Dragon Ball health regen food [Merged Threads]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: DistantStatic.6098

DistantStatic.6098

This exploit is known and we are working on a fix now!
:D

Please hand out bans. This is literally game breaking. It’s like activating god mode.

lvl80 Guardian lvl80 Ranger lvl80 Elementalist lvl80 Thief …. Why do I list these anymore?
Toyota Car Dealers [TCD]

Posted by: natsos.3692

natsos.3692

^Bans? Game breaking? This is just a mini game! It is going to be fixed in an hour or so, it is not game breaking, don’t be so harsh with people! Moa abusers are the ones that should get banned, they make huge money out of it right as we speak,they control the races and proffit from it !

Natsos, Necromancer
Officer of Spartians GR[SPGR]
Gandara EU

Posted by: Raiden.5621

Raiden.5621

tested it, joined a match that was almost over (like 1 minute left) – whoever wants to use it to get rich – forget it – farming Holographic Minions is so much more effective (~1 coffer per Hologram instead of 1 per win [which takes considerably longer])

It’s definitely annoying but not ruining the economy (remember Wintersday?) – I guess a hotfix should be fine and a ban would only be justified if the person used it more than once

Akahri [VnT]

Posted by: Izuna.5307

Izuna.5307

lollol ban not likely idk who thought of it but man these guys think outside the box

Posted by: Walewyn.2875

Walewyn.2875

I whispered all of them to remove the buff. None did. I hope that we can take away their achievement points and make them start at zero again.

“Stirrings.” “Stirrings?” “Stirrings.”

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

You shouldn’t ban anyone for something because it was overlooked.

Sure they should! It’s the same as the snowflakes. If there is a bug and you use it for your own gain, that is exploiting the game. Exploiters are normally banned, so should these.

That was different because it effected the economy.

And this affects players who play the game as it should be played. We are forced out of dragonball because they need to exploit.

Dragonball exploiting (not really an exploit, your just allowed to use food.) does not ruin the economy, there is a huge difference.

An exploit is an exploit, the economy has nothing to do with it.
The players who used an exploit to get the drunkard title where banned. That had no effect on any other player, economy or anything else. All they did was get a title and achievement points. How is this any different then that?

Posted by: ozaythefirst.1806

ozaythefirst.1806

So are these people using it gonna get a ban? it is a obvisus exploit

Posted by: rsegames.3916

rsegames.3916

We need bans, 2 week bans to be more precise, remove the cheaters all together…

Too bad i doubt this will happen, nowadays Anet dont have the guts to do what is right.

Posted by: Naughty.4102

Naughty.4102

is this bannable?

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

I would stop posting pictures with peoples names, calling out players on the forum isn’t very smart – Regardless, another product that wasn’t tested before hand, e-h.

Posted by: Sourde Noire.5286

Sourde Noire.5286

An exploit is an exploit. And in this case you can’t say people did it unintentionally.

Though it sounds that the moa racing bug is even more severe, because you can bet gold and then manipulate the races in your favour.

Just thinking back to what was said when the people were banned for the Karma exploit.

“Today we banned a number of players for exploiting Guild Wars 2. We take our community and the integrity of the game very seriously, and want to be clear that intentionally exploiting the game is unacceptable. The players we banned were certainly intentionally and repeatedly exploiting a bug in the game. We intended to send a very clear message that exploiting the game in this way will not be tolerated, and we believe this message now has been well understood.”

Just saying.

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone,

We would like to remind you not to post screenshots or player names who are making use of foof buffs in Dragon Ball.

As always, please use the in game report tool to report said players.
Thanks

Posted by: Not Mozart.3574

Not Mozart.3574

How would you like for us to report this? Nothing really seems appropriate.

Posted by: Howell Qagan.9752

Howell Qagan.9752

Yeah report them for … Oh wait, nothing! Cause there is no “Exploit” option.

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

For this? They shouldn’t because this is on Anet’s fault. However it does suck the player will continue using this exploit until it gets fix. Banning them for something like this is ludicrous. They are just having fun overall even though it sucks on the other end.

Pineapples

Posted by: Andrew.4506

Andrew.4506

Hi everyone,

We would like to remind you not to post screenshots or player names who are making use of foof buffs in Dragon Ball.

Thanks

What option should we be choosing. None of them seem to fit. The only way I’ve found to report is to press Escape->click support->report bug->then use the “take screenshot” button while targetting them and there still isn’t an appropriate category to choose. I’ve just started taking screenshots of their name and account and posting them to https://en.support.guildwars2.com/app/ask/ and attaching the screenshot under violation report.

