2013 - BG-Kain-TC

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Berkut.2837

Berkut.2837

Some good back and forth near the SE tower in BGBL this morning. It was entertaining to try and dance around the zergs and try to stay alive. Nice takedown of hills too.

Auri Nimayil: Lvl 80 Thief (Kaineng)

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Hydrophidian.4319

Hydrophidian.4319

Yes, home border land’s defense can be very frustrating in T2, but try your hands with offensive BLs, your opinion of WvW being boring might change. And you play a thief, one of the funnest profs in WvW, once you get enough experiences you’d be able to pull off some crazy stunts

It’s not boring, really, it’s just that it feels like we’re against impossible odds. I don’t think we are bad by any means at all, we just don’t have the numbers. After a few hours, it starts to feel pointless to try anymore. But try we do.

Part of this is just the nature of the home borderland, where every server is pretty consistently getting double-teamed. Watch the maps and you’ll see that the same thing happens to our opponents as well. TC has to contend with it for longer stretches of time, because we don’t have as much coverage. But Kaineng and Blackgate are not immune to it.

And, honestly, that’s the way it should be. Home borderland is defense-based. If you’re holding your third of the map, you’re doing okay. Anything beyond that is gravy.

Yesterday, I saw one of the best defense performances on TCBL I’ve ever seen. Two huge zergs came at us from both sides, often hitting us at the same time. The assault was near-constant. We’d fend off Blackgate over here, only to have Kaineng immediately hit over there. Then we’d repel Kaineng just in time to have Blackgate back at our door.

Not only did we successfully hold the north through all of this, we also held Hills. It was frantic, crazy and fun. It was also draining. And that’s where the coverage problem comes into play. When those of us who’ve been defending for awhile start to get slap-happy, there’s not enough people to come in and replace us. Things start to unravel.

But again, if all sides are equal, there are 2 invaders for every defender in the home borderland. Defending against superior numbers is what it’s about. If you find that frustrating (and it sure can be), try jumping to another BL or EB, where the gameplay is a bit different.

As for Commanders butting heads, it happens. For us, it’s fairly rare.

(edited by Hydrophidian.4319)

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: MadSpin.2041

MadSpin.2041

[DIS] is having a lot of fun on KA BL. The first two hours were pretty boring, it seemed like nothing was happening anywhere. Since then, it’s been a blast. I would love to meet [HB] again when [DIS] is fielding it’s full potential, I think some of the fights might have gone the other way.

Oh btw, there is a scepter/dagger ele in [OPP] that one of our eles keeps complaining about. He says you’re the best ele he’s ever fought and wants to know more about your build. He also thinks that you could beat me in a duel and now I’ve gotta set this straight so whisper Rhyme in game if you’re willing to duel me.

Sup yall, having a lot of fun fighting Kaineng & TC peeps. I play as [oPP] Melanin, a S/D Elementalist. Here’s the footage from the duels I had with [DIS] Mister Cheng & [DIS] Rhyme. GoodTimes™.

vs Mr Cheng
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW-Ch0YSW0U vs Rhyme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDhDnsJLU-U vs Rhyme REMATCH

gg. peace!

- Mel

Melanin – Considered by many players to be the Blackest™ WvW roaming Ele from Blackgate.
http://melementalist.com/booncondcontrol-cheatsheet/
http://www.twitch.tv/madspin

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

@MadSpin
Haha! Very nice man! I use to run s/d build myself but switched to d/d. You performed very well though!

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Jado Cast.1805

Jado Cast.1805

@MadSpin
Haha! Very nice man! I use to run s/d build myself but switched to d/d. You performed very well though!

Mai BOI’z GOT SKILZ! Awesome Duels! Props to DIS too. Can’t wait for our 5v5 GvG, let’s get to the RUMBLE Fellas! /salute

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: FXLEACH.9436

FXLEACH.9436

All servers please remember to report people you see breaking the rules.
Right now there is a speedhacker from BG zooming about EB. And they are movin’ with the zerg that was just pushed out of outer OL. Please make it as fair a matchup as possible!

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

All servers please remember to report people you see breaking the rules.
Right now there is a speedhacker from BG zooming about EB. And they are movin’ with the zerg that was just pushed out of outer OL. Please make it as fair a matchup as possible!

Just be sure to remind your server folk in game (report), becomes a cat and mouse game, but you can predict where he is going to hit usually. For the most part, let’s keep the speedhacks and such out from the thread. But we can all take note of the reminder.

Just want to avoid any possible cans that don’t need to be opened.

