Sanctum of Rall vs Yak's Bend vs Gate of Madness 10/12/12

in WvW

Posted by: monmon.7081

monmon.7081

Turge Battleborn here, i only ever play WwW. Past 3 matches we had were fun since the balance was shifting..

now? not so much. I am not even that motivated to login WwW anymore. It’s all entirely blue.

Bah.

S A N C T U M O F R A L L
Warrior | Turge Battleborn
Mesmer | Lia Duskborn

in WvW

Posted by: SALENIA.6807

SALENIA.6807

@Koopatroopa. Are you high? SoR has come in first for 3 weeks straight now……

Rheago (Ranger) ~ Bloodninja (Thief)
[CoR] ~ Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

Salute to Yaks Bend. You have been stout opponents for several weeks. You had us on the run Friday and Saturday. I view you as a class act.

I for one did not recruit anyone to come here, and I’ve been here since day one. However, I won’t trash people who join our community as long as they play fairly and treat people well.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

in WvW

Posted by: gosu.4128

gosu.4128

To GoM zergers:

You guys must be the densest people on the planet.

You guys complain of lag, and wanting xp/karma, but you don’t realize that a 30+ zerg divided into 3 parties can cap three places at the same time, easily.

You ignore those who try to help, you talk smack to those who disagree with the zerg.

Well I hope GoM gets matched up with Kaineng so you can learn to stop being stubborn and egoistic.

From a GoM player, I hope SoR destroys GoM.

edit: When you say that capping supply camps in parties of 5 is “illegitimate WvW”, GoM, you have lost all respect from the entire world of GW2.

(edited by gosu.4128)

in WvW

Posted by: BalorGafdan.7836

BalorGafdan.7836

/wave Kiamar & Rashka

Friendly after how many years of fighting against each other?

I hate you.

<3

in WvW

Posted by: Moaning Marv.2194

Moaning Marv.2194

I haven’t seen Kiamar around, but glad i’m not getting pounced kitten you! :P

Moaning (thief) Marvolo (mes) Mordaunt (necro)
Knights of the White Wolf
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

So what YB guilds transferred to SOR?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

uhh SoR got first in last matchup koopa.kittenderpa kitten

in WvW

Posted by: PoiSonPeZ.4286

PoiSonPeZ.4286

Gotta say that this matchup is more evidence of how the Arenanet ranking system is absolutely, totally useless. Time to reset the rankings and start over. Back to 24 hour matchups.

Three servers that shouldn’t have been matched against each other. Epic failure Arenanet.

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Yaks gave us a huge fight in their BL last night, props to them for not throwing in the towel yet.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Aaron.4807

Aaron.4807

This thread, if anything, shows that the free transfers need to stop ASAP.

Wrekks/Wrekts

in WvW

Posted by: Filosofem.3572

Filosofem.3572

I’m bored! WTB more resets for WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Waterbear.2764

Waterbear.2764

@Imperious: If you see botters just send anyone with a SoB tag a tell (right click to report then use the name to send a tell) and we would be more than glad to take care of the jerks.

@Gosu: Why so serious? Found out a long time ago, you can’t force people to do what you want, just do what you are going to do, take those willing to listen with you, and eventually the others will quit or realize you have it right and follow along. On GoM borderlands right now having good fights at Garrison with SoR, you should join ^.^

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

Gotta say that this matchup is more evidence of how the Arenanet ranking system is absolutely, totally useless. Time to reset the rankings and start over. Back to 24 hour matchups.

Three servers that shouldn’t have been matched against each other. Epic failure Arenanet.

Well that’s not true really. It was a good matchup last week. But the free transfers are what is ruining the system. When you have guilds that decide they need to come down from the top and ‘help’ servers that actually don’t need help. Actually ‘help’ the server that already won – if just barely – the same matchup from last week.

in WvW

Posted by: Oheson.2319

Oheson.2319

This matchup this week showed how kittened up it is to have free transfers.

in WvW

Oheson.2319

Yaks gave us a huge fight in their BL last night, props to them for not throwing in the towel yet.

