Female human only has 1 animation now

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: AllNightPlayer.1286

AllNightPlayer.1286

Maybe the developers look into this thread from time to time and think: “kitten, there are still people, who remember that we removed/broke some animations. Better wait, till they forget forever.” XD

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

So with the 3rd year anniversary how about we get as “birthday gift” our idle animations back?

Just throw that switch that turned it off into the “ON” position.

Posted by: GragorR.9768

GragorR.9768

Rest in peace Female human idle animations, they are gone but not forgotten.
They were part of the little things that made this world feel alive. May they find peace wherever they are.
#NeverForget

Seriously though, an update would be way overdue.

- BG -

Posted by: Nifaea.9216

Nifaea.9216

Any word on this being worked on? Would love to see the animations brought back before HoT!

Posted by: Light.3294

Light.3294

Hey Anet. It’s been a while with this. Since HoT is basically on the doorstep to being released, perhaps we can get a response from a community employee like Lauren or Gaile if there are any plans to re-implement these features back into the game. Like Gaile said earlier in this thread that the animations are still in the game but they have been disabled. It was really shady that this wasn’t mentioned in the patch notes at all when the animations were initially taken away. I noticed it right away since I’m keen on animation flow in the game. Don’t leave a bunch of your fan base hanging. Thanks

Posted by: Phantom Master.9582

Phantom Master.9582

Anet, will this be fixed for HoT?

R80 Mesmer- Inquisitor Amena
Eternity~!

Posted by: AlphaAndOmega.4256

AlphaAndOmega.4256

Guys this will probably be fixed after the release of HoT, once the devs aren’t frantically trying to stop the game crashing every time someone says “trinity”.

Posted by: Loli Ruri.8307

Loli Ruri.8307

Uh, twelve months later and still broken? Good game!
Although it would be nice if it was resolved in the release of the HoT fix, get it? XD
Also looking forward to HoT expansion. o3o

Intel Core i7 4790K @4.7 GHz, 32 GB 2133 MHz DDR3.
MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X 2xSLI 2025 / 11016 MHz, liquid cooling custom loop.
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB. HTC Vive.

Posted by: Bagnasty.1687

Bagnasty.1687

Once you have mastered being completely immobile while idle for a long period of time it will unlock the not-idle animations?

/s

LMAO!! I definitely need some “shards” in Immobile Mastery.

Semper Fi!
LtCol USMC Res. Ret.

Posted by: Blair.3796

Blair.3796

I miss the idle animations as well. My female humans just stand there now…

Posted by: Kityn.8247

Kityn.8247

12 months and this still is not fixed? I do not know what has happened to this Dev team but they have let slip tons of little annoying bugs into the game with no fixes.

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Still waiting.

Posted by: TNxPhil.7296

TNxPhil.7296

We won’t forget that issue, caus we really love our idle animations :>
Can you please give us a status update for this topic?

Tanks

“Traeherne is our hero. He should die defending Tyria”
~Thank you so much arenanet!!!!!!!
~Fatebreaker Imperator Mel Goddess of Tyria, ~

Posted by: Cronos.6532

Cronos.6532

Still want this fixed as well

Ethereal Guardians [EG]
etherealguardians.com

Posted by: John.8507

John.8507

Yes still want the animations back, they said it was a bug…so let’s get it fixed.

Posted by: Ganathar.4956

Ganathar.4956

This can’t be that hard to fix, right?

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

There is one thing i don’t quite understand here.
According to some, this is a very unimportant problem and developers should be focusing on more major things. On the other hand it was important enough to remove. This just does not compute.

If the issue was deemed important enough to remove content, then why is it not important enough to put it back? Especially since nobody ever watches those cinematics that caused the entire problem.

It does not make sense to remove content that would be around 99.99% of the time just because it bothered like three people in the remaining 0.01%.

Nifaea.9216

I think they removed all the female animations now. I just re-logged and now my characters won’t do the hair toss animation anymore.