~ and I’m from Kain fyi… just a courtesy. I respect our opponents and will continue to do so for the fun battles.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Silke.1695

Silke.1695

Someone in this thread said “Oppa Kaineng Style” and I thought, “Why not?”

Disclaimer: I apologize for nuffin’, especially sparkling pink ponies. We have several of them living in TCBL Citadel actually.

This is brilliant! You have got some serious talent. How did you do this anyway?

Toasted Coaster

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Disclaimer: I apologize for nuffin’, especially sparkling pink ponies. We have several of them living in TCBL Citadel actually.

This is brilliant! You have got some serious talent. How did you do this anyway?

She’s an artist .. you should see some of her other work, it’s stunning.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Magiofdeath.2745

Magiofdeath.2745

I like the BL map on the wall there. This is great!

Fort Aspenwood | Kurzick ftw!

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: JaredKincade.9761

JaredKincade.9761

nom nom nom nom keeps!

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: JudgeD.5673

JudgeD.5673

Oppa Kaineng Style? Why not Kaineng: The Movie, a rollicking story of how a little T8 server came to run with the big dogs of T1-3?

The Robertsons – Julie, Lyana, Adrian, and Lewis
CrSy/LaWz
Tarnished Coast Server (formerly of Kaineng)

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Psilocyben.3612

Psilocyben.3612

HEAEhahhHHEhehaehhehehehe

-edbones [MERC]

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Psilocyben.3612

If the same amount o’ our server that fights Jormag came ’ta WvW, we could fill up an entire BL ’wit just that group alone.

Who’s Jormag and why you speekin furny? Peee Vee eeeeeE?

-edbones [MERC]

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Waage.2047

Waage.2047

RK was out again to day and we had great fun running into Kenig. With the help of other guilds we manged to do a lot of great things.

Score update and extras below. When we want a wall down NOTHING WILL STOP US!!!

Attachments:

[RK] – Guild Leader and awesome Warrior – BG

(edited by Waage.2047)

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Psilocyben.3612

kaineng? i don’t LIKE the KAINENG.

Attachments:

-edbones [MERC]

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Ruin.3461

Ruin.3461

Ooh I’m in the second wall screenshot! I’m the one with ta armor and the quiver on my back.

Tier 1 Casual

(edited by Ruin.3461)

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Sunspots.9861

Sunspots.9861

Lol golem duels. I think we are winning but its a close (long) one! Score update as well.

Attachments:

Auburn Skies – Retired- Ranger of [PiNK]
When wvw was still fun feat. [PiNK]

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Thresher.3049

Thresher.3049

Haha actually that isn’t me, although coincidentally I am in [KnT]. I was on my Elementalist named Zendimas during that Bay defense.

You did eat a rock or 2 at around the 3min mark, maybe you’ll get a Blackgate purple heart for standing in front of enemy artillery and getting wrecked by it in the line of duty

Pinot Noir (Necromancer) Pinot Blanc (Warrior)
KnT Blackgate

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Psilocyben.3612

Aw I didn’t think BG did the corpse jumping thing …

He’s jumping in joy that he was able to fight an awesome TC!

I go out of my way to /bow to our competitors …

and it’s touching, thank you. i’ve not seen anyone from BG, Kaineng OR TC do it in the million times I’ve died this week but it always makes me smile when it happens. maybe i just don’t deserve the bow cause i’m not kitten good enough. sniffle

i run with that same crew… we’re not big… and primetime is in a timeslot where Kainengs guilds are fielding massive amounts of players and there’s otherwise a gap in BGs coverage. the results are sleeplessness and frustration. i blame that.

in an attempt to take the sting out of it, you may get a giggle out of knowing that the majority of the Urge players are actually men from the Philippines. did you know the average height of a man from the Philippines is only 5’4"?

https://www.google.com/search?q=average+height+philippines

everything makes sense in context. =D

i needs me some chocolate pancakes or something.

-edbones [urge]

-edbones [MERC]

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Blade.9317

Blade.9317

Score update brought to you by Feisty and friend:

Attachments:

[ICoa] Feisty Brat, Mesmer
Blackgate

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: DarkElvenChic.2618

DarkElvenChic.2618

Good fights a little while ago on TC BL guys, ty for the fun. Too many guilds on both sides to remember but /salute to all.

Commander ~ Aurora Noctai ~ Thief
Officer of Rethesis [RE] ~ Kaineng
NEO Alliance ~ NeverEndingOdds.com

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Smokee.1754

Smokee.1754

Its amazing to see both KN and TC keep up fighting even when not winning. Keep it up!