I really hope exploiters are punished.

Posted by: gormathon.4239

gormathon.4239

found out the same thing food still works in the mini games so please fix it. don’t like unfair gameplay

Posted by: Kuruptz.4782

Kuruptz.4782

For this? They shouldn’t because this is on Anet’s fault. However it does suck the player will continue using this exploit until it gets fix. Banning them for something like this is ludicrous. They are just having fun overall even though it sucks on the other end.

tthey shouldnt becuse it was anets fault however then all the snow thing from before unbann them also it was Anets fault also

Bann them all i say Then unbann them

Just to bann them again

Posted by: Stormy Malaise.9742

Stormy Malaise.9742

Everyone needs to pull their panties out of a bunch. Not everyone is glued to the forums and most people going into these games are completely unaware their food buffs are not dropping off on entry. So calling for bans and reporting people for exploiting at this point is absurd.

Posted by: Celeb.1963

Celeb.1963

I’m using ‘botting’ option, but really? how about place a ‘exploit’ option there? >.>;

i will probably get banned for report wrong thing instead of them get banned lol

Juldyz Quinn – Scout Mesmer
[LEV] Leviathan Corps
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: CCfen.2361

CCfen.2361

AN rly?! 2 hours of waiting and food is still usable on Dragon ball arena ?!

Posted by: Gary Bobby Ferguson.3980

Gary Bobby Ferguson.3980

Yeah, I can’t join a game without finding a cheater with the food buff.. Taking a break from dragon ball till this exploit is patched.

Posted by: Ronorra.1530

Ronorra.1530

I sincerely hope there will be consequences for all those exploiters… What should be a fun event (wich it is without those who have to resort to regen food) is being totally ruined at this moment and to be frank I am not pleased to say the least.

Posted by: dukefx.9730

dukefx.9730

Everyone needs to pull their panties out of a bunch. Not everyone is glued to the forums and most people going into these games are completely unaware their food buffs are not dropping off on entry. So calling for bans and reporting people for exploiting at this point is absurd.

Your argument would be valid if I saw at least 1 guy with something other than regen food! It usually goes like this: “hey, I found an exploit…” and people instantly start exploiting. No need to read forums. They are well aware that it’s a bug and still make use of it, therefore they are exploiters.

Posted by: Takayuki.7485

Takayuki.7485

+1 for please fix this ASAP and send the exploiters to timeout for a zillion years

Brutalistik.6473

tthey shouldnt becuse it was anets fault however then all the snow thing from before unbann them also it was Anets fault also

Bann them all i say Then unbann them

Just to bann them again

Why go through the trouble of banning these players knowing how Anet ban system works. Just don’t enter Dragon Ball until it is fix. This is Anet fault after all they didn’t test out every obstacle to check out exploits.

Edit:

Yeah, I can’t join a game without finding a cheater with the food buff.. Taking a break from dragon ball till this exploit is patched.

Solution right here unless the urge is to strong to resist another game in Dragon Ball.

Pineapples

(edited by Brutalistik.6473)

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

If these people get away with no repercussions I honestly think I might be done with Guild Wars 2. They know full well what they are doing here and they’re ruining the game for everybody else. Ban them for the duration of Dragon Bash and let justice be done.

Posted by: Azylir.9137

Azylir.9137

i learned of exploit from in game and after getting your team slaughtered because the opposing team had 3+ players using it, you decide, play this and get slaughtered, use it and learn how to kill them(yes its possible, 5 man spike using skill 1+2) or the middle red ball, or avoid it.

to the people looking for bans, lol really? A. there would be a huge wave of bans, and its a holiday event that in no way breaks the game, if they got loads of coffers from it maybe, but truthfully just removing all event items from inventory and resetting event achieve tracks would be more reasonable. B. this hardly breaks the game, almost every big patch theres an exploit and i almost never hear of bans unless it netted them stupid amounts of gold or weapon skins or something more rng based.

stop ragin, realize theyre trollin, kite and dont fight them

(edited by Azylir.9137)

Posted by: CCfen.2361

CCfen.2361

How about MOAs able to stunn ?….. that one also wont hit economy ?

Posted by: Illumine Sparkler.6019

Illumine Sparkler.6019

ive played 3 matches so far, first 2 I won and I stopped playing for a bit cause of a leecher on the team, then when decided to go back I had a regen buff, someone called me an exploiter so I left the arena and logged into here. would I get punished for this, my record is clean in gw2, and for the entire duration of gw1. I hit 7k achievement points today and don’t wanna risk losing anything cause I didn’t know what effect it would have.