The SoR we fought last week is not the SoR we are fighting this week. Your server has completely changed due to the free transfers. Yaks did not change. SoR did a complete remake.

in WvW

Pendragon.8735

People don’t get the bigger point is not about winning or losing. SoR won last week and everyone in the matchup enjoyed the fight because it was close! The point is about the matchmaking system being ruined since transfers interefere so massively with the tightly formulated ranking system.

Without the transfers and influx the match would certainly have been closer and remained more competitive, instead of a big waste of time and waiting a week for rebalance like it is now. It only takes adding maybe 15-20 consistent WvW players to a matchup – one extra warband essentially – to suddenly switch balance drastically to the point a lead gets extended so big people just call it a wash and wait for the next one.

You can come in 2nd or 3rd and still have a great time during a match, like what happened last week. Even NS heralded what a great battle it was even though they came in last. Only bad thing from it, they dropped to a lower tier where it is also not balanced now again.

Look around, this imbalance is happening in every single tier, and Yak’s is actually putting forth the best 2nd place showing in the top 5 brackets. And yet its still a disaster match now in terms of competitiveness. Something needs to changed in the system so this gamemode is actually fun more than 1 out of 5 times.

in WvW

Posted by: Vadio.5439

Vadio.5439

http://mos.millenium.org/matchups
http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA
its happen all server

One server rule all others two , people get boring and dont play wvw anymore in day 4-5-6-7

(edited by Vadio.5439)

in WvW

Posted by: niva.1975

niva.1975

I’m not sure people understand the definition of coattail riders…it really can’t be used when you transfer from the #1 server to the #14th server.

in WvW

morrolan.9608

Look around, this imbalance is happening in every single tier, and Yak’s is actually putting forth the best 2nd place showing in the top 5 brackets.

Thats unbelievable yet not a word from anet. They either need to stop free transfers to high pop servers immediately or revert back to 24 hour or 48 hour matchups until they can get a handle on it.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: Moaning Marv.2194

Moaning Marv.2194

I’m not sure people understand the definition of coattail riders…it really can’t be used when you transfer from the #1 server to the #14th server.

yeah i was thinking the same thing, unless maybe gom/yaks are jumping ship to us

Moaning (thief) Marvolo (mes) Mordaunt (necro)
Knights of the White Wolf
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

gosu.4128

@ Waterbear

Wise words. I’ll heed your advice.

in WvW

morrolan.9608

yeah i was thinking the same thing, unless maybe gom/yaks are jumping ship to us

Well its been mentioned that YB guilds have transferred to SOR. I’d like to know which guilds.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Columba.9730

no friendly wave for me, Balor? how about a kiss?

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

I’m done reading this thread for a bit.

Too many people being so negative and making all players/guilds who have joined SoR in the past 3 weeks or so seem like they are worth less, and the only people who matter are ones who were here from the start.

Thanks to some of my fellow SoR members for making me feel this way.

@YB and GoM, I hope you guys get your moral back, seems like SoR is having issues from the inside out. You two might be able to use it to your advantage somehow.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

Posted by: Mara.5372

Mara.5372

You know, as someone who spends admittedly too many hours in WvW, it really bothers..No, almost offends me that people are accrediting our success on SoR to these “transfer guilds” we received. Like SoR wasn’t doing well before hand or something.

I mean for kittens sake, stop pointing fingers, playing the blame game, and the poor sportsmanship, from all sides. Take responsibility for lack of participation, motivation, players, and move on, learn from your losses or mistakes. What is all this nonsense going to achieve in the end? Do not sit here and belittle each other over something so menial that will not even be remembered in a few months.

SoR, show some dignity. Yes, we are winning. Fantastic. Grow complacent, and we will fall right back to where we started. I for one, and I know the other guilds who have spent the past weeks helping the server in WvW do not appreciate this sort of behavior. Guilds from other servers who have just now transferred here this week, like I said, I welcome you, however, please do not pretend like you are knights in shining armor here to save SoR. SoR has been doing fine and will continue to do so if that is what our community wants.

