2013 - BG-Kain-TC

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: iMelon.6518

iMelon.6518

I hope that after BG moves up (and hopefully, TC stays with us!) that we can continue to have this thread as a memory for what great fights we’ve had and oh yeah, the best kitten match-up thread ever?!

If either BG or TC move out of T2 this week, I just wanted to say that it has been a pleasure fighting you all! I’ve personally learned so much and can’t wait to use it to dismantle the next opponent so we can be together again!

Guardian Melon
[Cryptic Omen]
Kaineng

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Sunspots.9861

Sunspots.9861

The thing that keeps tiers from getting stale to me are all the diferent guild matchups that happen every night. Some nights its PiNK v. KnT and Icoa, then the next it might be us defending against WM, HB and FoE, then us playing offense against Agg and FoE and Ret. Then of course there’s all of our great TC guilds we get to work with as well from night to night. This GvGvG is the real meat of the wvw sandwich and if your guild spends more time against doors or militia than guilds, your going to get bored pretty quickly.

Auburn Skies – Retired- Ranger of [PiNK]
When wvw was still fun feat. [PiNK]

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I’d say TCs militia is pretty darn cohesive and tough …. They bring it as much as our guilds.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Sam.8193

Sam.8193

There’s no Lord inside Red Lake Tower @ BGBL atm… can’t cap it because of bugged lord. =/

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

There’s no Lord inside Red Lake Tower @ BGBL atm… can’t cap it because of bugged lord. =/

Maybe he’s out back having a smoke? Even Lord’s have their vices ya know.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Dr Zoidberg.2046

Dr Zoidberg.2046

Maybe he’s out back having a smoke? Even Lord’s have their vices ya know.

A few nights ago, the Woodhaven Lord was doing just that.

Attachments:

J Zoidberg

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: drtoph.4857

drtoph.4857

In the meantime, it sounds like we need a farewell party…any ideas?

Pause the Dolyak parade this week, and party in SM. 30 minutes after start, an all out brawl in/on/under/outside of SM.

I like it! How about Golem vs Golem fights on the roof of SM? Or Golem vs Yaks? lol

Golem vs. golem is the best idea I have ever heard! Real live virtual rockem sockem robots! I’m bringing this one down to T3 to see if it can get traction there.

Drtoph
80 Elementalist

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Predator.7321

Predator.7321

I miss TC already…sniff…. Good luck to you guys and may your yaks never be ambushed.
Sidenote: I see this thread has over 60k views. Anyone got a guess as to why on that?

2 words TC roleplayers
Even matchup tc gets in massive replies and views not trying to be mean but its true

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

I hope that after BG moves up (and hopefully, TC stays with us!) that we can continue to have this thread as a memory for what great fights we’ve had and oh yeah, the best kitten match-up thread ever?!

If either BG or TC move out of T2 this week, I just wanted to say that it has been a pleasure fighting you all! I’ve personally learned so much and can’t wait to use it to dismantle the next opponent so we can be together again!

It’d be great if we could ANet to sticky it, but even if not…

Next week (or whenever we go our separate ways queue soundtrack) let’s have a TC/BG/KN “Community Thread” (we can of course rename this thread again to that) – ya know just a place to hang out and talk about our current matchups, how much we miss “the old days” and continued Guest Celebrity Commander discussions.

NAGA|TC

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

I miss TC already…sniff…. Good luck to you guys and may your yaks never be ambushed.
Sidenote: I see this thread has over 60k views. Anyone got a guess as to why on that?

2 words TC roleplayers
Even matchup tc gets in massive replies and views not trying to be mean but its true

That’s not mean at all imo. TC is the reason we have the longest running matchup thread. Amazing folks.

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Mayoken.9851

Mayoken.9851

This has been a great match up. Thanks for almost a month of great fights.

Mayoken [PLX] Plexity – Lieutenant – 7nth lvl 80 WW
Blackgate – www.plexity.guildportal.com –
Founder of [CO] | Nov ’12 2012 – May ’13 2013

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Sunspots.9861

Poor FA has to meet up with the first week of BG 3.0.

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: GreyFreeman.2516

GreyFreeman.2516

<python accent>We’re not dead yet!</python accent>
[TC][HFC] Aedin
“Hopeless? Why, very well!
But a man does not fight merely to win!”

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: JudgeD.5673

JudgeD.5673

To BG: That was a lonely vigil north of KBL Hills. Too bad I spent all that time on that treb only to have it countertrebbed within 5 min.

