servers such as yourself kaineng. Showing me very nice siege areas I can use for future battles.

Revenant is life

in WvW

nekos.2584

Actually started to respond to this… then realized, yanno, I don’t really care. xD

It’s actually a real question. I just started playing the game about a week ago and AR is not much of a WvW server, not many people in or play WvW. I’m looking for one that has the numbers that can match Kaineng and if Kaineng face a new server with a good WvW population next week i would love to be part of it.

in WvW

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

It’s actually a real question. I just started playing the game about a week ago and AR is not much of a WvW server, not many people in or play WvW. I’m looking for one that has the numbers that can match Kaineng and if Kaineng face a new server with a good WvW population next week i would love to be part of it.

If you’ve been playing just a week then why the hate against Kaineng? I’m guessing you’ve let others decide your opinion for you on the matter?

In any even it’s hard to say what the competition will be like in higher tiers for us until we get there.

in WvW

nekos.2584

If you’ve been playing just a week then why the hate against Kaineng? I’m guessing you’ve let others decide your opinion for you on the matter?

In any even it’s hard to say what the competition will be like in higher tiers for us until we get there.

No hate at all. Like i said, I’m looking for a server that has a WvW population that can match Kaineng but not a top tier server… If next week they face such a server i would love to be part of it. It would be fun for me to watch / participate in the trouncing of Kaineng. It has nothing to do with hate. It’s respect and i got none of it for Kaineng after this week. Oh and sorry to all those that were originally on that server before the few zerg guilds that couldn’t hack it else where showed up.

(edited by nekos.2584)

in WvW

StormWolf.7645

No hate at all. Like i said, I’m looking for a server that has a WvW population that can match Kaineng but not a top tier server… If next week they face such a server i would love to be part of it. It would be fun for me to watch / participate in the trouncing of Kaineng. It has nothing to do with hate, it’s respect and i got none of it for Kaineng after this week. Oh and sorry to all those that were originally on that server before the few zerg guilds that couldn’t hack it else where showed up.

1) If you’re looking for a Server that will equal our Population, you’re looking at at least Tier 3. DR, BP…both are extremely weak now. Likely the equal of AR.

2) Kaineng will never be “Trounced”, eventually we’ll be beaten, but it will be one helluva fight the whole way. Kaineng was in last place forever, we’re used to losing…we never give up though.

3) The way so many people are looking down on RE, DE and WM is sad…because they are all good Guilds deserving respect. They have skills and use them for the whole of the Server. They all “hacked it”, they moved due to personal reasons, not cowardly ones. This sentiment has to stop eventually…

in WvW

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

No hate at all. Like i said, I’m looking for a server that has a WvW population that can match Kaineng but not a top tier server… If next week they face such a server i would love to be part of it. It would be fun for me to watch / participate in the trouncing of Kaineng. It has nothing to do with hate. It’s respect and i got none of it for Kaineng after this week. Oh and sorry to all those that were originally on that server before the few zerg guilds that couldn’t hack it else where showed up.

So in the infinite wisdom that you’ve managed to gain in just 1 week of playing the game you’ve grown to understand why the guilds that are full of people who have been playing the game since it was launched did the things we did? That we gave the servers we started on every chance we possibly could to grow and did what we could to see that happen?

There comes a time when you have to stop worrying about others are doing and start worrying about you and the people you spend your time with are doing. We made that judgment call and it wasn’t easy for us and we don’t need some one who has only been playing the game 1 week judging us for actions they know nothing about.

Sorry if this post is harsh but it’s the truth.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

in WvW

nekos.2584

So in the infinite wisdom that you’ve managed to gain in just 1 week of playing the game you’ve grown to understand why the guilds that are full of people who have been playing the game since it was launched did the things we did? That we gave the servers we started on every chance we possibly could to grow and did what we could to see that happen?

There comes a time when you have to stop worrying about others are doing and worrying about you and the people you spend your time with are doing. We made that judgment call and it wasn’t easy for us and we don’t need some one who has only been playing the game 1 week judging us for actions they know nothing about.

