Issue Reports: Heart of Thorns [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Steel Courage.1250

Steel Courage.1250

Welp just like everyone thus far ( or at least I think. ) I can load into the character screen but after than no go. I get an error about my network. LMAO It was working just fine about 1HOUR AGO.

Same, i just want to play my ending, says the exact same glitches and it sucks! please make it kitten again anet!

[MAD] Malicious And Dangerous-Maguma

Posted by: Tinkerbee.2873

Tinkerbee.2873

Managed to get in for about 10 mins, then tried to go to the Guild Hall, and the loading screen never progressed. Didnt even get an error. I ended up having to hard shut it down.

Tinkerbee

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Best patch ever.

10/10

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Tinkerbee.2873

Tinkerbee.2873

Even the forums are taking forever to load when I click Refresh…

Tinkerbee

Posted by: lorephoenix.9185

lorephoenix.9185

Not loading story missions since 10/28 patch. testing with Torn from the Sky and the final mission. Two different people, two different computers both getting network connection error.

Out of darkness, light.

Necro/Reaper, Rev

Posted by: Azahara.6187

Azahara.6187

Same issue as many of the ppl here, I can’t get past the character screen. The first time I went on, I could make it in, but as soon as I tried to get out of the map I was in it kicked me out. Some of my friends managed to get on after clearing the cache for gw2 but they are still having issues especially with lions arch. Story instances are also a complete no go and cause immediate crashing. After they crash it takes them ages to get back in, others are like me and can’t get in at all. PLEASE fix this…

Posted by: Daddar.5971

Daddar.5971

This game has the longest-lasting loading screen ever. Simply mesmerizing. Would buy again.

‘Elite’ in all 9 professions. I take mediocrity seriously!

Posted by: Ice.8694

Ice.8694

I just downloaded their small patch my game crashed and now I keep getting a network error. I’ve tried multiple computers and restarted my machine and all that jazz reset the network connection etc. Also, my game has crashed so many times lately it’s not even funny. Ever since I downloaded Heart of the thorns. Sometimes in massive traffic areas other times just when I switch characters.

Posted by: Eternal Is Sektor.9034

Eternal Is Sektor.9034

6 days since laugh. Left Prologue and still can’t enter back. Cannot do story at all. I’m giving up hope. Even talked to a ANET employee in game in Lions Arch who had no clue this was even a issue even though for days people have been spamming this thread about it.

Hands down the worse launch I’ve experienced. I’d put up with crashes and DCs, which I seem to have none of, to be able to play the story.

Posted by: Cboxhero.6035

Cboxhero.6035

Instances aren’t working for me either.

Getting the same error as everyone else:
The game client has lost its connection to the server. Please wait a few minutes before restarting the client and try again. (Code=7:0:0:990:101)

(edited by Cboxhero.6035)

Posted by: Druidicmind.5647

Druidicmind.5647

Tried to do living story on my ranger alt. Finished the prologue, went to enter “Torn from the Sky” instance. Game loaded for about 5 minutes then said something about my connection. Code=8:0:0:990:101

Posted by: DrMORO.4627

DrMORO.4627

Regarding latest update.
My Mac client is unable to play the game, due to not being able connect to online content somehow.
After a long wait of circling lower-right ring to load Timberline Falls, I either get a Network error 1083:5:7:1595:101, or a Lost connection error 7:0:0:990:101.
Just before to update, I was playing just fine.
Really too bad, no more playing tonight, and possibly not any daily progress nor XP gain.
HoT fixed, please!!!

Wow. I did not see this coming… I was the first-to-post my Network error 1083:5:7:1595:101, or a Lost connection error 7:0:0:990:101, in this very thread.
Then, whattayaknow, it was almost EVERYONE!
I’m was not alone…

I was able to get into the game for a few minutes after this, jumped a few locations, then again Network error 1083:5:7:1595:101, or a Lost connection error 7:0:0:990:101, no go, again…

Not sure why this HUGE issue wasn’t picked up internally by ANet before this update release.