The Robertsons – Julie, Lyana, Adrian, and Lewis
CrSy/LaWz
Tarnished Coast Server (formerly of Kaineng)

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Jado Cast.1805

Jado Cast.1805

You want to see why TC especially DIS and other guilds like PINK are such awesome opponents? Click the link to this video, and go to the 3:36 mark. If that doesn’t make you smile, then you are rotten inside. They are Great Sports! Kaineng, you guys keep it real too.

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Dhampyr.2104

You want to see why TC especially DIS and other guilds like PINK are such awesome opponents? Click the link to this video, and go to the 3:36 mark. If that doesn’t make you smile, then you are rotten inside. They are Great Sports! Kaineng, you guys keep it real too.

LMAO great vid! You have captured the essence of TC! Spielberg would be proud.

Tarnished Coast

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Thresher.3049

Thresher.3049

This has been a great match up. Thanks for almost a month of great fights.

It certainly has, there’s a lot of very high quality guilds on both TC and Kain that if you don’t bring your A-game to the fight, then you’re going to get smoked and a repair bill for your whole crew.

Don’t think for a moment that a lot of us on BG aren’t digging pretty deep tactically and on a battlefield awareness level, just to keep sneaky TC’s from stealing our stuff and then there’s ‘oh my god’ organised numbers that Kain can field at certain times- that against certain highly ranked T1 servers, would soundly wipe them off the map.

Pinot Noir (Necromancer) Pinot Blanc (Warrior)
KnT Blackgate

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Thustlewhumber.7416

Thustlewhumber.7416

Looks like BG will move to T1 and TC will move to T3. This makes me sad… I loved TC’s great attitude and sense of humor, and I loved BG’s zerg rolls. This was the epic matchup we were all hoping for, and I hope that we all remember this special time together

On the flip side: I can’t wait to crush FA and SoS next week! It won’t be long until the JQ/BG/Kain thread shows up. And when that time comes, I hope BG remembers this thread :P

WvW Necro

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Resonance.4216

Resonance.4216

Hi hi

Let’s have some fun.

Elementalist of Oceanix [OCX]
http://www.oceanix.com.au

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: sceptus.9415

sceptus.9415

Sorry gotta step outside nice-guy mode for a minute.

Kaineng – right now on your own BL… What exactly is your strategy? Are you afraid of BG? Why attack our south supply when Bay is wide open for you? If everyone else is afraid to say it because of this cool forum vibe we have, I understand, but for the last two weeks it seems to me like you folks are just plain afraid to face BG. This isn’t about score – that was decided by PVEDoor a long time ago. Come on, step up to the plate and show us what you got. Right now, I can safely say that FA is far better than you folks and deserve to be here a lot more than you do. I’m just saying what everyone is thinking here. Sorry I’m the first TC to do it.

Hern | Sceptus | Vulkus | Colbane
[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Shadowkx.2738

Shadowkx.2738

Kaineng – right now on your own BL… What exactly is your strategy? Are you afraid of BG? Why attack our south supply when Bay is wide open for you? If everyone else is afraid to say it because of this cool forum vibe we have, I understand, but for the last two weeks it seems to me like you folks are just plain afraid to face BG. This isn’t about score – that was decided by PVEDoor a long time ago. Come on, step up to the plate and show us what you got. Right now, I can safely say that FA is far better than you folks and deserve to be here a lot more than you do. I’m just saying what everyone is thinking here. Sorry I’m the first TC to do it.

Perhaps you should look at the whole map. No, really look at the whole thing. We took hills (from BG) we took greenbiar (from BG). The second we step away from either of those BG is there trying to take it back. We are not even queued on that map. We are fighting BG as BG is everywhere. For every 1 TC i see, i see 10 BG. Just because we are not fighting BG near you doesn’t mean we are not fighting BG.

Mesvot – War
Mestov- Thief

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

sceptus.9415

Perhaps you should look at the whole map. No, really look at the whole thing. We took hills (from BG) we took greenbiar (from BG). The second we step away from either of those BG is there trying to take it back. We are not even queued on that map. We are fighting BG as BG is everywhere. For every 1 TC i see, i see 10 BG. Just because we are not fighting BG near you doesn’t mean we are not fighting BG.

I understand, they are quite stacked. Yet, you had 10-20 people continue to attack the southwest supply camp, completely ignoring Bay. You leave us no other choice than to attack you.

[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Sunspots.9861

Points have to come from somewhere. In wvw, each side targets the weakest side first. So it follows, if you are being targeted, you are presenting a weaker target. If you can wipe their groups a couple times, they will think twice before coming for you, but you can’t expect them not to continue to take points from you if they are able to take them. This is an opportunist playstyle and quite effective when a Powerhouse like BG can pretty much do anything they want on your own borderland.