Sorry if this post is harsh but it’s the truth.

No, In my infinite wisdom i have learned that the easiest way to kitten some one off is to tell them the truth …

in WvW

Posted by: FreeseMan.3607

FreeseMan.3607

Well im going back to kaineng in 2 hours been gone for along time. Hope to see you all out on the battlefield

in WvW

Posted by: Godfather.8217

Godfather.8217

I had an oppurtunity to finally fight Kain’s forces today, prior to going to work. So far I’m not seeing any reason for all this great praise towards Kain’s forces, the only thing I like about fighting them so far is the fact when i monitor these forums, not a single post about “dominating” or bragging is coming from their players. I like that, this wasn’t the case vs BP, or DR when they came running through here after there transfers.

I will say this and this is just my assessment of the situation.

1. I haven’t seen anything new or game changing for the lower tiers from this server, all this hype of you guys gaining t1 guilds and are going to show us new things, hasn’t taken it’s effect, at least not to me. Your all rather predictable, and so far I’ve seen nothing but 10 – 20 man groups running around hitting various places, no small teams so far from what i’ve gathered.

2. I don’t know how EB is like as i’ve stayed away from those areas myself, but what i do notice in the borderlands, you run in zergs, zergs in a good way, sticking together in tight large groups vice tight small groups.

3. I’m looking at the scores, and as my server slowly loses it’s population to sleep, just as NSP faces the same problem, Kain remains to have a rather sizable force. This is a huge advantage. So by all means, Kain, your not winning in “skill”, but clearly in the fact of a larger wvw population compared to us.

4. I’ve mentioned this in the past, but when you have a solid group to defend siege equipment, placing siege in the open is a great strategy, and very intimidating to the least, again though your advantage is you have more players out in the field to defend than the possible attackers that would make an attempt at the placement. Nothing new there.

5. I’m taking this for what it is, it’s another week, being rolled by another over wvw populated server compared to the opponents. Trying to find the tier they belong in.

@storm

I can understand the resentment towards the transferred guilds, perhaps the opinion is different because it was Kain’s server they decided to transfer to, which benefited you guys alot. My question is if Kain was such a great server in WvW, why were you guys down there in the lowest tier for a long time. You guys have a 900 man guild SoS i believe, that has been in that server since day 1 am i correct?, Now these major guilds transfer in and suddenly your all jumping tiers? Let’s do the connection here.

@ Keyba

Should watch how we place siege to defend keeps and such, and I believe i’ve offered working with you for a while now. If you need help placing siege, just ask.

I have been very busy since reset to lead any major operations, but I promise that Kaineng will get my full attention as soon as I’m free.

Syndicate of Shadows, Anvil rock
Darksavage – 80 Ranger Shadowena – 80 Thief
Darkside Syndicate – 80 Mesmer

in WvW

StormWolf.7645

@storm

I can understand the resentment towards the transferred guilds, perhaps the opinion is different because it was Kain’s server they decided to transfer to, which benefited you guys alot. My question is if Kain was such a great server in WvW, why were you guys down there in the lowest tier for a long time. You guys have a 900 man guild SoS i believe, that has been in that server since day 1 am i correct?, Now these major guilds transfer in and suddenly your all jumping tiers? Let’s do the connection here.

Remember DR?…They didn’t grow much at all from their time in T8. I fought them on NSP and saw their numbers…there was little different from what we were fighting while we were down in T8. That’s why we were in T8 for awhile. If all the Fergs people hadn’t left FC, they’d be the next Server rolling up this way as they weren’t far behind Kaineng in strength. I would put what Ferg -was- at equal to what I’ve seen out of AR so far.

in WvW

Posted by: Littlefeather.8623

Littlefeather.8623

I had an oppurtunity to finally fight Kain’s forces today, prior to going to work. So far I’m not seeing any reason for all this great praise towards Kain’s forces, the only thing I like about fighting them so far is the fact when i monitor these forums, not a single post about “dominating” or bragging is coming from their players. I like that, this wasn’t the case vs BP, or DR when they came running through here after there transfers.