Here´s a HB video that´s a few days old, showing a hills defense with ~15 HB vs. a ton of RE + others. It was a really good fight with siege and counter siege going up on both sides, portals and a HB mouse clicking mesmer to record it all.

[HB] Herfolge Boldklub – Competitive online gaming since 2001
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY5l_0BX0TrarJeOLpDXAFTLtiCkygRtC
Nominated “Internet tough guy” 2013 by Tarkus

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Ohai.8346

Ohai.8346

My wife almost collapsed when she saw all that nasty dust and dirt everywhere lol

[FoE] Fist of the Empire
www.FistoftheEmpire.org
10x Tier 1 Champions

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Mayoken.9851

Mayoken.9851

RISE and CO were in EB BG most of tonight. Good fights to everyone our there. Hope you remember us and come back with a vengeance tomorrow night

Mayoken [PLX] Plexity – Lieutenant – 7nth lvl 80 WW
Blackgate – www.plexity.guildportal.com –
Founder of [CO] | Nov ’12 2012 – May ’13 2013

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: dragon.8625

dragon.8625

-[GoF] Twisted Tweak
Trying to defend an upgraded supply camp from a swarm of kaineng late last night.
We did our best, and some how beat them, even tho we where completely out numbred.
Had a blast! and I saw some skilled players from KG in there, can’t wait to see you all again, dead, on the ground.
1 love
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4E-uy1AOf8

edit I fixed the quality to 720p and I am uploading a new version, will change the link and take this edit down when it’s fixed. thanks

[APeX] Professor Tweak

(edited by dragon.8625)

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: I Will Rez U.1743

I Will Rez U.1743

^ fun fun fight!!!!

Ixl Phoenix lxI

[XVX] Guild Leader – Blackgate – #BringBackTheBeast

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Silke.1695

This is what I love when you folks who run fraps share your footage with us. I get to learn more about each type of profession from the POV of someone who usually can play the heck out of it. I have a few alts and many times I find myself either uninspired playing a new char (especially at lower levels), or stumped as to what skills are good openers/finishers etc. Also to see the effectiveness of a weapon set I haven’t tried as yet.

For instance, watching in dragons video how he would cycle through his F1-F4 CD’s along with really useful re-hotkeying of those abilities.
Btw. how do you get those timers on your abilities with CD’s on them? I didn’t think there were any addon’s for GW2? ( Of course I haven’t really looked too far into this.)

I appreciate those that take the time and trouble to record these videos. They are a great teaching tool along with being great fun to watch. When I can’t get my WvW fix that day due to work, errands and life in general, I can always watch one of these to put that little glint in my eye. After watching one I always imagine I’m “pew pewing” all the folks at the store, gas station.. library.. you get the idea LOL Though I do try and refrain from actually making the sounds… folks look at you funny. 0_o

Toasted Coaster

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Ruin.3461

Ruin.3461

You can toggle ability timers on in the options menu

Tier 1 Casual

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: I Will Rez U.1743

I Will Rez U.1743

This is what I love when you folks who run fraps share your footage with us. I get to learn more about each type of profession from the POV of someone who usually can play the heck out of it. I have a few alts and many times I find myself either uninspired playing a new char (especially at lower levels), or stumped as to what skills are good openers/finishers etc. Also to see the effectiveness of a weapon set I haven’t tried as yet.

For instance, watching in dragons video how he would cycle through his F1-F4 CD’s along with really useful re-hotkeying of those abilities.
Btw. how do you get those timers on your abilities with CD’s on them? I didn’t think there were any addon’s for GW2? ( Of course I haven’t really looked too far into this.)

I appreciate those that take the time and trouble to record these videos. They are a great teaching tool along with being great fun to watch. When I can’t get my WvW fix that day due to work, errands and life in general, I can always watch one of these to put that little glint in my eye. After watching one I always imagine I’m “pew pewing” all the folks at the store, gas station.. library.. you get the idea LOL Though I do try and refrain from actually making the sounds… folks look at you funny. 0_o

There is a check box I believe or something in the guild wars options

[ esc- options – should be under just the general settings ]

Ixl Phoenix lxI

[XVX] Guild Leader – Blackgate – #BringBackTheBeast

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Silke.1695

Thanks Ruin and I Rez U, I’ll have to take a closer look at the options menu.
/facepalmblush

Toasted Coaster

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: hyyangoz.6195

hyyangoz.6195

BG did you like the way we took SM off your hands?

