100% world completion bug?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: EasyModeAj.3169

EasyModeAj.3169

Nvm i think i need to complete my story, can anyone confirm??

Posted by: shokenaw.1987

shokenaw.1987

There are no hearts in your storyline. You’re sure all zones (overworld) have all hearts complete?

Hidden in the shadows, veiled by rumor and cloaked in the deepest of night. Our time is now.

Posted by: mllepandora.3176

mllepandora.3176

it’s quite easy to miss some hearts and PoI’s if you don’t make sure to discover every cave & lake in Tyria. Take another close look at each map that’s missing something, since you can go by zone.
Don’t forget to check WvW maps for PoI’s that might have been under the control of another team.

Posted by: Atheran.2504

Atheran.2504

For hearts, check each zone map for scout icons. If a scout icon (telescope) is still appearing on your map then it means there is an incomplete quest nearby and that scout will point it out.

Main characters:
Angram – 80 Engineer
Velila Storm – 80 Guardian

Posted by: Ald.9418

Ald.9418

Zoning into Chantry of Secrets triggered my Gifts of Explorations to pop up. What i don’t understand is I’ve been to this zone dozens of times before since I’m Order of Whispers. Makes no sense but at least i have my gifts and icon next to my name.

Hope this helps others having the same issue.

EasyModeAj.3169

Ive spent alot of silver teleporting to each zone everything is 100% to me so i think something has bugged out and im not really happy about it

(i want my shiny gold star)

mllepandora.3176

does it actually say 100% on each area’s map legend on your map screen?
:( if so, that is a bummer.
it seems weird that each zone you visited would read 100% with you missing hearts and POI’s.
Then again, I am missing my 4 of 4 exploring achievement for Cadecous Manor even though I’ve done all paths and story. Just chalked it up to being disconnected from the achievement server while in a dungeon. Never heard of that happening above-ground, so to speak.

EasyModeAj.3169

Yes each ZONE is 100% the map legend says 100%
ive been to each area and walked around for a while scratching my head the only other thing i havent done is completed story mode?? is that necassary to get 100%

EasyModeAj.3169

dear mod that reads this, i wont complain about getting no reward from the wvw 100% areas if u just give me my shiny star or atleast clear the bugged hearts and i will happily go and do them again.

Posted by: virtue.7235

virtue.7235

What worked:

•Got title “Been there, done that”
•Achievements show 100% world completion
•Character select screen shows 100% medal
•Received standard map completion chest
What did not work:

•No gifts of exploration
•No ingame e-mail (not even for map completion!)
•No star above my character according to other players

exactly the same thing happened in my case

please look into this

Serane – D/D Elementalist [Agg]
[Agg] WvW – http://www.youtube.com/user/SeraneGW2
Server? We move a lot.

mllepandora.3176

That really sucks, I’m sorry!
Lots of useful tips in this thread, too.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/100-world-completion-bug/page/5
Maybe if you go to the chantry of secrets it will pop up? Seemed to work for a few people thus far.
Fingers crossed!

EasyModeAj.3169

its 3x poi and 3x heart not just 1

EasyModeAj.3169

same problem
Went to each zone one by one and looked at the map each zone is 100%

world map shows im missing 3x poi 3x heart

acheivements are wrong too
can someone look into this?

Attachments:

Posted by: Cammorg.8729

Cammorg.8729

Completed all Poi/vistas/waypoints etc… showing 100% .. Achieved the Title “Been there done that”. for completing the world completion. (Maguuma etc..) however no chest, no rewards and no star… hmmm

EasyModeAj.3169

update i logged in today and my cahr screen shows 100% still no acheivements or the perks that come with it

Attachments:

EasyModeAj.3169

cmon mods wake up

Posted by: DivineDragoonKain.7840

DivineDragoonKain.7840

Easy Mode, did you complete the Hearts in the Heart of the Mist tutorial?

Posted by: Kozuka.5721

Kozuka.5721

same problem here. Got the “been here, done that” title, everything is 100% (i triple checked), did the heart of mist tutorial. Still nothing

EasyModeAj.3169

done the tutorial done everything else still no dice

also a story mode quest by traherne keeps popping when im in a dungeon
even though im at the end and i just need to kill the dragon

Posted by: bilwit.9752

bilwit.9752

Same. Achievement, badge but no Gifts of Exploration upon entering the Chantry of Secrets.

EasyModeAj.3169

bumpiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing

Posted by: Siyukan.1238

Siyukan.1238

Go to Bloodtide Coast and enter chantry of secrets, once i done this i got the chest for 100%, there is a POI in there and i’m guessing the game thinks it’s part of map completion.

Posted by: natsos.3692

natsos.3692

same problem

The Dev said the PvP pois don’t count, but there are 3 hearts just when you enter heart of the mists(and 3 pois also).

Natsos, Necromancer
Officer of Spartians GR[SPGR]
Gandara EU

Posted by: Hoots.9564

Hoots.9564

Just finished 100% (all hearts, PoIs, skill challenges, vistas for world, cities and all WvWvW maps). Last point was a vista in WvWvW. I do not have all of the smaller explorer achievements like Krytan explorer (as I understand they are not required).

