3/22 SF/ET/FC -- Deja Vu edition

in WvW

Posted by: Pizz.3698

Pizz.3698

I love that Screenshot because not long after I typed charge!, the 10 of us at QL jump down and just wipe that zerg as they spread out in fear of SF. It was hilarious to see.

Actually you already did it on the SS, and also said: “OMFG get the cata up guys”

No, if you look closely im right in the middle of all the red names, look for the blue icon. (I’m hard to see since im a tiny black asura) so the screen shot is right as I charged in, the people on the walls followed instants later

Piiz

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Here is another score update with my elementalist, that I know some of you are missing since It’s been a while since I last posted one with her.

Attachments:

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: I Monk For L O V E.7528

I Monk For L O V E.7528

And the mighty beast that was ET today finally falls. Thanks for the great battle for Hills for like 8 hours today ET, i loved it.

Attachments:

None Shall Pass – Level 80 Guardian
No Yaks Shall Pass – Level 80 Thief
Sorrows Furnace – Special Tactics Assault Recon[StaR]

in WvW

Posted by: Tanryth.1074

Tanryth.1074

To all the SF/ET guys today on FC Border (CoSA, KING, LEET, LH, etc etc etc.) Great battles tonight. Lots of Zerging, dying trying to Zerg, Dying. It was awesome. Thanks for the fun tonight we will have to do it again.

Shara Longblade – 80 Guardian
MooN – Seafarer’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Ebony.5738

Ebony.5738

word captain, woord.

Verdánt

in WvW

Posted by: Kay.5416

Kay.5416

That. Was. AWESOME! More like this, please! We’re starting to rock here! dances

Ferguson’s Crossing: Heliolite & handful of others

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Morval.3092

Lord Morval.3092

And the conflict between Offensive and Defensive ET commanders continues….

Now people are complaining, while in LA? supposedly complaining in the WvW map chats.

Kinda hard to do when not in WvW…

as an aside note good defense of Dawn’s Eyrie people. Keep it up.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Ebony.5738

Ebony.5738

tonight was pretty fun out on FC BL thanks to everyone who helped out we had an awesome grip on the BL until someone showed up and decided to cause drama.

Verdánt

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Here is my ranger with my country colours… (And some ugly octopus on the guild chest)

Attachments:

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in WvW

I Monk For L O V E.7528

Here is my ranger with my country colours… (And some ugly octopus on the guild chest)

Jesus jek, how often do you hop guilds

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Well, if we count all my game time, i’ve been on 4 guilds over the last 6 months (and 3 of’em were in the last 3 weeks)… And I’ll keep hopping around until i finally fit somewhere.

in WvW

I Monk For L O V E.7528

Well, if we count all my game time, i’ve been on 4 guilds over the last 6 months (and 3 of’em were in the last 3 weeks)… And I’ll keep hopping around until i finally fit somewhere.

All poor jek wants to do is fit in somewhere You can always come join me on SF

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

I’ll pass… I rather have SF as the oposition, so I can fight someone…

in WvW

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

I’ll pass… I rather have SF as the oposition, so I can fight someone…

Fine, then come to Ferg.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Dogsmack.4910

Dogsmack.4910

I’m not sure why my post keeps getting removed,Ive seen a lot worse pictures in the forums.

its hardly abusive and disruptive behaviour as stated in my infraction.
This forum has become way too sensitive :-)

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

i dont understand whats wrong with that picture, the gate has a gaping hole over it that you can easily see thru to click on the cata behind it

so… are you like thinking its an exploit? because it really isnt. and its a very unsafe arrow cart too. any ranged attack(s) and it explodes.

in fact, youre prolly getting your posts deleted for “exploit accusations”, because drama is bad for official forums. im pretty sure i know exactly who is on that cart just from looking at him, and if you had clicked on him id be certain.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

