Arrowcarts [merged]

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

With all this fuss about arrowcarts, how likely do you think ArenaNet will reduce the damage back to its prior state? Or somewhere in between?

(edited by Moderator)

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Aneu.1748

Aneu.1748

With the ability to put 12 arrowcarts on a single door, adding poison to an arrowcart resulting in 33% less healing, increasing arrowcarts damage by 80%, with arrowcarts being so easily built with such small amount of supply required and increasing the time within which bleed stays on you from a cart… how do you think this is a positive addition to WvW?

I cant even … Im utterly dumbfounded at why someone at arenanet would think this is a good idea…

Attachments:

Aneu | [VoTF]
http://www.votf.net

(edited by Moderator)

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Quenta.2978

Quenta.2978

Game sounds bad. Siege Wars 2 was bad enough, but now arrow carts get a massive buff? Can’t wait.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Hackuuna.4085

Hackuuna.4085

At least boring as kitten Swirling Wars 2 is over.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Aneu.1748

Arenanet really screwed up with this patch they are about to lose a huge amount of players.

Aneu | [VoTF]

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Arenanet really screwed up with this patch they are about to lose a huge amount of players.

You mean just like after every single patch they ever released in this game? (or GW1 for that matter)

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: The Spiral King.2483

The Spiral King.2483

This sounds wonderful. AC is now undisputed king of anti-zerg. A couple defenders with superior carts can now break a mindless zerg like oh so many waves upon a shore. I can’t kittening wait.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Josh.3759

Josh.3759

You mean just like after every single patch they ever released in this game? (or GW1 for that matter)

they lose more and more people every new pacth now they made wvw worst another pacth without any incentive for doing wvw dumb.

Good Fights GvG | WvW Team
| LvL 80 elementalist Call Meh God | Multi-Gaming no lifer

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Midnightjade.3520

Midnightjade.3520

I like making and using arrowcarts, but I enjoyed my glamour mesmer in WvW as well.

I think the changes in this patch will increase the power of the zerg in the open field, and the changes in siege are there to balance it.

I’ll be going to WvW on my guardian, and manning an AC, I guess.

Onyx: Norn Guardian 80. Queen in Tatters: Asura Mesmer 80.
[The Flameseeker Prophecies] 4/11/13
Itinerant, no guild.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

they lose more and more people every new pacth now they made wvw worst another pacth without any incentive for doing wvw dumb.

I would disagree, but since none of us actually have any proof to support our views it is pointless to discuss it.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Wothan.4673

Wothan.4673

I want reroll ArrowCarts kitten !!

Nahtow – [SR] Soul Reapers
Jade Quarry

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Its designed to kill your zerg, make things defensible against zergs.

Maybe come up with new strategies?

also arrow carts 1-2-3-4 are deathtraps for operators against people that know what they are doing. There is nothing to stop an attacking force to simply pull the operators off the walls.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Aneu.1748

also arrow carts 1-2-3-4 are deathtraps for operators against people that know what they are doing. There is nothing to stop an attacking force to simply pull the operators off the walls.

Then just re-build the arrowcarts and rinse repeat with your 2k x 12 damage per second with the -33% heal that the poison gives you thus making defence far more overpowered than attack.

If it removes the zerg then imagine the problems the 20-30 man guild groups will have trying to get in that gate…

Aneu | [VoTF]

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

The Spiral King.2483

Yes, giving the defenders an advantage for once is a terrible, terrible thing. Why on earth would we ever want to punish the blob that marches up to a tower or keep and drops six rams in two seconds?

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Isaac.6041

No need to build arrow carts on walls anymore with the new range buff and the zoom mod you can hit and kill zergs easily from the ground floor.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Fixeon.5076

Fixeon.5076

Yeah ACs are way over the top now.

