FAQ: Gem Store / BLTC / Trading Post

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Harlto.6405

Harlto.6405

Yesterday and today(11/17 and 11/18), I’m unable to purchase on the gem store. I have opened ticket number: 121118-003350

I am getting Card approval failure on all 3 of my cards, I’ve used one of them in-game before.

All cards have been used at multiple merchants, both on line and in person. i.e. Amazon.com, Lowe’s, Home Depot, Kroger(King Soopers).

This is NOT a card issue as far as I can determine, it is an in-game Gem Store issue.

I don’t mind not being able to purchase gems, I just wish the reason was more “correct” as validation “from the card issuer’s perspective” is NOT the problem.

Posted by: Moominir.2093

Moominir.2093

For those interested, this was apparently the reason:

In reviewing the purchase attempts, we have found that you have triggered our Risk Management security feature. As we are unable to override Risk Management, the only suggestion we may offer at this time is for you to locate a local or online retailer offering Gem Cards.

And here is my surprised response.

How come? I wasn’t doing anything different from last time I purchased gems. I called the bank, the card is still valid and without any restrictions. I even log in from the same IP address and have been playing the game regularly in the past week, even tried to participate in the Lost Shore events. If this triggered your Risk Management, then I do pity other regular players trying to purchase gems the same way, because this system seems to trigger at random.

If you can’t override it, and can’t give me any way of proving that I’m a legitimate customer, that is fine. It is strange, though, because a subscription-free game is dependant on micro-transactions. And micro-transactions should be made as effortless as possible. There are no local retailers selling Gem Cards where I live, and I will not buy Gem Cards from shady online retailers when there is a way to purchase them safely in the game. I do enjoy GW2 but if you are not willing to accept my purchases I can’t help it. I’ll go and spend it in another game.

I wish that your issue will be solved more successfully than mine.

Posted by: Khilbron.9347

Khilbron.9347

Another approval failure for credit card. card is fine, but the gem store doesn’t believe me.
Why you no take my money? D:<
I submitted a bug report and a ticket about it: #121119-000219

Posted by: Loki.3740

Loki.3740

Haven’t been able to get a gem order through since saturday. The odd thing is it wouldn’t let me do a higher gem amount order then, but a lower denominatnion was ok. Then when I tried again with the same lower amount, nothing.
Since then “credit card approved failure” all the time

Posted by: Agito.2683

Agito.2683

Since yesterday night till today (2012-11-19) I haven’t been able to purchase any Gems what so ever. When I try using my Paypal it always ends up with an Error and if I try to add my credit card it keeps saying “Card Approval Failed”

Ticket #: 121119-002406

Posted by: Ostiak.3692

Ostiak.3692

I have the issue “Card Approval Failed” after I purchased gems from the store today and wanted to purchase more. Paypal, and two other credit cards don’t work either. Please help

Ticket: 121119-002449

Posted by: CrossFire.8037

CrossFire.8037

I also can’t purchase gems from the store. I get the same error as other “Card Approval Failed”.

Posted by: nitaro.8932

nitaro.8932

i bought 10 mystic forge stones, but they were never sent to my mail
they show in my recent purchases
purchased them Sunday

Posted by: Kajuha.3458

Kajuha.3458

I bought a Consortium Chest, and i never got it in the mail.

Posted by: DagonMadness.4205

DagonMadness.4205

Today i bought 800 gems and spent them on 1 consortium box and 1 dye pack and rest on gold.

Later i bought another 800 gems and spent em on 5 dye packs

I have not revived any of the items yet

Account issue number: Black lion trading company [Incident: 121120-001341]

Death never comes easy !

Character: Red Eye Spook-Charr-Warrior

Posted by: Munin.1896

Munin.1896

I´ve just bought 10 fine transmutation stones from the gem store, but they were never sent to my mail, although my gems have been deducted and its shown in my recent purchases. The purchase has been done about 10 mins ago.

Posted by: Chris.4576

Chris.4576

I am unable to buy any gems whenever I go to buy any it says I need to verify my identity with customer support I think my account might of been locked when the registration on one of my visa gift cards didn’t go through and I tried to use it before it was registered unintentional locking my own account.

ticket #121120-002628

Posted by: Yas.1987

Yas.1987

Started replaying Guild Wars 2 over the weekend and purchased some odd Gems over the period. Now, since Monday 19/11/2012 (it is now Wednesday 21st) I have not been able to purchase any more Gems and keep getting a “Card Approval Failed” message.

