Did you break custom music playlists again?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Draco.2806

Draco.2806

Because mine aren’t working.

Also, local.dat now resides in “\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Guild Wars 2” for some reason, which resets all your custom settings on update.

Posted by: Howell Qagan.9752

Howell Qagan.9752

This is so lame… just started using it again today and it’s broken already. Tried placing the music folder there but it’s a no-go.

Draco.2806

Honestly I have no drive to play without my collection of Two Steps from Hell playing in the background. So, GG.

My guess is, it’s something to do with default system directories. GW2 should write to either it’s own folder or My Documents/Guild Wars 2, and that’s the same place it’ll read custom playlists from.

You DO NOT just CHANGE these things. Come on! This wipes all user settings!

Howell Qagan.9752

As it was working before… Can’t see why make this change and why not even mention it in the update notes or somewhere else.

Howell Qagan.9752

Bumpeh bunneh. Anyone, any answers on how this change could have happened without telling players? Was it even planned?

Draco.2806

Bump.

Still a pretty big internal filesystem issue.

Posted by: Trilla.4109

Trilla.4109

Honestly I have no drive to play without my collection of Two Steps from Hell playing in the background. So, GG.

My guess is, it’s something to do with default system directories. GW2 should write to either it’s own folder or My Documents/Guild Wars 2, and that’s the same place it’ll read custom playlists from.

You DO NOT just CHANGE these things. Come on! This wipes all user settings!

Uh, you do know you can play music with another program in the background right? Anyways yeah you’d think for such a well polished game these guys would get something right like the settings not resetting every patch.

Draco.2806

Uh, you do know you can play music with another program in the background right?

Custom Playlists, until now, have supported switching out different music files based on whether you’re in or out of combat, whether it’s day or night, whether you’re in a boss fight or at the crafting screen. Winamp doesn’t do that.

But, uh, yeah. Switching game-critical paths seems like a rather terrible mistake. Brings to mind that one time EVE Online devs managed to wipe out their player’s boot sector with a small typo in in the update program…

Howell Qagan.9752

Uh, you do know you can play music with another program in the background right?

Custom Playlists, until now, have supported switching out different music files based on whether you’re in or out of combat, whether it’s day or night, whether you’re in a boss fight or at the crafting screen. Winamp doesn’t do that.

But, uh, yeah. Switching game-critical paths seems like a rather terrible mistake. Brings to mind that one time EVE Online devs managed to wipe out their player’s boot sector with a small typo in in the update program…

Yep that’s why I preferred it over just playing music in the background.

Howell Qagan.9752

Because mine aren’t working.

Also, local.dat now resides in “\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Guild Wars 2” for some reason, which resets all your custom settings on update.

Alright, just drop your Music folder in Documents/Guild Wars 2 where your screenshots will be from now on.

Draco.2806

Yep, you’re right.

Gah. Now just to re-generate every single playlist…

Howell Qagan.9752

Yep, you’re right.

Gah. Now just to re-generate every single playlist…

I made them with iTunes and they have the full path so I just had to throw them over there. Works out for me.