(edited by insanemaniac.2456)

in WvW

Posted by: Shanks.8793

Shanks.8793

I read these threads day in day out and I see alot of people complaining about one thing or another. Most of it is between SF and ET. Yes one server has more people in WvW than the other, so what!? I have seen small groups hold off big ones but recently for the ET Commanders when they are over-run, they seem to just retreat to another map even when there are people identifiably still trying to defend against what is viewed as the impossible zerg, but really isn’t. ET does still have good people in there trying their kitten hardest but it doesn’t help when people are ignored and then over spoken by Commanders who don’t even want to consider helping defend when they can just go to a seemingly empty map because it is easier. So what happened to defense against the odds? We can do it, we have done it and we can do it again but people don’t want to. I have seen the Garrison held for four hours against an SF zerg much like one I just saw, it was done with very little preperation, very few people and the reason for so few people that one time was because of a login glitch. The difference between now and then is those people believed they could do it and they not only did, but pushed back.

Now all I see is, lets go to another map and come back later when they(SF) have gone.

Added Note: I see this happen alot, not just this once.

Alright I am not afraid to say it I am that commander in this chat. And, that’s so sad our own people laughing at us while we put a lot of effort I really hate that. So what about you buy a tag and test it? I once defended our whole BL for 10+ hours and had many PKs with me if you don’t believe me you can ask. Do you know what I learned? the longer we hold SFs in our BL the more points Fergs get and every single commander in ET knows that thing its too critical. In your chat did I order them to do so ? I asked for opinions. Yes I am a commander I should order I shouldn’t ask for opinions but at such a situation I asked and it was the first time I do so cause I was about to leave and I knew there were other commanders around that I respect their opinions. Whats upsetting me now is to see people sharing our conversations here, I mean I asked for opinions and you were against it if you are really against it why didn’t you say a thing? or just want to laugh and say ET commanders are the reason we are losing? Make sense please.

People need to start telling commanders what they think we should do and ask them “why are you doing that instead of that?” that my help you understand if you think they are just moving around aimlessly. Forgive me if I was rude or anything like that I am just sad that someone from ET is laughing at my decisions instead of telling me his/her opinion when I asked for it. It’s clear in the chat I asked for opinions and what he/she did was coming here and saying we should defend but our commanders don’t.

And please Manfred I am sick of your drama in ET don’t bring it here in the forums " Lord Morval ".

End Ascends [End] GM / Eredon Terrace
Duke Marco – Duke Allycat – Boa Hancuck
– Duchess Cute – Duke Garp – Shiecko.

in WvW

Shanks.8793

And the conflict between Offensive and Defensive ET commanders continues….

Now people are complaining, while in LA? supposedly complaining in the WvW map chats.

Kinda hard to do when not in WvW…

as an aside note good defense of Dawn’s Eyrie people. Keep it up.

Just to let people know about this picture cause it seems our ET players are starting to make fun of us here in forums. Shiniou is a commander that no one knows and if they know her they will hate her because :
1 – she will donate siege and if people didn’t whisper her ( Thanks for this ram, AC , ballista , cata , treb and golem she will rage and leave the server for a month and come back later and the same thing will happen. Lord Morval here is her husband BTW
2 – If a commander in the map she is in ( she isn’t commanding she doesn’t actually ) she will whisper to ask him if he wants siege, if he said no thanks ! she will rage at him.
3 – whenever her husband is commanding she will track each person that is not following him and will whisper him attacking him/her and raging … etc.
4 – She hate it when we take whole maps don’t ask me why, long ago more than 3 months we were taking whole EB and she was complaining cause she didn’t like it.
5- Why people will not listen to her or her husband because their tactic is to camp spawns 24/7 and you will be blamed for having a life.

Hope that explained why Battlecamp said what he said in that picture.

(edited by Shanks.8793)

in WvW

Posted by: MrRush.4352

MrRush.4352

Relevent

ET – Neo
FC – Woman
SF – All the agents

=D

totally agree http://youtu.be/OMGMxcf_4kc

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

Because of commitment, and skill. There’s more than one factor in winning. You guys seem to think numbers is the only thing that counts which is sad

if, hypothetically, given all people with equal skill, one side has 50, and the other 10, which do you think will win?

i can’t count the number of times i’ve been in a group of 5… 10… 15 ET, and i look out in front of me and and see 30… 40…. 60… SF.

outmanned buff is broken. you can’t use that as a basis, but ya know if you want i’ll start taking screenshots of the HUGE FREAKING ZERGS as proof that you guys are outnumbering us

i can easily get proof. you, on the other hand, are full of hot air.