Fixeon – Guardian
Umberage of Death – Thief
~~~Sanctum of Rall~~~

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Aneu.1748

Yes, giving the defenders an advantage for once is a terrible, terrible thing. Why on earth would we ever want to punish the blob that marches up to a tower or keep and drops six rams in two seconds?

The defenders have always had the advantage! You’ve got un-killable siege placements, you’ve got the ability to go out into the field and attack then withdraw into the keep/tower and regen then go out again! Mortars/Cannons/Oil, veil behind portal and go out to unsuspecting enemies and sooooo much more that defenders have in their favour…

Aneu | [VoTF]

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Vash.9183

Vash.9183

I find this update to be very useful for outmanned groups trying to defend a location from a zerg.

It’s something people have been wanting for a long time.

Cór
Mithril Footman
Ultimate Dominator

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

… build catapults instead of rams just outside the range of the defending ACs.

I dont really get what the problem is. More focus on clever siege work is better.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Dubblebass.8519

Dubblebass.8519

I wish I had a nickle every time I read this on the forums.

Kieron Asbjorn – 80 Guardian | Saiuri – 80 Elementalist
Xylani – 80 Ranger | Osoroshii – 80 Warrior
GoM [LGG][COI]

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Zumos.2056

Zumos.2056

I find this update to be very useful for outmanned groups trying to defend a location from a zerg.

It’s something people have been wanting for a long time.

People already did, and now will build AC just in open field to beat anyone, from zergs to organised groups. It’s just completely kitten I mean if you can hold off a zerg from a tower or a keep, then how is anyone ever gonna get in???

Zumos
Red Guard

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: McNuggetBandit.8376

McNuggetBandit.8376

I dont really get what the problem is. More focus on clever siege work is better.

Yes peopel can do that but now if there are defenders you have no way to ram the wall also try taking a well sieged lords room now and see how fast your face melts haha

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

This is a massive change but it could be okay. A couple of superior arrow carts should pretty much counter rams now. I guess we’ll be seeing a lot more people pre-building defensive arrow carts and guarding towers. On the offensive side, way more catas, far fewer rams.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Aneu.1748

Attack with AC > Enemy make counter AC > we make counter treb > enemy make counter treb!

YAY SIEGE WARS.

Aneu | [VoTF]

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Zumos.2056

This is a massive change but it could be okay. A couple of superior arrow carts should pretty much counter rams now. I guess we’ll be seeing a lot more people pre-building defensive arrow carts and guarding towers. On the offensive side, way more catas, far fewer rams.

and then you get the wall down, and you will run in and get hit by 10 AC’s with 80% damage buff, good luck taking the keep/tower ><

Zumos
Red Guard

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: pulsecodesgnl.3470

pulsecodesgnl.3470

Lol, there are a LOT of people that wanted the AC buff (myself included). Siege should hurt, standing in AC’s was like standing in a heavy rain that made one giggle at the idea that it could kill you.

Voxtr | Svell | Kvikr | Svass | Sundr | Naud | Kvedja | Traust
Sorrow’s Furnace – Commander/Officer
Kabal of the Righteous [Seed]

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

The Spiral King.2483

Attack with AC > Enemy make counter AC > we make counter treb > enemy make counter treb!

YAY SIEGE WARS.

I can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic, because compared to zerg wars, siege wars sounds fun as kitten.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

McNuggetBandit.8376

YAY SIEGE WARS.

I can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic, because compared to zerg wars, siege wars sounds fun as kitten.

not when your one of the 75% of people who can’t man siege cause of siege cap so you sit there for 8 hours /dancing while they treb each other

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Zumos.2056

YAY SIEGE WARS.

In this case, I will cover our VOTF buddies, both zerg wars and siege wars is kitten Main reason zerg wars is kitten is skill lag though. Siege wars should be a kittening browser game, not what WvW in a MMORPG is about.

Zumos
Red Guard

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Wothan.4673

Wothan.4673

Nop, this, with : no more focus against treb, 30sec for a tag.. well.. welcome to the “static” prime time, with only golem zerg for trying to take a t3. Awesome ! More zerg plz !