I understand why the system of restriction has been implemented but I really think there has to be a better way than this.

Ticket #121121-000188

Posted by: dimentox.6019

dimentox.6019

Thanks for submitting your question. Use this reference number for follow up: #121121-001456

Says need to validate my identity.

Posted by: Artorias.5231

Artorias.5231

#121122-000575

“Credit card approval failed " keep showing when i using my credit card
need help,it 70% off time,i need those gems!!!

Posted by: Cyn.6371

Cyn.6371

I have been trying to make a gem purchase using the same cc that I used to upgrade an account last weekend. I have also tried to purchase through PayPal. Neither method is letting me complete the transaction.

[Incident: 121121-000401]

Posted by: Artorias.5231

Artorias.5231

Yesterday I try to purchase gems with my creditcard ,it’s fail and a message pop up

“Credit card approval failed ,please contact support”

In the firstime I have contact to my bank support, they said everything usual ,nothing happend

then I contact the game support, write down my problem and got a ticket

here’s the respond

————————————————————————————————————————

“Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

In reviewing the purchase attempts, we have found that you have triggered our Risk Management security feature. As we are unable to override Risk Management, the only suggestion we may offer at this time is for you to locate a local or online retailer offering the the product you wish to purchase."

————————————————————————————————————————

does anyone have any ideal on this “Risk Management security feature” things??

it’s sounds like i can never use this credit card.

Posted by: Twomix.5384

Twomix.5384

Same here. Card approval failed. I believe this issue crops up when the CC/Paypal Email is different from the one you registered the game with.

Posted by: Yorick.9645

Yorick.9645

I’m starting to get very annoyed by issues with Cc support . Gem purchase.
1. Quite often I’m asked for the Country – even while that supposed to be one time only question.
2. I’ve tried to purchase something and got card approval failure, even as I was able to previously buy the game and some gems on Arenanet with the same card. Again…

I guess that it should be ArenaNet business to make purchasing experience as smooth as possible, and that seems like disaster. If you don’t want my money fine – I used gold to gems but this way no more funds for purchases over Black Friday’s weekend. Great…

CrossFire.8037

Unable to purchase gems for 6 days now. “Card approved failed”. I have tried 2 different cards and a Paypal account but i get the same error. I have purchased gems from the store before, about 6 different times. My bank has money in it, my cards are fine.

Incident – #121123-001665

Posted by: Lillend.6891

Lillend.6891

I am receiving the “Card Approval Failure” problem as well, I would love to purchase gems if you would just let me >.<

121123-001643

Logistics Officer of [Orb]—FC
Orb Gaming

Posted by: Raskrial.5893

Raskrial.5893

i’m unable to buy gems from the store for some days now. i’ve always used a Visa gift card for my purchase before on the gemstore and now this isn’t working.

i’ve checked over VISA and the gift card is active and money on it. Please help.

thx.

Posted by: Vlox.4792

Vlox.4792

I’ve bought a consortium chest a while ago but never received a mail and now I want my gold back…

is it enough to post here or do I have to contact the support directly?

Posted by: Rhynor.4015

Rhynor.4015

Are you using a foreign credit card? If you are playing the game in one country but then pay for ingame stuff like gems with a credit card that is from a different country, you will get that message. (Many people like myself who moved overseas still use credit cards from their home country, and it appears to trigger the anti-hacker monitor, hence the “risk management” response).

IGN: Tyrra
Guild: Gaiscioch [GSCH]
Server: Sanctum of Rall (NA)

Posted by: Jaumabeer.4158

Jaumabeer.4158

i haven’t been able to purchase anything off the Trading Post since the patch. The “Buy” button is unclickable.

Posted by: celicynd.9420

celicynd.9420

I’m getting this same message. Not a foreign card. And I only purchase gems once or twice a month (haven’t really been playing)… If ANet tries and tell me that I’m calling BS on their “Risk Management” system. My wife is also having the same issue. It’s completely absurd that she keeps having this issue, I’m getting it now, and two guild members seem to be having the same issue.

I’ve never had this issue with any of my other online purchases… perhaps ANet needs to get a better processing and CC security system that actually works.