Not trying to be funny or troll etc, but honestly if you are constantly out-manned like that (PS I have never seen 40+ in an SF zerg), then I think you are playing in the wrong areas of the map or with the wrong folks. I can assure you I spent the greater part of the weekend in your BL, and we had the outmanned buff several times. Sunday afternoon we probably had 20+ people at Greenlake and had the outman pop up here and there…Heck we even had to breakout just to get the tower, those portal bombs were pretty funny as well.

Again not trolling seriously, just saying there are ET zergs out there, we fight them regularly on your BL.

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Narcissus.1058

Narcissus.1058

Because of commitment, and skill. There’s more than one factor in winning. You guys seem to think numbers is the only thing that counts which is sad

if, hypothetically, given all people with equal skill, one side has 50, and the other 10, which do you think will win?

i can’t count the number of times i’ve been in a group of 5… 10… 15 ET, and i look out in front of me and and see 30… 40…. 60… SF.

outmanned buff is broken. you can’t use that as a basis, but ya know if you want i’ll start taking screenshots of the HUGE FREAKING ZERGS as proof that you guys are outnumbering us

Not trying to be funny or troll etc, but honestly if you are constantly out-manned like that (PS I have never seen 40+ in an SF zerg), then I think you are playing in the wrong areas of the map or with the wrong folks. I can assure you I spent the greater part of the weekend in your BL, and we had the outmanned buff several times. Sunday afternoon we probably had 20+ people at Greenlake and had the outman pop up here and there…Heck we even had to breakout just to get the tower, those portal bombs were pretty funny as well.

Again not trolling seriously, just saying there are ET zergs out there, we fight them regularly on your BL.

How long has it been since you have seen an FC zerg of more than 15, because its been about a month for me

Aburame Shino, FC WvWer extrordinaire
Leader of the FC Vanguard Initiative(RIP)
Some random guy in [EDGE]

in WvW

Posted by: D W.5179

D W.5179

How long has it been since you have seen an FC zerg of more than 15, because its been about a month for me

I see them every week…

Attachments:

in WvW

King Amadaeus.8619

and as for you, ratty.. you need to learn to count if you think there’s 50 there…. unless there’s that many more again off screen. i counted 25-26 in that shot. try again.

There were people running supply from camp and around corner.

25 of them?

XD i was with that group till i lagged out. no way in heck we had 50. i’d buy that at that point we had 30-35. ( >le gasp!< did an ETer actually admit to having a decent force on the field? omg! write it down!!!! >eyeroll< )

i woke up extra early to catch the fun

THERE IT IS! katz admitted to having a bunch of people. And im still not sure why you didnt defend with atleast 30 people. We were running around tower to tower with 5 people

Who is defending fractals then?!

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

King Amadaeus.8619

Also, question for PK, what is the point of standing still when you see Invaders and subsequently dying without doing anything? Some sort of ‘giving up’ message perhaps? That seemed to be a recurring theme with your members…

Lol…think we just figured out why ET can run around with zergs but not bring up orange swords (they did here, but there was like 50). Look close at the right side and you will notice people standing there with their hands in their pockets.

ya i also noticed in that screenshot hanna saying not to worry it’s ET’s whole server so i can see that some of SF even admit we dont have many people in WvW

That is taken out of context, prior to and after we were discussing/joking the whole “ET only has 24 people” thing. I remember that conversation and am 98% sure that was sarcasm.

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Ungood.3054

Ungood.3054

As far as WvW is concerned in ET guild tag is pretty much meaningless. It only matters for PvE and if the guild does events you like, like bounty or stuff like that.

He could make his own guild tomorrow and be welcome among anyone’s ranks because, when it come to WvW, we all fight as one server.

Every Lifelong Journey Ends With a Gravestone.
Born and Raised in Eredon Terrace

in WvW

Posted by: Ungood.3054

Ungood.3054

And please Manfred I am sick of your drama in ET don’t bring it here in the forums.

If you need. The Eredon Terrace Forums will be glad to provide you a place to post your drama and rage.