Terrible update, thank you.
Quick & proper fix, desperately PLEASE.

Posted by: Cdoto.4920

Cdoto.4920

When you swapped around some hero points in VB in a recent patch, the icons on the map showed completion for the locations where I did them before.

Awkward wording, I know. To be more clear:

On one of my characters I had done the Flamerider kill challenge (let’s call it HP A, near the zone boundary to Auric Basin), but not the Coztic Bladedancer (let’s call it HP B, high up the vines near the Nobles’ Landing WP). After they got swapped around so the Bladedancer (B) is in the Flamerider’s old spot (A), that one (Old location A) still shows as completed, but I can initiate it and attempt to complete it(haven’t been able to successfully yet, but it still erroneously says it’s completed). The old location of the Bladedancer (old location “B”), on the other hand, is just a channel now, and says it’s incomplete on the map but interacting with it says I’ve learned all I can from it.

Sorry if that’s still a bit unclear.

Posted by: Lord Erik.6903

Lord Erik.6903

I dunno if this is HoT related, Revenant related, or what, nut my Revenant can’t get into the story instance Trouble at the Roots. Whenever I try to do it I get a long loading screen then loose connection to the server, and my character is lost in limbo, because the game doesn’t know which map my character is in, and I can’t long into any of my characters for 10-15 minutes after.

Posted by: Hellsing.4590

Hellsing.4590

ANET GET YOUR kitten TOGETHER. PLEASE. SINCERELY…THE ENTIRE kittenED OFF COMMUNITY.

Posted by: Lord Erik.6903

Lord Erik.6903

Instead of tweaking the CD, and functionality of skills it would be nice if the crashs and connection lose was fixed first, and when things are working fine it would be nice if patch’s where run through VM ware before implemented.

Posted by: Dakirah.1892

Dakirah.1892

Regarding the patch that came out Oct 29, 2015 at around 10pm est -

I’m still unable to enter “Mind and Heart” for my storyline. My client crashes then repeatedly crashes for anything else I do until I complete exit out. Once I re-enter through the new client that I opened I cannot log on to the toon that Heart and Mind crashed on – I am only able to log onto an alt without crashing.

Posted by: rezag.5401

rezag.5401

the revenant 2 skill from downed state can get people stuck in pvp possibly enemys in pve also
i got a charr dragonhunter stuck in the wall close to the middle of the pvp map"forest of Nifthel"
he said he got teleported back to spawn point after a while and that he typed /stuck not sure if it helped
hope u guys can fix this bugg

Posted by: khalissi.5138

khalissi.5138

four attempts to enter The Jungle Provides storyline, game freezes at login zone frame. I ve had to Cntrl/Alt/Delete to get out of the game and restarted my computer every time. Very annoying. Hope it corrected in next build.
In viewing the above posts, i see a lot of people are having the same issue trying to get into storyline.

(edited by khalissi.5138)

Posted by: Crazy.6029

Crazy.6029

SIGN CUTTING Still bugged out, please fix.

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

So, ever since their last patch my main account, with Heart of Thorns unlocked, will just crash/disconnect 90% of the time seemingly when I try logging in.

The one time I did get in, I joined a fractal group and went into the Snowblind Fractal only to get hit by a ridiculous skill delay lag that caused some to die simply by walking off the ramps cause they presumably couldn’t control their characters effectively. We try to leave, only for the loading screen to never load for me, so I quit it from the desktop and restart, only for the disconnecting to begin again.

My alt account, which doesn’t have Heart of Thorns unlocked, seems to be working fine at this moment though. I’m sure something will come up though.

This is ridiculous…please…fix your servers… you’re making me consider Tera again. That’s not a good sign.

Posted by: xploOde.1249

xploOde.1249

Prisoners of the Dragon personal story quest – stuck on loading screen.

Code=7:0:0:990:101

Been trying to do that quest for the last 20mins, same error.