Leader Mara [EPIC]| Sanctum of Rall Commander

in WvW

Pendragon.8735

Mara, no one with a brain is crediting your success to transfers. SoR won last week after all without them. They are crediting ‘ruining the match’ to transfers, making it no fun to play. Not like, “We would beat you without the transfers” (though it might be possible) but rather, “Hey this is no fun due to transfers.”

SoR is apparently so bored at this point, they are down to the lame tactic of letting a gate fall just so they can rush in and kill 6 people with 30. Bravo?

Right now across all tiers the system itself is a far bigger issue than SoR players demanded to be praised over and over. The match is mostly garbage right now because of changes that happened over the last week.

in WvW

gosu.4128

You know, as someone who spends admittedly too many hours in WvW, it really bothers..No, almost offends me that people are accrediting our success on SoR to these “transfer guilds” we received. Like SoR wasn’t doing well before hand or something.

I mean for kittens sake, stop pointing fingers, playing the blame game, and the poor sportsmanship, from all sides. Take responsibility for lack of participation, motivation, players, and move on, learn from your losses or mistakes. What is all this nonsense going to achieve in the end? Do not sit here and belittle each other over something so menial that will not even be remembered in a few months.

SoR, show some dignity. Yes, we are winning. Fantastic. Grow complacent, and we will fall right back to where we started. I for one, and I know the other guilds who have spent the past weeks helping the server in WvW do not appreciate this sort of behavior. Guilds from other servers who have just now transferred here this week, like I said, I welcome you, however, please do not pretend like you are knights in shining armor here to save SoR. SoR has been doing fine and will continue to do so if that is what our community wants.

I understand clearly why you were voted as #1 commander of your server. My hat is off to you.

SoR, you are very lucky to have a leader as great as Mara.

GoM, open. your. eyes.

in WvW

Posted by: niva.1975

niva.1975

Thats unbelievable yet not a word from anet. They either need to stop free transfers to high pop servers immediately or revert back to 24 hour or 48 hour matchups until they can get a handle on it.

I was just saying they should go back to 24/48 the other day. This – everyone gives up due to scores after a few says is not good for anyone. I can’t even image a month long match and what that would do.

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

The SoR we fought last week is not the SoR we are fighting this week. Your server has completely changed due to the free transfers. Yaks did not change. SoR did a complete remake.

Not debating that, you pushed us right out of your garrison and took back half the map. Mind you we were queued and I assume you were not, it was impressive and I have to give my respects.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

morrolan.9608

Mara, no one with a brain is crediting your success to transfers. SoR won last week after all without them. They are crediting ‘ruining the match’ to transfers, making it no fun to play. Not like, “We would beat you without the transfers” (though it might be possible) but rather, “Hey this is no fun due to transfers.”

This, a thousand time this. SoR gained much respect last week after the way they came back to win last week but this week the sheer numbers that have been fielded have made it a non event. This of course is coupled with their superior strategy and discipline.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Oheson.2319

@YB and GoM, I hope you guys get your moral back, seems like SoR is having issues from the inside out. You two might be able to use it to your advantage somehow.

As a member of Yaks (and I can not speak for the whole server), we are out for the rest of the week. PvE and leveling alts will be what happens for the rest of the week.

in WvW

Posted by: Kuthos.9623

Kuthos.9623

SoR won fairly enough and with great effort without the free transfers…..

Having said that, our queue times on SoR have doubled, there’s tons of new guilds I’ve never seen before WvW’ing, and there’s hardly any Yak’s Bend or GoM pvping either. It’s extremely one-sided and boring compared to the matches we had before. No we didn’t just win because of free transfers, however it has greatly affected the WvW and I hope Anet shuts them down soon because it’s only going to get worse.

in WvW

Posted by: Paljas.2581

Paljas.2581

We won/win thanks to great leaders like: Alpaca Owl, Tyrell The Great and Mara. Always a pwnfest when they’re online.