Every Lifelong Journey Ends With a Gravestone.
Born and Raised in Eredon Terrace

in WvW

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

And please Manfred I am sick of your drama in ET don’t bring it here in the forums.

If you need. The Eredon Terrace Forums will be glad to provide you a place to post your drama and rage.

^^ Yes, please take it to your server forum. This thread is reserved for bickering, drama and rage between SF, ET and FC.

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: katz.8376

katz.8376

lol. indeed XD

Druids of Dhuum [DoD]|Rally Bait [RALY]
~o hai there :D~ LONG LIVE ET

in WvW

Posted by: geekanerd.4123

geekanerd.4123

Thanks for stepping in with that, Ungood. It’s getting a little uncomfortable here with this dirty laundry being aired out. I realize people have grievances against others on their servers — including myself — but this really isn’t the place for that. It’s just going to get removed and the posters infracted and possibly even the thread shut down.

Moving on, I would say over the weekend it’s not uncommon to roll in a Ferg zerg 20ish strong or so. Maybe 30 in a perfect storm of convergent coverage zones and interest on the same map. But I can’t say I’ve been in a 30er in awhile. Still, let me just say that if you’re on Sorrow’s and you think you don’t have a massive population advantage over Eradon and Ferguson, I want to smoke what you’re smoking. I’ve seen your tide wash over our tide at peak hours just way too many times to buy into denials.

PS
That’s not an attack on player skill or talent or whatever you want to call it. I get friggin’ stomped by Sorrow’s toons all the time outside of the zerg balls, and I’m a pretty decent player. Frankly, I don’t give two squirts of hot kitten who’s better than who. However, ignoring the disparity in population advantage is just silly, as well is chalking SF’s current tier 8 shellacking as pure talent. C’mon guys. Don’t be silly. It’s unbecoming.

[DIE] – FA
“Is it uplevel ranger season yet?”

in WvW

Posted by: D W.5179

D W.5179

[…]Moving on, I would say over the weekend it’s not uncommon to roll in a Ferg zerg 20ish strong or so. Maybe 30 in a perfect storm of convergent coverage zones and interest on the same map. But I can’t say I’ve been in a 30er in awhile. Still, let me just say that if you’re on Sorrow’s and you think you don’t have a massive population advantage over Eradon and Ferguson, I want to smoke what you’re smoking. I’ve seen your tide wash over our tide at peak hours just way too many times to buy into denials.

PS
That’s not an attack on player skill or talent or whatever you want to call it. I get friggin’ stomped by Sorrow’s toons all the time outside of the zerg balls, and I’m a pretty decent player. Frankly, I don’t give two squirts of hot kitten who’s better than who. However, ignoring the disparity in population advantage is just silly, as well is chalking SF’s current tier 8 shellacking as pure talent. C’mon guys. Don’t be silly. It’s unbecoming.

Haha, agreed. Those claiming SF doesn’t have numbers on both servers are obviously mistaken and must not spend much time in WvW. That being said, those (not you) saying that SF would be getting slaughtered if the population was even are just as misguided and/or full of themselves. I’d love to see an even fight between the three servers, but that will never happen, so we will never know what the outcome would be.
The good news is that SF may pop in to T7 soon (I hope)! T7 is evening out as we speak, so now instead of relying on one server (HoD) dropping down to T8, we have three potential servers that might drop soon. If any of the T7 servers let up for even a moment, we will end up swapping spots with them.
I’m curious to see what comes from the update tomorrow. It may bring lots of SF back out to WvW that have been leveling alts since this matchup is getting old for all involved, but it also may bring out a lot from ET/FC which may keep us here longer… nobody knows, but I’m eager to find out.

Keep up the good fights all!

in WvW

geekanerd.4123

I’m almost going to miss you guys [SF] if and when you move on. Part of me has even a little trepidation about a swap. It’s like my dad would say, ‘Sometimes the kitten you know is better than the one you don’t.’ Maybe it’s a little Stockholm Syndrome, you know? Or maybe that’s not quite it.

