100% world completion bug?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Tailog.7906

Tailog.7906

I have 100% on every individual map including the WvW maps yet the list on the top left of my screen in the map says i still need 4 vistas and 11 Point of Interests and im stuck at 99% world completions. I revisited every map and all had 100 % so i dont understand whats going on.

Posted by: Pontus.8104

Pontus.8104

I have the entire map and the title ‘’Been there done that’’ 100% world completion but i got no reward or the star that’s supposed to indicate that you have the entire map.

Posted by: iboeng.6847

iboeng.6847

in the dungeons

iboeng.6847

Tailog, try the dungeons, all paths in explorer mode. I have the sameas you.

I have the full map completion in PVE, WvW (4 locations)

But I still have 2 view points and 13 POI short in the map menu on top left.

Now trying to figure out where are the POIs and view points

iboeng.6847

I have two halfs of the jumping puzzle in WvW but the valve door do not open. Is there a bug.

I tried logging out and in again but still the same

Posted by: DJRiful.3749

DJRiful.3749

So is it safe to get world completion at the moment? Or should I wait?

Stormïe ~ Tarnished Coast | My little monster <3 – http://valid.canardpc.com/6nbdeq

Posted by: Opacus.4390

Opacus.4390

97% Overall map completion. All areas on world map are completed (received all chests of areas) I know that i need to finnish some Vista (4) and 5 (poi) in wvw map to complete it.

Now my problem.
If complete that in WvW is still need 6 Hearts, 5 Skill, 7 Vista’s, 17 Poi’s
I checked http://gw2cartographers.com/ and there it is complete the same what i have done already. (Looks like I miss an area > but Worldmap is complete)

Does anybody have any idea what i am missing??

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Just as an FYI — the dev team has noticed your concerns about this and they have come up with a way to make world completion clearer for players. They’re planning a modest change to the map that will make it easier for you to see what you’ve done via the World Map. This change will roll out in a build in the near future.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Tarkaroshe.8370

Tarkaroshe.8370

Well done Anet. That will at least make the system more intuitive in trying to track down those illusive few POI’s, Vistas and Skill points we may have missed.

Posted by: Ghetto Guardian.9520

Ghetto Guardian.9520

Just got a suggestion on this: Have you gone to the Chantry of Secrets since you achieved 100%? I’m told by the team that this can make things “click over” and give the 100% completion recognitions.

Could you try that and post if it works?

Thanks.

Just got 100% today, but i didn’t receive any gifts.
I did this and it worked for me. Even though i already had that point of interest. Thank you very much

YaKSlapper[YaK]
-Gandara
Tell Me I Can’t And I’ll Show You I Can

Posted by: Bourdain.1624

Bourdain.1624

I have tried everythng even the Chnatry of Secrets and I’ve got nothing. When I got 100
% I got an empty reward chest with only XP in it and the Acheivement yet I don’t have the Title, or the symbol by my name or the item required for legendary. It says 100% when I open my Map an on the Character select screen. Nothing is missing from the list on the world map. I have done all the dungeons….. any other tricks anyone has tried out?

Posted by: Quise.5628

Quise.5628

When are you going to do something with “missing one poi/vista/waypoint syndrome”??

iboeng.6847

i just completed my 100% map yesterday. I got the star icon and the chest appearing on top of the small map.

For a world completion, i only get 5 BASIC transmutation, not even a fine transmutation. THATS ALL I GOT FOR A WHOLE COMPLETION? comeon Anet, dun we deserve to get something better?

When i go to the chancery chamber, nothing happen. wasted my coins to go there as I have gotten the 2 tokens for the lengendary when I touched the last POI

Posted by: EasyModeAj.3169

EasyModeAj.3169

i just completed my 100% map yesterday. I got the star icon and the chest appearing on top of the small map.

For a world completion, i only get 5 BASIC transmutation, not even a fine transmutation. THATS ALL I GOT FOR A WHOLE COMPLETION? comeon Anet, dun we deserve to get something better?

When i go to the chancery chamber, nothing happen. wasted my coins to go there as I have gotten the 2 tokens for the lengendary when I touched the last POI

First off it depends on what zone you completed for the 100% if u did a noob area zone the rewards are low vs getting your 100% in orr where your atleast going to get some exotic pieces.

Secondly you get 2 gifts of exploration which you then put some work into turning them into legendary items.

100% apart from the achievement is a build up to getting yourself a legendary weapon.

Posted by: EasyModeAj.3169

EasyModeAj.3169

Just an update i loged in today and i got the 100% it just poped before i loaded in so whatever the dev team did to fix it thanks

Posted by: Morelia.6835

Morelia.6835

Any updates for those of us that had no luck with the Chantry of Secrets?

Tailog.7906

Any update on the vista and point of views overall list not matching the individual map completion?