Leader of GOLD (Guardians Of Lost Deities)
Whiteside Ridge server
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

Posted by: Shadowtech.5071

Shadowtech.5071

Yeah, with food buffs its like going Super Saiyan. Those exploiters are filing the whole game. They have to be stopped. Its sucking the fun of the game out for everyone!

Catastraseed – Guardian / Keytuura – Engineer
[GoA] Guardians of Äsgard
Maguuma

Posted by: Katsu.7569

Katsu.7569

Your argument would be valid if I saw at least 1 guy with something other than regen food! It usually goes like this: “hey, I found an exploit…” and people instantly start exploiting. No need to read forums. They are well aware that it’s a bug and still make use of it, therefore they are exploiters.

Thing is though, I always use the mango pie in PvE. I entered Bragon Ball after having a short break from it to do other PvE stuff, and then I instantly got a PM by someone who said I was reported. I had no idea what he was talking about until I realised I still had my food buff on. I left one minute after joining that game. The description of the game says “no skills” and whatnot are useable inside so I never thought about the health regen at all. So saying everyone should get banned is just harsh.

Posted by: CrazyDuck.4610

CrazyDuck.4610

I tested if this is still bugged and it’s still alive and working please fix.

YouWish – Guard
DragonBrand – [Agg] Aggression

Posted by: Raiza.6538

Raiza.6538

Fix this ASAP, I guess I’ll stop reporting the cheaters. Dragon Ball turned out to be a lot of fun but the second one person is in there with food, no matter what team, It ruins it for everyone. Someone posted about what Microsoft does, reset the achievements for those caught cheating and make it impossible for them to get it again.

Cadren – 80 Thief
Zaraia – 80 Mesmer ~Commander~
~Yak’s Bend – Perfect Dark [PD]~

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Why go through the trouble of banning these players knowing how Anet ban system works. Just don’t enter Dragon Ball until it is fix. This is Anet fault after all they didn’t test out every obstacle to check out exploits.

Simple. Because they were able to farm chests using an exploit and effectively shut the game down for everybody who wasn’t exploiting. To argue that they should suffer no consequences for this is just ridiculous.

ArenaNet needs to send out a loud and clear message here. Otherwise these things will only continue happening and honest players will start embracing it too as it’s the only way to get ahead.

natsos.3692

Lol @people saying “I tested this and it still works”
Of course it works! It has not been patched yet ! You did it for the lolz, like all of us

And come on, be serious, reseting the achievments is fair, banning people for “cheating” a mini game that will not even cause a significant impact on the game is pretty unfair.

Natsos, Necromancer
Gandara EU

Posted by: Ghosttalon.2416

Ghosttalon.2416

Lol @people saying “I tested this and it still works”
Of course it works! It has not been patched yet ! You did it for the lolz, like all of us

And come on, be serious, reseting the achievments is fair, banning people for “cheating” a mini game that will not even cause a significant impact on the game is pretty unfair.

It is impacting the game quite a lot. As far as to say that the game is almost impossible to win if you have one person on the enemy team that is using the regen bug. I’d like to see a temporary ban of at least a week because as others said before an exploit IS an exploit.

Posted by: Ronorra.1530

Ronorra.1530

Banning for exploiting an unintended mechanic and degrading/ruining other users their experience is not only fair, but the only solution.

Brutalistik.6473

If these people get away with no repercussions I honestly think I might be done with Guild Wars 2. They know full well what they are doing here and they’re ruining the game for everybody else. Ban them for the duration of Dragon Bash and let justice be done.

As long banning isn’t involved I can careless what punishment they will receive if they continue it.

For an example

Someone posted about what Microsoft does, reset the achievements for those caught cheating and make it impossible for them to get it again.

This right here for a punishment seems reasonable.

I’d like to see a temporary ban of at least a week because as others said before an exploit IS an exploit.

For something as small as this is not worth a week ban.

Pineapples

(edited by Brutalistik.6473)

Posted by: FangedTerror.3852

FangedTerror.3852

Its an exploit. Unfair advantage of a bug.

Do what i do, report and move on

(edited by FangedTerror.3852)

natsos.3692

Doh people, read the posts..

Hi everyone,

We would like to remind you not to post screenshots or player names who are making use of food buffs in Dragon Ball.

Thanks

No names on public, if you want to report, use in-game report.These are the rules.