You’re like the schoolyard bully who goes around and beats the crap out of all the kids smaller than you are. ET is the crumb-cruncher that hates getting hit, so they run away and find another small kid that they can hit and feel better about themselves. And Ferguson. Good ol’ Ferg. We’re the most emotionally damaged out of the lot. Oh, we’ll kick and scream and bite when mean Sorrow’s finds us near the jungle gym. We might even score a black eye or two. However, when SF leaves, we feel empty inside, hollow, because the only way we feel we’re loved is through that sweet, delicious abuse. Oh, we grumble and gripe and kitten and moan as much about one another as Sorrow’s, but, really, we feel the most vindicated when we’re rushing into your mob and we think we’re going to win. Good times.

But, no, seriously. Don’t let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya on the way out. <3 Ferg.

[DIE] – FA

in WvW

Posted by: Rob.7624

Rob.7624

Sorrows Furnace is looking like an interesting server to watch.
With training.
It smells of tier 3.
Maybe you should consider buying some guilds to create a stronger core.

Attachments:

Commander Bird Song
Northern Shiverpeaks Night Crew
Os Guild

(edited by Rob.7624)

in WvW

Posted by: pulsecodesgnl.3470

pulsecodesgnl.3470

With training.
It smells of tier 3.

I’m not sure what this post was trying to convey, sarcasm? Perhaps it just went over my head. In either case, we are looking forward to getting into t7 with you.

Voxtr | Svell | Kvikr | Svass | Sundr | Naud | Kvedja | Traust
Sorrow’s Furnace – Commander/Officer
Kabal of the Righteous [Seed]

in WvW

King Amadaeus.8619

Thanks for stepping in with that, Ungood. It’s getting a little uncomfortable here with this dirty laundry being aired out. I realize people have grievances against others on their servers — including myself — but this really isn’t the place for that. It’s just going to get removed and the posters infracted and possibly even the thread shut down.

Moving on, I would say over the weekend it’s not uncommon to roll in a Ferg zerg 20ish strong or so. Maybe 30 in a perfect storm of convergent coverage zones and interest on the same map. But I can’t say I’ve been in a 30er in awhile. Still, let me just say that if you’re on Sorrow’s and you think you don’t have a massive population advantage over Eradon and Ferguson, I want to smoke what you’re smoking. I’ve seen your tide wash over our tide at peak hours just way too many times to buy into denials.

PS

As far as Fergs go you probably wouldnt find many SFs that think you have adequate numbers…That argument was more originally directed at ET (and maybe Ferg back in the day), and really none of us dispute that at times we have superior numbers in WvW. The point that we were trying to make was that for whatever reason (PVE, losing, stale matchup etc), there was a participation issue on ETs side. We knew they had substantial numbers, because those number do roll us from time to time….But sustaining and keeping those people in WvW seems to be the real issue.

I really do wish both servers the best (seriously)…Because the first Friday after we leave will decide your ultimate WvW fate. If someone from T7 moves down, and the situation remains the same (the T7 scores similar to SF or worse), then the mass transfers will be back, morale will go even further below where it is now, and the server(s) will be all but dead as far as WvW is concerned. I know the current theory held is that SF isnt T8 material and for whatever reason (glicko, transfers etc) that the true T8 server is in T7 right now. My personal opinion is that once a new matchup becomes available you will of course see an increase of WvW participation and hopefully that will be enough to give you a good showing.

This is the REAL problem ANET has on its hands, every week that goes by, all 3 sides are looking at the “other side of the fence”…When you get to that other side if that grass is just as brown and dead as it is here then that would probably be catastrophic for the morale of the server. When you play the same maps over and over, there should be matchup changes much more often (modify the system if you have to), WvW is redundant enough (3 identical maps & then EB), having the same matchup for going on 3 months is maddening and shouldn’t happen on any Tier.

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

I’m not sure what this post was trying to convey, sarcasm? Perhaps it just went over my head. In either case, we are looking forward to getting into t7 with you.

I also didn’t got what he wanted… In any case, they might be the ones dropping here and not the ones you will face, since GoM > NSP and the new HoD > GoM.

in WvW

King Amadaeus.8619

With training.
It smells of tier 3.

Don’t poke the bear lil fella….