Attachments:

Gandalf Teh White [Meow]- Fort Aspenwood

http://meowguild.com/media.html

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: brandon.6735

brandon.6735

In the words of WM " We took SM because we can. " :P

Guardianhipster
Thiefhipster

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: SlasherX.5198

SlasherX.5198

congrats you notice that you always get things during our dead prime time no resistance at all..

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Ardon.4105

Ardon.4105

congrats you notice that you always get things during our dead prime time no resistance at all..

Shh, one could say the same about how we get our points. Everyone has gaps, nothing to get all worked up about.

[Agg] Rendon Argos (Charrgos) – Guardian
Server Traversing Nomad

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

Doesn’t seem like too big of a deal to take SM when the opposition is light. Won’t be that big of a deal if we take it back tomorrow under similar conditions.

This matchup is kinda boring imo.

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

hyyangoz.6195

there was ppl defending it we did a whole circle around SM reasonable amount a group of pugs did get wiped. and every angle was covered with siege. it was like the Weekend SM BG did the same when KN was defending.

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Thresher.3049

Thresher.3049

I liked the way TC bay still stood firm.
It is the bad place where Kaining players go to die… you should stay away from that one

Pinot Noir (Necromancer) Pinot Blanc (Warrior)
KnT Blackgate

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: NYRKKIPAULA.8051

NYRKKIPAULA.8051

3 Screens and a bottle of Caol Ila, pure ownage

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Sam.8193

Sam.8193

Gave up on trying to solo TC Bay keep lord after 2hours hiding in there… just kept on getting interrupted by you guys…

But it is good to know there are people with more patience than me xD

<3 you guys

Attachments:

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

hyyangoz.6195

I liked the way TC bay still stood firm.
It is the bad place where Kaining players go to die… you should stay away from that one

you did what you did GJ on it. i don’t deny. i give credit where it is due. but got to say there was heaps of siege everywhere in bay. just getting through that was a hassle. also WP did help you guys. it was the same amount of players maybe bit more in SM. SM was taken tactically not because there wasn’t any players there to defend it.

Anyway GJ see you guys back in battle field

as for Staying away NEVER!!!! we’ll be back. when that for you guys to find out.

(edited by hyyangoz.6195)

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: brandon.6735

brandon.6735

Gave up on trying to solo TC Bay keep lord after 2hours hiding in there… just kept on getting interrupted by you guys…

<3 you guys

Was that you the solo TC in that bay when we attacked it? I can’t believe we really dps the gate down like we did lol. To bad we didn’t get it.

Guardianhipster
Thiefhipster

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Sam.8193

<3 you guys

Was that you the solo TC in that bay when we attacked it? I can’t believe we really dps the gate down like we did lol. To bad we didn’t get it.

xD ya I sneaked and hid inside after you guys took down the gate

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Sam.8193

At least hiding inside LV for 15min didn’t go to waste

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Psilocyben.3612

<3 you guys

xD ya I sneaked and hid inside after you guys took down the gate

hahahah you made some awesome drama with calls of lords room etc. n1!

-edbones [MERC]

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

My goodness Kaineng really taking advantage of that coverage gap. Well played guys. I check the scores along with the blackgate forums every morning before work and school. People reported of having the outmanned buff and generally nobody around to help defend BG BL when you guys flipped it all. Time to flip it all back!

Thank goodness we made a 15k point lead during the day.

I can only imagine if we had a good force in oceanic time zone too.

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Twystyd.8453

Twystyd.8453

My goodness Kaineng really taking advantage of that coverage gap. Well played guys. I check the scores along with the blackgate forums every morning before work and school. People reported of having the outmanned buff and generally nobody around to help defend BG BL when you guys flipped it all. Time to flip it all back!

Thank goodness we made a 15k point lead during the day.

I can only imagine if we had a good force in oceanic time zone too.

Now you know how we feel. We fight with the out-manned buff every morning and evening PST. We don’t have any Euro guilds and half the amount of NA population. Of course as soon as those coverage spots hit we lose almost everything.

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: JaredKincade.9761

JaredKincade.9761

meehhhh

EU I give you, NA? no….you guys got ok NA. I believe WM comes a knockin just fine PST evening most nights.

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Ninya.3942

Ninya.3942

This our second week folks, we know everyone’s coverages and everyone’s strengths. Keep the thread fun folks!

Elementalist Class Lead
Rethesis [RE] – Tarnished Coast
http://rethesis.com/

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Jae.9682

Jae.9682

Yeah, a lot of good fights this week.

Jae Sun, Jae of Arc, Jae Kal, Jae Khan, Jae Barka, Jae Hemingway
Original Member of Blackgate.
Member of HB.