Posted by: ronon.2496

ronon.2496

For ^%"£ sakes A net sort your s*** out!!!!! been all most 1 week now i not been able to buy gems !!! and there been no mod reply in days!!!!!

Posted by: Phirmware.4159

Phirmware.4159

Again, two different credit cards, neither will work with your system. Both getting the “Card Approval Failure” error.

Do your investors know they are losing money due to the fact that their customers cannot give them money?

Posted by: LastDarkness.7390

LastDarkness.7390

Ticket # 121124-001936
Cant buy Gems even though im using the same Paypal Account ive purchased Gems with in the past and the game.

" This payment cannot be completed and your account has not been charged. Please contact your merchant for more information.
We are not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the merchant’s website and try using a different payment method (if available). "

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Passing the more recent issues along for review by the Gem Store team. We apologize for the issues and a Support agent will work with you on each case.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Posted by: Henke.4356

Henke.4356

So I already mailed the support about a week ago, got confirmed that my errand had been passed on to the “Payment Review Team”. However I’ve not heard anymore since then.

So my issue is as simple as that I can’t buy gems, tried a few times last week, and tried once today. Absolutely nothing happens, when I’ve filled out all my information and pressed confirm, the buttons become grey and it takes a few minutes, then I get back to the form. No confirmation, no error, no gems, no mail. Not anything at all.

So is this a common problem at the moment or?

Posted by: Squish.6185

Squish.6185

Well, add me to the group of people unable to GIVE YOU MY MONEY! (sad face).

I played World of Warcraft for SEVEN years. Between monthly fees, server switches, faction changes, special mounts, I spent well over $2,000.

So when I discovered how amazing GW2 was, and that it was free to play.. I decided, “Hey, I could afford to buy some gems, support the game, have a little fun! Awesome!”

Problem is, I am completely unable to hand over my cash! I have tried to purchase gems using both the CREDIT CARD or PAYPAL option, and it bugged.

After entering my credit card information, personal details, and choosing the $50 / 4,000 gem option, I continue to the next screen where I would confirm the purchase. Only, on the left it says “you are purchasing” and is completely blank. On the right it lists my payment option, but I can NOT click on “CONFIRM” because it is bugged and lists nothing under what I selected to purchase.

I tried using Paypal, and it is similarly bugged, it won’t continue on to Paypal.
I opened a bug report, but have yet to receive any kind of response.

Come on guys…. you’d think this would be your first priority, taking our money!

Thanks, and looking forward to some sort of fix soon so I can throw cash at you!

Posted by: Saison.4102

Saison.4102

After entering my credit card information, personal details, and choosing the $50 / 4,000 gem option, I continue to the next screen where I would confirm the purchase. Only, on the left it says “you are purchasing” and is completely blank. On the right it lists my payment option, but I can NOT click on “CONFIRM” because it is bugged and lists nothing under what I selected to purchase.

I am having the exact same problem right now…hopefully there is an update on this soon.

Posted by: Snapdragon.6527

Snapdragon.6527

Hello, so I have a few questions with purchasing gems with a Vanilla Visa Giftcard. I am not sure what to put for name and Billing Address. Also, when I just put my normal name and Billing Address, it just tells me Card Approval Failed. (Also I have activated my Visa Gift Card on it’s web site). So I am really not sure what to do, help.

Squish.6185

I am having the exact same problem right now…hopefully there is an update on this soon.

nod I’ll be waiting patiently for an update as well. Although it seems the gem store has been broken since the beginning, at least according to this thread. If it’s not one thing, it’s something else. chuckle.

Posted by: MikeOnGlass.5810

MikeOnGlass.5810

I’ve just had exactly the same problem Henke.4356 describes below. I too got no error message and no confirmation message when I tried to purchase Gems in-game a few minutes ago. (My support ticket is #121125-002581).

Just cleaning up loose ends and giving thanks. ANET’s major upgrade and fix of the in-game gem purchase mechanism worked flawlessly for me. Thanks to all who worked diligently to manage and resolve this very frustrating and significant customer service issue.

(edited by MikeOnGlass.5810)

CrossFire.8037

Still unable to purchase gems. I missed the weekend deals because i keep getting the same error. Support claim my bank is blocking transactions. I called up my bank to check and they have done no such thing.