1. I haven’t seen anything new or game changing for the lower tiers from this server, all this hype of you guys gaining t1 guilds and are going to show us new things, hasn’t taken it’s effect, at least not to me. Your all rather predictable, and so far I’ve seen nothing but 10 – 20 man groups running around hitting various places, no small teams so far from what i’ve gathered.

2. I don’t know how EB is like as i’ve stayed away from those areas myself, but what i do notice in the borderlands, you run in zergs, zergs in a good way, sticking together in tight large groups vice tight small groups.

3. I’m looking at the scores, and as my server slowly loses it’s population to sleep, just as NSP faces the same problem, Kain remains to have a rather sizable force. This is a huge advantage. So by all means, Kain, your not winning in “skill”, but clearly in the fact of a larger wvw population compared to us.

4. I’ve mentioned this in the past, but when you have a solid group to defend siege equipment, placing siege in the open is a great strategy, and very intimidating to the least, again though your advantage is you have more players out in the field to defend than the possible attackers that would make an attempt at the placement. Nothing new there.

5. I’m taking this for what it is, it’s another week, being rolled by another over wvw populated server compared to the opponents. Trying to find the tier they belong in.

@storm

@ Keyba

Should watch how we place siege to defend keeps and such, and I believe i’ve offered working with you for a while now. If you need help placing siege, just ask.

I have been very busy since reset to lead any major operations, but I promise that Kaineng will get my full attention as soon as I’m free.

I admit having numbers relieves a lot of pressure on the field, but at T4, they have numbers too. And yes, a lot of Commanders are predictable paint and roll, but every commander has his or her thing about them too. If I had the numbers I’d roll like Maguuma and have one distraction zerg elsewhere and another hitting the actual target, or keep our own Gorilla squads constant throughout the day. We are rehearsing new ideas and routines with some professions as well, when that time comes we can use. Or myself which I pride on setting up great defense siege, and constantly going over the basic fundamentals of defending an objective. Have you tried to push on EH in NSP BL lateley?

today was fun, thats what I enjoy, I hope yall enjoy it too, to some extent. GN

Crazy Leg

in WvW

jkctmc.8754

@storm

Remember DR?…They didn’t grow much at all from their time in T8. I fought them on NSP and saw their numbers…there was little different from what we were fighting while we were down in T8. That’s why we were in T8 for awhile. If all the Fergs people hadn’t left FC, they’d be the next Server rolling up this way as they weren’t far behind Kaineng in strength. I would put what Ferg -was- at equal to what I’ve seen out of AR so far.

Actually they did. You don’t think ET, HoD, NSP, and others dropped because they all of a sudden got bad at WvW, do you?

Kain got probably 900 transfers just from three guilds, 400+ from one guild alone.

That makes a HUGE difference. But hey, it is what it is, and there is a thread on the first page where the deves have said they’re aware of the issue, and are discussing a fix to transfers that will prevent these issues in the future.

Quite frankly, it isn’t fun for me to win by a large margin, nor is it fun for me to lose by a large margin. It’s a waste of a week because I never PvE, and sPvP is so watered down with nerfs, it isn’t worth the trouble. So the only thing I have is WvW, what I come to this game for.

The best fight I have ever had was pre-release while still on Henge of Denravi, and we had a three way fight at our Garrison that lasted six hours, which we finally won. But alas, once guilds got beat by Henge of Denravi, and the Titan alliance, by week two we had SIX HOUR queue times, and people like me left because with work, family, college, etc we were not able to play in WvW because the horde of transfers Henge of Denravi got.

