HoT maps reset on me

HoT maps reset on me

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Garrith.7468

Garrith.7468

Thank you for the update, Bill. I was not looking forward to having to rediscover everything.

HoT maps reset on me

Posted by: LampGhost.9658

LampGhost.9658

Will that fix give me my legendary map rewards for the zones I have completed?

Black Lion Key [AIM]
~ Desolation

HoT maps reset on me

Posted by: CorvusofMorlich.8450

CorvusofMorlich.8450

Play normally, any additional progress you make won’t be lost. Any additional XP from rediscovering the same POIs and waypoints will also be retained once your characters are fixed.

The current plan is to repair all affected characters during work hours on Monday. I finished doing several tests and passes against the game databases to ensure we know who is affected and what they lost.

Those affected should be receiving an email in the next couple days with information on how this restore process will happen. For those that don’t want to wait for that email, the process is pretty simple:

We plan on temporarily blocking access to your game account. During this time we will perform the repairs and run some quick tests to ensure everything went smoothly. I don’t expect this process to take longer than an hour or so.

I’m also doing my best to ensure that those affected are compensated for the inconvenience this has caused. No promises on what that entails, as I have no control over that.

-Bill

Can I ask if anything is being done about the people who have achieved map completion but haven’t received any rewards? I have Verdant Brink, Auric Basin, Dry Top, Silverwastes and Southsun Cove completed but have received no rewards for anyt of them – will that be fixed in this update?

- Corvus

HoT maps reset on me

Posted by: Sckhar Shantallas.6194

Sckhar Shantallas.6194

Play normally, any additional progress you make won’t be lost. Any additional XP from rediscovering the same POIs and waypoints will also be retained once your characters are fixed.

The current plan is to repair all affected characters during work hours on Monday. I finished doing several tests and passes against the game databases to ensure we know who is affected and what they lost.

Those affected should be receiving an email in the next couple days with information on how this restore process will happen. For those that don’t want to wait for that email, the process is pretty simple:

We plan on temporarily blocking access to your game account. During this time we will perform the repairs and run some quick tests to ensure everything went smoothly. I don’t expect this process to take longer than an hour or so.

I’m also doing my best to ensure that those affected are compensated for the inconvenience this has caused. No promises on what that entails, as I have no control over that.

-Bill

OK, besides the FOG I didn’t get any REWARD.
What about the people who aren’t receiving any of the map completion items?
I had 100% in all maps without REWARD.
I invested a lot of time to get 100% on the new maps, but since November 4 I couldn’t play them due to recommendation from Susan Thayer. 2704 when the fog bug happened.
I really hope this problem will be fixed soon and that players who are days without enjoying the content of expansion are compensated.

HoT maps reset on me

Posted by: Mala.3861

Mala.3861

-Bill

Thank you so much for this information. As someone so eloquently put it above, this “know nothingness” was the worst!

HoT maps reset on me

Posted by: Voo.3421

Voo.3421

-Bill

Thank you!

HoT maps reset on me

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Yup, people has been waiting for an official acknowledged for the issue in https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Got-100-map-completion-on-VB-no-reward/ for days.

HoT maps reset on me

Posted by: BillFreist

Previous

BillFreist

Gameplay Programmer

Next

If I remember correctly, the missing rewards issue is being worked on separately as they aren’t the same issue. I don’t know much more but I’d imagine we will have some sort of update on the status of that on Monday.

If you are affected then I would imagine you would also get the retroactive fix too. I wouldn’t worry about not ever getting those rewards, there’s no way we’d let that happen – I’d personally see to that.

-Bill

HoT maps reset on me

Sckhar Shantallas.6194

If I remember correctly, the missing rewards issue is being worked on separately as they aren’t the same issue. I don’t know much more but I’d imagine we will have some sort of update on the status of that on Monday.

If you are affected then I would imagine you would also get the retroactive fix too. I wouldn’t worry about not ever getting those rewards, there’s no way we’d let that happen – I’d personally see to that.

-Bill

Thank you very much, Bill.

HoT maps reset on me

Posted by: Klaugh.7415

Klaugh.7415

Here’s to hoping our maps get fixed.

HoT maps reset on me

Posted by: Falco.9250

Falco.9250

-Bill

I’m so glad to hear that!

HoT maps reset on me

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

If you are affected then I would imagine you would also get the retroactive fix too. I wouldn’t worry about not ever getting those rewards, there’s no way we’d let that happen – I’d personally see to that.-Bill

Well done, now this is feedback you can count on to keep people happy. Thanks again Bill!

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

HoT maps reset on me

Vlad Morbius.1759

How is the resetting coming along, do you expect to finish everyone today?