What worked:

• Got title “Been there, done that”
  • Achievements show 100% world completion
  • Character select screen shows 100% medal
  • Received standard map completion chest

What did not work:

• No gifts of exploration
  • No ingame e-mail (not even for map completion!)
  • No star above my character according to other players

Me sad panda!

Same for me, Please fix it Anet for the rest of us still waiting on our rewards

[TW]Tempest Wolves

Posted by: kamiyu.9501

kamiyu.9501

i found the solution finally how to fix that stupid bug….

Posted by: Kozuka.5721

Kozuka.5721

do tell. cz ive tried pretty much everything and yet nothing’s working

bilwit.9752

Someone suggested getting all the explorers too. Got it and still nothing.

Attachments:

EasyModeAj.3169

same problem

The Dev said the PvP pois don’t count, but there are 3 hearts just when you enter heart of the mists(and 3 pois also).

yep i have done all of the tutorials still have 3 poi’s missing and 3x heart

Posted by: dMb.6150

dMb.6150

Just got 100% everything is a 100% done, got a reg chest with 3 trans stones and 24.5k xp no in game mail or gifts of exploration… WHERE MY GIFTS AT?

Posted by: Siyukan.1238

Siyukan.1238

No one reading what i put? I had the same issues as what people are saying, Go to Bloodtide Coast and enter chantry of secrets, once i done this i got the chest for 100%, there is a POI in there and i’m guessing the game thinks it’s part of map completion. This worked for me and i believe other people so if you have not tried this, do it.

EasyModeAj.3169

No one reading what i put? I had the same issues as what people are saying, Go to Bloodtide Coast and enter chantry of secrets, once i done this i got the chest for 100%, there is a POI in there and i’m guessing the game thinks it’s part of map completion. This worked for me and i believe other people so if you have not tried this, do it.

i went inside the chantry and a chest popped up in the corner of my screen and dissapeard straight away i already had the chantry waypoint from doing storymode though i joined the whispers anyway

EasyModeAj.3169

mods please take a look at this

Posted by: juicedsid.4130

juicedsid.4130

still bugged for me, i have 100% on everything, and have the title, but no rewards whatsoever

Posted by: Eruyt.7692

Eruyt.7692

Just finished 100% (all hearts, PoIs, skill challenges, vistas for world, cities and all WvWvW maps). Last point was a vista in WvWvW. I do not have all of the smaller explorer achievements like Krytan explorer (as I understand they are not required).
What worked:
What did not work:
•No gifts of exploration
______

In the exact same situation as above, except I did get the ingame e-mail for the zone I finished (the Straits of Devastation). For context, I was doing the “Temple of the Forgotten God” quest in my friend’s instance, and when I left (after having gotten my last POI – “Caer Aval”) I ended up in the situation described above.

UPDATE: Resolved! This is going to sound improbable, but it’s true. Even though I had already explored the Chantry of Secrets I went back there anyway and upon zoning in I received the rest of the 100% completion rewards! Try and see if it works for you as well.

(edited by Eruyt.7692)

Posted by: Sodis.2419

Sodis.2419

What worked:
What did not work:
•No gifts of exploration
______

In the exact same situation as above, except I did get the ingame e-mail for the zone I finished (the Straits of Devastation). For context, I was doing the “Temple of the Forgotten God” quest in my friend’s instance, and when I left (after having gotten my last POI – “Caer Aval”) I ended up in the situation described above.

UPDATE: Resolved! This is going to sound improbable, but it’s true. Even though I had already explored the Chantry of Secrets I went back there anyway and upon zoning in I received the rest of the 100% completion rewards! Try and see if it works for you as well.

Didn’t help for me. Still no mail and no Gifts.

Posted by: Bellatrix.5402

Bellatrix.5402

Just got 100% completion today after getting the last bugged SP after server reset: got zone chest, nothing for the 100% completion (besides the achievement and title of course). Feeling the need to submit a ticket.

EasyModeAj.3169

no point in submitting tickets
ive made like 3 now and i havent got any replies i think the support staff are either trolling me or too busy to respond either way i dont think i want to play this game anymore till they can get their support staff doing something useful like reading theese threads instead of ignoring them

6 pages of people having issues not 1 mod has left a reply like pm me ill fix it or forward you to someone who can.

So kitten useless

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

hmm that’s so weird. the few times i’ve sent tickets, i’ve gotten responses right away. or relatively fast within 24-48 hrs (workign days).

speculation here – all things tied to legendaries are bugged? i don’t want to believe this. but seeing another post just made me think. ha, not to fuel the fire though…

either way, hope this gets resolved soon! and that if people truly got this achievement / title then they ought to get the corresponding rewards. 100% map completion is no easy task – least a lot of time and effort has to be put into the game.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Bellatrix.5402

Bellatrix.5402

Finally got response for my support ticket. This is what the GM had to say:

“The bug you asked us about should have been fixed by now.”

Thanks a lot, jerks.

Did the GM at least compensate you? If not then that’s just downright cruel.