(edited by Paljas.2581)

in WvW

Columba.9730

We won/win thanks to great leaders like: Alpaca Owl, Tyrell The Great and Mara. Always apwnfest when they’re online.

Kiamar and Yshyr too

in WvW

Posted by: Paljas.2581

Paljas.2581

We won/win thanks to great leaders like: Alpaca Owl, Tyrell The Great and Mara. Always apwnfest when they’re online.

Kiamar and Yshyr too

Dunno, they must play on times I’m not online. Never heard of them.

in WvW

Columba.9730

The lead Vigilance (Vig)

in WvW

Posted by: Yshyr.8709

Yshyr.8709

I’m done reading this thread for a bit.

Too many people being so negative and making all players/guilds who have joined SoR in the past 3 weeks or so seem like they are worth less, and the only people who matter are ones who were here from the start.

Thanks to some of my fellow SoR members for making me feel this way.

Don’t let the forum crap get to you. you guys have been a very nice addition to sor. I can’t stand to sit in a queue for more than 10 minutes so i am the last person to blame you guys for leaving the massive queues on the top servers.

I do have to admit that I am enjoying the spectacle of the new guilds trying to organize a server which is almost militant in it’s disorganization.

in WvW

Posted by: Sue.4361

Sue.4361

So, is anyone enjoying this match?

It is a good time to level alts. PvP is beyond boring with all the rejects from the other servers coming to SoR. There are like 12 “commanders” on each map just hoping people will follow them so they can show their leet NPC killing skills- it is quite amusing.

in WvW

Posted by: Kazak.8459

Kazak.8459

Yak here. Last week SoR was different than this week, no doubt. The tactics I’ve personally seen SoR use on us the last couple of days were pretty awesome. The way the zergs moved, the way they retreated just to suck us out of our defenses to chase them and to turn around and crush us.

Even with Yaks commanders online, pugs were dieing all over and it was a huge hit on the moral here no doubt.

Tonight for example, we had maybe 20 people in Yaks BG, no organization at all. Just working fathers trying to blow some steam after work. SoR had a huge zerg roaming around wiping everything in its place. They were fast, organized and aggressive.

As a small team of 5, all we could do is sneak in the back areas and do what small groups can do, assault supply posts, yaks and random stragglers. We had our fun, we made a great share of karma/money with the outnumbered bonus (what a joke!).

Great to see so many people able to organize so well in SoR, wish we had that on Yaks. Hopefully the next week will give us more of the same population servers to compete against.

Good luck SoR, hope you take on the bigger guys. I will be cheering for you.

Kozak from yak

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

lol i was camping yaks bends spawn a few hrs ago dancing with one dude…it was fun times

in WvW

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

I do have to admit that I am enjoying the spectacle of the new guilds trying to organize a server which is almost militant in it’s disorganization.

It’s interesting that this is your perception of things considering SoR has been working great together in WvW for the last 4 weeks. Ever since our match with Darkhaven and Sorrows Furnace we have come together as a server. Has it all changed so much since Sunday night? I wouldn’t know I haven’t played more than ten minutes since about 2am Sunday morning. How does the rest of SoR see things? I’m very interested to understand what’s going on right now.

New guilds trying to organise a server that is militant in it’s disorganisation? That doesn’t sound like the Sanctum of Rall that I know and love, it sounds like a new problem, maybe from people that are resisting change or maybe from people that are pushing it. I don’t have an opinion as yet.

in WvW

Posted by: etsmith.9025

etsmith.9025

The game might have been closer if they didn’t receive the transfers, we will still give them back a bit while online. I did find it rather odd that their “classy” new guilds felt it necessary to spawn camp the various maps. TW especially. We took back some of our lands and once again once we moved around or logged off lost it … we will just cruise until the next game.