HoT maps reset on me

Posted by: Dahlia.5638

Dahlia.5638

Hi! I was wondering how the resetting was coming, it looks like my account hasn’t been reached yet, and I haven’t received an email either so I’m starting to get a little worried, haha. Any update would be appreciated!

HoT maps reset on me

shadow.6174

-Bill

Thanks for the reply, but could some official post be made in that thread too? As you said, the issues aren’t related and people in that thread has been waiting for an official reply. You know, usually not everyone would check threads or Dev tracker seeking for a reply and searching… well, better let it be :P

HoT maps reset on me

Posted by: SaraFjellskoge.4168

SaraFjellskoge.4168

Hi! I was wondering how the resetting was coming, it looks like my account hasn’t been reached yet, and I haven’t received an email either so I’m starting to get a little worried, haha. Any update would be appreciated!

I’m in the same boat. It would be nice to know whether or not my account is going to be disabled at some point tonight… and when my map is going to be fixed.

HoT maps reset on me

Sckhar Shantallas.6194

I need to speak anything else?

Attachments:

HoT maps reset on me

shadow.6174

3052 hours playing Guild Wars 2, to be treated with such disrespect.

Look at this general answer I got from the support team:

Unfortunately that’s common with any Customer Support. The first replies are usually automated ones or based from templates, mainly if there is no much details or info they could give you. If you aren’t satisfied with the reply just try to insist some more and maybe you could get some more attention. But since they already informed they are already working on the issue, I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for more replies there. By the way, I didn’t see how disrespectful it was, they just informed they already know about it.

HoT maps reset on me

Posted by: Kolya.8032

Kolya.8032

It looks like a standard automated mail acceptance response confirming your most recent submission to your ticket. I’m not sure what you want from it since it’s just an automated filter.

HoT maps reset on me

Posted by: Noitack.8327

Noitack.8327

100% HoT Map… No Reward
All HoT map progress got reset two days ago…
This is ridiculous

HoT maps reset on me

Previous

BillFreist

Gameplay Programmer

Next

I just finished doing a trial run and verifying that we can now move forward. As of right now, I plan on briefly blocking access to affected accounts tomorrow morning between 8am and 12pm PST. If all goes well, the block to the affected accounts will only last around 15 minutes – if not, it could be up to an hour or so.

I tried to get this done within work hours to ensure we have everyone available if something goes wrong, but because I’m such a paranoid person my testing took much longer because of how thorough it was

We’ll send a warning to those affect in advance of disabling the account.

-Bill

HoT maps reset on me

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Will this fix those who didn’t receive map completion rewards?

(on a minor related note: are Southsun, Dry Top, and Silverwastes supposed to give rewards now that they have map completion too? If so, all my characters that did such before the update never got them either).

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

HoT maps reset on me

Posted by: Anmida.4058

Anmida.4058

I’d like to know this as well, and if not, is there any ETA? Most of my ascended collections are on halt because none of my 100% characters, which is most of my characters to begin with, can get any map completion rewards any longer. In fact my last 100% character, within the frame of this, didn’t even get the actual chest from the last map it completed. :/

HoT maps reset on me

Posted by: Snow.4097

Snow.4097

Will this fix those who didn’t receive map completion rewards?

Specifically Those characters that had 100% Central Tyria completion before HoT not receiving map completion rewards for any Hot Zone after release.

No official acknowledgement has been given for the 100% completion/no rewards issue. I’m wondering if the rewards issue and the missing progress bugs are related and/or are being confused… would really like some confirmation…

if not I guess we will see in …. 8 hours.

HoT maps reset on me

Posted by: Payne.1250

Payne.1250

We are waiting a fix for missing rewards since MORE than 2 weeks now …. it’s getting seriously irritating since those rewards are needed for collections

I’m definitely thinking that bugs and problems are not apart of the beginning of an expansion; but 16 days without any news for such a major issue … speechless

[TSS] Tequatl Slayer Squad

#TeamAmber

HoT maps reset on me

Vlad Morbius.1759

I just finished doing a trial run and verifying that we can now move forward. As of right now, I plan on briefly blocking access to affected accounts tomorrow morning between 8am and 12pm PST. If all goes well, the block to the affected accounts will only last around 15 minutes – if not, it could be up to an hour or so.

I tried to get this done within work hours to ensure we have everyone available if something goes wrong, but because I’m such a paranoid person my testing took much longer because of how thorough it was

-Bill

Bill, will we need to respond, or will you just jump in and fix things. I won’t be available until later today so feel free to jump onto my account anytime, thanks.
Thanks for the hard work and more than that, thanks for keeping us in the loop!

HoT maps reset on me

Posted by: Klaugh.7415

Klaugh.7415

Any updates? My maps are still missing.