THIS ISSUE IS ON YOUR END ANET. I have tried 3 different cards and Paypal. If i continue to reviece this error i will simply take my custom elsewhere and stop supporting the game.

#121123-001665

Posted by: Valhalla.5620

Valhalla.5620

Your system restricts me from purchasing gems…..again. Fix it ASAP

[121116-002679]

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Hey guys,

I just got an email with an analysis and a work-around on one of the Gem Store purchase issues, where you try to buy and cannot click “next” to complete the purchase. Granted, this doesn’t solve every issue, but it’s a step forward and I want to share this work-around:

What is happening is that the “next” button on the final screen does not get enabled after filling out their billing information. What seems to be happening is the form does not recognize that the customer has entered all the information into the form and in turn, they cannot complete their purchase. If the customer simply “tabs out” of that last field (for the card’s expiration date), they are able to click next and confirm the purchase on the following page.

I wanted to post this right away, and I’m hoping that someone will let me know if this suggestion does work for them. We have a “bug” listed for this, but I’m super curious about whether this work-around is effective.

Thanks for any info you can provide on this!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: LastDarkness.7390

LastDarkness.7390

Ive heard those gift cards flag your account for permanete non-transaction. Aka they wont ever let you buy anything. It has to do with their fraud and stolen card detection system.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Ive heard those gift cards flag your account for permanete non-transaction. Aka they wont ever let you buy anything. It has to do with their fraud and stolen card detection system.

I have never heard that a gift card will result in a permanent block for purchases! Please don’t start rumors, but allow us to help players with facts and accurate information.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Hello, so I have a few questions with purchasing gems with a Vanilla Visa Giftcard. I am not sure what to put for name and Billing Address. Also, when I just put my normal name and Billing Address, it just tells me Card Approval Failed. (Also I have activated my Visa Gift Card on it’s web site). So I am really not sure what to do, help.

I am going to ask our Billing Team lead about this. Will get back to you soon!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Squish.6185

Hey guys,

I just got an email with an analysis and a work-around on one of the Gem Store purchase issues, where you try to buy and cannot click “next” to complete the purchase. Granted, this doesn’t solve every issue, but it’s a step forward and I want to share this work-around:

What is happening is that the “next” button on the final screen does not get enabled after filling out their billing information. What seems to be happening is the form does not recognize that the customer has entered all the information into the form and in turn, they cannot complete their purchase. If the customer simply “tabs out” of that last field (for the card’s expiration date), they are able to click next and confirm the purchase on the following page.

I wanted to post this right away, and I’m hoping that someone will let me know if this suggestion does work for them. We have a “bug” listed for this, but I’m super curious about whether this work-around is effective.

Thanks for any info you can provide on this!

Yes, it works. I found that bug while trying to figure out why I couldn’t buy anything. Unfortunately, that is not the bug preventing me from purchasing anything. It’s the lack of a “confirm” button on the NEXT page after that. Very frustrating. I tried buying gems over the black Friday sale (3 days running) and got nowhere.

~holds up handful of money~ I want to give it to you, I REALLY do. But.. you just aren’t making it easy to do!

:)

Posted by: Softex.2054

Softex.2054

[Incident: 121126-002098]
Card Approval Failed
My friends have used prepaid credit cards to purchase gems, I have purchased a $50 prepaid credit card, but I keep getting the Card Approval Failed Error when purchasing 2800 Gems for $35.

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

yes same problem. i don’t like to use my credit card online period. i always buy cards to buy stuff online so it would be great if i’d get some more info about the problem.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

Have you verified on the visa website that there is no way to add in your billing address?

Posted by: Rich.1978

Rich.1978

Hi i try to buy gems in the game but i always get the message that i have to contact support to confirm my identity but where and how can i confirm to you?

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

I spent 350 gems on the total make over kit, but I didn’t receive anything. I was expecting maybe a mail like every other item you purchase..but nothing. I logout to the character select screen to see if maybe there was a edit button for my character. Nothing.

What gives? Did I just lose my gems?

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

Posted by: Tiny Terror.6752

Tiny Terror.6752

Mine was the same way. I purchased two. Now I’m out of 700 gems and 12 gold.

Posted by: IceBlink.4317

IceBlink.4317

Do you already have 10 (non-NPC) mail in your inbox?