Instant "God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals"

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: kill flex.3728

kill flex.3728

Hey,
every time I talk to Kimmes the Historian in the Hall of monuments to get my rewards I get a message saying “that content is temporary unavailable”
I contacted support twice and they just sent this email back…

Thank you for contacting our team about a game issue that you experienced. The Guild Wars 2 Development Team is aware of this issue and team members currently are working on addressing it. Please keep an eye on the official forums for any future updates and announcements regarding Guild Wars 2. You can reach the forums via this link: http://forum.guildwars2.com

Does anyone else also experience this problem and know what do to ( I have searched and haven’t found one thread with this and have literally tried everything, even in gw1)

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Instant-God-Walking-Amongst-Mere-Mortals/5059057

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Hall-of-Monuments-Update/5109197

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Kimmes-the-Historian-Disabled-Skin-Unlocks/5134800

There are a ton of posts about it, and regularly >.> It’s known, if something is said it’s unavailable, then anet knows because they made it so, the fix to the problem as to why they disabled it will come at some point.

(edited by Lunacy Solacio.6514)

Posted by: Harrimur.7425

Harrimur.7425

Any kind of update would be really nice tbh…

Posted by: Charles.3064

Charles.3064

Just curious. I’ve been playing back and forth between GW1 and GW2 lately. I’ve merged both accounts since the system was established, and I’ve been trying to earn more points. Recently I just gained another point, and went to the hall after the points were sync’d to GW2. I ventured deep into the Hall of Monuments, hope high, anticipation nearly unbearable! I hopped onto the lilypad along side the vendor of my past heroics. I eventually asked what goods have transcended time itself, to bless me with their power and protection. Then, he opens his mouth. I expect to hear a list of these awesome and powerful items. Suddenly, his voice rings out.

“That content has been temporarily disabled. Please try again later.”

And my hopes were shattered. My world came crashing down into a pile of nothing but despair.

Is there no hero able to help me? Save me from this dispair, please!

Ferguson’s Crossing
— Fox —
Forgotten Honor [FH]

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Posted by: KredasGeekosaure.6139

KredasGeekosaure.6139

Okay, thank you very much Anet for all the update you’ve been giving us about this matter. I appreciate it.

Moreover, I’m really surprised at how low the price for the xpac is! :o
Hopefully you’ll keep on being as fast and reliable whenever there’s a bug like this one.

Best of luck!

Can’t wait for Au Ra to come out, I really wanna play them! Haha.

Lunacy Solacio.6514

Posted by: upsdn.5426

upsdn.5426

Okay, thank you very much Anet for all the update you’ve been giving us about this matter. I appreciate it.

Moreover, I’m really surprised at how low the price for the xpac is! :o
Hopefully you’ll keep on being as fast and reliable whenever there’s a bug like this one.

Best of luck!

Can’t wait for Au Ra to come out, I really wanna play them! Haha.

I had to read this twice before I realized you were being sarcastic. I was angry at the world for a second.

Posted by: skykingsong.1724

skykingsong.1724

If you don’t fix the problem, I will no longer purchase the expansion.

shadow.6174

Yup, there have been several threads on the subject, but I believe that one is the most active one and got a few official responses.

Lunacy Solacio.6514

We had an update oh idk, 8 days ago?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Kimmes-the-Historian-Disabled-Skin-Unlocks/5134800

edit: and I think Anet has a lot more on their plate at the moment that they need to address than an update here on this…

(edited by Lunacy Solacio.6514)

Lunacy Solacio.6514

All those I linked have had dev responses, Kimmes one has the most recent.

Posted by: Aidan Eighthrain.8612

Aidan Eighthrain.8612

Aaand E3 is gone!

Posted by: gbull.6715

gbull.6715

We had an update oh idk, 8 days ago?

edit: and I think Anet has a lot more on their plate at the moment that they need to address than an update here on this…

Thank you for this, I was beginning to think they had forgotten.