Anyone else?

kolompi.1287

Did they really remove even that now?

Posted by: Mikah.4510

Mikah.4510

I got worried and checked myself, the hair flip animation is still there. But other than that, the only idle animation is looking side to side and occasionally shifting weight from one leg to the other. Really, that’s all we get now?

kolompi.1287

Part of the “living, breathing world” they are creating

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Anet at its best…..

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

Posted by: Athena.3579

Athena.3579

Hello developer peoples. I heard that you had some spare time on your hands (or you must have some spare time on your hands since you “fixed” this https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Really-ANet-Re-Quaggan-Rave); I was wondering if we could, like, maybe get around to taking another looksy at these missing idle animations for, like, actual player characters? Like, like, yeah, like.

May we ask these be the last idle animations you strike down so mercilessly? We know this request to be futile, ArenaNet, but just thought we would ask.

Posted by: Agent.3709

Agent.3709

Please bring these animations back. I miss them a lot!

Posted by: akaCryptic.2389

akaCryptic.2389

This community surprises me sometimes. One of the most commented bug posts to date is not on Icebow linecasting (thankfully fixed) or some other gamebreaking thing but rather on a missing idle animation for a specific race gender combo. Just wow…

Posted by: Ganathar.4956

Ganathar.4956

This community surprises me sometimes. One of the most commented bug posts to date is not on Icebow linecasting (thankfully fixed) or some other gamebreaking thing but rather on a missing idle animation for a specific race gender combo. Just wow…

Fashion wars is the true endgame, so this is not surprising at all.

GragorR.9768

Seriously Anet, please spare 5 mins and just re-enable the animation triggers. Badabing badaboom done.

Yesterday you said tommorow.

Attachments:

- BG -

(edited by GragorR.9768)

kolompi.1287

Fashion wars is the true endgame, so this is not surprising at all.

That’s because bugs will be fixed (may take up to 3 years sometimes) but nobody doubts they are bugs. But this was in the game and has been removed due to some idiots complaining. This is one of the reasons.

The other being that people don’t give a skritt about line casting or whatever but they tend to be somewhat attached to their characters that they spend time on. Ice bow linecasting, as broken as it was, did not really break the game for anyone.

Posted by: Nivessa.4258

Nivessa.4258

Adding in my Anet please give us an update/fix this. It’s been over a year now. :/ :\ :/ :\ :/ :\ :S :~(

Phantom Master.9582

Adding in my Anet please give us an update/fix this. It’s been over a year now. :/ :\ :/ :\ :/ :\ :S :~(

Betcha they’ll take another year to fix this kitten.

Eternity~!

Posted by: John.8507

John.8507

They should at least update us before HOT is released about if, when this will be fixed.

Posted by: AllNightPlayer.1286

AllNightPlayer.1286

With the last core patch, they will return. Then, if the add-on goes live, they are gone again. On purpose of course.

Posted by: Nivessa.4258

Nivessa.4258

This bug has been reported and is currently under investigation. Thanks for your reports, everybody.

So hello…… Anet? Anyone out there…….? Still waiting on a fix for our character animations. :<

Phantom Master.9582

#NeverForget

Here you go, for those who never saw them.

Attachments:

Eternity~!

GragorR.9768

Snip

Oh god, the nostalgia (°__°)
This topic isn’t going away btw, Anet

- BG -

Posted by: Jellal.6927

Jellal.6927

Wow. I quitted for a year and this so called “bug” never got fixed? I’m dissappointed

Phantom Master.9582

Wow. I quitted for a year and this so called “bug” never got fixed? I’m dissappointed

Yeah, they didn’t even add new ones to replace the old ones.

Eternity~!

Posted by: circuitnerd.5863

circuitnerd.5863

Wow I actually completely forgot about these animations. Yes I definitely liked them better than the brush hair every once in awhile thing. Honestly they should have both what we have and the old one.