Transfers have ruined this game for a lot of people, it just sucks they didn’t catch the issue earlier. I know some very large guilds who are down to 20 players because people quit, due to the issues revolving around transfers.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece

in WvW

Godfather.8217

@storm

@ Keyba

I admit having numbers relieves a lot of pressure on the field, but at T4, they have numbers too. And yes, a lot of Commanders are predictable paint and roll, but every commander has his or her thing about them too. If I had the numbers I’d roll like Maguuma and have one distraction zerg elsewhere and another hitting the actual target, or keep our own Gorilla squads constant throughout the day. We are rehearsing new ideas and routines with some professions as well, when that time comes we can use. Or myself which I pride on setting up great defense siege, and constantly going over the basic fundamentals of defending an objective. Have you tried to push on EH in NSP BL lateley?

today was fun, thats what I enjoy, I hope yall enjoy it too, to some extent. GN

@ your signature

The fact your guild is RE and your signature saids Darkhaven, and yet your in kain fighting nsp, just goes to show about these transfers, now I could be wrong, but reading your whole message here tells me that you were part of an attack on NSP and you had fun today.

in WvW

StormWolf.7645

Actually they did. You don’t think ET, HoD, NSP, and others dropped because they all of a sudden got bad at WvW, do you?

Kain got probably 900 transfers just from three guilds, 400+ from one guild alone.

That makes a HUGE difference. But hey, it is what it is, and there is a thread on the first page where the deves have said they’re aware of the issue, and are discussing a fix to transfers that will prevent these issues in the future.

…Which Guild had 400+? Hope you don’t think it’s WM, they have a lotta folks, but not THAT many. I think it was maybe 100 tops?(Which is a lot, but they’re in the night-crew mostly with SOS…where we already had superior coverage.) RE?…Nope…they sure as heck didn’t bring 400+…they DID do a lot of recruiting though. DE?…Nah, they’re a splinter group from SE who did most of their recruiting from the PvEers who wanted to join in the victories. And those were the 3 true Transfers, only ones worth mentioning. Have we had a lot of randoms since then from each Tier we beat? Almost definitely. But please note that Kaineng “Population” is still only at “High”. What we have is a very high percentage of WvW vs. PvE Players.

The true jump-start for Kaineng was that all those people saw DR gone…So all those “New” people who came into WvW to fight DR and got crushed so quit WvW, only for more “New” people to repeat the process several times…all those people could finally play WvW. They aren’t -fully- “Fairweather” Players…they’re mostly people who never had the opportunity to learn and enjoy WvW who are finally doing just that.

As for DR…they were huge in T8 already, did they gain people since T8?…Some almost definitely, but not as many as you seem to think. The difference is we held them off. You could have done so as well at this Tier, but most of your people were dead-set on attacking without having any defense. I was here and watched the fights. This Tier gave up against DR without a real fight. I partially blame the Holiday…because I have been seeing awesome fighting spirit against Kaineng.

in WvW

jkctmc.8754

…Which Guild had 400+? Hope you don’t think it’s WM, they have a lotta folks, but not THAT many. I think it was maybe 100 tops?(Which is a lot, but they’re in the night-crew mostly with SOS…where we already had superior coverage.) RE?…Nope…they sure as heck didn’t bring 400+…they DID do a lot of recruiting though. DE?…Nah, they’re a splinter group from SE who did most of their recruiting from the PvEers who wanted to join in the victories. And those were the 3 true Transfers, only ones worth mentioning. Have we had a lot of randoms since then from each Tier we beat? Almost definitely. But please note that Kaineng “Population” is still only at “High”. What we have is a very high percentage of WvW vs. PvE Players.

The true jump-start for Kaineng was that all those people saw DR gone…So all those “New” people who came into WvW to fight DR and got crushed so quit WvW, only for more “New” people to repeat the process several times…all those people could finally play WvW. They aren’t -fully- “Fairweather” Players…they’re mostly people who never had the opportunity to learn and enjoy WvW who are finally doing just that.

As for DR…they were huge in T8 already, did they gain people since T8?…Some almost definitely, but not as many as you seem to think. The difference is we held them off. You could have done so as well at this Tier, but most of your people were dead-set on attacking without having any defense. I was here and watched the fights. This Tier gave up against DR without a real fight. I partially blame the Holiday…because I have been seeing awesome fighting spirit against Kaineng.