Posted by: Maiden.8564

Maiden.8564

Sadly, I’m in a similar position and I have no idea how to progress. Im at 98% overall map completion. According to the map the things I’m missing are 500/507 Wps, 701/717 POI’s, and 261/266 vistas. I have completed and received every zone completion reward, including WvW. Its very frustrating considering that its clearly just not working correctly.

Posted by: Hotsparks.5348

Hotsparks.5348

I have 100% on every individual map including the WvW maps yet the list on the top left of my screen in the map says i still need 4 vistas and 11 Point of Interests and im stuck at 99% world completions. I revisited every map and all had 100 % so i dont understand whats going on.

Also had this issue. Was missing 11 POI and 4 Vistas. then i checked The Grove map and there it was.

Tailog.7906

Also had this issue. Was missing 11 POI and 4 Vistas. then i checked The Grove map and there it was.

Thanks that fixed mine also… weird since i left the cities for last and im pretty sure i completed it since i had all the waypoints done. But thanks a bunch!

Posted by: AppleJuice.1508

AppleJuice.1508

Ok, I saw this thread way back when it was posted, and I was almost completed with the world. I completed the world about a month ago, and didn’t have any trouble with getting the 100% credit. It says I have 100%, and I got the title. What I don’t have is the star, the 2 token things, and any of the random gear reward. I sent in an in game bug report, at the time. Nothing happened. I sent in another report last week, still no response. I figured I’d post here to see if something can be done.

Posted by: dukes.9637

dukes.9637

finished it today and i got nada just the basic rewards and thats it. I really need my world competeion things for my legendary so please get my rewards to me soon please.

Posted by: Hoots.9564

Hoots.9564

would be nice if anet could make a post acknowledging that its still broken for people, i’ve been waiting for a fix for my world completion since opening month of gw2, just something stating they are working on it or know of it would be appreciated!

[TW]Tempest Wolves

(edited by Hoots.9564)

Posted by: BasiK.4063

BasiK.4063

Got the ‘been there, done that’ title and the 100% explored mark yesterday. Did not get anything.
Went to chantry again. Did not get anything.
Completed the relevant explorer titles today. Did not get anything.
Went back to chantry. Did not get anything.

Any remarks from the devs?
Note however, I did not fully uncover Southsun Cove, but I doubt that has anything to do with it?

Posted by: Diggnthis.4026

Diggnthis.4026

I did my 100% map completion last night at around 8:00pm PST. All WvW, Chanatry of Secrets, everything. I got my 100% also chest popped up and gave me 5 Transmutation stones and that was all. I did not get any Gifts of Exploration, AAAHhhh!!! So now what???

Posted by: Ishmel.1308

Ishmel.1308

I’ve noticed that the world completion data for my main character seemed off so yesterday I went through every zone needed for 100% completion. In my case the missing Vistas/POI’s/Waypoints matches Rata Sum (which incidentally was the first zone I ever 100% mapped). When I get home from work tonight I’ll pay the map a visit to see if it auto-updates into a 100% world completion.

Edit:
Turns out i had only partially explored Hoelbrak, which accounted for the “missing” WP’s/POI’s/Vistas. I blame old age. Now get off my lawn!

(edited by Ishmel.1308)

Posted by: Ascendi.6810

Ascendi.6810

I’ve found that world completion remains bugged. I have cleared every zone completely and manually gone to each zone to verify full completion at each load screen. W3 is also complete as well and manually verified. The charachter select screen lists me as being 100% complete but in game I am getting a total of 99% and it says I am missing one point of interest though I have varified that I am not. I’ve noticed that the island of sorrowful sound in bloodtide coast has a missing poi for me but it does not seem to count towards the total number of poi’s in bloodtide as when I go to the zone it lists my map as complete. This is a terribly frustrating bug….

Posted by: Ryuga.4257

Ryuga.4257

I have just done my 100% map completion in 30min ago but no Gift of Exploration were recieved, is that part still bugged? Then how can other people make their Legendary?

Please help look into this problem

Posted by: Ryuga.4257

Ryuga.4257

I have issued a ticket and Anet had reply and ask me to try visit the Chantry of Secrets first, recieved the achievement and gift as soon as I zone in, although I had that POI done, so you guys can have a try.

Posted by: dimaus.4065

dimaus.4065

I have completed world map and received the title ‘’Been there done that’’ 100% world completion but i got no reward or the star that’s supposed to indicate that you have the entire map. Also I reenter Chantry of secrets and didn get reward too. What’s wrong?

Attachments:

Diggnthis.4026

Still no fix yet???

Posted by: Kangee.7890

Kangee.7890

I’ve got 100% completion and the acheivement for it, but didn’t get the gifts of exploration.

Posted by: ARossetter.4761

ARossetter.4761

I posted a new topic on this today (Sorry ANet!), and after visiting all zones again (ending at Chantr of Secrets), I did get my star.