Anyway, I filed a ticket just in case, though I didn’t screen shot it at the time (before I thought it was fixed myself, but I hadn’t checked the forums in a while). I did remember what skill point I last did though (the infamously dead frog that I managed to snag alive right after the last patch – http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defeat_Utcua).

Posted by: aRTy.8951

aRTy.8951

Did you, Bellatrix, visit the Chantry of Secrets again? If not, try it.

Posted by: dMb.6150

dMb.6150

Chantry Worked, get into the instanced area of the chantry. not the open map

bilwit.9752

Finally got response for my support ticket. This is what the GM had to say:

“The bug you asked us about should have been fixed by now.”

Thanks a lot, jerks.

Did the GM at least compensate you? If not then that’s just downright cruel.

No compensation or anything. I left a very frustrated and angry reply though.

Posted by: STAR.1593

STAR.1593

same problem(((
No Rewards (2 Gifts of Exploration) >_<
Anet plz help me!

bilwit.9752

Got another ticket response:

“The fix that was implemented for this issue was unable to retroactively correct the reward distribution for this achievement. At this time the instructions that were previously provided are the only available workaround.”

And the instructions provided were to go to to the Chantry of Secrets and make sure I have the POI which I already made clear I’ve already done multiple times.. This is beyond ridiculous. 100% map completion is kind of a big deal in terms of the game time invested and their response is essentially “well we can’t fix it, sucks dude.” This is the worst customer support from an MMO I’ve ever been a part of.

(edited by bilwit.9752)

Posted by: Judes.4907

Judes.4907

About 30 minutes ago I completed the world map (yay me!)
I did this in EB, got the EB map completion reward, but not the world map one.
Sent a ticket but not sure if I did that right so here is the # 121011-000980
My Son got his just the other day (Yay Son!) and got his reward, so it must be a new issue.
Can you help???

aRTy.8951

(Re-)enter the Chantry of Secrets.

Posted by: Dafomen.7892

Dafomen.7892

I got the same bug. Did all maps, cities and borderlands, checked chantry and double checked everything, but my world completion is stuck at 98%

created a ticket, first response was copy&paste workaround we all know about now:

“The bug you asked us about should have been fixed by now. In order to resolve your issue, please try the following:
1. Log into the game with the character that has the 100% world completion.
2. Go to Bloodtide Coast via Lion’s Arch and enter the Chantry of Secrets.
3. Make sure that you have claimed the “Sanctum of Secrets” Point of Interest within this map instance.

If your issue is still not resolved after completing these steps, then your problem might be caused by certain skill challenges. Some of the skill challenges require you to consume an item. If this item has been consumed in a zone other than the one in which the skill challenge is located, you will not receive the rewards for 100% world completion. If that is the case, I suggest that you revisit every map in the game and that should resolve your issue and grant you your items.

If you continue to have problems, please respond to this ticket and we will look into this issue further."

Ok thats what I did and provided a few more details, such as:

Tasks 301/301
Waypoints 498/507
Points of Interest 695/717
Skill Challenges 202/202
Vistas 260/266
(World Completion 98%)

And the answer to this one was:

I’m sorry to hear our suggestion did not solve the issue, we are still investigating this issue and we will hopefully a solution soon to address this issue. I am sorry for the inconvenience this causes and we are doing our best to solve it. Please let us know if you have any more questions or concerns.

So they are still investigating, but it should have been fixed by now?
And this is how they “look into this issue further”?

And this is the solution for a major game problem? I mean the world completion achievement is on the top of the character selection screen, its required for legendaries and its a main gameplay feature as we can see everytime we open our map.

After all these years enjoying GW1 I now slowly begin to have doubts the GW2 team is as competent in terms of bug-fixing priorities.

My motivation to play the game went from 200% down to 10%, adding all the other bugs like broken DEs, Skillpoints or Traits but this is just a major faux-pas.

World completion is intended as one of THE carrots in GW2 by the designers and after having spend all those hours in completing, this is my/our “reward” now?

And I thought SWTOR had bad support…

This won’t end well…

aRTy.8951

If you are lacking that many waypoints, POIs and Vistas (but not the other two types), please check again whether you really completed the 6 big cities (5 racial capitals and lions arch).

Posted by: Dafomen.7892

Dafomen.7892

Hey aRTy, thanks for trying to help

Now I did re-visit all cities verifying i got 100%.
As I was running around Hoealbrak scratching my head and jumping of a cliff and died, logged out of frustration, relogged after a while and my map completion jumped up to 99%.
No idea if this is somehow correlated to the deathjump and relog and/or simply by re-visiting the cities.
Mhhh….now the only two things I am missing are 1 POI and 1 Vista.
Ofc i went to the famous chantry again but that didnt help…would’ve been to easy i guess.
I checked all 4 WvW maps…all fine here.
Now I am about to triple check all explorables…maybe this will “trigger” something again.
Well, at least some sort of progress

This won’t end well…

Posted by: Marco.8209

Marco.8209

I got my 100% and the title “Been there. Done that.” but i didn’t get my reward for 100%?
How to fix it/can it be fixed ?

Attachments:

Irelia The Frozen || Warrior
Far Shiverpeaks [AOD] ~ [DKB]
http://www.twitch.tv/marcovd226