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

I don’t know what you saw. But for the past 3 days I had been fighting pretty much only BG each time I log on. BG BL is totally uncontested by either Kain and TC. TC BL is all BG vs TC, since Kain cannot spare any men there. Kain BL is all BG vs Kain, since I rarely see any TC there. EB is fought by all 3 sides.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

(edited by CHIPS.6018)

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

I don’t know what you saw. But for the past 3 days in my play time I had been fighting pretty much only BG each time I log on. BG BL is totally uncontested by either Kain and TC. TC BL is all BG vs TC, since Kain cannot spare any men there. Kain BL is all BG vs Kain, since I rarely see any TC there. EB is fought by all 3 sides.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

sceptus.9415

Points have to come from somewhere. In wvw, each side targets the weakest side first. So it follows, if you are being targeted, you are presenting a weaker target. If you can wipe their groups a couple times, they will think twice before coming for you, but you can’t expect them not to continue to take points from you if they are able to take them. This is an opportunist playstyle and quite effective when a Powerhouse like BG can pretty much do anything they want on your own borderland.

Points aren’t even being considered here. There is no way that is going to change in this match. On the other hand, this is their own borderland, as you say, and they had a wide-open Bay with both inner and outer down.

[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

No one wants to come fight in our wide open Bay and Hills anymore =(

BeeGee
Beast mode

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Jayne.9251

I’d come but then you’d probably kill me with a million arrows and then you’d owe me cookies again

Plus I’m all comfy in bed atm.

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

pot.6805

I’d come but then you’d probably kill me with a million arrows and then you’d owe me cookies again

I have a cookie saved with your name on it, don’t you worry! Enjoy your rest…

BeeGee
Beast mode

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Jayne.9251

I have a cookie saved with your name on it, don’t you worry! Enjoy your rest…

I knew you loved me nitey nite.

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: iMelon.6518

iMelon.6518

Hi hi

Let’s have some fun.

Hi! Welcome to Tier 2!

Unfortunately, it seems that BG/TC (sadpanda) won’t be staying here for too long but hopefully, MERC will get to enjoy this great match-up!

Guardian Melon
[Cryptic Omen]
Kaineng

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Sam.8193

Sam.8193

What kitten is this? BGBL’s Red Lake tower is still lord-less. All walls/gate down, but we can’t capture it.

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Smokee.1754

Smokee.1754

What kitten is this? BGBL’s Red Lake tower is still lord-less. All walls/gate down, but we can’t capture it.

Its not the first time you cant cap a point with all walls and gates down

On topic, bugs like this shouldnt happen. He prolly fell through the floor when it flipped or something. My suggestion would be to let BG get it upgraded. The upgrade might reset the lord.

[HB] Herfolge Boldklub – Competitive online gaming since 2001
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY5l_0BX0TrarJeOLpDXAFTLtiCkygRtC
Nominated “Internet tough guy” 2013 by Tarkus

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Try tabbing around to see if you can at least target?

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: ghtchill.7613

ghtchill.7613

IF we at BG go to T-1 anytime in the next few weeks, can we take TC and Kaineng with us? This is too much fun. I don’t want TC to go to T-3, its not FAIR! tantrum

I feel the same way! We’ll miss TC next week and likely BG in the next two weeks…unless TC get some new transfers and Kaineng get some sort of EU presence in the next couple weeks!

TC, we will try to cover for you while you are gone and make the match up thread fun! Feel free to stop by for visits to help out!

TC

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: IomegadriveOne.5291

IomegadriveOne.5291

TC resorting to camping the jumping puzzle…everyone of them apparently.

(edited by IomegadriveOne.5291)

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: dragon.8625

dragon.8625

TC BL, triple server swarms. non stop you shall not pass!

>;9

Attachments:

[APeX] Professor Tweak

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

pot.6805

lol perma stealth keep lord ftw.

BeeGee
Beast mode

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Grimpaw.7493

Grimpaw.7493

Tier 2 is the highest tier you can get to where wvw is still about fun. After that it is total war where anything goes.

Total war… in a game. I just don’t understand that attitude and I have loved the attitude BG and Kain have brought to the match. You have to play to win, anything else is disrespectful to your opponents, but playing to win is not winning at all costs. In the end we’re all playing to make the game more enjoyable for each other and you never know whose team you’ll be on next week, next match or next game – to forget that is madness.

If this is our last week together for awhile, thanks for all the fish, and I’ll be cheering for your success and awaiting our epic rematch in the future!