Nahtow – [SR] Soul Reapers
Jade Quarry

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: FractalChaos.6539

FractalChaos.6539

With the ability to put 12 arrowcarts on a single door, adding poison to an arrowcart resulting in 33% less healing, increasing arrowcarts damage by 80%, with arrowcarts being so easily built with such small amount of supply required and increasing the time within which bleed stays on you from a cart… how do you think this is a positive addition to WvW?

I cant even … Im utterly dumbfounded at why someone at arenanet would think this is a good idea…

1- Use trebuchet to destroy inner siege.
2- Use said trebuchet to take down wall.

It’s going to be slower, more difficult, and require more effort and I bloody love it!!!

The only people who will really mind are the people who just wanted to continue the current flip-flip-flip-ARE-YOU-SERIOUS-DEFEND-?-flip-flip-flip trend. Fast xp, fast rewards, gimme gimme gimme.

People’s ignorance really pisses me off.
Stupidity is when you can’t help it;
Ignorance is when you choose not to understand.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

Wow, just WOW. Keeps will now be impossible to take.

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

they lose more and more people every new pacth

I’d love to see the numbers you’re drawing that conclusion from.

I’m predicting anecdotal evidence and/or “lol u must be blind 2 not see it”

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Mizhas.8536

Mizhas.8536

some of your don’t seem to understand it:

If your have the outmanned buff is THEN and not before when carts should get a damage boost.

As it is now the blobs will need to be even bigger to take a T3 objective.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Zumos.2056

It’s going to be slower, more difficult, and require more effort and I bloody love it!!!

The only people who will really mind are the people who just wanted to continue the current flip-flip-flip-ARE-YOU-SERIOUS-DEFEND-?-flip-flip-flip trend. Fast xp, fast rewards, gimme gimme gimme.

Have fun sieging 24/7, I’d rather go out have some good fights, but AC will ruin all fights nearby keeps and towers, people will even build AC in the complete open to kill.

Zumos
Red Guard

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Aneu.1748

Its not a couple, its 12, 12 that can hit a gate.

12×2000 = 24000 damage per second.

One thing I also forgot is that the increase in range means you can place more than 12 on a gate because the range has now been increased!

Aneu | [VoTF]

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

Not so much. During the day today the enemy server took everything, I think they are currently ticking 575. We have no chance to take any of it back. The only people that wanted this were the bads that do not know how to defend their keeps/towers.

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

McNuggetBandit.8376

And all they will do is build a counter treb, a bali or use their increased AC range. Its just going to slow things right down and cause massive stale mates. Were already starting to see it now in WvW and its only a few hours after patch

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Isaac.6041

Keeps are not going to be impossible to take. With the increased range on arrow carts. You should be able to build offensive arrow carts to counter the defensive ones. We’ll have to see how this works.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Agreed. Ridiculous.

Nobody was asking for so mega mighty buff.

Anet: please communicate with your players before doing such drastic changes. It looks more and more like you really don’t play nor understand your own game.

Talk to us!

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

FractalChaos.6539

Then just re-build the arrowcarts and rinse repeat with your 2k x 12 damage per second with the -33% heal that the poison gives you thus making defence far more overpowered than attack.

Speaking as someone who, since launch, has been saying that attackers had every single advantage during a siege (and they did), I welcome this change. Those of us who like fighting over an objective, who like the push-and-pull of a protracted siege over the 30 second zerg v zerg routs in open field…well, it’s our turn now.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

This is an awesome change! I love it. AC’s were weak before, you could just stand in them and it didn’t really matter.

Attacking a structure was way too easy. And this helps the defenders – great improvment.

As mentioned it busts a zerg from throwing down rams easily. It also helps the defenders fend off all the AoE kitten that hits you on top of the wall. Lets see those Ele’s just stand there now and cast Meteor Shower with reckless abandon.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