I’ll have to find the thread, and pray to GOD it wasn’t deleted. Before the lower tiers got major transfers there was a thread about it, and quite a few guilds made the transfer because they were unhappy with the upper tier servers, and how they were beig handled.

I just recall this one guild stating they had 400 members going to Kain.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece

in WvW

StormWolf.7645

There was about 400…between all the Guilds.

WM also had about 400 members, but only their WvW group of 100-ish was transferring.

in WvW

jkctmc.8754

There was about 400…between all the Guilds.

WM also had about 400 members, but only their WvW group of 100-ish was transferring.

That’s still a lot of people when you consider servers from tier 6 down are lucky if they can field 100 on one map during prime time, and 20 during late night hours if it isn’t a weekend.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece

in WvW

StormWolf.7645

Agreed…but as I pointed out before, the primary benefit of the transfers was actually not WM…WM is HELPFUL and very WELCOME…but the main benefit provided was the NA Coverage which Kaineng severely lacked strength in. Specifically there was little to no communication/teamwork/really anything. RE and DE got together and fixed that dilemma.

in WvW

jkctmc.8754

Agreed…but as I pointed out before, the primary benefit of the transfers was actually not WM…WM is HELPFUL and very WELCOME…but the main benefit provided was the NA Coverage which Kaineng severely lacked strength in. Specifically there was little to no communication/teamwork/really anything. RE and DE got together and fixed that dilemma.

I just wish they would merge the lower three tiers, or make it so four servers compete against each other.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece

in WvW

Godfather.8217

I wouldn’t say that NSP and AR gave up the fight, not sure what fights you were watching, but I believe the score ended up being a 100k spread between 1st and 2nd, again, NSP and AR have to sleep sometime, and DR just had better coverage, alot to do with pvd. Same thing here. Now the spread might just be abit more, since you guys can actually field more per map, than DR could in this tier. If i remember correctly they did control practically all of EB majority of the time, but had difficulties in AR borderlands, I recall this well because I had to call out NSP in the threads, wondering why they were also attacking AR while DR had full control of NSP borderlands lol. Then in one day, I logged on and saw NSP crush DR borderlands, was funny. NSP can field a solid group of players on opposite times as AR does, which is entertaining since we flip each others ownership back and forth regularly.

I certainly hope NSP doesn’t revert back into this mode though, since AR and NSP shouldn’t even care about playing for 2nd place. Kain is the real threat here, and i think they deserve all our attention lol.

in WvW

StormWolf.7645

Stuff

You are right, and I apologize, AR did tremendous against DR…What I saw was NSP giving up for most of the fight. It wasn’t until Meow joined the fight that people finally seemed willing to do anything more than cap a few camps and run away from DR. My favorite moments during that week were when myself and 3-4 others had Dawn’s as the -only- NSP holding on any Map. Which was my effort to prove to the NSP randoms that defense CAN win against Zergs if you just plan it out right. About 1/2 way through the fight NSP did wake up.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaster Sharpshooter.3640

Chaster Sharpshooter.3640

You guys have a 900 man guild SoS i believe, that has been in that server since day 1 am i correct? Now these major guilds transfer in and suddenly your all jumping tiers? Let’s do the connection here.

As the leader of SoS, let me tell you what happened.

1. Timezone coverage.
Sure, SoS is big, we can cover a lot. But most of us are Taiwanese, we have a life, and daily schedule. DR has a good EU timezone coverage that can easily take over all of our land and then be carried over during US prime time. This puts us a bad spot, and makes it almost as if working in WvW is just throwing money into a blackhole with no reward.

2. As Storm said.
We were just unfortunate that we faced DR in tier 8. After Kaineng got their first victory, and was about to go up the tiers, DR got a guild that countered us - PRO. Their coverage rendered our advantage useless. Thus every week is just like Kaineng get a head start, and let DR chase up the score.