~ Sleight of Mind ~ mesmer
~ Ann Du Lance ~ guardian
Tarnished Coast

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Dhampyr.2104

Tier 2 is the highest tier you can get to where wvw is still about fun. After that it is total war where anything goes.

Total war… in a game. I just don’t understand that attitude and I have loved the attitude BG and Kain have brought to the match. You have to play to win, anything else is disrespectful to your opponents, but playing to win is not winning at all costs. In the end we’re all playing to make the game more enjoyable for each other and you never know whose team you’ll be on next week, next match or next game – to forget that is madness.

If this is our last week together for awhile, thanks for all the fish, and I’ll be cheering for your success and awaiting our epic rematch in the future!

This is wisdom, and this attitude (found in all three servers) is what made this matchup epic. Even while BG flips everything as quickly as we can get it back it seems, I’m having a blast in WvW. As a matter of fact, this feels a bit like the old days of T8, when we couldn’t quite keep up with DR but gave it our all every single night. Awesome week, guys.

Tarnished Coast

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Thresher.3049

Must be development for Anet’s new x-pack of WvWvWally aka “Where’s Wally & why cant we see the crowd he’s also hiding in?”

Can’t see enemies- check
Can’t see friends- check
Can’t see guild claimer- check

Going pretty good so far!

KnT Blackgate

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Shadowkx.2738

Shadowkx.2738

Must be development for Anet’s new x-pack of WvWvWally aka “Where’s Wally & why cant we see the crowd he’s also hiding in?”

Can’t see enemies- check
Can’t see friends- check
Can’t see guild claimer- check

Going pretty good so far!

This. Oh this so, much. + 1 interwebs to you sir.

Mesvot – War
Mestov- Thief

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Silke.1695

Silke.1695

The next thing will be the repair NPC going invis. lol

edited to say: I wonder if that picture I made about the Developers made them mad? ~ skeerd naow~ Though it really was a nice poster.. I swear!

Toasted Coaster

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

Well we had hostile NPC’s in Hills keep in the past, like 2 weeks ago I think. Funniest thing I’ve seen – one repair NPC was hostile and the other was non-hostile. Both started dueling each other :/

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Thresher.3049

That would explain why there was no repair guy in Kain-Hills last night when I went in to sell the massive bounty of craptacularly poo blue loot drops that I had accumulated and to fix a sound beating from some kitten that dented my boots.

I just thought he was out to lunch of something… I didn’t realise they killed him! :o

KnT Blackgate

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Hunlerzfang.4386

Hunlerzfang.4386

To the four black gate that were willing to duel me over and over in the Tarnished Coast borderlands and showed such honor in victory and defeat. Thank you for being amazing. I was the TC Dagger/Dagger Ele from the guild “What is this Nonsense” and would love to duel you again. You were an Asura warrior, a Human mesmer (Who kicked my kitten ) a Sylvari engineer and a Human warrior. Thank you so much for making my night and taking time to simply do awesome things in game. It’s people like you that make the game worth playing. All of my respect.
-Tiffy
/salute

(edited by Hunlerzfang.4386)

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: thepoetsings.4803

thepoetsings.4803

To add to what Hunlerzfang said about the duel, at least two of you guys were from RIOT and I believe there was another guild but I didn’t catch the name. You guys were quite awesome though and it was very fun to watch. =)

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

Here is a score update brought to you by my army of Alts.

Attachments:

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

ghtchill.7613

This is wisdom, and this attitude (found in all three servers) is what made this matchup epic. Even while BG flips everything as quickly as we can get it back it seems, I’m having a blast in WvW. As a matter of fact, this feels a bit like the old days of T8, when we couldn’t quite keep up with DR but gave it our all every single night. Awesome week, guys.

Cheers for that buddy! Those fights were probably a few weeks before my entry into T8 Kaineng, so in a way I am part of the Kaineng that was born of that, but I am glad I got to see them from here. kitten I pretty much leveled my second 80 in WvW during our rise through the tiers and time here in T2. That Ranger of mine was raised in war and is better for it!

To me this is the best match up ever. We look forward to new match ups…even though we hate to bid farewell to these two rascals who have entertained us so well here for the past few weeks. So let’s give fond farewell (although I feel they will be back) to TC and welcome FA. BG…I think we’ll still see you next week, so KN, time to get back to “work”. Let them not pass so easily

I swear, every time I take time off the score goes down. Is it just me? Yeah probably…lol.

TC

(edited by ghtchill.7613)

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

ghtchill.7613

Here is a score update brought to you by my army of Alts.

This is very cool. Nice job!

TC