New question: That star is supposed to appear for all characters on your account, right? I noticed that my other character still isn’t showing it, though he can boast that he’s, “Been there, done that”. Can someone clarify that this character should show the star as well, or is it just the completing character?

- Andy

Posted by: Skugge.5794

Skugge.5794

as i already said in https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/World-Completiion/first#post849200 same problem here:

i just got my last poi by visiting the chantry of secrets. i got the reward for the chantry of secrets map, and the achievement+title “been there. done that.”

but i did not get the gifts of exploration or anything else. as far as i understand, i should have the star now, my char overview tells me i got that 100%. but somehow the rewars was not triggered. i hope it hast not been overwritten by the chantry of secrets -map reward (empty chest).

current status:
301/301 hearts
507/507 waypoints
719/719 poi
202/202 skill challenges
266/266 vistas

dont know what to do now

Morelia.6835

I posted a new topic on this today (Sorry ANet!), and after visiting all zones again (ending at Chantr of Secrets), I did get my star.

New question: That star is supposed to appear for all characters on your account, right? I noticed that my other character still isn’t showing it, though he can boast that he’s, “Been there, done that”. Can someone clarify that this character should show the star as well, or is it just the completing character?

- Andy

The star shows up per character.

Posted by: BasiK.4063

BasiK.4063

So I planned to do the same, I started revisitting all maps and after about 10 to 15 maps I entered Black Citadel and the reward popped-up (and yes, I am sure Black Citadel was already completed).

Posted by: vipeout.2485

vipeout.2485

Got 100% map on both star on logging screen and the text on the left side. My last thing to finish was POI in Chantry of Secrets. I got the title, nobody can see the star tho, nor I got any gifts. Tried teleporting to random maps but it didn’t help. Maybe we need now to explore the new island to unlock it? Have anyone tried?

EDIT: +1 to the guy above. Teleported to Black Citadel, had it done already also. Thanks Basik – people try it might work for you too.

Piken Square | Xiana [XT]

(edited by vipeout.2485)

Morelia.6835

Thanks guys, that worked for me as well.

Diggnthis.4026

For awhile now I have had my 100% map comp. but never got my gifts or star over my head. So I went to a waypoint in Black Citadel, that I already opened, and BANG I got my gifts and Star over my head,,,,,,

Posted by: Apocalypse.5239

Apocalypse.5239

one is at 99% but in game is at 98% i’ve try to find the stuff i miss in the zone’s i’m lost and about to give up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwQdM-J1TM4
Only if you want to watch.
lvl 80 Charr Warrior part of Twin.

Posted by: maker.8032

maker.8032

Hey guys, I’ve completed discovering my maps, got the title “Been there, done that” and… that’s it. No star and no gift, so, I thought I need to done my “explorer” achievements, so I finished it today – still, no gift, I don’t know ‘bout the star. I went to Black Citadel and every map I’ve been, still nothing (also, I’m sure I got rewards for them)
Any ideas?

Posted by: maker.8032

maker.8032

Ok, no problem there, Chantry of Secret was the problem:)

Posted by: nostrudel.4870

nostrudel.4870

Just last week I was stuck at 98%, and the only thing I needed to get 100% world complete was 2 vistas in one borderland. Today I finally got them, but no achievement… and when I went to my map suddenly it says I have 10 vistas, 16 poi and 3 sp missing! But when I go to each map, every one is 100% complete! All wps, all sps, all vistas, all poi discovered, all maps 100% complete. How can every map be 100% complete, but I have 10 vistas, 16 poi and 3 sp missing? Is there a bug?

Posted by: Arimahn.3568

Arimahn.3568

Just now finished world completion. Got the star and the achievement but no chest.

Posted by: Enemy.3760

Enemy.3760

Hey guys, I have got a problem. I recently explored every map in the game, but I still miss 2 waypoints. I really do not know where they are. Can someone help me please? I have got 509/511 waypoints.

(edited by Enemy.3760)

Posted by: Frohawk.2158

Frohawk.2158

Whoa way to necro a thread, if you look at your map and hover your mouse over the location…let’s say bloodtide coast a popup will show you a list of the number of WP’s, POI’s and vistas in each area.

Posted by: Kashrlyyk.5364

Kashrlyyk.5364

To further confuse things I was 164/165 in Maguuma after the patch. I found I was missing The Serpentwind area and quickly went to discover it. I’m still 164/165.

I think I’m just gonna give up worrying about it for now and assure it’s got layers of bugs that need sorting through.

That is still not fixed. Nine month later. I am stuck at 175/176 in the “Ascalon Explorer” and then I discovered “Lamia Mire”, “Highden Caves” and “Flameroot Caverns”. Even though I have 100% map completion.

So did the game tell me I discovered something I already had discovered? Or is the counter broken?

Edit: It the first one. I already had all three areas discovered and yet it was displayed as not discovered. I found the last one.

(edited by Kashrlyyk.5364)