Edit: I have also tried restarting my computer.

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

100% map completion Verdant Brink: no map completion reward or achievement
100% map completion Auric Basin: no map completion reward or achievement

(my character had 100% World Completion before HoT came out)

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

Posted by: paradox.3528

paradox.3528

I didn’t get any reward for completing the map verdant brink on my warrior.

Posted by: Zabrios.6079

Zabrios.6079

Profession cache for completing a map doesn’t update the collection for its ascended weapon.

Posted by: FractalSteam.3914

FractalSteam.3914

Would be nice if Arenanet posted something on the official forums letting us know they are working on the issue that seems to have started after the last patch and when they expect to have it fixed. Its frustrating starting the client, then waiting to see if you get in or not.

Posted by: Killertx.6540

Killertx.6540

I can log in just fine about every 30 minutes or so, but when I try to enter Victory or Death to complete the quest, same exact problem as everyone else.

What’s even weirder is when I finished the previous section of the quest, right at the moment when it completed and told me to move on to Fort Trinity, the game immediately without warning booted me off to my desktop and spat out this corrupt update at me.

Great patch! Tennoudaten!

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

Would be nice if Arenanet posted something on the official forums letting us know they are working on the issue that seems to have started after the last patch and when they expect to have it fixed. Its frustrating starting the client, then waiting to see if you get in or not.

October 29, 2015
If you’re having trouble connecting to the game, we’re aware and still investigating a fix. http://ow.ly/TYLMn ^RB

October 29, 2015
We will bring the servers down for maintenance in 20 minutes. Estimated downtime will be 30 minutes. Thank you for your patience. ^RB

If that shows up correctly at all, it’s a tweet saying they’re aware of the issue and working on it. So we just gotta sweat it out until then.

(edited by Mo Mo.1947)

Posted by: SilhouetteEyes.3184

SilhouetteEyes.3184

Last night, while working on the story, “The Jungle Provides”, I got a network error message after I had cleared the platforms. I tried the story again tonight, twice, and each time got the same error message at the same point in the instance.

Posted by: Grizzack.7829

Grizzack.7829

Are you aware of Modniir Ulgoth’s collection item not registering for the Twlight precursor collection?

Posted by: nSan.4251

nSan.4251

After the recent patch of October 28th, I can’t access the Core Tyria quest, “Search the Premises” it fails to load and it disconnects me.

I’m able to load other maps like move to other maps, but I can’t load up that quest.

Posted by: woshiyi.6487

woshiyi.6487

unable to enter instance city of hope in HoT. I tried couple of time today and it took about 5 mins loading then the game freeze.

Posted by: Erza.2163

Erza.2163

I just updated to heart of thorns, but now I can’t seem to be able to log on

Posted by: Keatherian.7246

Keatherian.7246

wont let me log in ???

Posted by: FirsthandTuna.5409

FirsthandTuna.5409

Finished Auric Basin, but didn’t get any map rewards. No Guardian’s Cache for the Ydalir collection.

Posted by: Ohmsie.3456

Ohmsie.3456

I was on my Necromancer and went to do “Torn from the Sky”. I managed to complete it, but like many other people, I had problems traversing to another map afterwards. I instead tried relogging, but I just ended back up in “Prologue: Rally to Maguuma”. Now my Necromancer is stuck in there and can’t get out. The portal to Verdant Brink is still inaccesible and if I try to walk outside of the map, it simply teleports me back in.

Posted by: Shalien.9018

Shalien.9018

I’ve crashed nonstop since HoT launched. I’ve played well over 10 hours a day since Friday. I can play for roughly 20-30 minutes between crashes and in LA I can go maybe 10 minutes between crashes. A good portion of the crashes I notice on the tail end of something not loading and the model being covered in a texture-less blue/green weirdness.

I’ve rolled back my drivers, updated my drivers, enabled SLI, disabled SLI, -repaired the client and fully reinstalled the game with no success in anything.