Posted by: Finebone.6705

Finebone.6705

I would also like this fixed… I’d like my Rainbow Jellyfish and I can’t find it…

Posted by: Jinath.1298

Jinath.1298

Please get this resolved now. It’s been months.
It absolutely does not help Anet to promote a game expansion if they won’t even solve the Hall of Monuments issues. Plus, I am much less likely to even buy the expansion if the HOM problem is simply swept under the rug and forgotten.
Just saying.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It absolutely does not help Anet to promote a game expansion if they won’t even solve the Hall of Monuments issues. Plus, I am much less likely to even buy the expansion if the HOM problem is simply swept under the rug and forgotten.
Just saying.

1. They have solved the original issue. The delay is that they want to make sure to reset the unearned rewards and that everyone who earned them has no trouble getting them after. The solution to that is straightforward; the QA for it is not. It would be really bad if they “fixed” it only to cause any additional issues.
  2. They are confident that they are nearly ready, so it should be soon™.

It’s bad that it happened and worse that it’s not fixed. However, I am not deciding about HoT based on this alone. I’m confident that it will get addressed.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

shadow.6174

Just saying.

Yup as said on post above. Also, check https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Instant-God-Walking-Amongst-Mere-Mortals/ for a better follow up on this issue as well other links posted in this thread.

(edited by shadow.6174)

Jinath.1298

I feel like I am at work having to follow up on the progress on this issue every few days.
And that isn’t my idea of fun.

Lunacy Solacio.6514

I feel like I am at work having to follow up on the progress on this issue every few days.

Anet will announce it when the issue will be resolved and HoM will be re-enabled…

Jinath.1298

Anet will announce it when the issue will be resolved and HoM will be re-enabled…

I think you’re missing the point.
Put simply, if we do not express the fact that this needs to be dealt with, it will simply become a non-issue and Anet will assume no one cares that it is disabled and leave it as is.
Much like the idiom, “The squeaky wheel gets the grease.”

Lunacy Solacio.6514

Put simply, if we do not express the fact that this needs to be dealt with, it will simply become a non-issue and Anet will assume no one cares that it is disabled and leave it as is.

Yes except they’ve already stated they are working on it, so in this case it’s an issue of making the grease, and no matter how much a wheel squeaks can’t get it faster until the grease is made >.>

Posted by: Therodin.2970

Therodin.2970

Yes except they’ve already stated they are working on it, so in this case it’s an issue of making the grease, and no matter how much a wheel squeaks can’t get it faster until the grease is made >.>

I think your assuming that they are working on this issue as hard as they possibly can, if you don’t assume that then continuing to complain might convince them to put more resources than previously on this project.

Posted by: MarkoNS.3261

MarkoNS.3261

ETA = Never

Posted by: MostlyRock.8105

MostlyRock.8105

Do they have a estimation of when they think they will have it resolved?

Posted by: Therodin.2970

Therodin.2970

24 days ago, they said we are close(pretend i put the tiny tm here, i dont know how to do that >.>) seriously. So either we have different definitions of close, they had a hickup making the fix and it will take longer now, or they were never close and just said that so people would lay off of them for a while about it.

Posted by: Stabbi.1746

Stabbi.1746

Soon was clearly not that soon.

Jinath.1298

Maybe there aren’t that many GW1 vet’s who actually play GW2. Maybe Anet decided it really isn’t even worth their time to fix this. That is what I am speculating anyways since it has clearly been brushed aside for all these months.
Either way, I don’t even care anymore.

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

i still care…..i want my stygian reaver

Posted by: fleakiller.5073

fleakiller.5073

So obviouysly for whatever reason the hall of monuments is disabled for giving us GW1 players our rewards.. I filed a support claim and was told to hit the forums to read about this.. well.. there’s nothing here under “hall of monuments”.. my question is, when is it going to be restored if ever?? and whats broken anyways? sure would be nice to get all the rewards i earned as a playe with all paid episodes of GW1

Posted by: Scorpius.4532

Scorpius.4532

That is one of the nicest skins from HoM.

Bump for a response from ANET; this wait is beyond any justification.