Certified Gameaholic

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

In a pig’s eye, what I beleive happened is some players and parents complained for inappropriate content, and we ended up with only one true mini skirt and then the skirtpants were born, then more complaints and animations were removed.
What’s next Anet? The removal of gender because the word male and female offends some more people. If this keeps up this game is gonna be for 6 years old and up.
Pic 1; You remember this Anet the one and only true mini skirt without pants in game.
Is this normal for a game company to totally allow parents to tell them what to put in a game?

Pic 2: Next thing to go will be leaning froward.
Pic 3: Ontop of the old bank in L.A.. Good old time.

Attachments:

(edited by Hybarf Tics.2048)

Posted by: Fade.5904

Fade.5904

/signed

Posted by: kimeekat.2548

kimeekat.2548

In a pig’s eye, what I beleive happened is some players and parents complained for inappropriate content, and we ended up with only one true mini skirt and then the skirtpants were born, then more complaints and animations were removed.
What’s next Anet? The removal of gender because the word male and female offends some more people. If this keeps up this game is gonna be for 6 years old and up.
Pic 1; You remember this Anet the one and only true mini skirt without pants in game.
Is this normal for a game company to totally allow parents to tell them what to put in a game?

Pic 2: Next thing to go will be leaning froward.
Pic 3: Ontop of the old bank in L.A.. Good old time.

A month has passed without me seeing a comment blaming feminists or conservatives for the change, so I guess it’s time for my regular driveby comment on this topic: It has nothing to do with ~complaints about inappropriate content~.

Animations were removed because there were complaints on the forums that during Marjory’s sister’s death scene the human female would be yawning and stretching like it was boring. Their complaint was that it heavily distracted from the emotional impact of the scene.

Later, it appeared as though devs considered its removal a bug . But then Gaile Gray followed up 2 months later to confirm its removal due to cutscene immersion .

That said: Please bring it back.

Clove Zolan – Bringers of Aggro [Oops] – Blackgate

Posted by: BIGHARSHNESS.3510

BIGHARSHNESS.3510

Guys this will probably be fixed after the release of HoT, once the devs aren’t frantically trying to stop the game crashing every time someone says “trinity”.

I wish I had your optimism. We must never let this thread die until the animations we all want are restored. It’s clear that we are the majority over those that complained about them in the first place. The demand for these animation will not go away.

Posted by: Esper.8253

Esper.8253

So, new expansion launched… are our animations back yet? It’s been over a year since they were removed to make one cutscene that isn’t even in the game anymore more “impactful?”

Nifaea.9216

Needs more exposure on Reddit and other major channels, maybe even Youtube. They threw this in the bug section for a reason. Out of sight out of mind. Until this gains any momentum they will hardly take steps to remedy it.

Posted by: BIGHARSHNESS.3510

BIGHARSHNESS.3510

Now that you can move around during dialog in HoT, can we have these back? The small amount of those that complained about immersion breaking can now move around and make sure idle animations never happen during story.

GragorR.9768

Just casually bumping this thread, also I decided to make a Charr revenant instead to avoid having to look at the constant ‘’hair shuffle’’.

- BG -

Posted by: yama.2489

yama.2489

I, too, would love to see the animations added back in. It’s more immersion-breaking to me seeing the same idle animation repeated over and over again.

Creamy Mami / Mesmer / Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Astry.9476

Astry.9476

Shameless bump.

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

Anet can’t animate women is all. It’s too hard. Sounds like Ubisoft.
Women have too many animations! take it away! there to one animation, simple women animations good women good be happy and make a sandwich now with your one animation. simple women just the way we want you because women cant be complicated with +2 animations.
let’s go Anet, give them some diversity again- this isn’t 1950 trying to simplify women, bs.

But I actually agree with this – why take them all away and leave them with one mundane one? Just add new ones if you don’t like the old ones.

(edited by SnowHawk.3615)

Posted by: arenta.2953

arenta.2953

signed
/15charlimit

Jade Quarry’s Tomoko Takei, Anabuki Tomoko, and Assassin Ahri