It’s hard for me to get a screenshot because when something loses its texture, if I hit printscreen the game crashes. I was able to get one though so attached is a screenshot of an example when something becomes blue/green weirdness.

Attachments:

Shalien Ascendant [SL]
Sanctum of Rall
Check out our Recruitment Video

Posted by: Sparrowlicious.3890

Sparrowlicious.3890

I’m not sure if anyone already reported this but:
On revenant some skills prompt an involuntary camera turn if you’re not at the moment turning your camera yourself. I’m not sure if it’s because I’m a bit sensitive right now, but for me this is in the same vein as camera shake: it makes me uncomfortable (as in, nauseous) looking at it for a longer period of time.
What I’m talking about is that some skills, especially sword skill 3, turn your camera left and right sometimes. If I remember correctly also stacking with hammer does this on skill 3 I think?
Please look into this. It’s fine that the camera follows the character when you use sword skill 3 but please don’t let it turn left and right. That’s too much for me ):
I have yet to see if locking the camera with free camera prevents this but since there still seem to be issues with login I might try that out later.

Posted by: Salvatore.4983

Salvatore.4983

would be nice a list of the problems you’re looking into so we’re not gonna ask about those anymore…

Posted by: Sophia OoZE.5914

Sophia OoZE.5914

I recieve “Tempest’s Loop” when I’ve completed elite specialization of Tempest, instead “Machined Warhorn”.

Can I get Machined Warhorn?

Attachments:

Posted by: Vashtii.1753

Vashtii.1753

Not sure if this is a bug, or intended or forgotten about? Been a lot of posts on the forums but not one reply. The bladed armor chest piece seems impossible to get or insanely low % to be given. I am not sure if this is a bug but I’ve done around 21 t4 verdent brink map completes and have yet to see that, or even a single bladed armor box.

Posted by: garith.6827

garith.6827

I’ve crashed nonstop since HoT launched. I’ve played well over 10 hours a day since Friday. I can play for roughly 20-30 minutes between crashes and in LA I can go maybe 10 minutes between crashes. A good portion of the crashes I notice on the tail end of something not loading and the model being covered in a texture-less blue/green weirdness.

I’ve rolled back my drivers, updated my drivers, enabled SLI, disabled SLI, -repaired the client and fully reinstalled the game with no success in anything.

It’s hard for me to get a screenshot because when something loses its texture, if I hit printscreen the game crashes. I was able to get one though so attached is a screenshot of an example when something becomes blue/green weirdness.

i have exactly the same, that sceenshot and all, but happens usually in crowded areas and around once per hr.

Posted by: Saintkerias.8690

Saintkerias.8690

Cant log in the game constant network error on all 9 chars in diffrent locations.

Posted by: Juriasti.8297

Juriasti.8297

Since the launch of HOT, I’m seeing OOM every 20~90 minutes, losing all progress, effort, and time on whatever map I crash out of. This most recent patch did nothing to help.

Posted by: Angryfist.2591

Angryfist.2591

i am having a issue with my story in third gliding phase in Mordremoth fight the updrafts don’t seem to work so i cant get in the air…. tried it 5 times died all 5 times in same phase…. please fix this.

Posted by: Hiwi Kiwi.7386

Hiwi Kiwi.7386

Still having the network issue – patch fixed nothing. Byebye guild missions. ):

" ’Cause in the end, all you really have are memories. "
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted by: Hiusku.3815

Hiusku.3815

No reward for map completion :/

Posted by: VirusDA.5817

VirusDA.5817

Completed verdant on my main warrior, got no reward. Tried on my revenant and did get. Really need the reward for collection from warr

Posted by: Shin.2019

Shin.2019

No reward for map completion for Verdent Brink and Auric :/ One of my friend got it on his revenant.

Posted by: Phloww.1048

Phloww.1048

I already sent a bug report – just finished 100% map completion for Verdant Brink and no chest reward. Hope a fix is on the way soon.