Scorpius.4532

I can’t see how the fix is such an amazing undertaking to be delayed this long. They aren’t giving us any other way of getting our skins/titles unlocked.

Maybe we should flood the system with tickets /shrug

shadow.6174

I can’t see how the fix is such an amazing undertaking to be delayed this long. They aren’t giving us any other way of getting our skins/titles unlocked.

Maybe we should flood the system with tickets /shrug

As already mentioned in other threads and maybe here, the fix was already done. The issue which caused the mess was already fixed. However, HoM is still disabled because they are working on a way to clean the mess by taking any undeserved points from those who got them due the issue. This is what’s taking long because, as a dev stated once, they are working on a tool to help doing that, they hadn’t such tool yet.

Posted by: makus.5873

makus.5873

Arena y promiss to fix HOM in this LA patch )
Why HOM not fixed ( ???

Posted by: Truska.2064

Truska.2064

Another big patch goes live and still no changes on this situation… Hard to justify pre-ordering HoT when I still have no acess to the rewards I’m entitled to, from perchausing your first game.

Is there anyway we can get an update on this issue? And please don’t say “soon” if the fix is still a month+ away. That is just frustrating…

makus.5873

so frustrated this situation
get 30 pointd so hard and waiting like…

makus.5873

Posted by: Dark Jericho.8609

Dark Jericho.8609

I was at 26/50 when this bug surfaced a few months ago, and since then have slowly made it to 29/50, so I too am just dying to have that axe skin. I’ll just keep being patient and progress more with the HoM in GW1, but I’m still worried how this fix didn’t make it into the latest patch. Starting to seem like this probably won’t get fixed until HoT’s release, if that…

Lunacy Solacio.6514

I was at 26/50 when this bug surfaced a few months ago, and since then have slowly made it to 29/50, so I too am just dying to have that axe skin. I’ll just keep being patient and progress more with the HoM in GW1, but I’m still worried how this fix didn’t make it into the latest patch. Starting to seem like this probably won’t get fixed until HoT’s release, if that…

It didn’t make it in because it wasn’t done. They have had to make a tool to edit accounts for something they never meant to be edited. They have to make sure they don’t break anyone’s account, because that would be even worse.

And to a prior, there is a point where no matter how many times something is complained about, it won’t make a difference to the outcome. If they rush it, it WOULD break things. Even taking every precaution it would still be risky. So they are testing it on backup copies of accounts to make sure nothing at all breaks. We were told that ~2 weeks ago. We’ve been told repeatedly that it’s being worked on, that it’s almost done, but anyone wanting the skins should prefer it work properly even if it takes another 3 months, than a risk of it breaking even 1 persons account. Should much rather prefer they take extra time to fully test it even if it delays the release longer.

Scorpius.4532

It didn’t make it in because it wasn’t done. They have had to make a tool to edit accounts for something they never meant to be edited. They have to make sure they don’t break anyone’s account, because that would be even worse.

And to a prior, there is a point where no matter how many times something is complained about, it won’t make a difference to the outcome. If they rush it, it WOULD break things. Even taking every precaution it would still be risky. So they are testing it on backup copies of accounts to make sure nothing at all breaks. We were told that ~2 weeks ago. We’ve been told repeatedly that it’s being worked on, that it’s almost done, but anyone wanting the skins should prefer it work properly even if it takes another 3 months, than a risk of it breaking even 1 persons account. Should much rather prefer they take extra time to fully test it even if it delays the release longer.

If I could trust their word then I might buy that argument. I don’t believe the facts fit the picture you’ve been led to believe and are regurgitating. What facts have you personally seen? None, you’ve not seen the code base, the database structure, the UML model – nothing; you’ve only heard their excuse and take it as fact without proof. Sure, I don’t want anyone’s account messed up but the fact is they introduced the issue and they have not made it the top priority that it should be to fix it.

They just converted the entire trait system to something completely different and I promise you that wasn’t originally designed to evolve the way it did but they made it a priority and it got done!