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Had a great time in WvW this weekend (wasn’t on as long as I usually am), thanks to all who fell beneath my whirling axes. And I guess also to those who chase me down and hack me to pieces. My money needs to go to something instead of a Legendary. I just hate giving it to that slacker repair guy. You would think I would start getting a volume discount of SOMETHING!!

Cantar Soulfyre-Norn W|Canter Soulfyre-Human G|Cantirus Foghorn – Charr R
Born and raised in Sorrow’s Furnace – WvWvWest Coast Squad
“All hail the mighty Flame Ram!!!” – said by Someone Somewhere at Sometime

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

And the great beast is downed! Oh no, it’s not SF… It’s the Champion Risen Megalodon (If you know Orr, you problably know him, and why no one kill it)

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Daemonne.5018

Daemonne.5018

Ok, I have to ask something here. When you are outmanned in an opponents BL in which you are attacking…can you really call the defenders a “Zerg”? I can’t see a server in their own BL being a zerg in any sense of the word.
That server is reclaiming property in their own territory, thats called defending even if they are roaming and re-conquering objective.
I don’t know if I just have a skewed ideal about what a zerg is, but to me a zerg would be taking, lets say, 20 – 25 + in manpower and sweeping through opponents BL, seeing as they would be the invaders.
If SF was out in patrols of 10 – 15 in our territory, ET for the record, they would be skirmishing or “ninjaing” property, even conquering. Now if they took 25+ that could maybe be considered a zerg. Now If they rolled 40, 50+ sweeping the countryside, well yeah, you now have yourself a zerg. That many people can almost instantly construct siege and tear down mountains before defensive reinforcements could even arrive.

Bottom line of my thinking, zerg gets thrown around way too easily. Most of my ire at the term is, zerg should never be used for a server on their own territory. They are just defending what is rightfully (map wise in theory) theirs.

This wasn’t really directed at you, but inspired by your post when you stated zerg in the same sentence as “in your BL”.

:-D

If you play solitaire with only one suit, your game is going to end faster and feel lacking.

in WvW

King Amadaeus.8619

Ok, I have to ask something here. When you are outmanned in an opponents BL in which you are attacking…can you really call the defenders a “Zerg”? I can’t see a server in their own BL being a zerg in any sense of the word.
That server is reclaiming property in their own territory, thats called defending even if they are roaming and re-conquering objective.
I don’t know if I just have a skewed ideal about what a zerg is, but to me a zerg would be taking, lets say, 20 – 25 + in manpower and sweeping through opponents BL, seeing as they would be the invaders.
If SF was out in patrols of 10 – 15 in our territory, ET for the record, they would be skirmishing or “ninjaing” property, even conquering. Now if they took 25+ that could maybe be considered a zerg. Now If they rolled 40, 50+ sweeping the countryside, well yeah, you now have yourself a zerg. That many people can almost instantly construct siege and tear down mountains before defensive reinforcements could even arrive.

Bottom line of my thinking, zerg gets thrown around way too easily. Most of my ire at the term is, zerg should never be used for a server on their own territory. They are just defending what is rightfully (map wise in theory) theirs.

This wasn’t really directed at you, but inspired by your post when you stated zerg in the same sentence as “in your BL”.

:-D

No offense taken, and yes the term zerg probably does get used too much, and incorrectly.

I would not consider anything under 20 a zerg to be honest. But if you are on a map that doesnt have much a population and you see about 15+ red tags on your screen odds are when you report it in /map you will say “_ zerg at Redbriar” etc. Many people seem to use the term as to say: “group of server at this __location___”. I have even seen “small zerg of ET at GL”…

In the end I do not get too worked up about the usage, realistically I use it to tag/name the primary enemy force on the map. But where we do differ, is that I do not think it matters which map/BL you are in, zergs are zergs to me, whether they are attacking, backcapping, or even defending. It is just putting a name to a group, that probably would be best suited for larger groups to be accurately used, but in T8 sometimes 16 peeps is a zerg lol.

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Daemonne.5018

Daemonne.5018

I agree that in terms of a shout out in chat about the enemy spotted, I wholeheartedly agree it’s a quick and easy way to convey to others that a largish group has been spotted.
I guess I should have stated that in terms of finger pointing on the forums.