3. We are NOT a WvW guild.
Yes, I have stressed this many times, over and over. We are NOT a WvW guild. We do WvW for guild events. Not actually putting it as first priority. In fact, we will be going for Temple of Balth in just 30 min, come join if you want

“To learn is what I need, to teach those who needs to learn is my duty …”
Chaster the Scarred – Leader of [SoS] Guilds
Server: Kaineng | Recruitment Status: Open

in WvW

Godfather.8217

Stuff

You are right, and I apologize, AR did tremendous against DR…What I saw was NSP giving up for most of the fight. It wasn’t until Meow joined the fight that people finally seemed willing to do anything more than cap a few camps and run away from DR. My favorite moments during that week were when myself and 3-4 others had Dawn’s as the -only- NSP holding on any Map. Which was my effort to prove to the NSP randoms that defense CAN win against Zergs if you just plan it out right. About 1/2 way through the fight NSP did wake up.

Since I am bored at work right now, I’m reading through the other threads, and i just had to laugh at the comment “I don’t know which borderland i’m in, everything is green” comment. Also seems like guilds are transferring out of BP and DR already. Makes me sad <—- sad face.

in WvW

Keyba.9570

@ Godfather, It’s not that I need help with siege, but I like seeing how other servers or guilds use siege. I’m always down to learn from anyone where they place their siege.

Revenant is life

in WvW

StormWolf.7645

Also seems like guilds are transferring out of BP and DR already. Makes me sad <—- sad face.

Agreed…was hoping for a rematch with DR…Now…It just won’t be the same.

in WvW

Godfather.8217

You guys have a 900 man guild SoS i believe, that has been in that server since day 1 am i correct? Now these major guilds transfer in and suddenly your all jumping tiers? Let’s do the connection here.

As the leader of SoS, let me tell you what happened.

1. Timezone coverage.
Sure, SoS is big, we can cover a lot. But most of us are Taiwanese, we have a life, and daily schedule. DR has a good EU timezone coverage that can easily take over all of our land and then be carried over during US prime time. This puts us a bad spot, and makes it almost as if working in WvW is just throwing money into a blackhole with no reward.

2. As Storm said.
We were just unfortunate that we faced DR in tier 8. After Kaineng got their first victory, and was about to go up the tiers, DR got a guild that countered us – PRO. Their coverage rendered our advantage useless. Thus every week is just like Kaineng get a head start, and let DR chase up the score.

3. We are NOT a WvW guild.
Yes, I have stressed this many times, over and over. We are NOT a WvW guild. We do WvW for guild events. Not actually putting it as first priority. In fact, we will be going for Temple of Balth in just 30 min, come join if you want

There can only be one SOS in the world buddy!!!!

Just tell me the time and place, and we’ll meet u grinz

in WvW

StormWolf.7645

SoS vs. SoS…Godfather man…I will attend your funeral.

in WvW

Godfather.8217

SoS vs. SoS…Godfather man…I will attend your funeral.

Hey if the greeks can beat the entire persian empire with 300, I have full confidence i can beat 900 members with my 30.

in WvW

StormWolf.7645

Hey if the greeks can beat the entire persian empire with 300, I have full confidence i can beat 900 members with my 30.

History reminder: They were Spartans. And they lost. XD

in WvW

Keyba.9570

Stormwolf,
A Spartan is a person from the Greek city Sparta

Revenant is life

in WvW

StormWolf.7645

Perhaps, but Spartans considered themselves a separate culture from Grecians.

in WvW

Keyba.9570

Before this tangents off any further, Having really fun fights this week, even with the, whole getting conquered.

Revenant is life

in WvW

StormWolf.7645

Before this tangents off any further, Having really fun fights this week, even with the, whole getting conquered.

That’s your fault. If you guys would stop being awesome and tenacious we’d be vacationing in PvE again. :p

in WvW

Posted by: endeavor.7530

endeavor.7530

Good luck Anvil Rock and Northern Shiverpeaks,

Sincerely,
Gate of Maddness and Henge of Denravi

Server: Fort Aspenwood
Main: Endeavorr

in WvW

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

Sincerely I really had great time fighting you guys. I Don’t have to run around very much to find a good fight. On the first night I was really impressed by how WM worked togheter.

Thanks and good luck to everyone.

Heiann – NSP