in WvW

Posted by: Ascleph.2147

Ascleph.2147

Tbh, while Yaks Bend was winning, most of the rallying calls in map chat were something like: “Yak’s Bend sounds stupid, you dont wanna be beaten by stupid right?” So YB, you got your world’s name to blame.

in WvW

Posted by: Dargron.3895

Dargron.3895

For my part, I havn’t noticed any change to Sanctum of Rall over the last 3-4 weeks beyond the established Commanders gradually getting more and more in sinc with one another. Same leaders out in the field over the same hours. Same cue times. Same populations during the off-peak hours. Granted, I’m only ever on one map at a time over a period of 12hrs, so don’t see an overall picture, but if there were server transfers recently, they don’t appear to have given Sanctum anything that wasn’t already there before. That’s not to discredit any new transfers, but a couple of new Guilds, even top tier ones, does not magically transform an entire WvWvW community overnight.

The only change I’ve noticed this round has been in Yak’s performance, not Sanctum’s. Yak’s Bend set the standard on the first day of this match-up, Sanctum simply picked up their game to match, just as we did against Yak’s in the previous match-up, but Yak’s hasn’t seemed to even come close to repeating their performance that first day, even though Sanctum has been on edge for days waiting for it to happen. Perhaps the missing ingredient is Northern Shiverpeaks?

Dargron|80 Charr Engineer| Gaiscioch [GSCH]|Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Kiijj.3594

Kiijj.3594

It’s interesting that this is your perception of things considering SoR has been working great together in WvW for the last 4 weeks. Ever since our match with Darkhaven and Sorrows Furnace we have come together as a server. Has it all changed so much since Sunday night? I wouldn’t know I haven’t played more than ten minutes since about 2am Sunday morning. How does the rest of SoR see things? I’m very interested to understand what’s going on right now.

New guilds trying to organise a server that is militant in it’s disorganisation? That doesn’t sound like the Sanctum of Rall that I know and love, it sounds like a new problem, maybe from people that are resisting change or maybe from people that are pushing it. I don’t have an opinion as yet.

Been here since the 25th of August 2012, ie Day 1. Been WvWvW-ing once in awhile since then but not that frequently.

We were a mess back in our early days, but I could slowly see that we’ve started to improve bit by bit especially in the last few weeks or so, especially since the DH and SF battle.

To be honest, I don’t see us in the lead this week as an issue, nor should we be blowing our trumpets and puffing our chests like a bunch of egomaniacs. When we do fight against other more organized servers and get our bums beaten soundly, the fair-weather people will leave for greener pastures and the ones who truly love SoR will remain behind, lick our wounds, rethink our strategies and bounce back.

Also, /wave to Elthuzar, Dyeprey, Alpaca Owl, Leader Mara. I always see you guys in the night battles and you guys do a great job in fighting the good fight for SoR. Hope to see you guys again tonight when I can squeeze in hopefully a few good hours of WvWvW when I get home from work!

Nirmu 80 Guardian [GC]
Nirmuu 80 Warrior [GC]

in WvW

morrolan.9608

Tbh, while Yaks Bend was winning, most of the rallying calls in map chat were something like: “Yak’s Bend sounds stupid, you dont wanna be beaten by stupid right?” So YB, you got your world’s name to blame.

So much for the whole SOR is better than that.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: Kiijj.3594

Kiijj.3594

So much for the whole SOR is better than that.

You’re gonna generalize all of SoR based on the comments of a stupid few?

Nirmu 80 Guardian [GC]
Nirmuu 80 Warrior [GC]

in WvW

Posted by: Ascleph.2147

Ascleph.2147

It really that happen and I wasnt the one that did it either. Lion’s Arch had a good laugh at that. But nopppp, one person took offense to some people in the internet finding the name of the videogame world he plays at funny, gotta call the moralpolice, no fun allowed here.

(edited by Ascleph.2147)

in WvW

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

Good fights tonight TOG. Thanks for still showing up.