HoT maps reset on me

Posted by: Xeiranis.8627

Xeiranis.8627

-Bill

So has this started yet? I haven’t received any email or had maps restored and it’s gone past the time slot posted.

HoT maps reset on me

Previous

BillFreist

Gameplay Programmer

Next

Preparing to do this in the next hour. You should receive a notice about 45 minutes before.

Edit: Missing bonus rewards is on track to ship with an upcoming patch. I believe they’re doing a bunch of testing to ensure we don’t have another issue like what I’m fixing today happen again.
-Bill

HoT maps reset on me

Posted by: sion.2603

sion.2603

Great to know! I haven’t received any in-game messages about anything yet though; hopefully I’m still included in the fix.

HoT maps reset on me

Sckhar Shantallas.6194

I hope everything goes well.

HoT maps reset on me

Previous

BillFreist

Gameplay Programmer

Next

Alright its finally that time. I’m doing a preliminary test on my own account before firing away on your accounts. Europe will be the first to get the fix because there’s only a few people affected. Once I evaluate that all went well, I’ll do accounts in America and it should be a really short downtime for those people.

Sorry for the delays. Its almost like I’m be cautious or something

HoT maps reset on me

Posted by: Lee.7539

Lee.7539

Will the affected people get compensation for the wait? This has stretched my patience and I shake my head at the time I had to spend revisiting the new maps rediscovering areas. This has wasted a lot of precious time for a lot of people.

HoT maps reset on me

Sckhar Shantallas.6194

Alright its finally that time. I’m doing a preliminary test on my own account before firing away on your accounts. Europe will be the first to get the fix because there’s only a few people affected. Once I evaluate that all went well, I’ll do accounts in America and it should be a really short downtime for those people.

Sorry for the delays. Its almost like I’m be cautious or something

Finally!

HoT maps reset on me

Sckhar Shantallas.6194

Will the affected people get compensation for the wait? This has stretched my patience and I shake my head at the time I had to spend revisiting the new maps rediscovering areas. This has wasted a lot of precious time for a lot of people.

I agree with you. Somehow there are people who do not see this as an “Absurd” or “Disrespect”.

HoT maps reset on me

Posted by: GuardianOfThePaleTree.8796

GuardianOfThePaleTree.8796

I don’t understand how this would be considered absurd or disrespectful.
News flash but humans make mistakes.

HoT maps reset on me

Sckhar Shantallas.6194

If you have the whole day to play GW2 or doesn’t care to explore the same map several times, actually these adjectives don’t fit to your game profile.

HoT maps reset on me

Posted by: GuardianOfThePaleTree.8796

GuardianOfThePaleTree.8796

If you have the whole day to play GW2 or doesn’t care to explore the same map several times, actually these adjectives don’t fit to your game profile.

Or there might just be more to life than a video game and the problems that occur inside of it?

HoT maps reset on me

Posted by: SaraFjellskoge.4168

SaraFjellskoge.4168

I’m super happy that this is getting fixed, but super nervous that I haven’t gotten an email about it yet. I hope I’m included in the NA fixes!

HoT maps reset on me

sion.2603

I think the fix is incoming! Just got disconnected. Funny thing is that when I tried to log in again it said that my account had been permanantly terminated for a breach of the User Agreement/ Rules of Conduct xD.

HoT maps reset on me

Sckhar Shantallas.6194

I think the fix is incoming! Just got disconnected. Funny thing is that when I tried to log in again it said that my account had been permanantly terminated for a breach of the User Agreement/ Rules of Conduct xD.

Same here.

HoT maps reset on me

Dahlia.5638

Same here.

Oh same!! I’ve been having a small panic attack over here, haha.

HoT maps reset on me

Previous

BillFreist

Gameplay Programmer

Next

Restoring access, please check to see if you are now fixed

HoT maps reset on me

Posted by: Nemesis.2019

Nemesis.2019

I am getting the same message for breach of contract, it scared the crap out of me, then i remember they said they would turn off our accounts temp…

(edited by Nemesis.2019)

HoT maps reset on me

sion.2603

It worked! Thank you so much Bill!

(edited by sion.2603)

HoT maps reset on me

Sckhar Shantallas.6194

Not yet. I’ll keep trying.

Attachments:

HoT maps reset on me

Previous

BillFreist

Gameplay Programmer

Next

Everyone should have access back now.

HoT maps reset on me

Posted by: The Hermit.3542

The Hermit.3542

Looks fixed for me.

Thank You!

Baron Von Fur
Charr Engineer
Sanctum of Rall

HoT maps reset on me

Posted by: Nemesis.2019

Nemesis.2019

It’s fixed all my progress is back, thanks…

HoT maps reset on me

Dahlia.5638

It worked!! Thank you so much!))