I remember reading once: “Wah wah wah defense is impossible all this game is about is attacking things you cant defend wah its impossible” so devs just buffed ac’s to make defending more possible and now its “wah wah wah game is too static, attacking is too hard…”

Really, make up your minds people.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: slingblade.1437

slingblade.1437

If the 30 minute timers now really work, then most siege will have to be built at the last minute unless you have people refreshing and replacing siege round-the-clock. Once the zerg arrives it will be difficult to place siege on walls because enemies will be able to attack the build sites, and supplies will often be limited. ACs behind the gate will be greatly helpful, if you can get them built in time. It really depends on if the timers will really destroy siege after 30 minutes, and if there are enough players willing to build and refresh. Pre-patch, I would say heck no there are not enough willing to build and refresh, and I’m not all that optimistic that will change.

Also, the 30-second delay to the attack alert will play a factor. There will be times when nobody even knows a tower/keep is under attack until the gate is already as good as destroyed. There will be other times when scouting and pre-built, refreshed siege, quickly destroys rams and maybe even golems.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow Gathering.5649

Shadow Gathering.5649

These new arrow carts are ridiculous. And with the range buff, its hard even to know where the arrows are coming from.

The response will be trebbing the snot out of everything before going in. It will be a protracted turtlefest.

You over-did-it on the arrow carts Anet.

Rockrain
FA

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Mystery.7392

Mystery.7392

They’re on a good way to be like EA.
This patch is for WvW absolutely terrible.

Aloha Luana – The Iron Triangle [IRON]
Warrior – Gunnar’s Hold
Will always love Elona!

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: wish.1027

wish.1027

they lose more and more people every new pacth

I’d love to see the numbers you’re drawing that conclusion from.

I’m predicting anecdotal evidence and/or “lol u must be blind 2 not see it”

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/07/how-guild-wars-2-plans-to-survive
“Aside from managing to shift over 3 million copies in the six months since it launched, Johanson also informs me that Guild Wars 2 has bucked one of the main MMO trends by seeing player numbers continue to rise during what would usually be a post-launch slump.”

Jade Quarry Warrior Strike Force [SF]
w/ an alt Thief and Guardian.
Math is your friend.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

FractalChaos.6539

And all they will do is build a counter treb, a bali or use their increased AC range. Its just going to slow things right down and cause massive stale mates. Were already starting to see it now in WvW and its only a few hours after patch

I’m not seeing a problem with fights taking longer and objectives being more defensible. It used to be possible to take a keep in under 90 seconds (or was it 60). NINETY SECONDS to storm a keep and flip it.

That is ridiculous.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Zumos.2056

Speaking as someone who, since launch, has been saying that attackers had every single advantage during a siege (and they did), I welcome this change. Those of us who like fighting over an objective, who like the push-and-pull of a protracted siege over the 30 second zerg v zerg routs in open field…well, it’s our turn now.

If you think offensive side has an advantage, then you’re probably so bad you think you always had a disadvantage. With the portal you can run in and out, you have the walls to stand on. You have an huge defensive advantage, if you are actually able to kill the enemy.

Zumos
Red Guard

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

McNuggetBandit.8376

I remember reading once: “Wah wah wah defense is impossible all this game is about is attacking things you cant defend wah its impossible” so devs just buffed ac’s to make defending more possible and now its “wah wah wah game is too static, attacking is too hard…”

Really, make up your minds people.

Honestly where they were at before was fine even with the WXP skills they would be fine but an overall 80% damage buff is insane.

The main problem is that you can’t wipe all the AC’s before taking a keep as defenders can build em on corners and behind the gate. Put two sup Ac’s by supply hut and jsut watch every single ram melt in a few seconds. Now you just need to worry about sitting there and counter trebbing 24/7 and those people wasting your supply to reapir walls for the wxp from the said trebs that now can’t be blocked