If you play solitaire with only one suit, your game is going to end faster and feel lacking.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Let start saying: “SF Goliaths and Siege Tanks near AH” and “Fergs Zealots at Redbriar!”

in WvW

Posted by: Rob.7624

Rob.7624

With training.
It smells of tier 3.

Hmm..
Noo.. that wasnt sarcasm.
Just good advice.
If I do say so myself.

I don’t have much doubt what the outcome of your release from tier 8 will be.
You’d have to be a total potato not to realize it.

3-4 weeks of training. After those 4 weeks are up, you’ll either make it or break it.
Like I said.
Strengthen your core, Kaineng 2.0

Attachments:

Commander Bird Song
Northern Shiverpeaks Night Crew
Os Guild

(edited by Rob.7624)

in WvW

katz.8376

there’s a drama section on our forums now. so come and sign up and rage at people there. <3

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Shot the poor pink charr to death…

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Pizz.3698

Pizz.3698

ET giving SF their free fully upgraded garrison and Dawn’s when they have 20-30 people in FCBL. Way to prioritize. +1

Edit: Screenshot

Attachments:

Piiz

(edited by Pizz.3698)

in WvW

Shanks.8793

there’s a drama section on our forums now. so come and sign up and rage at people there. <3

Haha xD sounds good to me.

Sorry people about my “raging” >.>

in WvW

geekanerd.4123

ET giving SF their free fully upgraded garrison and Dawn’s when they have 20-30 people in FCBL. Way to prioritize. +1

Edit: Screenshot

This isn’t unusual. It’s the strategy ET has been deploying for awhile, now. And last time I checked, they were beating Ferg for second (which in this tier is kind of like fighting over the participation award while SF hauls off with the first, second, third place medals, and that trip to Disney World, but I digress). So I guess it’s working? Hey, seems silly to a lot of us over in Ferguson, too, but results are results.

[DIE] – FA

in WvW

katz.8376

more coolness this morning... took a garrison... (i forget which. i need to drink my caffeine and pay closer attention in the mornings i guess >.> ) had some good stiff resistance from a few KING players.

after the garri was taken, one caster lingered dead in the courtyard between the inner gate and the narrow hallway leading to the lords room. /map reported small groups of SF people occasionally pinging the outer gates, so of course the assumption was the dead caster was a mesmer and there was a thief somewhere inside, just waiting for a chance to raise, so several people (myself included) hung around to keep watch, just in case. several of the other "guards" were, i regret to admit, less than charitable.. jumping, dancing, laughing, and even parking a golem right on their face at one point. most everyone else wandered off shortly after, leaving me alone sitting next to the dead caster... i moved the golem away. i think i bowed at one point even.

at this point, the dead caster invited themselves to my group, and i figured, "what the heck", and accepted. she greeted me with "hi pinky". we actually had a nice little chat. she turned out to actually be a necro (well played, by the way, KING necro... keeping at least a small portion of our forces tied up watching you...concerned you were a mesmer... well played) she asked about my guardian, and offered a suggestion, which i halfway tested (because i bought the wrong weapon >.> dur dur durrrrr. moar caffeine please!)

she finally recalled to her WP as the inactivity timer started counting down on her, and i left group. as nice as the chat was, i don’t want her to see where i am going then i ran off to EB where i stood in a hole in the wall of Langor tower for a good 20-30 minutes with TAC fending off a pack of SF (mostly upleveled) that should probably run with CoSA or KING or some other equally skilled group to hone their skills, as they were unable to take Langor vs 4-7 of us even tho they had a bit of a larger group, 2 trebs, and a cat. loads of fun. loads of fun

in WvW

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

What I’m trying to say is… while you might whine about 35 zerglings, etc etc. Even when in small groups, unless we’re outnumbered heavily it’s rare we lose the battles. If your people are dying regularly then there isn’t enough support to the defending/attacking groups. It’s more of a L2 kitten ue than zerg size tbh.

So, apparently ET players learn to play every night, and then forget again the next morning.

Tell me ET night capping is not about numbers.