Natsos, Necromancer
Gandara EU

Posted by: Corran.4957

Corran.4957

played a game or two against other abusers of this and funny just trying to keep them focused on you and not everyone else. But it boring, though 1 whiner that started pm me entertained me for a couple minutes. But meh.

Also all health related food gives a big benefit. Tried out a typical WvW food that good against the German zergs I faced for about the last 20matchups … life on kill … and you get put to full health after every kill using it.

Was going to see if any other foods give a strange benefit but couldnt be bothered as there no enjoyment there. Just done the simple thing, when a food person is in the game then just leave and enter another

Posted by: God Of Fissures.8627

God Of Fissures.8627

Bans should NOT be handed out because ArenaNet did not fully test their event before releasing it. Normal players have entered a Dragon Ball match with this food buff on them and it STAYED ON WHEN THEY ENTERED THE ARENA.

People are not at fault here, ArenaNet is.

i7-3770K (Delidded) @ 4.6GHz | nVidia GTX TITAN X@ 1468/7800
ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz @ 2400MHz
Samsung 840 PRO 512GB SSD | Windows 10 x64

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

pump breaks a little here with all the ban stuff. I havent stepped into the game but if I did I probably would have had my magic find food buff on and superior sharpening stones because I was farming holo mobs. Someone could come straight from fractals, wvw or whatever and into the game not knowing that they have the buff and that it is working.

If you have a food buff on and go into the mist to test on golems etc it shows you having the buff even though you don’t. I am not saying some of these people aren’t guilty of doing it on purpose but there is no way to tell if they are or are not. I would have made the mistake I am sure of it. I am not usually in LA long enough and almost always refresh my food buffs just out of habit. Its not like you can erase the buff unless you go by something useless eat it before you go in.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

Posted by: Zackur.8501

Zackur.8501

Definitely glad it’s getting fixed soon, Dragon Ball is a lot of fun.

I’ve still been playing it normally, though I tested it once and used a nourishment item for one match to see if it was still in and how it applied (Can’t use it in game, but before game) before I put in a bug report of my own. Tried encouraging other reports.

Hopefully, if there are penalties for that, ANet made sure to know the difference between a one time use for the sake of accurately reporting a bug, and someone exploiting to get their whole achievement. Or, as stated above, someone who already had buffs and unknowingly entered the arena. But that takes time and research.

Crying for mass bans is a little much. That time is better spent improving the game. Fixing the exploit improves the game, but banning everyone on a whim hurts it.

(edited by Zackur.8501)

Ghosttalon.2416

As long banning isn’t involved I can careless what punishment they will receive if they continue it.

For an example

Someone posted about what Microsoft does, reset the achievements for those caught cheating and make it impossible for them to get it again.

This right here for a punishment seems reasonable.

I’d like to see a temporary ban of at least a week because as others said before an exploit IS an exploit.

For something as small as this is not worth a week ban.

How isn’t it? As people stated before players were banned for exploiting the snowflake, why would this be any different? It stops people from having fun during such a major event and I play games for fun…

Ghosttalon.2416

Bans should NOT be handed out because ArenaNet did not fully test their event before releasing it. Normal players have entered a Dragon Ball match with this food buff on them and it STAYED ON WHEN THEY ENTERED THE ARENA.

Why didn’t these people leave the match as soon as they noticed that it was unbalancing the game so the buff wears off? A lot of people know that it’s affecting the game but they continue to do it and many people actually lie about it saying that they had it on before.

Posted by: God Of Fissures.8627

God Of Fissures.8627

Why didn’t these people leave the match as soon as they noticed that it was unbalancing the game so the buff wears off? A lot of people know that it’s affecting the game but they continue to do it and many people actually lie about it saying that they had it on before.

It is ArenaNet’s fault. Not the players’ fault for using game mechanics to their advantage.

i7-3770K (Delidded) @ 4.6GHz | nVidia GTX TITAN X@ 1468/7800
ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz @ 2400MHz
Samsung 840 PRO 512GB SSD | Windows 10 x64

Ghosttalon.2416

It is ArenaNet’s fault. Not the players’ fault for using game mechanics to their advantage.

Doesn’t mean that the players should not be banned for such behavior. Many are making a profit from it and others are getting gear that would take quite a long time to get and for me I’d say that that’s a huge exploit. One of my guild members had a regen buff before entering the dragon ball match and he noticed that it affected players, left and noted people. The way to fix an exploit is to alert people not use it to your advantage.

Posted by: Dregoon.7526

Dregoon.7526

Don’t you test these before you release them?