Making new skins every other week and new items in the gem store, that’s all I am seeing.

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

Exactly, this is being fixed. At a rate that is possible for the people assigned to it. I’m pretty sure that something this important will be fixed and not swept under the rug. I might even bury my tin foil hat and hope that they fix it so that the ill-gotten goodies are removed.

Posted by: TheShyGuyTheory.2849

TheShyGuyTheory.2849

I crave them Hall of Monuments items! c’mon guys!

– Shy
Yak’s Bend
Thief / Daredevil Main

Posted by: Rouwish.9027

Rouwish.9027

I have a solution, remove the GWAMM title (for now) and move on Anet, who cares about the skins really its all about that title.

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

Anet should take time to fix HoM. The people that complain all the time had ~2 years to get their stuff, so there is no way why Anet should hurry to fix it.

Important is to have a clean and good fix to save the specialty and importance of HoM. So Anet please take your time for it.

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

Posted by: Lusteregris.2697

Lusteregris.2697

So..how long was it? 7 months? 9 months? I lost count.. and people say to not ‘rush’ them. Yea right, when you look at how much time have passed it sounds funny. Man, i sure was optimistic when i got into the game with 45/50 and was asking people how to get my earned rewards i was promised from gw1..

Anet, please. Give it a priority for a week or two, get this bug fixed. I dont want yet another set of black lion weapon skins, i want MY skins.

Posted by: Kallunnah.3201

Kallunnah.3201

another day, still no fix, still no ranger pets or skins

There isn’t a need to post things like that. There is no promise of it being any day. In short, it will be ready when it’s ready, and they will announce it.

I bought and played GW1 specifically to get pets and skins before I realized HOM was bugged. So yeah, as far as I am concerned there is a lot of need to remind Anet about this.

Posted by: Truska.2064

Truska.2064

Anet, please. Give it a priority for a week or two, get this bug fixed. I dont want yet another set of black lion weapon skins, i want MY skins.

^ This! +1

Posted by: Kitsune.1902

Kitsune.1902

^ This! +1

It’s not the art team that’s working on fix for this, you know. There’s also the issue of arranging refund system for people who got the GW2 during that time starting January, who buy the HoT expansion. For tech side, there’s also the issues that came with the condition change being unbalanced and needing some work. I’m betting there’s a lot of work that came up with the latest game update (specializations et all).

If I had to think priorities, then I think it’s more pressing to make sure the world bosses won’t die in 10 seconds flat. I know HoM has been broken for a long time, and I’d like to see it working too. But I agree too that it’s past the point where crying about it makes a whole lot of difference. It’s a known issue, it’s been worked on, and everyone (players and anet alike) knows it’s important – because it’s the connection point between GW1 and GW2, and means a lot as a ‘continuum’ between the games.

Meanwhile, in my opinion playing GW1 solely for 30 points does a disservice for anyone who’s doing it. GW1 was an amazing game in it’s own right, and honestly deserves to be played for it’s own sake.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

It’s just the title they’re worried about, right? Nobody was able to get in and claim skins or pets when the bug happened, so it’s just the title?

I’m really not sure why they didn’t just change the GWAMM title to something minor like “Lucky”, implement a new GWAMM title, and tell everyone that has HoM points they need to reclaim it. Seems it would be faster than trying to edit it off of specific accounts.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

It’s just the title they’re worried about, right? Nobody was able to get in and claim skins or pets when the bug happened, so it’s just the title?

I’m really not sure why they didn’t just change the GWAMM title to something minor like “Lucky”, implement a new GWAMM title, and tell everyone that has HoM points they need to reclaim it. Seems it would be faster than trying to edit it off of specific accounts.

They haven’t said for sure that no one got any skins that day. But there are up to 11 titles they’d have to remove (some people just got around 39 points unlocked, where others managed to get enough to get to GWAMM), not just the GWAMM title. Then there’s the 50 AP for each 5 points unlocked, plus any AP chest rewards people may have received from those AP. So, no, it’s not as simple as taking away the one title, I’m afraid. :\